PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm new.

KiritoSAO
Jul 27, 2013, 09:30 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to pso2, well this time around. I played awhile ago and I guess I chose the wrong ship and couldn't find and english speaking block. I'm at work currently awaiting my download at home to finish and can't wait to get home and start playing. But I'm not sure which ship, or block I should be searching for. I've read ship 2, block 20. I've also read that's its become overrun and people have been switching to ship 10. I'm not sure which to follow because the time stamps on all of the posts varies so much. So I'm just wondering if anyone could help me with current knowledge on where I should start. And I also enjoy playing in parties and when I get sucked into a game. It's what I do best. So If I could have advice on where to start, what I should do, and if anyone wants to be my mentor through this game I would be extremely grateful. I've noticed a lot of friendly players and posts everywhere and I'm looking forward to playing and meeting all of you. :D

Mekhana
Jul 27, 2013, 09:35 PM
There are over 1000 Kiritos on ship2.

Please pick a different name when you make your character.

KiritoSAO
Jul 27, 2013, 09:38 PM
My name in game is never Kirito, why people hate on the forum name so much

HIT0SHI
Jul 27, 2013, 09:45 PM
Ship 2 Block 20 is where usually Eng. players are in, however you would most likely hear that in said location has more "trolls" or rude players there. But really, it is quite a fun place to be in and to meet any potential friends there!

I've heard that Ship 10 have some players there also, but I'm not sure how many players are on that ship...

NeverDT
Jul 27, 2013, 09:49 PM
...getting back on topic...

There's no reason not to play on ship2 first of all, it has the biggest english community so if finding people to play with that you can understand is your top priority, you should at least start there.

b20 can be mucky (people who refuse to learn, people who just idle in lobby all day) but then again people and teams who rip on b20 are often guilty of the same things. It'll probably be difficult to find people to play with at the early stages outside of joining a team (not that you NEED to have people to play with early on) whether you play on b20 or not, but that's that.

You can find teams here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

KiritoSAO
Jul 27, 2013, 09:52 PM
What's exactly the concept of a team? Is it an in game thing or a player community thing? Care to elaborate please?

FerrickX
Jul 27, 2013, 09:53 PM
What's exactly the concept of a team? Is it an in game thing or a player community thing? Care to elaborate please?

its like a guild of sorts

NeverDT
Jul 27, 2013, 09:54 PM
teams are basically analogous to guilds or clans in other games

they have team chat which is (usually) helpful for getting questions answered or finding people to play with

there's other stuff than that, but the main use of a team early on is to make lots of connections that will actually help you advance in the game

Evangelion X.XX
Jul 27, 2013, 10:10 PM
There are many Kirito's and Asuna's on ship 7 as well.... probably tons of them everywhere in pso2... to the point of nausea... but nevermind I'm sure your a nice dude.

KiritoSAO
Jul 27, 2013, 10:18 PM
Ya I figured there would be many characters named that, I was just at a loss for a name so it was the first thing that poped into my head. My other names are always taken.

Shirokami
Jul 27, 2013, 10:19 PM
Ya I figured there would be many characters named that, I was just at a loss for a name so it was the first thing that poped into my head. My other names are always taken.

No need to worry about names being taken.
You can pick whatever name you want in PSO2, even put spaces between the words.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 27, 2013, 10:33 PM
I would rather take a million Kiritos than 1 person who judges new people because of a name. You're free to your own opinions, but forcing them down people's throats and telling them to go away is the exact opposite point of everything I've done.

Contact me in-game Kirito - My ID is TheCrimsonDevil. I'll show you the ropes. I apologize for the way certain members jumped on you like that.

*la starry-eyed* +^_^+

i got similar treatments when i 1st came to these forums about my emotes+^_^+ then there were a few awesome people like AIDA here who were more then willing to help out+^_^+ feel free to add me on PSO2 as well, just click on the picture in my siggy to get my ID and stuff+^_^+

Mekhana
Jul 27, 2013, 10:36 PM
Basically its a guild. There's some in game features like a tree, team room and other stuff but you'll learn that later.

FerrickX
Jul 27, 2013, 10:55 PM

you don't have to mind on what people think about forum and in-game names, its just an collection of 1s and 0s anyways

and yes, there are lots of kiritoes in game... me included.... (in my defense, i've used this name since OB) so be prepared to see many of them in many ships (not only in ship 2)

KazukiQZ
Jul 27, 2013, 10:57 PM
Welcome to PSO2, enjoy your stay, mo hitori no Kirito :3

BTW does PSO2 have the name rights function? Like if Player A name his character Naruto, then Player B can;t use the word Naruto anymore unless by adding extra letters/words (as example, Uzumaki Naruto)?

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2013, 11:00 PM
There are 3 names
1. Character name - This is what everyone sees over your head all the time, what NPCs call you, and what is above your own HP bar. Everyone in the entire game can have the exact same character name.
2. Player name - This shows up on friends lists and in whispers regardless of your character. This is the one that needs to be unique.
3. Account name - You use this to sign in and is not shown to anyone else, and it also needs to be unique of course.

FerrickX
Jul 27, 2013, 11:00 PM
Welcome to PSO2, enjoy your stay, mo hitori no Kirito :3

BTW does PSO2 have the name rights function? Like if Player A name his character Naruto, then Player B can;t use the word Naruto anymore unless by adding extra letters/words (as example, Uzumaki Naruto)?

nope it doesn't, the only thing that has name rights function on is the player name, so the character name may be the same, but the player name is different

Laga
Jul 27, 2013, 11:13 PM
I haven't seen any Kiritos or Asunas on my ship... but then again I haven't seen any Naruhoes, Saucegays or Gokus.... only big anime/videogame/big name I've seen is Hatsune Miku... maybe I should start looking for these oddballs

KiritoSAO
Jul 27, 2013, 11:14 PM
Thank you AIDA and everyone else who is supporting/helping me. The first reply on the thread gave me doubts on the politeness of this site but now I have been reassured there are nice people on here. Once everything is set up I intend to add everyone as soon as I get into the game. ^-^

Shirokami
Jul 27, 2013, 11:20 PM
Thank you AIDA and everyone else who is supporting/helping me. The first reply on the thread gave me doubts on the politeness of this site but now I have been reassured there are nice people on here. Once everything is set up I intend to add everyone as soon as I get into the game. ^-^

No worries, I'm just a dick who voices his opinion even when I know I'll be getting a negative reputation for that.
I'll help you too if you need anything, although I'll be pretty pissed if you're named Kirito, but I already said what I had to say so I won't be being a dick to you anymore.

KiritoSAO
Jul 27, 2013, 11:59 PM
No worries man, no hard feelings. But I might have to make my player name Kirito based just to stick it to you ;)

KiritoSAO
Jul 28, 2013, 12:10 AM
Does anyone have any threads they could recommended so I can read up and learn a thing or two before I start?

FerrickX
Jul 28, 2013, 12:13 AM
i recommend you to go here http://bumped.org/psublog/ and check the guide section

Shirokami
Jul 28, 2013, 12:13 AM
No worries man, no hard feelings. But I might have to make my player name Kirito based just to stick it to you ;)

Hahaha, alright, that would be kind of annoying in a good way.

Does anyone have any threads they could recommended so I can read up and learn a thing or two before I start?

Basically, this: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

Skyly HUmar
Jul 28, 2013, 10:07 AM

Welcome to psow bud, youll run into alot of trolling, mud slinging, and many other forms of crude communication, but take it with a grain of salt, its never serious around here.

Zipzo
Jul 28, 2013, 10:18 AM
*la starry-eyed* +^_^+

i got similar treatments when i 1st came to these forums about my emotes+^_^+ then there were a few awesome people like AIDA here who were more then willing to help out+^_^+ feel free to add me on PSO2 as well, just click on the picture in my siggy to get my ID and stuff+^_^+

Well I think people just stopped bothering to mention them because it seems pointless to bother pointing out that your period key has been replaced with a "+^_^+" key, and it seems you just love doing it so much, but I think given the chance to be honest most people would probably still say the emotes make you seem almost kind of pedantic in your need to have them after every other word. I'm just saying how it looks, especially since you're not a girl and it's arguably pretty feminine. I have nothing against you, or the emotes for that matter but I think it's understandable how some might find it annoying.

drixil
Jul 28, 2013, 10:21 AM
*la starry-eyed* +^_^+

Your emotes are cute, keep doing them.

Anyway, I'm on and off various blocks of ship 2 so if I see you around I'll say hey! I'm not as far or leveled as these other people but I'm sure I can be of some assistance somehow.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 28, 2013, 10:33 AM
I like it the emotes too ^_^ It is to give a feel to the post, but careful, volume does not mean cuter, and ^__^ is just a fatter smiley, not a cuter or happier one.

Shirokami
Jul 28, 2013, 10:37 AM
*la starry-eyed* +^_^+

I don't really like emote spam that much but it wouldn't be the same to see one of your posts without those.

Hyetos
Jul 28, 2013, 11:36 AM
Hmm, been steadily building the courage to make an account here and look for a team anyway. Might as well be now, so that I can use my first post to say:

You guys are pretty awesome for being so mature. It's just really nice to see, and it made me feel encouraged enough to go ahead and take the leap to join the forums, despite the fact that I'm neurotically shy. I know it sounds weird and kinda arrogant for a newcomer to jump in and just like...hand everyone an A+, but honestly, if people can use anonymity to be negative a-holes, then I can use it to say embarrassing things and praise people.

Also, this thread confirmed what I'd been suspecting for a while- AIDA is da bes. Possibly even da very bes. Further investigation is needed.

Edit- Oh yeah, and almost forgot to say- TC, it's awesome how you didn't get sucked in and mostly brushed off the trollage. If I see you around Ship 2 I'm willing to help you out too. But, well, I think you've already got plenty of people bigger and better than I who've got your back now.

gigawuts
Jul 28, 2013, 11:37 AM
I found the +^_^+ annoying at first, then off-putting, but now I find it endearing. Chik'Tikka's like an accidental tsuntsun.

Shirokami
Jul 28, 2013, 11:42 AM
Hmm, been steadily building the courage to make an account here and look for a team anyway. Might as well be now, so that I can use my first post to say:

You guys are pretty awesome for being so mature. It's just really nice to see, and it made me feel encouraged enough to go ahead and take the leap to join the forums, despite the fact that I'm neurotically shy. I know it sounds weird and kinda arrogant for a newcomer to jump in and just like...hand everyone an A+, but honestly, if people can use anonymity to be negative a-holes, then I can use it to say embarrassing things and praise people.

Also, this thread confirmed what I'd been suspecting for a while- AIDA is da bes. Possibly even da very bes. Further investigation is needed.

Edit- Oh yeah, and almost forgot to say- TC, it's awesome how you didn't get sucked in and mostly brushed off the trollage. If I see you around Ship 2 I'm willing to help you out too. But, well, I think you've already got plenty of people bigger and better than I who've got your back now.

I'll hold you tight and never let you go.
Just kidding, but add me, the name is Shirokami, character name is Misael.

yoshiblue
Jul 28, 2013, 11:52 AM
Welcome man dood Kirito and Hyetos!
We hope you experience a more enjoyable stay in PSOW!
May you learn a thing or two and maybe even find a friend!

Got a quick question? Come for quick answers in the Quick Answers for Quick Questions Thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866)! No question is a dumb question!

Need to find a group or people to do runs with? Look no further in the PSOW teams thread!PSOW Teams (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201629) May you find a group soon and never work alone!

Ship 2 is the best place to be, those who can't fit into Block 20 tend to roam. May you bump into them sometime.

~Yoshiblue of FEZ's one man welcoming committee~

KiritoSAO
Jul 28, 2013, 01:13 PM
I don't really like emote spam that much but it wouldn't be the same to see one of your posts without those.

I totally agree with this, keep it up ^-^

KiritoSAO
Jul 28, 2013, 01:37 PM

I'm glad this post gave you the courage to sign up for the forums, the more the merrier ^-^, this is also implied for in game too, even if no one wants to say "party up" doesn't mean we cant be friends and chat in the game.^^

KazukiQZ
Jul 28, 2013, 01:59 PM
@Hyetos
Welcome to PSO2, I hope you enjoy playing it the same way I enjoy it too.

studjuice
Jul 28, 2013, 07:06 PM
Ive only been playing for about a week, I'm lv 30. Feel free to add me, I'll be on randomly and I love helping out. I didn't get much help when I was playing and it wasn't fun so I don't want you to have to go through that.

KiritoSAO
Jul 28, 2013, 07:12 PM
Basically its a guild. There's some in game features like a tree, team room and other stuff but you'll learn that later.

I was looking through the teams and I came across a team I liked, and then when I checked the team leader I was like oh shit, that's the guy that was helping me out on my post. Would it be ok for me to join your team, active nice players that take end game runs seriously is my cup of tea. I just have to get there first :p

Zipzo
Jul 28, 2013, 07:12 PM
I found the +^_^+ annoying at first, then off-putting, but now I find it endearing. Chik'Tikka's like an accidental tsuntsun.

You'll have to teach me your tolerant ways.

I can't imagine a man behind the monitor continuously making these emotes in a way that doesn't at least come off as slightly annoying.

Asuni
Jul 28, 2013, 11:05 PM
I play on ship 10 and there's english people on here too.

KiritoSAO
Jul 29, 2013, 09:59 PM
I'm not sure how I am going to remember anybody but I've finally gotten everything set up and my characters name is arkaino, please post your player name on here or add me In game so I can add you. I'll be on all the time now. What's up with the new class with the now. Anyone care to explain?

tenao
Aug 25, 2013, 03:15 PM
I need help looking for a good team to join I am on Ship 01 =_= bad mistake for chosing that ship i know so if anyone knows or would like to add me in there ship let me know and plz and thank you