PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god someone needs to rip the Battle mode BGM of the beach area

MegaMettaurX
Jul 20, 2013, 05:51 AM
It's too good. D: I dunno how to rip musics, so I can't do it myself.

boomboom
Jul 20, 2013, 06:23 AM
yes we really need that, all the soundtrack, and graphic model file also, and expose the game system as well, rip em all, decrypt em all, and and lets make a whole new hentai game from all those!!!

pertamax, btw....

MegaMettaurX
Jul 20, 2013, 06:35 AM
yes we really need that, all the soundtrack, and graphic model file also, and expose the game system as well, rip em all, decrypt em all, and and lets make a whole new hentai game from all those!!!

pertamax, btw....

As long as that theme comes from this, It'll be alright.

Ezodagrom
Jul 20, 2013, 06:40 AM
This was posted in another topic a couple days ago or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04jOPY-NsjE

boomboom
Jul 20, 2013, 07:03 AM
about ripping bgm, i once tried getting "The Last Remnant" OST and i realize its a looping sound (ogg vorbis something)
so this pso2 does the music file originally just sound file like wav, mp3? or it is looping sound ogg vorbis?, sorry if hard to understand...

oot: its not like i want mods or something like that, but is there client side character model modification?

Kondibon
Jul 20, 2013, 07:27 AM
about ripping bgm, i once tried getting "The Last Remnant" OST and i realize its a looping sound (ogg vorbis something)
so this pso2 does the music file originally just sound file like wav, mp3? or it is looping sound ogg vorbis?, sorry if hard to understand...

oot: its not like i want mods or something like that, but is there client side character model modification?

The music in PSO2 is modular from what I've heard. Each song is actually a whole bunch of sound files. I don't know what format they're in but I suspect it's easier to record the music ingame than it would be to extract the files and mesh them together coherently.

Yden
Jul 20, 2013, 07:53 AM
The music in PSO2 is modular from what I've heard. Each song is actually a whole bunch of sound files. I don't know what format they're in but I suspect it's easier to record the music ingame than it would be to extract the files and mesh them together coherently.

Huh I didn't know that. That's probably what SEGA meant when they talked about dynamic music changing a while back. I guess this system is what makes the transition from field to battle music so smooth.

Kondibon
Jul 20, 2013, 07:59 AM
Huh I didn't know that. That's probably what SEGA meant when they talked about dynamic music changing a while back. I guess this system is what makes the transition from field to battle music so smooth.

It would also explain why sometimes a small lag spike causes the music to stop and/or overlap.... *pokerface*

Maronji
Jul 20, 2013, 08:52 AM
I don't know what format they're in but I suspect it's easier to record the music ingame than it would be to extract the files and mesh them together coherently.

You'd be right. The format is HCA ADX2, which has a working converter, but it won't touch this game's music files yet for some reason. Also, there's no known decoder for the format either, so recording in-game is the only option at present.

Puppet_Papaya
Jul 20, 2013, 09:32 AM
The beach battle bgm reminds me of a Sega Saturn game. Anybody else get that feeling?

Z-0
Jul 20, 2013, 09:37 AM
Reminds me of Chao Races.

lostinseganet
Jul 20, 2013, 10:24 AM
it is possible they might have changed it for episode 2, but 1 was modular.

Chdata
Jul 20, 2013, 11:06 AM
Music in this game makes me think of some Megaman X games.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 11:10 AM

Fuck, I'm not the only one thinking about chao half the time I'm on the beach?

yoshiblue
Jul 20, 2013, 11:26 AM
The beach battle bgm reminds me of a Sega Saturn game. Anybody else get that feeling?

I did and its pretty awesome. Would have been funny if the zone had a theme inspired by Emerald Coast's Windy and Ripply + Azure Blue World.

Puppet_Papaya
Jul 20, 2013, 11:35 AM
I did and its pretty awesome. Would have been funny if the zone had a theme inspired by Emerald Coast's Windy and Ripply + Azure Blue World.

Yes, please, Sega. I'd love some more vintage Sonic Team cameo element

Vashyron
Jul 20, 2013, 02:45 PM

Yes.

--

Alisha
Jul 20, 2013, 02:55 PM
im not 100% sure but i think there are 2 bech battle themes one for normal and one for darker. i want he darker one.

Ezodagrom
Jul 20, 2013, 03:23 PM
im not 100% sure but i think there are 2 bech battle themes one for normal and one for darker. i want he darker one.
If there's different battle themes, the different one could be for emergency codes, maybe?
(I haven't played enough of the new area to know though, only played it a little bit, since I've been focusing on my new character)

MegaMettaurX
Jul 20, 2013, 04:24 PM

It's reminding me of Beatmania IIDX, that's why I wanted it so bad.

Punisher106
Jul 20, 2013, 04:45 PM
This music makes me think of either Waverace or Ridge Racer. Take your pick.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 05:47 PM
I also find that I think of sonic adventure 1 constantly, between the music and the actual map itself. Then the buildings off in the distance have a neat PSO1 mystery element to them.

Mikenar
Jul 20, 2013, 06:37 PM
I've always enjoyed the music that comes from sonic team.

Kondibon
Jul 20, 2013, 07:17 PM

If there's different battle themes, the different one could be for emergency codes, maybe?
(I haven't played enough of the new area to know though, only played it a little bit, since I've been focusing on my new character)

On the topic of the music, it's worth mentioning that there are more two versions of all the battle themes, which is partly why the music is so modular. Some I've noticed, are emergency trials, lots of enemies, and enemies spawned but not engaged in combat (I think... it tends to happen when I run past a bunch of spawns without fighting in TAs). According, to Sega there are also versions for when you're doing well, and for when things are grim. I know that in the skylands the "you're doing good" section is part of the main theme but it's hard to pinpoint the others. I wouldn't be surprised if there are different versions for Darkers too and I just didn't notice.

EDIT: Oh and PSE Bursts, but we all knew that. XD

MOAR EDIT: I just remembered. Weather might affect it too, though the weather itself seems to be affected by ingame factors as well, so I'm not sure how that works.

Then the buildings off in the distance have a neat PSO1 mystery element to them.Things like this are why I like Ruins as well. These two areas have a very classic feel to them.