PDA

View Full Version : If you have an auto-word for every single action, you are annoying your party.

Zipzo
Aug 20, 2013, 08:07 AM
I don't mind an auto-word for certain things that may demand attention like dying or calling out a code...or even finding a rare.

Where it gets flippant and pretentious is when you have a self-assumed witty remark flying off of every single one of your movements. This isn't funny, nor does it make grouping with you fun and interesting. It makes me never want to play with you or your partner character.

You don't look cool, it doesn't make everyone else's (or even yours) game experience any better, and all it does is clutter my screen with the same repeated nonsense 100 times (for each auto-word you've set) during one time attack mission...which in any other medium would make you look like an insane person.

Word of advice : limit your auto-words to maybe 1-3 unique actions, and make sure none of them are things that happen repeatedly over the course of a mission in a short span of time (like getting hit, or attacking, why on earth would you set auto-words for these things).

Tootles.

Noc Codez
Aug 20, 2013, 08:12 AM
Whlp here's the skinny..

They play the game how they want too. There's honestly nothing you can say or do to change that.. Do I agree with you sure but it's not that annoying as you're making it sound.. Try doing VH Tacos and all your party does is stop and chat it up while doing the missions.. now that's annoying my friend.

EvilMag
Aug 20, 2013, 08:12 AM
GET A LOAD OF THIS!

Zipzo
Aug 20, 2013, 08:15 AM
Whlp here's the skinny..

They play the game how they want too. There's honestly nothing you can say or do to change that.. Do I agree with you sure but it's not that annoying as you're making it sound.. Try doing VH Tacos and all your party does is stop and chat it up while doing the missions.. now that's annoying my friend.

Well, yeah. If there was a big red button I could smash to simultaneously ban auto-words from everyone on certain actions or just from everybody in my party I'd slam it every time. There isn't though, so yeah. They play the game how they want to, but it's affecting my game too. It's irritating. If they want to be irritating they should go be irritating by themselves. The situation you described is also annoying but a different matter.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2013, 08:15 AM
/ci7 for everything

Nikoshae
Aug 20, 2013, 08:26 AM
I feel it's actually kind of flippant to make a blanket statement saying that when you use auto-words you're annoying your party. It sounds like auto-words are really just annoying you, though I have no doubt there are folks who share your opinion. There is an option to turn them off, though.

I personally find auto-words to be amusing, and gives a personality to the teammates I'm running with at the time. It also shows they're creative, and care about the characters they play enough to come up with auto-words for them.

If anything, I get annoyed by people who just constantly display a cut-in image of their still, staring face for no particular reason. This tends to happen quite frequently in B20 of Ship 2. This tends to also happen quite frequently while the "offender" is wearing a Rappy Suit. But, hey, I can always switch blocks, now can't I ;)

~Aya~
Aug 20, 2013, 08:29 AM
I like it when I stand on a button in a TA map like sanctum and am waiting for everyone else only to watch someone run up to me and stand on the same button... then expect me to move >~>;;.

Am like. BISH... STEP!! LOL 8D; FIND YO OWN BUTTON. THERE ARE FOUR!!! D<!!

Zipzo
Aug 20, 2013, 08:34 AM
I feel it's actually kind of flippant to make a blanket statement saying that when you use auto-words you're annoying your party. It sounds like auto-words are really just annoying you, though I have no doubt there are folks who share your opinion. There is an option to turn them off, though.

You can remove them from your chat log but not from flying around your screen, as far as I was aware. Which is not only the whole point, but the part where it matters most. If it was all confined to the chat log that would be less irritating. Still irritating, but less so.

Nikoshae
Aug 20, 2013, 08:41 AM
You can remove them from your chat log but not from flying around your screen, as far as I was aware. Which is not only the whole point, but the part where it matters most. If it was all confined to the chat log that would be less irritating. Still irritating, but less so.

You know ... I just did a test, cuz there is an option to disable auto-words from actually showing. Apparently this only applies to your own.

That being said I retract that part of my statement lol ... that's kind of stupid that you can only disable your own, but you are forced to see everyone else's. They really need to change that.

Even still, I stand by my 'blanket statement' bit. It's unfortunate they annoy you, but there seems to be little you or anyone can do until they fix that. And that is a shame.

Edit: This is the option I was referring to. Why on earth would they limit it only to your own, but not overall ...?

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/Eternamente926/autowords.png

Chdata
Aug 20, 2013, 08:42 AM
I for one like seeing what people come up with.

A lot of autowords are cheesey though.

isCasted
Aug 20, 2013, 08:49 AM
Agree.

Darki
Aug 20, 2013, 09:13 AM
I don't really care much for autowords. I don't really find annoying people saying random stuff once in a while, or very often if they set it for attacks.

What I consider annoying is to set all autowords as yells and/or with cut-in chat, mostly because they're too noisy and cover my view a lot. But honestly, if you're going to get all bitchy because I got my autowords for attacks with just a "yah", I'd say you might be overreacting.

Punisher106
Aug 20, 2013, 09:17 AM
Autowords are okay. I like to use them to give my characters some form of personality. I only use cut-ins for things that people need to be aware of, such as E-trials, me dying/being revived, PSE bursts, that sort of thing. Otherwise, it's just the words. Nearly everybody I've played with uses autowords, so deal with it, zip. |:

Lostbob117
Aug 20, 2013, 09:25 AM
Do you play at a really small resolution?

Agastya
Aug 20, 2013, 09:30 AM
look out, that man is role playing in a role-playing game

Kondibon
Aug 20, 2013, 09:38 AM
I really like Milla's Auto words because they're meant to add to her character and show off her odd way of speaking. I can definitely see why people would be annoyed at someone having autowords (especially long ones) for every little thing though.

I can't stand when people have cut ins, or symbol art for everything, and I also don't like when people circumvent the party chat limitation with /a for generic stuff that doesn't actually help, but that's about the extent of my distaste.

I tried to limit mine mostly to important stuff, and cut-ins only to mission starting, mission ending, dying, and PSE bursts.

strikerhunter
Aug 20, 2013, 09:42 AM
I don't mind an auto-word for certain things that may demand attention like dying or calling out a code...or even finding a rare.

Where it gets flippant and pretentious is when you have a self-assumed witty remark flying off of every single one of your movements. This isn't funny, nor does it make grouping with you fun and interesting. It makes me never want to play with you or your partner character.

You don't look cool, it doesn't make everyone else's (or even yours) game experience any better, and all it does is clutter my screen with the same repeated nonsense 100 times (for each auto-word you've set) during one time attack mission...which in any other medium would make you look like an insane person.

Word of advice : limit your auto-words to maybe 1-3 unique actions, and make sure none of them are things that happen repeatedly over the course of a mission in a short span of time (like getting hit, or attacking, why on earth would you set auto-words for these things).

Tootles.

Of all the time to create a thread on being annoyed by auto-words, you do it now? Well guess the annoyance finally pushed your button.

If you are annoyed from auto-words while in a mission, just politely ask your party members to turn their auto-words off for the time being rather than create a thread and telling everyone that it is annoying to do so you should not make auto-words.

Simple as that, just ask your mates to turn it off, how hard is that?

jooozek
Aug 20, 2013, 09:54 AM
yes, autowords are retarded
even more retarded is that we can't disable chat bubbles
it's like SEGA is saying "drown in shit"

Wolf_Asari
Aug 20, 2013, 09:56 AM
Of all the time to create a thread on being annoyed by auto-words, you do it now? Well guess the annoyance finally pushed your button.

If you are annoyed from auto-words while in a mission, just politely ask your party members to turn their auto-words off for the time being rather than create a thread and telling everyone that it is annoying to do so you should not make auto-words.

Simple, because they can be rude in this public forum because they're not directly mentioning someone, but when you are in a party and the person who is "annoying you" they chicken out.

It all boils down to they like to complain on public forums about this crap rather than solving it directly with the user. I use auto-words like that but I would have no problem if the person (even rudely) asks me to turn them off if it's annoying them.

Kondibon
Aug 20, 2013, 09:58 AM

Given how asinine people can be, probably harder than you think.

"Can you turn your auto words off, they're kind of distracting and getting annoying"

"lol why? Just ignore them, it's not like you have to read them"

"They kinda block the screen, especially the ones with cut-ins, I'd rather not have that happening every time you whack trash mobs"

"It's not like you need to be able to see trash mobs to one shot them"

"That doesn't make it any less annoying, and it's kind of a problem during boss fights too"

etc. etc...

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2013, 10:01 AM
in what world do you live where people react rationally and behave like adults?

I've asked people to tone down their 3 line dissertation autowords for literally every goddamn action on the list as politely as humanly possible and been met with "my other friends don't mind so you shouldn't either"

I shouldn't, maybe, but I do, so fuck off

(when I said that last part they still didn't disable them, so being polite didn't work and neither did being rude)

Zenobia
Aug 20, 2013, 10:02 AM
Only thing I remember I even chuckled as when I went too do fun point runs with err body partner cards. Then I went down off the ship and all 3 of them toged!

I am like WORD.......

Zyrusticae
Aug 20, 2013, 10:02 AM
Somehow I feel like this thread is aimed at me. Hahaha.

But seriously, if you don't want to see them, just ask me to turn them off and I'll turn them off. For me, I don't think they're that annoying unless they're using cut-ins or symbol art for every action (I only use cut-ins for mission start and end and symbol arts for PSE burst), but even then it's not really something that disrupts my focus or anything.

Alenoir
Aug 20, 2013, 10:11 AM
AW convo
A similar convo actually happened within our team, but for symbol art spam instead from someone that's not running missions, while some others are TAing.

Kondibon
Aug 20, 2013, 10:16 AM
A similar convo actually happened within our team, but for symbol art spam instead from someone that's not running missions, while some others are TAing.

I see this kind of thing in a lot of games for plenty of stuff so I kinda see it coming.

Mabinogi: "Stop playing auto music, it's annoying."
"But I'm training music playing D:"

GW2: "Stop using map chat for idle conversations."

"But I like meeting new people. D:"

etc...

I definitely pick sides in both of those cases but with Auto words it's a bit more complicated to me as, despite being annoying, some people still have useful stuff like Emergency Trial calls and the like. I guess it depends on how much you value that stuff.

EDIT: Fun fact: Thanks to Milla's Auto words I have to make a concious effort not to refer to my self as "This Unit". ._.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2013, 10:20 AM
Yeah, they should have autoword profiles and have our bots default to the first profile so we don't have to change every single autoword when we update our bots, but we can all use our second profile for actually useful stuff.

Ooooor shortcut chats are fine too. One for target announcement, another for trial announcement. All done.

Kondibon
Aug 20, 2013, 10:26 AM
Yeah, they should have autoword profiles and have our bots default to the first profile so we don't have to change every single autoword when we update our bots, but we can all use our second profile for actually useful stuff.

Ooooor shortcut chats are fine too. One for target announcement, another for trial announcement. All done.

That last bit is what I plan on doing. Mostly because I find it kinda funny when someone's auto words call an E-Trial in a boss room.

Cue 5 people calling out falz hands. ._.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 20, 2013, 10:26 AM

Or just give peeps the option to turn off seeing other's AW entirely. Wouldn't be that hard, I imagine. People don't like the fact that I'm trying to flesh out a personality that I have for a character in game? That's fine, they have the option to turn off autowards.

Boom, done.

Ouranos
Aug 20, 2013, 10:27 AM
Agreed. Vita's small screen had it worst for spamming text bubbles. It happened to me a lot on border break mpa when fighting Persona. Can't really see what he's about to do when someone popping text bubbles. I've been downed by his Sonic arrow numerous times because of this.

Darki
Aug 20, 2013, 10:31 AM
Somehow I feel like this thread is aimed at me. Hahaha.

But seriously, if you don't want to see them, just ask me to turn them off and I'll turn them off. For me, I don't think they're that annoying unless they're using cut-ins or symbol art for every action (I only use cut-ins for mission start and end and symbol arts for PSE burst), but even then it's not really something that disrupts my focus or anything.

How do you put SAs in autowords? I actually wanted to put one for PSE bursts but didn't figure it out (didn't look too much for it, tbh).

ReaperTheAbsol
Aug 20, 2013, 10:31 AM
I stopped using my auto words a long time ago. I just use shortcut responses now.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2013, 10:32 AM
Or just give peeps the option to turn off seeing other's AW entirely. Wouldn't be that hard, I imagine. People don't like the fact that I'm trying to flesh out a personality that I have for a character in game? That's fine, they have the option to turn off autowards.

Boom, done.

Why not both?

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 20, 2013, 10:35 AM
I made my autowords 100% Omega

Bitch don't kill my vibe

Aomber
Aug 20, 2013, 10:35 AM
Just disable them if you don't wanna see them. It doesn't bother me personally since I have a 1080p monitor anyway but I can see it getting annoying on smaller resolutions.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 20, 2013, 10:36 AM
Why not both?

That's what I was thinking.

Shirokami
Aug 20, 2013, 10:36 AM
I got in a Vopar beach wars party, I'm currently playing in 1280x720 window mode because the game crashes at full screen, the problem began when everyone in my party had completely retarded autowords for every damn single action, I literally couldn't even see where I was running to or if there were enemies in front of me.
I got so mad that I did this to get my revenge:http://i40.tinypic.com/35lsp3d.jpg
Yes, supremacy for every single possible autoword.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 20, 2013, 10:38 AM
I got in a Vopar beach wars party, I'm currently playing in 1280x720 window mode.

Have you tried playing in virtual fullscreen?

Shirokami
Aug 20, 2013, 10:39 AM
Have you tried playing in virtual fullscreen?

Frame rate doesn't go over 20 FPS, with normal fullscreen or window mode I get between 40 and 60 on max settings.

Afin
totally was unaware of the auto-word feature
totally using it now

Enforcer MKV
Frame rate doesn't go over 20 FPS, with normal fullscreen or window mode I get between 40 and 60 on max settings.

Strange.

Nikoshae
Aug 20, 2013, 10:40 AM
totally was unaware of the auto-word feature
totally using it now

Oh no, we have created a monster lol

DoubleCannon
Aug 20, 2013, 10:41 AM
GET A LOAD OF THIS!

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/i/2012/173/4/1/get_a_load_of_this__sonic_by_sonikwolf1498-d54h0pq.jpg

lmao all I thought of was SA1

Crysteon
Aug 20, 2013, 10:41 AM
I dont really mind autowords, but I swear some people's creativity with them is worse than a potato's.

Now...I wish we were able to block Symbol Arts, though.

pkemr4
Aug 20, 2013, 10:42 AM
Inb4 patch to disable you from seeing peoples autowords. Also i was in a party with player constantly posting symbol arts saying "pse burst" and "exceed the limit" almost for every attack or action.....

Dnd
Aug 20, 2013, 10:45 AM
I would be quite happy to disable them if someone found them annoying, afaik every-time I update my npc they are off anyway - but until then, they are on :3

Zysets
Aug 20, 2013, 10:46 AM
i was in a party with player constantly posting symbol arts saying "pse burst" and "exceed the limit" almost for every attack or action.....

That makes little to no sense. I guess everything is a PSE Burst to them?

Afin
Aug 20, 2013, 10:47 AM
Oh no, we have created a monster lol

/aibou spam

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 20, 2013, 10:47 AM
I should change my autowords from Omega quotes to Link screaming

Nikoshae
Aug 20, 2013, 10:52 AM
I would be quite happy to disable them if someone found them annoying, afaik every-time I update my npc they are off anyway - but until then, they are on :3

I sometimes brings friends' NPC's specifically because I enjoy their autowords lol

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2013, 10:52 AM
I should change my autowords from Omega quotes to Link screaming

Beat you to it.

jooozek
Aug 20, 2013, 10:53 AM
Just disable them if you don't wanna see them. It doesn't bother me personally since I have a 1080p monitor anyway but I can see it getting annoying on smaller resolutions.

if you at least skimmed through this thread you would already know it's impossible to disable them coming from players in the form of chat bubbles

Angelic Fae
Aug 20, 2013, 11:26 AM
Can we expect a top ten most obnoxiousest, lamest, annoyingest and overall worst...est autowords thread spawned from this? Lots of hate for autowords round here.

GuardianGirth
Aug 20, 2013, 11:30 AM
My god topics like this are useless.

Freshellent
Aug 20, 2013, 11:44 AM
Hahaahahhahahahahahahahahahah

I think I almost pissed myself reading the title.

Alright, so-

Some peeps auto-words are kind of bothersome. Only because they painfully corny. I'm sure if it was something that made someone laugh, there would be a lot less to say about it. I generally like conversation when I play- I miss it in fact. So auto-words are generally welcome.

On the other hand, I could see why your lolis panties would get all balled up if you constantly see auto-words for each PA used and every single action. That just comes down to spamming. There should be a limit, but I will be the last person to bitch about it. So much of this game comes down to cosmetic bs, which I'm very much guilty of.

There are just as many people who use cut-ins simply to deliver a punch-line we've all heard a dozen times. Oh well, comes with the territory. Everyone's always talking about how easy this game is, a little spam on the screen should be seen as the real challenge then, right?

Jei182
Aug 20, 2013, 01:01 PM
I actually enjoy the autowords. The symbol arts however can get annoying at times, especially certain ones. I usually only set autowords/cut-ins for death, if I am almost out of hp, when someone else levels, E-trails, E-trail finishing and starting/finishing a quest. Setting them for anything beyond that can be a bit much.

yoshiblue
Aug 20, 2013, 01:12 PM
/aibou spam

Sly Afin: An Aibo In Time

Sayara
Aug 20, 2013, 01:20 PM
If every autoword has /ciX x attached to it, I'd be bothered... otherwise no.

Korazenn
Aug 20, 2013, 01:21 PM
It does not phase me too much, but it certainly does get annoying to see when you have many things to focus on on-screen.

The only ones I have set are for Quest Start, Quest Clear, E-Trial Failure, Leveling Up, Another Person Leveling Up, Being Healed by Someone Else, On Incapacitation, On Revival, and After Finding a Rare Item.

Each of which serve a purpose in-game. Setting those for things like attacking or having your HP go under a particular threshold is where I draw the line; ESPECIALLY when they're accompanied by Balloons, Manga Pictograms, AND Cut-Ins.

Zipzo
Aug 20, 2013, 01:35 PM
Simple, because they can be rude in this public forum because they're not directly mentioning someone, but when you are in a party and the person who is "annoying you" they chicken out.

It all boils down to they like to complain on public forums about this crap rather than solving it directly with the user. I use auto-words like that but I would have no problem if the person (even rudely) asks me to turn them off if it's annoying them.

Shows how well you know me. I systematically just boot people from my party who do it, it's less effort than having to stop to type in chat and waiting on the inevitable "but why should I" conversation that's to come of it, yeah, no thanks. Enjoy the lobby.

Boom, done.

This is so contradictory. We don't have the option to remove your bubbles.

Yeah, like I said, why does your fleshing have to be at the expense of the rest of our tolerance? Fleshing out your character is something only you care about anyway, I doubt anyone else is curious of your characters personality in this game aside from you, so maybe you can find other outlets aside from ones that bother the piss out of everyone? Maybe go write a biography or something and post it here. I'll read it, even.

Kondibon
Aug 20, 2013, 01:46 PM
Shows how well you know me. I systematically just boot people from my party who do it, it's less effort than having to stop to type in chat and waiting on the inevitable "but why should I" conversation that's to come of it, yeah, no thanks. Enjoy the lobby.

Yeah, like I said, why does your fleshing have to be at the expense of the rest of our tolerance? Fleshing out your character is something only you care about anyway, I doubt anyone else is curious of your characters personality in this game aside from you, so maybe you can find other outlets aside from ones that bother the piss out of everyone? Maybe go write a biography or something and post it here. I'll read it, even.

Man, it's a good thing I play solo or else I'd have to deal with all this too. ._.

Jei182
Aug 20, 2013, 01:51 PM

I think enforcer is saying that they should have the option, which they really should implement for the people that don't like autowords.

Chdata
Aug 20, 2013, 02:09 PM
Autowords are okay. I like to use them to give my characters some form of personality. I only use cut-ins for things that people need to be aware of, such as E-trials, me dying/being revived, PSE bursts, that sort of thing. Otherwise, it's just the words. Nearly everybody I've played with uses autowords, so deal with it, zip. |:

lol puni nub use cut-in autowords pls stop

I like autowords but cut-ins are an actual obstruction. Unless it's funny and not during the game or those silent cut-ins people use while triple dashing for some reason.

jcart953
Aug 20, 2013, 02:16 PM
I like it when I stand on a button in a TA map like sanctum and am waiting for everyone else only to watch someone run up to me and stand on the same button... then expect me to move >~>;;.

Am like. BISH... STEP!! LOL 8D; FIND YO OWN BUTTON. THERE ARE FOUR!!! D<!!

Omg I actually find this more annoying lol. In regards to auto chat I don't particularly mind them however I have run into some highly annoying ones. For instance there was this one person who's auto chat would tell long winded stories about absolutely nothing that constantly fills the chat log. I'm talking about paragraphs worth of autochat.

Shirai
Aug 20, 2013, 02:21 PM
This has probably been said but, yeah auto-words for every single action is annoying, even when they repeat the freaking PA name all the time. But, something that is also annoying is when people just spam their faces ALL THE FREAKING TIME IN A PARTY/MPA.

Macman
Aug 20, 2013, 02:29 PM
I got in a Vopar beach wars party, I'm currently playing in 1280x720 window mode because the game crashes at full screen, the problem began when everyone in my party had completely retarded autowords for every damn single action, I literally couldn't even see where I was running to or if there were enemies in front of me.
I got so mad that I did this to get my revenge:[SPOILER-BOX]http://i40.tinypic.com/35lsp3d.jpg [/SPOILER-BOX]
Yes, supremacy for every single possible autoword.
You need /a on all that to truly be a dick.

Punisher106
Aug 20, 2013, 02:33 PM
You need /a on all that to truly be a dick.
I was just about to say that. :V

lol puni nub use cut-in autowords pls stop

Pff. Like they are frequent.

~Aya~
Aug 20, 2013, 02:35 PM
I don't really mind Auto-word spam at all.. I just feel embarrassed when it's super cheesy and stuff......... >///>;;

IzzyData
Aug 20, 2013, 02:38 PM
What this game needs is an option to turn off from seeing other peoples autowords and images.

Shirai
Aug 20, 2013, 02:41 PM
What this game needs is an option to turn off from seeing other peoples autowords and images.

That would be a godsend.

Du1337
Aug 20, 2013, 02:43 PM
Auto word starting Q = OK
Auto word ending q = OK
Auto word for rare = OK
Auto word at every single attack... No Thank U...

Inazuma
Aug 20, 2013, 02:45 PM
I agree with Zipzo. Autowords are fine when they aren't abused. If someone has annoying autowords set for every fucking action and/or has set every single autoword to public chat, I might ask them to knock it off and/or consider blacklisting them.

~Aya~
Aug 20, 2013, 02:48 PM
worst offenders are the seriously henti auto-words from both JP/EN players >.>;;... like they get hit and it's something all perverted and their loli face pops up in the window and you're like. ">______________________>;;;;"

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 20, 2013, 02:57 PM
I hate SA spam with autowords
Otherwise I don't care because I honestly seem to ignore chat boxes

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2013, 03:13 PM
I just tell people to stop when they have too many autos, they usually understand that not everyone wants to see their loli's face every 5 seconds.

Zorafim
Aug 20, 2013, 03:14 PM
Making autowords is a skill. It's difficult to do well, and I appreciate when players take the time. It's neat seeing a character being fleshed out, and seeing their personality shine while playing with them. But, the player needs to know how much to throw at us. Too little, and we don't learn enough about the character. Too much, and we stop caring about the character and OH MY GOD SHUT UP.

I actually think this thread is helpful. The general population needs to know that abuse of the autoword system can lead to a less pleasant play experience for other players. So, having a discussion about how much is too much, I think is actually a good thing.

EDIT: Fun fact: Thanks to Milla's Auto words I have to make a concious effort not to refer to my self as "This Unit". ._.

I was much more polite for a month after setting Levia's autowords. That was a fun month.

Maybe go write a biography or something and post it here. I'll read it, even.

<.< >.> (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211474)

Enforcer MKV
Aug 20, 2013, 03:22 PM
I think enforcer is saying that they should have the option, which they really should implement for the people that don't like autowords.

eeyup. Thought that was pretty clear, myself.

Sayara
Aug 20, 2013, 03:50 PM
Further the fact. If im partying with randoms; i turn my autowords off anyway.
Even if they're just japanese-y stuff anyway.

My autowords+character are actually pretty amusing shame nobody ran into her when she got cloned.

UnLucky
Aug 20, 2013, 03:57 PM
They need options for:

Turning off chat balloons in general (you can for team chat)
Turning off autoword bubbles (so with that and the chatlog option they'll be completely hidden)
Turning off cut-in chat
Turning off symbol art display
Turning off chat balloon modifiers (/toge, /moya, and other effects)

Then you can choose whether or not to enjoy the constant "/a /toge /symbol1"

BlankM
Aug 20, 2013, 03:59 PM
I for one got rid of almost all my autowords once I started doing AQs. The only ones I kept were for death, and upon receiving rares.

untrustful
Aug 20, 2013, 04:02 PM
This thread has taught me to abuse autowords even more.

AS AN UNINFORMED CITIZEN OF SOME RANDOM COUNTRY I HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH EVERYWHERE!

Zipzo
Aug 20, 2013, 04:06 PM

AS AN UNINFORMED CITIZEN OF SOME RANDOM COUNTRY I HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH EVERYWHERE!

Yeah well good thing you're on ship 10 with nobody. PSO-W can rejoice.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 20, 2013, 04:11 PM
They need options for:

Turning off chat balloons in general (you can for team chat)
Turning off autoword bubbles (so with that and the chatlog option they'll be completely hidden)
Turning off cut-in chat
Turning off symbol art display
Turning off chat balloon modifiers (/toge, /moya, and other effects)

Then you can choose whether or not to enjoy the constant "/a /toge /symbol1"
Might as well solo.

Anyway, I wouldn't say annoying your party. That's not entirely true, some people like it. I don't mind it, but I also don't like when characters are overly verbose, to the point of obnoxiousness. Yes, that's your character. We get it. Shut up.

I also agree with the cut-ins. Considering most of the lolis I see are fucking horrendous, I don't want to see your mount dishmore eyes. Signal the damn mothership and get out. I'm bad at making characters, but knock that shit off.

/ci7 for everything
Throw in some Alt+F and you've got yourself a winner.

UnLucky
Aug 20, 2013, 04:23 PM
Might as well solo.
Except you can still chat using the chatlog. You know, like any other online game? Heck, you could even disable that already by switching to the System tab.

And you would be entirely correct if I had any intention of disabling every single one of those, and not just a select few. They are options.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 20, 2013, 04:31 PM
Except you can still chat using the chatlog. You know, like any other online game? Heck, you could even disable that already by switching to the System tab.

And you would be entirely correct if I had any intention of disabling every single one of those, and not just a select few. They are options.
I was gonna say that would promote the solo mentality that seems to be creeping in (full parties of one, parter NPC's,), but I suppose that's rather unfounded as a claim. However, it seems like a lot of the parties I join are mute anyway, as there's not much interaction outside of a few new players, and my team. Or block 20. But I don't go there, and not for the reasons you think, either.

Anyway, I don't want to say that it would promote it, but as it is, joining randoms isn't very lively, especially with all the friends only and team mates only parties I've been seeing a lot. I suppose that talking ruins efficiency, but if that's what people are thinking, I'd feel like they're playing video games for the wrong reasons. Or have poor priorities.

Freshellent
Aug 20, 2013, 04:34 PM
Yo peeps don't play this for fun, they play this because they're NEETs and are mothafuckin' entitled.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 20, 2013, 04:42 PM
More like dweebs.

UnLucky
Aug 20, 2013, 04:46 PM
I find if anyone is talking, it's in whispers or their team chat :/

Wish this game had a more sophisticated chat system with customizable tabs and chat rooms and server wide channels (and before you complain about Global idiots, I specifically want the customizable tabs before the open channels for that reason).

DS23
Aug 20, 2013, 04:48 PM
Auto words with cutins are the absolute worst with the exception of a death ci. I don't need your char blocking my view everytime an emergency code starts up thanks, ESPECIALLY during Falz Arm runs. At least turn it off for them, bleh.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2013, 04:49 PM
I find if anyone is talking, it's in whispers or their team chat :/

Wish this game had a more sophisticated chat system with customizable tabs and chat rooms and server wide channels (and before you complain about Global idiots, I specifically want the customizable tabs before the open channels for that reason).

God, so do I. The only real reason I even joined a team in the first place was having people to do runs with and idly chat with.

When I find a team isn't really a fit for me I have to drop every single teammate from my regular chat channels.

Sega it's 2013 wtf. Other games are basically IRC clients with games inside them, and here you can't even get past 5 pre-set channels.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 20, 2013, 05:03 PM

cmon lego, youre too much for us already ;p

supersonix9
Aug 20, 2013, 05:04 PM
A lot 99.5% of autowords are cheesey though.
よろしくー and おつかれさまー are all that you need

Aka
Aug 20, 2013, 05:12 PM
My god topics like this are useless.

Posts like yours are useless since you're contributing nothing to the discussion. There are arguments for both sides of the topic which means this topic isn't useless.

I'm with Zipzo on this topic as there is far too many autoword spammers out there. It's a nuisance and I'm sure some of the Japanese may think so too. More specifically those who think it's an awesome idea to /a everything in full English thinking they sound cool. Seriously, no one gives a fuck that you just used evade or are unleashing 3 Overends in a row.

Some autowords like those used on death are fine since they can be useful in getting people back on thier feet quickly or even the simple ありがとう when healed or revived as you are at least showing a little sign of appreciation. Just don't /ci that shit. Others such as greetings at the start and end of a mission are fine too since they aren't being unnecessarely obstuctive mid combat.

And before people continuting to say "You can just turn autowords off", some people may not want to. If someone in my party dies in my MPA, I want to know about it ASAP so I don't let them miss out on EXP.

Shirokami
Aug 20, 2013, 05:19 PM
Alright, who's the fucker who posted my pic in Yotsuba?

BIG OLAF
Aug 20, 2013, 05:51 PM
Posting in another Zipzo trollbait thread.

Okay bye.

RedRaz0r
Aug 20, 2013, 05:51 PM
I swear zipzo, as well as jooozek, just make threads like this for something to do. Based on how often they post I don'tsee how they have any time to play the actual game. They just complain all day about it to people who can't do anything about it

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 20, 2013, 05:53 PM
Why would you play this game

Zipzo
Aug 20, 2013, 05:55 PM
I swear zipzo, as well as jooozek, just make threads like this for something to do. Based on how often they post I don'tsee how they have any time to play the actual game. They just complain all day about it to people who can't do anything about it

"Posts Per Day: 0.74
Find all posts by Zipzo
Find all threads started by Zipzo"

Yeah...if only I didn't post so much I could actually play the game...

ō_ō

RedRaz0r
Aug 20, 2013, 06:02 PM
I guess its jooozek more than you

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 20, 2013, 06:03 PM
I only saw Joozek post once in here

Shirokami
Aug 20, 2013, 06:04 PM
May we stop all the drama?

Zyrusticae
Aug 20, 2013, 06:04 PM
"Posts Per Day: 1.56"

My gawd. I truly have no life.

This thread is now about post counts.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 20, 2013, 06:05 PM
"Posts Per Day: 5.12"
Get on my level

UnLucky
Aug 20, 2013, 06:07 PM
"Posts Per Day: 7.07"

Too bad I post while playing the game so you can't say shit

Shirai
Aug 20, 2013, 06:09 PM
"Posts Per Day: 0.58"
Aw hell yea

The Walrus
Aug 20, 2013, 06:11 PM
"Posts Per Day: 3.21"

HOW THE HELL!?

I barely even post here anymore ;_;

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2013, 06:12 PM
Finally, a thread I can completely fucking dominate.

Korazenn
Aug 20, 2013, 06:23 PM

What's wrong with how many times somebody posts? Just means they are being an active member in the community.

Finally, a thread I can completely fucking dominate.

For those wondering:

Total Posts: 8,310
Posts Per Day: 19.43
Find all posts by gigawuts
Find all threads started by gigawuts

I aim to see numbers like you one day, gigawuts. :heartcookie:

Total Posts: 23
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Find all posts by Korazenn
Find all threads started by Korazenn

Punisher106
Aug 20, 2013, 06:34 PM
よろしくー and おつかれさまー are all that you need

What about ムーンお願い?

Zorafim
Aug 20, 2013, 06:35 PM
What was that about post counts?

Also: Aw, I liked this thread. Now nothing productive will come of it.

Emmie
Aug 20, 2013, 06:37 PM
I was going to say something on the topic of autowords, but since everyone is now posting their post per day number, I'll do the same.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 20, 2013, 06:40 PM
I'm sad that you people think it's about the post count.

It's about quality, people.

FKL has taught me much.

Shirai
Aug 20, 2013, 06:43 PM
I'm sad that you people think it's about the post count.

It's about quality, people.

FKL has taught me much.

What is quality?

CelestialBlade
Aug 20, 2013, 06:57 PM
Thread complaining about spam becomes spam

PSOWception

~Aya~
Aug 20, 2013, 07:00 PM
8.32 posts down from 14.3905890285. get.. at... me instead??????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Coatl
Aug 20, 2013, 07:01 PM
Careful where you swing your e-peens guys.

BIG OLAF
Aug 20, 2013, 07:09 PM
Careful where you swing your e-peens guys.

*hits you in face with e-peen*

UnLucky
Aug 20, 2013, 07:14 PM
*hits you in face with e-peen*

there were no survivors

BIG OLAF
Aug 20, 2013, 07:15 PM
There probably were. It's pretty small.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2013, 07:18 PM
There probably were. It's pretty small.

no babe it's almost average really stop worrying i love you anyway

Nitro Vordex
Aug 20, 2013, 07:29 PM
it's not me it's you

wait come back im sorry ill stop laughing

Gama
Aug 20, 2013, 07:55 PM
my autowords are sexy. but i usually only have them on if mood is correct for them.

lots and lots off sexual innuendo :3

jooozek
Aug 21, 2013, 12:54 AM
what are you crying about, we aren't yet on the train of despair :-?

Nitro Vordex
Aug 21, 2013, 03:55 PM
what are you crying about, we aren't yet on the train of despair :-?
I had to go repair it, the engine got flooded with tears.

Noblewine
Aug 26, 2013, 11:27 PM
Auto-words cut down the time needed to stop and type a message.

BIG OLAF
Aug 27, 2013, 06:10 AM
Auto-words cut down the time needed to stop and type a message.

Uh, right, but that's not what the point of the thread was.

The point was that having an AW for everything, including using a PA, or doing 'high' damage, or getting knocked down, is insanely annoying.

No one is shaming anyone for using AWs for useful things like announcing that you've run out of HP, etc.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 27, 2013, 12:26 PM
ANNIHILATION
CHARGE
FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE

WORTHLESS CONSUMER MODELS