PDA

View Full Version : GC: Farewell PSOGC

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 01:13 AM
I just wanted to take a quick second to say goodbye to all the fine players that I came across on PSOGC. I have recently cancelled my hunters license because I am waiting for the Xbox release of PSO and I want to be eager to play it. I think the next couple of weeks leading up to the release of PSOX will make me want it that much more so that is the reason behind me walking away just when my new HUmar is starting to grow nicely and find nice weapons. I will still be floating around on these boards since they are the only boards that I go to now. Once again farewell peeps and I'll see some of you on the Xbox.

Captain_Dude
Apr 8, 2003, 01:15 AM
Yay, a new possible friend joining the PSOX community!

Glad to see you're joining us, sorry to hear that the GC community will no longer get to see you.

Hope to see you on PSOX!

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 01:17 AM
Oh I'm all over the PSOX community, I've been waiting for this game to hit the box from day one. I just used the GC as a way to satisfy my need for PSO until I could get the Xbox version.

NekoHikari
Apr 8, 2003, 01:25 AM
[quote]Yay, a new possible friend joining the PSOX community!

Glad to see you're joining us, sorry to hear that the GC community will no longer get to see you.

Hope to see you on PSOX!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
- as long as you're not a cheater ^_^

Tigereye
Apr 8, 2003, 10:27 AM
I may not know you, but best of luck on PSOX. Just watch out for those supposed hacks that are discussed on the Cheaters board.

MetalGriever
Apr 8, 2003, 10:48 AM
Best of luck to you on PSOX. May you be blessed with many red boxes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yosho
Apr 8, 2003, 11:10 AM
You can count me in for PSOX http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, and bless me with some of those red boxes too heh heh

Robomonke
Apr 8, 2003, 03:20 PM
That sux ur leavin (not that i really knew you though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) heh...PSOX seems like a waste to me. Broadband only is gonna limit people on there. Also can't u guys see whats gonna happen? Its gonna be DC PSO all over again with these hacks. I'd stick with GC. PSOX is gonna be the samething cept for the voice comunicator which isn't all that great. I own both and I hate my xbox. I bought it and only used it for Halo. It's sat idle on my shelf for over a year now. The only reason im keeping it is (maybe...) for Halo 2. (which better not be the same 4 levels repeated over and over agn like in Halo 1...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robomonke on 2003-04-08 13:21 ]</font>

staticlive
Apr 8, 2003, 03:29 PM
Your a very strange boy! first of all can u say that there is 100% chance that PSOX will be hacked! no u cant! Also i would like to welcome you to the PSOX community and hope you have alot better time...

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 8, 2003, 03:33 PM
On 2003-04-08 13:20, Robomonke wrote:
That sux ur leavin (not that i really knew you though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) heh...PSOX seems like a waste to me. Broadband only is gonna limit people on there. Also can't u guys see whats gonna happen? Its gonna be DC PSO all over again with these hacks. I'd stick with GC. PSOX is gonna be the samething cept for the voice comunicator which isn't all that great. I own both and I hate my xbox. I bought it and only used it for Halo. It's sat idle on my shelf for over a year now. The only reason im keeping it is (maybe...) for Halo 2. (which better not be the same 4 levels repeated over and over agn like in Halo 1...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robomonke on 2003-04-08 13:21 ]</font>

i take it you didnt pay any attention to releases of great games like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Shenmue 2, DOA Vollyball, Gun Valk.. etc etc. etc.

ancutcho
Apr 8, 2003, 03:35 PM
i cant wait to start playing psox. i already left psogc along time ago. wasnt any fun playing w/o keyboard or voice chat.

staticlive
Apr 8, 2003, 03:36 PM
On 2003-04-08 13:33, RiGoRmOrTiS_UK wrote:

i take it you didnt pay any attention to releases of great games like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Shenmue 2, DOA Vollyball, Gun Valk.. etc etc. etc.

Yep he must be blind deaf and/or mentally ill

ancutcho
Apr 8, 2003, 03:46 PM

i guess he likes games like mario, where u clean up the monsters dirt trails after u jump on them. How fun does that sound?

staticlive
Apr 8, 2003, 03:47 PM
about as exciting as sitting watching a potato grow

Kusanagi
Apr 8, 2003, 03:52 PM
Sorry to see your leavin, hope PSOX is as great as everyone makes it out to be. I havent even considered changing....manly because if I did change systems Id get another PS2 or on my car....I guess my intrests have changed. But I still love PSO on GC even though its the ONLY game on GC im even a Little interested in. Its even weird I like PSO cause im more into the First person shooters, any sports games, and of course the Melee games like GTA. As said before, may you be blessed with many red boxes.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 8, 2003, 04:14 PM
sorry 2 c u leave b4 we even knew eachother lol. i guess one day when u come crawling back 2 gc.........pff wat am i saying i only got gc for pso also lol. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Long---Shot
Apr 8, 2003, 04:16 PM
ill be on PSOX aswell. will be just as good as the GC version plus the voice chat. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aredhel
Apr 8, 2003, 04:25 PM
May the wind always blow to your back and never to your face, Eclypse. Good luck on all your travels.

As for all you System-haters: Give it a break why doncha? "Arguing on internet message boards is like running in the Special Olympics: Even if you beat everyone ele, you're still a 'tard." http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Give Mario a break too - he's gettin' OLD! He's gotta be like 20 yrs old already, that's like being 500 in human years! (plumbers don't live so long) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Blenjar
Apr 8, 2003, 06:56 PM
On 2003-04-07 23:13, Eclypse wrote:
I just wanted to take a quick second to say goodbye to all the fine players that I came across on PSOGC. I have recently cancelled my hunters license because I am waiting for the Xbox release of PSO and I want to be eager to play it. I think the next couple of weeks leading up to the release of PSOX will make me want it that much more so that is the reason behind me walking away just when my new HUmar is starting to grow nicely and find nice weapons. I will still be floating around on these boards since they are the only boards that I go to now. Once again farewell peeps and I'll see some of you on the Xbox.

If Xbox characters don't get corrupted, I'll never play the game again on gcn.

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 06:58 PM
I'll be honest and say that I will miss playing with you guys that play PSOGc, but I just think overall I will get as much if not more enjoyment from the Xbox version.

As for those that believe all these hack rumors, I just take it with a grain of salt. Until I see something hacked or somekind of un-natural event in the Xbox version I don't believe any of the RUMORS at all.

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 07:01 PM
I think for the most part the Xbox version will be very populated because people are always coming into my store where I work at and asking when the game comes out. Even with the BB only aspect of the game, granted many people without BB will be cut out, but I think out of the 350,000 Live subscribers if only 10% play the game that will be 3500 people online in the US which is a significant amount more than what is currently online with narrow and broadband users on the GC.

Robomonke
Apr 8, 2003, 07:11 PM
On 2003-04-08 13:29, staticlive wrote:
Your a very strange boy! first of all can u say that there is 100% chance that PSOX will be hacked! no u cant! Also i would like to welcome you to the PSOX community and hope you have alot better time...

Uh yes i can. First of all there has been confirmed hacks to:

Get to 200 after beating Forest on normal

have enemies drop rares 80% of the time.

Have enemies drop the weapon instead of the body part.

and a few others i can't remember.

So please don't be a retard and sate things you don't know all the info about.

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 07:17 PM
Well where are links and screen captures to confirm these so called hacks? When you come with some proof then your claims will hold some validity, but until then just keep the rumor hack talk to a minimum because we, or should I say I don't really wanna hear it.

Robomonke
Apr 8, 2003, 07:19 PM

You are officially a disgrace to gamers everywhere. DOA VOLLEYBALL!!!!!!!!!!! for gods sake man. Thats not a game! thats a cheap excuse for perverts to get off on freakin pixels!!!!

Gun valk i never played. Panzer was way too easy even on hard mode. and very very very short. I beat it at my friends house in 5 hours. Shenmue....way too many reasons to list them all. Basically the first shenmue sucked and the 2nd one is worse than the first. The fighting system is horrible, the game isnt really a game. Its just endless pointless minni games and 3rd grade "puzzles" that arent the least bit puzzling. If you think that game was challenging let alone entertaining. i can only offer my pity.

and as for etc etc. xbox has no good exclusive games to it. Not a single one can match up to Zelda or Metroid Prime. ( and yes i know you will try but don't bother posting anything stupid about how Zelda's a kiddy game and the graphics are stupid because if you have ever played the game you would agree that the graphics are simply amazing and you are just being childish. I have no idea how old you are but you sound like your 13 so please stop acting like a baby. I simply isaid i didnt use my xbox and that i didnt find the games to be fun.) and go ahead and try and point 1 legitimate thing wrong with metroid prime. I dare you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ancutcho
Apr 8, 2003, 07:22 PM
On 2003-04-08 17:11, Robomonke wrote:

can u show me where they confirmed all this? ive only heard these stuff from people who dont have an xbox or xbox haters.

Robomonke
Apr 8, 2003, 07:24 PM
check the cheaters section there was a link posted to one of the sites in there that had confirmed evidence of it. ill try to get the link as soon as i can.

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 07:28 PM
On 2003-04-08 17:19, Robomonke wrote:

You are officially a disgrace to gamers everywhere. DOA VOLLEYBALL!!!!!!!!!!! for gods sake man. Thats not a game! thats a cheap excuse for perverts to get off on freakin pixels!!!!

Gun valk i never played. Panzer was way too easy even on hard mode. and very very very short. I beat it at my friends house in 5 hours. Shenmue....way too many reasons to list them all. Basically the first shenmue sucked and the 2nd one is worse than the first. The fighting system is horrible, the game isnt really a game. Its just endless pointless minni games and 3rd grade "puzzles" that arent the least bit puzzling. If you think that game was challenging let alone entertaining. i can only offer my pity.

and as for etc etc. xbox has no good exclusive games to it. Not a single one can match up to Zelda or Metroid Prime. ( and yes i know you will try but don't bother posting anything stupid about how Zelda's a kiddy game and the graphics are stupid because if you have ever played the game you would agree that the graphics are simply amazing and you are just being childish. I have no idea how old you are but you sound like your 13 so please stop acting like a baby. I simply isaid i didnt use my xbox and that i didnt find the games to be fun.) and go ahead and try and point 1 legitimate thing wrong with metroid prime. I dare you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Whoa!!!! That was a little long winded and completely off topic on to the subject at hand. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, and if he like DOAX, then so be it, and if you like GC games then so be it also, but for gods sake there isn't a need to take things so serious, it's a internet chat forum for christ sakes.

Anyways, thanks if you can post a link to the confirmed PSOX cheats.

ancutcho
Apr 8, 2003, 07:34 PM
On 2003-04-08 17:24, Robomonke wrote:
check the cheaters section there was a link posted to one of the sites in there that had confirmed evidence of it. ill try to get the link as soon as i can.

here the fourm u talkin bout. and guess what? Its all rumors! check it outhttp://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46815&forum=4&15

it shows everything u said bout duping and being to lv 200 in a forest run and all the other stuff u said. they all lies

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 07:50 PM
I went and found that same thread and it's nothing but speculation and people arguing back and forth about a game that none of them have played unless they either A, lie about having the import, or B acutally imported the JPN version of the game.

Robomonke
Apr 8, 2003, 07:59 PM
On 2003-04-08 17:34, ancutcho wrote:

here the fourm u talkin bout. and guess what? Its all rumors! check it outhttp://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46815&forum=4&15

it shows everything u said bout duping and being to lv 200 in a forest run and all the other stuff u said. they all lies

hey guess what? no they arent!

*link removed*
Linking to cheat codes is an instant ban, as stated in the forum rules. The issue will be discussed in Arkham.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-04-09 15:05 ]</font>

MonoxideChild
Apr 8, 2003, 08:00 PM
On 2003-04-08 17:11, Robomonke wrote:

Ahh yes, I remember you, Xboxbasher. Until we see a significant amount of screenshots or unless Yuji Naka or Bill Gates themselves say that Xbox PSO is hacked, than I see it is nothing more than a rumour. The ignorant shouldn't be calling other people stupid. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Also, I am also one of the people that will be heading from GC PSO over to Xbox PSO.

Robomonke
Apr 8, 2003, 08:00 PM
ill get the links for the rest of the hacks when i can.

Robomonke
Apr 8, 2003, 08:02 PM
well have fun speculating.

ancutcho
Apr 8, 2003, 08:04 PM
i bet u i wont be seeing u post any sites up since u just making these stuff up.

MonoxideChild
Apr 8, 2003, 08:07 PM
On 2003-04-08 18:02, Robomonke wrote:

I'll have one hell of a time. Thanks for your concern.

Robomonke
Apr 8, 2003, 08:09 PM
no

On 2003-04-08 18:07, MonoxideChild wrote:

On 2003-04-08 18:02, Robomonke wrote:

I'll have one hell of a time. Thanks for your concern.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

MonoxideChild
Apr 8, 2003, 08:17 PM
Till then, I think Luigi's Mansion is calling you.

ancutcho
Apr 8, 2003, 08:17 PM
so......did u find any links yet?

Kalbelgarion
Apr 8, 2003, 09:11 PM
Robomonke wrote:
blah blah blah blah
People, can't we just ignore the ill-meaning moron? Really, is it that hard to do? If someone goes wildy off-topic, like he did, I think he should be ignored. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, Eclypse, I'm sorry to hear that the GCN players will be losing you. But I'm glad that there will be at least one more person online in the XBOX version. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 09:38 PM

*linked removed*

You've got to be joking! Have you personally tried this method or know anyone that has who can show a valid screen capture of it being done? I could just as easily made up some bull about travelling in time, and you would probably believe it if you believe that garbage. You shouldn't be so gulible. Start providing facts and now random rants from someones personal PSO site. I'm done discussing rumors about this subject.

*edit by Abdur*
Removing the link which is NOT allowed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-04-09 15:05 ]</font>

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 09:39 PM
Anyway, Eclypse, I'm sorry to hear that the GCN players will be losing you. But I'm glad that there will be at least one more person online in the XBOX version. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks you for the kind words!

Liet
Apr 8, 2003, 09:53 PM
On 2003-04-08 19:38, Eclypse wrote:

*linked removed*

You've got to be joking! Have you personally tried this method or know anyone that has who can show a valid screen capture of it being done? I could just as easily made up some bull about travelling in time, and you would probably believe it if you believe that garbage. You shouldn't be so gulible. Start providing facts and now random rants from someones personal PSO site. I'm done discussing rumors about this subject.

Well, actually, I can see this is extremely possible since it is the same thing that can be done on the GC. ( *link removed* ) I wont hide it, I hate the XBox, mostly because of the controller. It's just too crappy for none sports games. I think most of the games on it are good, except DOA-Volleyball. I just don't like people saying PSOX is gonna be non-dupable and all that. Well, that's my two pennies...

*edit by Abdur*
Removed the link that wasn't allowed, as well as the auction since I'm not sure if it was yours personally or what.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-04-09 15:08 ]</font>

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 10:06 PM
On 2003-04-08 19:53, Liet wrote:
[quote]
Well, actually, I can see this is extremely possible since it is the same thing that can be done on the GC. ( *linked removed* ) I wont hide it, I hate the XBox, mostly because of the controller. It's just too crappy for none sports games. I think most of the games on it are good, except DOA-Volleyball. I just don't like people saying PSOX is gonna be non-dupable and all that. Well, that's my two pennies...

Except for one thing. The usb adapter for the GC doesn't require the use of a modchip to use. It simple requires the usb adapter your GC and your PC, and that's it. The Box on the other hand requires modding the system, ftp'ing files from the HDD to the PC HDD and copying them, etc. Like I have been saying all along, I haven't ruled out the fact that it may be corrupted one day, but until I see some hard evidence and not TEXT showing me otherwise, I take it all with a grain of salt.

*edit by Abdur*
Removed link.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-04-09 15:09 ]</font>

Docpan
Apr 8, 2003, 10:19 PM
Have fun playing with the a-hole US players. I'll continue having fun with the kind JP and Euro players.

*edit by Abdur*
Watch your language and watch the slang. Alot of US players even know better than to use the offensive slang for the Japanese.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-04-09 15:10 ]</font>

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 10:35 PM
On 2003-04-08 20:19, Docpan wrote:
Have fun playing with the a-hole US players. I'll continue having fun with the kind JP and Euro players.

That's a very intelligent thing to say. I think it would probably be more suitable to say JPN players rather than JAP players.

Also if you're going to call people "ass holes" at least explain why someone is an "ass hole."

(Apologies moderators for the spelling out of the word ass hole)

*edit by Abdur*
Just removed the offensive slang in the quote.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-04-09 15:10 ]</font>

MadCowChuck_
Apr 9, 2003, 02:41 PM
On 2003-04-08 20:19, Docpan wrote:

Not smart at all. First, I think going out on a tangent and saying all Americans are assholes is a bit overblown. Yeah, yeah...many US players are theives, beggars, etc. Hell, I've been one of each at one point or another. But saying every American is an asshole? Hah.

Secondly, as the rules state, it should be JPN players. JAP players refers to a very derogatory term that you may or may not know the basis behind (and I do know, but I'd rather not explain).

And thirdly...I've seen a-hole EPN/JPN players as well. NOT Americans, either. Again, I think every server has its jerks, its pervs, as well as its good-hearted players. Give it a rest.

Finally...I know I'd never switch to PSOX (b/c I personally don't like the XBox due to a vendetta with MS...), but it's not like it's the end for GCN to have some players move. XBox has its merits...I recognize that, and we shouldn't flame over it. Every console has its benefits and disadvantages.

Anyway...have a nice time over on PSOX. (Goes back to corner)

*edit by Abdur*
I removed the offensive slang in the quote.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-04-09 15:11 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Apr 9, 2003, 05:13 PM
Well, congratulations. You took someone's goodbye post from the GC and turned it into a thread with links to cheat codes on PSO as well as a flame fight and using offensive slang. Congratulations. I apologize to Eclypse for having to lock this, but I'm sure you'd prefer it. =

*lock*
Warnings and reprimands will be issued later.