PDA

View Full Version : Question about RAmar and RAmarl

Cex
Apr 10, 2003, 02:16 AM
Ok, I was looking through the character sections, and I noticed at lvl 10(and the lower lvls) the RAmarl has more hit points than the RAmar. Is this true? I thought the RAmarl had the lowest hit points of any ranger. Seems like the RAmarl has better stats on everything until about lvl 100 when the RAmar catches up pretty fast? So if this is correct, and Im not missing something, which would be better in the long run?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cex on 2003-04-10 00:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cex on 2003-04-10 00:26 ]</font>

Eclypse
Apr 10, 2003, 02:50 AM
It depends on how you like to play. If you only like to attack and don't really care about having a great deal of techs to use, then I would choose the RAmar. If you like to mix it up and have a strong variety of techs and good attacks with guns, I would choose the RAmarl. The RAmarl is a cross between a RAmar and a FOmarl. She has the best use of techs out of the ranger class, and if you develope her correctly she can be one of if not the most versatile characters in the game aside from the HUnewearl.

Brundidge
Apr 10, 2003, 04:47 AM
LOL HP early growth scores isn't a concern for me. By the time you hit a good level you'll feel confortable about your HP (except for maybe boss fights). A RAmarl is a great solo character but the beginning leveling stages are slow but it'll pick up quickly. 2nd highest ATA score of all classes and stats aren't too far behind from a RAmar. A RAmar may excel in ATA, HP, and ATP over a RAmarl but a RAmarl excels in MST, EVP, DEF, and lvl 20 techs over the RAmar if you compare them together. A RAmar can't use Zalure/Jellen though but a RAmarl can (basically the ranger HUnewearl) and with a lvl 20shita plus a lvl20 zalure you can make great results. A RAmarl is a cool class to explore. Shooting stances for most weapons are different and you don't normally see a small woman carrying a big gun or bad ass mechguns LOL. But then it also drops down to the player's style of playing. If at first it don't work or doesn't feel right then that's aight. Its a personal preferance but a RAmarl is a great class to work on.

Grimlock
Apr 10, 2003, 06:42 AM
RAmarl is cool. I am having lots of fun with her, guns AND techs? Yes please.

Plus the beret is the icing on the cake http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MadCowChuck_
Apr 10, 2003, 06:47 AM
RAmarl is definelty the best solo-er of the game, and all-around a better and more survivable character. Her level 20 techs outdo all of the RAmars by a good bit, and her ability to use Spread Needle and Frozen Shooter and Yas 9kM with all of that...whoo!

Elusive_Llama
Apr 10, 2003, 08:01 AM
That's what I keep saying. The Ramarl is like a Hunewearl with an extra 100 materials limit in exchange for no tp regen, and the ability to use guns. Level 20 shifta + zalure will more than make up for the difference in ATP between her and the Ramar. Level 20 deband + jellen will let you take a hit from an online arlan/merlan/del-d and not lose half your life bar (and you WILL get hit even if you're a ranger). And of course, level 20 resta and higher MST means more bang for the buck.

Some say that Jellen and Zalure are useless on a Ranger. In my experience playing my 135 Ramarl almost exclusively online, I usually find myself in the 'mosh pit' with the HUs. It is a product of my playstyle, and don't tell me that's not how a Ranger should be played until you have played a Ranger with a Spread Needle. The only times I'm giving 'support fire' from the backlines is when I have my Snow Queen equipped.

Here's the catch. When a Force is on the team and casts the necessary support spells, the Ramarl's big advantage over the other rangers - technique strength - is diminished. The other rangers will outperform her, especially the androids. That doesn't mean she suddenly becomes a weakling.

Look at it this way...if she can kick ass in online ultimate with level 20 techniques (and my 135 Ramarl manages to do it), she'll do even better with level 30 techs cast on her. She will not outdo the other rangers if the support techs are the same, but that's the price you pay for having a decent S/D/J/Z/Resta at your beck and call.

ps. woohoo! My ATA is now such that I can freeze an online Ult. sinow on the ceiling...with my Snow Queen. Even better, now I can freeze online Ult. Delsabers with that gun! Those hard-hitting bastards with super high EVP are now frozen pansies for my charge mechguns to obliterate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elusive_Llama on 2003-04-10 06:19 ]</font>

Logical2u
Apr 10, 2003, 10:22 AM
The hp thing might be a minor glitch. I do some to remember RaMarls are supposed to have least HP, but did you equip any units? I did/do and now I have all same abilities as a NewMan with the functionality of a force, with the strength of a RaMar with a Photon Launcher. It might be that it was 1. Unit modification (IE: Digger/HP) 2. Minor Glitch (Oops) or 3. Mag (No comment). Don't ask me where I got the abilites of a newman.

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 10, 2003, 12:11 PM
RAmarls are really awesome, even though I don't even own Episode I and II. I have played on my friend's GC and I love them to death, but they are still second to my trusty FOmar I will soon have on PSOX. Heh heh heh.....April 15th....April 16th....April 17th......