PDA

View Full Version : Tips for hunting Agito?

DKFox
Aug 7, 2013, 12:17 AM
I want Agito!

strikerhunter
Aug 7, 2013, 12:19 AM
Wait for new seasonal EQ after maintenance to see if Agito drops from it.

Rob2003ert
Aug 7, 2013, 12:35 AM
Go mow some lawns and buy premium and some AC scratches.

Shiyo
Aug 7, 2013, 12:37 AM
Go mow some lawns and buy premium and some AC scratches.

Going to 2nd this, easiest way is to farm meseta, buy premium, and buy one. My suggestion? Use a +10 50 element 6 star until they add AQ/red katanas.

Sanguine2009
Aug 7, 2013, 12:50 AM
leave braver at lv1 and run a random coast mission for some COs, sounds crazy but it worked for me

kisamehosh/C
Pray . _ .

cheapgunner
Wait for new seasonal EQ after maintenance to see if Agito drops from it.

Gonna go with this. They might just allow lv 51+ drops for the enemies there and who knows if the EQ turns out to be like the Forest EQ from a couple months back.

Shiyo
Aug 7, 2013, 01:09 AM
Gonna go with this. They might just allow lv 51+ drops for the enemies there and who knows if the EQ turns out to be like the Forest EQ from a couple months back.

What was the forest EQ like?

strikerhunter
Aug 7, 2013, 01:12 AM
What was the forest EQ like?

So many rare Bosses, the spawn rate of rares was crazy that it was almost impossible to go 1 week without seeing a Haze Draal actually make it almost impossible to go through 2-3 W&R runs without seeing one. Most of them being able to drop their rare drops. If I remember correctly it was a lvl 51+ EQ or something along the line.

DKFox
Aug 7, 2013, 01:12 AM
I have a shop at the moment. What's your most effective way to making money from it?
I've recently discovered the value of certain souls on fodder items. Making enough money to buy Agito sounds like it'll take forever though.

Seasonal EQ sounds promising! Too bad I need to know more people to party with...

strikerhunter
Aug 7, 2013, 01:14 AM
I have a shop at the moment. What's your most effective way to making money from it?
I've recently discovered the value of certain souls on fodder items. Making enough money to buy Agito sounds like it'll take forever though.

Save that ticket until you have 100+ worthy items to sell.

Zipzo
Aug 7, 2013, 01:24 AM
Tips for hunting Agito?

Ummm...run Coast a lot?

DKFox
Aug 7, 2013, 01:29 AM
I was hoping for some more specifics such as certain areas in Coast exploration where Bal Blundarl is more likely to appear? Perhaps certain Arks quest in the coasts have a higher probability of a Bal Blundarl appearing?

I never really understood spawns either. Sometimes in a large party there will be a huge amount of enemies and drops and sometimes not.

Anyone care to explain?

strikerhunter
Aug 7, 2013, 01:34 AM
I was hoping for some more specifics such as certain areas in Coast exploration where Bal Blundarl is more likely to appear? Perhaps certain Arks quest in the coasts have a higher probability of a Bal Blundarl appearing?

I never really understood spawns either. Sometimes in a large party there will be a huge amount of enemies and drops and sometimes not.

Anyone care to explain?

Full 12 player MPA in second area hoping for a burst that contains darkers only. Is another thing you can try for hunting Agito.

No, not ARKs quest have a higher spawn rate, if that was true then that quest be farmed more than Free Explorations.

Bal Blundarl has .05% chance to spawn, so that may enlighten you on it's spawn rate. More players mean more spawns meaning small chance in rare spawns.

DKFox
Aug 7, 2013, 01:39 AM
Thanks! That's the answer what I was looking for.

Now, time to start hunting/giving up :p

otaku998
Aug 7, 2013, 03:05 AM
Tip for Hunting Agito : Give up on it, the more you want it, the less likely the game will give you. Farm Coast MPA with an empty mind.

Sylphia
Aug 7, 2013, 03:37 AM
If you have a premi then you can get into premi space in the VH blocks if you're quick enough as soon as they announce the eq. You join the quest and it fills to 12/12 easily usually, no need to know people before hand, and sometimes you actually meet people.

KuroKanden
Aug 7, 2013, 05:06 AM
Full MPA that knows how to exit/entrance bursts and if you're lucky you'd get the burst with Blundarl/Luda/Strahda spawns.

There isn't much of a magic to this, it's just like any other rare drop. Keep going, and it'll eventually surface.

SakoHaruo
Aug 7, 2013, 05:14 AM
don't do free exp. go to the sub boss quest. more birds spawn in that quest. it's where my buddy found his Agito. too bad I haven't found one yet >_>

I did find a 10* bow and the coast 10* rifle on the sub boss quest tho, and it was even in the same run.

darthvader
Aug 7, 2013, 10:08 AM
Hunted (and luckily found) mine at area 1 coastal password locked mpa, I assume the birds spawn more at area 1 since there are quite many of these password locked area1 mpa. As for Diez Liu I agree that the third coast ark quest spawn the mobs more than the mpa

edit : apparently as of now the pso2 jp wiki listed diez liu drop as lvl 46~ so theres a high chance that agito is also droppable at the new eq

AlphaDragoon
Aug 11, 2013, 10:17 PM
Looking for Agito as well, having no luck finding a consistent area with Blundarls. Can anyone recommend anything?

I've been trying the Coastal Conservation multi-party Quest with no luck. I find Blundarls more often than anywhere else in Area 3 of this one, but if you get the Emergency Code before you've cleared the area you're out of luck thanks to the very limited completion window.

Also tried the Beach Wars EQ, never seen a single one there in over five runs of the place, Areas 1 and 2. Any help would be appreciated.

Z-0
Aug 11, 2013, 11:27 PM
Best method to get -ANYTHING- in this game (tru story):

Make meseta and buy it.

But more realistically, I hear the best to find Agito is to get an MPA in Area 2 of Subdue Org Blan, as darkers spawn quite a lot there alongside the big flower things, which drop the other 10* Katana (which is stronger but ooohhh well).

Zenobia
Aug 12, 2013, 12:25 AM
Best method to get -ANYTHING- in this game (tru story):

Make meseta and buy it.

But more realistically, I hear the best to find Agito is to get an MPA in Area 2 of Subdue Org Blan, as darkers spawn quite a lot there alongside the big flower things, which drop the other 10* Katana (which is stronger but ooohhh well).

Good thing this method doesn't extend to me sense I got it lol. But yup best to get any rares is to buy your way through PSO2 agito dropping for me saved me many millions!

Dextro
Aug 12, 2013, 12:30 AM
I know 2 friends that found theirs in an a1 MPA in coast, they kept resetting until they had a map with decent recurring blundarl spawns.

Some maps have good darker spawns and others don't, it doesn't really matter which quest you run, as long as you keep resetting tlil you find a map with good spawns - that's most important.

Also; Agito used by HU/BR is the strongest katana setup you can have atm, edging out the water katana :-P

Zipzo
Aug 12, 2013, 02:03 AM
Also; Agito used by HU/BR is the strongest katana setup you can have atm, edging out the water katana :-PYou're going to have to elaborate on this, with provocative evidence.

Xaeris
Aug 12, 2013, 02:33 AM
If I had to guess, I would say he means that HU/BR has more base S-Atk than BR/HU.

Shiyo
Aug 12, 2013, 05:30 AM
I made a 50 element 9 star Lambda Salizania with potential unlocked , it's better than an agito unless it's like..45+ element or something insane, and better than Diez Liu unless 40+ element. Cost me about 3-4m, I honestly suggest that over spending months farming an Agito which is much much MUCH worse than a Lambda Salizania until you have some insane element on it, and better than a Diez Liu unless 40+ element. Much cheaper, quicker, easier, and can actually "work" towards it unlike praying to the RNG gods to grace you with it. Honestly, I'm not sure why Agito and Diez Liu still have such insane prices when a Lambda Salizania is better than them in real-world situations.

Shinamori
Aug 12, 2013, 05:48 AM
Agito is a legacy weapon. Since PSO. Plus the Agito and the Diez Liu are the only 10* Katanas.

gigawuts
Aug 12, 2013, 01:31 PM
If I had to guess, I would say he means that HU/BR has more base S-Atk than BR/HU.

More HP as well, as said by shiyo but this additional atk may not compensate for a 50 element lambda sarizania with latent if the agito has a low element (a 50 element lambda sarizania is roughly equal to an 18 element agito, but the latent really picks up the slack)

also worth noting is that a 50 element lambda sarizania is considerably cheaper to assemble than even the worst element agito right now

Dextro
Aug 12, 2013, 02:03 PM

Correct! as well as HU/BR having greater hp and s-def.

And in terms of raw weapon damage, a 50% Lambda Salizania with Potential Lv.3 is about the equivalent of a 31% Agito, or a 29% Diez Liu.
This is assuming that 1% damage is equivalent to 20~25 s-atk (right now it's quite a bit less than 30, seeing as how +30atk from a single point in the 10* Mastery Skill provides a larger boost than a +1% skill).

gigawuts
Aug 12, 2013, 02:05 PM
That 5% bonus is ambiguous, and will vary based on the sdef of the enemy. It's not going to add on to your satk, but your calculated damage, so 5% more satk would result in larger gains than a raw 5% multiplier.

For instance, let's say you have 1500 satk. If the enemy has 500 sdef, 5% extra damage is going to be roughly equivalent to 50 satk. As opposed to 5% more satk straight up, which would be 75.

This isn't tremendous of course, because we're talking about 5% and enemies that don't exactly rival your atk with their def.

SakoHaruo
Aug 12, 2013, 02:10 PM
Agito is legendary. I've heard many stories from OG PSO1 players. I will hunt for this sword till the end of times.

Also, as I and many others have said, the best quest to hunt for Agito is Org Blan (sub boss). A few people are lucky enough to find it in Exp. It also drops in the new EQ.

gigawuts
Aug 12, 2013, 02:14 PM
Well, Orochiagito is legendary, Agito is a nostalgiagasm throwback weapon that had so many different iterations that it's hard to not have fond memories of it because it wooshed and was findable on basically every ID...just not necessarily the one everyone would want so they could convert it into an Orochiagito.

Hrith
Aug 12, 2013, 02:33 PM
Tips is do not hunt it in the free exploration mission, it has the lowest number of Blundarls and Blumegalla of any coastal MPA.

Z-0 said it, play in the Subdue Org Blan mission, not only does it have a lot more Blundarl and A LOT more Blumegalla, but it also has about twice the monster density as the free exploration mission.

I know you're hunting Agito, not Dies Ryuu, but Subdue Org Blan is the best mission for both, and if you really do not like the water-themed scimitar, sell it and buy the Agito.

Shiyo
Aug 13, 2013, 07:16 AM
3% dmg added to my sakuras is equal to about 150 sattk if 1sattk = 1 point of damage for sakura. like 75 sattk per sakura hit.

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2013, 08:07 AM
It is known that 5 atk = 1 damage and 5 def = 1 less damage

Zenobia
Aug 13, 2013, 08:08 AM

Giga math isn't everyone's forte...as you can see.

Shiyo
Aug 13, 2013, 08:10 AM

That isn't what I got when I took off 90 sattk of units then put 90 sattk of units back on and used sakura. Not saying you're wrong, but I should test it again.

pkemr4
Aug 13, 2013, 11:39 AM
doing the VH new EQ has a pretty good chance for rare boss's to spawn (fought the rare bal blundal and the couger NX ACE but no 10*'s from them ._.)

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2013, 11:50 AM
That isn't what I got when I took off 90 sattk of units then put 90 sattk of units back on and used sakura. Not saying you're wrong, but I should test it again.

This is because you are looking at attacks with different multipliers and skills on top of it.

Without any skills, and with a 1x multiplier attack, 5 atk will give you 1 damage. It's roughly similar to the formula used back through PSU and PSO1, I believe, except the EVP/ATA missing chance section has been replaced with the wider damage variance experienced due to dex.

Zenobia
Aug 13, 2013, 01:24 PM
doing the VH new EQ has a pretty good chance for rare boss's to spawn (fought the rare bal blundal and the couger NX ACE but no 10*'s from them ._.)

Couagr NX and Cougar don't drop 10*'s at all.