PDA

View Full Version : Sega's Idea of privacy

janitorbob
Apr 9, 2003, 06:59 AM
There is a unconfirmed rumor that Sega can monitor everything we say or do. Even read our mail, yet another reason not to put personal info online. If this is true it will be for the best, first of all to get rid off cheaters, second it will get rid of people who just want to harrass other people. Yeah, it is a major invasion of privacy but, it's their game they can do what they want.

Captain_Dude
Apr 9, 2003, 07:06 AM
I believe they do that to prevent people telling others about cheats, hacks, etc... They do that on Diablo 2 all the time... Hell, I got muted on D2 cause I told people where to get Pindle bot... But that game sucks anyways(hehehe).

The_Pew
Apr 9, 2003, 12:19 PM
On 2003-04-09 04:59, janitorbob wrote:
There is a unconfirmed rumor that Sega can monitor everything we say or do. Even read our mail, yet another reason not to put personal info online. If this is true it will be for the best, first of all to get rid off cheaters, second it will get rid of people who just want to harrass other people. Yeah, it is a major invasion of privacy but, it's their game they can do what they want.

harras? i have or rather had a stolcker on PSO for GC i hope she(elly) wont find me on PSOX.

Sedyne
Apr 9, 2003, 12:33 PM
On 2003-04-09 05:06, Captain_Dude wrote:
I believe they do that to prevent people telling others about cheats, hacks, etc... They do that on Diablo 2 all the time... Hell, I got muted on D2 cause I told people where to get Pindle bot... But that game sucks anyways(hehehe).

Really...I believe that's false considering all of the cheating messages I and 2 others have exchanged over the months...dupe methods, dupe timing, etc etc etc. USB hacking information blah blah blah. Sega hasn't done jack sh it.

Captain_Anarchy
Apr 9, 2003, 02:11 PM
haha i remeber d2 i played that for a while, and i remeber pindle bot, i got cheat tagged for a weak because of that thing

Barubary6
Apr 9, 2003, 03:29 PM

I have been cheating PSO for almost 2 years now, and not once has anything I've said in email been used against me by Sonic Team. If they had the ability to monitor people, they probably would have used it on me by now.

Blizzard is approaching things the wrong way. Acting like Big Brother isn't going to stop cheating. Why not prevent cheat programs from being used instead of trying to block distribution? It's the DeCSS lesson again...

-- Barubary

RagMasterRappy
Apr 9, 2003, 03:47 PM
On 2003-04-09 13:29, Barubary6 wrote:

I have been cheating PSO for almost 2 years now, and not once has anything I've said in email been used against me by Sonic Team. If they had the ability to monitor people, they probably would have used it on me by now.

There is a unconfirmed rumor that Sega can monitor everything we say or do. Even read our mail

Janitorbob was talking about stuff that happens in PSO not the outside world. When he said "mail" he actually meant "simple mail." Which makes sense since all messages pass through their servers before reaching other clients.

Katt
Apr 9, 2003, 04:00 PM
eh i kinda remember this rumer from the verion one days,it didnt hold weight then or now.

i think this was restarted cuz people getin coruppted. people want somone to blame so who else better then good ole sega ;'/

"i got coruppted cuz i use duped wepons"
-Quote from some moron i saw in the lobby.

Yoda86
Apr 9, 2003, 07:48 PM
Even though corruption IS their fault.