PDA

View Full Version : More Nova Details from Shogai (+ Gigantes info)

Mike
Sep 11, 2013, 05:14 AM
Shogai (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/09/130911a.html) was upupdated with info from this week's Famitsu and Dengeki magazines. Here's what know about Nova so far:

Development
Nova is 40% complete
The PSO2 team will only be supervising Nova, the rest will be left to Tri-Ace
Yasuyuki Tsuzuki from Sega will be a producer for the game
Yuji Tamura from Tri-Ace will also be a producer
Motoi Sakuraba will be doing the music
Dragon Sakai Satoshi Sakai also gets a listing in the credits as "series producer"

Character & Story
You get to make your own character with a character creater
NPCs are created using PSO2's character creator
Mission happen as you progress through the story
Clearing missions allows you to progress further
Players belong to Arks Planetary Exploration Group "Alter"
The Alter ship the players are on, the Delta Valient, crashes in to Machia
Machia is a planet where photons have no power
Because of this, Photon Arts and Techs will not be usuable
There will be something else in thier place though
You will fight with the Gigantes while trying to get off the planet

NPC Characters

Lutina

Lutina is an 18 year old human force. She is the PC's partner in Nova. In the preview video, she is the one that is standing by what looks like a bridge of a ship.

Sail

Sail is an 18 year old human hunter. He's a hot-blooded guy and his friends are very important to him. He doesn't show up in any videos yet.

Fieldia

Fieldia is the 28 year old acting captain of the Delta Valient. She is also a hunter. In the preview video, Fieldia is the woman standing by the grave.

Enemies, Drops & Weapons
Various PSO2 enemies show up like the cylcops enemies and a green Vol Dragon
The Gigantes has an alternative version known as the Agrios
Standard PSO2 classes exist with weapons like swords, partisans, and rods returning.
Weapons will not drop
In their place, materials that can used make weapons will drop
A new ranged weapon type called the "Pile" is in the game.
Piles shoot anchors which create a weak point where they hit the enemy
Piles have additional effect on the Gigantes.

Shogai is calling Nova "Monster Phanter." I think that's right.

A second article (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/09/130911b.html) has been posted detailing how to defeat a Gigantes using the Pile weapon.

Pile weapons look like the Astral Riser weapon from Infinity. If you participated in one of the PSO2Vita tests, you may have a promo version of this item. Anyways, one way to defeating a Gigantes is to take control of if by using a pile. Hiting a some of the Gigantes' armor with an anchor will destroy the armor and get the anchor stuck in to the weak skin underneath. Then you climb up the Gigantes, using a system similar to the one in the Dark Falz Dios fight from Infinity (which is really just using a chat shortcut to create a mid-air platform), and attack the anchor, driving it deeper in to the Gigantes. Once the anchor is far enough inside, you take over control and win the fight.

Shogai mentions at the end that quests that involve taking control of enemies and defeating enemies are actually seperate things. This will likely be explained in another article to be post tonight.

Variant
Sep 11, 2013, 05:20 AM

Wut.

Also, materials dropping, weapon crafting. Distinct lack of photons. I'm pretty sure this is all a cleverly disguised Monster Hunter sequel.

Taurus83
Sep 11, 2013, 05:34 AM
as expected tri-ace sometime frm star ocean item craft.
"Because of this, Photon Arts and Techs will not be usuable" why the need of "rods returning" or they replace it with symbology lol

Z-0
Sep 11, 2013, 05:40 AM
Yesss, Motoi Sakuraba is doing the music pieces.

+1

BIG OLAF
Sep 11, 2013, 06:07 AM
That all sounds really awesome, actually. Like Monster Hunter meets PSP2/i.

Kilich
Sep 11, 2013, 06:13 AM
-Machia is a planet where photons have no power.

What? I mean, I can guess it was done artificially, to probably hide it from Darkers, but aren't Photons supposed to be elementary particles, like Higgs Boson, that form the universe? Them not working is strange, at the very least.

Mike
Sep 11, 2013, 06:18 AM
as expected tri-ace sometime frm star ocean item craft.
"Because of this, Photon Arts and Techs will not be usuable" why the need of "rods returning" or they replace it with symbology lol
PAs and techs are being replaced. What they are being replaced with hasn't been announced yet.

I'm guess some kind of PA / tech storage unit that can only hold a certain number of uses. Just a guess though.

Gama
Sep 11, 2013, 07:18 AM
so there isnt sunlight in that planet, or any kind of light.

"photons"

Noc Codez
Sep 11, 2013, 07:37 AM
Wow this sounds like MH and not PSO.. good job sega

Variant
Sep 11, 2013, 07:42 AM
Wow this sounds like MH and not PSO.. good job sega

At least the latest MH made it to USA. *cough*

gigawuts
Sep 11, 2013, 07:46 AM
I am all about this.

Zipzo
Sep 11, 2013, 08:11 AM
Pretty sure this is an obvious intended competitor for MH.

ReaperTheAbsol
Sep 11, 2013, 08:11 AM
Shut up and take my Meseta.

Zipzo
Sep 11, 2013, 08:38 AM
It's never going to see the light of day off shores.

Vintasticvin
Sep 11, 2013, 08:42 AM
:( We're getting "Infinitied" a third time? And this sounda like its going to be a great experience if executed correctly!

Z-0
Sep 11, 2013, 08:47 AM
hi

just to make sure people notice

weapons don't drop and have to be crafted. :3

gigawuts
Sep 11, 2013, 08:47 AM
It's never going to see the light of day off shores.

Not officially, anyway.

But this will most definitely be imported to my shores.

Zipzo
Sep 11, 2013, 08:52 AM
This is the funniest thing about PSOW.

Spend 90% of the time bitching about how horrible everything is in the games we have available to play, but that other 10% when something new gets announced it's like you all rapidly incur a miraculous form of hyper amnesia.

If there's one thing any of you should have learned by now it's that you're better off waiting and seeing with SEGA...

jooozek
Sep 11, 2013, 08:54 AM
how do you even compare a retail title to a f2p mmo
lol

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 11, 2013, 09:01 AM
so am I the only one that thinks this PS game is going to just be meh? I mean PSO2 has some problems but its an overall good game but this just doesn't sounds all that great so far.

Mike
Sep 11, 2013, 09:06 AM
A second article (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/09/130911b.html) has been posted detailing how to defeat a Gigantes using the Pile weapon.

Pile weapons look like the Astral Riser weapon from Infinity. If you participated in one of the PSO2Vita tests, you may have a promo version of this item. Anyways, one way to defeating a Gigantes is to take control of if by using a pile. Hiting a some of the Gigantes' armor with an anchor will destroy the armor and get the anchor stuck in to the weak skin underneath. Then you climb up the Gigantes, using a system similar to the one in the Dark Falz Dios fight from Infinity (which is really just using a chat shortcut to create a mid-air platform), and attack the anchor, driving it deeper in to the Gigantes. Once the anchor is far enough inside, you take over control and win the fight.

Shogai mentions at the end that quests that involve taking control of enemies and defeating enemies are actually seperate things. This will likely be explained in another article to be post tonight.

Zipzo
Sep 11, 2013, 09:06 AM
lol

I'm not comparing them, but that's besides the fact they are using the exact same character creator to which we probably can reasonably guess that there will be many other notable similarities, the major differences lying within story and apparently this new crafting system.

Either way, you speak as if SEGA hasn't had their hand in awful "offline" games?

Rexob
Sep 11, 2013, 09:10 AM
I'm not comparing them, but that's besides the fact they are using the exact same character creator to which we probably can reasonably guess that there will be many other notable similarities, the major differences lying within story and apparently this new crafting system.

Either way, you speak as if SEGA hasn't had their hand in awful "offline" games?

I wouldn't call it a "new crafting system" it sounds like a re-hashed version of what they tried in PSU...but we'll see. I didn't like the crafting system in PSU a lot, but there are definitely pros and cons to it. In PSU players had to first find the recipe boards which allowed them X number of chances to make an item that generally took several hours for anything 10*+ and most boards had 3 chances with a 33% chance to fail. I apologize if you already knew that.

Mike
Sep 11, 2013, 09:16 AM
The most recent spinoffs (Portable series, Zero) have been rather good. They haven't been everyone's cup of tea but in general they've done well. I think this is why people are excited for Nova. Actually getting it in English is a different problem though.

I wouldn't call it a "new crafting system" it sounds like a re-hashed version of what they tried in PSU...but we'll see. I didn't like the crafting system in PSU a lot, but there are definitely pros and cons to it. In PSU players had to first find the recipe boards which allowed them X number of chances to make an item that generally took several hours for anything 10*+ and most boards had 3 chances with a 33% chance to fail. I apologize if you already knew that.
Sega knows players hated this which is why we haven't seen it since Universe. I'd bet the crafting is going to be more Monster Hunter than Universe. Sega is willing to forget progress if it means a new cash flow though so I may be wrong.

Shadowth117
Sep 11, 2013, 09:21 AM
I really hope the gameplay isn't as slow paced as monster hunter. That would seriously annoy me. Also seems kind of dumb to get rid of the signature technology of this series, but meh.

Regardless, as long as it plays decent enough I'm fine. I dislike Monster Hunter's gameplay and I'd rather not see them try to emulate that.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 11, 2013, 10:22 AM
Mustn't...get...excited about this...

Monster Hunter, save me! *Grabs 3DS*

Vintasticvin
Sep 11, 2013, 10:39 AM
Mustn't...get...excited about this...

Monster Hunter, save me! *Grabs 3DS*

-_- Same here En sadly I got a loooong wait hoping the Kickstarts for Mighty No.9 and Shantae meet their funding goals :(

Micro
Sep 11, 2013, 10:51 AM
hi

just to make sure people notice

weapons don't drop and have to be crafted. :3

This is the best part. Assuming it works like MH crafting and not PSU synthing(where stuff can fail).

gigawuts
Sep 11, 2013, 10:54 AM
This is the best part. Assuming it works like MH crafting and not PSU synthing(where stuff can fail).

Agreeing 100%.

The best part of MH was that the luck was in getting the items, NOT making the weapons. Once you had it it was yours.

strikerhunter
Sep 11, 2013, 10:57 AM
Agreeing 100%.

The best part of MH was that the luck was in getting the items, NOT making the weapons. Once you had it it was yours.

Not to mention the various different type of weapons you can make with that one drop rather to just one weapon.

gigawuts
Sep 11, 2013, 11:00 AM
Not to mention the various different type of weapons you can make with that one drop rather to just one weapon.

Yeah exactly. You have so many options with your findings. It really was way more satisfying to hunt and find items within hours as opposed to, I don't know, months without results.

The best part of PSO1 for me was hunting and finding items quickly. Find an item, move on to another. Everything had a different specific use. Hunt, find, hunt something else. In MH this just means hunting specific parts and building different items - simple enough for me to enjoy it.

o0Kais0o
Sep 11, 2013, 11:13 AM
If this game turns out to be a mix up of pso2 with mh style crafting, then fuck yes I will be buying a vita.

ShinMaruku
Sep 11, 2013, 11:40 AM
so am I the only one that thinks this PS game is going to just be meh? I mean PSO2 has some problems but its an overall good game but this just doesn't sounds all that great so far.

You are. From what I heard it's better than pso2. I am fucking sold. PSO2 is dead to me as soon as this launches. :P

MetalDude
Sep 11, 2013, 11:40 AM
Yesss, Motoi Sakuraba is doing the music pieces.

+1

Came in just to quote this. I was surprised at first to see his name on here, but I forgot he's actually responsible for a lot of tri-ace soundtrack work.

Hey, if I'm not getting the game (or Vita for that matter), at least I have a Sakuraba take on PS music to look forward to.

Railkune
Sep 11, 2013, 11:51 AM
Well, this is a bit more interesting anyways. I'm mostly interested in this Photon Art alternative.

Ouranos
Sep 11, 2013, 12:09 PM

That won't properly work in an offline game. Players can just save before grinding. If it fails just reload the saved file. Rinse and repeat until it succeeds. The first ragnarok odyssey had a similar system. The system failed horribly on what it's supposed to do (RNG weapon skills unlocking), everyone exploited it and got a free pass to weapon skills.

Shadowth117
Sep 11, 2013, 12:10 PM
Well, this is a bit more interesting anyways. I'm mostly interested in this Photon Art alternative.

Yeeep. This is gonna be what makes it or breaks it I think. If it meshs well into the core gameplay it'll be nice. I bet it will, but if it doesn't than this may be annoying later on. I just hope its not as silly as having one basic attack combo per weapon and I hope its not just a stamina bar instead of a pp bar. If it is different enough and it turns out neat, I hope that they go on to integrate some of those attack ideas into PSO2. Maybe make classes based on non photon based attacks and/or a combination of photon and non photon based attacks. That could potentially be really cool if they did it correctly.

gigawuts
Sep 11, 2013, 12:12 PM
If they do a branching combo system, like MH has (or whatever that system is actually called), the combat system will be perfect. That's just complex, yet still simple, enough to be intuitive and probably pretty easy to balance as you make the game.

Sp-24
Sep 11, 2013, 12:14 PM
It looks every bit like Monster Hunter so far, so I'm going to guess that they'll just copy the gameplay, too. I mean, it's Sega. Last thing they'll do these days is make anything original and that isn't proven to be in high demand right now.

If they do a branching combo system, like MH has (or whatever that system is actually called), the combat system will be perfect. That's just complex, yet still simple, enough to be intuitive and probably pretty easy to balance as you make the game.
I don't know if there's an official term, but last time I saw a game with a combo system like that, it was Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. The system was called "Free Form Fighting System", which is bullshit, because the last thing it was is free-form. DMC3 came out a few months later with a free-form combat without its own name. Not that it has anything to do with the topic, though.

NoiseHERO
Sep 11, 2013, 12:14 PM
Definitely not my cup of tea, but the whole no online play other than ad-hoc/local is 90% of why.

Other 10% is pso2 probably ruining this series for me.

Railkune
Sep 11, 2013, 12:19 PM
I think I read this somewhere but, aren't Photons the things that give the characters their abilities/above human bodies? I guess this new method of fighting will need to be pretty legit, or the new enemies we are fighting will have to be pretty tame. Something even a basic human can take out.

ShinMaruku
Sep 11, 2013, 12:24 PM
Keep in mind the basic human in pso is much stronger than the norm it was stated in a old lore book.

Railkune
Sep 11, 2013, 12:28 PM
Oh? Well that's interesting. Makes me wonder what the characters will use to survive even more now.

Sp-24
Sep 11, 2013, 12:33 PM
Photons are a universal excuse for Sega to do anything they want. Why is female's armor so skimpy? Skin is exposed to photons to increase their power! Why isn't men's, then? Uh, photons! Why are swords still used in what appears to be a high tech setting? Come on, what kind of idiotic question is that.

Don't know when was the last time photons played any serious role in the story at all, or were elaborated upon aside from being just mentioned. But, in any case, I think all that the lack of photons means here is that they are going to a comparatively more down-to-earth fighting system with no Techniques or PA spam like, I dunno, Monster Hunter games. I expect an "I can't feel the photons!" line in the beginning of the game before they are completely forgotten.

Shadowth117
Sep 11, 2013, 12:37 PM
But, in any case, I think all that the lack of photons means here is that they are going to a comparatively more down-to-earth fighting system with no Techniques or PA spam like, I dunno, Monster Hunter games.

Well apparently rods are in so I'd expect magic to come through in some way. And yes I know that's a different thing in the PS universe, but that's just what I'd expect. How it'd be handled here, I have no idea.

@Rock Eastwood: Did they actually say that anywhere? I know the Phantasy Star Portable series worked online, though there weren't any ingame meeting rooms and it was all 4 man instance based. I was kinda hoping it'd be like that for this, but if its not that would be pretty gay to be honest.

ShinMaruku
Sep 11, 2013, 12:44 PM
Photons are a universal excuse for Sega to do anything they want. Why is female's armor so skimpy? Skin is exposed to photons to increase their power! Why isn't men's, then? Uh, photons! Why are swords still used in what appears to be a high tech setting? Come on, what kind of idiotic question is that.

Don't know when was the last time photons played any serious role in the story at all, or were elaborated upon aside from being just mentioned. But, in any case, I think all that the lack of photons means here is that they are going to a comparatively more down-to-earth fighting system with no Techniques or PA spam like, I dunno, Monster Hunter games. I expect an "I can't feel the photons!" line in the beginning of the game before they are completely forgotten.

What you feel about photons is what I feel about techniques, they are not magic, they are psychic powers that manipulate photons not magic. Magic was a separate thing in Phantasy Star.

Arkanoid
Sep 11, 2013, 12:45 PM
I mean, it's Sega. Last thing they'll do these days is make anything original and that isn't proven to be in high demand right now.

:O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WST9QRU7w0s

>:O

The Walrus
Sep 11, 2013, 12:59 PM
PSO2 Mon Hun eh?

Take my money Sega.

Sp-24
Sep 11, 2013, 01:00 PM
:O

Hero Bank Gameplay Trailer 3DS (JP) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WST9QRU7w0s)

>:O
Oh my.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 11, 2013, 01:18 PM
-Machia is a planet where photons have no power.

What? I mean, I can guess it was done artificially, to probably hide it from Darkers, but aren't Photons supposed to be elementary particles, like Higgs Boson, that form the universe? Them not working is strange, at the very least.
They might have no power for them Arkz there. Not saying they aren't there, just that they can't use them, for whatever reason. Photons in the PS series have never really made sense.

Zorafim
Sep 11, 2013, 01:45 PM
This is the funniest thing about PSOW.

Spend 90% of the time bitching about how horrible everything is in the games we have available to play, but that other 10% when something new gets announced it's like you all rapidly incur a miraculous form of hyper amnesia.

If there's one thing any of you should have learned by now it's that you're better off waiting and seeing with SEGA...

I, honestly, agree. We have next to no information on this. Sega has a pretty bad track record. And the more I play their games, the more I realize that they make their games 80% amazing, and 20% crap. There's really no point in getting excited over this.

Now, mind, portable offline PS titles have been pretty good. But as far as I can tell, this will be a PS game in name only. Nobody from any PS team will be in this game, from my understanding. So it may as well just be a tri-ace game with PS thrown in. If that gets you excited, then great.

Who's this bozo?

*looks up discography*

...okay, this looks promising.

Shakuri
Sep 11, 2013, 01:50 PM
Should have got Go Shiina to do the music instead.

Railkune
Sep 11, 2013, 01:52 PM
Should have got Go Shiina to do the music instead.

Agreed. I'd like to see this done.

Honestly Motoi's music isn't all that great to me. It's good, but not to the point where I'd get excited over it.

Mysterious-G
Sep 11, 2013, 01:53 PM
While it does sound like the combat is going to be closer to the MH series, I think this would be a fantastic opportunity to have PSO1's special attack return. Don't you guys think? My mind would be blown from the nostalgic feelings.

Norco
Sep 11, 2013, 02:41 PM
I am really hoping the alternative to Photon is better, though you never know. Crafting weapons instead of hunting them I am not sure how I feel about.. Sounds a lot like the PSU system, guess if it is done right it might be cool.

One thing that I think look promising is that the story revolves around one planet and its basically, survive and make your way until you can escape. The Gigantes looks kind of stupid, though I am sort of getting used to this by now. Also I hope it isn't just big monsters, I think that would ruin it for me.

So my final conclusion of what I think is.. Well basically we can scratch everything I just said since it is only 40% done. It is way to little information to work with, some of what we have heard so far might also change a bit xD

Cypher_9
Sep 11, 2013, 03:26 PM
Character & Story

Machia is a planet where photons have no power
There will be something else in thier place though

Granted some PS series lacked the continuity most would desire as it made them insane in the process. Let’s say if they were serious within their concepts and each writer was consistent with the other(s).

A couple definitions:

PHOTON: a quantum of electromagnetic radiation, usually considered as an elementary particle that is its own antiparticle and that has zero rest mass and charge and a spin of one.
Also called light quantum.

MAGIC: the art of producing a desired effect or result through the use of incantation or various other techniques that presumably assure human control of supernatural agencies or the forces of nature.

TAIJUSTSU: something Rock Lee and Might Gai does, you will see why this is here.

Now with the photon concept in mind – it is basically said that players manipulate the photons around them. In this the players who would use such manipulation has to have an extraordinary sense of perception; as one mentioned, being a ‘psychic’. Players would be a psychic or psionic on this level for it does incur for them to basically bend the electromagnetism around them to preform ‘arts’ or ‘technics’. Arts and Technics are the result of photons either come together, come apart, rub against each other, circle around, etc. (of course you knew that ._.)
So, that players in PS who do manipulate photons would be called Photonkinetics, Photojutsu artist/specialist, Photoners? (hehe see what I did there…), Photobenders, Magneto!

That would be if they weren't on this nice planet that renders their Photonkenesis useless; so on to their alternatives!

Now with the given thought of magic being reintroduced would induce the players to be – well lack of a better term; gods or god-like. In this, the player would have to assume control over an element, worldly force, etc. that is beyond their own means and comprehension – something that didn’t originally belong to them. Quite frankly it would, by another definition, would encourage them to study these unseen forces, make a book upon their discoveries, experiences or thereof, worship a deity? If it be the case, then the players would form a ‘spiritual’ growth or kin to nature. Perhaps make ‘symbols’ (yes I caught the symbology thing ^^) in knowledge of the deity to utilize such a force to channel through it or their bodies as mediums.

So, players can assume a new title! Priests of Machia, Covenant of Falz (the dark force is somewhere!)

For those who just improve their body in the ways of movement execution would just be – martial artist. Basically art with the body to preform graceful movements with either organic to in-organic extensions. The player would learn how to defend themselves much more so without relying on photons and its mimicry of ‘arts’; which the person can learn the movements by doing it themselves. Of course they would train on how to do Nova Strike or Twister Fall – hell the one who made Photon Arts had to get it from somewhere. Thus the Rock Lee concept of working against the elements to help your body improve – thus becoming naturally stronger physically.

Students of Gigantes or The Way of Gigantes anyone?

Now, I see into what someone told me indirectly about photon arts actually makes sense since this concept in Nova is present. Anyway, that is my thought on that. Yes I taken the time to write this – it was fun to do~

Hopefully you enjoyed it the same :3

Omega-z
Sep 11, 2013, 07:48 PM
Well, With no Techinque's I'll just go back to hitting the book's/Tome's with chatting a spell....Magic. Since Lutz is the one who made Techinque Disc's with photons to be used by everyone (Casts..etc) which are power'd by Photon's with the Nano Transformer which runs those discs. - Basic Photons killz Falz and his hoard. -

Think about this way, You have a CD player that runs music disks which has copies of songs you like that you can change them on the fly as you wish and listen to them. But this also means that you don't really know the song to sing it, play it with an instrument or read it ...etc. Compared to learning all of that and being a master of music so there is a difference, Like Lutz.

It's completely possible for Nova to not have photon's and be in a PS Franchise need to look to the classics.

Xaeris
Sep 11, 2013, 08:14 PM
Does anyone else read the bit about Machia nullifying photons and think "Phantasy Star Ocean"? Hell, that even abbreviates to PSO.

ReaperTheAbsol
Sep 11, 2013, 08:21 PM
Does anyone else read the bit about Machia nullifying photons and think "Phantasy Star Ocean"? Hell, that even abbreviates to PSO.

I was starting to think the same thing...

Manta Oyamada
Sep 11, 2013, 08:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT7N_08CYAA1XUi.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT7N5GlCcAAb6Ib.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT7KMovCYAAnwVh.png:large

BIG OLAF
Sep 11, 2013, 08:49 PM
If the past is anything to go by, PSNova will be to PSO2 as PSP2/i was to PSU:

Better in every way, and make people shake their fist to the sky and say 'SEGA WHY COULDN'T YOU DO THIS THE FIRST TIMEE45DEHUOBJDFBFDESFRHEFR"

Enforcer MKV
Sep 11, 2013, 08:52 PM
I want those outfits in PSO2. Now.

Totori
Sep 11, 2013, 08:53 PM
Eww, not even close if it plays anything like Monster Hunter, and with Sakuraba doing the music I GUESS we can expect to hear the same crap he's been placing down for every game this dude has worked on. Seriously.

But even with that, I guess I'll just see how the game actually plays then decide if it's nice.

gigawuts
Sep 11, 2013, 08:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT7N_08CYAA1XUi.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT7N5GlCcAAb6Ib.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT7KMovCYAAnwVh.png:large

Hm, these aren't showing up for me. Could you try rehosting them?

Vashyron
Sep 11, 2013, 09:14 PM
Harpoon Cannon.... Fire.

So about Photons not working on that Planet... despite that still Photon weaponry? :wacko:

ShinMaruku
Sep 11, 2013, 09:16 PM
Moonstone cannon fire. I think Photons will work on that planet later. Some supressor tech.

ReaperTheAbsol
Sep 11, 2013, 09:46 PM
Repost:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/sd8jXIn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6WjCipD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SL2JhiK.jpg

[/spoiler-box]

Enforcer MKV
Sep 11, 2013, 09:48 PM
Repost:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/sd8jXIn.jpg

[/spoiler-box]

Third picture is the same as the second there, chief. Missing the last one.

ReaperTheAbsol
Sep 11, 2013, 09:49 PM
Third picture is the same as the second there, chief. Missing the last one.

Hehe.
Just fixed it.
Nice call on that.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 11, 2013, 10:00 PM
Hehe.
Just fixed it.
Nice call on that.

*Bows* Happy to be of assistance.

ShinMaruku
Sep 11, 2013, 10:04 PM
"Phantasy Star Online 2 is the flagship title of the Phantasy Star series," series producer Satoshi Sakai told Famitsu. "PS Nova, meanwhile, is a new Phantasy Star series, one centered around multiplayer and an offline story mode. In that way, it's close to Phantasy Star Portable. PSO2 is enjoyed by a lot of people, but there are still many gamers who are turned off by the idea of online games. So, as we continue our current pace of PSO2 updates, we're also launching a new series that people who aren't into online gaming can get their hands on."

"Unlike the online PSO2," added Nova producer Yasuyuki Tsuzuki, "you can enjoy this game in the form of ad-hoc multiplayer, or by yourself in the story mode. The control system itself is based on PSO2's, so I think PSO2 gamers should have no problem getting into it. For the most part, it's being fully developed by tri-Ace under the supervision of Sega's Phantasy Star team."

This is the first time Sega's entrusted development of a PS title to an outside outfit, and Hiroyuki Tamura, producer over at tri-Ace, is excited. "As a developer, our first need is to build a product that our client can feel confident with," he said. "Above that, we also need to create something that the gamers can be satisfied with. With PS Nova, we're dealing with not just the supervision team at Sega, but all the many series fans and also all the many people who haven't played the series before. It's really gratifying, and I feel like we need to build a game that not only is worth the Phantasy Star name, but also stands on its own as a brand-new RPG title."

Enforcer MKV
Sep 11, 2013, 10:09 PM
"Phantasy Star Online 2 is the flagship title of the Phantasy Star series," series producer Satoshi Sakai told Famitsu. "PS Nova, meanwhile, is a new Phantasy Star series, one centered around multiplayer and an offline story mode. In that way, it's close to Phantasy Star Portable. PSO2 is enjoyed by a lot of people, but there are still many gamers who are turned off by the idea of online games. So, as we continue our current pace of PSO2 updates, we're also launching a new series that people who aren't into online gaming can get their hands on."

"Unlike the online PSO2," added Nova producer Yasuyuki Tsuzuki, "you can enjoy this game in the form of ad-hoc multiplayer, or by yourself in the story mode. The control system itself is based on PSO2's, so I think PSO2 gamers should have no problem getting into it. For the most part, it's being fully developed by tri-Ace under the supervision of Sega's Phantasy Star team."

This is the first time Sega's entrusted development of a PS title to an outside outfit, and Hiroyuki Tamura, producer over at tri-Ace, is excited. "As a developer, our first need is to build a product that our client can feel confident with," he said. "Above that, we also need to create something that the gamers can be satisfied with. With PS Nova, we're dealing with not just the supervision team at Sega, but all the many series fans and also all the many people who haven't played the series before. It's really gratifying, and I feel like we need to build a game that not only is worth the Phantasy Star name, but also stands on its own as a brand-new RPG title."

Hm...I want to believe Tamura-dono's words are earnest, I really do. Here's hoping they do well.

*Frowns* I'm not very happy with how the 'flagship' game of the series is doing, though...

Link1275
Sep 11, 2013, 10:26 PM

So what does that make Alfa System?

Sandmind
Sep 11, 2013, 10:59 PM
Photons not working for ark's technology, huh? Casts are going to have fun relying on whatever alt energy they can get their hands on.

Mike
Sep 11, 2013, 11:10 PM
So what does that make Alfa System?
"Developement Cooperation."

doomdragon83
Sep 12, 2013, 12:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

supersonix9
Sep 12, 2013, 12:51 AM
i am excite yo

MetalDude
Sep 12, 2013, 12:52 AM
excite bike

ChaosAngel92
Sep 12, 2013, 09:31 AM
YES!
MOTOI SAKURABA!

YES!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! *dies*

Crysteon
Sep 12, 2013, 10:11 AM
Demn organs.

Shirai
Sep 12, 2013, 10:14 AM
Motoi Sakuraba
fuck yes, must get vita.

Cypher_9
Sep 12, 2013, 02:13 PM
Demn organs.

Organs you say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXuzSpstCb0

Imagine that with the mix of PS theme right!

supersonix9
Sep 12, 2013, 02:15 PM
all these rock themes sound exactly the same

Honestly Motoi's music isn't all that great to me. It's good, but not to the point where I'd get excited over it.

ye

Omega-z
Sep 12, 2013, 08:43 PM
Hmm, It sounds a lot like Baten Kaitos to me.

gigawuts
Sep 12, 2013, 09:16 PM
Organs you say...

(1-14) Star Ocean: The Last Hope Soundtrack - Blood on the Keys - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXuzSpstCb0)

Imagine that with the mix of PS theme right!

sounds like a whole lot of gratuitous noise to me, but eh

The Walrus
Sep 12, 2013, 09:20 PM
Hmm, It sounds a lot like Baten Kaitos to me.

It should since Sakuraba did the OST for that too.

Cypher_9
Sep 13, 2013, 07:45 AM
sounds like a whole lot of gratuitous noise to me, but eh

How about this one~ Last one I would post before I make this into a Star Ocean TLH OST thread

Wild Fight, No End in Sight
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzwYlF8IF-4[/SPOILER-BOX]

and

Brilliant Rose
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZFKsybhalE[/SPOILER-BOX]

~Aya~
Sep 13, 2013, 07:55 AM
Need more Noriyuki Iwadare who also worked with Motoi~

Fight! Normal Battle Encounter music~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jONfsUCAARE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jONfsUCAARE

Final Boss music~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p29MCpipZTI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p29MCpipZTI

it's pretty bad when you don't want to end the fight too quickly in order to hear more of the battle music... LOL~

Zenobia
Sep 13, 2013, 07:59 AM
I loved Gradia 2 FLYING TENSEIKEN!

They should play this for the Start Menu~

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oB0L3rH9Dc

Also this for Boss Music~

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQWzjY7KEaE

gigawuts
Sep 13, 2013, 08:37 AM
Just not my thing I guess. Maybe it feels more fitting when you're playing the actual game (since I haven't played any of those).

Railkune
Sep 13, 2013, 08:43 AM
I don't know. I personally like the music that they have going now. I'd prefer a closer Episode 1 & 2 feel to them, but what they have going now isn't bad at all. Rather, doesn't it seem like the music is getting better in PSO2? (Also, I do understand it's being made by Tri. Just throwing out my opinion.)

Alucard V
Sep 13, 2013, 08:50 AM
Beware the Pair.
He who presides over sin and judgment.
She who claims to be Queen.
For if these 2 are on Machia; Gigantes will be the least of are worries.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081031232215/starocean/images/thumb/2/23/Gabriel_Celesta.jpg/300px-Gabriel_Celesta.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081110192131/starocean/images/thumb/1/1d/Ethereal_Queen.jpg/300px-Ethereal_Queen.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDGiZmmxP2A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDGiZmmxP2A
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sp-24
Sep 13, 2013, 10:08 AM
Just not my thing I guess. Maybe it feels more fitting when you're playing the actual game (since I haven't played any of those).
Isn't that how it always is with videogame music? I have yet to hear an OST of a game I never played and be impressed by it, or for someone else to be blown away by the music from games I like and they haven't seen. I'm pretty sure that most of the time, videogame music is considered great by association.

For a PSOW-related example, the De Rol Le and Mines BGMs. Has anyone, ever, listened to those two without playing PSO beforehand and agreed with the fans that they are great?

gigawuts
Sep 13, 2013, 10:15 AM
Isn't that how it always is with videogame music? I have yet to hear an OST of a game I never played and be impressed by it, or for someone else to be blown away by the music from games I like and they haven't seen. I'm pretty sure that most of the time, videogame music is considered great by association.

For a PSOW-related example, the De Rol Le and Mines BGMs. Has anyone, ever, listened to those two without playing PSO beforehand and agreed with the fans that they are great?

I don't know anyone who's heard any PS music, or really any game music at all, before playing the game, so this is kind of a moot point to be making.

That said, a good theme will stand on its own. It complements the level or game equally. This is true of all good themes and levels (indeed, all good media full stop) - independently good, but even better in combination.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 13, 2013, 10:26 AM

Well, it's wasn't De Rol Le or Mines, but I listened to some of the music from PSO before ever playing it, and yes, I did think they were great... >_>;

Arkanoid
Sep 13, 2013, 10:28 AM
For the most part I find it harder to get into video game music without playing the game first, especially when it comes to associating music with an environment or a moment in the game. But some stuff is just really good and comes from games that are never gonna be in english, or even games that I hate like Lost Planet 2 - I really like that song that Zenobia just posted from it o.o

I think this song is pretty awesome without having to play the game, mostly because of the part at about 40 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltDU4vbOtrY

MetalDude
Sep 13, 2013, 10:43 AM
I don't know anyone who's heard any PS music, or really any game music at all, before playing the game, so this is kind of a moot point to be making.

That said, a good theme will stand on its own. It complements the level or game equally. This is true of all good themes and levels (indeed, all good media full stop) - independently good, but even better in combination.

Episode III's music is what got me into the game, personally. Probably the best music in the series.

As for Sakuraba, I like his drum work more than most of his actual melodies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFik-cXqLkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCslBMzgYXs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB__iGAZ1DU
Except for this. This is fucking amazing and I still believe he hasn't outdone his collaboration with Shinji Tamura on Phantasia. The whole soundtrack is the best in the series.

Railkune
Sep 13, 2013, 11:01 AM

I'm in an Rpg Maker group, and with that said, we make Rpg's. Now, we cannot make our own music due to lack of the talent to do such. So we end up using music from other video games to fit various situations that happen in our own games. Far over half the music we end up using is from games we've never even heard of until our hunt for music, and I can tell you, there is a massive community that does the exact same thing.

Zenobia
Sep 13, 2013, 09:18 PM
For the most part I find it harder to get into video game music without playing the game first, especially when it comes to associating music with an environment or a moment in the game. But some stuff is just really good and comes from games that are never gonna be in english, or even games that I hate like Lost Planet 2 - I really like that song that Zenobia just posted from it o.o

I think this song is pretty awesome without having to play the game, mostly because of the part at about 40 seconds:

Thunder Force VI - Gargoyle Perfect (Boss 1) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltDU4vbOtrY)

talk about memories I haven't heard this song in days......

lostinseganet
Sep 14, 2013, 12:51 AM
lolBy not being afraid to put down money for what you like. F2P does have its constraints.

Kondibon
Sep 14, 2013, 01:00 AM

I've never played PSO1 before and I love De Rol Le's theme. :P

EDIT: Just heard mines, Assuming the second version is some sort of battle variation I like that too. soyeah.

jooozek
Sep 14, 2013, 03:14 AM
By not being afraid to put down money for what you like. F2P does have its constraints.

that's why i ask, how can you compare a f2p dripfeed to a title that will be finished and polished on release or it will make them no money, with f2p they made the initial risk and seeing how a lot of pso2 is so unrefined i would say the budget while being higher than your average f2p mmo wasn't as big, that or they spent it all on crack and hookers, i mean, look at the level designs, they don't even design the maps, they let it all up to the random generator lel

Sparzyle
Sep 14, 2013, 04:11 AM
I don't know but all that music from the Star Ocean series sounded like Castlevania's BGM, very fast and much electric guitar, etc. Why they don't make instead a Motoi Sakuraba/Hideaki Kobayashi collaboration, you know, for a more sci-fi feeling (or at least to me) to the music.

Also I used to listen to PSOBB Ep4 Music before I played PSO (I previously played the PSU demo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ZlZROXNjo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coitxrHiDUU

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 14, 2013, 05:51 AM
that's why i ask, how can you compare a f2p dripfeed to a title that will be finished and polished on release or it will make them no money, with f2p they made the initial risk and seeing how a lot of pso2 is so unrefined i would say the budget while being higher than your average f2p mmo wasn't as big, that or they spent it all on crack and hookers, i mean, look at the level designs, they don't even design the maps, they let it all up to the random generator lel

Yes PSO 1 was finished product. Thats why there was version 2 on dc(btw they made you pay $10 a month to have all your shit dupped or have your character hacked), a gc and xbox version that added other things too them like not losing your weapon and meseta when you die(still $10 fee for a game released many years before these consoles were made), and BB which was ep 1,2, and 4 on pc....hmmm ya totally was a complete game at launch.

ShinMaruku
Sep 14, 2013, 04:09 PM
Never compare pso2's shit drip feed to other f2p games. Look at GW2 and other games.

Arkanoid
Sep 14, 2013, 04:19 PM
You have to buy GW2, and they drip feed some of the dullest content I've ever seen.

jooozek
Sep 14, 2013, 04:41 PM
Yes PSO 1 was finished product. Thats why there was version 2 on dc(btw they made you pay $10 a month to have all your shit dupped or have your character hacked), a gc and xbox version that added other things too them like not losing your weapon and meseta when you die(still $10 fee for a game released many years before these consoles were made), and BB which was ep 1,2, and 4 on pc....hmmm ya totally was a complete game at launch.

i like how you bring up segac fuck ups when it's not them making the game this time :-?

gigawuts
Sep 14, 2013, 04:52 PM
i like how you bring up segac fuck ups when it's not them making the game this time :-?

Shhh, no, don't correct him on anything. I learned a long time ago to not try to correct people like this. It means a better online experience for the rest of us when they don't show up.

Z-0
Sep 14, 2013, 05:40 PM
There's also a difference between expansions/revamps and dripfeeds.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 14, 2013, 10:47 PM

Well you bitch and moan about pso2 sucking and how Sega isn't perfect now when in the past they really weren't much better. Also Sega is supervising this game so if there's stuff they don't like they can just say so.

ShinMaruku
Sep 15, 2013, 01:26 AM
Sega does better overseeing things than making them. Sonic Team has been over worked and as too much yes men in it.

A outside team with good tech and good ideas will naturally do better than Sega's internal shit does. We only need to look at the psp titles

Xaelouse
Sep 15, 2013, 01:36 AM
Motoi Sakuraba is played out, but I'll never forget his work on shining force III

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 15, 2013, 05:41 AM
Sega does better overseeing things than making them. Sonic Team has been over worked and as too much yes men in it.

A outside team with good tech and good ideas will naturally do better than Sega's internal shit does. We only need to look at the psp titles

PSP1 sucked and PSP2's single player might have been good but the online was god awful.

Link1275
Sep 15, 2013, 10:47 AM
PSP1 sucked and PSP2's single player might have been good but the online was god awful.

That was due to neither Sony nor Sega caring about the hackers and piracy prevention, and was only on the western servers.

Mysterious-G
Sep 15, 2013, 10:51 AM

I swear some people can only pick on the bad things. PSP2 and PSP2i are probably the most polished and content-rich entries in the entire series. If Nova comes even close, we got one heck of a PS title to look forward to.

Not like I think the PSP titles are any indicator for the eventual quality of Nova.

NoiseHERO
Sep 15, 2013, 11:01 AM
Maybe it is too early for them to make an equivalent of whatever we'd call "Phantasy Star Portable 3"

PSP3
PSZ2
PSVita
Seperate Portable version of main game that's 500x better than actual game with 4 player online in general

Call me when that comes out. e_e

Mysterious-G
Sep 15, 2013, 11:06 AM
Shame Zero did so poorly even in Japan. The limited hardware actually made it a game pretty close to PSO in terms of how it played, imo. Not to mention it had my favorite level design in the whole series. The Makara Ruins were beautiful.

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 15, 2013, 06:00 PM
That was due to neither Sony nor Sega caring about the hackers and piracy prevention, and was only on the western servers. ya I all bs on that. We all know the JP version was the same way

I swear some people can only pick on the bad things. PSP2 and PSP2i are probably the most polished and content-rich entries in the entire series. If Nova comes even close, we got one heck of a PS title to look forward to.

Not like I think the PSP titles are any indicator for the eventual quality of Nova.

If you call vangaurd being able to do everything in the game polished then sure......I mean I don't hate the game but as a PS fan I was very disappointing

ShinMaruku
Sep 15, 2013, 09:19 PM

Online in this game is god awful too. :P

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 16, 2013, 03:45 AM
Online in this game is god awful too. :P

says a PSU fan that's cute

KitsyLove
Sep 16, 2013, 04:35 AM
I'm kinda looking forward to Nova. Especially since I'm a PS and SO fan. Just hope they will come to west, seeing that Tri-Ace is doing most work and Sega team is only supervising, I think it has a good chance coming over to the west. I think. I hope. Maybe hope too much? x'D

gigawuts
Sep 16, 2013, 09:04 AM

is the implication here that all pso fans think the online is fabulous? because I can disprove that pretty quickly

or were you just attacking him for his other interests?

ShinMaruku
Sep 16, 2013, 10:01 AM

I never even played psu. I only played PSO and the PSP series. :P

MetalDude
Sep 16, 2013, 10:27 AM
I still think the PS series as a whole has dumb online issues. PSO before BB made you lose items if your connection dropped without saving your game and dropping out during a quest during any version made it impossible to rejoin midway. PSO2 is a modern online game and for some dumb reason you still can't log back in and appear exactly where you were, instead opting to kick you out of the quest, throw you into a random block, and tell you to fuck off if you were doing AQs or XQs (or EQs on heavily populated days).

ShiroiRen
Sep 19, 2013, 12:31 PM
I'm kinda looking forward to Nova. Especially since I'm a PS and SO fan. Just hope they will come to west, seeing that Tri-Ace is doing most work and Sega team is only supervising, I think it has a good chance coming over to the west. I think. I hope. Maybe hope too much? x'D

^- This, also I expect they'll add stuff from it in PSO2 eventually; outfits and new style (perhaps the Ace of Braver at MK30+?) :blackcat:

Random Fun Fact of the day:
Phantasy Star is not PS without =
--Dark Falz :-?
--Newmans
--Rappies :rappy:
--Mags

_______
Well I also expect they'll randomly hand out a tiny prize to familiar PSO2 players who test it out, such as..... perhaps more grinders or something else cheesy? ^^;

sandylecuistot
Sep 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
It's like nobody even consider the fact that tri-Ace is actually making the game, not Sega (or at least, most of it).

What I don't understand is why we are seeing Over End of Elder Rebellion for exemple, in the trailers of the game.
"Photon arts" and "Technics" cannot be used so... :???:
I love tri-Ace and Sakuraba (especially when they are together), but seeing all these photon arts again disturb me as I don't wan't to play 2 PSO2 games...

I'm pretty sure de fighting balance and most of the game will be completely different, but what about this...

Arkanoid
Sep 20, 2013, 12:26 PM
"Shocking" news:

http://sega-addicts.murnaumusic.com/?p=41100

Sega: “No plans to release Phantasy Star Nova in the Western market”

ReaperTheAbsol
Sep 20, 2013, 01:50 PM
"Shocking" news:

"I felt a great disturbance in the Photons, as if thousands of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

I'm still interested in importing it if it proves to be worth having. It's another addition to my Vita library regardless.

Cyclon
Sep 20, 2013, 02:24 PM
"Shocking" news:

Well

That sucks.

gigawuts
Sep 20, 2013, 02:38 PM
Assuming it's actually decent and the enemies aren't just copypasted, I was going to import the JP version anyway. Why wait for the EN version? We didn't do that for PSO2.

NoiseHERO
Sep 20, 2013, 02:52 PM
Right even if you guys were promised an english version, you'd be waiting a year for it.

I'm realizing people are saying atlus is dead now though lol.

My assumed scenarios:

Atlus: we want the US to have persona 5 but...

SEGA: wtf is persona 5? we have something like that? It wouldn't sell in the US.

Zenobia
Sep 20, 2013, 02:57 PM
Assuming it's actually decent and the enemies aren't just copypasted, I was going to import the JP version anyway. Why wait for the EN version? We didn't do that for PSO2.

^PSO Nova meets MH? Gimmeh dat shits i'll play that shit into the ground.

gigawuts
Sep 20, 2013, 03:02 PM
What makes Monster Hunter good though? The unique and thought out enemies with varied attacks and behaviors, the feasible droprates, the tactical nature of breaking parts for specific drops and weakening the enemy, and the fact that it's basically 99.9% boss fights.

If they're really recycling content it's a far cry to say they'll actually do that. What the fuck are oodans doing on some previously undiscovered planet? Their work is cut out for them here.

Then again, it's not actually Sega doing it, so hey I dunno. I've never played Star Ocean so I have no idea what to expect. I just know if this game even approaches PSO2's emphasis on shit like PSE bursting erryday to kill thousands of trash mobs as soon as they spawn with 1 attack for .0001% droprates I'm not even buying it.

Zipzo
Sep 20, 2013, 03:07 PM
Well

That sucks.

What?

Like, no duh.

Anyone who actually even humored the thought that the game would get localized in the US is delusional.

Inazuma
Sep 20, 2013, 03:21 PM
Sega doesn't bring their RPGs to North America. If you like Sega RPGs, you should learn Japanese.

Cyclon
Sep 20, 2013, 03:31 PM
Anyone else?

Krimson
Sep 20, 2013, 03:49 PM
Tbh, (I'll prolly get hate for this) NA community couldn't handle pso2.
[Though nova's the subject I'll get to it]

You see in some blocks [mainly ship 2 b20] the porn pics and what not are spammed and well ppl in U.S. believe that nudity is bad [They're right, porn is wrong] especially if children get a hold of the game and see it.

So to avoid getting in any hot water with angry parents, sega (or whoever) would have to work out getting rid the picture display sys $$$ or ¥¥¥ to do that and then more funds to put out game in NA that might not sell enough to gain a profit.

[I'd much rather see them put the pso2/psnova on consoles in jp than see them in us and have no content at all or get the content slow then eventually get dropped.]

Those might not even be all of the reasons, maybe they hate Gaijins or whatever. -shrugs- Idc I've yet to get the ban hammer on pso2.

Nova while single player might not even be worth it cuz even if NA gets it, the game won't get as much support as jp will, personally I'm gonna go for import like I did pso2. :3

and if someone said this already sorry for repeating > , <

Nitro Vordex
Sep 20, 2013, 04:30 PM
You see in some blocks [mainly ship 2 b20] the porn pics and what not are spammed and well ppl in U.S. believe that nudity is bad [They're right, porn is wrong] especially if children get a hold of the game and see it.
Japan is the country that censors pubic hair. So maybe think about that one before you make statements. And who says younger audiences aren't already playing PSO2 in Japan?

So to avoid getting in any hot water with angry parents,Angry parents. Lol. Okay. There's a thing called ESRB. And word of mouth. If a parent can't make an informed decision on what their child plays, they should rethink their obligations as a parent.

Those might not even be all of the reasons, maybe they hate Gaijins or whatever. -shrugs-Mostly this.

gigawuts
Sep 20, 2013, 04:42 PM
Tbh, (I'll prolly get hate for this) NA community couldn't handle pso2.
[Though nova's the subject I'll get to it]

So to avoid getting in any hot water with angry parents, sega (or whoever) would have to work out getting rid the picture display sys $$$ or ¥¥¥ to do that and then more funds to put out game in NA that might not sell enough to gain a profit.

[I'd much rather see them put the pso2/psnova on consoles in jp than see them in us and have no content at all or get the content slow then eventually get dropped.]

Those might not even be all of the reasons, maybe they hate Gaijins or whatever. -shrugs- Idc I've yet to get the ban hammer on pso2.

Nova while single player might not even be worth it cuz even if NA gets it, the game won't get as much support as jp will, personally I'm gonna go for import like I did pso2. :3

and if someone said this already sorry for repeating > , <

you know PSU was a thing right

I'd say it was a tad bit more immature than b20 - and yes, I know exactly what I'm saying

Laxedrane
Sep 20, 2013, 09:37 PM
Then again, it's not actually Sega doing it, so hey I dunno. I've never played Star Ocean so I have no idea what to expect. I just know if this game even approaches PSO2's emphasis on shit like PSE bursting erryday to kill thousands of trash mobs as soon as they spawn with 1 attack for .0001% droprates I'm not even buying it.

Star oceans prefers to get it's players to play the game long with narcissistic levels of achievements that are for bragging rights or sometimes cosmetic rewards.

Not with cock teasing items or forcing you to grind beyond an acceptable level for an rpg.

Oh and by having you only able to use a certain amount of characters each play through.

Totori
Sep 20, 2013, 09:42 PM
"Shocking" news:

They aren't just gonna annouce if they were bringing it over anyways, look any ALMOST any company, remember ATLUS with Catherine, they denied it. They aren't gonna confirm anything untill it's time if they were even localizing it.

strikerhunter
Sep 21, 2013, 12:00 AM
"Shocking" news:

Why release it to the western market before it was even showcased to the Western Market along with PSO2 not even out in the Western Market?

Zipzo
Sep 21, 2013, 12:39 PM
They aren't just gonna annouce if they were bringing it over anyways, look any ALMOST any company, remember ATLUS with Catherine, they denied it. They aren't gonna confirm anything untill it's time if they were even localizing it.

They aren't going to announce it because it won't happen.

Arkanoid
Sep 21, 2013, 01:09 PM
I highly doubt this would come to America considering they didn't bring Infinity, Valkyria Chronicles 3, Yakuza 5, not to mention that PSO2 game which still isn't here and might as well never be. Other recent Tri-Ace games didn't come here like Frontier Gate and Beyond the Labyrinth, which were published by Konami, but in general we shouldn't expect the current trend of which Japanese RPGs make it here to change much - Final Fantasy, the 500th main Tales of series game, whatever crap NiS America decides to publish like yet another Neptunia game (weeaboos, get at me - i hear the newest one is not so terrible but uhhhh, yeah right), and thankfully whichever Falcom games Xseed is able to bring over. I can't really see this changing much and don't expect Nova to ever come out here.

Zipzo
Sep 21, 2013, 02:57 PM
http://climax.sega.jp/

ooooomg want to play

Arkanoid
Sep 21, 2013, 06:57 PM
http://climax.sega.jp/

ooooomg want to play

Anime characters I know nothing about vs Sega - the fighting game. In which the only thing they have shown is the anime characters I don't know about. Is Sega actually making this? I'm pretty sure they haven't made a 2D fighter since Eternal Champions on the Genesis, and that was made in America.

Sp-24
Sep 21, 2013, 07:26 PM
Anime characters I know nothing about vs Sega - the fighting game. In which the only thing they have shown is the anime characters I don't know about. Is Sega actually making this? I'm pretty sure they haven't made a 2D fighter since Eternal Champions on the Genesis, and that was made in America.
Something tells me that it isn't going to even try to compete with Guilty Gear. It's just some fanservice for anime watchers, with a slight chance of it being a competent fighting game on its own.

Besides, there's no chance whatsoever of it being released worldwide, so its quality doesn't matter anyway.

Zipzo
Sep 22, 2013, 08:34 AM

You've never heard of Sword Art Online?

You're drunk.

Zenobia
Oct 26, 2013, 12:32 AM
Ladies ladies by all means I dun mind wine and dining now~!

You're drunk.

He's the first I know of that doesn't know of SAO.

blazingsonic
Dec 20, 2013, 09:11 PM

You're drunk.

O_O That guy from Durarara?
That Badass Babe from Sword Art Online?
DANG IT.... SEGAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Sonic: You called?
No I was screaming the name of the company that hates the US market.
Sonic: But I'm here, and you know what? At least I you can have me fight Mega Man.
-_- Nintendo should buy you.
Sonic: I know right?

Yeah my little play here.

But in seriousness, Sega's screwing the US market has a weakening effect, They want to make a Monster Hunter game and not import it? Fine, Western players have like what? 3 Already? Monster Hunter is the biggest, Ragnarok Oddessy (Which even that is getting it's own Infinity like upgrade.) God Eater, Seriously Sega can announce and denounce all they want, Some company will remember the western PSO market and cash in Sega's abandon Cow? It worked for Family Guy.