PDA

View Full Version : wtf is going on here?? (read)

PhaZe
Mar 7, 2001, 01:38 AM
Ok.. i come home from work today and decide to play some pso for a little while. When the dialing screen came up, I decided to go get something to drink. I saw what was on the screen a moment later and my jaw dropped to the floor. There was a blue window telling me that my character file was curropt and the items would now be reset completely!! I hit start and tried my best to stay calm even though i had no friggin idea what-the-HELL was going on. I dialed back up and just as the window said.. all my stuff was GONE. Everything! I swear i nearly pissed my pants right then and there. All my money, rares, equipment... *poof* now a memory.

So now im thinking "ok" I have 1 more char left with his fair share of stuff.. I'll simply use him.. everythings gonna be allright..
Guess what? I logged on and saw the same fucking window as before. Now you can imagine how i felt at the time. All my work: one lvl 100 char and one 89 was history. Every hour i spent battling on ragol was meaningless now. Sure the characters themselves were there.. but what can a lvl 80+ guy do witha saber? *sigh* After about an hour, a good buddy of mine logged on and gave me a very disturbing email. It hit him too.. i felt incredibly bad because he had far more stuff than i did. The question still remained.. "Why?"

After telling another friend of our predicament, he said that Sega had been cracking down on "dupers" and backup characters, and that was why we lost our chars.. Um.. well it made sense except for one small thing..

How "do" you dupe or make backup chars??

I never even knew about cheating, duping, etc on PSO. It never entered my mind that it was even a possibility! So why?? Why did I lose my characters? Like i said.. i dont cheat i never have cheated.. i didnt even know you COULD cheat!

I'v allready tried calling sega about it and they said there was nothing they could do.

*sigh* I'm making my new char as im typing right now. Gotta do it all again.. from scratch..
Why you may ask? No fuckin clue... >_<

---------------------------------------------
btw: Yes, I know im new to this board.. I just wanted to tell every1 this and see if there were players out there with this same problem.
I still can hardly believe it.. all those items..

Zipp0
Mar 7, 2001, 02:01 AM
Well... you had to of done something. It deleted your items because the hours you had logged were less than when you logged off last.

And how is starting a new character going to give your items back? You said you still had your character. Just no items. If you create a new character, its going to take three times as long to get your items back. Partly because Normal and Hard aren't very genorous when giving rares.

Marlboro
Mar 7, 2001, 02:19 AM
Well I now have seventeeen emails from people I know saying there stuff is fried. Not all of them could be cheating especially with the four I know who don't have gamesharks or backups.

Somebody apparently screwed up on the fix they did.

Though I think wiping everybody's inventory would make the game interesting it needs to be fixed if this is because of Sega messing around.

PhaZe
Mar 7, 2001, 02:27 AM
zipp: Well.. unless someone broke into my house, turned on my dc, logged in with my chars, and duped my items... no... Theres no good reason why my characters were reset.

And as for the new char thing? It was a moment of pissed off insanity. I'm gonna keep using my chars.. Its still frustrating.

Marl: Apparently my bud and i are NOT alone. I was in IRC just now and ppl were going nuts. Though i trust my friend very much, i cant speak for him in the way of cheating. I "do" know i don't cheat.. Perhaps i sleepwalk.. and play on the net? Doubt it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

myau1
Mar 7, 2001, 04:14 AM
Oops sounds like another blunder from our friends at Sega eh!? I just wish they would let everyone who wants to cheat, cheat! For most of us who dont like the cheaters, we simply ignore them and dont give em the time of day. Man why doesnt Sega just give it up? People will cheat no matter what. Software will always be crackable so they should stop worring about cheaters and START worring about making the game a little more meaningful and challenging, which would in turn discourage cheating! God just let people play the game they way they want to play it!

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: myau1 on 2001-03-07 01:15 ]</font>

segagameplay
Mar 7, 2001, 04:36 AM
sadly its becuse of the huge demand to stop cheating. You have no idea the number of calls we recive demanding we fix cheaters and duplication. I am quite sad at your lose.

DiscoInferno
Mar 7, 2001, 12:19 PM
Hey man look for me online and I'll hook you up. The funny thing is...this hasn't hurt or stopped me from duping or cheating online. I know I will probably take heat for this, but I cheat because after spending 180+ hours on the game, it has lost some of it's lusture...and I'm not about to spend another 180 hours. Here are my character names:

DiscoInferno lv 100 (non-cheat character)
YoursTruly lv 100 (cheat character)
Quixtar lv 100 (cheat character)

Now...I can dupe for you, but I don't have to many items. I try not to dupe unless someone needs help. In which case I dupe what I have, and nothing more. I can also build you a new character that is what you want. This is what I got a GS for...to build another character who's equally as powerful as the one I had spent all the time building. Like I said I don't have time to start over, and want to enjoy the game as much as possible. I mean...you can only play those same 4 boards a few times without being BORED. So hate me if you choose...I can handle it. Ask me to help if you need it...and I will.

Ovurkill
Mar 7, 2001, 12:45 PM
I'm too scared to go online now! I've never cheated in PSO and I try not to cheat with any games, but I'm hearing about all these people losing their rares who don't cheat! Well, please don't beat me up for saying this, I think I'd rather have everyone lose their rare items and never be able to cheat again than to keep the rare items I have acquired while playing. While I've worked myself, playing night and day to build my character trying to EARN those special weapons, I see brand new characters using what I've been trying to find for weeks. People may not like the idea, mainly because people are still able to dupe and the good honest people are left with nothing, but I'd like to see the problem solved and the PSO universe renewed to what it should be. I'm not looking for an opposing side, where nothing can be done what is the point of arguement? I'm just expressing my ideal online experience.