PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Leveling advice?

Link1275
Aug 26, 2013, 12:45 PM
So I have a VAmar on PSP2 that is level 83 right now, but I can't seem to find any decent ways to grind his level up higher than it is now. So I was wondering... Does anyone have any tips on how to level up past this point? I can only do a few of the early A rank missions atm as my character can't survive very many of them.

Dr.No
Aug 26, 2013, 02:54 PM
Do you have the Magashi Plan tactical mission unlocked? Because that's one of the best ways to level up at this point. There's also Gemaga - War of the Keep as well if you have the JP DLC.

Link1275
Aug 26, 2013, 03:16 PM
I have both, but I'm not very good at Magashi Plan(and it's not free...) and Gemaga isn't very easy at my level.

Dr.No
Aug 26, 2013, 03:51 PM
Those two are sadly the current best ways of leveling, but you can always save up a bunch of stones and try to do Magashi Plan, you'll probably get some levels if you just focus on getting stones or doing a little bit of Gemaga.

Is your equipment up to date? I would suggest getting some resists and putting those on your armors so that you don't get screwed over by a random condition like freeze or stun.

Link1275
Aug 26, 2013, 04:54 PM
I do have sleep, ice, and stun resist for armor slots as well as confuse protect. I'm using Rabol Orpad for armor, and I'm not sure what is up to date for weapons at my level but I think that mine are.

Dr.No
Aug 26, 2013, 09:01 PM
Depending on what weapons you're currently using, you could get some 11* star weapons that are 80% element that you can use.

Look here: http://psp2.psupedia.info/Special%253ASearch/MAX_Special_Exchange.html

Link1275
Aug 26, 2013, 09:41 PM
I'm not as concerned about weapons so much as strategy and armor when it comes to Magashi and Gemaga, although, I do actually have Ikotenyoku in all of the elements, but doesn't usually leave much room on the palette for much else. My current armor is 60% in Ice so I can't effectively survive anything in Magashi or Gemaga where everything is always 10 levels above me and a lot of the enemies use fire. Are there any missions that I can do that are good for getting semi-decent armor?

Dr.No
Aug 26, 2013, 11:08 PM
Ah, I would recommend heading over to Neudiaz open missions then. At your level range, I'd say go with Sacred Steam on A rank. That can drop you an Opra-Senba and hopefully in an element that would be useful for Magashi Plan and Gemaga.

Most of the enemies at Sacred Stream don't use fire attacks, so you should be safe for the most part.

You could also hit up the Undersea Ruins on Parum, enemies are level 75 there and it can drop a Solid Weave at the end. I'd suggest going for either A or S rank armor right now, but I'd try to get as many elements as possible right now. Mostly good Dark and Fire elemental armor.

As far as a strategy on Magashi Plan, I'd recommend using a range weapon along with your melee weapons, either a rifle (for far away shooting) or twin handguns (for mobility). Be patient with most enemy spawns because they can and will destroy you easily.

On Gemaga, make sure you use an EX trap per spawn, and then switch back to your twin sabers for some Blade Destruction on the enemies while they're stunned or burned. On Shu, make sure you either block or just guard his attacks because they will hurt like crazy, especially if he's boosted. Also, use the remaining EX traps on him as well for extra breathing room as his clones can be affected with status.

Link1275
Aug 27, 2013, 08:45 AM
Ok, thank you for the help. OH, and is gemaga or magashi better for type points?

akaSnowWolf
Aug 27, 2013, 10:58 AM
For now I would say gemaga is better for type points. Magashi plan takes a bit longer and you cant get an S rank in it until you are at a very high level.

Link1275
Aug 27, 2013, 12:36 PM
k, thanks

Bonjet
Sep 2, 2013, 10:06 AM
Nevermind the last post I made, its a mistake.

So you're using Vanguard, my advice is to spam Gemaga for now.

If you reached LV.100 or above, play Ancient Invader A or Magashi Plan.

Noblewine
Sep 2, 2013, 06:09 PM
Ok, thank you for the help. OH, and is gemaga or magashi better for type points?

They're good for mp but they require a lot of practice (trail and error) before you can manage to beat them. I suggest story mode. Clad 6 has Seed Awakening which is a lv 85 at A. Its not a bad play to level.

Link1275
Sep 3, 2013, 01:36 PM
They're good for mp but they require a lot of practice (trail and error) before you can manage to beat them. I suggest story mode. Clad 6 has Seed Awakening which is a lv 85 at A. Its not a bad play to level.
Ok, thank you.

Mike
Sep 3, 2013, 06:53 PM
I suggest story mode.
Story mode isn't bad offline. It's still grindy but the rewards aren't bad. I'd suggest both parts of chapter 5.

Link1275
Sep 3, 2013, 07:41 PM
Story mode isn't bad offline. It's still grindy but the rewards aren't bad. I'd suggest both parts of chapter 5.
Ok, thank you.

Noblewine
Sep 3, 2013, 10:29 PM
If you want to run Magashi Plan you have to use keystones to be able to run that map. =/
I forgot to add that.

Link1275
Sep 3, 2013, 10:48 PM
If you want to run Magashi Plan you have to use keystones to be able to run that map. =/
I forgot to add that.
Actually, they're spellstones. And as you can probably tell, I already knew that. But thanks anyways.

Noblewine
Sep 7, 2013, 11:49 PM
Actually, they're spellstones. And as you can probably tell, I already knew that. But thanks anyways.

My bad. Good luck with magashi plan. Its pretty tough.

Link1275
Sep 8, 2013, 12:02 AM
My bad. Good luck with magashi plan. Its pretty tough.
Thanks, I'm sure I'll beat it eventually as I have beaten it on another character in the past.