PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fic Darkers and Dragons. [update 25-7-14]

Sacrificial
Aug 19, 2013, 03:01 PM
First i'd like to say I really enjoy reading all other fanficts here on my cell phone and it is a really good way to spend time waiting on something. That being said, I felt like contributing a fanfict too. I, however have newer written anything like a story before, except for some minor school work and that was not even in English. I have a few parts ready to put here on the forum. I'm not sure how long it will take for others after those parts.
I've written everything on my cellphone as I've allot of time waiting for trains....
My grammar is far from first class and I ran a quick typo/spelling check on it. But it might not be enough so if you see something that really twists the meaning please note it so I can edit it.
All character names are either made up or players that have given approval(in a way). I still lack a title for this fanfict.
A big first one to launch my new hobby. Also big wall 'o text because I don't get these spoilers to work here in this forum....

Navigation. [updated 26-6-2015]

[SPOILER-BOX]Prologue.
part2 (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3029101&postcount=2)
part3 (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3030994&postcount=4)
Arc Ambduscia
chapter 1
part1 Flashback (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3037424&postcount=6)
part2 Hell sets loose (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3044558&postcount=7)
part3 Broken Defences (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3051809&postcount=8)
part4 A step backwards (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3059112&postcount=9)
chapter 2
intro If only... (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3077968&postcount=13)
part2A new beginning (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3102548&postcount=17)
part 3Faulty logic? (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3127996&postcount=19)
part4Briefing (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3145626&postcount=25)
part5Departure (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3168736&postcount=29)
Chapter 3
Caves (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3183946&postcount=33)
Dragons (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3255402&postcount=41)
Encounter (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?212237-Darkers-and-Dragons-update-25-7-14&p=3280240&viewfull=1#post3280240)
The few last hours part1 (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?212237-Darkers-and-Dragons-update-25-7-14&p=3383463&viewfull=1#post3383463)
loading the next part

Side story 1 (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3217073&postcount=37)

[/SPOILER-BOX]

Part one. Prologue
[SPOILER-BOX]
"Mo...........mori............Moriah............M.. ..rai......w....ke. up.....Moriah, wake up. Moriah, wake up!" "uuuunn? Dad?" "Moriah!" " Dad, what's wrong," "Moriah, there's no time to explain. Get dressed!" "It's only six in the morning." Moriah replied while yawning. "Get dressed, here" Moriah's father said, when he tossed some clothes at her. The set she wore yesterday. A sleeveless dark green shirt with a print on it and a matching medium-long skirt. He stopped moving for a few seconds,then threw a pair of jeans, saying it would be better for the situation then a skirt. "Moriah.. downstairs... one minute." Moriah nodded and yawned another time. "geez" she said while getting dressed. Moriah's father was waiting in the hallway. "I said one minute, lady. Now get your shoes on we need to hurry" "Dad,how about breakfast?" asked Moriah as she pulled on her shoes. "We don't have time for that" He opened the door. Moriah's eyes went wide open, clearly showing her duman family trait. A right purple eye colour and a left brown one. She couldn't believe what she saw outside. "Let's go" she heard.
As her father pulled her across the street, Moriah wondered what was going on. Some buildings were burning, some were collapsed She saw more people were running. "dad?" " shh not now Mor, keep running" "But I'm tired." As they passed a crossroad Moriah noticed that she had never been in this area before. They stopped a moment to catch breath. It looked like a small shopping area, a clothing store on her left, next to a bakery. on her right a pharmacy and a small convenience store. "Let's hurry up." Moriah's father made motion to run again, Moriah protested first but still ran. A bit further was a stone squire with in the middle something that was supposed to look like a statue and in each corner a tree. It would have been a nice spot to eat lunch if it was not for the fact that a car had crashed in the statue and the wounded people around it. They heard a scream behind them. A young man shouted "Run, they are coming!" Although Moriah couldn't see his face, he seemed afraid. "who is they?" Moriah asked. As she focused her eyes she saw something black. It was as big as the young man they were chasing, they ran on four spiky legs. Her father answered: "Those are Darkers, Mor. It's what this ARKS fleet has been fighting against for years." I' ll try to explain a bit more later but let's run away for now." " O-okay." Meanwhile the Darkers caught up to the young man... he got stabbed to death.
10 minutes later.

"Damned we can't pass this!" The road was blocked by deserted cars. A small group decided to climb on the cars and continue on top of them. They progressed slow but steady. More people decided to join them. Others tried to find a way around by going through alleys. "Mor, let's go this way" said Isaï as he pointed towards an alley on the left. " dad? Can't you just beat those things up? You are from the ARKS too right? And you have your katana with you." It was a long alley with turns to the left and right. There were cross points with some times a locked gate or a fence at the end. Isaï stopped running for a brief moment and said. "No..... I can't even hope to stand a chance against this many and protect you at the same time Moriah. Even if they are just common soldier class Dagan." He ran again. He saw the exit." Oh, so if I was not he.....kyaaa." Moriah tripped over trash in the alley, crashing into two garbage cans. Which made obviously alot of noise. "uuch...... ew gross."
Suddenly a few Dagan appeared in the opening of the ally. First one. Then two..... three...... four. .......five....six.....zeven.
Luckly only two Dagan could fit in the alley side by side. This would mean they would come in waves. Moriah's father went into his combat stance, left hand on the scabbard, right arm ready to draw. The Dagan came closer, first at walking speed, but soon they charged. The first Dagan raised it's right leg, ready to strike, while it continued to move with the other three. Once it was close enough it striked it's deadly leg that could pierce steel with ease. The attack was not fast enough, because Isaï could dodge without effort and started his counter attack. His right hand gripped his katana firmly and drew it and attacked at the same time. A quickdraw. Which slashed of the attacking Dagan's left leg, just under a joint, causing it to tumble and exposed it's core. There was no time to hit it....yet. He first slashed upwards to the second Dagan. The cut was deep enough to damage the core. The blade striked downward, stabbing the first Dagan right in the middle if it's core.It all happened in a fluent motion. "That's two down" he said with showing any sign of effort. He pulled out his katana from the dead Dagan and slashed towards the third Dagan that crawled over the Dagan corpses. The Dagan however jumped to initiate it's own attack, making the katana just schratch the tip of it's leg. Isaï barely dodged and had to give ground to the Dagan swarm. As corpses filed the alley, Isaï had less space to move and resulted in losing ground again.
More Dagan kept appearing at the alley.
Moriah was looking how her father was fighting the Dagans, proud and amazed by the number he had slain, afraid that he might tire down and being overrun. "Moriah! Run back! Continue over" *gnnn* he grunted as he guarded against an attack. "Continue over the cars. I'll follow shortly. There are too many of them here. "B-but..... " "GO!" "You promise?" "GO AlREADY!"Moriah was cried. She should go back, no, she had to, her father told her so. She always listened to him. ...But she couldn't just leave him... "What if... NO, I shouldn't think that" while shaking her head and she started running.
Almost at the starting point she stopped and looked back, she saw nothing. She turned and saw someone sitting against a car. "Hey! Please mister! Can you help me!".....No response. Moriah walked closer and tried again "Hey! Please....my dad..... h-he.." she stopped. A Dagan crawled behind the car. It looked different though. It seemed twice as big as Moriah and it was slightly brown, maybe red She gasped." O no. nonono it can't be". Tears showed again on the already red swollen eyes, small droplets hit the dirty ground. Moriah gathered her last strength and ran back towards her father to warn him, that the only other exit was overrun too. Meanwhile Isaï was heading towards the meeting point. For some reason the Dagan he was fighting, stopped charging. They waited or only crawled slowly towards him. He ran as fast as he could. Although it would seem little more than walking. His leg had a deep wound, which made it difficult to run. His arms were covered in cuts. And he couldn't see properly as some blood as came into his eye. But he was stil alive that was al that mattered now. He could still for fill his promise. "Moriah, I'm coming.... It won't...... take long." The Dagans still followed slowly, because they knew their prey couldn't escape. Moriah saw her father. "Dad!" "Moriah?!" said Isaï. "What are you doing here? DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO GO AHEAD?!" as he burst out in anger. Moriah who was still crying relied:"I couldn't t-those things were out there too.One that was even bigger than the others." "What?!" Isaï forgot the anger he felt towards his daughter. Then he saw what she ment. Where two Dagan could fit before was now a huge red-brown Dagan filling the alley. "Shit!, a Nero!" shouted Isaï. A Nero-type in front of them and normal Dagans behind them, closing in. The Nero vibrated his strengthened wings and shot a negative photon spike towards Moriah. Isaï pushed her away and got hit in his left shoulder. "Ack!" Blood splurt out of the wound the moment the spike passed through, it continued to bleed. "DAD!" Moriah screamed while trying to get back up, after being pushed. A Dagan charged and tackled Isaï, who still wasn't recovered from the spike's impact and knocked him down. His katana fell from his hand. The katana landed in front of Moriah. She tried to pick it up and help her father. "hnnnnn... It's too heavy..." The katana fell to the ground. She now tried to push it as hard as she could towards her father. It moved. Isaï could pick it up. The Nero was now standing behind her, she felt it was. The Nero raised a leg, ready to strike. It all happened to fast for Isaï to react. Moriah closed her eyes. "It's over" she thought. She could hear her father shout her name, tell her to move. She couldn't. She was frozen by fear. She felt wind, followed by a sharp pain. Moriah fell on the ground... And she felt something warm.

End part 1[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sacrificial
Aug 23, 2013, 11:27 AM
part2. I used lines between most conversation parts and non conversation. Also unavoidable double post....

[SPOILER-BOX]"Ladies and gentlemen of the ARKS." Said a spokesman. "I welcome you all to the second development and progression presentation." "As you all know, we, the Military COREporation better known as MCORE, have taken the request for new frontliner CAST." "What we need on the frontlines is: ONE! Manpower and SECOND! Firepower." The spokesman continued:"We all know the development of the first CAST cast away our manpower problems. The discovery of photons solved our lack of firepower against the Darkers."

The spokesman took a sip from the glass of water that was standing on a platform coloured like the stage. He continued his speech: "BUT we still lack armors that can be customized, we have no MBT's to support the ARKS groundforces and our ships are far from perfect." "This is where MCORE comes in." "Last time you have seen the basic frame, the core." "Now we have developed it further. This CAST model will become the backbone on the frontlines."

Is what the spokesman proclaimed.

"One of the chief researchers will now give specifications, Dr. Ysgol.

A man in a white labcoat came upon the stage. He had grey hair, what was left of it. Meanwhile a CAST was coming up from an elevator beneath the stage. It only didn't look very humanlike as most humans preferred, sure it was bipodal and you could see arms, but that was it.The ARKS public looked shocked. It was a big CAST, Lilipan mech white coloured, very bulky, two to three humans wide. This was not what shocked the public, the place where hands were supposed to be were now huge yellow claws, big enough to surround an average human.

Dr. Ysgol began to speak: "I see you all have noticed to claws,yes? But I leave the talk for weaponary for later,yes? The Core model you see now is equiped with our Heavy class armor, it uses our Photon Reactive Armor plating. PRA calculated the impact point from any photon based weapon incoming, creating a shockwave and flings the plating in that area apart. The plating absorbs much of the incoming energy and the photon cloud disrupts the structure of the incoming photon weapon, be it a blade or a projectile. The armor itself is build from the same material as CAST today meaning production can be carried out by any ARKS factory."

Some ARKS in the public clearly showed approvel as this would mean the production cost could be reduced significant. Dr. Ysgol continued:

" This Core model can also be equiped with Medium-type and Light-type armor depending on the Core's role in the battlefield. For example Heavy armor would restrict effective use of small machineguns, while Light armor would suffer from a launchers kickback. The ability to easily change armor and equipment made us name this model MultiCore. MultiCore can switch to a scan mode and a battle mode. The scan mode has IR, a Tactical Photon Reconnaicence system, improved HUD and acces to the ARKS database that shows traits of known creatures. The battle mode focuses all energy on the mainsystem and shuts down all unnececery programs, thus improving movement and processing speed. The head contains long range optics perfect for the intended artillery role. The legs have two low energy consumption boosters."

"Now last but not least the weapons, MultiCore's main weapon is a launcher that can fire our High Explosive Photon Grenades, so far HEPG has proven as an effective shell against Darkers, It will carry five explosive decoys and a set of cluster missiles." An optional secondary would be small arms like a short barrel short stock rifle, a small machinegun or a pistol. For CQC we have these Phyteuma wired lances , however these are our own choi-.......

EMERGENCY..........EMERGENCY...... A loud siren echoed repeating that one word. EMERGENCY........EMERGENCY..... A small panic arised from the crowd. EMERGENCY...EMERGENCY.......A female voice came through the intercom :

"Traces of Darker infection spotted in colonial city 045, all ARKS in section 1-6 and 11-19 are to be send out." I repeat: "Traces of Darker infection spotted in colonial city 045, all ARKS in section 1-6 and 11-19 are to be send out."

Dr Ysgol spoke with a broad smile: "Well then ladies and gentlemen what is better than live action as presentation? We shall send out MultiCore as wel..... yes we shall!"

The elevator started going down, hiding MultiCore under the stage bit by bit. The headresearcher ran off aswell. Ysgol ran to the researchlab that was 400 meters away from the stage area. He still had a smile on his face as he said to himself: "test run~"

Suddenly he stopped near a console. He pressed some buttons and said "Commander,yes? "Dr Ysgol here from MCORE. I have a CAST ready for city 045, include it in the operation, yes?"

Before he got approval he closed the console and continued to run. Once he got at the lab he only saw one female researcher.

" Ah May!" "Yes professor?" "Did MultiCore arrive yet, no?" May replied: "He just arrived professor,but wasn't he supposed to be at the presentation?" "yes, indeed."

The doc smiled again.

"It will be presentated, yes. It will join the operation in city 045!" "B-but professor!" "He isn't ready yet! MultiCore is still missing personality software and we haven't finished the communication device either. Then there is still the advanced movenement system failure we are trying to get rid of for two weeks now. And... And.."
"Get a basic communication on it, it doesn't need the whole dictonary or manners! It's a machine! Ysgol interrupted.B-but. "May.......the most important thing is we can test the PRA armor,no? Did you forgot we use CAST only to get approval for research? Yes,it will be a small sacrifice for the data we can get. May, get the custom pisastian with foie generator, unit deployment will start shortly."
"Y-yes, professor"said May as Dr Ysgol walked away.

When May came back with the pisastian, she put it on the nearest table and turned to MultiCore. She started talking to the still lifeless CAST." For the professor you might just be a machine, but for me...."

She looked around to make sure no one was around then she removed an armorplate on the body. Some kind of hatch was now visible, she opened it. A small controlpanel was behind the hatch, May pulled out a small device out of her labcoat and plugged it into the controlpanel. "It might not be the best quality, but it should be enough to understand this world and addapt to it."

After a minute she unplugged the device and hid it in her labcoat, she then turned to the hatch, closing it and while she was reattaching the armorplate Ysgol walked into the room.
"Transport is here, the machine is ready,no?" "Yes, professor MultiCore is ready."[/SPOILER-BOX]

yoshiblue
Aug 23, 2013, 03:59 PM
Like the new improvements. Will be interested in the upcoming prototype CAST city battle. As for a title, could go for something based on the ending or the climax.

Sacrificial
Aug 27, 2013, 09:18 AM
Last part of the prologue. I stretched the lines even further this time for easier reading. It results in an even bigger wall 'o text though.

Activating mainsystem........mainsystem activated.
Checking mainsystem.....
Booting up "birth" program.
Race:Cast
type:MultiCore S.A.C.
Registering data.
Checking mainframe parts.....head.....body......arms....legs......
Mainframe checked. All green.
"!"
Checking subsystems....
"?!"
"*+e>§? w[]%#§?"
Initiating communication system.
"What? This what is.?"
Installing basic knowledge and learning software.
"Dark.... so dark, what is this?
Enable optics........start HUD.
"Ah, where is this?
checking scanmode....TPR...green
checking battlemode....energy flow correct.
"A window....."
Entering normal mode.
full control given to the Cast.
"I can move?" I saw a big object in front of me. "My arm?"
Welcome to the world. End of 'birth program'.
"Birth.....program? Ah, a window." I started moving towards it.
My first steps I realised. As I look outside I see a view I have never seen before,which wouldn't have been weird since I have just been 'born'. Yet I mumbled: "a city".I looked outside,everything looked small down there. It looked nice, but there was something wrong compared to my database. I focused my 'eyes'.
I saw fire in the far distance. White smoke rising above it. The floor started to tilt towards where I was standing. I lost my still small, sense of balance and crashed into the window with a loud "thud". My vision disorted for a brief moment when i hit my head.

"Aye, just born 'n already makin' noise 're ya!"
I turned towards the voice, a man's voice. I saw the back of two seats, a controlpanel and a window.
"Over here" An arm was waving behind the left seat. "Who are you?" I asked. The man relied: "One should introduce himself first before askin'. " Oh, sorry. I'm MultiCore a S.A.C. type Cast. And you are?" The man grinned." I was just messin' with ya. I'm Bron the pilot of this ship, my ship. So don't try to break it if ya fall again." "Eerh ok." I said, not sure what to do.

Bron started talking again." Ya might be a 'born' Cast but I sure hope ya know what yer mission is."

I checked my files and found a missionlog tittled: S.A.C. testrun. I opened the missionlog. Primairy objective, save and protect civilians, rendez-vous LZ. Secondary objective neutrolize any Darker infections.

"I know my mission. How far until my designated area?" "Bout three clicks. It's yer first mission 'n a testrun so yer wont be headdin' far into infected area. So better check yer gear, wouldn't want to get a malfunction don't ya."

And so I checked my gear. My main weapon seemed to be a pisastian, a rather sleak looking launcher in my opinion. It was designed to be fired and used as an assault rifle, but it was classified as a launcher.
It held a nine sized box magazine, my ordinance: 35mm HEPG shells. I had two spare clips, so twenty seven shots. Which would probably more than enough for my first mission and a rate of fire that would let me shoot a bit faster than other launchers. The pisastian seemed to be customized with a foie generator, so I also had an alternative firing mode.

My HUD showed a pair of wired lances for CQC in my rear weapon bay. I tried one onto my left arm. The wired lance attached on my arm with bolts and yellow photon claws appeared where normally fingers should be. My HUD displayed a change in my mainframe, my left arm had become longer and my hand displayed a claw. I tried to move my hand but the claw moved instead. "Sweet." I detached the wired lance from arm and reattached it on my back in the CQC bay.

"One click remaining" Bron said. "Why am I the only one here for this mission?" I asked.

"Cause like I said earlier yer a 'newborn'. Ya get a easy objective to get a hang of it, ya know."
"But wouldn't someone to assist me be better then?"
"Now don't ya start lookin' down on me. I'm the one that helps ya, airsupport 'n all. This baby can ..... WOW gotta be kiddin' me. Better hold on to somethin' Multi. This gonna be rough."

The ship made a sharp downward turn. I was just fast enough to brace myself or I would be flying into a wall again.

"Bron,what's going on?!" I asked rather panicked.

"Kartago's tryin' to harm my baby."

I looked outside the window on my right. Red beams going past the ship almost hitting one of the engines.

Bron raised his voice."We won't let you! C'mon baby. Return fire! *Brrrrrrrrrrrt* *Brrrrrrrrrrt*

I heard a vulcan fireing a few salvo's. "One down! 'Nother notch!"

The ship tilted to the right, making half a U-turn. I could see the streets from another angle now. I turned on my scan mode. Meanwhile Bron continued his actions.

"Take this!" *Brrrrrrrrrrrt*

I spotted something using my TPR."Bron, I scan a weak ARKS signal and a civilian."

"What?! Where I see nothin' on my radar."
"C3 ,near those buildings. Drop me off, we are near my designated area anyway."

Bron replied: K, I'll lower altitude near that buildin'. Ya got ten seconds to jump, some kartago still wanna hurt my baby Multi."

"Roger" I said. "Keep in touch through the com."

The ship's back hatch started to lower. "six" I grabbed my pisastian and walked to the ledge. "four, hurry up." I looked for a good spot to land on the roof. "two". I jumped. Even before I landed the ship swayed away. It started climbing again in height while still sending bursts of bullets flying. There was a static from my comunication device.

"Multi, I gotta leave this area , to much kartago, take'm out on yer way to the LZ,over."

I walked towards the edge of the roof. My scanmode still showed my two objectives and a fair amount of Darkers. Dagans as my database showed me.

"hmm, mostly slashes with it legs or tackles. Some Dagan can fly and shoot negative photon spikes. Great......." I checked my pisastian one last time. "safety...off. Ok, entering combat."

--Entering battlemode.--

My blue scanning grid dissappeared from my HUD and I got combat information in return, my body status, energy flow and ofcourse my ammunition. I immediatly used my legs boosters when I jumped down to reduce the landing impact given my weight and the building's height. The stones in the alley still cracked though.

A little girl was in front of me, her eyes closed and kneeling. She had light brown hair and small, hardly noticible horns sticking out. A Duman. Behind her a red Dagan twice the child's size,ready to slash down. I reacted as fast as my system allowed shoving the girl away.
I heard a faint snapping sound and the Dagan missed it's slash. I aimed the pisastian with my free arm and activated the foie generator, a huge continues flame burst out, frying the Dagan in front of me. It's shrieks were too soft to hear above the burning flame.
I released the trigger after a good 10 seconds and turned 180 degrees. I saw a middle aged man fighting against more Dagans. He was wounded and bleeding. His left arm was hanging numb and I could he had trouble standing on his right leg. I noticed an ARKS emblem on his outfit.

I readied my launcher and shot three times into the Dagan crowd, my third shell missed and hit the wall near the end of the alley. "damned". The wall collapsed, blocking off the entrance. "Oh well good enough" I wanted to fire a fourth HEPG,but the man could've been caught in the blast, as the remaining Dagans were alot closer now.
The man faced me now, looking surprised where the shots came from. He now looked slightly towards my right, his expression changed.A worried face.

"Moriah!"

He shouted and stumbled towards the little girl, that lay curled up on the ground and ignored the Dagans closing in behind him. I rushed forward using the pisastian as a battering ram, when it made contact with a Dagan I pulled the trigger making the shell explode at point-blank. The blast radius didn't do much to me considering my weight and thick armor.

Three Dagan remaining. I shot a shell at each of them. When the dust and smoke cleared,I saw one Dagan still alive, crippled but alive. My ammo display showed 2/9.
I didn't feel like wasting one shell on that thing and then having to waste another,because reloading after the last shell would be a risk I couldn't afford. So I walked to the Darker,slowly,then I crushed that thing under the weight of my launcher. I had to repeat bashing into it with my stock to make sure it was dead.

Darkers sure are tough againt non-photon based attacks. Some of the older Dagan corpses started to dissolve.

--Combat ceased, entering scan mode.--
I turned towards the man, who was on his knees next to the girl. I rested the pisastian on my shoulder and moved towards them. Once I got closer I noticed the girl's arm bend in a way that shouldn't be possible for Dumans.
Heck, even I couldn't make my arm do that.

The girl started to talk. "Dad....it hurts... my arm, I can't move it." "It's broken." Her father answered."How? Did the Dagan hit you sweethart?" The girl shaked her head.
I stepped in. "I guess I did it, when I pushed her out of the way."

"Can't be helped, atleast you saved my daughter. A bone can heal,a life cannot." The man said. " Ah, I'm Isaï and this is my daughter Moriah."

"MultiCore, S.A.C. type Cast.

There was a short silence. Isaï broke it." I suppose you don't have some kind of painkiller or a monomate?"

"I'm afraid I have not,but we better start moving towards the LZ. We can't go that way anymore so we have to make a small detour." I said while pointing at the collapsed wall. " I can carry either the girl or you."

"Take Moriah."

"K" I lifted Moriah with two hands and placed her on my shoulder,carefull,I didn't want to break more than that arm. Once she sat, Moriah said:" What about you dad? Can you walk with that leg?"

"I'm fine sweethart."

And so we moved on to the LZ. Isaï was following me slowly but fast enough. He was using his sword as a walkingstick for support. On the way I found out that Moriah was eight summers old, halfway to nine. She wanted to join the ARKS like her dad and master the combat arts of her Duman clan.
Normally speech was limited or prohibited behind the enemy lines but I figured I had to releive the tension in the air.

She talked to me as if I was an adult even though she was by far eight years older than me. I guess thats one of the priveleges Cast have,not being bound by time. Having an adult mind and body from the start we are born, until the moment we cease to function.

Moriah still was in pain, but she was good in not showing it in my opinion. We neared a crossroad, one turn to the right, 1100 meters, then left and we were near the LZ. I turned right and my scanmode kept tracking,locking and marking a big amount of Darkers.

"I'll be damned."

I used my communication device. "Bron, I could use some airsupport! A5." A static came."Aye,can't do Multi still Kartago in there,take 'm down 'n I'll be there."

And so I stared at my marked targets. Two big Darkers with caterpillar legs and shooting red beams in the sky. Kartago's I figured, rest Dagan.

"Moriah, get off and take cover." I said while I lowered myself.

"Will you be alright?" She asked.

I pretended I didn't hear it and took off. I was nearing my firing range. "Entering combat mode".
I was in range so I shot two HEPG shells. Red words appeared in my vision.

--0/9 Please Reload.--

So I did. I looked at the Kartago I shot.

Nothing.

I shot another shell,no effect again. I heard Isaï shouting from behind.

" The back! Aim for it's back!"

The first Kartago had turned towards me, it's deadly beam was aimed at me. For some reason it shot the ground first and then the beam moved in my direction as if it wanted me cut in half. The attack went so fast I couldn't react at all,the beam was already in front if me.

Luckly for me, me PRA kicked in. The PRA split appart sending out photon waves and pieces of armor plating. I still got hit though, but the damage was only a thin melted armor line instead me being cut in half.

I activated my boosters and moved in a circular arc while shooting my pisastian magazine empty. I took out a couple of Dagan as well as the Kartago. I tried to do the same thing again on the second one but stopped halfway because this Kartago actually tried to dodge and shield himself.

"Four shells left,this has become tricky."

The Kartago shot another beam, I had to make an evasive roll,which would've probably looked stupid if you consider my size and bulky armor. I decided to use my wired lances. I put my launcher on my shoulder bay and took out my claws from my rear bay. Bolts shot into my arms linking the Phyteuma to my system.

The yellow photon claws appeared. I slashed at a nearby Dagan with my left then I launched my right wired claw clearing up a path towards the Kartago. I activated my boosters again, maximum thrustpower. I raised my voice to my com.

"BRON!! YOU BETTER BE THERE!!"

The Kartago began charging its beam. I swung my arms as if I wanted to sandwich the Darker and fired my lances,my clawed hands.

--Warning, energy level depleting rapidly.--

The swinging motion landed my claws on the Kartago's core. I discharged my static electricity, that followed the lances wires straight to the Darker's core. The Kartago got fried.

--Warning, energy below critical level,restricting movement untill restored.--

And that was the catch of everything. I could only watch as the Dagans crawled closer. I heard a girl's scream, then my name but I couldn't turn.

"Come on."

The Dagans were way to close now.

"Come on. Where...." *Brrrrrrrrrrrrt* *Brrrrrrrrrrrrt* *Brrrrrrrrrrrrt*

The sound I was hoping for. I could hear bullets fly around my body. I could see asphalt from the street kicking up, Dagans in front of me falling lifeless to the ground. *Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt* Now I felt a PRA plate activating. A static came from my com.

"Airsupport at yer service. Jokes aside start movin' away already. I might give collateral damage."

"I can't yet my energy level is still not enough." I replied. "And you just DID hit me."

*Brrrrrrrrrrrrt* *Brrrrrrrrrrrrt*

"Well yer just a big target, even among those Darkers,over"

Another static."Damned Bron."

--Energy above critical level, returning movenement control.--

I switched on scanmode for a brief moment to see how many of the earlier marked targets were still alive and where they were on the advanced grid from scanmode,then I switched back to battlemode.

*Brrrrrrrrrrrrt* Airsupport still here. I turned 120 degrees,facing a group of three Dagan. There was another small group south-east from me and I had the feeling Bron would take care of that.

This time I didn't use my boosters while attacking,my energy level still wasn't enough to try something big and I sure didn't want to play a living statue again. I walked to the Dagans that were also crawling to me. Once in range I began to shoot and retract the Phyteuma and kept them moving in a figure eight. If the Dagans managed to get closer, I stepped back. Did they back off, I moved in.

I played it save, utilizing the reach the best I could while slowly cutting,slicing and hacking the Darkers to death. When one Dagan was left I flung my right arm back and made a downward swinging motion, nailing the Dagan to the ground.

There was one last *Brrrrrrrrrrrrt* before I heard the static. It was Bron.

"Area clear MultiCore and I don't see any sign of Darker up ahead. I see ya at the LZ,over."

"Roger."
--Combat ceased, entering scan mode.--

I walked back to where I left Moriah and Isaï. On the way the bolts from wired lances unlocked,so I replaced them in my rear bay. I must say that I learned fine, advanced movenement after this point. My normal hands were so much easier to control than those crude claws. I could easily pat Moriah on the without breaking something.

She looked so shocked when I walked around the corner. I must have looked horrible. All those lose leftover PRA plates, the cracks, the dents, that half melted vertical line,which was actually my only true damage to my mainframe. That would need some repairs. So I told Moriah it was nothing to worry about. I found out that explaining and convincing people was troublesome. Another thing learned.

"So you really are fine?" Moriah asked for the umpteenth time. "No, I lied. My mainsystem was greatly damaged,so I might shut down anytime." Moriah gasped and looked to Isaï,who was smiling faintly, then looked back to me.

My first joke....or is it sarcasm? I'll have to search my files for the answer when this mission is done. "So lets go." I said. The last few hundreds meters to the LZ went smooth. No Darkers, I didn't find any other people in my search area though.

--Mission complete, returning to normal mode.--

Before parting away with Isaï and Moriah, they had me promise to visit them in the hospital.
My first promise and it caused me trouble. The hospital doors........ they were too small, the hallways...too small. Luckly I fit in the elevator. I had to move sideways, docters and security had to push me inside Moriah's room.

When I finally was inside, I saw Moriah chuckle and then laugh. It surely was satisfying to see her smile, hear her laugh. So far I had only seen destruction.

Moriah's arm could be healed within a week with advanced technology. Isaï however was less lucky, some kind of muscle in his leg was damaged badly, even when restored it wouldn't been strong enough. Normal walking was possible maybe even running with proper assisted training.

He was not suitable for ARKS missions anymore but he didn't mind that. "To risky leaving my daughter alone." he said. Isaï became an instructor teaching ARKS students how to wield a katana and passing on the family arts to Moriah.

The multi layered armor and PRA was a succes. However my creator was caught commiting fraud , so the corporation got lifted and the multicore project got halted.

I said halted but production never really started, expect me and the prototype armor sets nothing else was build. There were blueprints from my mainframe and my armor sets in my datafolders so I guess a certain benefactor had expected something to happen.

Thanks to that I could repair myself and make new PRA. After research I found out it was rather expensive to make so I needed a job. Luckly I had gotten a recommendation to join the ARKS and so I did.

And so my tale in the universe begins.

MultiCore type S.A.C.
Male Cast
Ranger
ARKS[/SPOILER-BOX]

PS: I really enjoyed writting this part and ending of the proloque. Future chapters will revolve around planet Amduscia and the dragonkin. Thats why dragons in the title <.< *cough* I hope those who read this fanfict also enjoying it so far and comments are always welcome as it may help me improve my work.
PSS: Spoilers why don't you work (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ [SPOILER]┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

o0Kais0o
Aug 28, 2013, 06:58 AM
Good idea you have here, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Sacrificial
Sep 7, 2013, 06:14 AM
Update later than i planned myself, but here is the first chapter in the Ambduscia arc.

[SPOILER-BOX]ARKS Oracle fleet
MultiCore/Cast
Somewhere in the universe.

It is almost ten years since I was 'born'. It has been awhile since I have been so busy. I have not seen any form of action for atleast a week now. Maybe longer. I have been a leech since that accident,living on my team's expenses or from friends.
Stupid dragons. I never really hated dragonkin, heck even now I still respect them.

Most of my missions I've spend on Ambduscia. The higher ups didn't like to send me to Naberius. Stuff with forest fires and my flamethrower. Atleast I made sure the Darkers in that area were dead.
I smiled-not that it could be seen- thinking back at that huge fire. And I didn't really like planet Lilipa myself. Those Lilipans.... stupid rabbids.

And those mechs. They remind me of myself, I have the same colour sceme. In my early days working for the ARKS I received more friendly fire than mechs attacked me. So now if I have to do missions or gather mech materials I only pick those who know me.

One of the biggest downsides of not being involved in Lilipa is that I'll never be able to get close to that caseal,one of the headresearchers you often see on the newsboards when she discovers something. Furie..... Yea,I think that was her name.

Oh, well. Ambduscia. Home of the dragonkin. There was this discovery in a certain temple, an Altar the researchers called. I have been in a lot of these socalled dragon altars.This was more like a fortress. Me and a group of people I trust with my life were asked to join the mission. -The same group I'm about to meet.-

Set up an outpost, secure the area, keep the dragons calm. We had three campships for this mission, with the additional gun and dropships. We were around 160 ARKS big.
Human,Newman,Duman and Cast every race was there. My group was almost done with the work for the outpost. Then it happend.

A group of researchers triggered somekind of trapdoor in a room. The dragonkin had told them to stay away from that room. Saying it was a holy place were only the most honourable warriors were allowed to enter. Their warriors ofcourse, The dragonkin seem to value honour and pride. But those researchers just had to go inside. Those researchers and guards that didn't die from the trapdoor were executed on the spot. No excuses, just a sword straight through the middle.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************

-Entering memory files..........Analysing............Initiating memory file-

The screams were heard through the coms. Even heard echoing in the outpost.

"Eto.. what was that?" A blond caseal next to me asked.

Her hair falling naturaly. Altlene. She was looking around. Her quadpanel skirt reflecting the sunlight. She rested a board on her shoulder ment for the wall we were working on.
"What was what, Alt?" I replied." "That sound just now" "Ah I don't know ,it came from that." I pointed to the Altar.
"Anyway give me that board this wall section is almost finished."

An alarm went off and someone started speaking through the outpost's speakers.

"EMERGENCY, the dragonkin has started to become hostile, prepare for combat."

Altlene sighed.

"They just have to start something when we are almost offduty." "Altleeeeneee! Saaaaaaac! - one of my many nicknames- Over heeeereee!"

Altlene and I looked down from the wall. Beneath us was a small newearl. She had short white hair and wore a rather boyish outfit. She was waving at us.

"Yo."

Altlene and I said at the same time.

"Don't 'yo' me and get down here already."

Altlene started walking towards the slope on the left. I followed. Once we were where the newearl was waiting I said:

" So do you have more information for this boss?." "Yes, according to the higher ups the dragons broke the peace treaty by attacking ARKS researchers. Rumor sais they are going to attack here, so we are to form a defensive line asap."

I shrugged."Defensive line? The walls are far from finished. Are they saying we have to fight in that open field behind this wall?"

The newearl shrugged in return and said: "Anyway get your gear from the armory, you want to get paid don't you. Karyu should be there by now. Hmm, what's wrong Alt?"

The caseal was fidgeting. Then she said softly. "Cookie first."

"WHAT!?" I said out loud." Are you serious?" "No cookie no work" There was a brief silence.

"Erh Zein?" The newearl stared at me with a face 'you do it' then she walked away saying: "You have five minutes to get in position."

I reached for a white pouch strapped on my right leg. "Alt, catch." I flipped a cookie towards the caseal who caught it."Armory, now." Altlene turned on her heels and ran away. "Where do you even keep them?" I sighed then I ran as well.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************

When I arrived at the armory Altlene was already packed and ready to go. She carried two D92 Janus submachine guns. They use a closed bolt,blowback magnism and are fitted with red dot sights. The selective firing switch allows them to fire full automatic, three burst or semi automatic. The D92 uses a somewhat larger cartridge than the average smg to get more stopping power. The increased kickback should be far from a problem for a Cast though making the D92 a deadly weapon for close to medium range.

I have a pair of those too, I didn't bring them for this mission since I get paid for long range support fire and not for being a trigger happy gunrunner. I walked to my armory locker. Opened it and looked at that brandnew launcher I got.

A Varder Cannon. I had to lend meseta to buy the materials, hire people to gather parts and spend hours in a workshop to modify it. I have only testfired it a few times at a firing range hoping it wouldn't bang in my face.

It didn't. But it still lacks a foie generator or fuel tank for my trademark flamethrower. If I'm lucky I earn enough to pay off my depth and have some spare meseta for that.
This thing must be worth it though, 60mm shells, that will make a loud bang. As for my secondary weapon. An old modified Yasminkov 2000H with an undermounted laser and an oldschool red dot sight. It might be old but a .45 ACP always comes in handy. I slit the pistol in a holder on my waist.

"You are slow fatty. Stop staring at your toys like a child."

I knew that voice. I turned around. A single red light from my visor focusing to the corner where the sound came from. A caseal I knew all to well. Dark purple armor, two shielded side binders hung along side her arms. Semi long purple hair and a matching hairband with her armor.

"Hmm..... ah Karyu. Already good to go I guess?"

"Ofcourse I'm not as slow as you." "Oh and Karyu." " Hmm?" "I'm not fat!"

Karyu shrugged. "Sure sure" Then she ran away.

I looked away and found Altlene still standing next to me.

"But you are fat."

She wispered and ran after Karyu. Feeling rather agitated now I turned to pick up my launcher. Upon seeing it I smiled inside. Then I left the armory at my own speed to the meeting point and receive further orders.

When I arrived at the meeting point I saw a group of humans giving orders and sending people in certain directions. One male noticed me standing and walked to me.

"Name?" "MultiCore, sir!"

The man activated a holographic board and scrolled down and pressed some buttons when he saw my name.

"You're late MultiCore. The others from your crew are already in position.Long range fire support, section B4 right flank. Move it soldier."

As I moved along the defensive line I saw our defences were nothing more than a couple sandbaggs or building material that was ment for the wall and undeep, hastenly dug trenches and foxholes. Nothing quite my size.

I mumbled. "still better than nothing in an open field."

I was almost at B4 when I saw my crew, they were standing near a foxhole. Zein didn't look happy. And I saw why. A small number of dragons lay shattered across this section. Most of them looked like Set Sadinians. I also saw two hunters getting carried away. A human and a Cast.
I stopped running and continued to walk until I was in front of Zein.

"you are late." she said. "There were a couple of dragon charges along the line and you weren't here."

"You know I'm not as fast as all of you." Before Karyuuzaki could say something I said. " And it is not because I'm fat!"

Karyu shrugged. "You said it yourself this time Multi."

"Ah no what I mean is.......... nevermind."

A dragonhorn roared in the sky, followed by countless roars from dragonkin. Their warcry's echoed within the walls of the Dragon Altar.
This alone could be enough to break the spirit of an enemy, crush any hope to survive and let them tremble from fear even after death.

The fear for death isn't big in Casts, nor for those ARKS who endanger their lives everyday. That is how the rumor goes though. I have seen the most capable men and women snap,both Cast and the fleshy races.

The gates from the Altar opened slowly. I entered scanmode to get a better view.

-Entering scanmode-

Another dragonhorn roared as the first Dragonkin stepped outside. Sil Sadinians marched outside, perfectly arranged in lines. After covering a three meters they fanned out to the left and to the right. After them followed a small group of Sol Dirandal mounted by Sil Sadinian.

I scanned seven.

They too spread out behind the single half circulair row of Sil Sadinians. Yet again a dragonhorn roared and the dragons started to slam their swords on their shields.

More physological warware.
Blue light started to appear around the Sol Dirandal now.

"Oh shit that can't be good." I said. "TAKE COVER! STAY LOW!" A fieldofficer shouted through the coms.

The seven Sol Dirandal fired crystal balls surrounded by blue light all along the entire ARKS defence line.

Dirt,rocks,crystal pieces flew around as the blue emmiting balls exploded. I saw a male newman a few meters left from this foxhole rolled up like a ball. Muttering and crying for his mother. Then the foxhole lighted up bright blue and only an explosion crater remained.

When a crystal came rather close to the foxhole we were in, Zein and Altlene dugged behind me.

"Having someone big nearby can be handy." Joked Altlene. Zein just nodded. She had casted a Deband tech just to be sure. Karyuuzaki had use her shielded binders to cover herself. I just grumbled removing the dirt and big pieces of earth from myself.

The Sol Dirandal barrage only lasted a few minutes. Most if the area remained untouched as there were only seven of them. We still had casuelties,mainly in the middle of our line where a lucky crystal fell directly in a trench where ammunition was stored for the machinegun nests. The whole place explodedwith the Rangers positioned in that place.

"I still can't believe that the dragons would break a treaty." I said. "I know right." Karyuuzaki replied.

"Zein, can you ask command centre for more information? Like enemy numbers or the reason to attack at all."

"Already did, but they don't know more than we do, which is nothing. They are also still trying to regain contact with around 24 ARKS that went M.I.A. inside there." Zein pointed to the Altar.

"WHAT!? That means we are already down to 136 in manpower" I clearly shouted this even though I didn't mean to.

"You forgot the casuelties we just took, Sac. And the fact that we also have researchers and non combat personel in the outpost so less then 136."

Both Karyuuzaki and me made a sound to show dissatisfaction.

Again, a dragonhorn roared. The number of dragons passing through the gate was unbelieveble. Sil Sadinian, Sol Sadinian, Set Sadinian and Sadinians.

There were hundreds of them and they all fanned out. The dragon army in front of us was as wide as our defences, maybe wider.

The first four dragon rows where only Sil Sadinian. They were probably the better trained dragons, stronger, more experienced and hungry for honour.

Behind them were the Set Sadinians, dragon warriors who had not yet earned the right to wear a shield. They were often smaller than the Sil, perhaps age was also important. Mixed in between the Set, there were Sol Sadinian and Sadinian. Sol were excellent marksman, their low born breed in the Volcanic Caves are also good in ambushes. But ambushes won't occur here since we are waiting for them and it is an open field.

The Sadinian are sages capable of dragonmagic thats has the same healing effect as our Resta that Forces and Techers use.

An awkward silence hang around the outpost. People were shocked. I was shocked, but also content. The bigger the risk, the higher the pay.

I heard a male trying to lift the spirits of his crew with a joke. Saying that atleast they won't miss a target. I don't think they appreciated it. Since I heard an 'ouch' comming from that direction.

Then silence died as the Sil Sadinian began slamming their swords and shields against each other again. Louder this time as the numers had increased. An dragon roared and the dragon army started moving forward. The dragonkin moved at a steady pace towards us while still making the terrifing noise.

They were still out of my range.

"Little bit closer." I mumbled as I readied my VCannon.

-Entering combatmode-

The fieldcommander started giving orders now.

"Longrange artillery prepare for combat! Hold your fire! Wait for iiit! Steady! Steeeeeaaaady! FIRE!"[/SPOILER-BOX]

After sega's notes I used Varder instead of a long thought Vardha.

Sacrificial
Sep 22, 2013, 11:05 AM
Small part this time. I kinda lack the time to write with my projects I have.

[SPOILER-BOX]
part2

The moment the order was given both Karyuu and me pulled the trigger. Karyuu's long hair fluttered backwards from the shockwave her launcher made. She was using a craft plosion.

-A simple tube-shaped launcher with three photon collectors attached. Most photon launcher have in general less stopping power than shell type or misille launchers, but their main advantage is their unlimited ammunition.-

This time it was our side that roared. The thunderous sound of flying rockets and missiles.
The defeaning noise of grenades and shells exploding on impact and the bright trails of light left in the air from the photon charges.

White smoke and blue, purple and green light coloured the battlefield. When the order was given to cease fire I had used up half of my ammunition.

The dragonkin side was hard to see due to smoke and dust clouds. But faint lines from the Altar were barely visible.
" hmm Sac, do you see anything out there?" Altlene asked. "That's a negative.

Do you spot anything Karyuu?" She shoke her head. Then she corrected herself. "No, wait. I think I see something noving! The smoke is clearing up."

The dragon army marched steadily out of the clearing smoke. They had taken some serious damage from our attack, there were huge gaps in the enemy lines.

"Something seems weird with those gaps." Altlene noticed. "There is a set distance between each gap."

I had not even noticed myself. I should've switched to scanmode.
The fieldcommander started shouting orders for the rifleman. "RIFLEMAN get into position! Two rows! First row in a prone position, second row behind them!"

The dragons started to pick up pace. They started running now, their attack had really begun now.

New orders were given.

This time to the CQC specialists.

"Hunters and bravers are to be guarding the front line! Protect your assigned rifle team. Fighters are to help at breaches!"

Rifleman were given the 'fire at will' order, so gunshots were heard continuously now. Alot of the dragons dropped dead during the charge.

The Sil Sadinian's speed was impressive, with their shield raised in front of them to protect them from bullets they rushed towards the ARKS rifleman.
The ARKS braced themselfs. Now the hunters and bravers made their move to intercept them.

The Sils rushed right into them without any sign of hesistation. Some of them leapt in the air and attacked from above.

It was harder to pick targets for the rangers due to a possible friendly-fire.

Suddenly out of the smoke ran multiple pairs of Dirandal mounted with Sils. They ran through the suspicious looking gaps in the dragonarmy. They looked terrifing with their long crystal lances and they were feared for their speed and destruction while charging.

"Oh no Dirandal......... the situation is getting worse by the minute." Zein mentenioned.

Most of the CQC warriors were able to get out of the Dirandals charge and avoided being trampled. Some were not able to dodge and were trampled.

There was even a man that was unlucky enough to get pierced by the crystal lance. He got carried along untill the Dirandal dropped dead and slit over the ground.

Our first defense line was broken, the Sets and Sols could now run past them. Or encircle the ARKS warriors,but there was less honour to gain from defeating trapped enemies.

Another Dirandal was charging towards us. My crew and me. We all started attacking it.

Karyuu and me with our launcher untill it came into close range. We weren't allowed to go danger close.

Altlene shot her two D92 empty and Zein attacked with charged Samegid. She aimed a bit higher to let the bolts curve down on the target.

Altlene hid behind me as she started reloading her guns.

"You know you still won't be save behind me right? You will get that Dirandal and me over you." Altlene scuried away from me without saying anything.

I pulled out my 2000H pistol and started shooting.
By the time we managed to kill the Dirandal it was already in front of our foxhole.

As it died it colapsed on its knees slit on the ground towards us. Its speed was enough to slide into our foxhole. We had to hurry to get out and prevent to get pierced by a defeated enemy.

The massive lances dug into the earth as the dragon crashed. The rider was still alive though, it looked around to confirm his position.

When I turned around to look at the place I was standing a moment ago, the Sil Sadinian threw its shield towards me, making contact to my head. The force made me stumble backwards a little.

The dragon jumped towards Zein -who was on her knees from climbing out of our spot, still facing the other direction.- The large crystal sword waved through the air. Slashing downwards, the dragon roared with determination for receiving the honour for his charge and coming kill.

"ZEIN!"[/SPOILER-BOX]

finally get the spoilers to work :D

Sacrificial
Oct 7, 2013, 11:58 AM
part 3
[SPOILER-BOX]Karyuuzaki acted fast. She made a short fast dash and she pushed Zein away.
While she pushed her, she turned a quarter degrees.

The crystal sword made impact on Karyuu's Shielded binder. The Sil Sadinian's striking power was big enough to break the shield.

Karyuuzaki didn't seem to care much about it. Before the dragon could attack again she shoved her launcher into its stomach. The Sil Sadinian staggered backwards.
I didn't waste any second, I aimed my pistol at the back of its head and fired a single round. The Sils head knocked forward and back.

A small ray of light was now visible through its head. The dragon collapsed onto its knees and fell forward.
Karyuuzaki stood in front of the corpse, her body looked bloody. The dragons blood had sprayed on her when my bullet exited the dragon's head.

She kicked against the corpse, then turned around. It might have been a test or it might have been a grudge. For me neither of them would have mattered.

"Sorry about that Karyuu." I said. Karyuuzaki shrugged. "I don't mind."

She said in such a way you could think she actually did mind.

I turned towards Zein. "Are you okay?" "I'm fine, thanks for asking." She answered with a small smile.
"It was a close one though. Remind me to reward you two after this."

"W-what about me?" Altlene asked.

"You were hiding!" Us three shouted.
This all took less than five minutes.
"Okay, focus people." I paused a brief moment, then I continued.

"We have no time to be relaxed. The main army will be here soon enough. The hunters and bravers won't be able to hold forever."

We went back into a defensive location. This time we went for a trench, a couple of meters away from our now destroyed foxhole.

We made haste, the fight was still going on and every wasted second could mean that a dragon killed our teammate.

Zein and Altlene hopped into the trench, Karyuuzaki and me stayed on the ground. That way we could achieve better firing angles for our launchers.
It would mean we had no cover at all though.

Once I had stabilized my footage,I ran a quickscan.-10...15...20...25......30.....35....37 hostile targets confirmed in the scanned area.-

The moment I fired my launcher, the rest of the crew started attacking too. We used the same tactic as we did on the Dirandal.

The HEPG shell I shot was a special type shell. There was a larger quantity of photons in it, packed under high pressure. It's code name was DIVINE and it was rather pricy. I only carried two with me this time.

The shell was shot towards a Sil Sadinian in the middle of the group. The dragon raised his shield in order to block it.

The shell however pierced right through the shield, sending crystal shards flying along with my projectile. It hit the Sil spot on and for half a second the dragon flew backwards before disappearing in a bright light from the explosion.

The huge blast from the DIVINE type also took down the unlucky dragons that were close around the Sil Sadinian.

"Four down! Now reloading." I grabbed my last DIVINE type from my satchel and started reloading.

"Locked and loaded." I aimed again, I wanted to hit another decent group.

Just when I was about to fire, I heard Zein shout to take cover.

A couple of Sol Sadinian had shot their launchers. A salvo of blue photon balls was coming in our direction.

Zein cast an uncharged Deband before she took cover in the trench. Karyuuzaki and me had nowhere to go.

Karyuuzaki sacrificed her last remaining shield. As for me, my PRA armor plating kicked in. Thus decreasing damage to a minimum.

This was not a bad thing but my aim went off and I fired in another direction than I originally had planned. I fired far to left taking out some dragons that were heading to another group of ARKS.

Karyuuzaki answered the Sol Sadinians with a Cluster Shell, killing three of them. Now the Sadinians started to chant their healing magic to let the wounded dragons from the blast recover. The dragons who recovered continued their assault.
There was no time to lose, I fired a few more normal shells before they got to close.

We had killed half of the scanned amount when the Sils and Sets were close enough to engage in combat.
Altlene shot two Set Sadinians that were airborne and their lifeless bodies dropped to the ground. She then aimed both her guns at a third dragon that was ready to attack.

She fired at a Sil Sadinian, but the dragon had already left the ground so the bullets hit nothing but the ground, making soft thuds.

Altlene adjusted her angle higher while she kept her fingers on the triggers.
The dragon had anticipated this and he lowered his shield, blocking most of the bullets. He couldn't stop all of them and he was struck a few times, but the Sil didn't flinch.

Altlene had to make a dodge roll to the left when the dragon's sword hit the ground.

The Sil immediately swung his sword diagonally upwards, Altlene shifted her balance backwards to evade, a bit of her long hair got cut. While she restored her former balance, she made a round house kick, knocking the dragon against the trench's wall.

Altlene then aimed her right gun at the dragons body. The Sil Sadinian grinned, then she shot him two times in chest.[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm getting a tad slow with writing. =/ Hope you all still like it so far.

Sacrificial
Oct 28, 2013, 12:51 PM
part4
[SPOILER-BOX]
"To many, their is to many of them!"
"Multi! Behind you!"

I got hit by a sword.

"You!"

I turned around and backhanded a dragon, continued by a shot from my pistol.

" Zein, where is the promised air support?!"

"I don't know, I lost contact a while ago."

"Damned"

Another dragon jumped over the trench. Well trench, now it was more a mass grave filled with both dragons and ARKS. After we killed the group more dragons showed up.

"I've two clips left." I said while reloading my pistol.

"One each" Altlene replied.

"I'm starting to feel rather tired from casting. I don't know how much longer I can keep it up" Zein said.

"How's Karyuu? Is she still in it?" I asked. A rather useless question as both Zein and me looked in her direction for a second.

Karyuuzaki was blowing up dragons from point blank and laughed with each dragon she killed, crippled or just grazed.

"I guess she is." Zein said.
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************************
More dragons, more corpses. We lost ground every second. I tried to make every bullet I had count. Altlene too, she was now being more thoughtful about her bullet usage. She didn't shoot full automatic anymore, but shot in small bursts of two or three bullets.

Luckily we had Karyuuzaki that was on a rampage with a photon launcher and Zein who uses the power of photons to manipulate their flow and state of form.
Then again, Karyuuzaki's mental state was far from reliable. And Zein was already panting. Photon manipulation requires allot of energy after all. The main reason why Forces and Techers aren't the mainforce of an army. They simply don't have the stamina to fight hours without rest, but give them a few minutes break and they are able to start all over again with high destructive or healing arts.

Suddenly I heard a static, the a short pause.

"This is gunship Alpha, Air support squadron a few clicks away from designation, over."

"Good! Hang on guys!"

I fired a few rounds. More dead dragons.

"Reloading. Last clip."

A saw a Sol Sadinian shooting, I side stepped fast and the photonsphere narrowly missed. Then I counter attacked, shot two times. One in the leg, so he went down on the knee, the other one in the head.
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************************
"Kyaa."

That scream. I turned towards it, just like the others. It was Karyuuzaki. She was now flat on her back. Her frame's plating was torn away around the waist and there were cuts through her arms.

Two Set Sadinians were standing next to the motionless Caseal.

"Alt! Zein! Cover me! I'll get her."

"I'm out of ammo." Altlene replied.

" Here take my gun, one clip left."

I threw the 2000H towards Alt, who caught it.

"Wait Sac, then you have nothing for yourself." Zein said.

"I won't be able to shoot much on the run anyway." I replied. "Ok,ready? Here I go."

On my way to Karyuuzaki I heard bullets fly past me and one of the two Set's dropped dead.

When I got closer, I activated my thrusters on maximum power and knocked the dragon over when we made contact.

I now stood beside the downed Caseal. The broken plating looked even worse now, but this kind of damage is probably a sight that only us Casts will understand.

I straighten Karyuuzaki up from the ground. I was now holding her in my arms in a way that humans would do.

Karyuuzaki's eyes open half wide looking straight in my optics.

"M-multi.....core...T-to have you see me in t-his state.........

M-multi.....I-I can't move m-my l-legs."

"Don't worry Karyuu, I'll get you out of here." I pulled her up.

One arm under her back the other one under her legs.

"M-multi..?" Karyuu's voice wavered.

"Why d-do you c-carry me like this?"

"Hmm?"

Then Zein shouted. "Saaaaaaac! Hurry!"

I noticed that Altlene's suppressing fire had stopped. I looked around and saw the dragonkin already recovering from the suppression and trying to surround me.

What I also saw was that our secondary defense line was nearly abandoned. Only a few ARKS remained, fending of dragons while trying to buy time for the others to get into position in the third defenses.

"Damned, hang on Karyuu."

I swung the Caseal on my shoulder like a rag doll and started to make a run for it.

"Stupid."

"Hmm? did you say something Karyuu?"

"Can't you go faster? Those dragons are catching up."

"No I can't, You know us Cast are rather he.....""Don't say it!" "avy. erh to late."
"Multi hurry up."

"Again?"

"Go faster I mean it." Her voice sounded different. Almost afraid, but that was impossible of course.

"Karyuu I just said I can't go any fas...." "HURRY YOU DAMN FAT SLOWPOKE THEY ARE BEHIND US!"

"WHat?!"

I turned around and saw a sword stab past my head followed by the dragon that performed the lunge.

"Hang on tight Karyuu." And so she did.

I couldn't do much against my attacker, while carrying my luggage other than just simply smash my bulky arm in its face.

I don't know what broke, but my sensors registered a cracking sound. The Set Sadinian fell backwards and didn't rise again.

A second Set attacked me with a leaping attack. I had to activate my front leg thrusters to evade. The dragon roared for his failure. I, however made a spin turn and fled instead of trying out his challenge.

The dragon ran after me, but he was soon struck by a bullet. The third line was set up.
I heard a static.

"Members of the ARKS, this is your Commander,this outpost has just been coded as abandoned by my superiors.

Gun- and Drop ships have arrived for evacuation. Prepare for evac. I repeat, prepare for evac.

The campships can not handle all teams in the short time frame we have.

All uneven coded teams are to get evacuated in the Dropships. I repeat all uneven coded teams are to get to the Dropships.

I wish to see all of you back alive. Commander out."

A static again.

The Gunships were barely visible when the mesage finished, but they gained form rapidly along the horizon.

The ships opened hatches and shot missile barrages to the dragon army. The missiles also hit rather close to were I was, but the good thing was that it stopped the dragons in their pursuit.

We were almost there, almost reunited with the rest of our team. ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************************
The dragonkin were held off by the gunships. The ships gatlings spun ripping the army apart and thinning out the attacking force. Making it easier for remaining groundforces to stand, while the majority was trying to evacuate.

Meanwhile Sol Sadinian and Sol Dirandal were trying to shoot down the Gunships. But those that tried were often marked as priority target and thus they were killed too, before they could do any serious damage.

"Alpha-One this Alpha-Four, do you copy?"

"Alpha-One here."

"I'm picking up a signal at E5 point (54,50,3537) Moving at high speed to E4 point (51,46,3476). Do you register Alpha-One?"

"Alpha-Four, this is Alpha-One. That is a negative. I see nothing. Alpha-Two, do you register?"

"No sir, radar is clean."

"It must be a malfunction when you got hit by a Sol. Have it checked on return, Alpha-Four."

"Sir, The signal changed direction. It is heading to B3 and it's rapidly loosing altitude. (47,41,3170),.....(36,39,2765),........(29,37,2458 ),.......(25,34,2182)......"

"Alpha-Four like I said it must be a malfunction, those coordinates are pretty close and there is nothing on our ra....."

"Alpha-One, Alpha-One, please come in. I didn't copy the last part,Alpha-One please come in.............
Alpha-Two, Alpha-Three.................Nothing.....

Pilot, how is visual contact?"

"Their is a thick smoke hanging now. I'm pretty busy gunning down the dragons below, which is allot harder than you might think. Get that visual from the port view yourself."

"Fine, fine...... let's see......oooooooo shit!"

Commander, Commander. This is Alpha-Four. Alpha-One to Three destroyed. Cause is probably a dragon, but we have lost radar contact. Please confirm B3 point (25,33,2182) with visual data,over."

"Alpha-Four, we are unable to get a visual, please stay on your mark. If necessary perform a tactical retreat within the boundaries."

"Signaler, the smoke is getting thin. I see something big moving, check the radar." "Still clear, no wait contact! Data matching shows it's a Quarts Dragon!" "Oh damn, hang on signaler incoming attack. Performing emergency evade!" ******************************
"Sac! Where are you going? Our assigned ship is this way."

Zein pointed towards a ship further to the left. A large crowd was waiting in front of it.

The ship I was heading to was already loaded and ready to lift go.

"Look Zein. Karyuu needs emergency repairs asap. If this ship here still has room for her, the faster she can get those repairs."

"But you are ignoring your orders that way. HEY! I'm talking to you!"

Karyuuzaki whispered to me. "You will SO be dead for ignoring her."

Suddenly a MP stood in front of me, who tried to stop me. Tried. A human trying to stop a Cast with a weight over 500 kg.

I merely shrugged over his embarrassing attempt. I was so close, I couldn't stop now. So I slowly pushed myself forward. I didn't want to hurt the human of course, that would get me in more trouble than I could afford.

Then a man shouted something.

"Incoming! Watch out over there! Take cover!"

I walked onto the loading hatch. Suddenly my surroundings were covered in a bright blue. My sensors now could only receive this blue colour.

Followed by the bright blue was an explosion and a huge shock wave knocked me and Karyuuzaki backwards.

-Warning... Warning.... Heavy Damage Received To The Following Parts. Left Arm, Torso, Head. Please stay Out Of Further Harm To Avoid Termination.-

"Damn, you are annoying system. Their is nothing wrong."

-Warning... Warning.... Heavy Damage Received To The Following Parts. Left Arm, Torso, Head. Please stay Out Of Fur...............
Critical Failure, Restoring Main System.......ERROR
SHUTTING DOoowwwwwwnnnnnn.

[SPOILER-BOX]-End Memory File-
-Would You Like To Replay Again? Y/N-

"No."

"Sac? What are you spacing out for? We were waiting for you."

"Hmm? Oh yea, sorry I'm coming."

[/SPOILER-BOX]

[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]Sooooo. The end of the first arc and also the start for the second chapter. It's a big update this time, according to my "writingscedule" I should've uploaded last week BUT that part would've been way to short IF I had uploaded it. And so on for the ending. So I waited an extra week and combined both parts.
Oh I'm also working on a character list atm. I had a preupdate for it this week but expect it to become larger in the future![/SPOILER-BOX]

Sacrificial
Nov 24, 2013, 06:21 PM
Been a while since I've visited the fanfiction part, had exams a week earlier so I didn't really spend anytime on this. No update since I seem to be unable to write something down eventhough I've replayed every action and line in my head multiple times......

I've a nice song to fit Arc 1 though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02q8kPJn_e4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02q8kPJn_e4

stukasa
Dec 9, 2013, 11:58 PM
Somehow I never noticed this thread until recently, so I waited until I had a chance to read it and finally got caught up on your story. Even though the grammar isn't always perfect, I think you did a good job with it. I never had any trouble understanding what you were trying to say.

Your two biggest strengths (in my opinion) are your ability to write "military jargon" like descriptions of weapons and combat maneuvers, and being able to give personality to your characters. It was fun to read the interactions between MultiCore and the other people in the story.

I have a couple questions for you! First, do you have a full-body picture of MultiCore? You spent a lot of time describing him, but the character portrait in the first post only shows his head, so I was wondering if I could see what the rest of him actually looks like. ^^ And second, are the other characters (Karyuu, Alt, and Zein) your friends in-game? I know they can't be from the character creator since they're all wearing non-standard clothing and/or accessories. Also, if you have a picture of Moriah, I'd like to see her too. :)

I understand if you're busy and don't have time to update often, but I'm definitely interested to read it whenever you post again!

o0Kais0o
Dec 13, 2013, 07:31 AM
This is getting pretty intense, really enjoying it :D

Sacrificial
Dec 26, 2013, 03:27 PM
Intro Chapter 2

[SPOILER-BOX]Chapter 2

A.D. 2XX
Oracle Fleet
7:10

It has been a week since the Amduscia incident. I've been fully repaired and I find myself walking in this ship's shopping area.

It was still early in the morning and the environment was still a dark simulated setting and the streetlights still shined bright.

I looked towards a display window and saw my reflection. I could see it clearly. I could even see better than before.

My broken, outdated optics and sensors had been replaced by much more advanced electronics. It had cost me allot of mesetas, but the old ones were beyond repair and weren't manufactured anymore.

My head part also had a different casing, it was based on a Zero Kaiser model. I don't understand why I was given this head model. It would have seemed more appropriate for a CQC-type Cast.

I have no use for this bladed antenna on the middle of my head, seeing as I'm mainly for medium-long range purposes.

But.....it all was my own fault.

I shouldn't have ignored my squad leader's orders, but at that time...... it felt like it was the best option. In the end I endangered not only myself but also a teammate or a 'friend' how organics would refer to, my friend.

"Sac, you are not looking back in your memory files again are you? You know you can't do anything about the past."

I looked towards my left. It was a small, white haired newearl. The squad leader I mentioned.

She recovered me from the lab after my repairs. She didn't have to, but she insisted to get me even though we were supposed to meet on the location we are heading to now.

Did she want to remind me of my irresponsible actions? Did she just want to have a little chat before we went to the rest of our group?

I don't understand. No, I probably don't even want to understand.

We walked further in the shopping area, it was slowly filling up with other people, both ARKs and civilian, as it clearly became brighter. The environment setting was slowly changing to a daylight setting.

The streetlight stopped shining as their sensors registered the increased number of light photons.

Most people gathered around the stores that sold food or stores that sold ingredients to make food. I also saw some people on a lower level around the armory department. Probably looking for better weapons and gear.

We went up a staircase to the next level floor,after this Zein turned towards the left and walked towards a catwalk. I stopped at the end of the stairs and looked in her direction, then I looked forward.

"Over here MultiCore." I heard.

"Zein, according to my map this way here is faster and more efficient."

"I know, I know let us have a chat first, 'kay?"

I nodded and also walked towards the catwalk. My road map on my radar immediately adjusted to an alternate route.

So she did want to have a chat after all.....

Zein stopped a bit further ahead, there was a small terrace. She lend against the fence that was mainly made of glass.

She didn't reach far above it though, just barely enough to cross her arms above it.

She looked at our city, the residential area for both civilians and the ARKs.
The scenery was beautiful, buildings rose high and tall in the sky and a simulated sun was just above the horizon.

Zein started. "You seemed pretty down, you know, about what happened.
Karyuu finished repairs two days ago. You seem to think you are the cause of it."

"I know.....,,But I still made the decision to go"

"But you know you took most of the damage right? You shielded her vital parts and prevented further damage she already had from that blast. You both are still alive, thats what counts"

Alive.....

"Besides, if you really want to worry about something....You are waaaay to heavy.

You have no idea how many people were needed to move you and we really were in a hurry back there."

"But I can not do anything about my weight."

The newearl laughed, turned around and said smiling." A joke, a joke. Geesh you don't have to take everything so serious."

After that Zein began to walk away.

"I believe we have let them wait long enough, let's move on."

I nodded and followed her.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

So I'm trying to slowly pick up writing again so it isn't much, but I present you (insert drum noise) The intro for the second chapter~

@stukasa. If you happen to spot the same grammar faults repeatedly, please point them out, I'm always ready to improve my English, that's why I write to train it and set let my fantasy loose (~'w')~

And to answer your questions:
1. Sure I can place a full-body picture.
2. Yeap, they got me to play this game. I'm not limited to the basic character creator though, I can create almost all race/gender except for the newman race with any costume I want. (As long as I've the money to buy it >.>)

Zorafim
Dec 26, 2013, 04:58 PM
I have some criticism to offer as well.

When you start a chapter, you should paint the scene for the reader. Don't just dump them in the middle of an event and assume they know what's going on. Slowly ease them into it, make sure they know where they are, then introduce them to the action. Even if you painted the scene in a previous chapter, assume they've completely forgotten what has happened between then and now.

And another thing is, you should find some way to organize your chapters to make them easy for the reader to find. I'm a chapter or two behind on reading your story, and I can't find where I left off. A title, or a short summery, or something of the like. Basically ask yourself "If I haven't read my story in months, what could I look for to reintroduce myself to it?"

It looks like you're enjoying writing, and always glad to have artists on this forum. Would you like me to critique you as I catch up? I may not be able to find anything useful, but I'm sure you'd like to improve your writing style.

Sacrificial
Dec 26, 2013, 06:26 PM
And another thing is, you should find some way to organize your chapters to make them easy for the reader to find.

I assume you mean what ive named "parts" I have been thinking of that, then again i had it in mind as one continious story so have no idea how to give these "sub-titles" The dragons assault or the last stand stuff like that feels kinda weird.

stukasa
Dec 28, 2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks for posting more screenshots, that gives me a better idea of the characters. :) I'm guessing Bron is Moriah's Support Partner in the game? Just a hunch.

I like how MultiCore's radar provides the quickest route available, he's like a walking GPS/Google Maps. xD

His friends are pretty brutal with the constant weight jokes, which I find funny because he can't exactly do anything about it! :p

[spoiler-box]Since you asked, here's a list of some things I found:

levelfloor = you can just call it "level" or "floor," you don't need to say both
memoryfiles = memory files
eventhough = even though
irresponcible = irresponsible
terrasse = terrace
lend = leaned
residental = residential
scenary = scenery
beautifull = beautiful
roze = rose

Oh, also "in de end" = "in the end"

I always do a spell check before I post a chapter, it might be helpful for you too. Basically if you paste your chapter into the Reply box on PSOW, any misspelled words will be underlined in red (though I've found at least a couple words that PSOW thinks aren't words for some reason...). Of course, that won't help with grammar mistakes, only spelling, but it's better than nothing. I didn't see any glaring grammar mistakes in this chapter anyway. I mean, I wasn't looking too closely but nothing jumped out at me.[/spoiler-box]

Sacrificial
Mar 3, 2014, 06:43 PM
I've had a new set of chapters ready for a while, but for the same amount of time I have been unsatisfied with what I wrote to "link"the 2nd arc's OP to the actual story. I have tried various ways of writing to satisfy myself, but none worked out imo. I am still not content with this link, but I have to fill in something in this gap or else I can't move on.

Chapter 2, Part 2 A new beginning

[SPOILER-BOX]

MultiCore and Zein had a little talk about the previous events.
Now they are on their way to the rest of the group, who are waiting on their usual spot near a certain ARKs café.

The two arrived. Altlene had already seen them coming and was waving enthusiastically. Beside her sat Karyuuzaki. She was also repaired, the huge gaping hole in her chest plating was gone.
She also had a new set of arms, she now had the Fauma-type. Still classified as heavy armor, but they covered a less wide area.

The group talked a lot, but the conversations between two certain Cast were still awkward.

"Soooo. Do you all have something up tomorrow?" Zein asked. "Because I kinda have another appointment now, sorry"

Altlene shook her head.

"Yes, I have another check-up" Karyuuzaki replied.

"oh, I see. How about you Multi?"

"Yea, HQ called me for something."

"aw too bad. Ah well I got to go now. Alt~ come."

The Caseal ignored her. Zein, then held out a cookie in the air, the Caseal immediately jumped up and ran after Zein.
Now only MultiCore and Karyuuzaki remained. The awkward silence hang in the air again until Karyuuzaki broke it after a while.

"Multi....T-thanks for saving me back there..."

If MultiCore could smile, he would have. Now he simply nodded in return.

A.D. 2XX
Oracle Fleet

The following day MultiCore went to the headquarters of the ships Second Division, where he was part of. It was a fairly big building located near an elevator, which led to the docking area where camp ships lay.

MultiCore was almost in front of the building and it seemed to get taller and taller with each step he took. It was not the first time he had been here, he had been in service for the Second Division for the past ten years after all.
MultiCore kept walking and soon he found himself in front of the door. The doors were almost entirely made out of glass, thick and multiple layered to still make it strong.

The doors' sensors now registered MultiCore and they opened sideways. The hallway was classy even, if it was a military building.
In the middle lay a carpet which stopped at a helpdesk. Behind the help desk sat three women, each with a desk size console and a headset device.

The carpet was just thick enough to nullify the sound coming from MultiCore's heavy footsteps. He walked straight to the middle one.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"I have an appointment with Major Foley at 11 o' clock."

" Okay, please wait a moment." The woman started pressing some buttons on the console.

"Hmm, Mr. MultiCore, Second Artillery Corps.. is that correct?"

MultiCore nodded.

" Correct."

"The Major is waiting for you in Section B, second floor, in room 023. Section B is that way." The female pointed to a hallway on her left.

At the end of the hallway was an elevator. When MultiCore arrived there, he saw more people waiting for it.
A couple of humans and a Caseal. The humans were chatting with each other, while the Caseal was just staring in front of her.

The elevator arrived and the doors opened. The waiting group went inside. A male human asked, to which floor MultiCore needed to go.

"I need to go to the second floor"

"How about you?" The man spoke to the Caseal.

"Ah, I also need to go to the second floor"

"Okay then, we have waited long enough here on these slow things"

Said the human while he pressed buttons on the elevator's console.

A sudden loud noise filled the elevator.

"Warning, Warning. Weight limit exceeded by 386 kg. Weight limit exceeded."

Once the alarm subsided the group discussed what to do now.

"The problem is obviously caused by those two Cast." Said one of the humans in the back.

"I am afraid one of you has to leave."

The Caseal turned to MultiCore.

"I only weight...." She halted her words and looked slightly down. " I-I only weight 323 kg....."

MultiCore grumbled a bit. "514...... i guess you win. Anyone that could do basic math knew there was only one option."

"I-I'm sorry." she said, as MultiCore walked out the elevator.

As soon as he stepped outside, the doors closed and the elevator departed.

"Guess I will have to take the stairs.....why isn't there a second elevator in this section?"

MultiCore was already late when he reached the second floor, so he went straight to room 023 with an increased speed.
He opened the door when he arrived. he saw a man sitting behind a desk, slightly sighting while he pressed buttons on his Personal Console.

"Sorry I'm late sir. I had to take the stairs."

The man looked up. "Ah MultiCore, I was afraid you forgot about our meeting."

"Cast do not forget appointments sir."

"I know, I know. Please take a seat."

The Major gestured towards a chair. MultiCore made a laughing sound from his speakers has he said.

"I rather do not break it, sir."

The Major put his hands together.

"Right... it is my habit to ask. Well let us get to business."

He stood up from his chair.

"MultiCore, last week you were heavily damaged in that dragon assault, costing you your head parts.
Normally that would've been lethal if it wasn't so that your cores are located in your chest instead up there. Now here is the catch.
I have been told yesterday that your hardware is so outdated, that your new head isn't completely compatible for all functions it should have."

"But I do not detect anything faulty , sir."

"Apparently these are functions you have never had before so you won't miss them unless you check deeper in your own program files. Am I correct?"

There was a brief silence.

" Yes.... I am indeed unable to open certain files." MultiCore replied.

The Major continued.

"The researchers are currently developing software to make it compatible for you. But it is unknown how long they will take."

He paused."

"This means you are currently marked as broken and unfit for the front lines. MultiCore, I'm pulling you out for now."

"But sir. I was made to fight and give support on the front lines."

"I don't send wounded soldiers into battle, why wouldn't this be the same for Casts, you are a soldier too after all"

"No sir, but this is differ..."

"You are NOT going back do I make myself clear? I do not want to be known as some cruel officer sending people to a certain death."

"Sir yes sir!"

" Good." The Major sat back in his chair and put his hand together on the desk.

"However I can't send you into society either, you are not exactly a civilian looking Cast. Nor would you be able to get a occupation in society as you are now."

MultiCore nodded.

"MultiCore, one option is for you to be frozen in service, however you have been in service for around ten years now.
I do not like to "freeze"someone who has that much experience. That's where option two comes in.

So I'm sending you to the Military ARKS academy. You will be the supervisor for some graduation students that will get their live exam, however for this to be possible you will need a higher rang. So consider this as a small promotion."

The man paused again.

"MultiCore starting today you will be a sergeant. Your wages will be adjusted according to your new rang."

"Sir?" "yes?"

"Do I really have to babysit some teenagers?"

"Not if you prefer having option one."

"Ehr.....When do I start supervising the exams?"

" Thanks for asking." Foley smiled,having known the fish caught the bait.
"You will start tomorrow, but you can meet your appointed students today at 15:00 when they will get their briefing. Have a little meet 'n greet.
I'm not entirely sure when your briefing starts, you will be contacted later."

"was that all major?" "That's all. You are dismissed."

MultiCore saluted and made his way to the exit.

"Oh and MultiCore. Why didn't you take the maintenance elevator?"[/SPOILER-BOX]

stukasa
Mar 3, 2014, 11:18 PM
[spoiler-box]lol, you're always poking fun at MultiCore's weight! xD

I still don't know why a CAST likes cookies, though.

It was definitely an unexpected twist to take your main character off of active duty, but I think it can be an interesting one if done right. :) I have another comment but I can't mention it right now, maybe sometime much later~[/spoiler-box]

Sacrificial
Apr 26, 2014, 06:33 PM
Chapter 2, part 3 Faulty logic?

[SPOILER-BOX]
2XX AD
1000 hours
Oracle fleet
Second Division HQ

MultiCore left the room and he checked his internal clock.

"hmm, still 5 hours until the briefing starts. I guess I have enough time to gear up at the armory.

Multicore walked back the way he came, but instead going left to the staircase, he went right, to Block D.
He passed various offices. He saw people working hard behind a desk and people around a coffee machine. They were obviously trying to not work at all.

Multicore was nearing the maintenance elevator. Of course he would not pass on such a time saving advice given to him earlier.

Once outside MultiCore started heading to the armory. The armory was not far from the HQ, at most one click.
From the outside it looked like a dome, but with a flattened roof. The dome it self was just the "civilian" building, anything related to weapons and equipment, that went in and out , was recorded here. Licenses' procedures also went through here.

The real deal lies underneath, weapons, explosives, APC's and ammunition were stored and maintained here. If necessary the whole Second Division can be supplied here with a firearm.

The SD consists mainly of rangers and gunners. Because of this, there is no need for a large variety of weapon types needed, resulting in a lower army upkeep compared to the so called " composite" sections.
However given the fact that most ARKs use their own custom weapons once they finish basic training. The Standard Issue type depots are mostly at maximum capacity.

The explosives and ammunition depots are placed and build as separate cylindrical rooms each with a large bulkhead as door. If something goes wrong due to poorly handling the entire room will be sealed and systems will turn the room into a vacuum room.
It the cause that these steps are not enough to ensure the safety of the ship,these chambers can be purged.

Oracle fleet
2xx AD
1100 hours
SD Armory

MultiCore walked around, searching for a certain person that could help him. He was now underground, inside the armory. There was one problem however.

Inside the place seemed deserted. Normally the hallways were crowded with ARKs, either busy with work or heading to their designated storage block.

MultiCore continued his search and checked every room for people. With out results.

After searching for at least half an hour, he finally found someone, a lone soul was sitting on a bench, looking over some paperwork. MultiCore was already next to him by the time the man noticed the white Cast.

The man had to look upwards and MultiCore could see he felt uncomfortable,to be suddenly approached.

"uhm..hi?"'

" Where is everyone? No, rather where can I find the ATO?"

" uhm, well I guess everyone is in the firing range, you see there is this ne..... eh?"

MultiCore had already left upon hearing the location, not letting the man finish talking. After blinking a few times to 'process' this short encounter, the man continued with his work.

The firing range was close. MultiCore reached the sector within a ten minute walk, this would have been faster if he had used his internal leg thrusters.

Upon opening the vault door to the firing range, a loud cheerful noise filled the hallway MultiCore was in. As he entered, he saw a large group of people standing around a single cell.

He did not see the ATO here either. So he decided to observe the group for the time being. The chance was high the person he was looking for was in that same group after all.

MultiCore couldn't see who was shooting but apparently he or she was very good at it.
The group cheered at every shot fired. There was also an occasion there was a miss. At least that is what MultiCore concluded if there was an " aaaaaaah, better luck next time!" instead of a cheer or the usual laughter and party.

It was during one of these 'down' times that MultiCore spotted the ammunition technical officer he was looking for. He was located in the back southwest in the cheering crowd, only two or three rows of people between him and the end of the 'line'.

Not that MultiCore would have had any trouble getting through ten or more rows, but these two or three already resulted in enough angry faces and the occasional cursing.

MultiCore tabbed the ATO on his shoulder and gestured to him when he had his attention to leave to crowd. When the two of them were in a much quieter place the ATO began to speak.

"So?. What did you need me for? I was just starting to get fun there?"

"Work sir, I need access to my weapon storage."

The ATO sighed.

"Well that's a valid reason,sadly. Let's not beat around the bush then I don't want to muss to much. Name?"

"MultiCore, sir"

The ATO started browsing his personal visaphone device.

"Hmm hall C, High Explosive Weaponry, locker 0873523. Do you know where that is?"

MultiCore shook his head. The ATO sighed.

"Follow me."

Multicore nodded and followed the man.

While they were on the move the ATO asked MultiCore why he needed such heavy equipment.

"So are you going to a front line? There only is a custom pisastian registered in your locker."

"Well, I lost my previous launcher in battle so all I have now is pistol and a pistol alone won't be enough to ensure the safety of some students. That being said that pisastian is the only main weapon I posses.

To answer your second question, no I won't go to a front line."

"Wait.... wait... WHAT?! Are you telling me you want to use that pisastian to protect students?!"

The ATO had stopped walking, leaving a small distance between him and MultiCore.

"That is correct. As of today I have been assigned to observe and guard graduate students in their exam."

"You bloody stupid Cast. Are you nuts? You actually thought using a weapon with a blast radius was a good idea?
Students are almost the same as kids. You'd never get a danger close approval for that kind of mission."

"But as I said I do not posses any other weapon.I do not ave much of a choice."

The ATO face palmed.

"Look the launcher is absolutely not a good idea, so I refuse to grant you access to your locker. When do you need a main weapon?"

MultiCore checked his internal clocking.

"127 from now on"

The man frowned upon hearing the time remaining.

"Ok. here is the deal. I'll get you one of the IS type rifle under special emergency regulations. This means you will have to fill in some paperwork. And with 'some' I mean 'a lot' since it is not actually a real emergency.
Anyway, you can deal with that later. Again, follow me."

MultiCore did not have much of a choice but to follow. He had to admit, a rifle would be much better for his situation. But the amount of paperwork for an IS type was exactly why he wanted to use his own weapon.

I guess all wages I earn from this will go to a new rifle now. Sigh, I have no idea how expensive they are.[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]I wanted to try out this kind of place/time format of writing style I saw in a military light novel. I still need some practice(ofcourse) but I really liked that novel to the point I wanted to write like that.
Also the story will finally reach the 'true' point of chapter 2 after this :D.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

strikerhunter
Apr 26, 2014, 06:53 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
"So are you going to a front line? There only is a custom pisastian registered in your locker."

Small grammar error, should be like this (move only and is around)

"So are you going to a front line? There is only a custom pisastian registered in your locker."

I found the ending quiet funny.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zorafim
Apr 26, 2014, 07:16 PM
Nearly two months between updates now, huh? I bet you didn't think writing would be this tough.

Since it's been a while since the last update, I had trouble remembering everything that's been happening. But with that considered, it was still pretty easy to figure things out as I read this time.

stukasa
Apr 26, 2014, 09:50 PM
[spoiler-box]I'm glad you explained what some of this military jargon means (like ATO) because otherwise I wouldn't understand a lot of it. :lol:

Not too much going on in this chapter, but I'm looking forward to the next one! ^^ Also, I liked how MultiCore just walked away from that guy before he could finish his explanation. I don't think he was intentionally trying to be rude, he just didn't need to listen to the rest so he left.[/spoiler-box]

Sacrificial
Apr 27, 2014, 04:47 AM
@ strike, but you quoted the same line twice D;

@ zor, nah i dont get me wrong I did not underestimate writing. One does not poop out a book after all and being a true writer is considered a fulltime job. It is just that I've a short holiday now compared to the past months (where I did have little time).

@ stuka [SPOILER](reminds me of ww2 plane lol) I figured it was needed, after all I had to look up fitting English jargon for the story myself.[/SPOILER-BOX]

strikerhunter
Apr 27, 2014, 04:49 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]2nd quote is the fixed version, only and is are switched around.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sacrificial
Jun 8, 2014, 07:38 PM
ch2p4 Briefing

[SPOILER-BOX]
2xx AD
oracle fleet
1330 hours
SD Armory

"There we are."
A door opened and two figures stepped through it. The room the two stepped into was full of SI rifles, well ordained in racks.

"By the way, just call me Riley."

MultiCore nodded and responded with a 'sir!'.

"Getting called ATO is bothersome. They just shouldn't have made such a long name for this rank." Riley sighed.

"Anyway which do you prefer a classic style assault rifle or a bulb-up blaster?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/9mj2F/1d9ca0fcb5.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
The blaster is more compact, but since you are a Cast, the slight difference in weight and size won't really matter much."

"I want the cheapest one in case it breaks."

"In case it breaks? What do you plan doing with it?"

"You never know."

Riley fell silent for a moment. "Well, rifles are cheaper than blasters so....." Riley walked to a rifle rake.

"These rifles here are the Alva type. [SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/9miSp/5a1cd42360.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Single barreled, a three burst mode and a fitted scope. It is known for its low recoil and high accuracy and thus favored by a lot of ARKs rookies."

"I see." MultiCore picked up an Alva rifle from the rack and examined the rifle.
Riley walked to the opposite of the Alva rifle rack.

"These are the Vita type, [SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/9mj0o/96f3238993.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
they are a completely revised model. They hold a larger photon supply giving the rifle more power.
As you can see this rifle as two barrels that. Both are used in a rapid succession while firing so this rifle has a higher rate of fire than the Alva type with more stopping power. This slightly reduces the accuracy though."

"So you are basically saying the Vita is better?"

"Yes and no. You see, what good would fire power do if you can't hit your target, but as a counterpart, a rifle that hits everything but shoots not fast enough could be troublesome as well.
Not to mention, but you are also a Cast quite the size so I'm sure you have enough counterweight for the recoil."

MultiCore nodded in agreement.
"In the end it is all the rifleman's skill. I will take the Vita then. If something happens and I have to take action, I wouldn't want to be to slow."

"A Vita type it is." Riley picked up a Vita rifle and ran a quick scan on its components with his Personal Visiphone.

"The rifle's condition looks perfect."

He paused a bit, clearly showing he was thinking of something.

"I could attach an under mounted shotgun or grenade launcher but you will have to buy the additional type of ammunition yourself."

"How much would that be?"

"Around 700 meseta for the basic kit if I remember correctly."
"Not too much, I'll take one."

2xx AD
Oracle fleet
1500 hours
SD headquarters
First floor.

The room where MultiCore was, was a large circular room and even though it was slightly crowded it was big enough to not hinder someone else.
This room granted access to a certain number of smaller rooms. These rooms were designed and used as debriefing rooms.

MultiCore didn't know which one was meant for him. Yet. In the middle was a semi circular desk with people assigning ARKs to the rooms, so MultiCore walked towards it.

"And you are?" A secretary asked.

"MultiCore, sergeant."

The secretary started to type on the Personal Visiphone behind the desk.

"Ah the new examiner. This way please."

She walked a little less than 20 paces before stopping in front of one of the many doors in the room.

"Your debriefer should already be waiting."

The debriefer was indeed inside already. It was a female human dressed in an officer's navigator suit.

"Greetings sergeant MultiCore." The female saluted. "Let me introduce myself.I am Linda Hart and I'm the leading officer for this year's project."

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/9mkwx/09799efb67.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Her serious expression changed a bit upon saying this, obviously this was no small side role to have.

"Please take a seat." Linda gestured next to Multicore.

MultiCore wanted to reply with his standard line:I'd rather not" , but he saw she was referring to a bench, almost completely out of metal and thick cushions on top.
As it seemed trust worthy MultiCore sat down.

"So how much are you informed as of now?"

"I know I am supposed to be supervising some graduate students."

"And?"

"That was all actually."

Linda let out a sigh of disappointment. "Honestly, I had hoped major Foley had told you more. Ok each examine group will act as a team of four, including the supervisor, meaning you have three students to look after."

MultiCore nodded. "You are their escort which is not an easy feature, as the supervisor you are not actually allowed to help or assist the student,you have to act in the case of an extreme emergency. If you help at an inappropriate time the student's exam will be deemed invalid "

MultiCore nodded again.

"Of course this does not mean you can not interact with them."

"And where exactly will the examination be held?"

"You are assigned to Ambduscia, some unexplored caves have been discovered, which leads me to your team composition, named Hotel.
Two of the students will be examined as scouts and the other one as an assault unit."

"Isn't it a bit too dangerous to send students in an unknown zone?"

"It is, however it is the only good way to examine scouts and actual experience is always better than simulations."

Then the door of the room opened and the same secretary, that lead MultiCore to the room, appeared in the entrance.

"Ma'am Hartman, members of team Hotel have arrived."[/SPOILER-BOX]

Notes:
[SPOILER-BOX]
Decided to split this part in two. Quality is a bit downgrading imo, it just takes so long to get to the fun parts, but I don't want to skip necessary information either *sigh* On the side note I already have 2 side chapters finished and a lot of the fun/action stuff set, but those are still "chronologically" further away. Much further *cough*

[/SPOILER-BOX]

stukasa
Jun 8, 2014, 09:23 PM
[spoiler-box]Aki used an Alba/Alva Laser for a while when she was a rookie. In the game, I mean. I never specified what type of rifle she used in my story but that was the one I usually imagined.

The ARKS don't do a very good job of briefing their instructors beforehand, do they? :lol: And I wonder why they're called Team Hotel...?[/spoiler-box]

Sacrificial
Jun 9, 2014, 03:35 PM
Pictures added.

@stukasa
[SPOILER-BOX]Maybe people assume Cast just download everything from the database? :-? I wouldn't know other wise xD And hotel is just one of the many alpha,beta, gamma naming so I just picked one in the middle to suggest the feeling of having more than one examinee team. Honestly there's nothing more to it.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zorafim
Jun 9, 2014, 08:25 PM
If you're worried about getting the boring stuff out of the way, then look at my story. I had an entire chapter where nothing happened.
I think the trick is to take boring stuff, and make it interesting in its own right. Pay attention to details that readers might miss, or to things people would be naturally drawn to. Whenever I want a pause in the story, I tend to point out the glow of the walls, or the passing of wildlife, for instance.

Sacrificial
Jul 24, 2014, 07:18 PM
What happened previously: MultiCore succeeded in getting a replacement weapon just before his mission briefing. During the briefing his assigned group was brought into the briefing room.

part 5 Departure

2xx AD
Oracle fleet
SD HQ
debriefing room
1530 hours

Three students walked the room in after the secretary had announced their arrival. Two girls, one significantly shorter than the other girl and one boy.
Linda spoke to Multicore, who now was slightly turned towards the door in his bench.

"You will be looking after these three students."

The secretary closed the door behind the three students when they were inside. MultiCore ran a quick scan on the teenagers. The two girls appeared slightly nervous and were chatting with each other.
The boy however didn't seem to interact with them. He seemed as if he didn't like this team setup and he was clearly showing it on his face.

The boy had short white hair and appeared to be human. Both girls were deuman. The short girl had pink purplish hair and her horns were rather small and high centered. Like almost every deuman she had Heterochromia Iridum, a light green eye and a blue one.
The other girl had long brown hair and one eye coloured purple and the other one brown.

MultiCore was slightly surprised upon seeing the group he knew one of them after all.

The students were gestured to stand in front of the briefing monitor.

"Let me introduce you to each other. This boy is called Xiphos Aspis, his role will be similar to an assault unit. He will be tested on the ability to protect, not only himself, but also his team and the ability to disturb possible enemy ranks with shock assaults."

Linda now gestured to the small deuman.

"This is Shipumaru Kanada, she will act as a scout and she will be tested on reconnaissance. And last but not least."

"Moriah Mai'ili" MultiCore said. Moriah looked slightly surprised.

"I see you already know her." Linda confirmed.

"Yes, but I don't think she recognizes me with these parts. I have changed a lot compared to when she was little."

Moriah's expression began to change slowly as she said:"M...MultiCore?" MultiCore nodded. Moriah's expression stayed uncertain for a while, but she smiled soon after realizing that the Cast before her really was MultiCore.

Then Linda cleared her throat. "As I was saying, Moriah will act as a scout like Kanade, thus she will be tested in the same manner."

Linda then gestured to Multicore. "And this is..."

"MultiCore, sergeant. Former rank private in the Mobile Armor and Artillery corps. Now I'm assigned to supervise and escort you.
This is not just a test, this is the real deal. Do not be reckless, do not try anything stupid as this could endanger the lives of your team and yourselves."

The three students responded with a "yes,sir". MultiCore nodded to Linda as a sign she could continue her protocol.

"Ahem, now you know each other it is time to get through important data. All exams will start tomorrow morning at 0800. The duration of the exam varies per team, as each team is tested in a different way.
Of course taking too long will be punished with a score deduction. As for equipment, I am sure you have been explained thoroughly by your teachers, but I will say the rules one last time."

Linda paused a moment.

"One. All weapons that have been registered are allowed.
Two. All weapons and units must be provided by the examinees themselves.
And three. All other necessary items must be provided by the examinees themselves.

Well, that's it. Do not be late tomorrow, it is your important day after all."

2xx AD
Oracle fleet
Hangar
0750 hours

MultiCore was standing by the campship that will drop Kanade,Xiphos, Moriah and him off to Amduscia. The ship was set to depart in 10 minutes.

Xiphos was sitting on the floor next to Multicore looking over his gear, a final check up.[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/ar53z/f4fac6a105.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX] He was wearing a Sensuous coat fitted with small armored plates meshed together.

In his hands were his sword and shield, a Vastal set. In this set, the shield was also the scabbard for the sword. This sword and shield style had started to get more popular, than the two handed swords. Those were based on putting all strength in your first swing to crush or hack your enemy.
While the sword and shield style was more suited for prolonged combat and was based on cutting and stabbing while protecting yourself with the shield.

Moriah was leaning over the railing on the catwalk.
She was dressed in a complete different style as Xiphos. Instead being heavily armored like him, her only armor were a hip guard, a kote and a hachigane to protect her forehead and horns. She also wore a certain type of Alf mask.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/ar4Pr/a51718bbee.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Her weapons were three short blades. Two tanto's on her right side and a wakazashi on her left side. Just like Xiphos her luggage was a small bag that was worn around the waist. To be a good scout or in her case a shinobi you had to be fast on the feet and avoid direct combat at all costs.

Moriah looked around her. "What is Kanade taking so long for.... it is almost time to go."

As campships left the hangar it started to become less rowdy. It was 5 minutes before departure, Xiphos had by now entered the ship.
MultiCore walked towards Moriah and gestured her to board the ship too. Moriah did not want to go yet.

"But Kanade isn't here yet!"

"Moriah getting on the campship in time is already part of the exam. You do not want have a bad start already do you?"

Moriah had her head low in disappointment and shook her head.
MultiCore was right, she could not afford to get minus points.

Once inside Moriah walked to where Xiphos was. All passenger seats were located here. There were 4 main sections in a campship.
The first was of course the pilot cabin, second was the teleporter room, third was the gunship emplacement and fourth were Moriah was located now.

"I'm sure that idiot girl has done something stupid again." Xiphos said randomly.

Moriah responded dumbfounded. "Eh?"

"I mean Kanade, there is always something with her."

Moriah smiled. "Yes, I guess you are right."

MultiCore was still outside in front of the campship's door. He checked his HUD's time and activated his com.

"Skipper, start the engines, it is time to go."

"The pilot responded:" Right away Sergeant MultiCore."

MultiCore turned around for a last look and then entered the campship. At the same moment he heard a vault door opening.

"Waaaaaiiiiit! Waaaaaiiiiiit fooooor meeeeee!"

It was Kanade and she dragged a shoulder bag along half her size. MultiCore shook his head.

"I demand a proper explanation once we have departed young lady!"

"yeeeeeeees" she replied while passing MultiCore, still dragging along the huge bag.

2xx AD
Oracle fleet
Pilot Cabin
0803 hours

"Checking Main system.Communication systems, working. Radar....working. Engines running. Sub systems. No problems detected. All green. Navigator, anchors loose."

"Anchors loose, Skipper"

"Ignite the thrusters. ship Hotel on the move."

The campship started move slowly out of the hangar.

"Minimum distance from the Mainship covered. Engines at full throttle.
Navigator activate the Photon Portal."

"Activating Photon Portal. three.....two..... one....Portal activated. Target planet Amduscia."
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/ar5x1/aac05ced1a.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
The Campship flew throught the portal.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Notes.
[SPOILER-BOX]
Haaa finally another upload. I've been pretty busy packing for my holiday. I'm set to go for tomorrow :D. To Norway. the land of mystical dragons and mythology. By plane.

NO, I did not plan to this before even though, because you know like in the story I also go by plane.(campship) This time it is pretty late, by like 2 weeks later than I had planned.
The next to chapter will be slightly based on my upcoming adventure and I have to write on paper this time because No phone(how I usually write seeing as how I intended this to be a cellphone novel), No internet, no nothing.

[S]Aaaand pictures will be added later.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

yoshiblue
Jul 24, 2014, 09:29 PM
Always interesting to see how people handle ships. I wish you luck on your flight. Watch out for dergans.

stukasa
Jul 24, 2014, 11:07 PM
[spoiler-box]There's a certain part of this that's really reminding me of something I wrote for my sequel (which you haven't seen yet), but I don't want to say it because I don't want to give away any spoilers. xD

Anyway, it's good to see Moriah back in the story again. I had a feeling she might show up at some point. How long has it been since the start of your story (in story time)?

Have fun in Norway! Too bad you can't really take a campship there. :D[/spoiler-box]

Sacrificial
Jul 25, 2014, 05:43 PM
Added low res pictures.

@stuka

It is almost ten years since I was 'born'.

This was in a part at the start of Arc 2 almost a year ago ^^'' so yea 10 years and a few months by now.

@ yoshi
One of my most favorite game dialogues and scenes ever was from the crew of a B-17 bomber. Ever since that I really loved that kind of style so I just kinda copy it. + mechs man, mechs.

Sacrificial
Sep 1, 2014, 07:09 PM
ch3p1

The promised day of the exam was here, in fact the final test had already begun. With a campship MultiCore,Kanade,Moriah and Xiphos were on their way to Amduscia. The land where Dragons rule.

[SPOILER-BOX]2xx AP
Amduscia
Campship

The campship flew in Amduscia's stratopause. The campship had reached planet Amduscia, home of the dragonkin a few minutes ago. Now all that was left for group Hotel was to hover above the unexplored open caverns so the second and main part of the exam could start.

These open caverns or fissures were needed so that the teleporter could set up coordinates for the receiver-end telepipe. Setting up a location in an unexplored cave is far too dangerous because no one knows where the cave's ceiling is exactly or whatever obstacles there may be.

From within the fissures you had to explore the caves to record the actual coordinates.

The campship lowered in speed.

"Sergeant MultiCore we are almost at target destination."

MultiCore grabbed towards his comm. "Roger that, navigator." MultiCore then turned towards Xiphos en Moriah.

"We are almost at our drop zone so get ready and move to the teleport room. Same for you Kanade, you are lucky you don't have to finish your ten pushups for being late."

"Ten?! But that was 16th just now!"

"Oh really? Move along lady or perhaps you want to do more?" MultiCore laughed.

"What?" Kanade yelled loudly while slightly panicked. "Can he just do that? He can't just do that right, Moriah?"

Moriah didn't reply.

"Xiphos?" Xiphos pulled his shoulders up and left the room. MultiCore still laughing gestured both Moriah and Kanade to do the same.

The campship stopped and hovered on the same place.

"We have reached the target destination.
Preparing the telepipe......
Set up complete..........
Activating telepipe........
Telepipe activated..........

You are good to go sergeant."

"Roger skipper, team Hotel setting out."

The photon portal was glowing in a bright blue. Up on looking close you could see the chosen location of a fissure.
MultiCore stood in front of the portal and said

"I will jump down first and secure the perimeter, then I will signal you through our squad channel." The students nodded.

"MultiCore setting out."

He jumped in the portal. Upon contact with the photon portal, the photons started glowing much brighter and MultiCore's body instantly crystallized and then with a flash of light his body got absorbed.

2xx AP
Amduscia
Volcanic Caves

A flash appeared at the horizon follow by a bright blue ray of light falling from the sky. The blue ray kept falling down without changing its speed. It fell past the well known, yet mysterious floating lands of Amduscia.

From the sky orange streams of molten stone could be seen, spread across the lands without a stone roof.

The blue ray fell down below into the lands known for it's numerous caves and fissures with a scorching heat.

The impact of the ray caused a small circular dust cloud. When the dust began to disperse, a large metal body became visible.

MultiCore immediately raised from his kneeling position and pulled his rifle from his shoulder hub. He slowly turned 360 degrees while aiming down the sights. After he had finished the circle, he lowered his rifle and reached to his comm.

"Area clear."

Shortly after his message, three more blue rays shot out of the sky. It didn't take long before they hit the ground and dust clouds formed once again.

Kanade, Moriah and Xiphos had also teleported successfully.

After the dust dispersed, Kanade took off her coat and stuffed it into her huge bag.

"W-what are you wearing?!" Moriah exclaimed.

"A yukata" Kanade was wearing a red and pink blocked yukata with a yellow rappy print. The yukata ended far above the knees, revealing a large portion of her legs.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/1492953_763126883700827_996977737_n.jpg?oh=6f0a863 82c0a8cd183f8c79326dc2cc1&oe=540777B7&__gda__=1409767724_e3120206c826b2692725a8cdd049f3e 9[/SPOILER-BOX]
Her shoes were a lightweight sports model that did not fit at all with the rest of her outfit.

"I can see that, but why? We are on an important mission!"

"Well it's very comfy and it's easy to move in." Kanade replied while stretching her arms as if she was doing a quick warming up.

"Alright! Were to go now Mr Cast!" She asked while doing a fist pump.

MultiCore slightly shook his head, for that tactical change of subject.

"The entrance for the unknown caves start there."

He pointed towards a large crack in the wall that was located approximately 200 meter far from the group.

2xx AP
Amduscia
Volcanic caves

The cave section behind the crack was dark, the only light that was there came through the crack and that light only reached the first few meters. MultiCore stood in front Moriah, Kanade and Xiphos.

"So what now?" The Kanade asked.

"From this point onward, all responsibility will in your own hands. Meaning I'm not in a leading position anymore and will merely act as observer. Your main exam will now start."

"Here?"

"Yes,here. Lead the way."

2xx AP
Amduscia
Volcanic Caves
0900 hours

"It's so dark. I can't see a thing." Kanade whined.

"Shut up! We know it's dark and I don't want to hear that every few meters." Xiphos said and launched a soft jab at Kanade.

"Hey! What are you doing!" She tried to jab back, but was stopped by Moriah.

"Kanade, Xiphos! I can't concentrate if you two keep quarreling like this."

The three of them were clustered together. Moriah had a small flashlight that barely produced enough light to see the ground and the silhouettes of rocks a meter ahead.

Because Moriah was the only one with a light she walked in front. Kanade and Xiphos right behind her.
Like this, they progressed slowly through the dark cave, carefully placing each footstep so that one would not trip over some loose rocks or misstep and fall off an in darkness covered ridge.

MultiCore walked a few meters behind them, with his steps giving a dull sound, he proceeded slowly, but he also walked casually.

He was a Cast after all and most Cast have a variety of spectral range visibility and HUDs to support it like night vision.

With this MultiCore could apply image intensification by magnifying the received amount of photons from light sources. In this case the flashlight Moriah was using.

Because MultiCore registers more photons he can see in the cave better than the others. And to keep track, MultiCore used thermal infrared to identify his group and changes in the ground structure in front of him.

The group of three knew that MultiCore used it and so occasionally a 'stupid cheater' or 'unfair' could be heard from a certain someone.

2xx AP
Amduscia
Volcanic Caves
0910 hours

The cave bend towards the left and started to become very steep. The surroundings started to get slightly brighter each step the group took downward until the ground was leveled off again.
The cave walls and ceiling were now slightly visible.

The cave split in two smaller tunnels, one straight ahead and one that curved to the right and slightly upwards. Light, much clearer than where they were now could be seen in the tunnel straight ahead.

Whilst the right tunnel was not total darkness, it was certainly less appealing.

The three teenagers briefly discussed which side they were going to but quickly decided on the the left way. The light became brighter and the ground and walls became more visible with each step.

Moriah and Kanade looked at each other and nodded.

"We are going ahead Xiphos." Moriah said with a smile. Before Xiphos could reply, she and Kanade ran away.
Ran, because they could see clearly now and with this they didn't need to worry to take a wrong step.

The scouts ran like it was a race, stopping for no obstacle. They used builders as steppingstones to jump over wide holes and used vaults to dash elegantly over rocks, not having to slow down for them.

The exit of the tunnel was close and the light was almost blinding.

Xiphos and MultiCore were still behind, they had no haste in getting there.

"Almost there!" Moriah said. "But not before me!" said Kanade smiling and she passed Moriah.

The girls went into the light and passed the exit.

But what they met was a wall of hot air. Unprepared for the sudden change in temperature,which caused the air to have a lower oxygen density, let the girls fall on their knees, gasping for air.

Dizzy and on all fours they tried to make their way back into the tunnel.

And because theirs bodies had already started to become used to the new oxygen density, they found the strength to crawl back into the tunnel. The cool air filled their lungs and they sighed in relief.

The air coming from the tunnel was cold enough to cool the hot air and keep away the heat.

Most of the hot air went upwards but as it met a stone ceiling the heat could not escape. Moriah still coughed occasionally, but looked outside the tunnel, she saw what came after it. It was a huge area filled with slow magma streams and pools.[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]
The first part of the new chapter. Originally the first part was longer but I cut some off to add it on the coming parts so that they would be even sized. Sadly it was exactly the part where also the action started, so I promise the next part will have some action!

[/SPOILER-BOX]

yoshiblue
Sep 1, 2014, 07:32 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]The game could use more sports shoes. Also can't believe I forgot about the layers of a planet's atmosphere. Education!

Looking forward to the action. [/SPOILER-BOX]

stukasa
Sep 1, 2014, 09:31 PM
[spoiler-box]I have to say, Kanade isn't exactly impressing me with her lack of professionalism during the final exam. If I were her instructor I'd have serious reservations about passing her. And c'mon, who wears a yukata to a battlefield?! Okay, I guess that's a silly question when you look at all the players running around in bikinis, wedding dresses, and Rappy costumes, but still~! Actually, one thing I miss from PSU is the ability to mix and match different clothing parts (tops, bottoms, and footwear).

Anyway, I don't know what's coming next, but I have a feeling their assignment is about to get a lot more eventful!

P.S. One problem I had in my thread was that the thread title wouldn't update when I tried to put the newest date, are you having that problem too or did you just not change yours?[/spoiler-box]

Sacrificial
Sep 2, 2014, 03:18 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]Yea I have that problem too, but that means the thread is already older than a year. Maybe we can get some admin look into it?[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sacrificial
Dec 8, 2014, 04:08 PM
I'm still alive, but I couldn't really find the mood to edit a story for.....5 months. Even now I'm rushing this before I click the tab away ;w;

Well, here's a little side story.

[SPOILER-BOX]
Amduscia,the land where dragons rule. The dragonkin can be found anywhere. On the surface, underground and in the sky. Intelligent and adept with tools like us.
Since not long Darkers have become active on this planet. We do not know why they suddenly appeared,but we must eradicate them as soon as possible. Sadly,not all dragons tribes trust us.Yet.
To get more influence, we must defeat both Darkers and aggressive dragons. And for that , we need the sky to be ours.

2xx AP
Amduscia
1027 hours

"Eagle leader, did we really have to take a detour here? We could have been at target destination already. Crew 's been a bit iffy due the sudden change."

"Eagle Two, we have enough fuel for both missions, tell them their pay gets doubled." A female voice was heard through the comms.

"Eagle Four here, what exactly is our secondary objective?"

"I was just,about to say it,Lyka."

"Sir, please use the code names."

"Alright,alright. Listen up all! Trainee exams are being held in this area. We just need to fly over these fissures,scan them and if we spot something to dangerous ,eliminate it. One pass only, no returns."

"Roger!" Three voices responded .

Four gunships flew in formation. Three T-34's in wedge formation and one B-9 behind them.

Eagle leader's voice went through the comms. "Alright,alright. We have a few hundred meters remaining before we leave this zone.Pilots, keep your eyes open. Navigators, stay focused on your radar."

"Haa. This sure is an easy mission. Eagle leader, Can't we skip the last part and just go on with the real deal?"

"Eagle Two, how can you say such a thing! If the Council gets word of that!"

"Woah easy Lyka."

"It's Eagle Four, Ea-gle Fo-ur."

"A well let's turn on some song for a bit. Any preferences? Otherwise I'll just pick one "

"Yea I got something." Came from Eagle Three. The radio started playing.

A relaxing slow song was hear.

5 minutes later

"Alright, Eagle Two, turn down the radio. We will be leaving the zone in a matter of seconds. Increase speed to 600 and follow one O'clock." All responded with a 'yes sir' and a silence followed.

But the silence did not stay long, shortly after it, a loud bang was heard. Along with surprised sounding screams.
Smoke rose from one of the ships.

Eagle leader acted immediately. "Eagle Two, respond what happened?"

"I...I,don't know. We lost power of our left engine and we are slowly losing altitude because of it. We are getting damage report errors."

"I see, Eagle Four what's your visual of Eagle Two?"

"There is a lot of smoke and sparks coming from your left thruster Eagle Two. Aaaaaah! The your wing is on fire! There must have been a short circuit!"

"What?! A fire? But, it should be alright with the self sealing fuel tanks."

30 seconds later.

".Eagle Two, the fire is not going out. I repeat the fire is not going out."

"It's not working? Damned!"

Inside of Eagle Two.

"Damned,the self sealing tanks are not working. Doyle get in the back and cut the fuel line manually." The man next to the pilot stood up and left the cockpit hastily.
"Eagle Four, how does it look?"

"The fire is starting to spread! Hurry up and do something!" The female pilot sounded desperate.

"Damned! Doyle! Report in. What's keeping you so long!?" "I'm nearly there. If only this panel opened up more easily." "Doyle!" "Got it. Got it, skipper. I close the line."

"Eagle Four, we cut off the line. How is the fire?"
"It's gone,but your left wing looks heavily damaged. I suggest you go back to base or make a emergency landing."

"Yea,I'm getting a headache from the error messages." The pilot started laughing.

"Hahaha even with this much damage the ship is still flying! I thought I was a goner. But man , I hope they wont hold,back our wages. Oi Doyle, we have to drink on this later.
Eagle One, I'm bringing her down I can't risk,flying all the way back."

"Alright, Eagle Two. We will continue with the mission."

"Man,this sure was something."

Then a red ray flashed briefly through the sky and Eagle Two exploded. Parts of the ships's hull flew through the air until Amduscia's gravitation pulled them down. Pieces that were still on fire from the explosion left a frightening trail as they fell.

"What the hell?!" "N-no way."

Inside Eagle One,a warning alarm went on.
"Skipper, negative photon readings are increasing rapidly below us. Darkers!"

"What? Darkers? Damned. How come radar is only picking them up now navi?"

"I think the caves and fissures somehow disrupted the waves sir."

"Which class?"

"There appear to be multiple Dagans and....n-no way."

"Speak on!"
"There are laser class Darkers! Kartago's."

"Kartago...I bet they did Eagle Two in." "High photon readings are coming from the Kartago. They are going to fire!"

"Everyone, raise your altitude asap!"

The three remaining ships pitched upwards, gaining tenths if meters per second in height. At the same time , the group of Kartago fired their laser barrage. The first barrage consisted only of straight fired shots.
They seemed to be randomly fired upwards. In the second barrage however, some Kartago made a sweeping motion of only a few degrees. But at such huge distance from the origin ,only a few degrees can cover a lot of airspace.
One of these sweeping beams caught Eagle Three. The ships entire right wing got cut off. With only the left wing engine working , the ship rolled clockwise,turning it upside down.
Being upside down ,with only half the engine power and with no more lift at all,the ship's speed reduced rapidly and it started to stall and lose altitude. While falling down the airship spinned uncontrollably,rendering the crew unable to do anything except facing the inevitable.

"Leader! Eagle Three is going down too!"

"Nothing we can do about it now. Anyway ,Lyka. Increase your altered faster!"

"It's Eagle Four! And I can't.The ship is to heavy with the package."

"Just drop the bombs. If you get hit now,there will be nothing left of you. I will take responsibility."

"O-okay. You heard Leader. Open the hatches,we are purging the package."

A few seconds later ,the bombs were purged. As they fell, a whistling sound could be heard. Eagle Four,now much lighter had a much easier time gaining altitude.
As the two airships flew higher and higher, the number of shots fired by Kartago reduced,until they completely stopped shooting.

The two ships escaped the Darker ambush. But not without cost.
The crew left behind their fallen friends, even unable to give them a proper farewell.

And unknowing what damage their bombs might have caused.

[/SPOILER-BOX]

yoshiblue
Dec 8, 2014, 04:37 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]Awesome stuff. Yeah, sometimes I also don't feel like working on the story. I also sometimes think of starting on something completely new. So that's why I have fillers, those in-between moments that may or may not range from odd to silly. Always fun on working on odd stuff.

Looking forward to the next segment.[/SPOILER-BOX]

stukasa
Dec 8, 2014, 11:26 PM
[spoiler-box]Well that was sort of a tragic ending, but at least some of them got away! Rather than Eagle team, I was thinking you should've called them Rappy team instead. :lol: By the way, you said "negative photon readings are increasing." What are negative photons? Is that something you made up for your story? Just curious![/spoiler-box]

Sacrificial
Dec 9, 2014, 05:50 PM
[spoiler-box]Well that was sort of a tragic ending, but at least some of them got away! Rather than Eagle team, I was thinking you should've called them Rappy team instead. :lol: By the way, you said "negative photon readings are increasing." What are negative photons? Is that something you made up for your story? Just curious![/spoiler-box]

[SPOILER-BOX]Negative photons= dark type photons.
Dark photons turns the scale readings to negative to make it possible to know where Darkers appear from their dark photon portals. It used to be a thing from system messages, I think. I didn't make it up at least![/SPOILER-BOX]

Sacrificial
Apr 26, 2015, 09:00 PM
As I said, I started writing bits and pieces again. So let's start the continuation of my 2nd arc! \w/ Inside the spoiler is also a small recap of what happened in this arc(written many months ago)
[SPOILER-BOX]

Moriah, Xiphos and Kanada were on Amducia for their final exams. Here, they were tested with a real beginner level mission. During these exams, a group of students is being supervised to watch and guide them. Due to a temporary shortage MultiCore was assigned as a supervisor.

On Amduscia, the group were to map out parts of the volcanic caves. It was in this cave where they found a wide area where rock formations like mazes and rivers of molten rock flowed. It was here, where the group stumbled upon a group of dragons.

2xx AP
Amduscia
Volcanic caves
1030 hours

Xiphos leaned on the rock to see the herd better. The dragon herd kept moving. Then when they almost passed by, the rock Xiphos was leaning on split apart.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/ar50W/92d1e7ab22.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Both Xiphos and part of the rock fell with a dull sound on the ground. 'Are you alright?' Moriah asked. [SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/hs99Q/5a8e340630.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX] Xiphos got up on his feet. 'Yea. I'm fine.' He said. 'Uhm, everyone we might have a problem.' Said Kanade suddenly. 'What's wrong Kanade?' Said Moriah. Kanade pointed towards the dragon herd. 'That!'[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/hs9eY/34dc5f2e4b.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
A small group of Fodoran and Nodiran had separated from the herd. The Fodoran looked towards the Arks trainees. Their claws scrapped over the ground. The Nodiran hid behind them.
'They must have become startled.' Said Moriah.
'It's your fault, Xiphos.' Said Kanade. 'They look very angry now.'

Xiphos looked to Kanade. It's not my fault this rock decided to break now.'

One of the Fodoran roared. The Fodoran that roared, scraped its claw and walked forward. After a few meters it roared again. Then the whole group started moving. The Fodoran roared again. The group started to run.

'Oh shit, run. Run!' Said Xiphos.

The one eyed Fodoran roared again. Now the dragon group sped up to charging. Kanade was the first one that ran away. The Arks trainees ran through the stone maze again. The dragon stampede behind them, closing in.

'They are too fast we can't continue like!' Said Xiphos.
'Don't worry I got something.' Said Kanade.

The dragon horde closed the distance even more and when they almost caught up,

Kanade yelled. 'Now!'

She ran to the right, into a gap in the rock wall. Moriah and Xiphos followed her. Because they jumped away so suddenly the stampede charged past the ARKS trainees. Kanade turned to Moriah and Xiphos, who were still catching their breath. 'See? Told you I had something.'

'I can't believe that worked.' Said Xiphos. Then Kanade frowned. 'Hey, where is MultiCore?' Both Moriah and Xiphos turned around.

Moriah said. ' I,I don't know. He was right behind us. H-he couldn't be....right?'

'Don't worry I'm sure he is fine.' Kanade said. Then loud, dull steps slowly came closer to the gap they were hiding in.'See?' Kanade walked towards, the sound.

'Multicore. Where were you! You let Moriah worry! She said, while walking around the corner.

'Oh....' She paused, then she ran back.

'What's wrong Kanade?' Said Xiphos.

At the same moment a Fodoran turned around the corner and stood in, the entrance of the gap. It was the one-eyed Fodoran from before. After him came two Nodiran.

'Oh' Said Xiphos.

The Fodoran turned its head towards one of the Nodiran, roared and then flung his head back to the ARKS. The Nodiran walked forward and stood still next to the Fodoran and roared back. Then the Nodiran still behind roared too and walked forward. The three dragons now stood linear to each other.

'I guess we have no choice, but to fight.' Said Moriah. 'Looks like it.' Said Xiphos, while he grabbed his Vastall shield from his back. Then he unsheathed his sword from it. The sword's photon edge immediately activated once it left the scabbard and shined in bright yellow.

'I'll draw their attention!' Xiphos raised his shield in front of him.

Kanade dropped her large bag and went into her combat stance. She held her katana in her left hand with her thumb on the tsuba. Her right hand hung slightly above the tsuka. Moriah drew one of her ninjato. While her free hand was close to a set of throwing knives.
Meanwhile the Dragons were also preparing. Their claws scratched the ground, their howl roared through the air. Their horns, sharp as they were pointed to the targets which they were supposed to rip through. The one-eyed Fodoran howled, energy started to surround it and formed some sort of barrier. The dragons roared in unison, then they charged.
'Here they come!' Said Xiphos.

The Nodirans charged first. The left one reached Xiphos first. Xiphos angled his shield just before the horn connected. The horn slit over the shield until the horn went past Xiphos. The Nodiran's body suddenly changed direction to the side while the majority of his speed and force was aimed in front of him. Because of this the Nodiran tripped. Kanade immediately took her chance. She ran toward the fallen Nodiran and gripped her katana.

'4th katana photon arts: Sakura....Endo!' She yelled.

Kanade drew her katana and cut the Nodiran in the same motion. A blue light trial came from the sword. Immediately after the attacking motion her body was surrounded in light. Her whole body's center of gravity and all forms of motion were reset in that instance. All in under a second Kanade made a second attack that crossed her first slash. While performing the second attack, the light trail from the first one was still visible for a second. Because of this it would seem if Kanade attacked twice with one motion for the untrained eye.

Meanwhile the other Nodiran had reached Xiphos. Xiphos could not deflect this blow and caught the attack head-on with his shield. Xiphos grunted. The Nodiran took a fast step back and jabbed again. Xiphos side stepped and raised, his sword. Then he brought down his sword with a yell. 'Raaaaah' The sword sliced partly through the horn before the bone structure gave way to the concentrated force and broke. The Nodiran roared in agony, even though he could not actually feel the horn.

Both Moriah and the Fodoran started to run at the same time. Moriah ran past Xiphos and the Nodiran, who was flailing around now. While on the move she threw a few knives to the Nodiran's side. Then she spin around and threw another set to the Fodoran. The Fodoran saw the attack coming and strengthened his barrier. The knives hit the barrier and most knives bounced off it. However the barrier didn't protect the full body and so a knife found its way in the dragon's flesh. The Fodoran ignored it like it was nothing and continued charging. Moriah took a short sprint and slid underneath the charging dragon. The dragon's claws and hooves stamped beside her as he passed.

Moriah stood up, her weapon ready to strike the dragon at its back. Just after she stood up, the Fodoran stopped his charge within seconds and spun around. This caught Moriah by surprise. The Fodoran swept Moriah back to the ground with the side of his horn. Moriah took the full force the blow and landed flat on her back. The hard landing forced all air out of her lungs, leaving her gasping on the ground.

'Moriah!' Yelled Kanade. 'Hang on, Moriah. I'm coming!' She said.

Kanade looked to the Nodiran lying next to her, raised her katana and stabbed it through the head. A blood-like liquid sprayed out of the hole, before the wound started to crystalize. Kanade paid no attention to droplets that stained her yukata and ran to Moriah. The Fodoran, who had seen the death of his kin,directed his aggression towards Kanade instead Moriah. While on the run Kanade adjusted her katana next to her head with tip pointed forward and said: '8th katana photon arts! Shunka-shunran!'

Her body emitted a bluish light once again and Kanade accelerated and thrust forward. The dragon reacted fast and jumped backwards, causing Kanade's attack be off by a few centimeters.

Xiphos was still trading blows with the second Nodiran, but because the dragon's horn was broken, its attack were more of a blunt weapon instead of a piercing one. Xiphos armor was of good quality so the dragon's attack had minimal damage potential. When the dragon realized it could not win this fight, it turned tail and fled. Xiphos looked surprised by the sudden change of events. Then he turned to his classmates to assist them. Slightly winded from his fight he arrived next to Kanade.

'Need some help?' He said with a smile.

2xx AP
Amduscia
Volcanic caves
1100 hours

Several minutes had passed since Xiphos had joined the fight against the last dragon. Shouts followed by the sound of bladed sweeping through the air could still be heard.

'Damn, this Fodoran sure is tough.' Said Xiphos. 'He sure is.' Said Moriah. Moriah slashed her blade at the dragon.

'Tsk, to shallow again.' She said.

Suddenly the dragon lost interest in the fight and looked upwards to the ceiling for a brief moment. Moriah yelled.

‘Now!’ Moriah, Xiphos and Kanade charged at the dragon from three directions. The three shouted while attacking, to gather every bit of power and put it in their strike. They had to finish the fight now the Fodoran was distracted. The end would be decided with this. Kill the dragon or succumb due exhaustion, trampled or worse, being impaled on one of those horns.

But.

The Fodoran didn’t let it come so far. The dragon ran away. It fled the way it came. The three ARKs almost bumped into each other.

‘What…just happened?’ Xiphos asked. Moriah lifted her shoulders. 'I don’t know.'

Kanade started laughing. ‘It knew it was a lost cause and turned tail!’

Xiphos shake his head. ‘No, I don’t think so. Even three to one he had no problem fighting us.’

‘Well anyway let’s start looking for our instructor. So great how he just went somewhere else.’ Said Kanade.

‘That won’t be necessary.’ A voice came from above them. The three students looked. MultiCore stood on a ledge above them. He clapped slowly, a metallic sound resonated. ‘That was an impressive fight from you three.

‘W-where you watching the whole time from up there?!’ Kanade yelled angrily.

MultiCore nodded. ‘You could’ve helped us! I mean, look at my yukata! It’s covered in that dragon’s blood, it’s totally ruined.’

‘Don’t worry about that.’ Said MultiCore, then he pointed towards the Nodiran’s corpse. ‘It should be almost time for it now.’ The corpse started to glow red.

‘wow.’ said Moriah. Then the blood-like liquid on the trainees started to glow. It slowly started to crystalize, after that it shattered in dust, only to be evaporated into thin air.

‘What was that?’ Asked Kanada.

‘That happens to all dead dragons.’ Said Xiphos. ‘Their soul will be reincarnated and return to restore balance again. You would’ve known that if you paid more attention in class.’ He remarked.

Kanade shrugged.

‘Anyway.’ Added MultiCore. ‘It’s time to move on. There is still a lot of time before your examination ends.

The three examinees together. ’Eeeeeeeeeeeh!?’

‘I’m coming down.’ MultiCore said. He jumped of the ledge and landed with a dull sound. ‘Let’s go.’

Then the ground started to shake. ‘MULTICORE!’ Kanade and Moriah yelled. ‘Wait. Wait. Think logically. That couldn't be me.’ Said MultiCore. Parts of the ceiling started to cave in. The Cast and the two girls started to argue.
‘Stop that and just run!’ Said Xiphos. The others nodded.

Once again the group of four had to run. But now something more fearsome than dragons.

Bonus Chapter Ending song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oJzjK1ViZY)

[/SPOILER-BOX]

yoshiblue
Apr 26, 2015, 10:13 PM
Hazzah!

Sacrificial
Aug 6, 2015, 08:40 PM
almost the last chapter I do for the Amduscia arc.

[SPOILER-BOX]

PreviouslyThe three ARKS students defeated some dragons. After that the four group had to run for their life to avoid being caught in a cave-in.

AP 2XX
Amduscia
Volcanic Caves
1300 Hours

It has been over an hour since the ARKS group fled the collapsing cave, the group found themselves in a new part of the unexplored area. The three students looked around. This section of the cave was wide and the ceiling was high.
The temperature in it was comfortable. Not too high, not too cold. It was not magma that lightened up the cave, but a strange kind of stone.

"Wow!" The three said.

These stones were blue with engravings and a perfectly shaped cube. Some were coloured red. These stones were places on top or next to each other and were almost formed like manmade structures.
Almost all of these of these stones emitted a blue or reddish glow of light.

"I have seen these kind of stones before." Said MultiCore.
"They are made by dragonkin, right." Said Xiphos.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/ar50W/92d1e7ab22.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
"That's right." Said MultiCore. "But as far as I know the dragons of Ho usually don't make these."
"Maybe it is some special place?" Said Xiphos "Or maybe the entrance of something. I think I read something about that."
"Wooaaah! Look at this place, Moriah!" Said Kanade, as she spun around. "I have never seen something like this." She said. [SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/hs9eY/34dc5f2e4b.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

"Me neither." Said Moriah.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/hs99Q/5a8e340630.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The two girls walked beside each other, looking around at the beautiful lights and structures. "Wow. Look at that one, it is so small and cute!" Kanade ran towards a small cube that emitted both a red and blue glow.
"No! Don't touch it!" Said MultiCore and Xiphos in unison. "It's a trap!"

But Kanade had already picked it up and was about to show the cube to Moriah. "Eeeeh?!" She said.

At the same time, the ground started to shake and pillars of dragon cubes began to glow fiercer. Kanade lost her footing and tripped. The cubes rapidly multiplied until they formed walls. These walls blocked the entrance, from where they came, and the other side completely.
When Kanade got back up her feet she said. “What just happened? What is this?”
“You just triggered a dragonkin trap, you idiot!” Yelled Xiphos.
”How was I supposed to know it was a trap.” Said Kanade.
“Tsk, you could have paid attention in class. “Said Xiphos softly.
Moriah sighed. “So what now?” She leaned against the dragonstone wall. “How do we get out of here?” Asked Moriah.
Kanade pumped her fist. “I know! We just have to break it apart!”

“Ah. Wait Kanade.”Said Xiphos. But she didn’t listen. Kanade put her hand above her katana’s hilt. “Phaton Art NO.6. Hatou Rindou!”

Upon drawing her katana, a purple vertical shockwave emitted from her katana and flew through the air. The shockwave hit the wall, which cause to fling up dirt and dust.

“Was that all?” Said Kanade, waiting for the dust to settle. When the dust settled she saw that there was not even a scratch. “Uugh. Hatou Rindo!” Nothing.
“Uugh again! Hatou Rindo!” Nothing again.
By now Kanade started to panic slightly. “I-It’s not working!”

Meanwhile Moriah had walked towards Xiphos. “Xiphos, was’t the solution to dragontraps fighting their guards?”
“Yea, but it depends on the kind of trap. According to the books there were different kind of traps, with the guards being the most common.” Said Xiphos. “Seeing as there are no dragonkin here, I assume this is the keystone variant.”
“Hmm, I see. But we didn’t have to learn that for our test, right?”
Xiphos scratched his head. “Yea, I kinda borrowed a more advanced book. Hehehe.” Xiphos leaned against a rock. “Then again, I don’t really know that much. We’d have to try out everything. MultiCore do you know how to solve this trap?”

MultiCore crossed his arms. “I’m afraid situations like this still fall within your examination. So I’m not allowed to help in this matter.”
Kanade, who overheard this, ran towards MultiCore. “Hey! But you know how to solve this right? Why won’t you tell! Come on just this time!”
“Like I said, your exam also test the ability to deal with unexpected events such as this. I could tell you, but then you’d fail.”
Kanade looked shocked. “B-but…..then what do we do?”
MultiCore walked towards a nearby rock and sat down. “I’m sure you will figure something out. Meanwhile, I’ll go in ‘stand-by’ mode for a bit to not bother you.”
“W-what? H-hey….you are joking right? You can’t leave us like that!”Kanade panicked and stated pounding her fists on MultiCore. “Hey answer me!”
Xiphos and Moriah laughed at the sight. Then they started to discuss how to deal with the dragontrap.

AP 2XX
Amduscia
Volcanic Caves
1345 Hours

MultiCore heard a comm static. "Sergeant MultiCore, come in." It was a female voice. “Staff Officer Linda. I copy." Said MultiCore through his internal comms.
"Ah good." Responded Linda.
"Is there anything wrong, for you to contact me during examination?" Said MultiCore.

"Not necessarily, but I wanted to give you a heads-up that the negative photon levels have raised near the edges of the exam grounds. They may expand inwards.
They are already dispatching a number of teams to sweep up the Darkers, but it appears there have also been readings on Vopar. Vopar aside, they could easily miss Darker groups due to Amduscia's tunnel network, so...."
"I'll keep them save. “Said MultiCore.
"Thank you, but don't go too far. If you happen to stumble upon Darkers. Their first real encounter will give them valuable combat experience that might save their lives for another time when they are alone." Said Linda.
"I will notify the remaining examiners now. Oh, and don't forget to relay the co-ordinates at the end of the day or we can't pick you all up. Over."
"Roger that. Over." Said Multicore, ending the comm call. MultiCore activated his eye cameras again and looked around to check if the students made any progress.
Instead he saw Kanade's face right before him. She squat in front of him. "Hey! Moriah, he is active again!" Said Kanade out loud.
After a while Moriah came running towards the two. "MultiCore, we found another one of those special cubes. They are the key to get out right? Right?" Said Moriah.
"Come oooon. Give us a hint already." Whined Kanade, while clinging to MultiCore. "Fine. Since you basically know already. Where is Xiphos?" Said MultiCore, while pulling Kanade of him.
"He is looking out if there are more." Said Moriah.
"I see." Said MultiCore. "There should be at least one more." Said MultiCore. "They usually come in sets of three, five or seven."
"Heeeh...Xiphos said the same thing."Said Kanade.
"Then why did you..."Said MultiCore.
”Moriah and I didn't believe him." Answered Kanade. MultiCore looked at Moriah. She glanced away. MultiCore sighed.
"Found it!" Yelled Xiphos. He waved a cube in the air. Xiphos walked to the three others. When he joined the others, Kanade grabbed the cube from his hands and ran towards the Dragon cube wall.
This time Xiphos signed and followed her. After watching the display Moriah and MultiCore followed too.

Kanade hold out the three cubes to the wall. They slowly glowed up in order. But the wall remained as it was.
"And now?" Said Kanade. "I don't think it is working."
"I guess we need more of them." Said Xiphos.
"No, wait." Said Moriah. "I'm hearing something. It come from the wall."
"Or more like, from behind it." Said Xiphos, who was hearing something too now.

MultiCore amplified his hearing. -hmm, sounds like scratching and hacking in on stone.- Then MultiCore realized what it meant.
"Get away from the wall! Assume battle positions!" Roared MultiCore.
Xiphos pulled his sword upon hearing battle positions, but stood slightly dazed by MultiCore's outburst. Kanade and Moriah looked shocked too. "Move it! This is no time to be slow." He MultiCore pulled Xiphos backwards and walked to Moriah and Kanade to do the same.
"M-MultiCore. What's wrong? This is all so sudden." Asked Moriah. "Something bad." Said MultiCore. Now move it ladies!" He guided both girls with arms wide away from the wall.

Then the wall crumpled apart and collapsed with a loud noise."Kyaa" Both girls screamed from the sudden bang. Bits and pieces were flung around as they ricochet from the uneven ground.
MultiCore now almost embraced both girls to protect them from the ruble. Xiphos was far enough and had pulled out his shield too by now.

"What's happening!?" Said Kanade.
"Darkers!" Said MultiCore. "To have come this far already...."He scanned throughout the dust.

Out of the dust cloud flew some dark photon spikes. They hit MultiCore, but where either deflected by his angled armor or got stuck halfway in the armor's plate.

"pull back and regroup by that slope in the corner." Said MultiCore.
Xiphos, Moriah and Kanade did as they were told to. A hidden container in MultiCore's armor opened up. He grabbed cylindrical object from it and threw it into the dust cloud.
"Stun grenade!" A small flash was seen as the grenade exploded. -That should give us some time.- MultiCore joined the trainees at the slope.
"Seems like you will deal with them much faster than after graduation." Said MultiCore. "Okay everyone get in the following battle positions. Kanade and Xiphos you take....wait a minute."
MultiCore stopped mid-sentence.
"Change of plans. Xiphos take the lead. Treat me like I'm one of you and not your examiner. Let's add another examination component."
Kanade and Moriah looked at Xiphos. "Can he do that?" Asked Xiphos. Kanade shrugged.
"So. What's the plan?" Asked MultiCore,while he grabbed his rifle from his shoulder bay. He looked at Xiphos. "The grenades effect should start to diminish pretty soon."
Xiphos coughed. "Uhm. I think we should position ourselves somewhat higher here and asses their numbers first." Said Xiphos.
"That way, we can tell if we can defend against this Darker wave and counter attack or if we should retreat back into the tunnels. “Continued Xiphos.
”Fighting with a height advantage could certainly help." Confirmed Moriah. "You can hold the Darkers at distance with your shield. While Kanade and I attack those that run past you."
"Hmm." Said Xiphos. "But maybe you attack them from the sides while they focus on us. With your speed that shouldn't be a problem and MultiCore's rifle can take out some from a distance anyway."
Screeches could be heard from within the dust as it settled down.
"I guess the stun has worn off." Said Kanade. "Here they come!"

The first Darkers showed themselves. Four Dagan. Their big dark legs crawled over the ground. Pieces of rock chipped of when their legs touched the ground. They halted a meter away from the collapsed wall. They looked around, screeching when they located the group of ARKS.
"They are bigger than they look in the simulator lessons." Said Moriah. Behind the Dagans appeared three Krahda and one El Arda. The Krahdas scattered around and moved very nimble. The El Arda flew slowly above the Dagan. Its wings moved so fast, that they were hard to see.
The Dagan and the El Arda were the first to attack. The El Arda prepared to charge, it hovered still in the air.
"MultiCore, can you intercept the big one." Said Xiphos.
"Of course." Said MultiCore. He aimed his rifle and waited for the right moment. The El Arda looped in the air and made short dive before flying low over the ground. Its bladed arms held crossed in front.
Ready to unleash its attack and rip his enemy in half. The Darker closed the lost distance from the Dagans rapidly. When the El Arda almost flew over the Dagans, MultiCore said.

“Fire in the hole!" MultiCore fired his grenade launcher.

The shell hit the El Arda's back and exploded. The shockwave ripped of one of its wings and knocked the darker into the ground. The Dagan beneath the flying Darker got caught up in the blast too. It died instantly.

The force knocked it away, leaving only half a body on the ground. By now the remaining two Dagan reached Xiphos. The first Dagan raised a leg to stab at Xiphos. The second Dagan flanked Xiphos. This is where it met Kanade's katana. She cut the Darker. Causing it to screech.
Moriah flanked the Dagan and cut its hind legs before rushing to the half crippled El Arda. The three Krahda blocked Moriah's path towards the El Arda. MultiCore shot a few bursts towards them. Suppressing the tiny Darkers and killing one of them. With a gap in her blockade, Moriah ran between the two remaining Krahda.
One Darker recovered from the suppression and lunged towards Moriah.
It only grazed her thigh with its short reach and tiny claws. Due to the adrenaline Moriah didn't feel the cut and completely ignored it.
She reached the El Arda. Its attempts to fly with one wing, caused it to fall on its back. Moriah aimed to strike the exposed core on its belly. The Darker still made an attempt to defend itself, it swung its bladed arm at the ARKS girl. Moriah dodged it and attacked the Darker's core.
With two hands she stabbed her ninjato in the core. The Darker flung its arms and stabbed wildly around in the air with its needle. Moriah, who sat on the Darker was out of range of these poor and uncoordinated attempts.
She lend on blade, putting more pressure on it, which caused the blade to pierce even deeper and twisted the blade when it was on its deepest.
With the full blade of Moriah's weapon in the Darker's core, the El Arda slowly died. When it was dead, Moriah pulled out her weapon and swiftly whipped of the sweat on her forehead. MultiCore shot down another Krahda.
The burst of bullets ripped through its tiny limps severing them while other bullets pierced its head. Then MultiCore turned to help Xiphos and Kanade, trusting Moriah to kill the last Krahda.

Xiphos had blocked the Darker's first initiation. But he had some trouble dealing with Dagan. Even though the Darker's attacks where slow, were heavy and strong.
The Dagan's sharp pointy legs made that even more dangerous.
Xiphos' heavy armor made it hard for him to move freely and attack the Dagan's weak points.
It turned into a duel of stamina and the first mistakes to decide the outcome. Kanade had it easier. Her first strike and Moriah's flanking had damaged the Dagan good enough to limit its movement and power.
The Dagan used its sturdy carapace to its fullest and was completely on defense. Kanade's slashes were swift and clean.
It only took a Kanade moment to realize the Darkers weakness. She fainted a wide and long slash to its foremost leg. The Dagan fell for it and defended with a broad, but low angled stance.
Kanade shortened her swinging curve and redirected it to the opposite leg and stepped past the Darker's defenses.
The katana cut straight through the Darker's leg, just above the knee joint. Now with only three legs left the Dagan had no chance in moving and defending at the same time.
It did not take long before Kanade had stabbed the Darker's core with her katana, killing it.
At the same time Xiphos was still trading blows with the other Dagan. Until the Darker made a full body tackle, knocking Xiphos of his feet. As Xiphos hit the ground he instantly curled up and raised his shield. Being curled up, his shield protected more than just his torso.
The Dagan had no choice other than hack away on the shield. While it did, Xiphos made short stabs upwards hoping to make a good hit.
He didn't, but the Darker did. His shield got knocked out of his hand, leaving Xiphos wide open. The Darker followed up with a hack at his torso. Xiphos' armor protected him, but it cracked upon impact.

"Shit." Said Xiphos. The Dagan raised its leg again. Ready to give the ARKS boy the killing blow.

Kanade pulled out her katana of the dead Dagan. She looked around. She saw Moriah killing the last Krahda. In the distance she also saw the dead El Arda and other Krahda corpses. Kanade turned to Xiphos, expecting the same result.
But she saw Xiphos on the ground and the Dagan on top of him. When Xiphos' shield was knocked away, she broke out in a cold sweat.
She ran towards him. She saw the Dagan strike. She heard Xiphos grunt as the leg hit him.
"No!" Screamed Kanade.
As if one hit was not enough from her perspective, she saw the Dagan raised its leg again and brought it down.
"Nooooooo! Xiphos!"

[/SPOILER-BOX]
NOTES.
[SPOILER-BOX]
Apparently almost all character photo links (puush files) expired so I have to make new ones. The remaining will be added later! (MC eventho you should have a good idea and staff officer Linda) [/SPOILER-BOX]

yoshiblue
Aug 6, 2015, 11:07 PM
You updated! Ah yeah!:rappy:

stukasa
Aug 7, 2015, 12:23 AM
[spoiler-box]Hey! It's been quite a while since the last update, I almost forgot what was happening. xD The recap and character portraits helped remind me, though.

I was very much reminded of the actual game when those walls came up. I've been caught in that 'Dragonkin trap' many times. I'm not sure those kids in your story are ready to be ARKS if they don't even know how to get out of it! :p

That's pretty sad about Xiphos (though you haven't explicitly said he's a goner). What I wonder, though, is what was MC doing while Xiphos was being attacked? Why couldn't he save him? D:

Hopefully it'll be less than three months before the next update! :D[/spoiler-box]

Sacrificial
Aug 16, 2015, 06:15 PM
[spoiler-box]

Hopefully it'll be less than three months before the next update! :D[/spoiler-box]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/1323885698/soon_tm_red_trucker_hat.jpg?height=250&width=250&padToSquare=true[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sacrificial
Jun 22, 2016, 05:04 PM
Hype!
Coming this weekend! [SPOILER]ahahahaha sorry......[/SPOILER-BOX]

stukasa
Jun 23, 2016, 12:25 AM
Looking forward to it! ^^

Sacrificial
Jun 26, 2016, 06:08 PM
Previously.

Kanade pulled out her katana of the dead Dagan.[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/8E5WUB1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX] She looked around. She saw Moriah defeated the last Krahda. In the distance she also saw the dead El Arda and other Krahda corpses. Kanade turned to Xiphos, expecting the same result. But she saw Xiphos on the ground and the Dagan on top of him. [SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/unmRYS0.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
When Xiphos' shield was knocked away, she broke out in a cold sweat. She ran towards him. She saw the Dagan strike. She heard Xiphos grunt as the leg hit him. "No!" Screamed Kanade. As if one hit was not enough from her perspective, she saw the Dagan raised its leg again and brought it down. "Nooooooo! Xiphos!"

The few last hours. part1

AP 2XX
Amduscia
Volcanic Caves (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxhmFviXckc) <------[SPOILER]click
1355 Hours

Then a bright flash burned in her eyes, shortly followed by a bang. Her ears rang and she fell down on the ground. "Aah!?" She cried out. "W-what happened?!" Kanade tried to say more, but she couldn't hear her own voice, because of her ears ringing. Kanade tried to get up, when she started seeing again.
Once she got up her feet and looked in front of her. All she saw were, after-images. Kanade got dizzy and lost her balance. Falling on her rear.
Slowly she started feeling normal again. Her vision started getting better. She saw no afterimages. She looked towards Xiphos, afraid and uncertain what happened. She couldn't believe her eyes.

Xiphos was still alive. MultiCore stood next to Xiphos.[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/XfMhIu0.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX] His hand hold the Dagan in the air. One grasped the Darker by its head, the other by its leg. The same leg that would have killed Xiphos. The Darker moved wildly scratching MultiCore's armor. MultiCore moved his arms slowly apart. He started using more and more force.

Pressure kept building up into his cylindrical muscles.

Until the Dagan's leg got ripped off.

The Darker stopped moving.

MultiCore threw the two separate parts away, then he turned to Xiphos. Xiphos had his hands on his face and twisted on the ground. Tears ran down his cheeks. "Calm down,Xiphos. Bear with it for a little bit." Said MultiCore. He kneeled down next to Xiphos and rested his hand on Xiphos' head.

Kanade joined MultiCore. She held her hand against her head and had trouble walking in a straight line. "What happened? What is wrong with Xiphos? He looks in such a pain. Did the Darker get him?" "No." Said MultiCore. "He will be fine. I threw a stun grenade close to him. Shooting the Dagan could have been too dangerous, had I missed." "Then why is he like that?" Asked Kanade. "He is burned. On detonation, a stun grenade produces a lot of heat. Enough to give burns. It is one of their minor side effects." Said MultiCore. "Minor?" "Yes, a monomate is more than enough to heal the burn." Said MultiCore. MultiCore opened a tiny hatch in his hip armor. He pulled out a small green container. "Here drink up Xiphos." MultiCore pulled away Xiphos' hands. Kanade helped Xiphos sit. Xiphos drank most of the liquid. The rest was spilled and dripped over his clothes. "You will feel beter in no time." MultiCore looked to Kanade. "You drink one too." "Eh? But I'm feeling fine again." Said Kanade. "That bruise on your leg is saying otherwise." MultiCore pointed to her leg. "Eh?" Kanade looked to her leg. On it was a blue purple spot that was a little swollen. "Moriah, you drink up a monomate too." Yelled MultiCore to Moriah, who was running on her way back to the others.[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/lcbUiq2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX] "We will take a short break until the monomate does its work for Xiphos. Xiphos grunted. "That fucking hurt!" Said Xiphos, with tears in the corner of his eyes. "How are you feeling now?" Asked Kanade. "Much better, after that monomate. My face itches like hell though." "That would probably be because your body now tries to shed the burned skin while the monomate forced the same cells to regenerate." Said MultiCore. "Well take a rest. We'll continue the mission later."

AP 2XX
Amduscia
Volcanic Caves
1410 Hours

"Alright, careful now. Eyes wide open." MultiCore said, while stepping over rubble. He held his rifle pointed forward while walking. Moriah, Kanade and Xiphos followed him from behind. "Does it still hurt Xiphos?" Asked Kanade. "No, not really." Said Xiphos. "Hey look!" Said Moriah. "There are more of those dragon structures over there." She pointed in the distance.

As the group moved on, the dragonstone pillars reached closer and closer. They stood before small holes in the cave's rock wall. There was also a destroyed stone wall on their path. A few Dagan corpses slowly disintegrated around it.
Between them lay dead dragonkin scattered around. "Looks like there was a fight here too." Said Kanade. "Poor dragons." Said Moriah. "Poor dragons? We just killed some earlier too, remember?" Said Xiphos. "T-that was self-defense. I still feel sorry for them!" Said Moriah.
MultiCore stopped walking, which automatically made the group stop too. "Alright. Secure the area. There might be some Darkers left here." "Yes!" Said the three others together.
"MultiCore! This dragon is still alive!" Yelled Kanade. "Roger, on my way." Replied MultiCore. The four ARKS stood around the dragon. Kanade kneeled. "Hey, can you hear me? Do you understand me?" The dragon breathed heavy. He was in a bad shape.

[Who. Who are you?] “We are ARKS.” Said Xiphos “More or less.”
[ARKS?]
The dragon laughed, before it turned into coughing.
[So…you made it this far already.]
“What do you mean?” Asked MultiCore.
[Well, it does not matter anymore.]
Said the dragon.
[Darkers…..The Darkers found us first.]
The dragon coughed. “Hey, answer the question.” Said MultiCore.
[They came out nowhere. Our houses…….ah…..our eggs. Please…safe our eggs…..from corruption.]
The dragon coughed again.
[The souls….. need to ……. return to …..the origin.]
“Hey stay with us.”
[Safe… our eggs.]
“Where are they?”
[E-eggs……]
“Yes, the eggs. Where are the eggs?” The dragon slightly tilted his head and used all his remaining strength to move his arm.
[The…..re……]

His arm dropped the short height it made. “He’s gone.” Said Xiphos. “What do we do?” Asked Moriah. “He didn’t point in any direction. He just raised his arm.” “He raised his right arm.
I think our best bet is to continue this path onward and follow the bodies.” Said MultiCore.
“Moriah, scout ahead.” “Okay.” Said Moriah.
Moriah ran ahead of the group, she climbed to higher ground whenever she could and advanced over the many ledges until the tunnel once again spread out into a wide cave room. Moriah crouched down next to an edge. “Let’s see what we have here.”

AP 2XX
Amduscia
Volcanic Caves
1430 Hours

“Hey, there’s Moriah!” Said Kanade cheerfully. Moriah stood on a ledge, waving to the group. The group walked towards her, while she jumped down. “And?” Asked Xiphos. “There is a wide area a few meters from here.” Said Moriah. “There are a lot of holes inside the cave walls and boulders there so I believe it is the dragon village.” “What about Darkers?” Asked Xiphos. “Oh. Right.” Said Moriah. “I have seen three Kartagot class Darkers and a lot of Dagans. Some might have been El, but definitely no Nero’s.” “Did you see any eggs?” Asked MultiCore. “No. I didn’t see any.” “Hmm. Maybe they are inside the holes.” Said MultiCore. “Ok, Moriah. Lead us to a favorable spot to start our attack." “Roger, captain!” Said Moriah, giving a wink. “I’m a sergeant Moriah.”[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]It has been ages,but I believe I have build up enough material to upload more frequently now and I believe I have finally found an ending I like, to finish this whole first adventure.The whole problem was that I severely limited my own option with writing near the ending and so I started to lose interest. Sure I could've miracle skipped it. but that would make stuff confusing. But once again I found something I was actually satisfied with so all is good and I'll be sure to not walk myself into a dead end again hahaha.

PS
As you can see I have actually added a music link this time. I don't know if I will continue doing it but it does add something to certain parts.[/SPOILER-BOX]

stukasa
Jun 27, 2016, 12:07 AM
[spoiler-box]I'm liking the new format! Yeah, it's pretty similar to the old format, but it's the little things you know? Adding music and making the time/location stamp bold, stuff like that.

Even though it's been a while (a long while!) I still remember most of what's going on. The recap and character portraits helped, though. I think some of the portraits are new? ^^

I always liked the Dragonkin subplot in PSO2. It feels like they have their own society and culture. They're not just random baddies thrown in for us to kill.

Also, it would be nice if they had something like Monomates in real life. Just drink some liquid and you'd be cured of any wounds right away! Well, maybe someday...

Looking forward to more! :)[/spoiler-box]

yoshiblue
Jun 27, 2016, 01:42 PM
Ah yeah, that new format. Helps that the song linked text is highlighted too. [SPOILER-BOX]EGG STONE COLLECTION BOYS

If funny that it took until this entry to wonder if Arks flashbags still use magnesium in them, and how much they actually hurt. Was a cool bit though. Ripping off degan legs sounds pretty metal and I wonder if we'll see use of the other ranger tools too? [/SPOILER-BOX]

Sacrificial
Jun 27, 2016, 04:26 PM
@stukasa
[SPOILER-BOX]I indeed used new portraits for some characters. A lot of the old links expired/went lost or went corrupt because I used puush or photobucket. I even had to remake Xiphos from scratch since he was on my old HD and for Multicore I just used an old screenshot where his parts were pretty close to his old era armor.

It sure would be nice to have monomates IRL it would solve a lot of issue's[/SPOILER-BOX]

@Yoshiblue
[SPOILER-BOX]I will certainly refer to more tools, but when and how is a secret ;)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sacrificial
Jul 19, 2016, 05:59 PM
“Oh. Right.” Said Moriah. “I have seen three Kartagot class Darkers and a lot of Dagans. Some might have been El, but definitely no Nero’s.” “Did you see any eggs?” Asked MultiCore. “No. I didn’t see any.”
The last few hours part2
[SPOILER-BOX]AP 2XX
Amduscia (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CILaUsKzJyI)
Volcanic Caves
1435 Hours

“There they are.” Said Moriah. [SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/lcbUiq2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
She pointed forward. “I only see two of them.” Said Xiphos. [SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/unmRYS0.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
“Huh? But I’m sure there were three of them.” Said Moriah. “Maybe it just went behind a boulder?” “Hmm that could be a problem.” Said MultiCore. “We will wait one minute to see if it will appear. After that we will have to take the risk.” The ARKS trainees nodded.

“Is it there yet? Asked Kanade. [SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/8E5WUB1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
“No.” Said Moriah. “MultiCore, the minute has passed.” Said Xiphos. MultiCore answered with a brief silence. [SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/XfMhIu0.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
“Sir?” “There is no help for it. Prepare for combat everyone.” Said MultiCore. “I shall take point. Xiphos, right behind me. Kanade, rear guard. Moriah, prepare to flank, when given the signal.” Xiphos and Moriah nodded while Kanade complained. “Heh!? Rear guard? Can’t I switch with Xiphos?” “No.” “Aw.” Pouted Kanade.
MultiCore opened up a sheet metal box on his leg and grabbed a cylindrical object from it. “What’s that?” Asked Kanade. “Just watch.” Answered MultiCore, while loading it into his under mounted launcher. “Everyone prepare for combat.” “Yes.” The three said in unison. MultiCore turned around. - Combat Mode activate. - A series of photon lights flared up under MultiCore’s armor panels for a short time. MultiCore stepped out of cover and they had their rears exposed.

aimed at the Kartagots. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNC5WrgR0xA) “Fire in the hole.” Said MultiCore. He fired the grenade from his rifle attachment with a hollow –thump- sound. The grenade hit one of the Kartagots straight on the rear core and exploded. The blast ripped the upper body loose from the lower along with some Dagans. MultiCore had loaded another grenade by the time the Darker parts landed on the ground. By now the Darkers had realized they were under attack and the remaining Kartagot slowly turned to the threat, while shielding up with its hardest wing-like parts. “No you don’t!” MultiCore fired before the Kartagot has turned his core away from view. This grenade too, flew straight to the Darkers core. Then two Dagans jumped in the grenade’s line of fire. Killing the Dagans without leaving a single trace, but giving the Kartago enough time to completely hide its core and to angle itself. “What!?” Said MultiCore. “Did those Darkers just sacrifice themselves?” Said Xiphos in disbelieve. “I have never seen this before.” Said MultiCore also in disbelieve. “Is it that bad? Can’t we do it the normal way?” Asked Kanade. Her look jabbed MultiCore. “….. That’s right.” Said MultiCore. He sighed. “But the easy way is always better. Anyway, here they come.”

The Dagans charged forward. MultiCore picked them of one by one from a distance with his rifle, reducing their numbers by half. Only 8 Dagans reached the ARKS. Now within melee range Xiphos and Moriah charged the Dagans. Again Xiphos from the front and Moriah from the side. Xiphos ran with his shield in front and slammed into the first Dagan and bashed it into the ground. While raising his body he made a cutting motion towards the Dagan. Again the Darkers relied on swarming and the third Dagan was already preparing to attack. “Shit.” Xiphos raised his shield. The Dagan leapt into the air and then disappeared from his sight. Xiphos lowered his shield to see where it went. He saw Moriah crouched on the Darker’s corpse with her short sword in the body. “Got it.” She said and winked. “Y-yea….of course.” Said Xiphos.
Meanwhile MultiCore circled to the left. “Kanade, on me!” “Eh? What’s on you?” Said Kanade. “Eeug…..Just…just follow me, Kanade.” Said MultiCore. “So what’s up?” “Moving counterclockwise to nine o’clock. You. Flank hard. Watch the shadows.” “Can you like? Drop the jargon, so I can understand?” Said Kanade. MultiCore fell in silence. “Look for the last Kartagot while we attack from the side.” “Right. Let’s do this!” Said Kanade. While Xipohs and Moriah were fighting the Dagans, MultiCore suppressed the Kartagot with his rifle. With the Kartagot being unable to fire lasers, Xiphos and Moriah could fight without worrying being split in half.

“MultiCore behind you!” Yelled Kanade. MultiCore instinctively rolled away and turned around. He readied his rifle while on his side, scanning for the threat. However Kanade had already started her attack on the Darker. She held her katana sheeted to her side and jumped in the air. “Eleventh photon art! Gurentessen!” Kanade vanished from sight and reappeared behind the Kartagot. Then she drew and slashed her katana in a fluid motion. From slash materialized a photon wave that cut even deeper than her blade itself. The Kartagot instantly died. “Got it!” Said Kanade. “Good job.” Said MultiCore, while getting back on his feet.

While MultiCore was kept busy by the third Kartagot’s ambush (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itxx_VVzpuk)
, the second Kartagot found the time to fire its laser towards Xiphos and Moriah. “Xiphos!” Said Moriah. “On it.” Said Xiphos. Xiphos readied himself. He watched the beam scorch the ground as it drew faster in seconds. “Almost….now!” Said Xiphos. “Just guard!” Xiphos swung his shield in front of him. He held it slightly angled, then a thin layer of photons materialized the shield. He deflected the majority of the beam upwards while reflecting a small portion back at the Darker. The laser cut of an armored wing, effectively halving the Kartagot’s defense.
The Kartagot crawled backwards with the intent to retreat. Moriah would not let it however. She charged forward, ran past the remaining Dagans. The Kartagot fired another beam while retreating. Moriah dashed to evade it. Using that momentum she stepped up some boulders. Now running along those boulders she leapt off towards the Kartagot. She made herself as small as possible in the air with her short sword and a dagger readied to strike. As she landed on the Kartagot, her weapons were driven in the Darker’s core. Moriah then made a backflip to make distance and rolled to lessen her impact on the ground. Moriah readied her weapons, but the Darker was already dead. She sheeted her dagger in one motion, while still holding her guard with her short sword.
MultiCore and Kanade started engaging the remaining Dagans. While MultiCore suppressed the Dagans from moving by shooting of their limps. Kanade’s afterimage flashed through the battlefield leaving cleanly split Darkers behind her. After suppressing MultiCore decide to save time by straight out shooting two Dagans through their heads. Leaving their bodies twitching on the ground. Xiphos killed the last Dagan. He held down the Darker with his shield and plunged down his sword from above through its body.

AP 2XX
Amduscia (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CILaUsKzJyI)
Volcanic Caves
1445 Hours

“Phew, that was a nice workout.” Said Kanade. “Was that really the last of them?” Said Xiphos, while looking around. “Dunno, not seeing anymore. Let’s get those eggs!” Said Kanade. “Wait a moment.” Said MultiCore. He activated his comm. “Sergeant MultiCore here. Mission accomplished. The Darkers in this area have been eliminated. Location team Hotel. Can you confirm? Over.” “Yes, we receive no remaining Darker readings. Well done.” Said Staff Officer Linda. MultiCore gestured it was safe to the others and they left to search for the eggs.

“The minimal amount of time spend for the exam necessary is nearing so you can let the students take a breather if you think you have enough data. Over.” “About that. ” Said MultiCore. “We have stumbled upon and acquired a number of dragon eggs.” “Dragon eggs? Really?! “ “Affirmative. I don’t see anything on the evaluation sheet concerning this. Over.” “hmm I see.” Said Staff Officer Linda. “Sorry, currently I don’t have information on this matter either. I will ask around. For now I will send down a collection portal. Over.” “Affirmative. That’s all there is then. Over and out.” Said MultiCore.

A portal appeared on the ground. It was shaped as a triangle compared to the circle shaped telepipes for people. MultiCore gestured towards it. “Everyone, you can drop the eggs there and wait until exam time is over.” “Wait, we will send them to our ships?” Said Moriah. “Didn’t we save them for the dragons?” “Well, all the dragonkin here are dead.” Said MultiCore. “And don’t think that another clan will take care of another clan’s eggs.” “But.” Said Moriah. “The only way to save them from corruption now is to take them with us. Not only that, dragon eggs are a highly sought after source of information by ARKS researchers.” “Will they be hatched and released after being researched?” Asked Xiphos. “I’m unable to answer that, sorry.” Said MultiCore. “Does that mean they might never be released?” Asked Xiphos. “I’m unable to answer that, sorry.” Said MultiCore once again.
The students protested a little with their expectations being different than reality, but complied shortly after. “The exam will end shortly for you. I understand you are disappointment, but really the other option would be far worse, I assume you all understand what that option holds.” MultiCore saw some vague nods. “Take some time alone until the telepipe appears.” Said MultiCore.[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]I had planned to update sooner but PokemonGo happend hahaha. The end results of the student trio will be posted in 3 weeks at its longest along with the first side story short.Now Imma enjoy my holiday in France.[/SPOILER-BOX]

stukasa
Jul 19, 2016, 08:00 PM
[spoiler-box]I had to facepalm a little when Kanade told MultiCore not to speak in military jargon. I mean c'mon, she's training to be an ARKS soldier! She should have learned what all that jargon meant!

Is "Gurentessen" a real thing or did you just make it up? I haven't played Braver before, do they really leave an after-image as they jump around the battlefield?

I agree with the students, I don't have a good feeling about those Dragon eggs. They are more likely to be dissected and studied forever, unfortunately. ^^;

P.S. Have fun on your holiday! ^^[/spoiler-box]

Sacrificial
Jul 19, 2016, 09:01 PM
@stuka
[SPOILER-BOX]
Yup its a real pa. spelling might be slightly off since english translation and all. It's actually more used for its travel capabilities and trash mob killing. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29042978 This wil give you an idea.

[/SPOILER-BOX]

yoshiblue
Jul 20, 2016, 07:50 PM
Yeb, when it came to katana pa translations, that's just how they ended up.Darkers trying to save one another. That's pretty impressive. A student trying a just guard sounds pretty risky though. In the end, the did it. [SPOILER]Not sure that's how the dragon eggs work, since they're stones— maybe soul stones even, but whatever.[/SPOILER-BOX]