PDA

View Full Version : How irritating, this thing...

Rosen Croix
Sep 5, 2013, 06:51 PM
Okay, so, before the whole update fiasco, I had tried out the precede download link that had popped up and had it saved. After hearing about the problems and the hard drive wipe-out scare, I deleted it. Now, all sorts of confusion, frustration, and near loss of sleep has led to this:

http://pastebin.com/SizC24ea.

This is my recent log file for today, and there are a few things that concern me.

1: What in the farthest reaches of the universe is a Story MD5HashList.txt? Ever since the update screw-up, this had appeared on Tweaker. Initially, I thought it had something to do with the Story Patch, so I uninstalled it, deleted the RAR, retorrented it, and reinstalled. Still showed up. I looked everywhere, including here, for answers, but it was unclear whether or not there were others who had this happen to them. This issue was what got me to join here.

2: After reading about how Large Files was clearly out-of-date, I tried out the uninstalling of it. The reason why I was using it was I think I was told it was needed. Now, the patchlist.txt failure error has started up and at one point, the executable for the launcher has failed.

3: In light of all of this, would I have to just uninstall the patches, or would I have to unistall the whole game, then reinstall it? I want to save that as a last resort if I can't find an easy solution for this. While I told my friend this and he said my data is server-based, I'm the kind of person who does not like to take chances with things like this. So what should I do? My Tweaker is up-to-date at 2.5.5.1 (for now. It's surprising how fast it gets updated), so I don't believe the problem lies there. I recently backed up most of the files on my hard drive and got rid of things to make room so my game won't lag (sadly, it runs better with nothing running, but I can't really chat with Yahoo or Skype much while playing like I did at the start). I....did have a few blue screens...but nothing of great importance was destroyed, it didn't seem like (Toshiba. Yeah.). So, I feel like I rambled on, but hopefully, the log file I posted can give a clearer picture than my explanation produced by my sleep-reducing irritation. No need to rush, I am a patient person, and thanks for the help.

dejixal
Sep 5, 2013, 10:07 PM
1. I believe that txt file is used by the tweaker to ensure that your story patch files are patched correctly. Deleting it may cause issues with the tweaker.

2. I believe the large files patch is currently incomplete or incompatible with pso2. An update in the near future should fix this.

3. Either check for updates through the tweaker to revert your pso2 back to vanilla, or run a file check through the official launcher to make sure everything is intact. If you need it, apply the core English patch only.

Rosen Croix
Sep 5, 2013, 10:15 PM
1. I believe that txt file is used by the tweaker to ensure that your story patch files are patched correctly. Deleting it may cause issues with the tweaker.

2. I believe the large files patch is currently incomplete or incompatible with pso2. An update in the near future should fix this.

3. Either check for updates through the tweaker to revert your pso2 back to vanilla, or run a file check through the official launcher to make sure everything is intact. If you need it, apply the core English patch only.

1: I don't think I even remember deleting that file. I never mess with files like that. Is there a way to get it back or is there somewhere I can download it to replace it?

2: I hope so. That should have been updated by now.

3: Okay, I'll see if I can try that out.

Edit: Okay, so my launcher's file went missing, so I can't do the file check, and the patchlist.txt disappearance is preventing me from checking the files through Tweaker...I started looking around to find a launcher file to replace the missing ones, since trying to find it through the old/missing/deleted files options are blocked by the missing patchlist.txt file.

Edit2: Yes! I managed to find a link to the launcher download! Should have dug more deeper here. All right, now I have to wait for these files to be checked.

Rosen Croix
Sep 6, 2013, 01:34 PM
both patchlist.txt and Story MD5HashList.txt are downloaded/deleted when necessary by the Tweaker.

Story MD5HashList.txt in particular is used for updating the story patch.

If your launcher is corrupt/missing, click "Troubleshooting" -> "Fix PSO2 EXEs"

Okay, I know for a fact I got a new launcher last night (even though it was an old one) from a thread I found on here. I might need to look it up again, but now, my Tweaker's saying it's gone. I checked my folder and, lo and behold, it was gone. The only thing related to it left was pso2launcher.exe.bak.

This is what I have displayed so far:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/Isan_de_la_Rose/PSO2problempic1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX] Not sure if it's displaying in the spoiler, but yeah, this has never happened before the new update. I even did the Fix PSO EXEs option, and it still happened.

EDIT: Hmn...Is there any reason why those files won't work anymore after I try to find missing/old/deleted files, and check for PSO and story patch updates? Not to mention getting a 106 error when I had the launcher exe before it disappeared. I think it was 'failure to download'...something. I looked to see if it was in that error guide list thread, but it didn't look like it. Here's my current log file, just in case: http://pastebin.com/wpViNrEB

EDIT2: And now my GameGuard folder's gone. I was looking to see if anything would happen if I try to fix the GameGuard errors, since I did had a few instances where they occurred, but now it vanished. This is starting to worry me, if I can't seem to figure out what's causing this. I'm about to run a scan, but I wonder, would having a firewall up affect all of this?

EDIT3: Well, my scan came out clean. Had to get rid of a quarantined Trojan, but now everything's good. I don't know if I'm making this harder than it's supposed to be, but I'm getting to the point where I may have to resort to reinstalling the game. I really don't want to go that direction. I mean, something's preventing me from downloading these files whenever I use the troubleshooting options. Is there something going on with the...I'm guessing, the servers that have these files? I had tested out the Diagnose Connection Issues and the Story Patch Server Tests options and those were working fine. The only options I haven't touched are the Reset PSO2 Settings and the Terminate PSO2 Process options. I haven't tried the Restore Backups option yet, since I don't know if those exist now. Should I try that out? I know I uninstalled Large Files, so there shouldn't be any backups for that.

Rosen Croix
Sep 6, 2013, 06:45 PM
Making a new post right now, but yeah, I don't have any backup files for the Story and English patches, so that's out. So, for the time being, I'm going to keep looking around for answers. It's about all I can do without deciding to reinstall the game.

EDIT: So I decided to try and redownload the launcher from this thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207719. Hopefully, this will clear this issue up, get those files back, and settle this problem once and for all. Besides..... I miss playing with my Luca... T^T

Rosen Croix
Sep 6, 2013, 10:20 PM
Holy cow. Okay, what's the current status of things now?

Well, the launcher finished downloading files and I'm looking around to see if any new is up. There's no error that showed up last night, so that's good for now. Right now, the GameGuard.des file showed up, had to restart Tweaker and, oh wow, according to it, it looks those missing files came back and everything's running fine, but....I checked my documents folder version of my PSO2 and a file called version_precede.ver showed up. Looks like redownloading the launcher fixed those missing files, since it automatically checked for files (if that was the case, maybe). I know I had gotten rid of the precede folder because I thought it was part of the cause of the whole hard-drive wipe-out issue. Is this going to affect my game, or perhaps my computer? The only patches I have installed are the Story and English ones. I want to test out the game since it looks like I'll be able to start it, but that file is making me nervous.

EDIT: Here's what that folder I mentioned look like: [SPOILER-BOX]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/Isan_de_la_Rose/PSO2problempic2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX] Will this file affect anything, since there's no precede folder, and will having no GameGuard folder affect anything, too?

Rosen Croix
Sep 7, 2013, 08:46 PM
So I'm checking through files on Tweaker to make sure nothing is screwed over. I haven't tested the game out because of the file I mentioned before. Other than that file scaring the hell out of me, it looks like nothing else is going wrong.

EDIT: So I'm going to take a risk and try the game out. Hopefully, nothing bad happens...
*starts up game* .... *sees video play* Okay... *navigates to log-in screen* Okay...Ships are online.... *logs in; information accepted, choosing character* Okay...here we go down the tunnel.... *waits* All right!! I'm back on! It works!! It'll be a while before I can completely verify that everything works on my end and run into some minor issues, but I'm glad it's working again. I may have had to do a lot of the researching and stuff, but I'm glad to have had a little bit of response from you guys. Thanks!