PDA

View Full Version : How should I use my FOmar?

HaLLa
Apr 8, 2003, 09:02 PM
Currently I am using him as a Force. Building a MIND mag, mind units, and a Hildebear cane.

I hear so many people saying about meleeing with them.

Should I get him some POW units, a pow mag, and decent weapon?

What is the best way to use them?

Should I mix the two?

I will prob end up changing back and forth between magic man and hell raiser (lol)

but I want all your feedback so I know what to do for now. Thank yas

s3rial_one
Apr 8, 2003, 09:05 PM
The FOmar can go either way, really, so don't be afraid to change up.

Personally, I focus on melee/support and using my attack techs in a support fashion (more for their status effects, than damage).

Orange_Coconut
Apr 8, 2003, 09:18 PM
If you do hand-me-downs offline to level up your character and get him to higher difficulties then I would go melee for a while until he can't handle it anymore. He does quite nicely wiping everything out with his "buff" skills. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Just make sure that he isn't lacking Technique wise, so when he's in harder difficulties he can go both ways.

Aicinue
Apr 9, 2003, 12:06 AM
I think that FOmar has ok atp (for a force) but crap defense and life... I dunno...

Thumbalina2k
Apr 9, 2003, 02:27 PM
it's totally 100% up to you on how you wanna make your character. You can always go with a mix, just a tech, or melee FO. All are great but it's up to you on what kind of player you want to portray

Joe-Azlin
Apr 9, 2003, 02:30 PM
my fomar is mainly magic and a lil bit of melee 2 fufill my hunter needs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif . i would go with w/e u like doing more but fomars r built for both so it depends on what u want.

Blenjar
Apr 9, 2003, 02:32 PM
Use mech with a FOmar man, you wont be sorry. FOmar eats fluid like drinkin' water..

Zae
Apr 9, 2003, 04:34 PM
i got a good idea dont use one at all

ancutcho
Apr 9, 2003, 09:19 PM
fomars are not that good offline but if u play online then he is a good support character. just raise a def/dex/pow mag because u will only need to use s/d/j/z and resta. first u should s/d to power up your team then j/z to make enemys weak then melee with your team to kill the monsters.

Sedyne
Apr 10, 2003, 04:52 AM
On 2003-04-08 19:02, HaLLa wrote:
Currently I am using him as a Force. Building a MIND mag, mind units, and a Hildebear cane.

Should I mix the two?

I will prob end up changing back and forth between magic man and hell raiser (lol)

If your going to be a FOmar....stick with either building all his pow, or all his mind with units early on. You should use materials later so that you can figure out just how you want him to be, more fo, or more meleeish....i'm just reached level 146 yesterday and now I can use magick and meleing to a pretty decent amount of damage. I've maxed out on all materials, but he's still kinda sucks. All his stats will be maxed at levle 200 too...kinda ....annoying >_>

Raziel_Kai
Apr 10, 2003, 06:13 AM
My brother started a FOmar last week and he's doing pretty well (he plays only a couple of hours per day and he has already beaten Vol Opt in Hard).
The surprising thing is: that Force looks a lot like Dante from Devil May Cry... which also explains the "Dante" name on the character -_-
Anyhow, he buffed the MAG on two areas: DEX and MIND... with a sprinkle of POW for the extra damage on the Mechguns (yep, mechguns... you can all see a pattern here).
On the skills department, he basically gave all the Tech disks from his RAcast's deposit and buffed the Force's abilities before the shop let him buy the med to high level disks.
That is one way to make a FOmar, I guess... a guntoting spellflinger if I saw one. ^_^

garian
Apr 10, 2003, 09:04 AM
I think this may answer alot of peoples queeries of a FOmar being any good at melee...See for yourself here :

http://www.ragol.co.uk/news/guides/EpuAkAukyVCqfpSIFh.shtml

Logical2u
Apr 10, 2003, 10:26 AM
On 2003-04-08 19:02, HaLLa wrote:

Should I mix the two?

If you want to multitask (IE Power and Magic) you can
1. Equip things like Knight/Power or General/Power
2. Get a mag, and raise to be a power mag.
3. I am not sure what a Hildebear cane is(havent had time to look). It casts Rafoie right? well keep it then unless YOUR rafoie is stronger then the special. Try a different weapon if its not what you want.

Foggy_Pete
Apr 10, 2003, 06:30 PM
On 2003-04-08 19:05, s3rial_one wrote:
The FOmar can go either way, really, so don't be afraid to change up.

im gonna avoid a flame war and put this as softly as i can.
a FOmar can go either way..but not well

Guardian_Force
Apr 10, 2003, 08:18 PM
I got a fomar and i used to use alot of techs in the lower lvs but since my ATP has grown i would stick with a decent pair of HIT% vulcans and a good POW mag