PDA

View Full Version : GC: How do you use NPC's?

Clef
Apr 7, 2003, 11:08 PM
How do you use your quest NPC's? Personally I use them as fodder since they are always so much higher level than I usually am. For instance Alicia in forrest of sorrow. I run that quest often with my redria hunewearl and although she's high enough level to do the quest solo, I like to stand back and let Alicia get her ass handed to her.

Sadistic?
Perhaps.

The way I figure is since these NPC's won't heal or buff, to hell with them. I do at least keep them from dying so I can complete the quests, but hey, it's free hp for me. It's really too bad that Mome just falls to the ground when you fight de rol le though. He really needs to get up and take a few for the team.

Orange_Coconut
Apr 7, 2003, 11:14 PM
Heh, actually, if Mome were to "take a few for the team" then the mission would be hard as heck to complete. I think he has what? Three monomates? That guy would be screwed over in Ultimate mode.

marionettemaster
Apr 7, 2003, 11:25 PM
heh, i hated on ver1 (not sure on ver2) when he did fight with you...

i remembered when i had a nice lavis cannon when i did that quest once time... fighting some dubchics, and they killed me.. dropped my weapon, and they killed damned MOME a sec later. GOOD BYE LAVIS CANNON, heh.. pretty pissed

hated mome ever since

Captain_Dude
Apr 7, 2003, 11:28 PM
Sometimes I just have the urge to kill Mome, and his utter... "Putz-ness"...
So, on occasions I just let him get raped over and over. It makes me feel big...

I'm nice to many of the NPCs(Alicia, Elanor, etc) but Mome makes me wanna bust a cap in his punk self... I mean YEESH... So I see nothing wrong with letting Mome get raped by whatever happens to be around.
I don't like Kireek much either... Oh, how I wish I could S/D and Resta the Forest enemies... *Sadistic grin*

kieran
Apr 8, 2003, 08:49 AM
funniest thing i can remember doing on ver.1 was (please remember i was never a pk'er online but i had the stuff to do it), doing the battle training with kireek, equipping a priest mind-- and resta pk'ing him, heehee

Piro-Skies
Apr 8, 2003, 01:20 PM
I usually jsut use them as shields, but in normal I would let them do the fighting seeing as they had stronger weapons.

And yeh, Mome, really annoying.

-Piro Skies

Moogy
Apr 8, 2003, 01:25 PM
MOME = Teh bad. Anyway, on Hard-Ult, I use them as human/newman/android shields, seeing as most of they're attacks are ineffective anyway. The strangest thing about them is the fact that they can equip decent rares on Normal mode without a MAG, and, yet, they still cause pathetic damage. They're only moderately useful on Normal, too. The only NPCs that don't fit under this category are Ash in From the Depths, and Donoph in The Retired Hunter. Seriously, those guys can actually fight, and they even heal themselves and you, too.

cajun
Apr 8, 2003, 03:24 PM
Mome is the single most annoying NPC ever, because everytime I would go to fight a chich he would shoot them before I could get through with my attack. Curse you Mome! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif