PDA

View Full Version : Ever ACTUALLY get an 'elite' 7* drop?

Bobby Drama
Jul 28, 2013, 10:42 PM
By elite I mean one of the sought-after rares...Psycho Wand, one of the In swords (even the lower level 'sealed' versions). Were you shocked to get it, were you online or off, or had you been farming it hardcore?

It amazes me how rare some of this stuff is. I get the boosted versions of rare mobs in Dark Shrine, and they drop crap. The last thing I looted that blew my mind was a decent Kouga Shuriken, just as I was thinking to myself 'I've killed about enough of these little frog dudes to get a good drop'. I couldn't believe it actually dropped, and that was about a year ago. Got a 4 Slot Rika's Suit awhile back, and a 3 Slot Spirit Garb (it DOES come in 4 Slots, doesn't it)? I pretty muh run Dark Shrine maybe 4-5 times a week, and settle in for a SH Tower run once every other month (only getting the odd rare Mag soul every so often, a few Units here and there, never a decent weapon).

:-?

Edit: I'm forgetting the few good things...the Missouri H44 with Flame Hit, I forget the %'s (DS not near me at the moment) actually got two of those, the second one nowhere near as good as the one I main. But I'm still wearing a Pizza Box, for the love of god.

IsaacUK
Jul 28, 2013, 11:00 PM
When im hunting for that kind of stuff i usually play online solo since the game gives you an extra % with the drop rates like that
but in my opinion it doesnt make much difference... its still a pain to get decent weapons (and i farm for it the hardcore way)

i remember hunting for an akatsuki in on my old PSZ Humar.... took me at least 2 weeks of hardcore farming lol

Bobby Drama
Jul 28, 2013, 11:09 PM
But jeez, congrats on GETTING it! I'm playing offline--for some reason the DS won't connect with my wifi but nevermind that, I think I know what's wrong--but I do plan to play online this week. The only 'elites' I consider myself having are the Shuriken and the Missouri. Everytime I encounter Gun Mother or whatever her name is, I get a little hopeful...lets me down every time. Same with Heaven's Mother. It's getting to the point that I'm ready to put the game away and move on--but you know how these games are, it could be that very next kill.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Lavis Kannon drop now that I've complained. I would laugh if that happened (not that I really expect it to, this IS PSO).

IsaacUK
Jul 28, 2013, 11:18 PM
xD ty (?) (even tho i lost that character)

Well... idk i find the eternal rlly boring as for farming rare stuff (except for the psycho Wand of course) i always get better stuff from SH dungeon runs
As for the missouri.... have you tried looking for usanny´s nests instead of hunting gun mothers? theres probably a bigger chance of getting that weapon there

Btw, im hunting for a shuriken too... no luck yet xD

Rekku
Jul 28, 2013, 11:18 PM
I got... a Foie Haze about a couple weeks ago (hunted)

2 Iros and an awesome Morgenlote from one Blade Mother
Radam Soul
PA Save 3 and Rappy Soul and Tech Save 3 from one wave of Rappies

Satisfactory Eclipse Star a couple days ago (hunted) (very happy about this) (Force Ride thank goodness) (I still need a Lavis Kanon omfg)

Nothing top-tier though, I mean I'm good in the DPS department and my Force saves PP everywhere but I too still have Pizza Boxes for all three of my characters smh

IsaacUK
Jul 28, 2013, 11:23 PM
I got... a Foie Haze about a couple weeks ago (hunted)

2 Iros and an awesome Morgenlote from one Blade Mother
Radam Soul
PA Save 3 and Rappy Soul and Tech Save 3 from one wave of Rappies

Satisfactory Eclipse Star a couple days ago (hunted) (very happy about this) (Force Ride thank goodness) (I still need a Lavis Kanon omfg)

Nothing top-tier though, I mean I'm good in the DPS department and my Force saves PP everywhere but I too still have Pizza Boxes for all three of my characters smh

yeah of course i also get "rare" weapons sometimes xD
but its like the name never drops the weapon im rlly looking for :/
i also have gotten Element/tech lvl Boost, White sabers, Femini/radam souls
and a cool scarred tatami recently ^^

Unit 01 AT
Jul 29, 2013, 02:51 AM
Recently I found a decent saber with level 3 element and 60% native, and one with 52% beast and level 5 element. Usually anytime I get rare weapons to drop it has crap % or no PA; when a good armor drops it has 0-3 slots.

Chaos Rappy
Jul 29, 2013, 09:00 AM
*has gotten pretty much every uber rare item in this game*

:rappy::cake::rappy:

Recently I found a decent saber with level 3 element and 60% native, and one with 52% beast and level 5 element. Usually anytime I get rare weapons to drop it has crap % or no PA; when a good armor drops it has 0-3 slots.

Found with 50+%, or after Photon Fortification? It's impossible to find anything over 50% (just as no weapon that has 46-50% in one stat will have 0% in all of its other stats, so the best overall weapon you can find will have 45% in everything, not 50%). ;D

I found lots of weapons with 3 or 4 stats that had 30+% each, like my epic Paru-slayer Morgenlote (gotten while hunting with friends online), and several with powerful elements/stats (like my trifecta of Life Lv5 Zero weapons, the Zero Saber, Zero Rifle, and Zero Cane, all also having decent/best Photon Arts for their weapon types). :P

Unit 01 AT
Jul 29, 2013, 10:41 AM
After fortification ^^;. Still pretty decent weapons. I still have a long way to go.

3 Slot Spirit Garb (it DOES come in 4 Slots, doesn't it)?

I just got a 4 slot Spirit Garb as a quest reward for Mother's Memory in Super.

IsaacUK
Jul 29, 2013, 05:23 PM
*has gotten pretty much every uber rare item in this game*

:rappy::cake::rappy:

Found with 50+%, or after Photon Fortification? It's impossible to find anything over 50% (just as no weapon that has 46-50% in one stat will have 0% in all of its other stats, so the best overall weapon you can find will have 45% in everything, not 50%). ;D

I found lots of weapons with 3 or 4 stats that had 30+% each, like my epic Paru-slayer Morgenlote (gotten while hunting with friends online), and several with powerful elements/stats (like my trifecta of Life Lv5 Zero weapons, the Zero Saber, Zero Rifle, and Zero Cane, all also having decent/best Photon Arts for their weapon types). :P

Yeah but u probably have spent over 1500 hours on this game to get all that stuff right? xD

Bobby Drama
Jul 29, 2013, 07:21 PM
Yeah but u probably have spent over 1500 hours on this game to get all that stuff right? xD

This, plus we're not counting trades, which I've seen you admit in past posts some of your rares are. I'm talking actually LOOTING the items yourself.

Bobby Drama
Jul 29, 2013, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the tip, Unit, just went and got my 4 slot Garb.

RLbitClassica
Aug 3, 2013, 04:36 PM
Yeah, before I joined this forum, I had stumbled upon a Psycho Wand in the eternal tower. As a guy who NEVER uses force characters, I never knew how rare of an item I had until I posted my trade forum here and DoctorShanks almost smothered me to get it. That was a while ago though...

Chaos Rappy
Aug 3, 2013, 06:17 PM
I think I'm gonna do a 10-floor run through the ET just to test my luck... if PSZ wants me back in its ironclad grip, it will give me a 7* rare item as proof of its love for me. If not, then I will simply wait a few more months and try again... like I have been doing for about a year and a half now...

IsaacUK
Aug 3, 2013, 07:17 PM
Yeah, before I joined this forum, I had stumbled upon a Psycho Wand in the eternal tower. As a guy who NEVER uses force characters, I never knew how rare of an item I had until I posted my trade forum here and DoctorShanks almost smothered me to get it. That was a while ago though...

how long it took you to get a psycho wand? O_o

Chaos Rappy
Aug 4, 2013, 06:06 AM
Got a Mehrennenka with over 100% in its stats... with Cyclone Run... and a Heat Lv3 Neidaryl... with no PA... before I got to the boss. This game is trolling me, but... what can I say? It's my kind of trolling... :P

Gonna trek on in this Tower run and see what else I can dig up...

Atbar
Aug 4, 2013, 10:10 AM
It happened in offline, online, and tower for me. RNG is one strange mistress.

RLbitClassica
Aug 4, 2013, 02:46 PM
how long it took you to get a psycho wand? O_o

It was probably my third or fourth tower run. Its the only ultra rare that I've found on my own. Except for my missouri h10.

Bobby Drama
Sep 9, 2013, 09:23 AM
Just got a Celesta Laser with 50 Dark, Chaos lvl 3, Earth Bullet.

My H44 Missouri (had it for awhile now) is 35 Machine, 5 Dark, Ice lvl 3, Flame Hit.

The Kouga Shuriken has no %s, Dark lvel 3, Bright Sign.

Chaos Rappy
Sep 9, 2013, 02:38 PM
I'll let the pictures do the talking. From two weeks ago, running my FOnewearl Esmerelda through Super Tower for mostly lulz. Not a P-Wand, but I'll be damned if I complain.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2717&pictureid=36980
37% Beast w/ Air Ride. ;D

Bobby Drama
Sep 11, 2013, 06:16 PM
Got a third H44 last night...it's only a matter of time before a Yaz drops. The H44 was crap, by the way.

Bobby Drama
Sep 18, 2013, 11:51 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=d573b08c6d&view=att&th=141346c366ca065d&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

Finally got the Yas...43 Dark, even. Dropped off Hard ET Gun Mother.

Edit: My mistake, the Yas is actually 48% Dark, Stun lvl 4, Hollow Snipe. Got a few other drops, nothing insane, but still 20 floors to go...so far the only other really notable drop was Femini Soul.

Further edit: The Hard ET run was good, only because of the Yas (which I'll never use). Ended up with two Femini Souls and a Caster Broom.

Norco
Sep 19, 2013, 12:41 AM
Here are a few 'elite' drops I got lately
Ice-5 Yellow Sun 0/0/46/0/0 Wild Blow
Life-5 Luzparias 0/0/0/37/0 Force Ride

IsaacUK
Sep 20, 2013, 08:28 PM
I'll let the pictures do the talking. From two weeks ago, running my FOnewearl Esmerelda through Super Tower for mostly lulz. Not a P-Wand, but I'll be damned if I complain.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2717&pictureid=36980
37% Beast w/ Air Ride. ;D

what floor lol

PSchiZ
Sep 22, 2013, 07:47 PM
Fuuma Shuriken back in 2010...at least that's the only 'elite' weapon I can remember be getting lol

Chaos Rappy
Sep 23, 2013, 02:22 AM
what floor lol

37, iirc... been some time since then. Had to have been between floors 21 and 39, with that background.

IsaacUK
Sep 23, 2013, 10:11 PM
Fuuma Shuriken back in 2010...at least that's the only 'elite' weapon I can remember be getting lol

yeah yeah, now everybody gets a shuriken except me... fml xD

Norco
Sep 24, 2013, 01:37 PM
I have never got a Shuriken in drop. My Shuriken was a gift from someone who I used to play a lot with in the past :P

IsaacUK
Sep 24, 2013, 06:09 PM
Dang Psycho Wand.... why are you so hard to get? e.e
oh well i guess this can be considered a close enough one xD
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2492&pictureid=37246

Norco
Sep 24, 2013, 11:49 PM
Wow congrats! That is the only out of the three Zero weapons I have not had in drop!
(Please note that I have done at least over 10 full Super ET runs)

Btw, what PA and attributes does it have?

Atbar
Sep 27, 2013, 02:00 PM
The Zero Cane doesn't clamp like a Psycho though. I joked about the Psycho Wand's clamping ability in the past but I find it fun to watch with the very few who have possessed this weapon.

Still, Zero Cane is a nice find. :)

IsaacUK
Sep 27, 2013, 03:37 PM
yeah ik its not even close to a P-Wand but like i said... " Its something " xD

And @Norco its just 25% Native with Funny Dive... fml e.e

Chaos Rappy
Sep 28, 2013, 09:58 AM
Hey, any %'s and HAVING a PA is better than no %'s OR a PA. :P

Of course, I'm not about to toot my own horn when it comes to the Zero weapons... I've gotten some pretty good ones, but I still desire Psycho far more than I wanted them. Although I feel anyone would probably trade a P-Wand for the three Zero's I have in my possession... ;D

HeartBreak301
Sep 28, 2013, 10:23 AM
I dropped two Psycho Wands back when I still actively played Zero. I think they both surprised me the same amount when I got them.

PSchiZ
Oct 5, 2013, 06:19 PM
I dropped two Psycho Wands back when I still actively played Zero. I think they both surprised me the same amount when I got them.

You WHAT?? ....TWO?

i'm done.

IsaacUK
Oct 12, 2013, 12:46 AM

Pictures or it didnt happen xD

RLbitClassica
Oct 22, 2013, 08:02 PM
Idk, about a year ago, I got a Zero Cane and a Psycho Wand in 1 tower run and I do not use ANY force characters. Its like the god of weapon drops had a severe case of passive agression for me.

HeartBreak301
Oct 23, 2013, 12:16 AM
Pictures or it didnt happen xD

I'd be happy to oblige if I had a digital camera or still had both of them to begin with. I didn't even have a FO when I dropped them so I gave one to a friend of mine. The other one is still hopelessly out of reach because I haven't really had a nostalgia rush to pick up Zero again and I think my FO is around 45 or so.

Unit 01 AT
Oct 23, 2013, 11:49 AM
Got a Zero Rifle (and a divine mind :3) in my last tower run. No PA, No Percents, and No element D:.

The Tower is easymode as a force. I might start running it at least once a week from now on until I get a Pwand.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 24, 2013, 05:02 PM
I might have to do that as well, when I can. My FOmarl can blast through Super ET in like 3-4 hours easy, so it wouldn't take long and I'd be likely to get better stuff, but... I've done almost 40 SH ET runs, and no P-Wand to prove for it. It's the one thing I can NEVER seem to get, and that's coming from the guy who hunted and got a legit Liese Garland on Normal after beating like 50 Azherowa-B2's as well, something that has NEVER been on the trade market since I started on account of how rare it is... :/

Bobby Drama
Oct 30, 2013, 09:46 PM
Currently running my level 81 Force through Hard ET (for one of the unsealed In swords, no luck so far)...was just able to finally equip the Al Azif my Ranger looted long ago (and I'd forgotten about). Between it and the Shuriken, she's a badass...can't wait to get her into SH, though.

It just saddens me that she and my Ran are still in Pizza Boxes...can't even equip the 4 slot Rika's armor. Is there no better Force armor? The Pizza Box is great (and I guess can be considered rare), but I assumed there'd be more...looted a few lower level rares not worth mentioning, but Feminis seem to be drawn to me. I always get at least one or two per Tower run, lately.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 31, 2013, 03:49 AM
Noble Cloak is better, but is fairly rare, probably the rarest 7* armor of all, and not without its reasons. Ancient Robe actually isn't that bad of an armor itself, with its full-spread of 20% resistances to every element of damage; that 20% decrease can be a big drop in damage from things like Izhirak lasers' damage, Korse lasers, and all other elemental damage, which as a Force, you shouldn't be taking much else of unless you're playing a battle mage role and upfront in the faces of your enemies taking physical hits. :P

RLbitClassica
Nov 1, 2013, 07:00 AM
Been gettin somewhat lucky with my armor drops recently. In the past 2 weeks, I've found a Milias Frame, Workout Wear and Spirit Garb, all 4 slots, in addition to a 3-slot Mobius Plate.

Chaos Rappy
Nov 1, 2013, 07:48 AM
Too bad Spirit Garb is a quest reward, and you can get it with 4-slots guaranteed from Super Hard Mother's Memory. :/

RLbitClassica
Nov 1, 2013, 11:51 AM
Oh.... Way to burst my bubble!

Lol

Bobby Drama
Nov 14, 2013, 08:21 AM
Finally got my Force into Super...first Tower run with her. Got a Gigas Romulus on floor 26. Hopefully there's more to come...

Norco
Nov 14, 2013, 01:32 PM
Any element or attributes on it?

Bobby Drama
Jan 13, 2014, 06:41 AM
The Gigas Romulus is worthless, and I realized I had another (worthless) one in the bank already.

FINALLY got Twin Psychoguns last night (Machine 26, Soul 3, Spinning Death). I do maybe 4 runs through the Shrine in a week's time, for the past forever....gotta check later to see just how many of those things I killed before it finally dropped.

Still hoping for the In or Fu sword.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 14, 2014, 03:22 AM
Very nice find on the Psychos. Never see those around anymore... ^_^

Eclipse5632
Feb 14, 2014, 08:35 AM
Hm... I'm a bit unclear on which 7* rares are the "elite" or "ultra rare" ones, but I've been blessed with a Kouga Shuriken in the past. Other than that...not much. A no-element Gigas Romulus... 2-slot Rika's Suit... I got a couple of N-Tathlams pretty close to each other, but I don't know how sought-after those are. Most of the super rare weapons I have in my catalog have been borrowed, unfortunately. The ones I'm in possession of are the result of generous trades by people in the community. To give a sense of how long I've been playing, I just passed 50,000 kills not long ago.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 14, 2014, 01:53 PM
Hm... I'm a bit unclear on which 7* rares are the "elite" or "ultra rare" ones, but I've been blessed with a Kouga Shuriken in the past. Other than that...not much. A no-element Gigas Romulus... 2-slot Rika's Suit... I got a couple of N-Tathlams pretty close to each other, but I don't know how sought-after those are. Most of the super rare weapons I have in my catalog have been borrowed, unfortunately. The ones I'm in possession of are the result of generous trades by people in the community. To give a sense of how long I've been playing, I just passed 50,000 kills not long ago.

Specifically, most of the ones I have listed here in my stickied Trade Board Assistance thread, on the PSZ Trading board (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179162):

Tier 5 - Super Rare
(RARES that are either only a handful of / are generally extremely hard to get)

***Ajax
**Akatsuki In
**Al Azif
**Big Hemera
**Big Mobius
**Canon Bleu
**Clair Doubles
**Emeraldfield
**Fuuma Shuriken
**Kouga Shuriken
**Lavis Kanon
***Milias Breaker
**Miyabisen
**Phantasma Gauntlet
**Psycho Wand
**Rage Tonfa
**Rika's Claw
**Starlight
**Twin Psychoguns
**White Disaster
**Yasminkov M109
**Yonohate In

Though sometimes, the ones listed in Tier 4 are pretty "elite" in some cases, which are these:

Tier 4 - Great Non-Rare/Very Rare
(items that may be difficult to find, or have good versatility for use)

Adoralphs
Ainsraiffe
**Akatsuki Fu
Alice Olivia
All Resist Lv5
**Bloody Gimlet
**Blue Saber
**Celesta Laser
**Crescent Cast
**Curse Answerer
Dark Protect
Dark Resist Lv5
**Dioskuroi
Divine/Guard
Divine/HP
Divine/Hit
Divine/Mind
Divine/PP
Divine/Power
Divine/Swift
***Eclipse Star
Eridanus
Foie Haze
Frigiand
**Gale Bringer
Gallatin
Grand Chariot
**Goth Parasol
***H44 Missouri
HP Recovery Lv5
Heat Protect
Heat Resist Lv5
**Heavy Dumbbell
**Heimdal
*Hemera Drill
Ice Protect
Ice Resist Lv5
*Kepler Suit
Kerykeion
Lavateinn
**Liese Garland
Light Protect
Light Resist Lv5
Luzparias
***M&A41
***M25SE Missouri
**Maisen
Mehrennenka
***Milias Sword
***Missouri RX4
**Mobius Plate
Morgenlote
**N-Tathlum
**Noble Cloak
PA Save Lv3
PP Recovery Lv5
**Rika's Suit
***Riverman Missouri
***Schwarz Stihl (with element / variant affinities)
Slow Protect
*Soniti Soul
Stun Protect
Stun Resist Lv5
*Tartaros Cannon
Tech Level Boost
Tech Save Lv3
**Twin Violets
***Vanguard
*White Barrel
*White Drill
**Yasminkov M95
**Yonohate Fu
***Zero Cane
***Zero Rifle
***Zero Saber

Eclipse5632
Feb 14, 2014, 08:35 PM
Hm... Yeah, looks like my previous post was about right, then. I've gotten a number of the Tier 4 rares, but Kouga Shuriken is the only Tier 5 I've come across.

Bobby Drama
Feb 18, 2014, 11:58 PM
I've been playing Diablo 3 on PS3 for the past couple of weeks, and LOVING it. Got some decent drops early on, got VERY lucky in Whimsyshire (kind of sort of D3's Eternal Tower, in that very rare enemies can spawn there and there are exclusive drops and upped chances of rares).

I haven't given up on PS0, though--still TONS of stuff I want. I'll be going back to my two runs a night before sleep.

Bobby Drama
Feb 19, 2014, 12:03 AM
Of Chao's list, I've only gotten the Kouga Shuriken, Starlight, Al Azif, H44 Missouri, and most recently the Twin Psychoguns (among the t5 stuff).

These games are like crack to me--I get a kick out of looting theitems as opposed to trading for them (though I WILL trade, as I find nice gear in games like Diablo3 or formerly Everquest).

PSchiZ
Feb 20, 2014, 05:13 PM
Oh kool

also, why do some weps have 3 asterisks in front of their name, instead of two?

Eclipse5632
Feb 20, 2014, 05:51 PM
Oh kool

also, why do some weps have 3 asterisks in front of their name, instead of two?
Check out the thread he linked (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179162) and look under the Item Value Index.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 21, 2014, 03:25 AM
In particular, these:

Item Value Index
Now, for what most people here will probably be coming to this topic multiple times for, is the Item Value Index, roughly and unbiasedly estimated item worth values by yours truly for the sake of giving the unskilled trading eyes the assistance they need to understand scams or scores. Here, you have every item here listed in alphabetical order in their respective values lists. These lists are, to the best of my ability, listed in as least biased of a way as possible by me, but being human, it’s not like I can’t make mistakes. If you feel an item is not where it belongs, feel free to tell me otherwise, and we can negotiate something out.

List Legend
* = Enemy part weapons and Tower-Only Items (if not “rare”)- For enemy part weapons, their %'s / element / PA have basically no effect on their overall value whatsoever, and to be honest, their original enemy part item is worth more than the weapon itself; in the case of both the Tower-Only Items and some/most enemy parts, they're common items that are sometimes treated as rares due to how they are found.

** = Rare - It is what it is: a rare weapon; element and/or PA comes standard on the weapon, and element cannot be changed on these ones, and they only sell for 10 meseta.

*** = Conditional Rare- Rare weapons that can come with a random element and/or PA when they are picked up, or no element and/or PA, however the element cannot be changed; no conditional rare can have Heaven element, however. They still sell for only 10 meseta, however, which is how you can tell them apart from common weapons. (When listing any conditional rares in your own trade topic(s) and/or posts, do not forget to mention its element, as it is the element it has that makes conditional rares special!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT REALLY LATE: This, of course, means good weapons with more asterisks are worth a lot more, objectively speaking. This is why Celeb Milias Breakers and other such things, like Zero weapons, were so sought after... *tightly grasps his Life Lv5 Zero weapon set*

HeartBreak301
Mar 21, 2014, 03:41 PM
Just dropped a third Psycho Wand last night. Made me think of this thread.