PDA

View Full Version : GC: vhard olga flow

Axon13
Apr 8, 2003, 03:30 PM
i've tried searching the forums for this topic but it has been down the past 3 days when i've tried. but i was wondering if anyone had any tips on beating vhard olga flow? the first form is a cinch, but it's the 2nd form i'm having trouble with. i don't know what to do when he turns me into flowen in both offline mp and in single player. any help would be appreciated.

Hunter_Daigoyin
Apr 8, 2003, 07:50 PM
I've faced VHard Olga, and that Flowen thing kills me. If you could hurt him during that, do it, even if you deplete your own HP (But that's just a theory). And he could use the Gaels on his shoulder like that for his quake move, therefore killing you without defenses! When the Gaels are moving around and drop things, and then charge up for quake, you can run into the dropped things to hurt yourself for temporary invulnerability from the quake move. Oh, and one last thing, bring 5 scape dolls MINIMUM! I had three and was killed, all lost at part 2.

Eclypse
Apr 8, 2003, 07:54 PM
The simplest way to beat him is to use your most powerful multihit weapon until he changes you and then you need to hit im with just enough force that it doesn't kill you so you can heal yourself. Secondly, get behind the rocks when it does that sword charge that spreads over the floor. If you are playing offline the best chance you have is to get some good mechs and work him from a distance and then go in close and use something with high ATP. Works for me all the time, and even better when you have a FO character online tha can keep you healed.

Axon13
Apr 8, 2003, 08:37 PM
cool thanks for the info guys, i'll try that next time

TeamPhalanx
Apr 8, 2003, 08:52 PM
Tad bit late but...

Ignore the other posts.

When it turns someone into FLOWEN, it's weakness will depend on weapon %. That is, it will be weak to either Native, A.Beast, Machine, or Dark. Only one of those will hurt Olga Flow. Best approach is to take two weapons into battle, covering all 4 %s. That way, if one weapon doesn't work, the other one is a sure thing. This always works.

Alternatively, it is weak against techs. Same concept as the %, except that it's weak to either foie, barta, zonde, or grants. Only one will hurt Olga Flow. However, this isn't always the case. I've had one instance where none of the four techs worked. I've no idea what happened - And no, I did not think to use megid, and I doubt it would have worked...

Anyway, since weapons do more damage, and the % approach is a sure thing, go with that approach (unless of course, you're a FOnewearl or something)

Axon13
Apr 8, 2003, 10:54 PM
so i should carry a weapon that has %'s and find one that works, but should i also do the hit/heal thing when i'm turned into flowen?

(btw, i'm a HUnewearl)

TeamPhalanx
Apr 9, 2003, 07:31 AM
This is how I do it (using it as an example)

L&K14 COMBAT - 20% Native, A.Beast, Machine
RED HANDGUN - 30% Dark

I use either weapon when it isn't glowing. When it is glowing only one of those weapons will work, because it is only weak to one of those %. If the RED HANDGUN doesn't work, I know for a fact that the COMBAT will work, since the COMBAT has % that the RED HANDGUN doesn't.

Ignore the comments about hit/heal. That's just nonsense. I don't why people make comments on topics when they don't have a clue themselves.

You are not hurting Olga Flow when you hurt FLOWEN. When you hurt Olga Flow, you will hear it, and you'll see it turn red for a fraction of a second. The three possibilities you can have when you attack Olga Flow are:

1) You hurt Olga Flow (This, obviously, is what you want to do)
2) You hurt FLOWEN (bad thing)
3) You hurt neither - You'll see a spark where you hit Olga (no progress)

Once you do enough damage to Olga Flow, it will turn back into its regular self.