PDA

View Full Version : Black screen when starting game. after update

SmilingHobo
Jul 21, 2013, 07:48 PM
So I downloaded PSO2, let it patch the some thousands of files (which it put into my pso2_bin folder), I installed the english patch with PSO2 Tweaker and turned the game on, black screen is all I get. After much trial and error I deleted everything and started fresh.

I then reinstalled the game, turned the game on with the PSO2exe and it turnes on, I see the intro and the logos. I get to the login but it gives me some error, which I assume is because I don't have the game updated. SOOOO I updated the game, patched it, and did NOT install any third party anything. When I turn the game on I get a black screen.

Somewhere between the first time and the last time I tried updating with the english patcher, but that didn't work either.

Does anyone know what I may be overlooking?

SmilingHobo
Jul 21, 2013, 11:09 PM
Nope, no error.

Actually I already have that, its what I used to update the game since the regular patcher stopped halfway through usually, probably should have mentioned that part too haha.

Anyways when I tell it to analyze it gives me....

"Checking for folders... Done!
Done testing! If you got any errors here, please carry out the recommended steps."

And I still get a black screen when I start the game.

Is it normal for all of the files downloaded to go into the "pso2_bin" folder? its all a bunch of files with seemingly random names like "00ab5dc84f53cd40ea127de53aaaa80f"