PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen During First Story Quest Chapter 1

Via_01
Aug 10, 2013, 07:09 PM
So I've been reading around to find an answer to my problem, but most black screen problems seem to be about the tutorial chapter, so...

Anyway, I unlocked the first story quest, with Afin and all that, but when I reach the girl lying in the floor the screen turns black. The bgm and the chat window is still there, but the screen is pitch black and nothing happens. I suppose a video should be playing there, but it doesn't, and then I need to restart the game.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does this have a solution?

EDIT: Forgot to add. I'm using the latest story patch, EN translation patch and Large Files.

pookaka123
Aug 10, 2013, 09:51 PM
So I've been reading around to find an answer to my problem, but most black screen problems seem to be about the tutorial chapter, so...

Anyway, I unlocked the first story quest, with Afin and all that, but when I reach the girl lying in the floor the screen turns black. The bgm and the chat window is still there, but the screen is pitch black and nothing happens. I suppose a video should be playing there, but it doesn't, and then I need to restart the game.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does this have a solution?

EDIT: Forgot to add. I'm using the latest story patch, EN translation patch and Large Files.

yup... same here.
it seems like there's either an error in the game or the english patch.
thanks for your post! i'm going to try remove the english patch and get past this error. it's my 3rd time now.........

oh and yes, i am also using all 3 english patches.

pookaka123
Aug 10, 2013, 10:22 PM
yeah, applying the original backup of the story files fixed the problem.