PDA

View Full Version : Just Starting

Droxitr
Apr 8, 2003, 12:11 AM
I am just starting PSO and I have two questions:

1. What should I pick for my first char? I was thinking a RAcast.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif

2. Is going online worth it? I look around and hear these horror stories about "My game got corrupted and I lost my four level 200 characters and have to start over!" because people went online...
I figured I wouldn't miss much because I have lots of friends I can play splitscreen with, decent-size TV too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks if anyone responds to this.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smilejap.gif

Captain_Dude
Apr 8, 2003, 12:17 AM
A RAcast is an ok choice. But that really all comes down to personal prefrence. Which character do YOU think you'll have the most fun playing?

Going online is definantly worth it. I haven't had the pleasure. But if I know anything above tying my own shoes(which I haven't done in a while, but it's like riding a bicycle... which I have forgot how to do...) I know that playing games online with other is extreme fun! SO... playing PSO online is TOTALLY worth it!

Hope I could be of help...

Proto22003
Apr 8, 2003, 12:21 AM
1. never get a racast. my friend is 1, i cud beet him in battle win he was lvl 114, an i was lvl 99.(im a humar)
2.online is def worth it(though im not there)

silvermax
Apr 8, 2003, 12:35 AM
if your new to the game pic one of the Human charaters, Humar, Ramar, Ramarl, FOmar, and Fomarl
or even Hunewearl
particularly one of the first 3 or the, forces are just a bit hard to learn,

do u want to Melee fight, range fight? or cast spells and use gay melee force weps?

Anyone know why all the Force weps are melee combat weps?

NekoHikari
Apr 8, 2003, 12:45 AM
[quote]1. never get a racast. my friend is 1, i cud beet him in battle win he was lvl 114, an i was lvl 99.(im a humar)

Umm... is it just me, or is that totally irrelevant?

The fact is, we don't know what either of you had on as equipment, or what your mags were, or anything of the sort. Just going on lvl alone is ridiculous, especially when you can boost your character with Mags, Materials, and Armor slot usage. Anyone can beat anyone easily that is 20 lvls higher when they have the right equipment.

Anyway, the Racast is an awesome choice- especially if you are going online. He's fun to use, for one thing, and another is that he's great support for a team- I always have one in my online parties simply because of their ability to see traps and disarm them before anyone gets hit by them. There are many other reasons why I like them, but I think that's enough for now. They rock, simple as that.

And going online is the point of the game. Just wait til you see how much fun it is.

NekoHikari
Apr 8, 2003, 12:52 AM
[/quote] if your new to the game pic one of the Human charaters, Humar, Ramar, Ramarl, FOmar, and Fomarl
or even Hunewearl
particularly one of the first 3 or the, forces are just a bit hard to learn,

do u want to Melee fight, range fight? or cast spells and use gay melee force weps?

Anyone know why all the Force weps are melee combat weps?

First of all, you probably shouldn't use the word "gay" in these forums. It's immature, and pointless.

Second, choosing a Force as your first character is not often a good idea.

And finally, not all Force weapons are Melee weapons- Cards are used by only Forces, and they can be great weapons (especially early on)

Proto22003
Apr 8, 2003, 12:59 AM
On 2003-04-07 22:45, NekoHikari wrote:
[quote]1. never get a racast. my friend is 1, i cud beet him in battle win he was lvl 114, an i was lvl 99.(im a humar)

Just going on lvl alone is ridiculous, especially when you can boost your character with Mags, Materials, and Armor slot usage. Anyone can beat anyone easily that is 20 lvls higher when they have the right equipment.

i think ur rediculous!!!

just kidding

Captain_Dude
Apr 8, 2003, 01:00 AM
I disagree with all who say you shouldn't pick a certain character from the start. My first character was a FOnewearl, and I've had very little trouble (although I was surprised by how much easier thing were for my RAcaseal).

I think(and I know I said this alread) you should pick a class that you feel you'll have fun playing. If you wanna be a ranger, fine, be a ranger, if you wanna be a force, fine be a force! It's not like opening the game up and starting a HUmar is going to instantly make you a better player.
So enjoy you character creation, just have fun with it! It IS ia game after all... And if I'm not mistaken, games are spoze to be fun!

Proto22003
Apr 8, 2003, 01:04 AM
i disagree with me too!

Blue-Hawk
Apr 8, 2003, 01:06 AM
pick whicheverf you want. my prefference, though, is a ramarl.. should you decide on a ranger that is.

Captain_Dude
Apr 8, 2003, 01:12 AM
On 2003-04-07 23:06, blue-hawk wrote:
pick whicheverf you want. my prefference, though, is a ramarl.. should you decide on a ranger that is.

Yay, someone to agree with me... *Dances like a giddy fool*

But yeah... pick whichever makes you happiest... If you want a Big, Angry looking RAcast, that's fine. If you wanna stare at the cute lil' butt of the FOnewearl, that's fine too! Enjoy your character