PDA

View Full Version : Dupe terminology

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 8, 2003, 05:46 PM
Dupe(s): As noun: An item that was created by an exploit.
Dupe: As verb: To copy items using an exploit.
Dupp: Associated with "dupp connect" in Quakeworld. Some people use this term with the same meaning as "dupe", to make fun of gally001.
Duper/Dupper: Person who duplicates items.

Anyways, if you see a team name that says "No dupes", it means "no using duplicated items". It doesn't matter to some people if you were/weren't the person to create the items or not; they are most upset by how rare items are so common.

BurgerDog_
Apr 8, 2003, 06:40 PM
It's always funny when you tell someone to get out because you don't want duped items in the game and they reply with, "i didn't dupe them, im just using them". These fuckers think they're not doing anything bad, or are legit because they didn't dupe the items they're currently using.

Mystil
Apr 8, 2003, 06:43 PM
Yeah, rare items are so very common..that's why I still stick to my Twin Brand/H&S 25 Justice/Yamato...and don't wear pow mags of rare mags.

Players leave games when someone joins with a known duped item. I understand this action now, when I join a game..

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 8, 2003, 06:45 PM
BD said it just the way I wanted to X3.

RagMasterRappy
Apr 8, 2003, 07:44 PM
On 2003-04-08 15:46, wrote:
Anyway, if you see a team name that says "No dupes", it means "no using duplicated items"

That should have been a big "duh" for anyone who can read, but most people enjoy not paying attention to anything.

Sham
Apr 9, 2003, 07:17 PM
Anyways, if you see a team name that says "No dupes", it means "no using duplicated items".

hy-poc-ri-sy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pkr-s)
n. pl. hy-poc-ri-sies
1.) The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
2.) An act or instance of such falseness.

-dictionary.com

The team creator should also abide the team name. Unless you'd like to explain where you found the Invisible Guard that later made your Safety Heart which was clearly shown in a recent picture. Or the rumor of the God/Abilities you possess.

RagMasterRappy
Apr 9, 2003, 07:46 PM
On 2003-04-09 17:17, Sham wrote:

Anyways, if you see a team name that says "No dupes", it means "no using duplicated items".

hy-poc-ri-sy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-pkr-s)
n. pl. hy-poc-ri-sies
1.) The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
2.) An act or instance of such falseness.

-dictionary.com

The team creator should also abide the team name. Unless you'd like to explain where you found the Invisible Guard that later made your Safety Heart which was clearly shown in a recent picture. Or the rumor of the God/Abilities you possess.

Heh, I hate to tell you this, but conventional logic doesn't seem to apply here.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 9, 2003, 09:52 PM
I own every single duped item there is, but stick to my duped 80 hit vulcans online =^_^=. They are the originals, but were used to spawn the dupes X3.

RagMasterRappy
Apr 9, 2003, 09:58 PM
On 2003-04-09 19:52, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
I own every single duped item there is, but stick to my duped 80 hit vulcans online =^_^=. They are the originals, but were used to spawn the dupes X3.

That's still cheating. I don't think you can argue otherwise.

Sham
Apr 9, 2003, 10:08 PM
I'm unclear as to whether this "i mass duped the 80hit vulcans X3" stuff is to get attention, or to try and piss off legits. Either way, I couldn't care less.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 9, 2003, 10:09 PM
Wrong thread =^.-= This one is to educate people about the difference between "dupe" and "duper"

BeatZero
Apr 9, 2003, 10:33 PM
even commonly duped items ARE obtainable...ive been yelled at for using red mechguns at a low level, when they were given to me by a person that finds them all the time (only keeps the ones with hit %). i can understand wanting to be legit and using what you find, but theres no reason to start acusing other people of cheating when you hae no idea.

Wewt
Apr 10, 2003, 06:39 AM
On 2003-04-09 20:33, BeatZero wrote:
even commonly duped items ARE obtainable...

No fucking shit?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 10, 2003, 07:18 PM
"My double cannon isn't duped"
A double cannon made from duped lavis cannon and syncestas is... well... naughty X3.

BeatZero
Apr 10, 2003, 09:08 PM
On 2003-04-10 04:39, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

No fucking shit?

step off, i was simple stating something for people who may not know.

Wewt
Apr 10, 2003, 09:18 PM

How can they NOT know this? If people are duping items, then passing them out, don't you think it's common sense that the items that are duped the most are the easiest to obtain?

FluxGryphon
Apr 11, 2003, 04:00 AM
Before this turns into an all-out flame war, could we define more aspects of duping? I don't see the point in duplicating a weapon that is common to find...My Pinkal Force finds more Storm Wands than Fire Sceptors, and I'm more than happy to pass off the spare INDRA Wands to folks that don't have Pinkal characters.

Now how do you tell what is a duped item and what isn't? Speaking from a hypothetical technical perspective, is there some kind of code identity tagged to the item that is particular to a specific ID and specific time and specific critter? The case then for duped items would be that they all share the same code. Being able to read this code (to continue on the hypothetical existence of such a thing) would be the surest way to know what item is duped or not. But since this is hypothetical, how do you tell whether an item is duped or not? Answer: speculation. I don't understand why it's impossible for someone to have found a non-duped (i.e. "legit") Red Mechgun (for example). I've been in the presence of such a drop, as well as a Spread Needle. But then again, I don't play online with people I don't know/don't trust. Does the boast "I've got a legit [insert whatever rare weapon]!" come with disbelief only in an online scenario with shady or unknown people?

I'm gonna apoligize right now for any excess stupidtiy, since it's getting close to 2:00 a.m. and I'm starting to ramble. Rubber brain indicates bed time. Yesh.

BonusKun
Apr 11, 2003, 11:07 AM
On 2003-04-10 19:18, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

How can they NOT know this? If people are duping items, then passing them out, don't you think it's common sense that the items that are duped the most are the easiest to obtain?

OMG Hahahahah Jesus i swear it's like playing in an Ultimate Ruins team with everyone at level 150plus running down the long hallway to Falz and someone still says 'Boss'.

It's during those times that I just yell out 'Thank You Captain Obvious!!!