PDA

View Full Version : why am i getting owned in Ultimate?

Thumbalina2k
Apr 7, 2003, 02:00 PM
I'm a HUnewearl Lvl 108 in ult, and I cant even go into the caves without getting whooped. I can clear the forest pretty good, and beat the dragon by my self, but when i go to the caves, every hit takes away half of my life atleast. Could it be what I have on? or just because I'm not that high yet. Here's what i have equiped

double cannon
guard wave
god power
god power
god body
god battle
secret gear
devils wing

718HP/626TP

ginko990
Apr 7, 2003, 02:06 PM
Um if you keep getting knowcked down, use god/body's or god/hp's if you can get them.

Palimak
Apr 7, 2003, 02:06 PM
That really doesn't make too much sense considering thats about how much damage my lvl 53 HUnewearl is taking in the ultimate caves and she's still using a hyper frame... She hasn't even taken any mats yet. I really couldn't say whats happening to you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Elusive_Llama
Apr 7, 2003, 02:17 PM
Your problem is that you're not using Deband and Jellen. Hunewearls should always have S/D/J cast, at the very least.

Jae
Apr 7, 2003, 02:50 PM
Try a sword or partisan type. If you're going toe-to-toe with groups of Vulmers with nothing more than a Double Cannon equipped, you're going to get your ass handed to you. Bring a gun for the lillies and dragons too.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 7, 2003, 03:26 PM
If you're gonna use dupes, get some HP mats and hit% vulcans.

TheBr00klynZ00
Apr 7, 2003, 05:50 PM
ultimate mines rape my RAcast, damn robots and their lasers

Para
Apr 7, 2003, 05:57 PM
note: getting knocked down can be a good thing... especially in ult caves. those ob lilies will get you easily if u dont get knocked down. getting knocked down will provide you those minor seconds of invunerability which is highly useful and may save your life more than once.

Thumbalina2k
Apr 7, 2003, 07:20 PM
On 2003-04-07 13:26, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:

only dupe I am using is the double cannon everything else is legit, I found it

Mystil
Apr 7, 2003, 07:52 PM
On 2003-04-07 12:00, Thumbalina2k wrote:
I'm a HUnewearl Lvl 108 in ult, and I cant even go into the caves without getting whooped. I can clear the forest pretty good, and beat the dragon by my self, but when i go to the caves, every hit takes away half of my life atleast. Could it be what I have on? or just because I'm not that high yet. Here's what i have equiped

double cannon
guard wave
god power
god power
god body
god battle
secret gear
devils wing

718HP/626TP

I suggest you play with a FO who isn't S/d resta selfish.(one who just nukes instead of supports..)..other than that, what's been already said in this topic is good advice. And high DFP in Ult is not that much of a good thing..

BrokenHope
Apr 7, 2003, 08:28 PM

double cannon
guard wave
god power
god power
god body
god battle
secret gear
devils wing

718HP/626TP

I suggest you learn how to actually play the game if you can't do ult caves at level 108 using that equipment because frankly you're laughable.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 7, 2003, 08:38 PM

double cannon
guard wave
god power
god power
god body
god battle
secret gear
devils wing

718HP/626TP

the stuff u have on makes a lil bit fo a difference but its the fact thats its ultimate that makes it tricky lol.

Yoda86
Apr 7, 2003, 09:10 PM
Well, it IS called Ultimate for a reason. Its not just another name for another difficulty, its ULTIMATE.

Eclypse
Apr 7, 2003, 10:50 PM
On 2003-04-07 12:06, Palimak wrote:
That really doesn't make too much sense considering thats about how much damage my lvl 53 HUnewearl is taking in the ultimate caves and she's still using a hyper frame... She hasn't even taken any mats yet. I really couldn't say whats happening to you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

First off, I am confused. You must be talking about Ultimate offline because level 53 can't even get into Ult online.

Anyways, I go through the forest and the caves pretty easily using, my HUnewearl level 124 equiped with the following.

RAINBOW BATON+11
DB ARMOR
-GOD/BATTLE
-GOD/BATTLE
-WARRIOR/BODY
-WARRIOR/BODY
DB SHIELD
SAVITRI (65/45/45/45)

If you can come across a force that will make you a RAINBOW BATON then you should use the stone on it and use that weapon because it rules Ult mode. I normally hate slicers, but that is one slicer weapon that cleans house when mixed with a Shifta/Deband combo.

Eclypse
Apr 7, 2003, 10:54 PM
Another thing you might wanna try depending on if youo high enough ATA is to get a good mech like the L&K14 COMBAT and use those in the mines because when those are equiped with a battle slot unit, they are a very nice weapon to use in Ult.

Orange_Coconut
Apr 7, 2003, 10:59 PM
I have a HUnewearl too, I got through quite nicely with a ranged weapon. May I suggest some sort of mechgun and power enhancement material? I did quite well doing that. Also, I kinda played in a lame way through the caves, I got one enemy on me at a time so I wouldn't get swarmed (My best multi-enemy hitting weapon is Flowen's Sword...) So that helped a lot too.

malinko
Apr 7, 2003, 11:17 PM
On 2003-04-07 20:50, Eclypse wrote:

On 2003-04-07 12:06, Palimak wrote:

First off, I am confused. You must be talking about Ultimate offline because level 53 can't even get into Ult online.

Anyways, I go through the forest and the caves pretty easily using, my HUnewearl level 124 equiped with the following.

RAINBOW BATON+11
DB ARMOR
-GOD/BATTLE
-GOD/BATTLE
-WARRIOR/BODY
-WARRIOR/BODY
DB SHIELD
SAVITRI (65/45/45/45)

If you can come across a force that will make you a RAINBOW BATON then you should use the stone on it and use that weapon because it rules Ult mode. I normally hate slicers, but that is one slicer weapon that cleans house when mixed with a Shifta/Deband combo.

Take off one of those God/Battles. You will attack the same speed with 4 of them as you will with 1.

Blue-Hawk
Apr 7, 2003, 11:48 PM
yes, shifta/deband is always a good thing. my ramarl got to ultimate ruins at lv 99. and i dont even use jellun/zalure. i find it useless.

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 12:21 AM
So have they changed it from the days of the DC because every since the GC version came out and I found my first General/Battle, I have always added more each time to increase weapon speed. I like to keep 2 just beacuse I think it makes a difference. Just look at the speed you swing something like ZANBA with.

Maybe it makes a difference and may it doesn't, but I will always keep more than one.

NekoHikari
Apr 8, 2003, 12:25 AM
I'm so happy to hear that you're having a hard time.

You see, the simple fact is that you're using a duped weapon, and that automatically makes you a loser. By being a loser, your sole purpose is to continue losing.

One could only hope that you get tired of being such a complete failure, and stop playing the game entirely.

Captain_Dude
Apr 8, 2003, 12:36 AM
On 2003-04-07 22:25, NekoHikari wrote:
I'm so happy to hear that you're having a hard time.

You see, the simple fact is that you're using a duped weapon, and that automatically makes you a loser. By being a loser, your sole purpose is to continue losing.

One could only hope that you get tired of being such a complete failure, and stop playing the game entirely.

Thats extremely cold! I'm not saying that I support duping. But there's no need to be so harsh to them. It's not right to be mean just because they use a dupe, it's their choice to play with a dupe, and do not deserve to be given grief because of their choices in playing!

Back to topic:
I have no idea as to WHY you're having trouble on ultimate with such powerful stuf... But all you need to do is examine your playing and the playing of others, see if there's something you're not doing, or doing wrong. Maybe you're forgetting support tech, or maybe forgetting mates or something... I don't know.
But whatever, good luck with the problem!

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 01:23 AM
I personally gotta give you props for coming out and saying that you're using a dupe even though it's pretty obvious seeing as most of the D.CANNON's on PSO are fake.

If I still had my hunters license I would have met up with you and gave you all of my rares because I had some great stuff that would have made it so you OWNED ultimate instead of the current state you're in. Anyways good luck.

MissJester
Apr 8, 2003, 09:08 AM
When i was that level in the caves, I was using a Red Sword +52 (no %), Yamato +60, and a Raygun with 35% A. Beast. If you dont want to get your ass kicked, you must use S/D/J/Z, it makes it much easier. Take out Lilies, with a gun, crowds with a sword, and single or 2 enemies with a double type weapon. Thats how i made it through. Oh yeah! I was also using 4 Metal/Bodies, I had no God Equipment at that time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MissJester on 2003-04-08 07:12 ]</font>

rena-ko
Apr 8, 2003, 09:56 AM
Lorelei:
lvl106.
eaten 40 pow mats and 30 evade mats, 6 luck.
last survivor+31 (25 15 0 0 0) or delsaber buster,
varista+25 (0 0 0 15 0) for lilies
ultimate frame 4 slot
-orge/power++
-elf/arm+
-elf/arm+
-master/ability
delsaber shield or secret gear (for elemental defense)
savitri mag with 10 105 65 0 (will be 10 125 65 0 when its done).

with this setup, i go easily through forest (most of the time, vulmer dont even scratch me anymore) and caves - da ral li was easy as well. only cast shifta(16) and resta (16) here and there, sometimes deband(14) or zalure(14) when i feel like it.
so far i have some trouble in the mines but this wont be a problem in some levels...

hm...
i guess its the mats that do the difference... together with the atp/ata-mag...

i might add: i play mostly c-mode-style - i.e. 3hit combo only if i really know its worth it, attack from the side or behind. take out groups with the last survivor and go onto single enemies with the delsaber setup (awesome 1800 atp with shifta!).

also...
yes, it sounds harsh but i tend to second nekohikaris opinion.

@thumbalina2k
its not that you use some uber-rare, but its how to use a good weapon. change your playing style, maybe you'll have more success...
some body-slot items would help - or dragon/hp (HP+40)
if you have lots of 'miss' replace the power-units with arm units.
double sabers have a fault with the animation - you are vulnerable for a sec. so its only good onto one single enemy and only if you know you can kill it with one combo.
for anything else i'd recommend a good saber (db saber or a good yellow series with high %) or sword (last survivor or dragon slayer) or get yourself a decent gun (varista or yellow series [raygun] with %).

all in all, make yourself a atp/ata mag (pow & dex - dont waste too much on mind - offline, you'll only really need s/d/j/z resta/anti - if you want more 'mind' for online, i'd recommend a second mag with alround stats [i.e. 20 60 60 60]).

good luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-04-08 08:16 ]</font>

polishedweasel
Apr 8, 2003, 11:57 AM
I have a HUnewearl...and uh....whe beat Ult Caves at lv 65. She got to Ultomate at lv 49. I don't think that Ultimate is all that hard. I beat ult ep 1 at lv 104. Maybe you need some better dupes.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 8, 2003, 02:17 PM
Ultimate is not that hard? Get online...

KirinDave
Apr 8, 2003, 03:49 PM
First of all, Boo at using a dupe. But honestly, it's offline mode. Don't use it online and I don't care a whit. If the rest really is legit... whatever.

2 god/battles do nothing. Want proof? Get a stopwatch. Put something else there, like MORE ACCURACY! Elf/Arm++'s should be common to you. God/Arms are good took, if you have a skyly around to pipe for them.

In Ult, the major limiting factor for all classes is ATA. With SDJZ, all monsters are killable within a combo or three, it's more the problem of hitting them with all hits. Popular choices (which are easy to get, don't resort to dupes) are high hit% vulcans (find them in shops with high level characters, I just had a friend buy me 40% hit vulcans in the shop a day or two ago, he was lvl 140) and high hit and damage % dragon slayers, which skyly finds easily. Hit% swords of greater quality are of course preferred, but few people will ever find a red sword or chain sawd with hit%.

You notice I didn't mention double-saber class weapons on that list. A double-saber class weapon is a real specialty object. It's probably one of the better multi-hit weapons in the game, but it's very, very difficult to use properly. When you see someone tearing through a level with a double saber and NOT constantly getting hit/dying, then you've found someone who's good at PSO, imnsho.

Use a weapon more suitable to your skill level, like a sword class, a partisan class (low power, easy to use. Blame the RAs.)

Finally, at this point in your hune lifespan, you need mad loads of ATA. You mag should have a ton of it. 100 is not an unreasonable dex amount. Sorry if your duper's wing mag doesn't conform to that. Savitiri's are easy to make and quick to feed, so I'd recommend going for that. Something lie 5/90/100/5 isn't too hard to attain and is a good balance. The 5 in mind is only there as a kind of crutch to keep it easy early on and keep the def at 5.

Good luck. I'd suggest doing v.hard forest runs until at least lvl 65, 70 though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KirinDave on 2003-04-08 13:54 ]</font>

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 07:15 PM
My last piece of advice would be to just travel in packs until yu get higher in level and then worry about finding rares. For now just get at least 1 hit in and you will get the experience needed for leveling up.

Yoda86
Apr 8, 2003, 07:40 PM
Well, if you have a varista (or other rare handgun) just spread out your 3 hit combo attacks so all the Vulmers in the caves will flinch and they won't hit you. You can do the same thing in forest except its a lot easier to do weak-strong-strong combos and nothing will touch you. As for mines, doesn't work because no matter what you hit those Gillchichs with, they don't fall anymore (except if the attack does like 250 damage). And I haven't had the guts to try out handgun type tricks in Ultimate Ruins (damn indi belras http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif )

MP3dawg16
Apr 8, 2003, 08:11 PM
bust out a devil or demon weap...

MonoxideChild
Apr 8, 2003, 08:21 PM
I'd suggest switching to a non double-bladed weapon first. After that, find a weapon with high %'s (one for each attribute), grind them all the way, use S/D/Z/J, than learn how to move the hell out of the way before you get hit.

Liet
Apr 8, 2003, 09:22 PM
I can get through offline Ult Caves at lv 79 with a Red Partisan +5 and a Varista +25. Take off a God/Battle, 2 are't any better than 1. Put on a God/Legs or Elf/Legs. Your shield has no Evasion. You are likely getting "critical"ly hit every time. I'd use a different shield and equip a God/Body. Also, admit it, more of your items than the DubCannon are dupes. I got no problem with dupes, only with people who say they dont use them (or "only use one"). I guess I have a problem with people acting all "legit" like they are sooo cool. I dont have any dupes but who cares if there are dupes out there. We'd never see most of the ubers if there weren't any. Also, as a preemptive to the people who accuse me of having dupes (you know who you are, phala...), I dont play online and therefore, don't have dupes.

stay cool

Thumbalina2k
Apr 9, 2003, 12:05 PM
Broken Hope: learn to play? I've been playing since V1 on DC buddy, i think i know how to play this game

Neko Hikari: That's cold-hearted. So since I am a loser cause I use a duped double cannon, then all the other people that use a duped double cannon, or duped BKB are losers too? That's a lot of losers! Atleast I can come out and say that I do use a duped weapon, unlike some other people.

If I should get rid of the double cannon, should i go back to my 2nd favorite weapon, which would be an Asuka? I used that weapon all through H, VH, and so on. Oh yes, I AM online, and NO the other stuff I have isnt duped. Is there anything better than the secret gear? I have noticed that the EVP is a lot lower than say an ultimate shield. Is it worth it to lose like 30 DEF and add like 80EVP? I do have a safety heart that I plan on using when I get to lvl 123 (Not Its not duped!

UPDATE: I am now lvl 111 and I replaced the Devils Wing mag (18/178/3/1) with a Sato (20/140/40/0) that I had MonkeyFunky make me. I'm able to hit the guys more often, and take them out. I am sporting a new Brightness Circle that has helped out with DEF a little bit, but not much. To whomever said that I get a lot of critical hits, Yes that is true, is that cause of the low EVP?

Moderators: If you feel like this is getting out of hand with dupe bashing, goahead and close it down

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thumbalina2k on 2003-04-09 10:25 ]</font>

Sedyne
Apr 9, 2003, 12:39 PM
On 2003-04-07 13:26, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:

speaking of which, let me dupe your vulcans

Eclypse
Apr 9, 2003, 01:39 PM
Well seeing as you're a HUnewearl anyways, you evade should be pretty high by default. I wouldn't worry so much about using a God/Legs, etc to boost your evade. Having high evade is a nice thing, but having higher defense is better always. My level 124 HUnewearl had a 417 when combined with the materials I used and the mag I have. Once I added the 2 Metal/Body slot units I always carry with me, the DEF rating was near the max and I could survive getting hit by a Delbiter twice because they damage was severely reduced by the DEF rating. Hope this helps