PDA

View Full Version : Soloing

Camster187
Jul 27, 2013, 11:25 AM
I've not played the game in quite a few months and was hoping I could get some advice on what class combination would be best for soloing? I have fi,ra & gu at around level 30 and hu at level 42.

Shiyo
Jul 27, 2013, 11:28 AM
Ranged classes are easiest for soloing, especially Force. Melee are hardest and have more chances of failure and dying. Really no best, just easiest and safest, and force is probably the easiest and safest.

jooozek
Jul 27, 2013, 11:49 AM
protip: no class in this game is hard
hunters are the easiest to play because you can simply spam overend and you win at the game
they also get automate halfline, iron will and just guard and the best evasion action - step

Dana
Jul 27, 2013, 12:46 PM
protip: this game is not hard

Fixed

Emp
Jul 27, 2013, 12:51 PM
protip: no class in this game is hard
hunters are the easiest to play because you can simply spam overend and you win at the game
they also get automate halfline, iron will and just guard and the best evasion action - step

Fo has best evasion method. Not Hu.

And the games difficulty is solely based on ur gear and awareness. If you hv shitty, prepare to have a bad time. Best bet is to join a team, learn and watch from them, and you will soon be be able to solo fairly easy.

jooozek
Jul 27, 2013, 01:00 PM
uh, no, it's the worst
no other evasive action in this game can end prematurely because the ground isn't even (lol)
no other class is forced to charge up their PAs to deal anything but shit damage
the funny part is that when you use the dodge, you cancel your running animation and most attacks can be simply outran, by trying to mirage escape out of them you might get yourself killed (chrome/ex dragon pillars)

Emp
Jul 27, 2013, 01:07 PM
uh, no, it's the worst
no other evasive action in this game can end prematurely because the ground isn't even (lol)
no other class is forced to charge up their PAs to deal anything but shit damage
the funny part is that when you use the dodge, you cancel your running animation and most attacks can be simply outran, by trying to mirage escape out of them you might get yourself killed (chrome/ex dragon pillars)

As long as I phase through an attack and not get hit, its better than hu. Oh rockbear gonna body slam ground? phase and no dmg.

jooozek
Jul 27, 2013, 01:07 PM
jesus christ you need mirage escape for that?

Emp
Jul 27, 2013, 01:13 PM
jesus christ you need mirage escape for that?

It was just an example. I can phase away in any direction to avoid and not get hit. Hu still has that risk of taking damage during their step.

Shiyo
Jul 27, 2013, 01:14 PM
Wtf, someone just said force has the worst dodge? Jesus, how is it possible to be completely ass backwards wrong like that? I don't even know.

jooozek
Jul 27, 2013, 01:16 PM
It was just an example. I can phase away in any direction to avoid and not get hit. Hu still has that risk of taking damage during their step.

if you get hit by that thing, im afraid chess is more fit for you :rolleyes:

Wtf, someone just said force has the worst dodge? Jesus, how is it possible to be completely ass backwards wrong like that? I don't even know.

you can only make such statement if you don't know anything about the game mechanics and just watched gameplay on youtube
this is pso-w so i'm not surprised

Emp
Jul 27, 2013, 01:23 PM
if you get hit by that thing, im afraid chess is more fit for you :rolleyes:

you can only make such statement if you don't know anything about the game mechanics and just watched gameplay on youtube
this is pso-w so i'm not surprised

Ok you want a better example? When Im fighting falz body, i can mirage away when he thrusts his arms across the map and take no dmg. :p

Bellion
Jul 27, 2013, 01:24 PM
^You can do that with Step as well if you time it right.

~Aya~
Jul 27, 2013, 01:25 PM
HU can dodge and attack in rapid succession. Never getting hit nor losing speed.

Emp
Jul 27, 2013, 01:26 PM
^You can do that with Step as well if you time it right.

Fo barely needs to time their mirage escapes tho.

jooozek
Jul 27, 2013, 01:26 PM
Ok you want a better example? When Im fighting falz body, i can mirage away when he thrusts his arms across the map and take no dmg. :p

i just press shift with katana/partisan/wired lances/sword
who needs to step out of those?

Shiyo
Jul 27, 2013, 01:27 PM
Fo barely needs to time their mirage escapes tho.
Yes, this is why it's the best dodge. It lasts forever and requires very little timing, I basically can't get hit by anything on force unless I really really REALLY mess up.

Emp
Jul 27, 2013, 01:30 PM
i just press shift with katana/partisan/wired lances/sword
who needs to step out of those?

Ok come out of ur little just guard bs and realize the facts here. Ty

UnLucky
Jul 27, 2013, 01:30 PM
Mirage is the easiest to dodge a single attack
Dive is the hardest

Step is the easiest to dodge successive attacks
Dive is the hardest

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2013, 01:31 PM
braver's pretty good at close and medium range, with no major weakness besides not being the best at something another class is the best at, and has been pretty much the easiest and smoothest class to solo with in my experience so far. Put a point (or five) into JR Cover, don't specialize too hard one way or the other with weapons, and enjoy your competent capabilities in most areas. It's definitely the best generalist class.

in before why I'm wrong and should kill myself

Shiyo
Jul 27, 2013, 01:34 PM
braver's pretty good at close and medium range, with no major weakness besides not being the best at something another class is the best at, and has been pretty much the easiest and smoothest class to solo with in my experience so far. Put a point (or five) into JR Cover, don't specialize too hard one way or the other with weapons, and enjoy your competent capabilities in most areas. It's definitely the best generalist class.

in before why I'm wrong and should kill myself

Have you played force? Braver is amazing though, I think JRrecover + iron will + automate halfine would make you a beast solo, you'd have to fuck up really really really bad to die as that build.

Cyclon
Jul 27, 2013, 01:36 PM
One could say Force dodge is the best if you're good enough, since if you cancel properly it's even shorter than step.
And having massive invul. frames can be useful here and there.

For mostly anyone though step is superior because it's easy to use, its duration is pretty much perfect, and it has an acceptable amount of inv frames. Also step attack and triple stepping.

But please. Do keep going for 3 to 4 pages.

UnLucky
Jul 27, 2013, 01:38 PM
Braver can't cancel any of their PAs with a block or dodge, but Hunter can on a lot of theirs. Plus there is the gunslash for ranged attacks. And Hunter has more HP.

Force has low HP and no block. They do have free heals, but that's slower than using an item and costs PP to use. Don't try to tell me Deband (without Deband Cut) is a good defensive ability.

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2013, 01:41 PM
>automate
>don't lag
>buy more monomates
>all ya'll mad

Agastya
Jul 27, 2013, 01:42 PM
i main fo and sometimes wish i had step+advance for a lot of situations, ra dodge roll is the worst anyway

back on topic basically anything can solo except for stuff like ranger/techer, fo with hp investment has it the easiest since you have unlimited healing (hp investment is for when you have human error and get hit) followed by probably gu/hu after justflip bonus was added

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2013, 01:52 PM
Have you played force? Braver is amazing though, I think JRrecover + iron will + automate halfine would make you a beast solo, you'd have to fuck up really really really bad to die as that build.

Yes, in significant amounts, but as unlucky said it has minimal defensive abilities.

For an ordinary, run of the mill generalist build, I feel br/hu is pretty much the best or easiest you can get right now. Good offense, good defense, good at range, good up close, not overly weak in any particular way. The defense isn't that great, but def requirements were reduced a while ago anyway.

ARChan
Automate Deadline/Halfline + Iron Will. This would be the best combo for survivability, though it sacrifices offense greatly.

Emp
i main fo and sometimes wish i had step+advance for a lot of situations, ra dodge roll is the worst anyway

back on topic basically anything can solo except for stuff like ranger/techer, fo with hp investment has it the easiest since you have unlimited healing (hp investment is for when you have human error and get hit) followed by probably gu/hu after justflip bonus was added

In all honesty. Mirage escape is very situational but in terms of not taking dmg at all, it is better. In terms of reation time, step is better cause u can just step out and then continue whereas fo has to wait to phase back in and then wait for the charge time to finish.

My only concern is that u can still take dmg as hu. You still hv to take into consideration the range of the enemys attack as hu(or fi?). As fo, the enemys attack animation has prolly ended before you phase back in.

Shiyo
Jul 27, 2013, 01:57 PM
I don't understand the force has minimal defensive abilities argument, the dodge makes it so you never get hit. It's also ranged, so you're far away from most mob attacks, and when they do attack you, you easily dodge them. I have the easiest time on force compared to melee because I can kite and dodge anything I can't kite.

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2013, 02:00 PM
When solo you will be hit and flinched. This is just a given.

Emp
Jul 27, 2013, 02:07 PM
it's most likely because you are a bad/mediocre force that doesn't utilise any tools at your hands and just nukes stuff with rafoie/zonde from a mile

Iirc, thats what fos do. They nuke stuff before hu can get in there for the leftovers.

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2013, 02:08 PM
And ranger only applies weak bullet.

jooozek
Jul 27, 2013, 02:08 PM
good hus are on spawns before forces can charge up their techs

~Aya~
Jul 27, 2013, 02:12 PM
Iirc, thats what fos do. They nuke stuff before hu can get in there for the leftovers.

LOL... you must play with the worst HU's on server.

UnLucky
Jul 27, 2013, 02:14 PM
Mirage has a bit of a lag time after it where you're vulnerable. The dodge is actually so long that an enemy can start an attack during the Mirage and hit you before you can dodge again.

With Step it's just boom, you're out of the way and can immediately attack or block or Step.

That's why I said Mirage Escape is the best for a single attack. You're out of the fight so long you can ignore any one thing coming your way. But if you spam your dodge in a panic, you're spending a lot of time not actively dealing with the enemies, which makes it harder to solo.

Chdata
Jul 27, 2013, 02:58 PM
You don't even need the dodge rolls from any class against anything if you play right.

Those are just crutches.

~Aya~
Jul 27, 2013, 03:10 PM
You don't even need the dodge rolls from any class against anything if you play right.

Those are just crutches.

Sounds like a joke to me.

You can't stay on the offensive unless you use specific PA's for invulerability frames and then swap back to dps pa.

This is assuming you mean any type of "dodge".

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2013, 03:12 PM
itt:
"this is good for defense because of invuln"
"if you're good you don't need so much invuln"
"if you're good you don't need invuln at all"

aka
"this is good for you OP"
"my dick is bigger than yours"
"no mine is"

The guy asked for a good solo class, and invuln is a nice fallback for when things get crazy. Which, if you're solo, means they get crazy all over your face.

~Aya~
Jul 27, 2013, 03:23 PM
itt:
"this is good for defense because of invuln"
"if you're good you don't need so much invuln"
"if you're good you don't need invuln at all"

aka
"this is good for you OP"
"my dick is bigger than yours"
"no mine is"

The guy asked for a good solo class, and invuln is a nice fallback for when things get crazy. Which, if you're solo, means they get crazy all over your face.

Pffft~ Fo is best cause mirage dash thing. Insta gratification!!

You can also cast powerful spells... .... from a distance!!

Narrillnezzurh
Jul 27, 2013, 03:46 PM
invuln is a nice fallback for when things get crazy. Which, if you're solo, means they get crazy all over your face.

Things won't get uncrazy if you just sit there spamming your invulnerability frames, they get uncrazy by putting distance between you and the craziness. And for that purpose step wins by a landslide.

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2013, 04:04 PM
Gee, it never occurred to me to attack after evading something.

Man what would I do without the brilliant minds on PSOW?

Narrillnezzurh
Jul 27, 2013, 04:08 PM
When you say "get crazy," I assume you mean a literal dogpile of mobs preventing you from attacking. Especially as a force who, in addition to having a long recovery period after every dodge, has to charge techs. A single mob or boss throwing a single attack at you is not "crazy."

Zenobia
Jul 27, 2013, 04:17 PM
You us dodge regardless of any class just because FO has mirage dash doesn't mean you won't always get hit.

If anything HU has the best defense int he game why cause JG able to keep there dps going with it, with little to no dodging While in FO's case if they do solo and boss ant to go after them aka Vol charging at you or body slamming, Bnather dashing across the screen etc, the time spent doing that mirage dance means they aren't keeping there dps going.

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2013, 04:31 PM
When you say "get crazy," I assume you mean a literal dogpile of mobs preventing you from attacking. Especially as a force who, in addition to having a long recovery period after every dodge, has to charge techs. A single mob or boss throwing a single attack at you is not "crazy."

I do mean a literal dogpile of mobs, plus a boss or two. But, as far as I'm aware, they do not emit a permadamage forcefield, so a dodge + attack is usually possible.

Unless we're still talking in 100% theorycraft in which case hahahahahaha.

Narrillnezzurh
Jul 27, 2013, 04:37 PM
I do mean a literal dogpile of mobs, plus a boss or two. But, as far as I'm aware, they do not emit a permadamage forcefield, so a dodge + attack is usually possible.

Unless we're still talking in 100% theorycraft in which case hahahahahaha.

If a dodge+attack is possible as a force, I'd consider the situation to be pretty manageable. We're talking past each other at this point.

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2013, 04:42 PM
I'm talking about actual gameplay so I dunno what you're talking about :-?

Zenobia
Jul 27, 2013, 04:50 PM
I use JG what is a mirage step?

SakoHaruo
Jul 27, 2013, 05:20 PM
theorycraft

You see this ^ yall need to do less of this and use actual RAW data/footage.

If you think ??? is faster/better/best then prove it or shut the fuck up. I don't get it, we all play the same game... no, I'm not even sure if you guys play PSO2 or not. seems like you all spend more time TRYING to talk about the game than playing it. There is nothing wrong with having a good convo, but gahhh dayum :-?

here's a example

P1: my ?? is best

P2: you're wrong

P1: prove it then bitch!

P2: *proves it with data/footage*

P1: ?????

P2: PROFIT

like, how hard was that?

This is PSO2

P2: you're wrong. my ?? is better than yours :)

P1: well my ?? has this, this, and this

P2: mine does it better

P1: you're wrong dude, STAY FREE

P2: fuck you!

P1: no, fuck you!

lulz :-?

~Aya~
Jul 27, 2013, 05:28 PM
You see this ^ yall need to do less of this and use actual RAW data/footage.

If you think ??? is faster/better/best then prove it or shut the fuck up. I don't get it, we all play the same game... no, I'm not even sure if you guys play PSO2 or not. seems like you all spend more time TRYING to talk about the game than playing it. There is nothing wrong with having a good convo, but gahhh dayum :-?

here's a example

P2: you're wrong

P1: prove it then bitch!

P2: *proves it with data/footage*

P1: ?????

P2: PROFIT

like, how hard was that?

This is PSO2

P2: you're wrong. my ?? is better than yours :)

P1: well my ?? has this, this, and this

P2: mine does it better

P1: you're wrong dude, STAY FREE

P2: fuck you!

P1: no, fuck you!

lulz :-?

Forums has plenty of footage/videos/links to videos displaying everything that is being talked about here. The problem is when that we are using forums to discuss anything at all?

Narrillnezzurh
Jul 27, 2013, 05:31 PM
I'm talking about actual gameplay so I dunno what you're talking about :-?

In this context that expression means we have different definitions of "crazy."

I use JG what is a mirage step?

This started as a discussion about mirage.

Forums has plenty of footage/videos/links to videos displaying everything that is being talked about here. The problem is when that we are using forums to discuss anything at all?

All people have to do is link the alleged video evidence and the conversation would be done. Should be easy, right?

blace
Jul 27, 2013, 05:32 PM
The problem is mostly numbers being thrown all over the place, with a few screenshots showing those numbers.

Numbers are the problem.

~Aya~
Jul 27, 2013, 05:35 PM
Just come find me if you want to know how to solo~ The End~ ^,^

UnLucky
Jul 27, 2013, 05:36 PM
i'd be the same but you know what, it's ridiculous like hell that there is not a single thread that doesn't turn into a mess like this one is
i might be an asshole but what happens nowadays on those forums is just
people just need to stop being wrong and dumb:oops:

All people have to do is link the alleged video evidence and the conversation would be done. Should be easy, right?
Well what should there be a video of? Someone using Mirage to dodge an attack? Prove that Just Guard can be used? A bunch of videos showing every class has no problem with any part of the game?

Anyone can just say that the person in the video either needs to l2p or that they have no life and not everyone can do what they do.

Narrillnezzurh
Jul 27, 2013, 05:39 PM
Well what should there be a video of? Someone using Mirage to dodge an attack? Prove that Just Guard can be used? A bunch of videos showing every class has no problem with any part of the game?

Anyone can just say that the person in the video either needs to l2p or that they have no life and not everyone can do what they do.

I was being sarcastic, but for many of these conversations a video of the player testing whatever they're talking about in a controlled environment would be enough to get things back on the right track.

Zenobia
Jul 27, 2013, 06:24 PM
This started as a discussion about mirage.

And went on and JG was mentioned so your point? I wasn't the first to mention it either.

Arrow
Jul 27, 2013, 07:49 PM
for the OP

All of the classes are good for soloing, just depends on play style and what you want.

Hunter and Fighter: Adrenaline rush where every move counts.
Force and Techer: Nuke all from a distance where survival is really casual.
Ranger: pick em off from a distance without having to worry about surviving too much.
Gunner: mid-range ranger that brings ranged combat to the fray.
Braver: Adrenaline rush melee with the ability to switch to bit more casual range.

For the discussion on dodges

Step
-Pro: Quick and forgiving when pinned down by a barrage as you can continuously step out of a bad situation. Also step attack and snatch make it into an offensive move with invincible benefits.

-Con: limited range and duration makes timing crucial, thus not meant for the casual.

Dive Roll
-Pro: It's a dodge move.

-Con: It's got the range of step and the delay of mirage.

Mirage Escape
-Pro: Massive invincible frames and duration and length which makes it able to be used at any time to dodge most attacks.

-Con: Massive delay at the end which sometimes make it where if you time it wrong, your screwed.

-Pro: There is a cancel effect if the terrain is uneven, [edit] if you quickly mirage after jumping, or a combination thereof as long as you hit the ground before it ends (as it does fall), and thus can make it somewhat as quick as step.

Gunner's Weapon Action
-Pro: invincibility frames and able to attack during them.

-Con: It's like any other dodge, if ya time it wrong your screwed.

Cyclon
Jul 27, 2013, 08:09 PM
-Pro: There is a cancel effect if the terrain is uneven and thus can make it somewhat as quick as step.Just tested it again to make sure and, well, no, it doesn't require uneven terrain. The only thing uneven terrain can do is make this cancel either faster or impossible.

Arrow
Jul 27, 2013, 08:18 PM
Just tested it again to make sure and, well, no, it doesn't require uneven terrain. The only thing uneven terrain can do is make this cancel either faster or impossible.

Ah... it doesn't require uneven terrain.
Thanks for pointing that out.
But the main point remains that the cancel does exist.

Gardios
Jul 27, 2013, 08:22 PM
Mirage Escape cancels if you hit the ground before the animation ends. It doesn't require uneven terrain, but the terrain makes it easier to utilize if you take note of it (and conversely, harder if you don't). On even terrain you can just jump before Mirage Escaping.

Just to clear that up.

Alisha
Jul 27, 2013, 11:16 PM
from my personal experience best solo setup is Te/Hu.

Metalsnake27
Jul 27, 2013, 11:24 PM
I'm honestly loving Braver as a solo class also. They feel much more fluid and easier to handle than Hunters from my experience....

So versatile and able to fit pretty much any situation. Plus, JR Cover can be useful in a pinch, especially for newer people (like myself) who don't know all the boss movements yet lol

Shiyo
Jul 28, 2013, 12:28 AM
This is why force is amazing solo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjPAq7Jr7sk] Never in any danger, doing insane damage while staying far away from enemies or CCing them so they can't even get to you while 1-2 shotting them and bosses.

jooozek
Jul 28, 2013, 02:07 AM
it's a time attack, it's all about shaving off time: of course he doesn't get close to the enemies frequently, in this case he'd wasting time to come up to small groups of enemies if he can just oneshot them and move on right after case - the spawns are fixed and the base enemies never are randomly infected in them which occurs frequently in the pso2 endgame (sup AQs), not to mention you need top gear to come close to what Shadowth117 was doing in this vid (he is using there the 11* extreme quests stoneshop rod, 恋凤凰) and have multiple skill trees to be as efficient everywhere, and if you are running anything other than lightning and wind trees you will run frequently into PP issues which in the end brings you to being all the time close to enemies anyway because you want to be close to them anyway, otherwise you won't be able to use your AoE as efficiently (there is talises but they have way less T-ATK than rods)
a hunter to solo needs just the allclass lambda weapons, attribute grind in case of not enough damage or go for the AQ stones stuff which is cheap like hell nowadays

o0Kais0o
Jul 28, 2013, 06:00 AM
Br/Hu has some great survival options going for it, although even just grabbing iron will kind of gimps your damage. The long range classes are no brainers. Its hard to die when your a decent distance from an enemies attack. Gunner being more mid range makes for a more entertaining fight imo, flipping between enemies attacks is fun, but timing is important.

On the subject of dodges I hadn't realized that the clunky (that's just my opinion don't cry over it) Force dodge could be cancelled, that makes my life easier. I'm bored and making a Br/Te build, with focus on smacking stuff around and that dodge is awkward.