PDA

View Full Version : Error 249, please help.

Itoshi
Aug 13, 2013, 06:04 AM
Hello PSO-World,

I'm looking for some help with an issue I've run into.

The past week I've been on a trip to China. During my downtime I've been playing PSO2. All has been well and good until yesterday, I tried logging in and I got stuck with error 249. Whenever I try to connect to the ships it takes awhile and brings up the list (all the ships are displaying unknown). Then when I try to connect, it just gives me error 249.

There is no problem with my connection that I can see. I've tried everything that I can possibly think of that I can do on my side. I'm staying in a hotel so resetting the internet really isn't possible, so that's one thing that I really haven't tried.

I'd definitely like to play again so if anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Aeris
Aug 13, 2013, 07:21 AM
Pretty much its got something to do with your connection with the servers as what with the error says, since you're in a hotel using their internet, you pretty much have to ask them about your issue since they control the ISP in the hotel.

Steel_hedgehog
Aug 27, 2013, 12:01 PM
I have the exact same issue with my Toshiba S55-A5274 laptop. Problem started 3 days ago.

I know it isn't my ISP, I have two gaming desktop computers here at my home connected to the same router that connect and play PSO2 just fine.

I have tried the following to remedy the problem, but to no avail:

1) I uninstalled and redownloaded PSO2. Still can't see ship status and still get Error 249.
2) Made exceptions for PSO2 in the firewall. Still having issues.
3) Thought it may be a recent change in the OS. Did a system restore to before the problem started. That didn't work.
4) Completely wiped and reinstalled the OS, redownloaded and reinstalled PSO2. Still having the issue.
5) Reinstalled wireless drivers from manufacturer of the wifi card, Atheros, not Toshiba. ARGH STILL NOT WORKING.

After all of that and having 2 gaming PCs here at home playing the game just fine, I'm starting to think there is some physical problem with my laptop.

Any suggestions, I'm desperate to get PSO2 working on my laptop again.

EDIT: I've tried running PSO2 with admin privileges, I'v tried running it in various compatibility modes, tried running a different working copy of PSO2 from an external hard drive from one of the computers that run it fine, and I've tried completely disabling firewall and virus protection. NOTHING WORKS. Starting to think it is a hardware issue, not software.

Steel_hedgehog
Aug 27, 2013, 01:12 PM
I feel terrible about posting this after I just said I had the same problem, but I've found the issue and it was something I should have checked earlier.

My wireless card is faulty.

I simply connected to a ethernet connection and PSO2 worked. I tried a Rosewill USB wireless adapter and it worked. I went back to the Atheros wireless adapter inside the laptop and it couldn't see ship status or login, giving me error 249. Oddly enough, I'm using the built-in wifi to login to PSO-World and type this now. Strange defect.

OP, if you're still having issues, try asking for a wired connection at your hotel and try logging on. Or, if that is not an option, buy a cheap USB wifi adapter and see if you can connect using that.

I hope your issue is with ISP and not a physical defect like in my case. I've only had this laptop 17 days and have to return it, which is a shame. Gonna miss having my PSO2 fix being portable.

Oh, and to anyone wondering how the laptop handles PSO2, avoid the GK208 version of Nvidia's GT 740m used in Toshiba laptops. It plays fine on setting 2, but and AA or higher shadow settings tend to make this framerate noticeably inconsistent while fighting. This is due to the 64-bit bus on this version of the video card and the slower DDR3 ram used.

Have a nice day guys.