PDA

View Full Version : Error 106 on patchlist.txt

Nightquaker
Aug 17, 2013, 04:46 AM
Hello there :3 I have a really weird error with a patcher of PSO2. The program doesn't seem to have a read/write access for its patch folder, despite me having the full administrator access to all properties of all folders and files on my PC, i double-checked it just in case, all permissions are fine. This error seems to be pretty common, though. The screenshot included describes it pretty well. http://i.imgur.com/TBYRpcq.png

The error states that there might be not enough space on HDD (not the case, including drive C that has 8 gigs of free space and 11 gigs of memory is free on drive D as well), user might not have required permissions for a folder (not the case) and because of that it cannot download the file patchlist.txt

NOTE: please, do not mention the ?????????? username, it's in russian and it is NOT the cause of the problem as I had this game installed before under that user and it worked just fine (that ?????????? translates as a Administrator, by the way).

UPDATE: I used a english setup of PSO2 and a Tweaker and it somewhat fixed a issue as I was able to launch a game, though, the PSO2 downloads folder in documents is still empty and error 106 still persists if I use a regular launcher. At first I got a NP1002 Game Guard error and it seems like Chrome was a reason for that and so I fixed it, now I am stuck at NP0. Any suggestions? I use the latest version of installer and a PSO2 Tweaker.

http://i.imgur.com/VlmX3Et.png

NOTE: please, don't mention reinstalling Windows, it is not worth it. Yes, I use a pirated Windows 64bit system, but PSO2 worked just fine on a pirated 32bit one before. Thank you for your attention.

UPDATE: NP1002 strikes back!!! After doing some troubleshooting actions (fixing permissions, .exe files, GameGuard errors and missing files) in Tweaker, the error NP1002 appears again, though, not all the time. And when it doesn't happen, NP0 takes the turn.

NOTE: As it was mentioned on the technical help forum, file npggNT.des does not accept any permissions.

Nightquaker
Aug 19, 2013, 01:01 AM
CODE: SUGGESTION - I found some information regarding GameGuard's NP1002 and NP0 errors. It didn't work for me, but it worked for numerous other players. You gotta fiddle with your OS's DEP (Data Execution Protection) setting. More precisely, you need to enable it. In order to do it, open up the Windows command prompt by hitting Windows key + R, run cmd.exe, in the command prompt type bcdedit /set nx ForceEnable to enable DEP. That can be a possible solution for errors mentioned above. AIDA, please, include it in your error guide thread. Thank you for your attention.

There are couple more suggestions:
1) Try reverting your Internet Explorer to version 8 from 9 by deleting IE9 in the "Installed updates" section of the Windows control panel.
2) Make sure that all the latest Windows updates are installed.
3) Go to the services tab and find out a location of GameGuard service. If it is different from usual gamemon location (private servers or different versions of some MMOs use individual location for GameGuard or individual launcher programs that can be related to GameGuard and location of its files), track the location and delete the GameGuard files from there or, alternatively, delete the anti-cheat/launcher program of the private server (if available). Afterwards, update the PSO2's GameGuard through Tweaker and you are good to go!