PDA

View Full Version : Unit advice

sekkai
Aug 7, 2013, 05:57 PM
Since the requirements went down, what should a ra/hu or ra/fi invest? Can you guys suggest something?

Also is s def the more important factor? hp bonus? attack bonus?

Sorry for "newb" questions !

NeverDT
Aug 7, 2013, 06:01 PM
Vardha units are really easy to get, so I'd get those first and try to find some with decent affixes (soul, vinculum, mutation).

Later on you can switch to chrome if you prefer PP.

For affixing I'd do Mizer or Fang/shoot 3/spirita boost.

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2013, 06:37 PM
Vardha is the tankiest, with high S-Def and HP
Schlacht loses 45 HP but gains 3 PP, though the S-Def is the same as Vardha
Ragne loses 45 HP (gains no PP), has low S-Def but high R-Def, and has Strike Resist instead of Range Resist
Chrome loses 90 HP but gains 6 PP, has low S-Def but has high T-Def.
Black Luxe loses 115 HP but gains 22 PP, has slightly higher all-def than Chrome, but no Resist. Loses 45 Atk, but gains 40 Dex.

sekkai
Aug 7, 2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks for all the information!

I suppose the Elder set is too paper with the lack of s def to be used as an actual armor or i can cover that by using stamina affixs?

NeverDT
Aug 7, 2013, 09:00 PM
Not at all, and I wouldn't even use stamina affixes in any case unless you have the money to get to 4-5 affixes. (I say that having done Vol/power 3/stamina boost units in the past. Sigh)

But losing ~450 sdef is very noticeable, even if you only get hit occasionally, so look before you leap.

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2013, 10:30 PM
Yeah, the Elder set has 603 less S-Def and 165 less HP than Vardha, all for 15 PP and 15 Atk. Its R-Def and T-Def are really high, though.

milranduil
Aug 8, 2013, 12:20 AM
Having recently started dumping money into RA HU, Chrome units seem like the overall best units for the class (Haze set aside obviously). 3 PP per unit and you get S-Def, as opposed Elder units, and reasonably cheap to buy. I myself went straight for 4s, and because loldudu, just sniped some good deals for them. With Mizer/Shoot3/Spirita 2or3/Spirita Boost, I sit on 147 PP with no weapon equipped which is a good comfy area for HE spam on bosses. With 3+ PP on your rifle, you can get 5 HE off before you're out.

If you were godly with dodging any/all attacks Elder set would obviously be best, but I find RA dodge infuriating on a good day and suck at dodging anyways :3 One hit with elder set in AQ, and it's WAY more than your max HP if it's a physical damage attack. Ragne lightning won't do shitt to you though.

sekkai
Aug 8, 2013, 01:22 AM
Thanks for everything, you are all awesome!

Impotent Symptom
Aug 8, 2013, 04:57 PM
Sorry to take over the topic by I was wondering what set should I aim for as Fo/Te?

jcart953
Aug 8, 2013, 07:50 PM
Personally for my ra/hu I prefer the blitz set and the vent leg piece. Its a tad bit expensive for a 9* armor but for in return you get:

120hp
19pp
Strike Resist
Range Resist
8% dark resist
18% lightning resist
4% wind resist

I feel I get more flexibility to do whatever I want for my affixes and get more bang for my buck. Of course the downside is that you lose 45 r attack with vardha and a smidgen of hp but I believe the other stats help make up for it. The choice is yours though.