PDA

View Full Version : Game Mighty No. 9

Tyreek
Sep 2, 2013, 01:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1o0so4anc

https://sphotos-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1006056_508173075923605_586075348_n.jpg

Early build WIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M

A spiritual successor if you can call it that, to our beloved blue bomber Megaman. And quite possibly Keiji Inafune's potential middle finger to Capcom. Currently on kickstarter status right now, with currently over 750k donated towards the project. A similar concept, with a now modern aesthetic, and we as the fans get to help shape it. Support the legacy folks. Even if its not the Megaman name, the heart is there, and the man behind the blue bomber is. You think its worth the support? I think its worth supporting. Discuss.

NoiseHERO
Sep 2, 2013, 01:38 AM
I don't like the character design but as a megaman fan I'm obligated to give it a chance.

Tyreek
Sep 2, 2013, 01:43 AM
I think the thing that grabs my attention is the visor on his helmet. But other than that, I think they could push a bit more on the design. But so far, its only slighty more detailed compared to Megaman, but still simple on the design.

NoiseHERO
Sep 2, 2013, 01:53 AM
For a small sized cartoon character I wouldn't say that looked simple...

Especially compared to megaman character designs from all other series. Other than final boss designs and a couple starforce designs.

I'd say more simpler would be better, but then because of his proportions he'd look too much like megaman.

AS for the design in general, I'd say it's his arms that bug me the most. then the weird diamond shape making pattern on his padded limbs, then the color combination of school locker blue + gray.

Sp-24
Sep 2, 2013, 04:12 AM
It better not be a direct Mega Man clone - we already have RozenkreuzStilette for that, and it does a fantastic job. Without relying on Kickstarter, too.

So, do we know what is the game going to be like? Because unless I'm missing something, that trailer is about Keiji Inafune, not about Mighty no. 9.

yoshiblue
Sep 2, 2013, 04:22 AM
For those who haven't seen the page.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9?ref=live

Beside the kickstarter giving you goodies and stuff, it also say they will give people polls and chances to vote on who gets into the game. Game design wise, they may listen to requests. As for RozenkreuzStilette, never heard of it. So I can't say how popular it really is.

Alucard V
Sep 2, 2013, 10:44 AM
I'm still kind of in grieving over the lost of Megaman.

After is thing hits we'll most likely see a half-ass Megaman reboot just like Devil May Cry after Bayonetta. But Mighty no9 is going to be good so I'll live.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 2, 2013, 04:00 PM
It's funded! It's funded!

Mwahaha!

Mwahahahaha!

MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

CelestialBlade
Sep 2, 2013, 04:07 PM
Looks fun to me. As long as the plot is a little closer to MMZ and not MMX.

Has kind of a Legends vibe to me, with Classic gameplay. Looking forward to it.

strikerhunter
Sep 2, 2013, 04:40 PM
Looking good so far, missed the old megaman series and hope Might No.9 does well.
If the game makes it's way stateside, I be sure to check it out.

I somehow get the feeling that some other number will be a boss..............

NoiseHERO
Sep 2, 2013, 06:01 PM
looking at kickstarter page this game does look promising, and looks like 09 can swap out his body parts and stuff which is cool and LOL @ dinner with Inafune.

Sp-24
Sep 2, 2013, 06:10 PM
How do you people know anything about the game yet? I'm really curious, because all I gathered from that page is that #9 has a gauntlet like Zero in Z4 and that there isn't even a single screenshot yet, only concept art.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 2, 2013, 06:19 PM
If the game makes it's way stateside, I be sure to check it out.

I somehow get the feeling that some other number will be a boss..............

Man, you need to go back and read the kickstarter page. These are both answered. :lol:

It's coming to Steam; we're getting this.

And the bosses ARE the other numbers.

strikerhunter
Sep 2, 2013, 06:27 PM
Man, you need to go back and read the kickstarter page. These are both answered. :lol:

It's coming to Steam; we're getting this.

And the bosses ARE the other numbers.

It was too long for me lol read most of it but not the boss stuffs (feel asleep :-P)

strikerhunter
Sep 3, 2013, 06:22 PM
IGN did a news review/update for Mighty No.9 which starts at 1:59 ish after Sony's VR stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JhvKQzxPEY

Noblewine
Sep 9, 2013, 09:34 PM
Good to see he's still making games. I'm sad about what happened with Capcom but good to see him still making games.

Vintasticvin
Sep 9, 2013, 11:02 PM
I am SO getting this and may give PSO2 a big eff you and a middle finger to pso2 like Keji is to Crapcom

Tyreek
Sep 30, 2013, 06:00 PM
With only 28 hours left, the kickstarter is coming to a close. If you guys wanna help fund to this project, you still have some time until Oct. 1 8PM. They currently have reached quite a milestone, but it looks like we might not reach that PS4/Xbox1/3DS/Vita port in time. However, I'm happy we get to have online co-op for this game, and I was crossing my fingers for that. It looks like we may get a healthy dose of content from whats funded already.

Also, guess what they've been doing in a span of only 7 days? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M

NoiseHERO
Sep 30, 2013, 06:05 PM
Inafking + a team of programmers, that definitely looks right for 7 days. They must be able to exhale megaman games like carbon dioxide after 34534624 years of making a lot with the same formula.

I'm not too sure on the animations (they could look more fluid)

But I'm all for the visual approach altogether so far.

If this did somehow come out on 3DS, it'd be an impulse buy.

Tyreek
Sep 30, 2013, 06:17 PM
Inafking + a team of programmers, that definitely looks right for 7 days. They must be able to exhale megaman games like carbon dioxide after 34534624 years of making a lot with the same formula.

I'm not too sure on the animations (they could look more fluid)

But I'm all for the visual approach altogether so far.

If this did somehow come out on 3DS, it'd be an impulse buy.

There's always hope. But who'd shell out another 400k in time? lol Well, apparently I thought that way about the co-op mode goal, and then I was justifiably corrected. :p

As for the animations, well there's still time to flesh everything out, but for an early build, that's not bad. They got about 2 years to go on this game, so there should be room for a lot of improvement. I'm excited to see what they'll utilize for real over those placeholders they were testing.

Tyreek
Oct 1, 2013, 03:22 AM
PS4 and Xbox1 port reached! Just 200k left to get that 3DS/Vita port and we'll have this game for all current and future gen systems.

Tyreek
Oct 1, 2013, 08:07 AM
3DS/Vita version reached. I have officially been corrected. lol. I'm happy to be a part of helping this project.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/ou89uNW.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I'll happily take the rest as DLC.

NoiseHERO
Oct 1, 2013, 10:34 AM
welp that's an impulse day 1 buy for me then.

Outrider
Oct 1, 2013, 11:07 AM
Okay, I broke down and shelled out for the digital artbook & manual edition. Even if the game doesn't wow me, I would very much like to see all of the artwork they've created.

NoiseHERO
Oct 1, 2013, 11:29 AM
maaaan

These are some really nice things. <_<

Things that be nice if past megaman games got em.

Maybe this will be better than your average megaman game.

Mantiskilla
Oct 1, 2013, 10:55 PM
I did the $120 pledge so I'm good to go whenever the game come out.