PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 So nobody has looked into NP1014?

cloud2479
Aug 11, 2013, 06:46 AM
Its a really annoying GameGaurd/nProtect error that constantly hinders gameplay. Does ANYBODY know how to fix it there are plenty of people that would love to start playing the game again ^^;
but im sure this post will get lots of views and only 2 replys saying they agree with me...
much like the one post that actually talks about it also: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210765

AlaskanKactus
Aug 12, 2013, 01:52 AM
I don't know much on the subject but from what I can tell its caused by another running program interfering with GameGuard. A lot of people like to have a bunch of programs run on startup so it could be any of those.
(They also never close these startup programs. If they do, the program simply minimizes to the tray)

Have you tried closing every running program (including background/tray ones) and then booting up PSO2?

cloud2479
Aug 12, 2013, 02:32 PM
I've tried that and no dice I still end up with the dreaded NP1014

AlaskanKactus
Aug 12, 2013, 07:38 PM
Well, If you can't find the issue then you could always reinstall your OS like AIDA said. I mean, if you really want to play that badly. It'll most likely solve the problem but who knows.

I'm running on a fairly fresh install of Windows 7 and I've never encountered the error, if that means anything.

cloud2479
Aug 12, 2013, 08:28 PM
Well to let you guys know I fixed it
I fixed it by completely deleting Game Guard
Not just the folder but the hidden files too:

npptnt2.sys
nppt9x.vxd

There usually in your system32 folder
Also delete the Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Ser vices\\NPPTNT2

I hope this helps others with my problem!:-D

renzorenz
Aug 12, 2013, 09:08 PM
Well to let you guys know I fixed it
I fixed it by completely deleting Game Guard
Not just the folder but the hidden files too:

npptnt2.sys
nppt9x.vxd

There usually in your system32 folder
Also delete the Registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Ser vices\\NPPTNT2

I hope this helps others with my problem!:-D

This I done it still not working for NP0/NP1002/NP1014.

Apparently from what I have found out. Other MMO gameguard can really screw your PC badly.

cloud2479
Aug 12, 2013, 09:15 PM
This I done it still not working for NP0/NP1002/NP1014.

Apparently from what I have found out. Other MMO gameguard can really screw your PC badly.

Well there is one thing I did after doing that I used Sophos Anti-Rootkit to scan for left over pieces of Game Guard

renzorenz
Aug 13, 2013, 03:39 AM
Well there is one thing I did after doing that I used Sophos Anti-Rootkit to scan for left over pieces of Game Guard

Sophos Anti-Rookit. Well I think that my last resort. Gonna try it out. Hopefully it will work like a charm.