PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PC/Vita -- MAINTENANCE COMPLETED -- September 11, 2013 at 10:00 - 17:00 JST

Korazenn
Sep 9, 2013, 07:34 PM
Current Server Status (PC/Vita): Online
Servers are back online. Maintenance has been finished.

Please note that this will be a smaller-sized update. We do not expect any large enhancements or immensely game-changing (patch-apocalyptic) features to be made available in this update.

English Translation Patches: Undergoing Maintenance
Please note that some English patches are currently non-functional due to the previous update. We are working on providing an update to each of these patches in order to get them working again. The status of the patches are posted below:

Current PSO2 Tweaker Version: ver 2.5.5.2
English Patch: Working!
English Large Files: Working!
English Story Patch: Semi-working; there may be some issues.
Item Translation Patch: Working!

---------------------------------------------------------------

This week's periodic maintenance for PSO2 JP will be conducted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 by SEGA. The update will run from its scheduled maintenance period, which is 10:00 to 17:00 JST (9:00 PM Tuesday to 4:00 AM Wednesday EDT).

---------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER:
If you are a PSO2 Tweaker user, please note that you will need to perform a file check in order to download the new updates. To do this, start up PSO2 Tweaker, click on the Orb in the top-left, and click on 'Check for PSO2 Updates'. Select 'No' when the dialog box shows up, and let the install of the vanilla JP files finish. After the update, you want to go back into the Orb menu, go to Install/Update Patches > English Patch, and re-enable the 'Translate Items' option in the Orb's menu.

The newest update to PSO2 Tweaker now allows you to view the status of patches for the game before installing them. I would personally recommend only installing the patches that are displayed in green on Tweaker as these are fully functional in-game and shouldn't cause you any problems under normal circumstances. Patches marked in orange indicate a warning that there may be bugs or errors that can occur from having the patch installed that can either impede or crash the game in their current state. On the other hand, items marked in red will signify patches that are entirely non-functional or broken to the point where it does hinder progress for the main game itself.

Please note that errors or crashes can occur past the scheduled maintenance. If you need any assistance with errors or issues in PSO2 that are related to the Tweaker, or encounter any errors post-maintenance, please provide us your qualms on this thread and we will address them ASAP: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

If the update stalls at any point, please restart the PSO2 JP Launcher or PSO2 Tweaker (depending on where you normally install the updates from). Then, redo the process you were working on in order to continue where you left off.

New Announcements from the PSO2 EN Translation Team:
There are a few new announcements and help content from the team this week. Read to your delight! :D

[SPOILER-BOX]
English Patch Update (09/11/2013)

Team Accessories translated.
Beauty Salon Support Partner Menus translated.
Item Trade/Shop Pass content translated.
Some of the new quest info has been translated.
Katana PAs/Bullet Bow PAs have been translated.
Change-Over Code: Capture translated.
Any other untranslated options have also been translated.

English Patch Developments
We are working hard on fixing up the English Story Patch to work with the game again, and it should be available very soon. We are sorry for any inconveniences experienced throughout this past week with users participating in the Naberius II TACOs that went through the bug with the sub-palette locking up.
Currently, getting out the English Story Patch will take priority over the English Large Files, though we plan on having both working very soon, so stay tuned!

In-Game Help Content
Last week, AIDA posted a new guide on setting up your own Player Shop password for use in the in-game trading market. This is a requirement for all users who wish to use the Player Shop functionality and do not have an OTP (One-Time Password) log-in available. You can view the thread here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212815).
For any users that have encountered issues post the scheduled maintenance period on September 4, 2013, please use the information provided by AIDA in her thread here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212801) in order to see if you can be compensated for any incurred damages on SEGA's part. This thread also provides extra information on the conditions that must have been met for such an issue to occur.
AIDA has provided a helpful guide to creating replicas of your favorite PSO2 NPCs here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212945)!

Notices from Korazenn
This thread is now PC and PlayStation Vita friendly. ^^
You may have already noticed, but I have been absent from the forums for quite a bit now. Please note that I'm going through some major real-life complications at the moment, so I will be temporarily unavailable throughout most of the week. Once I get accustomed to my new schedule, I will have far more time to focus on helping users out and creating new guides that cover more help content for both in-game features and PSO2 Tweaker. Thank you for understanding~
[/SPOILER-BOX]

New Game Updates:
Information on all the new game updates can be viewed from here!

[SPOILER-BOX]
Boost Event Information for 9/11 to 9/17/2013
This contains new information regarding the boost events that will be held from September 11th to September 17th. The effects listed below are passive, meaning no items need to be used for them to go into effect. Please note a boost day starts in Japan at 11:00 AM EDT and ends at 10:59 AM EDT of the following day.

General Boost Event Information:

September 13th: Rare Drop Boost +50%
September 16th: Meseta Boost +200%
September 17th: EXP Boost +50%

Client Order Campaign #22
Hans returns sporting his one-of-a-kind pair of shades to hand you even more rewards if you complete certain conditions.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/info20130911/clientorder/header.jpg

From September 11th to September 18th, 2013, if you complete the following Client Orders from Hans, you will receive campaign reward items that are disbursed through the Visiphone Terminal:

[Long-Nosed Family]: Complete this Client Order in order to receive a Rare Drop Boost +50% x2 and Grinder x20.
Recommended Quest: "Subdue Del Malmoth"
[飛来せし鉄の巨影]: Complete this Client Order in order to receive an Extreme Pass and Grind Risk Reduction (+1) x2.
Recommended Quest: "Defeat Vardha Soma"

Reward Delivery Time: After the maintenance that is scheduled for September 25th, 2013 through the Visiphone Terminal under Campaign Reward Items.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/info/clientorder/a_01.jpg

You can receive the Client Orders by talking to Hans. He is near the West Quest Counter in the lobby.[/SPOILER-BOX]
[/spoiler-box]

Extra Notes:
Notes about the PC and PlayStation Vita version of the game are stored here.

PC

This update is required to play the game post the scheduled maintenance.
The game's title screen on the PC should read the following version number after the update is performed: ver. 2.0101.1
28 MB of free disk space is necessary on your PC for this update to be performed. If you are downloading and installing Phantasy Star Online 2 for the first time, the total disk space necessary for all of the game's content will be 13.8 GB.

PlayStation Vita

This update is required to play the game post the scheduled maintenance.
The game's title screen on the PlayStation Vita should read the following version number after the update is performed: ver. 2.0101.1
25 MB of free space is necessary on your PlayStation Vita memory card for this update to be performed. If you are downloading and installing Phantasy Star Online 2 for the first time, the total space necessary for all of the game's content will be 3743 MB (roughly ~3.8 GB).

-------------------------------------

Original Articles:
- 9/11 Update Announcement (PC) (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2170)
- 9/11 Update Announcement (Vita) (http://pso2.jp/vita/players/news/?id=2171)
- Notice of Early Maintenance (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2176)
- Boost Event Information for 9/11 to 9/17/2013 (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2186)
- Client Order Campaign #22 (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2177)

Ezodagrom
Sep 10, 2013, 07:48 AM
Maintenance will start 1 hour earlier, at 10:00 JST.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2176

Korazenn
Sep 10, 2013, 12:10 PM
Maintenance will start 1 hour earlier, at 10:00 JST.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2176

Thanks, Ezo! I've updated all of the times and changed the wording a bit to reflect this.

RagolianHunter
Sep 10, 2013, 12:39 PM
So this will be complete in approx. 4 hours? (it's 2:40 AM JST atm)

Ezodagrom
Sep 10, 2013, 12:47 PM
So this will be complete in approx. 4 hours? (it's 2:40 AM JST atm)
Maintenance starts in 7h15 at the time of this post, and it will last 7 hours.

Variant
Sep 10, 2013, 03:40 PM
Item Translation won't work as-is after this maintenance.

Korazenn
Sep 10, 2013, 08:07 PM
Item Translation won't work as-is after this maintenance.

Thanks for the notification, Variant! I will add a note about that in the OP.

Korazenn
Sep 10, 2013, 08:31 PM
A few quick updates:

Current Server Status (PC/Vita): Undergoing Maintenance
Servers are currently offline. Maintenance has begun.

Please note that some English patches are currently non-functional due to the previous update. We are working on providing an update to each of these patches in order to get them working again. The status of the patches are posted below:

English Patch: Unknown! (Waiting for servers.)
English Large Files: Not working; the patch causes an infinitely looping loading screen.
Item Translation Patch: Not working yet! Will be updated very soon~

New Announcements from the PSO2 EN Translation Team:
There are a few new announcements and help content from the team this week. Read to your delight! :D

[SPOILER-BOX]

[/SPOILER-BOX]

NexusAZ
Sep 10, 2013, 08:36 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]

[/SPOILER-BOX]

I love you guys.

stl4jsp
Sep 10, 2013, 08:36 PM
Cool thank you for letting us all know! I thought it was odd when I couldn't log in oh well I guess I'll find something else to do. Hope everything goes smoothly good luck to you guys!

Imjake
Sep 10, 2013, 10:19 PM
Turned on the ol Tweaker. It downloaded 9.35MB's of something and says it's ready to go. Wut? I know the servers are still down, not talking about that, but did I just download the new files or something?

Variant
Sep 10, 2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the notification, Variant! I will add a note about that in the OP.

Arc fixed it while I was asleep, we should be good to go on item translation.

Korazenn
Sep 10, 2013, 10:38 PM
Turned on the ol Tweaker. It downloaded 9.35MB's of something and says it's ready to go. Wut? I know the servers are still down, not talking about that, but did I just download the new files or something?

You're not 'quite' ready to play the game, yet. ;)

When server maintenance is finished, the full update will become available. SEGA pushes these update files bit-by-bit as they go through them, so you would essentially be able to download most of them by ~1-2 AM EDT. When maintenance is finished, you would have most of the files ready to go, so you would probably only have about 4-5 MBs left in files to download.

In total, you downloaded 9.35 MBs worth of files out of the 28 MB update. That means that if you were to wait for the update to finish before downloading again, you would probably have approximately 18.65 MBs worth of data to download (you have AIDA to thank for that new addition to the top of Tweaker upon starting a file download :D).

Everything should be good to go within the next few hours, so stay tuned~

Arc fixed it while I was asleep, we should be good to go on item translation.

Nice work, you guys! :D I've updated my post to reflect the changes.

Imjake
Sep 10, 2013, 10:44 PM
Word.

Korazenn
Sep 10, 2013, 11:53 PM
Huge update to the English patches! Thanks goes to AIDA and the rest of the team who have been working hard on updating all of these! :D

The team has gotten the English Patch, English Large Files, Item Translation Patch, and JP Enemy/Emergency Trials now updated to work. You may now update to the latest versions of all these patches through PSO2 Tweaker. After updating them, the versions should change to those listed below:

New EN Translation Patch Versions:

English Patch: patch_2013_09_10
English Large Files: 2013_09_10_largefiles

English Patch: Working!
English Large Files: Working!
Item Translation Patch: Working!

New Game Updates:
Information on all the new game updates can be viewed from here!

[SPOILER-BOX]
Boost Event Information for 9/11 to 9/17/2013
This contains new information regarding the boost events that will be held from September 11th to September 17th. The effects listed below are passive, meaning no items need to be used for them to go into effect. Please note a boost day starts in Japan at 11:00 AM EDT and ends at 10:59 AM EDT of the following day.

September 13th: Rare Drop Boost +50%
September 16th: Meseta Boost +200%
September 17th: EXP Boost +50%

Client Order Campaign #22
Hans returns sporting his one-of-a-kind pair of shades to hand you even more rewards if you complete certain conditions.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/info20130911/clientorder/header.jpg

From September 11th to September 18th, 2013, if you complete the following Client Orders from Hans, you will receive campaign reward items that are disbursed through the Visiphone Terminal:

[Long-Nosed Family]: Complete this Client Order in order to receive a Rare Drop Boost +50% x2 and Grinder x20.
Recommended Quest: "Subdue Del Malmoth"
[Armored Flying Mechs]: Complete this Client Order in order to receive an Extreme Pass and Grind Risk Reduction (+1) x2.
Recommended Quest: "Defeat Vardha Soma"

Reward Delivery Time: After the maintenance that is scheduled for September 25th, 2013 through the Visiphone Terminal under Campaign Reward Items.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/info/clientorder/a_01.jpg

You can receive the Client Orders by talking to Hans. He is near the West Quest Counter in the lobby.[/SPOILER-BOX]
[/spoiler-box]

slammu31
Sep 11, 2013, 01:58 AM
I made an account to purely say. I love all the hard work you guys are doing on this translation program and I'm very grateful for all the hard work you guys put into this program so we can play! So thank you very much on everything, keep up the hard work!

NexusAZ
Sep 11, 2013, 02:17 AM
Servers are back up. :3

jooozek
Sep 11, 2013, 02:18 AM
they've raised the enemies level in wind&rain to lv51

larthejust
Sep 11, 2013, 03:09 AM
I am glad good-hearted people like yourselves are taking your time to give us this luxury. This game is wonderful and making these english patches makes it even more wonderful. Thanks guys for your dedication.

Rakurai
Sep 11, 2013, 03:27 AM
I have this hunch that they probably nerfed the rare drop rates on Vardha Soma and Blu Ringahda this patch to compensate for the guaranteed interrupt rankings they'll be getting this week...

Hosaka
Sep 11, 2013, 03:32 AM
I have this hunch that they probably nerfed the rare drop rates on Vardha Soma and Blu Ringahda this patch to compensate for the guaranteed interrupt rankings they'll be getting this week...

That makes no sense. Why would they apply a 400% Rare Boost to those enemies, only to nerf their drop rates?

Rakurai
Sep 11, 2013, 03:38 AM
The rates on their rares feel abnormally high compared to all of the other bosses in the game, especially with the numerous reports of multiple 10 star weapon drops from both rare bosses that I've been seeing on the JP wiki.

Giving us a 400% boost to already good rates without some kind of catch feels too good to be true.

Hosaka
Sep 11, 2013, 03:48 AM
Sega fucked up pretty bad recently. This and Wind and Rain (one of the most popular and profitable EQs ever) making a return could be part of their attempts to make it up to the playerbase.

Shinamori
Sep 11, 2013, 04:25 AM
I love Wind & Rain, bring on the Yas!

Hosaka
Sep 11, 2013, 04:48 AM
^This. Prices on those will bomb hard. May have to get my GU one.

Shinamori
Sep 11, 2013, 04:51 AM
They'll go back up after the EQ's done too.

Korazenn
Sep 11, 2013, 05:56 AM
Maintenance has been completed.

Thanks everyone!

Shinamori
Sep 11, 2013, 06:05 AM
Isn't the IR suppose to be Soma and not Ringa?

Ya, it's a bug or something.

本日9/11(水)20:00より予定しておりました、「インタラプトランキング&緊急クエスト発生予告 」が「ヴァーダーソーマ」撃破ランキングではなく、「ブリュー・リンガーダ」撃破ランキングが開始されてい る症状を確認しており、現在調査を行っております。  本件の詳細などにつきましては、あらためましてお知 らせさせていただきますので、今しばらくお待ちくださいますようお願いいたします。  皆様にはご迷惑をお かけしておりますことをお詫び申し上げます。

Translate please.

Variant
Sep 11, 2013, 06:57 AM
bug

They said sorry and said it'd continue as normal tomorrow/starting from the next one.