PDA

View Full Version : Extend Assist Issue?

Hajduk
Aug 6, 2013, 07:04 AM
Hey I just unlocked techer and I am enjoying the idea of a support focused build. As such I spent one point in extend assist. Well after a few tests I noticed that shifta expired after 30 secs (no charge) and 60 secs (charge). If extend assist was working wouldn't they be 90 and 120 respectfully? Do I have to activate it somehow? Anyone else having issues?

Also this is most likely my first post, so sorry if this is in the wrong section or anything. Been reading the forums for years but never saw a need to comment much.

Bellion
Aug 6, 2013, 07:15 AM
Try casting 2 fully charged Shiftas and getting all pulses. A fully charged Shifta gives a full minute and 2 of them give 2 minutes.

Extend Assist only increases duration, but it does not increase how many seconds per pulse it gives. Adrenaline is the one that gives extra seconds per pulse.

Maronji
Aug 6, 2013, 07:19 AM
Adrenaline is the one that gives extra seconds per pulse.

And, unfortunately, that's a Fighter skill, not a Techer skill.

Unless you go TE/FI or FI/TE (or unless you consistently run with a Techer who has Extend Assist), you can't really make use of both at the same time.

Hajduk
Aug 6, 2013, 08:42 AM
Ok so if I understand what you are saying then the most pulses I can have totals up to 120 secs of duration. 60 normally + 60 bonus? Wow they sure made buffing more complicated compared to PSU.

Rien
Aug 6, 2013, 10:18 AM
You basically have to cast shifta multiple times.

You just got shafted by SEGA.

Terrence
Aug 6, 2013, 12:12 PM
You just got shafted by SEGA.
What about world hunger ? Is this SEGA's fault too ? Maybe that's just a try to make GOOD hybrid possibilities between Classes, don't you think ? I play Fi/Te and with Extend Assit (1/10) + Adrenaline (1/5), it's a two minutes boost with only one cast of each Technics, which is great for the underrated Fi/Te.

Shiyo
Aug 6, 2013, 01:05 PM
I don't think sega wants you to sub TE on FI when subbing hunter literally doubles your damage. If they did, they wouldn't have made hunters tree +200% dmg.

Cyclon
Aug 6, 2013, 03:33 PM
I don't think sega wants you to sub TE on FI when subbing hunter literally doubles your damage. If they did, they wouldn't have made hunters tree +200% dmg.Most of HU's bonuses are melee and ranged only though. While the reason you'd go with hunter in the first place is to boost your melee, you're still casting techs, wand gear extra damage may not be affected, and chase advance synergizes fairly well with techs. And now we have adrenaline, that combined with extend assist, FINALLY makes shifta a reliable self buff.

So why does everyone think it's so one sided for hunter?

UnLucky
Aug 6, 2013, 04:09 PM
Wands are purely Striking damage, so everything Hunter has boosts it fully. The wand attack is Striking and the WG Explosion is Striking (but based on T-Atk).

Techer with anything but a Force sub is incredibly inept at casting technics, and a Te/Fo is strictly inferior than a Fo/Te in terms of pure casting ability. You all but lose your PP regen skills as a Te/Fi since you don't have Charge PP Revival from Force, and wands have lower T-Atk and cast slower than rods.

That is why it makes more sense to focus on the wand's actual strengths by subbing Hunter. Whether it's on par with the other classes is up for debate, but I consider Te/Hu to be the best option for Techer mains.

As for Adrenaline, it is clearly not a support skill since it only affects incoming buffs. It's mostly for the melee types who can't sit around waiting for Shifta to fully tick 13 times for that inconsequential performance increase. 1 SP in the skill makes two ticks last about 60s, which is what you'd get simply passing through the buff without stopping. Not bad, but I still don't think that's worth it.

Shiyo
Aug 6, 2013, 05:47 PM
Techers should be subbing hunter and focusing on wand damage and their support aspects. But I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about FI/TE.

I play Fi/Te and with Extend Assit (1/10) + Adrenaline (1/5), it's a two minutes boost with only one cast of each Technics, which is great for the underrated Fi/Te.

Cyclon
Aug 7, 2013, 05:09 AM
Wands are purely Striking damage, so everything Hunter has boosts it fully. The wand attack is Striking and the WG Explosion is Striking (but based on T-Atk).Noted.

Techer with anything but a Force sub is incredibly inept at casting technics, and a Te/Fo is strictly inferior than a Fo/Te in terms of pure casting ability. You all but lose your PP regen skills as a Te/Fi since you don't have Charge PP Revival from Force, and wands have lower T-Atk and cast slower than rods.

That is why it makes more sense to focus on the wand's actual strengths by subbing Hunter. Whether it's on par with the other classes is up for debate, but I consider Te/Hu to be the best option for Techer mains.

As for Adrenaline, it is clearly not a support skill since it only affects incoming buffs. It's mostly for the melee types who can't sit around waiting for Shifta to fully tick 13 times for that inconsequential performance increase. 1 SP in the skill makes two ticks last about 60s, which is what you'd get simply passing through the buff without stopping. Not bad, but I still don't think that's worth it.Technics are still a part of your gameplay even as Te/Hu and there's no use pretending otherwise. As such it's a part of your damage that hunter sub almost doesn't affect, but fighter sub does entirely. And as said, Te/Hu hardly can rely on self shifta, but Te/Fi can, because you can actually get good mileage out of regular uncharged shiftas thanks to the previously mentioned talents combined. With hunter the amount of time you have to waste to cast shifta to get the full duration that also happens to require ten skill points probably doesn't make it worth it as a whole period.

I'm not trying to find the best subclass for Techer here, I'm comparing Te/Hu to Te/Fi. What I wanted to voice the most is that there are relatively interesting options on Fi(another thing would be that the massive amount of unused points on the Fi tree can see no real better use than to max two S-atk up which in turn also boost your shifta) but I see nobody talk about them; then again I may have simply missed it.

Also for some reason I was pretty sure this was the techer conjecture thread or some stuff, so I guess I'll leave it at that until brave stance up 2 to see if that brings anything new on the table.