PDA

View Full Version : Where is Precede Files?!

chikko1988
Sep 3, 2013, 03:06 PM
Okay, as far as I remember it - downloading the updates from the precede downloader will create a _Precede folder on the PSO2 directory.

But during this sessions for the upcoming new contents this September 4, 2013 seems to be missing? Or is there a new method? Or something's really wrong and fishy here?

If anyone knows why the hell is this happening please do let us now. I hate to think that the idle times where I downloaded 2.6GB worth of files are gone like a bubble popped.

Thanks in advance!

Aka
Sep 3, 2013, 03:32 PM
I also noticed this a moment ago before I came here. I downloaded both precedes and when I checked my folder first thing today, I noticed that the folder only had 1.36Gb of data. So I then booted up PSO2 which did a quick patch for some reason and asked friends in game. I then noticed that the precede folder had disappered.

No idea what's going on. Checked the win32 folder in the PSO2 directory and only 10 files were modified today, so they definitely weren't moved there already.

NightSun
Sep 3, 2013, 04:25 PM
According to this http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2086
Upon finishing the update the folder will be automatically deleted.

Edit:
Well actually after reading around it seems this should not have happened.
I didn't know if they meant after finishing the 2nd part the folders would be removed (after reading Aka's post this seems off) or after the patch was completely done.

chikko1988
Sep 3, 2013, 05:19 PM
Apparently the one who's causing it to disappear seems to be that Original PSO2 Launcher. sigh... to think I need to redownload 2.6GB again...

NightSun
Sep 3, 2013, 05:49 PM
Well that's lovely...
Thank god my brother still has his files, so I'll just copy them from him.

chikko1988
Sep 3, 2013, 05:51 PM
Damn I envy you right now =w=

Limbo_lag
Sep 4, 2013, 03:32 AM
Have a quick look in your PSO2 win32 file. Despite the precede being deleted, there might have been files which have updated there successfully.

I selected all the files which were "modified/added" today (sort by date), then selected "properties". The overall size was 2.7gigs, so I believe the patch still worked.