PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a FO/TE single tree build

Hikage001
Sep 8, 2013, 06:23 PM
Can someone please inform me as to where I can find an effective one to use as comparison so that I may establish my own?

Heck, or even use that one.

This Class/subclass system is giving me a headache. From my understanding, with a single tree build, its only viable to go either full lightning or fire, is that true?

And are there links to pre-existing builds somewhere on this site?

Noc Codez
Sep 8, 2013, 09:31 PM
I hear force/fighter is where the power is at..

moeri
Sep 8, 2013, 10:34 PM
I think this (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn 0000000lb000009b000009b00000f4OIk2XcKjbnbnIg00008k b7dI2cFqxIk00009b00000f) would be good, assuming only one tree

I left a few free in techer, because you could go for territoy burst, weak element, pp convert or even poison ignition. Weak element is good, but since you are not always going to be using it ehh...

I chose fire and poison because people who use lightning all the time are sometimes annoying to other forces (and it has more useful neutral skills), and dark for namegid rediculousness

This gives you great burst in the form of fire, and the best boss killer in the form of namegid. I then tried to get various neutral abilities that would benefit both foie and megid.

I decided to put just reversal on techer so that you could get it on fi or br without overlap (because on those you want step attack anyway)

I would personally say to get territoy burst and pp convert. For having only one tree they are useful in more situations. Also, pp convert synergies very well with foie techs.

Emp
Sep 8, 2013, 11:49 PM
I hear force/fighter is where the power is at..

It is but your stuck to only Fire and Lightning for good dmg(no one put sp into ice). None of ur other techs are boosted from from tree. Also pp issues and no extend assist.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 9, 2013, 08:38 PM
I think this (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn 0000000lb000009b000009b00000f4OIk2XcKjbnbnIg00008k b7dI2cFqxIk00009b00000f) would be good, assuming only one tree

I left a few free in techer, because you could go for territoy burst, weak element, pp convert or even poison ignition. Weak element is good, but since you are not always going to be using it ehh...

using this exact tree at the moment (at least when i made it i thought i was the only one going this way) and i find myself more versatile than people having to switch trees all the time just to be efficient or w/e in each field where im pretty much adept to every map with more than good enough damage. and ya, barta tree, still laughable and i had one point into the weapon mastery

Give me a minute to put up my Techer build
EDIT:
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn 0000000lb000009b000009b00000f4OIk2XcKjbnbnIg00008k bdKjdKI2J2Ibix00007b00000f

Inazuma
Sep 10, 2013, 04:04 AM
using this exact tree at the moment (at least when i made it i thought i was the only one going this way) and i find myself more versatile than people having to switch trees all the time just to be efficient or w/e in each field where im pretty much adept to every map with more than good enough damage. and ya, barta tree, still laughable and i had one point into the weapon mastery

Give me a minute to put up my Techer build
EDIT:
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn 0000000lb000009b000009b00000f4OIk2XcKjbnbnIg00008k bdKjdKI2J2Ibix00007b00000f

This tree is horrible.

The deband and shifta skills are useless, and more than one point in extend assist is a waste. Wand gear and rare mastery tector do absolutely nothing since you only use tector as a subclass and you never melee with it.

You really should have four skill trees for tector. Three elemental trees and one for PP convert. If you are too poor to afford that and can only have one tree, light is a good choice. Territory burst is maxed which will help you kill enemies much faster thanks to having larger range with zondeel.

Mow some lawns or ask your parents to buy a few more skill trees. Having multiple skill trees is the most important thing when it comes to force and tector. Until you can get more trees, you will be gimped compared to other tectors.

moeri
Sep 10, 2013, 11:55 AM
This tree is horrible.

The deband and shifta skills are useless, and more than one point in extend assist is a waste. Wand gear and rare mastery tector do absolutely nothing since you only use tector as a subclass and you never melee with it.

I agree...

You really should have four skill trees for tector. Three elemental trees and one for PP convert. If you are too poor to afford that and can only have one tree, light is a good choice. Territory burst is maxed which will help you kill enemies much faster thanks to having larger range with zondeel.

Yeah light would be my second choice for only one tree. The only reason I suggested dark was because of the dam%/PP efficiency of namegid, for boss battles.

This decision was to make up for the poor dam%/PP efficiency of fire techs, giving a fairly good way to fight bosses. Using fire techs for normal trash mobs.

Also, territory burst maxed? That is something I never would have thought of... the efficiency of putting only one point in it to get 90s always made me think to stop there. The 20 extra seconds for another 9 points seemed fairly useless. Territory burst being up 92% of the time vs 75% didn't really seem worth it. Then again, near the end of the techer tree there really doesn't seem to be much to spend the points on, so this is actually fairly interesting.

I agree one point in territory burst is definitely a priority, though the points after that seem questionable. Though if you had a lightning force tree then it is definitely a must.

Mow some lawns or ask your parents to buy a few more skill trees. Having multiple skill trees is the most important thing when it comes to force and tector. Until you can get more trees, you will be gimped compared to other tectors.

This is true, but not everyone really has this option, or doesn't want to for one reason or another. They might even have the money, but no access to a debit/credit card to make the purchase.

UnLucky
Sep 10, 2013, 04:36 PM
Light would be a good single element to focus on if you didn't have Fire or Lightning. But with one of those, Light doesn't complement it very well since enemy weaknesses overlap.

I would also go for a Dark Techer tree, since it is the only element that can't be compensated for with any number of Force trees. Enemies weak to wind are typically weak to Fire, those weak to Light are weak to Fire/Lightning, but very few Dark-weak enemies are also weak to Ice (and Ice sucks).

So with only one tree, choose to max either Fire or Lightning with a Dark/PP Techer tree. This will cover the most enemy types without splitting your damage. Personally, I would never use Fo/Te if the enemies were not weak to Dark, since Fighter or Braver would provide better damage, so Element Weak Hit is a must. I don't consider the PP regen enough of a benefit to justify 0 damage skills.

Trees you can consider: Lightning+Dark (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05uDb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikjdt9 bIn0000000lb000009b000009b00000f4OI22SIkjcAcAcFIb0 0006kb6dFI2HSqx5kIb00007b00000f) and Fire+PP Regen. (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05uDb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikjdt9 bIn0000000lb000009b000009b00000f4OIk2XcKjbnbnI2Ib0 0006kb6dFI2J2qxuOIb00007b00000f) They're interchangeable if you want to mix and match, but Fire would need the better PP regen more than Lightning.

And of course, there are more builds in the sticky (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205010).