PDA

View Full Version : Help with support techs

TwistedRTist
Apr 7, 2003, 08:48 PM
Ive gotta few tech ?'s..... when u lower the enemy's defense do spells hurt em more or just physical attacks? if you raise your attack does your tech do bonus damage too?

also are bossess immune to decreases in ATP or DFP or do the spells just miss ALOT

Yoda86
Apr 7, 2003, 08:56 PM
I can answer the second one, the Jellen-Zalure spells will never work against bosses.

As for the first question, I have no idea.

somerandomplayername
Apr 8, 2003, 03:43 AM
As I recall they didn't on DC so I doubt they do in Ep. 2. When playing offline I never even used support spells since I only attacked with techs and had to resta every time I got hit no matter what.

VulpesMundi
Apr 8, 2003, 05:01 AM
On 2003-04-07 18:48, TwistedRTist wrote:
Ive gotta few tech ?'s..... when u lower the enemy's defense do spells hurt em more or just physical attacks? if you raise your attack does your tech do bonus damage too?

also are bossess immune to decreases in ATP or DFP or do the spells just miss ALOT

Technique damages are uneffected by Shifta, Deband, Jellen and Zalure. I'll also note that area percents on a weapon will not effect technique damages, either.

The only boss completely immune to Jellen and Zalure is Vol Opt. You can cast them on every other boss. Zalure will reduce the DFP on all of them, however some bosses (like Dark Falz) have physical attacks that do a set amount of damage and will be uneffected by Jellen.

Vanango
Apr 8, 2003, 02:01 PM
On 2003-04-07 18:56, Yoda86 wrote:
I can answer the second one, the Jellen-Zalure spells will never work against bosses.

As for the first question, I have no idea.

j/k works on all the bosses except vol opt... it even works on the first part of Dark Falz. Each new part of DF needs to be j/z again though and it's hard to get the timing right. The same goes w/ Olga.

Sham
Apr 8, 2003, 02:34 PM
Jellen/Zalure is also ineffective to Gol Dragon. And there is no way to boost the damage of your techniques other than to raise your MST, or use merges/tech-specific weapons.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 8, 2003, 02:45 PM
yea u need 2 raise ur mst or tech lvl 2 get more dmg http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wang_Tang
Apr 8, 2003, 05:46 PM
Also, as far as I've discovered, boosts to techs don't take effect when you're fighting vol opt ver 2... well, at least his 2nd form. (casted barta, equipped mace of adaman, barta did same dmg)