PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

strikerhunter
Feb 14, 2014, 02:08 PM
How do I know what PB to get?

All of them just attack right? I know theres a zondeel one but I see most people have this floaty guy with a red sword.

Most of them attacks.

Melee ones are boosted by S-atk, Range ones boosted by R-atk, Tech are boosted by T-atk.

Each does it's own thing which makes it different from the other (ramming, homing missiles, kamamheheha beam, etc.)

Most people go with red sword guy (I think it was Ilios) because he basically attacks when you attack for a fix time rate unlike the others so his damage contribution can be higher or lower than the others.

Most other used one is the PP restore PB.

Sakuramei
Feb 14, 2014, 02:32 PM
Hiding units is cosmetic only (:

Yeah, I know :3 But I mean the petal effect it has--I'm curious if that hides as well or if it's just the giant rose that hides. And ended up getting one so actually got to test... not surprising it blocks the petal effect too, but kind of wish it didn't because I find the rose sticking out of your back really odd looking >>

And one other question now...

Was trading with a friend and for some reason, most of his trade slots had this like...red box in them/red slot block thing. Does anyone have any idea what that is or why he had it? X__x

Emp
Feb 14, 2014, 03:16 PM

All of them just attack right? I know theres a zondeel one but I see most people have this floaty guy with a red sword.

I suggest PB regen one called Ketos Proi. Providing the mpa, during a burst, or your party with a limited time high regen rate is better than using an attacking pb that does little dmg.

Yeah, I know :3 But I mean the petal effect it has--I'm curious if that hides as well or if it's just the giant rose that hides. And ended up getting one so actually got to test... not surprising it blocks the petal effect too, but kind of wish it didn't because I find the rose sticking out of your back really odd looking >>

And one other question now...

Was trading with a friend and for some reason, most of his trade slots had this like...red box in them/red slot block thing. Does anyone have any idea what that is or why he had it? X__x

Could be an untekked weapon that needs to be ID'd.

TakuBeardedOne
Feb 14, 2014, 03:40 PM
how can i clear "a valentine staple" ?? i was in atrocious ocean like 10 times and no cake shop :-(

GutsGO
Feb 14, 2014, 03:45 PM
how can i clear "a valentine staple" ?? i was in atrocious ocean like 10 times and no cake shop :-(

The Cake Sister's Shop is only in the Emergency Quest called 'Where's the Chocolate 2', so you will have to wait for that to pop up to clear that.

Takatsuki
Feb 14, 2014, 03:59 PM
Soma Quest, Area 1, is good for Visbolt.

Grab at least one friend and go run around the area.

Can it be an NPC?

Sandmind
Feb 14, 2014, 04:25 PM
The Cake Sister's Shop is only in the Emergency Quest called 'Where's the Chocolate 2', so you will have to wait for that to pop up to clear that.

False.

It's a rare random code, last time I got it outside of EQ was 2 days ago in SH 3rd seabed ark quest in the 2nd area, where I was hunting mob for a team order. I had heard one of the sister's voice, and decided to do their code.

Funny enough, since I was dashing around until I found them and ignoring the no-team order mob (almost everything), at one point, mobs stopped to spawn. I blame it on the map having to take care of vorpalian vs bird darker fight or something (I could be wrong). As a result, easiest (red) code protect I ever had.

Can it be an NPC?
Regarding visbolt code in Soma Ark Quest area1, I do it often enough for client order exp, but only rarely saw that code with 3 npc.

Macman
Feb 14, 2014, 05:52 PM
Anyone have that image comparing an extended Fire Arms to a 30 element Foia Rain?

MetalDude
Feb 14, 2014, 06:20 PM
I've done the COs required and I still can't get Rookie Dragonkin Ecological Survey to show up for whatever reason. I did Rookie Hunter for reference, but it shouldn't make a difference on which of the three I did.

Reiketsu
Feb 14, 2014, 06:31 PM
I've done the COs required and I still can't get Rookie Dragonkin Ecological Survey to show up for whatever reason. I did Rookie Hunter for reference, but it shouldn't make a difference on which of the three I did.

You did the Rookie Pebble Gathering and Rookie Defender COs? Apparently these two unlock the Ecological Survey.
Well, not 'apparently', I actually unlocked it just a few hours ago by completing those two.

MetalDude
Feb 14, 2014, 06:37 PM
Ohhh, didn't see mention of Pebble Gathering. I'll get right on that then.

Sakuramei
Feb 14, 2014, 06:56 PM
I suggest PB regen one called Ketos Proi. Providing the mpa, during a burst, or your party with a limited time high regen rate is better than using an attacking pb that does little dmg.

Could be an untekked weapon that needs to be ID'd.

Noo--no item showed up like that... More or less, part of the trade window looks like this:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2eds38h.jpg
I had it happen once for me and once for someone else while trading with them and no clue why there's these sudden red boxes.

MetalDude
Feb 14, 2014, 07:04 PM
Inventory space maybe?

Bellion
Feb 14, 2014, 07:08 PM
Yeah, it's basically a lack of inventory space.

HBK666
Feb 14, 2014, 09:11 PM
Does anybody know if the Iblis Blood daggers drop fps when switching weapons?

IndigoNovember
Feb 14, 2014, 09:13 PM
Anyone have that image comparing an extended Fire Arms to a 30 element Foia Rain?

[spoiler-box]http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/24502.png[/spoiler-box]
Can also be found here in case hotlinking doesn't work: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A9%E3%83%95%E3%83%88

DJcooltrainer
Feb 14, 2014, 09:17 PM
If I use a premium ticket while I already have premium, does it just add that many days to my expiration date?

WildarmsRE5
Feb 14, 2014, 11:54 PM

All of them just attack right? I know theres a zondeel one but I see most people have this floaty guy with a red sword.you might also consider Illios Imera, he does Sonic Arrow style slashes which is a pretty good mobbing tool and a pretty much decent damage.

TaigaUC
Feb 15, 2014, 12:09 AM
So, about critical hits... everyone calls them "blue numbers" and I swear I've seen screenshots where they were literally blue.
But on my screen, they're just "greyish-teal" and not very discernible from the white numbers.
What's the deal with that?

Also, a heads up:
If you set bots to do nothing (via the quick menu), they will still use heals and items now.
The last time I tried it, they didn't do anything at all.

The Knowing
Feb 15, 2014, 03:59 AM
i need to farm scarlet ores from tundra XQ for moar heart stones D:

i know floors 1-5 are the best, but i wanted to know roughly how many stones it is per run using a 250% booster

thanks in advance :D

darkepyonuk
Feb 15, 2014, 04:37 AM
Anyone got a link to a translation guide for pso2 on the ps vita?

suzaku0zero0
Feb 15, 2014, 07:02 AM
What exactly does Territory Burst do? which techniques does it make last longer? what is considered support techniques? please give examples

What is the most effective way to use wand? do you melee hit a monster then use tech attacks? What does accumulating wand gear do?

GoldenFalcon
Feb 15, 2014, 08:48 AM
What exactly does Territory Burst do? which techniques does it make last longer? what is considered support techniques? please give examples

What is the most effective way to use wand? do you melee hit a monster then use tech attacks? What does accumulating wand gear do?

Territory Burst makes the area of effect larger
This affects Resta, Anti, Shifta, Deband, Zanverse, Megiverse, Zondeel

Wand gear is accumulated from techs, and empowers strikes. Don't melee first lol

Takatsuki
Feb 15, 2014, 09:27 AM
What is the ticket that comes from the reverse valentines bingo?
トランプチェーン
That ^
Got a pic of it? My premium runs out in a few hours and I want to know whether to use it or store it.

Reiketsu
Feb 15, 2014, 09:46 AM
What is the ticket that comes from the reverse valentines bingo?
トランプチェーン
That ^
Got a pic of it? My premium runs out in a few hours and I want to know whether to use it or store it.

http://renge7777.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1211.html

Sakuramei
Feb 15, 2014, 10:23 AM
Where are the chat logs located? @-@ I've tried looking, but have only found the symbol art logs...

Reiketsu
Feb 15, 2014, 10:52 AM
Where are the chat logs located? @-@ I've tried looking, but have only found the symbol art logs...

There's a folder named "log" that contains chat logs, action logs and so forth.
It should actually be within the same folder as "symbolarts", "pictures", "temp" and "download".
So basically SEGA > PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 > log.
At least that's how it is for me.

SkylyVi
Feb 16, 2014, 01:55 AM
Hello, I too have come back after a break. Never got too far so I feel like the game is still totally new to me.

One of the biggest problems I have is direction, what the heck am I supposed to do? I'm guessing there is no "clear" place to level, and I should just pick any field that I have client orders? Basically how do I progress?

Secondly, any tips for lower classed people in terms of must have skills/weapons that are easy to pick up? I've found some of the 1stat Req weapons which are pretty cool, what about Units?

Right now im a level 23 Ranger and I just ran my first Coastal run. Should I be spamming that? And on Normal or Hard? Any Event missions I should look out for?

Thanks all!

.Jack
Feb 16, 2014, 02:06 AM
With the Photon Gatcha, free players cannot use this to transfer things to other players?

jooozek
Feb 16, 2014, 02:15 AM
Hello, I too have come back after a break. Never got too far so I feel like the game is still totally new to me.

One of the biggest problems I have is direction, what the heck am I supposed to do? I'm guessing there is no "clear" place to level, and I should just pick any field that I have client orders? Basically how do I progress?

Secondly, any tips for lower classed people in terms of must have skills/weapons that are easy to pick up? I've found some of the 1stat Req weapons which are pretty cool, what about Units?

Right now im a level 23 Ranger and I just ran my first Coastal run. Should I be spamming that? And on Normal or Hard? Any Event missions I should look out for?

Thanks all!

about levelling, right now do the limited quest that takes place on coast, it will get you loads of exp and there is plenty of players running it always, do it on hard in hard blocks

Sandmind
Feb 16, 2014, 02:23 AM

Thanks all!

Some ressource websites in case you need them:
PSO2 Bumped (http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/)
Cirnopedia (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/)
PSO2 jpn wiki (http://pso2.swiki.jp/) (just google translate it)

Well, right now, you might wanna work on unlocking your area and good repeatable npc's CO. And there is also the Coast Limited Quest until early march, you can usually find full mpa for those on the right block for your difficulty.

Skill wise, the build thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205010) might come in handy.

xxmadplayerxx
Feb 16, 2014, 02:30 AM
With the Photon Gatcha, free players cannot use this to transfer things to other players?

Hmm my friend who isn't prem can use my photon gatcha

.Jack
Feb 16, 2014, 02:38 AM
Hmm my friend who isn't prem can use my photon gatcha

Yes, anyone can play.

I tried to gift a gatcha(as premium user) into a freemium room and it would not let me. For that reason I was wondering if it's a premium thing that you can only drop and add ithings into it.

xxmadplayerxx
Feb 16, 2014, 02:47 AM
Yes, anyone can play.

I tried to gift a gatcha(as premium user) into a freemium room and it would not let me. For that reason I was wondering if it's a premium thing that you can only drop and add ithings into it.

Ah i see i am no longer prem anymore i could try to add things into it when i use a room pass but i doubt i could, just like the presents you can't drop them into people's room unless you're prem. I'll repost soon

xxmadplayerxx
Feb 16, 2014, 02:51 AM
Yes, anyone can play.

Nope can't add items to it now i get this msg:
プレミアムセット効果期間中でないため、
フォトガチャンに景品を追加することができません。

Google translated it to
Because it is not a premium set effective period,
It is not possible to add a premium to the photo slam.

omegasereon
Feb 16, 2014, 04:09 AM
No worries, gunner is r atk as well :P
Always +10 your gear, your choice to extend or not, it'll lose hidden bonuses

Sorry for late reply btw

Does hidden bonuses mean the entire bonus such as 90 r atk / pp? I bought the tian set with some nice affix and my r atk went up by 150ish but my defenses/hp went down a lot(-150ish each).

Chimeria
Feb 16, 2014, 07:04 AM
I'm thinking of going to ship 10 (from ship 2) How's the playerbase and economy there? Are things in the player stores just as expensive as they are on ship 2?

SkylyVi
Feb 16, 2014, 01:31 PM
Another question, Im having terrible inventory issues constantly hovering around 46-48/50 space.

I see alot of orange boxes which im assuming are quest items? Can you pick those up even if you dont have the quest? Should I toss these?

What are useless items that new people make the mistake of picking up?

Thanks!

Sandmind
Feb 16, 2014, 03:24 PM
@ SkylyVi: Are you using your storage to bank your extra stuff? You will learn over time what you want/need to keep. As for the yellow/gold/orange box, those are Client Order drop. If you're not carefull, sometime you pick extra that dropped before you picked the last one you needed and turning the CO in only consume the required amount. Your Support Partner will also bring back more than needed often, so you will need to do some cleaning (I recommend going in your CO list and take screenshot of all your active CO that require drop and them removing the ones not matching).

Does hidden bonuses mean the entire bonus such as 90 r atk / pp? I bought the tian set with some nice affix and my r atk went up by 150ish but my defenses/hp went down a lot(-150ish each).

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/unit_1.php#nav
Everything in the attribute, paramaters and properties column are lost (except set bonus, which stay the same as the vanilla version) and replaced with hp/pp amount that vary depending on chosen defense requiring type. Sdef is 30hp/1pp, Rdef is 20hp/2pp and Tdef is 10hp/3pp.

Kiyumi
Feb 16, 2014, 03:30 PM
Another question, Im having terrible inventory issues constantly hovering around 46-48/50 space.

I see alot of orange boxes which im assuming are quest items? Can you pick those up even if you dont have the quest? Should I toss these?

What are useless items that new people make the mistake of picking up?

Thanks!

If you are low level you should simply vendor (or feed to your mag) any weapons and units you find on the ground. The only ones you want to keep are ones that have 7stars or more. Client order drops that you turn in you may have extras of. If you need 20 yeti horns but you pick up 23, when you turn in your quest you will have 3 extra. Double check to see if the client order drops you have are for active orders, and if theyre already finished you can dump the rest.

Sandmind
Feb 16, 2014, 08:19 PM
I have a teammate who said is stuck in "screenshot mode" on pc version(1st time I heard of that). It only affect one of his character, and relogging didn't do anything to change that. It look like as if he pressed T, but his game only respond to zoom in/out and direct chat. It happened during Falz Arm EQ when he shouted in team chat that he had gotten lv50. We're all lost as to how to help him, seem he cannot even access his keyboard setting.

Edit: Nvm, it was story patch messing with Koffie that blocked him.

Emp
Feb 16, 2014, 08:52 PM
I'm thinking of going to ship 10 (from ship 2) How's the playerbase and economy there? Are things in the player stores just as expensive as they are on ship 2?

Shops are more expensive and its harder to sell stuff there than on ship 2. Very few actual good english teams. Most are either very small/inactive or consist of mainly whiney babies. Thats just my opinion, since I was on ship 10 for over 3000 hours, but its up to u if u wanna move.

suzaku0zero0
Feb 16, 2014, 10:05 PM
Which skill or which class enables you to add an additional elemental weakness on a monster?

I have seen some monsters with 3 elemental weakness when they should only have 2

Bellion
Feb 16, 2014, 10:06 PM
Uhhh....Infection points? Don't need a class or skill to see those.

Sandmind
Feb 16, 2014, 10:14 PM
Like Bellion said, mob/boss spawn randomly with an infection point, which take more damage. Well, TA mob never spawn infected, outside of 3 boss that are always infected.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 16, 2014, 10:35 PM
Anyone recall the exact date of AQ/XQ update? Was it march 20th?

WildarmsRE5
Feb 16, 2014, 11:01 PM
Which skill or which class enables you to add an additional elemental weakness on a monster?

I have seen some monsters with 3 elemental weakness when they should only have 2XQs bosses have this issue as well.

PokeminMaster
Feb 16, 2014, 11:07 PM

I have seen some monsters with 3 elemental weakness when they should only have 2

The only thing I can say is that you were probably targeting an infection point; they list Fire/Ice/Lightning as a weakness, although Wind/Light/Dark also get the same damage (I could be wrong, correct me if I am)

In Extreme Quests, though, there's also the fact that clearing the previous Stage's Stage Order causes all Resistances of that Stage (sometimes to elements) to become Weaknesses

Ezodagrom
Feb 16, 2014, 11:12 PM
Based on the scratch dates, it seems like it'll be on March 5.
The scratch afterwards is on March 26 (if I recall correctly), and it'll most likely be the update with the Attack on Titans collaboration (it was mentioned for late March, I think).

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 16, 2014, 11:13 PM
Based on the scratch dates, it seems like it'll be on March 5.
The scratch afterwards is on March 26, if I recall correctly, and it'll most likely be the update with the Attack on Titans collaboration (it was mentioned for late March, I think).

Thanks

XbikXBd
Feb 17, 2014, 01:12 AM

Yes that is right the 18th. remember after the march 5th update we get 2 week boosters so the 18th is about when we should get it.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 17, 2014, 02:59 AM
Anyone know how to finish MB8? I've run the Story Quest going left and then right, but it's still showing as "half complete". I went left without Echo and Zeno, then right without them. Do I need to go left with them? :/

Bellion
Feb 17, 2014, 03:26 AM
There should be a teleporter in the center where the path splits into left and right. You should bring them with you.

DialecticChaos
Feb 17, 2014, 03:31 AM
How do you obtain Lottie's Partner Card?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 17, 2014, 03:44 AM
There should be a teleporter in the center where the path splits into left and right. You should bring them with you.

Ahh, I had seen the teleporter but wasn't sure what it did. Thanks.

deahamlet
Feb 17, 2014, 03:58 AM
How do you obtain Lottie's Partner Card?

Complete 20 quests for her (at least I think it was 20). Even if it's the same quest x20.

Divulnigel
Feb 17, 2014, 08:33 AM
125/175 s-atk mag and the rest on ability vs 125/175 and nothing else ? talking about which one to equip till i fill the rest of the 125 only

Aussei
Feb 17, 2014, 11:05 AM
Curiosity, what ship is the most populated?

Chaosmatic
Feb 17, 2014, 11:25 AM
Is there a way to transfer AC between players at all?

Ezodagrom
Feb 17, 2014, 11:27 AM
Yes that is right the 18th. remember after the march 5th update we get 2 week boosters so the 18th is about when we should get it.
The boost week is 1 week, not 2. It goes from March 12 to March 19.
Usually updates are on the same day as new scratches, and the next scratch is in March 5, so, most likely the AQ/XQ update is on this day (unless they end up releasing only the white day EQ/lobby on this day, while leaving the AQs/XQs for later...)

darkepyonuk
Feb 17, 2014, 11:43 AM
For the vita players if theres any on here, which ship is the best to go on? I dont want tume wasters or hackers i want to be able to play the game without the divvys, ive imported a copy of pso2 on the vita but is there any hints nd tips i should know? Im a core pso/psp player and have followed the franchise for years but jus wanna know what to look out fir in the new installment

DJcooltrainer
Feb 17, 2014, 11:53 AM
For the vita players if theres any on here, which ship is the best to go on? I dont want tume wasters or hackers i want to be able to play the game without the divvys, ive imported a copy of pso2 on the vita but is there any hints nd tips i should know? Im a core pso/psp player and have followed the franchise for years but jus wanna know what to look out fir in the new installment

Ship 02 if you want to play with English speaking players, although Ship 08 has a decent community too. Not sure what blocks the English vita players generally hang out in, though.

casshernwins
Feb 17, 2014, 01:08 PM
I've been looking at guides, and what thing in common is, the abbreviations. There's been several abbreviations I don't understand, so would someone be able to create a new thread, titled, "Common PSO2 Abbreviations" or something?

So my question here is, is MPA, multiparty area? Thanks.

Ezodagrom
Feb 17, 2014, 01:32 PM
I've been looking at guides, and what thing in common is, the abbreviations. There's been several abbreviations I don't understand, so would someone be able to create a new thread, titled, "Common PSO2 Abbreviations" or something?

So my question here is, is MPA, multiparty area? Thanks.
Common abbreviations, let's see...
These are the ones I can remember right now.

MPA = multi party area
CO = client order
EQ = emergency quest
TA = time attack quest
TACO = client orders for the time attack quests (time attack client order)
N, H, VH, SH = difficulty modes, normal, hard, very hard, super hard
AQ = advance quest (a type of quest that requires lvl 45)
XQ = extreme quest (a type of quest that requires lvl 50)

BarbblerElf
Feb 17, 2014, 04:14 PM
So I'm on matter board 7.
I'm supposed to do "F-5 Clear a Story Quest 【Quest】 Things Entrusted to Dragons 【Chapter 6】 Act 2: The Truth Above the Sky" but I can't imagine how to get to "Act 2" of that run. I've scoured every inch of that map in the 9 runs I've replayed. Can anyone tell me what I have to do before or during the mission to be able to pass this node?

mharris10
Feb 17, 2014, 05:16 PM
How much more inventory space do you get from becoming a premium member?

MetalDude
Feb 17, 2014, 05:21 PM
An additional 300.

EDIT: What Rayden said, more specifically.

Rayden
Feb 17, 2014, 05:58 PM

None at all. You do get access to premium storage, however, which has 300 slots.

Pugas87
Feb 17, 2014, 06:06 PM

None at all. You do get access to premium storage, however, which has 300 slots.

You can purchase 50 extra inventory slots without being premium.

Shinamori
Feb 17, 2014, 06:24 PM
So I'm on matter board 7.
I'm supposed to do "F-5 Clear a Story Quest 【Quest】 Things Entrusted to Dragons 【Chapter 6】 Act 2: The Truth Above the Sky" but I can't imagine how to get to "Act 2" of that run. I've scoured every inch of that map in the 9 runs I've replayed. Can anyone tell me what I have to do before or during the mission to be able to pass this node?

When you do that quest again, there's like a jump back somewhere are the first 3 fish darkers.

casshernwins
Feb 17, 2014, 07:01 PM
Common abbreviations, let's see...
These are the ones I can remember right now.

MPA = multi party area
CO = client order
EQ = emergency quest
TA = time attack quest
TACO = client orders for the time attack quests (time attack client order)
N, H, VH, SH = difficulty modes, normal, hard, very hard, super hard
AQ = advance quest (a type of quest that requires lvl 45)
XQ = extreme quest (a type of quest that requires lvl 50)

Hey, thanks for clarifying! Sorry for probably asking a redundant question. I just wanted to be sure. But thanks again!

BarbblerElf
Feb 17, 2014, 07:22 PM
When you do that quest again, there's like a jump back somewhere are the first 3 fish darkers.

Thank you a lot! I was looking all over the place for a different way to go with no luck, now I can finally finish */*

Emp
Feb 17, 2014, 08:19 PM
An additional 300.

EDIT: What Rayden said, more specifically.

Please feel free to use Team storage for storing too. Thats if your team will allow to dump your shit into it. Also if you have excess room decor, please use the Room B option to dump all that stuff in there.

Sorry just giving you some options to save on storage space.

Kiyumi
Feb 17, 2014, 08:25 PM
Can I play gunner as a free player if I have a Satk mag?

Any way to get around not buying AC?

Emp
Feb 17, 2014, 08:28 PM

You can but you would have a lil bit less dmg than other gu's. You could try to make up in a crit build. I honestly dont know.

Ummm about AC... you could always try to participate in the contests that sometimes pop up on PSOW here. Or just hustle people.

Pugas87
Feb 17, 2014, 08:35 PM

You could make a new character on your account. You can make a new account and get two new characters. Each new character gets its own mag, but the mags cannot be transferred to other characters.

WildarmsRE5
Feb 17, 2014, 08:35 PM

Any way to get around not buying AC?sure you can, but your access to weapons will be limited. you'll have better selection with Gu/Ra If you drop points in Standing snipe and get R-ATK stats. with Gu/Hu, you'll have pretty much bad selection so without R-ATK mag, you ain't going Gu/Hu.

Kiyumi
Feb 17, 2014, 08:45 PM
sure you can, but your access to weapons will be limited. you'll have better selection with Gu/Ra If you drop points in Standing snipe and get R-ATK stats. with Gu/Hu, you'll have pretty much bad selection so without R-ATK mag, you ain't going Gu/Hu.

About how much Ratk would I lose?

Would I be able to equip guld millas?

Emp
Feb 17, 2014, 10:00 PM
I need some opinions on rifles. I'm gonna be working on capping my RANGE again so looking for cost efficiency as well.

I'm gonna be spamming Diffuse shell like an open noon so either... Dion Schwab or that Steam rifle?

If I save up(I have 23.4 m, had 33m before doin new tech units and heretic tails) for A rack Cylinder, would just using elder falz 10* pyro rifles be efficient to 50 the element? I can always buy extra rifle mats if needed.

Chimeria
Feb 17, 2014, 10:09 PM
I just bought a whole bunch of AC and I'm looking to change my CAST's armore color. But after doing some searching around, alot of people are saying that they can only be altered by a recolor ticket. So will a Makeover Ticket not work? I need to know before I buy one.

And if not, what's the easiest way to get a Rappy Suit?

Thanks in advance.

Sandmind
Feb 17, 2014, 10:13 PM

I'm trying to remember, but doesn't current extension for 7-9* weapon asking for 500 ish Ratk?

Jpn Swiki crafting page (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3F%25E3%2582%25AF%25E3%2583%25A9%25E3%25 83%2595%25E3%2583%2588%252F%25E6%25AD%25A6%25E8%25 A3%2585%25E3%2582%25A8%25E3%2582%25AF%25E3%2582%25 B9%25E3%2583%2586%25E3%2583%25B3%25E3%2583%2589%25 E3%2583%25AC%25E3%2582%25B7%25E3%2583%2594&usg=ALkJrhhEM23rH1pnIFRvamGeZ_iEhQvdUA)

Ah, yes indeed. With a crafted yasminkow 2k, potential fully unlocked and a crit build (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06eIbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI nqnGKJ7JiGA000007b000009b000000jdBbqHS5FIpfGAhnrC0 000ib000000lb0000000Ib000008) as suggested previously, it should work for decent result. You could even re-final extend until you get HU or choose to invest in the HU able AC scratch item.

Edit: Guild Milla require 600 Ratk ... which can easily be reached depending on race/gender at lv cap from the look of the posted build. Worse case, move around some SP from atk pp restore to Ratk up 2.

final_attack
Feb 17, 2014, 10:58 PM
Um, anyone got the recipe of crafted :

Ra-Megid (Attack power one)

and craft it for me? I'll be sending request to you :3 Ship 2 btw.

pm me here or in-game ^^ thank you ^^

strikerhunter
Feb 17, 2014, 11:04 PM
About how much Ratk would I lose?

Would I be able to equip guld millas?

Guld Milla requires 600 R-atk, For Gu/Hu by default with no R-atk from mag you won't be able to equip it. So overall with you are missing 175 R-atk (pure build) to 100+ R-atk (rest is Dex). Without an R-atk Mag, your best choice is Yas9k as a Gu/Hu unless you invest into +R-atk in the skill tree but that will hinder your damage.

Note that even my Gu/Hu caseal couldn't equip GMs (racial bonus didn't help which counters the post above me) when having a 0-R-atk (boot legged mag which came from Te/Hu build). (but now I got new mag though)

I just bought a whole bunch of AC and I'm looking to change my CAST's armore color. But after doing some searching around, alot of people are saying that they can only be altered by a recolor ticket. So will a Makeover Ticket not work? I need to know before I buy one.

And if not, what's the easiest way to get a Rappy Suit?

Thanks in advance.

You can buy rappy suits from player shops, yellow rappy suits are the cheapest on ship 02 right now going for around 300-500k each.

makeover ticket =/= color change because color change applies to all outfits except all race and uni-sex outfits.

Once you get either 8 AC items or a rappy suit of any color, go over to the recycle shop and trade it in for a recolor ticket. (first two options on the list)

Rayden
Feb 17, 2014, 11:19 PM
Guld Milla requires 600 R-atk, For Gu/Hu by default with no R-atk from mag you won't be able to equip it. So overall with you are missing 175 R-atk (pure build) to 100+ R-atk (rest is Dex). Without an R-atk Mag, your best choice is Yas9k as a Gu/Hu unless you invest into +R-atk in the skill tree but that will hinder your damage.

This isn't really true. Maxing R-ATK Up 2 is a pretty standard thing to do, since there's nothing else to spend the points on, and this means any race/gender Gunner/Hunter will have over 600 R-ATK at level 65.

This build would work fine: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06eIbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0jeb IoqnGKsN6JiGA000007b000009b000000lb2QJ2cFInfGAgBbp 0000ib000000lb0000000Ib000008

WildarmsRE5
Feb 18, 2014, 12:38 AM
This isn't really true. Maxing R-ATK Up 2 is a pretty standard thing to do, since there's nothing else to spend the points on, and this means any race/gender Gunner/Hunter will have over 600 R-ATK at level 65.

This build would work fine: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06eIbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0jeb IoqnGKsN6JiGA000007b000009b000000lb2QJ2cFInfGAgBbp 0000ib000000lb0000000Ib000008it's too bad that I can't see the skill build right now but. . . Gu needs more SP actually, 75 isn't enough.

on my tree, I don't have R-ATK maxed. I was wondering how this has maxed. (actually, why did you even get R-ATK?)

I get the feeling the missing skill here is perfect keeper.

HiOc
Feb 18, 2014, 12:42 AM
Two questions:

- Would T-ATK or S-ATK be the better option for a Te/Hu?

- What did they do to PSEs, they seem so lackluster now. (I haven't played in over a year.)

Ratazana
Feb 18, 2014, 12:50 AM
it's too bad that I can't see the skill build right now but. . . Gu needs more SP actually, 75 isn't enough.

on my tree, I don't have R-ATK maxed. I was wondering how this has maxed. (actually, why did you even get R-ATK?)

I get the feeling the missing skill here is perfect keeper.

You get 5 free points. R-ATK2 needs 5 pt as prereq so people just max it. You keep perfect keeper. You only need 1 pt in chain trigger and get step tree on hu.

g361656110
Feb 18, 2014, 01:21 AM
what is a good amount of HP/PP to have as BR/HU 65/65, gonna get some tickets due to the success rate up event in March, and I want to know how many tickets to get.

strikerhunter
Feb 18, 2014, 01:23 AM
what is a good amount of HP/PP to have as BR/HU 65/65, gonna get some tickets due to the success rate up event in March, and I want to know how many tickets to get.

around 125 PP is decent, anymore is neato.

HP...........my Br/Hu has 771 (when playing with agito Hu/Br 800 something) so I guess 750+ is decent enough (I'm playing with automated halfline so I don't give a sh*t bout HP)

VKhaun
Feb 18, 2014, 01:25 AM
I typed /invite <name> to try and invite a friend. His name just posted to chat, and it put a thing under my name that says "Recruiting Party Members".

How do I get rid of this?

g361656110
Feb 18, 2014, 01:37 AM
Oh wow, I was just planning to get one stamina ticket and one pp since I got a stamina boost on a piece already...With the pp ticket I will have ~ 129 pp, guess I'm good then..

I'm also wondering if you'd know the effects of extending...From what I see on the swiki, it looks absolute cancer on 7* and up...Since it rewrites the hidden dex or something...But after trying an extended legzaga(delicious immediate strike), it doesn't seem so bad...Or is it because I have ~25% of my attack's dex?

GoldenFalcon
Feb 18, 2014, 01:39 AM
I'm also wondering if you'd know the effects of extending...From what I see on the swiki, it looks absolute cancer on 7* and up...Since it rewrites the hidden dex or something...But after trying an extended legzaga(delicious immediate strike), it doesn't seem so bad...Or is it because I have ~25% of my attack's dex?

You compare your dex to the weapon, not your total attack

VKhaun
Feb 18, 2014, 01:41 AM
I typed /invite <name> to try and invite a friend. His name just posted to chat, and it put a thing under my name that says "Recruiting Party Members".

How do I get rid of this?

My Data -> Quick Menu -> Change Online Status

g361656110
Feb 18, 2014, 01:49 AM
Ah..So around what percent of my attack, should I have in dex to make the extending "penalties" negligible?

g361656110
Feb 18, 2014, 01:51 AM
Ah..So around what percent of my attack, should I have in dex to make the extending "penalties" negligible?

Sorry, meant to say weapon's attack instead of attack

TaigaUC
Feb 18, 2014, 02:30 AM
How much better is Weak Stance than Average Stance for Fo/Br?

Z-0
Feb 18, 2014, 02:40 AM
10-20% better, depending on the build you take.

There's no point to playing FoBr if you're not going to take advantage of Weak Stance, you're better playing FoFi in that case.

IndigoNovember
Feb 18, 2014, 02:44 AM
So I've been hunting Fjorgalla for Flame Bullet 16 every rare enemy day and haven't seen a single one in area 2 of Org Blan Suppression. Should I go do Extreme Quests instead or keep on trying that Arks Quest?

larthejust
Feb 18, 2014, 02:49 AM
Sorry if this has been asked, but I am not sure where to find naura's cake shop for "A Valentine's Staple" quest. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

MetalDude
Feb 18, 2014, 02:51 AM
So I've been hunting Fjorgalla for Flame Bullet 16 every rare enemy day and haven't seen a single one in area 2 of Org Blan Suppression. Should I go do Extreme Quests instead or keep on trying that Arks Quest?
I don't even think you could get a disc drop there, let alone a Lv. 16 one as the enemy needs to be 61+ to drop that.

It's a painfully frustrating hunt that got pretty much no better in the LQ, so it's just something you'll have to chalk up to sheer luck to drop.

strikerhunter
Feb 18, 2014, 03:11 AM
Sorry if this has been asked, but I am not sure where to find naura's cake shop for "A Valentine's Staple" quest. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

2nd area, entrance to 2nd area is the left top corner of the 1st map. Once in 2nd area go to your left at the end.

darkepyonuk
Feb 18, 2014, 08:33 AM
Whats the current level cap?

Ezodagrom
Feb 18, 2014, 08:37 AM
Whats the current level cap?
Lvl 65.

darkepyonuk
Feb 18, 2014, 08:39 AM
Lvl 65.

Awh thats a bit dissapointing tbf, i loved grinding to level 200 on psp2, only other question i have for moment is that ive heard that pso2 is cross platform play as in pc players play with vita players and vice-versa, is this right isi?

gigawuts
Feb 18, 2014, 08:56 AM
Awh thats a bit dissapointing tbf, i loved grinding to level 200 on psp2, only other question i have for moment is that ive heard that pso2 is cross platform play as in pc players play with vita players and vice-versa, is this right isi?

This is correct. There are PC-exclusive blocks, shared blocks, and Vita-exclusive blocks. Vita blocks & shared blocks have slightly different enemy spawn behaviors (fewer at a time, but more respawn to even it out). Bursts also last longer (all burst timers are an additional 1 minute & 30 seconds instead of just 1 minute) to make up for the fewer enemies on-screen at one time.

TaigaUC
Feb 18, 2014, 11:01 AM
10-20% better, depending on the build you take.

There's no point to playing FoBr if you're not going to take advantage of Weak Stance, you're better playing FoFi in that case.

Thanks.
I asked because I've been messing around with Te/Br and it's pretty fun in groups.
Territory Burst, support techs, Zondeel, SaZan, Wand Lovers and Shunka Shunran.
But it felt like Wand and Katana potentially lose a lot of damage because of Weak Stance.

The character is primarily a caster, and Te/Br is just for fun. I heard FoBr was good with Weak Stance so that seemed like a higher priority.
I only have one tree for each class on that character, so I'm trying to find a nice balance in skills without having to keep resetting.

darkepyonuk
Feb 18, 2014, 12:11 PM
Iv just made a registration to sega for an id, it took me about an hour and by the end of it i felt like i should be a workd war 2 code deciferer, anyway as i did it in my vita i followes the instructions set out by a site on my phone and there where some pieces missing from what i saw to what was said in the guide, i have had 2 emaiks since from pso2admin and sega_id are these email the activation confirmation emails?

SkylyVi
Feb 18, 2014, 02:45 PM
Hello all, what are the good PAs for ranger and gunner? And any tips on how to effectively aim the skills better? I seem to miss on gunner.

Thanks!

Natsuma
Feb 18, 2014, 03:24 PM
Hello there!
I updated my game after a 5-6 month pause, I heard there was a new level: Seabed.
My game is running fine and I'm discovering new things, but I'm unable to find this Seabed level...
No new quest appeared with Koffee and I don't have anything new available at the quest counter.

I'm level 57.

Any idea about how to unlock Seabed?

Thanks!

Kiyumi
Feb 18, 2014, 04:26 PM
Hello there!
I updated my game after a 5-6 month pause, I heard there was a new level: Seabed.
My game is running fine and I'm discovering new things, but I'm unable to find this Seabed level...
No new quest appeared with Koffee and I don't have anything new available at the quest counter.

I'm level 57.

Any idea about how to unlock Seabed?

Thanks!

You have to complete all the Arks Quests in the other areas as new areas are unlocked by completing old ones. I think Quarry is the area before Seabed.

Hello all, what are the good PAs for ranger and gunner? And any tips on how to effectively aim the skills better? I seem to miss on gunner.

Thanks!

I also could use this advice.

MetalDude
Feb 18, 2014, 04:27 PM

Thanks!

For RA,
Rifles:
-Sneak Shooter (Lv. 16 preferred) - Mid-ranged shot that's great for setting up Standing Snipe. A relevant example would be manual aim sniping Chrome Dragon's wings (if he has them) or target aim sniping him in the face. Not particularly effective against mobile targets so try to pick this out when you want to hit broad areas (or targets that Diffuse struggles with).
-Diffuse Shell (Lv. 16) - Good for moving in with after setting up Standing Snipe, works really well with Zero Effort rifles. Forces knockdown and the hitbox is out for a while making it easy to hit multiple targets while moving. Diffuse seems to have issues with hitting the desired target if a boss has multiple parts cluttered together (like Banther's face, Cater's tail, or Vol's horn) so try to pick out appropriate bosses to use this one.
-Homing Emission (Lv. 11+) - Not used as you would expect it to be used. When you want to hit a single exposed target for a lot of damage, spin around with this PA active to lock onto a lot of targets and then unleash the shot onto the desired target for tons of damage. Very difficult to use on small targets, recommended for fights like Falz Arms or Ragne with an easy-to-hit weak point. Works great with Zero Effort rifles as well.
-Impact Slider (Lv. 16) - RA's long range, distance closing PA. Astoundingly accurate (the shots almost instantly hit the target, if not instantly) granting you a powerful method of attack at a distance that allows you to close to gap and use something like Diffuse Shell or Homing Emission to follow up. Great for precise targets so use it if you feel Sneak won't get the job done (or as much as possible, if you're at the right range; it does hit REALLY hard).

Launchers:
-Divine Launcher - Long(er)-ranged shot that works best manual aiming it at the ground in front of targets for almost guaranteed headshots (depends on the enemy). Good if you feel Cluster Bullet is out of the question and Rodeo Drive won't cover enough.
-Cluster Bullet (Lv. 11+) - While somewhat obsolete because of the way Super Hard enemies behave, Cluster is still fantastic at hitting weakpoints for lots of damage at mid-range. It has a very limited scope of range that takes practice to work with, but always look for opportunities to hit with it. Manual aim is useful if you want to aim the shot past an undesirable target.
-Rodeo Drive (Lv. 11+) - Fantastic mobile PA that allows you to smash through crowds for high damage. Rodeo can cover close to mid-range enemies if you can line it up well and it headshots very handily. If neither of the above two seem viable, Rodeo is almost always a good option.
-Crazy Smash (Lv. 16 preferred) - A rather unique PA that hits pretty hard at 16 and comes with a distinguishing trait: it can knock away 99% of regular enemies that are otherwise immune to knockdown (minus Malmoths, fuckers). Otherwise unstoppable Cyclonedas that would usually harass your party can be put to a stop with a good Crazy Smash.
-Flame Bullet (Lv. 16) - I would comment on this PA more, but I don't actually have 16 yet. Very easy to set up Standing Snipe with and lasts for quite a while as long as you hold the button down. Manual aim is very much preferred for this move for headshots. Probably good to use in SH where enemies are constantly running up to you.
-Cluster Bullet - For that rare Code Rescue, this seems like the best option for dishing out lots of hits to Funji. I could be wrong on this, but it seems pretty effective. Don't bother using this much otherwise.

Gunslash:
-Additional Bullet (Lv. 11+) - RA's absolute highest coverage PA. Hits in a sort of small, but long rectangular range and near-guaranteed headshots targets for solid damage. If you're soloing or in a 4-man party, this is probably your go-to option if you don't think you can set up a Launcher PA. If you time the JA just after using AB once, you can get Standing Snipe bonus for it.
-Aiming Shot (Lv. 16) - A long-range charged PA that helps fill in the gap for RA's toolkit. Manual aim is largely preferred for using this as it is most useful for hitting targets that most of the regular RA toolkit will struggle to hit consistently (like Rockbear's face).
-Thrillersplode (Lv. 16 preferred) - A close-range PA that requires a bit of experimentation. I've commonly seen this used to craftily hit Gu/Ga Wondas on the backside by manipulating the detonated cartridge behind it (even though you're using the PA directly in front of it). Not typically used for general mobbing though as Additional will usually be more efficient.

Sad as it is, yes, Ranger is very dependent on Lv. 16 PAs to make things work out (not that they were bad before, but Super Hard definitely exposed some weaknesses in them). But when you do have them, it really does make an awesome difference in your playstyle. RA's become my favorite just for how varied their toolkit is. You have to work for your damage, but damn do you hit like a truck when you do it right.

As for manual aiming, I left some tips on individual PAs but it does come down to what you want to accomplish with them. Divine Launcher is generally desired for use during manual, while Cluster works well with both auto and manual. Aiming Shot is almost explicitly manual because of what it's used for (easy targeting of non-targetable weakspots). Almost all rifle PAs work fine with auto/lock, but there's rare occasions to use manual.

MetalDude
Feb 18, 2014, 04:37 PM
For GU,
-Infinite Fire - Your go-to PA for many different purposes, most commonly moving in on your target, mob or boss. Its mobility makes it very easy to get in Zero Range for bonus damage and GU's with GM are virtually invincible while using this PA. Do note that moving while using this (or almost any ranged PA for that matter) does give you reticule bloom, reducing the accuracy of your shots so either move in more or stand still.
-Heel Stab - A solid, charged PA for mobbing purposes. Has rather odd line-of-sight behaviors that seem to be dependent on how close a target is to you relative to others (it doesn't seem to hit targets behind the one closest to you). It's best used to try to hit a cone of enemies curved out in front of you, and you can even turn during it as well so try to set it up so you can spray from left to right and hit lots of targets with it. The two heel stabs also hit pretty hard as well so make use of them if appropriate. Also, it seems to suffer from an oddity that prevents Fury Combo Up if you jump and release it so keep that in mind if you're GU/HU.
-Messiah Time - Your ultimate bossing tool, used to close in on an exposed weak point and deal tons of damage to it. But don't underestimate its ability to destroy mobs either. Messiah's shots pierce targets so you can dive into a cluster with its invincibility (only during the shooting phases) and hit them all for great damage if they're all clustered up (usually by Force Zondeel). If you're struggling to set this move up properly, the best way to gauge the right distance is to run up to your target, flip backwards from it and then move in with Messiah Time.
-Elder Rebellion - While never used as much compared to its pre-S Roll JA days, Elder still possesses high precision and long-range making it viable for safer damage dealing (and it's not a half bad Chain Finisher too if you don't think you can move in). Combined with charged Aerial Shooting, you can put yourself in a very safe position to snipe with this PA.

If I missed anything else crucially important, feel free to say so.

Takatsuki
Feb 18, 2014, 04:50 PM
What do you have to do to get Zeig to give you the pack of crafting materials? My friend recently started the game and crafted weapons would help him a lot.

Also, what are the equip requirements for a crafted 1* Katana and Bow?

Miles064
Feb 18, 2014, 05:20 PM
How do you hit anything with messiah time? I have to roll to buff the damage but even if i lock on and roll to the side im still out of range for most of the pa. The only time ive really used it is on range after all of her legs are broken, but even then the first part doesnt hit much.

darkepyonuk
Feb 18, 2014, 05:28 PM
What do you have to do to get Zeig to give you the pack of crafting materials? My friend recently started the game and crafted weapons would help him a lot.

Also, what are the equip requirements for a crafted 1* Katana and Bow?

I would also like to know this as im starting pso2 next week when it arrives and this seems like a goid thing to know

GoldenFalcon
Feb 18, 2014, 05:32 PM
I would also like to know this as im starting pso2 next week when it arrives and this seems like a goid thing to know

300 dexterity, the braver's "main" stat

This is actually really hard to achieve, compared to 300 striking attack

MetalDude
Feb 18, 2014, 05:32 PM
How do you hit anything with messiah time? I have to roll to buff the damage but even if i lock on and roll to the side im still out of range for most of the pa. The only time ive really used it is on range after all of her legs are broken, but even then the first part doesnt hit much.
It's generally for hitting stationary weakpoints or clustered enemies only. Walk up to the target so that you're practically touching it, then flip away and start Messiah Time.

Drifting Fable
Feb 18, 2014, 05:33 PM
I have 1260 crimson fragments left to collect to afford my last unit piece from Forest XQs

Would it be more beneficial to look for stone farming parties on a 50% boost day or go for the full runs? I'm not interested in the catalysts or the XQ stone weapons but that's what most people want to do when it comes to Forest. Hence, I ponder if its worth my while to just buck up and go with those kinds of parties.

Z-0
Feb 18, 2014, 05:47 PM
You should always be running 31-35 (preferably on a rare drop boost day) for fragments.

You'll get like 80~99 each time with proper boosts.

RagolianHunter
Feb 18, 2014, 06:05 PM
error 249?

SkylyVi
Feb 18, 2014, 06:05 PM
awesome, thank you MetalDude :)

RagolianHunter
Feb 18, 2014, 06:09 PM
ohh is maint. gimps messin with ma/schedule..:(

Takatsuki
Feb 18, 2014, 06:12 PM
300 dexterity, the braver's "main" stat

This is actually really hard to achieve, compared to 300 striking attack

Wait, what? Are you sure?

Edit: Oh you were talking about the equip requirements. I still need to know how to get the free materials.

GoldenFalcon
Feb 18, 2014, 07:07 PM
Edit: Oh you were talking about the equip requirements. I still need to know how to get the free materials.

Oh right, that

Need to advance far enough in Arks Road, which mostly requires doing the tutorial-esque client orders

VKhaun
Feb 18, 2014, 07:11 PM
How do you change a cast's head?

I'm browsing during the maintenance (has it been said how long that will be? still looking around the thread/forums for a place to learn about down time) and I see a fashion thread where casts have different heads. I've never found a head, there's no head section on the market, and I have no head option in the Beauty Salon?

Globby
Feb 18, 2014, 07:20 PM
So, 've done a search, and haven't found an exact answer.

What is the current scheduled maintenance times. So far I've discerned it is either Tuesday or Wednesday, (leaning towards Tuesday as one post said tuesday, usually back up by 3 EST but does not list AM or PM, but most of the search results are posted on wednesdays 2/5, 2/12, which leaves 2/19, of which would technically be wednesday in japan, tuesday in the states.)

thanks.

Dont mind me, i'm going to facepalm... just looked at the question above me... 9 minutes earlier than me "I'm browsing during the maintenance" herpderp.

VKhaun, thanks for being a psychic and answering my question before i actually asked it!

Takatsuki
Feb 18, 2014, 07:29 PM
Oh right, that

Need to advance far enough in Arks Road, which mostly requires doing the tutorial-esque client orders

Right... I know that... I'm asking how far one has to be in Arks Road to get them...

Emp
Feb 18, 2014, 07:31 PM
How do you change a cast's head?

I'm browsing during the maintenance (has it been said how long that will be? still looking around the thread/forums for a place to learn about down time) and I see a fashion thread where casts have different heads. I've never found a head, there's no head section on the market, and I have no head option in the Beauty Salon?

So, 've done a search, and haven't found an exact answer.

What is the current scheduled maintenance times. So far I've discerned it is either Tuesday or Wednesday, (leaning towards Tuesday as one post said tuesday, usually back up by 3 EST but does not list AM or PM, but most of the search results are posted on wednesdays 2/5, 2/12, which leaves 2/19, of which would technically be wednesday in japan, tuesday in the states.)

thanks.

All you gotta do is look on Bumped (http://bumped.org/psublog/) >.<

Globby
Feb 18, 2014, 07:34 PM

Thanks for the link, bookmarked, and while you were answering, i edited my post indirectly apologizing for my lack of reading the post above mine which clearly answered my question.

GoldenFalcon
Feb 18, 2014, 07:37 PM
Right... I know that... I'm asking how far one has to be in Arks Road to get them...

Seemingly once you unlock the Volcano area

VKhaun
Feb 18, 2014, 08:07 PM

Derp.

Not only did I bookmark it, but I looked over my PSO2JP bookmarks and I have that site in there like six times... I even have multiple bookmarks on the same page with different hashes like #grinditem and #elements lol.

What about swapping a male Cast's head?

EDIT---
Do they always take the full down time or could they come up early? - I work nights. I'll actually be up until seven or eight AM EST, but I'd like to get on earlier if possible. Will keep checking.

strikerhunter
Feb 18, 2014, 09:14 PM

EDIT---
Do they always take the full down time or could they come up early? - I work nights. I'll actually be up until seven or eight AM EST, but I'd like to get on earlier if possible. Will keep checking.

For cast heads, you change cast heads at the salon when changing face.

Servers are normally brought up an hour early than the regular schedule maintenance but in some cases full time.

deahamlet
Feb 18, 2014, 10:11 PM
Derp.

Not only did I bookmark it, but I looked over my PSO2JP bookmarks and I have that site in there like six times... I even have multiple bookmarks on the same page with different hashes like #grinditem and #elements lol.

EDIT---

Think of cast heads as hair. It's tickets, basically. Cirnopedia and JP wiki will list all the tickets so you can see kind of what it looks like. I say kind of because just like hair it may end up looking ultra-stupid on your character. Good luck! (Also head parts appear at the beginning of hair listing in the makeup counter)

Just in case you don't know where the makeup counter is (or whatever it's called)... Go to shop area, stare at the stairs, take the right side and there is the counter! Costs nothing to change hair/head parts but changing color of hair/head parts costs real money.

strikerhunter
Feb 18, 2014, 10:16 PM
Think of cast heads as hair. It's tickets, basically. Cirnopedia and JP wiki will list all the tickets so you can see kind of what it looks like. I say kind of because just like hair it may end up looking ultra-stupid on your character. Good luck! (Also head parts appear at the beginning of hair listing in the makeup counter)

Just in case you don't know where the makeup counter is (or whatever it's called)... Go to shop area, stare at the stairs, take the right side and there is the counter! Costs nothing to change hair/head parts but changing color of hair/head parts costs real money.

Actually your info is 50% false because of use cast since casts are males and caseal are their female counterpart. (he asked for males and what you kinda said refers to females aka caseals)

As I stated above you: Cast head (casts are males) are head/facial changes whereas caseals (female counterpart of casts) only have 1 head/facial part and the rest being just hair styles.

Cast head parts are found in face changes whereas caseal hair styles are found in hair style changes (lamia face is the only caseal head part)

But yes they are tickets and are normally friggin expensive as hell.

VKhaun
Feb 18, 2014, 11:45 PM
When you say tickets, do you mean I have to go through micro transactions with real money to change my Cast's head part?

strikerhunter
Feb 18, 2014, 11:51 PM
When you say tickets, do you mean I have to go through micro transactions with real money to change my Cast's head part?

Yes if you getting tickets for new heads from the AC scratch, but FK that when you can buy them through via-my shops aks player stores aka auction hall for mesta instead of paying real $$$$ for it.

But changing heads between the heads you already had is free of cost.

Sandmind
Feb 18, 2014, 11:51 PM

This kind of ticket. (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_6.php#nav)

deahamlet
Feb 18, 2014, 11:58 PM
Actually your info is 50% false because of use cast since casts are males and caseal are their female counterpart. (he asked for males and what you kinda said refers to females aka caseals)

As I stated above you: Cast head (casts are males) are head/facial changes whereas caseals (female counterpart of casts) only have 1 head/facial part and the rest being just hair styles.

Cast head parts are found in face changes whereas caseal hair styles are found in hair style changes (lamia face is the only caseal head part)

But yes they are tickets and are normally friggin expensive as hell.

OMG!

1. Didn't realize cast only referred to males (PSO2 is my first Phantasy Star game)
2. I never made a male cast.

Today I learn! But they're still tickets so 50% right I am. For caseal the hair that looks mechanical is expensive but the actual head parts sometimes expensive, sometimes not.

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 11:59 PM
Cast also refers to female casts since it's the term for the race, caseal is kind of a legacy from older games. It gets confusing.

VKhaun
Feb 19, 2014, 12:01 AM
This kind of ticket. (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_6.php#nav)

Okay, gotcha. Once I have the ticket to unlock the cast head for my account (I've gotten a few things like this... star cheek paint thing...) I will be able to swap my Cast's head out without paying AC, right?

Sorry. At this point I could probably figure it out if the game was up. Just curious really.

strikerhunter
Feb 19, 2014, 12:03 AM
Okay, gotcha. Once I have the ticket to unlock the cast head for my account (I've gotten a few things like this... star cheek paint thing...) I will be able to swap my Cast's head out without paying AC, right?

Sorry. At this point I could probably figure it out if the game was up. Just curious really.

Read what I said in the above post above yours.

Yes if you getting tickets for new heads from the AC scratch, but FK that when you can buy them through via-my shops aks player stores aka auction hall for mesta instead of paying real $$$$ for it.

But changing heads between the heads you already had is free of cost.

OMG!

1. Didn't realize cast only referred to males (PSO2 is my first Phantasy Star game)
2. I never made a male cast.

Today I learn! But they're still tickets so 50% right I am. For caseal the hair that looks mechanical is expensive but the actual head parts sometimes expensive, sometimes not.

The fact that he was asking for males, kinda made me wanted to point things out as you where referring to caseal/females.

Cast also refers to female casts since it's the term for the race, caseal is kind of a legacy from older games. It gets confusing.

It really isn't confusing but yea it came down from the older games (the majority of JPs and JPs that can speak bit English that I played with normally refers female casts as caseals)

Also coming from a game that has majority of characters being females, casts are easily and normally defined for males and caseals as females.

Sp-24
Feb 19, 2014, 12:05 AM

Yes, you can change your head parts and hair for free once you have them. No need to eat a hair ticket each time you want to get a haircut.

However, I don't remember anymore, but pretty sure that hair tickets are bound to your character, and not to your account. So, while you will be able to switch to and from that hair as much as you want on that character, you will have to buy that ticket again if you want another character or a support partner to be able to use it, too.

AlaskanKactus
Feb 19, 2014, 12:18 AM

Yes, you can buy Cast Head tickets from the Player Shops using Meseta. Once you use the ticket the head that it gives you is permanently unlocked for that character and any support partners that belong to that character. Just like accessory tickets.

VKhaun
Feb 19, 2014, 12:52 AM
Understood. Thanks for your patience!

.Jack
Feb 19, 2014, 01:57 AM
Edit: problem fixed

Ratazana
Feb 19, 2014, 02:02 AM
Are you using another vita?

IndigoNovember
Feb 19, 2014, 03:07 AM
I don't even think you could get a disc drop there, let alone a Lv. 16 one as the enemy needs to be 61+ to drop that.

It's a painfully frustrating hunt that got pretty much no better in the LQ, so it's just something you'll have to chalk up to sheer luck to drop.

Oh right, I forgot that they cap at 60. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm just waiting for this to be worse than getting an 11*...

darkepyonuk
Feb 19, 2014, 04:38 AM
Ive just made a registration to sega for an id, it took me about an hour and by the end of it i felt like i should be a workd war 2 code deciferer, anyway as i did it in my vita i followes the instructions set out by a site on my phone and there where some pieces missing from what i saw to what was said in the guide, i have had 2 emaiks since from pso2admin and sega_id are these email the activation confirmation emails?

.Jack
Feb 19, 2014, 05:07 AM
Ive just made a registration to sega for an id, it took me about an hour and by the end of it i felt like i should be a workd war 2 code deciferer, anyway as i did it in my vita i followes the instructions set out by a site on my phone and there where some pieces missing from what i saw to what was said in the guide, i have had 2 emaiks since from pso2admin and sega_id are these email the activation confirmation emails?

What guide are you following? And screenshots of any error you're getting will help to understand where it is you are stuck at at the moment.

darkepyonuk
Feb 19, 2014, 05:30 AM
What guide are you following? And screenshots of any error you're getting will help to understand where it is you are stuck at at the moment.

was following the bumped guide
i have two emails one from pso admin and one from sega id, but on the sega id, on the website theres no box to click to enable me to activate use of pso2 and i cant get to the disclaimer/terms of use to accept it

Crystal_Shard
Feb 19, 2014, 06:17 AM
I'm planning to finally get a set of LR units for a few of my characters. Are there any things I should take note of when choosing the unit set, especially if I extend them?

Dragonpie852
Feb 19, 2014, 08:33 AM
Anyone know of a quest that has a very high chance for visbolt or one that has a 100% chance? 2 weeks left and cant find it for first bingo yet other character finds everywhere.

Bellion
Feb 19, 2014, 09:13 AM
Have to play with at least another player, just go to Varder Soma's Area 1 and restart if you don't get it running around the whole area.

Shinamori
Feb 19, 2014, 09:18 AM
I found that FC has the best chance. Find a good populated block and look for people running FC or ask a few of your mates to help.

Now, I have a question. Does booster effect the chance of getting a rare of a code?

WildarmsRE5
Feb 19, 2014, 10:19 AM
I found that FC has the best chance. Find a good populated block and look for people running FC or ask a few of your mates to help.

Now, I have a question. Does booster effect the chance of getting a rare of a code?nope.

Sandmind
Feb 19, 2014, 10:44 AM
I'm planning to finally get a set of LR units for a few of my characters. Are there any things I should take note of when choosing the unit set, especially if I extend them?

LR spike shouldot set would actually get crapped on once extended. The thing got something like 50hp and 6% strike resist by piece that are hidden. I still use mines as my swapping tank units.

The rest of the LR unit can be extended for the most part. Just choose the look/set bonus you want.

NellysTarot
Feb 19, 2014, 11:38 AM
Yet another "Rookie Kressidia can't unlock quest" help request!

"Rookie Pebble Gathering" I can't unlock this, I've done: Rookie S rank clear, Subdue Za Oodan, Gunslash, Defender, Forest exploration and Rookie Force

Shouldn't this be enough to unlock "Rookie pebble gathering"? Or am I missing something?

WBMike
Feb 19, 2014, 11:45 AM
was following the bumped guide
i have two emails one from pso admin and one from sega id, but on the sega id, on the website theres no box to click to enable me to activate use of pso2 and i cant get to the disclaimer/terms of use to accept it

The guide was severely outdated so I've updated it to reflect the new changes.

You have completed your registration for PSO2 and you may now download the game.

darkepyonuk
Feb 19, 2014, 12:00 PM
The guide was severely outdated so I've updated it to reflect the new changes.

You have completed your registration for PSO2 and you may now download the game.

Ahright i did think summit was up, allright matey thanks for that

itzzsomeone
Feb 19, 2014, 12:09 PM
can anyone figure this out, been at it for an hour now, getting frustrated...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/bsbllptch12/stupidpso2captcha_zpse172c8ab.png (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/bsbllptch12/media/stupidpso2captcha_zpse172c8ab.png.html)

Scale of Judgment
Feb 19, 2014, 12:17 PM
http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/katakana.htm
If you are using the actual words its さいえまら

red1228
Feb 19, 2014, 12:19 PM
Trying to turn in the CO "Road to Shifta Drink EX" for one of my alts.. but the game isn't "seeing" the items in my inventory. The CO requires 1 Rockbear Fang & 1 Vol Dragon Claw to complete, yet the game still thinks I don't have the materials to turn in.

And yes, the items are in my character's inventory, not storage.

darkepyonuk
Feb 19, 2014, 12:20 PM
Be careful though as the caption may time out, took me an hour odd to do it but i did it on my ps vita so i just changed the input language

itzzsomeone
Feb 19, 2014, 12:22 PM
that page timed out by the time i entered it in again... can you try one more time for me please. i appreciate the help

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/bsbllptch12/Untitled_zps681f9014.png (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/bsbllptch12/media/Untitled_zps681f9014.png.html)

itzzsomeone
Feb 19, 2014, 12:31 PM
that page timed out by the time i entered it in again... can you try one more time for me please. i appreciate the help

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/bsbllptch12/Untitled_zps681f9014.png (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/bsbllptch12/media/Untitled_zps681f9014.png.html)

expired....this is completely frustrating

Scale of Judgment
Feb 19, 2014, 12:42 PM
expired....this is completely frustrating

http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm

Same site as one prescribed but on the top right there is a selection for hiragana or katakana. Once you type it on that keyboard, copy pasta onto bar and that should do it.

itzzsomeone
Feb 19, 2014, 12:50 PM
finally got it guys, thanks

itzzsomeone
Feb 19, 2014, 12:52 PM
http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm

Same site as one prescribed but on the top right there is a selection for hiragana or katakana. Once you type it on that keyboard, copy pasta onto bar and that should do it.

Yea, I finally figured it out. I was having problems finding the correct characters first, then once I did find them, I took too long and it was timing out. Had to restart the registration all over again and it actually took me to a different (newer looking) registration page, and it worked fine the first time. Thanks for the help!

VKhaun
Feb 19, 2014, 12:56 PM
Drop rates.

I notice I get more ranged weapons as a ranger and force stuff as a force. Will my subclass affect this later, or only the primary class?

strikerhunter
Feb 19, 2014, 01:10 PM
Drop rates.

I notice I get more ranged weapons as a ranger and force stuff as a force. Will my subclass affect this later, or only the primary class?

Primary only.

Saffran
Feb 19, 2014, 01:30 PM
Red1228> you need ヴォル・ドラゴンのかぎ爪 and my guess is you have ヴォル・ドラゴンの爪. Due to the lack of space in the item names, I wouldn't be surprised if both items got the same name in the english item patch.

You can buy the one you need in the visiphone. If you don't want to spend meseta, go slay a couple of vol dragons until the item drops "organically".

NellysTarot
Feb 19, 2014, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
Do either
Rookie Hunter
Rookie Ranger
Rookie Force

Then do:
Rookie Gunslash Usage

Then do:
Rookie Defender

Then do:
Rookie Dragonkin Ecological Survey

Finally, do either:
Do either
Rookie Sword Usage
Rookie Rifle Usage
Rookie Rod Usage

After that, you should unlock Rookie Lava Rock Gathering.

Yet another "Rookie Kressidia can't unlock quest" help request!

"Rookie Pebble Gathering" I can't unlock this, I've done: Rookie S rank clear, Subdue Za Oodan, Gunslash, Defender, Forest exploration and Rookie Force

Shouldn't this be enough to unlock "Rookie pebble gathering"? Or am I missing something?

^Still wondering if anyone knows =)

Kikikiki
Feb 19, 2014, 04:47 PM
AFAIK "Rookie Pebble Gathering" requires you to complete 10 of Kressida's COs to be able to unlock. After that when you complete "Rookie Dragonkin Ecological Survey" the "Rookie Lava Rock Gathering" should show up itself. I didn't even need to complete any of the Sword, Rifle or Rod ones.

Fishissalty
Feb 19, 2014, 07:56 PM
Any idea on when PSO2 will be releasing in the US?

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2014, 08:24 PM

Nobody knows. Sega said it would be delayed for an indefinite period of time.

Shinamori
Feb 19, 2014, 09:29 PM

Never. Even if they did, they'd be too far behind the Japanese version, so no point in playing. Plus given Sega's track record with PSU, PSOBB, and PSO....yeah don't hold your breath.

SkylyVi
Feb 19, 2014, 09:49 PM
What are some good unit sets? im using Jagd at the moment, and I cant buy 10*

Im a Lv 39 Hunter and 30 Ranger

Sp-24
Feb 19, 2014, 10:10 PM
Snow kitty units (Schloss? Schlacht? Whatever-it's-called set) lasted me a good while, and they aren't that hard to get, despite being 10☆. Same goes for Ragne and Varder units, but getting those requires more time. The blue Fen set has decent defenses, strike resistance, and should be pretty cheap now that it drops like crazy in tower defense. There's also extended units, which give you some crazy defenses, but lack any resistances and have very steep stat requirements to equip. There's probably more, but I can't think of anything else at the moment.

SkylyVi
Feb 19, 2014, 10:22 PM
Oh I see, I am right outside Lv 40. Once I find Lv 41 Bosses I can potentially get 10* drops?

What does extended mean? Does that mean upgraded?

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 19, 2014, 10:35 PM
@SkylyVi:

"Extend" has to do with "Crafting Weapons/Units"; this means that you can make weak weapons/units "usable" at Super Hard Level.

Please See this guide on Crafting:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-crafting-system-mini-guide/#comment-60037

final_attack
Feb 20, 2014, 01:01 AM
I forgot there's Build thread, sorry ^^;

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 20, 2014, 02:30 AM
I'm gonna horse around with TE/HU for a little bit as I try to level Techer up.

So would a pure S-ATK Mag be viable if one wants to mainly "Zondeel --> Wand Smack", or is having a T-ATK mag more viable?

I don't have a mag that is T-ATK oriented, and have never messed around with Technics Classes until now, I guess.

NellysTarot
Feb 20, 2014, 03:37 AM
AFAIK "Rookie Pebble Gathering" requires you to complete 10 of Kressida's COs to be able to unlock. After that when you complete "Rookie Dragonkin Ecological Survey" the "Rookie Lava Rock Gathering" should show up itself. I didn't even need to complete any of the Sword, Rifle or Rod ones.

Confirmed! Thank you so much!!

Reversal
Feb 20, 2014, 04:55 AM
Hello all, another question..
Would it be possible to give items to another person using "PREボックス" or the PRE box from the FUN shop? Assuming that the person who owns the box has premium. The translation on the jp wiki gave me this impression, but i may have misunderstood. If not, is there any other method besides selling it super cheap and praying someone else doesn't snatch it?

darkepyonuk
Feb 20, 2014, 06:11 AM

Your better off importing it mate, ive been waiting ages for pso/u/p to come to england but after i heard they are releasing a pso2 episode2 ive given up hoping for an english retail version so cut my losses and imported it last week,i bet we dont even hear anything on nova! Anyway you may want to pre order ep2, me on the other hand getting fed up (and a trophy hunter) decide to get the first pso2

Rubber-man
Feb 20, 2014, 07:14 PM
What are the differences between a charged, and uncharged sazan?

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2014, 07:50 PM
What are the differences between a charged, and uncharged sazan?

Uncharged deals half damage. That's it.

That would be why it's the go-to tech for elysion wielders.

Arksenth
Feb 20, 2014, 07:52 PM

Has less suction range and loses its linear AoE property too, though.

Sometimes I toss in a charged Sazan just to get all the mobs grouped together before spamming uncharged ones.

Bellion
Feb 20, 2014, 07:56 PM
Nah, the linear AoE is still there it just has less range as well.

Rubber-man
Feb 20, 2014, 08:17 PM

Half damage per hit, or half the number of hits?

Bellion
Feb 20, 2014, 08:21 PM
Half damage per hit.

windload89
Feb 20, 2014, 10:55 PM
god....where to search boosted catedran for lottie quest .....i spam 3 hour on subdue catedran killed more than 30 catedran still no special catedran coming out....some body please help....

gigawuts
Feb 20, 2014, 10:57 PM
Has less suction range and loses its linear AoE property too, though.

Sometimes I toss in a charged Sazan just to get all the mobs grouped together before spamming uncharged ones.

Really? I've noticed sazan's range is buggy as hell, where sometimes uncharged will grab things that charged won't and sometimes it'll damage things that are way too far away with random tics, but miss with others (and sometimes it won't suction the enemy very well, if at all).

I figured it was just a really convoluted tech that they were trying to salvage with big numbers, as usual.

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 21, 2014, 12:11 AM
@windload89:

You just have to get lucky.

I'm assuming you're doing the quest: "V. Caves Boosted Enemies III".

I suggest that you spam the Subdue Caterdra'n quest on the "Special Boost Day" which gives "100% Rare Enemies for All Quests." I think this will help, since I have noticed that on such days, I tend to get more boosted enemies. The next one up is on 2/25/2014 Japan Standard Time.

Because I don't know where you're from, please see the link below for the time:

http://bumped.org/psublog/

Also, make sure that you are in fact trying to subdue a Level 41+ Caterdra'n.

windload89
Feb 21, 2014, 12:26 AM
@windload89:

I suggest that you spam the Subdue Caterdra'n quest on the "Special Boost Day" which gives "100% Rare Enemies for All Quests." I think this will help, since I have noticed that on such days, I tend to get more boosted enemies. The next one up is on 2/25/2014 Japan Standard Time.

Also, make sure that you are in fact trying to subdue a Level 41+ Caterdra'n.

thank you , i think that is the best solution , no point for keep on wasting time , it was hard like meeting tagami kazuchi , i have no choice but wait for the rare enemy event

thanks for your answer

WildarmsRE5
Feb 21, 2014, 01:46 AM
@windload89:

Also, make sure that you are in fact trying to subdue a Level 41+ Caterdra'n.um no, Boosted =/= rare enemies.

he'll end up with a ctaadraal with that.

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 21, 2014, 02:45 AM
um no, Boosted =/= rare enemies.

he'll end up with a ctaadraal with that.

I'm inclined to disagree.

I think it applies to the appearance of Boosted Enemies as well as "Rare" enemies.

During 100% Rare Enemies Boost Days, I used to spam V. Caves for Impact Slider 16, and I would get boosted Vol rather frequently... along with the occasional B.Drall. Am I just lucky (or unlucky since during that time I was hunting for Impact Slider 16 and not getting B.Drall)?

Can someone else confirm or refute this based on your experience?

WildarmsRE5
Feb 21, 2014, 03:38 AM

I think it applies to the appearance of Boosted Enemies as well as "Rare" enemies.

During 100% Rare Enemies Boost Days, I used to spam V. Caves for Impact Slider 16, and I would get boosted Vol rather frequently... along with the occasional B.Drall. Am I just lucky (or unlucky since during that time I was hunting for Impact Slider 16 and not getting B.Drall)?

Can someone else confirm or refute this based on your experience?I just disagree cause there's a Rare Enemies PSE and Boosted Enemies PSE, implying they are different.

VKhaun
Feb 21, 2014, 03:44 AM
Hey, I'm trying to unlock desert exploration. I need to beat a quest to recover ore, but I don't understand how to succeed. I get to the last area and nothing happens. I kill some stuff, wander and fill the whole map... and nothing... no boss, no objective, no nothing.

I beat this once before, and I think there was a collection event where I found three sky blue crystals on the ground and brought them to a triangular teleporter thing, but I don't know how to actually trigger that event.

How do I trigger it?

deahamlet
Feb 21, 2014, 04:28 AM
Hey, I'm trying to unlock desert exploration. I need to beat a quest to recover ore, but I don't understand how to succeed. I get to the last area and nothing happens. I kill some stuff, wander and fill the whole map... and nothing... no boss, no objective, no nothing.

I beat this once before, and I think there was a collection event where I found three sky blue crystals on the ground and brought them to a triangular teleporter thing, but I don't know how to actually trigger that event.

How do I trigger it?

It should be just spawning in the last area, but it's basically some machines on the ground that you have to use while the shiny white circle is around them until the bar fills up (you will see what I mean once you encounter them).

Even better, here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqCNZ_8oVT8

VKhaun
Feb 21, 2014, 06:03 AM
It should be just spawning in the last area, but it's basically some machines on the ground that you have to use while the shiny white circle is around them until the bar fills up (you will see what I mean once you encounter them).

Even better, here's a video: Phantasy Star Online 2: Rare Ore Mining - Normal - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqCNZ_8oVT8)

No that's the Rare Ore Mining quest. I did that no problem. Had to rush past a lot of enemies to make it in under 18min and used three hench(fonew)men to cover me, but I pulled it off.

I'm talking about the one before that. Ore Recovery.

final_attack
Feb 21, 2014, 06:16 AM
Try to run around in the last area, until you found Emergency Code : Collect, and follow instructions to where the item spawned (little crystal), pick them up, and then return them to the ...... gathering point(?), little triangle portal-like.

windload89
Feb 21, 2014, 08:00 AM
ok another question. is the tri boost and rare drop stackable?
means that 250% +100%= 350%?
i know exp is stackable
but what about rare drop?

jooozek
Feb 21, 2014, 08:10 AM
ok another question. is the tri boost and rare drop stackable?
means that 250% +100%= 350%?
i know exp is stackable
but what about rare drop?

meseta and exp are stackable, why rare drop rate wouldn't?

gigawuts
Feb 21, 2014, 09:06 AM

Can someone else confirm or refute this based on your experience?

As someone who has gone through Lotti's stuff on three characters now

No, they are not the same thing.

windload89
Feb 21, 2014, 11:03 AM
thanks for your confirmation answer

thunderstorm387
Feb 21, 2014, 01:01 PM
Item drop limits?

I was in Cradel just now where our group had a super long PSE burst. There were items dropped at the beginning of the level, but after I went back to go get them, they disappeared. Is there a limit to how many items can appear?

strikerhunter
Feb 21, 2014, 01:04 PM
Item drop limits?

I was in Cradel just now where our group had a super long PSE burst. There were items dropped at the beginning of the level, but after I went back to go get them, they disappeared. Is there a limit to how many items can appear?

Yes but I'm sure bout the number since it's a very high number.

VKhaun
Feb 21, 2014, 01:51 PM
Try to run around in the last area, until you found Emergency Code : Collect, and follow instructions to where the item spawned (little crystal), pick them up, and then return them to the ...... gathering point(?), little triangle portal-like.

I understand how to do the event.

I do not know how to START the event.

To get desert exploration I have to beat the whole thing in 15min. Even just running past all the enemies I'm not even in the 3rd area for 5-7min because of how big the 2nd area is. I can't even look for the entrance by looking around in the distance because there are multiple 'no entry' caves.

I have literally watched the timer go from 10min to 18-20min in the 3rd area and still never had the event even start. There has to be some kind of trigger or else how could anyone ever do Desert Exploration?

EDIT--
Okay, just tried again and got three tiny maps, and the event started almost immediately when I entered area 3.

Guess it's just random? :/

Skywolf
Feb 21, 2014, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know how exactly one can go about getting daily client orders from Faina unlocked? I have them unlocked on one of my characters but I cant for the life of me figure out how to unlock them on my 2nd character.

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 21, 2014, 04:09 PM

As someone who has gone through Lotti's stuff on three characters now

No, they are not the same thing.

Okay. Thanks, Gig.

VKhaun
Feb 21, 2014, 04:11 PM
Sorry for spam. Going back to work tonight so you won't hear from me in here for a few days. :P

How do I increase the rewards from events? I'm trying to find the electric armor set from the Rappy arrest codes, but often times they just don't give a reward at all. Is this based on anything or just pure RNG? - Do Item drop rate increase boosters help? - Does my class matter for the reward roll at the end? - What class would find the electric armor set, if so?

Emp
Feb 21, 2014, 04:17 PM
Sorry for spam. Going back to work tonight so you won't hear from me in here for a few days. :P

How do I increase the rewards from events? I'm trying to find the electric armor set from the Rappy arrest codes, but often times they just don't give a reward at all. Is this based on anything or just pure RNG? - Do Item drop rate increase boosters help? - Does my class matter for the reward roll at the end? - What class would find the electric armor set, if so?

Rewards from completing Emergency trails are random. Rare boosters, class/subclass do not affect your chances. It is completely and 100% random.

gigawuts
Feb 21, 2014, 04:42 PM
Does anyone know how exactly one can go about getting daily client orders from Faina unlocked? I have them unlocked on one of my characters but I cant for the life of me figure out how to unlock them on my 2nd character.

I believe you just need to reach level 10 on a class on that character to unlock dailies for them.

aphelion
Feb 21, 2014, 05:52 PM
Does anyone know if the Ancient Oath latent on falclaw will boost electric damage on holding current (for enemies weak to it) or does the latent only apply to the element of the weapon itself?

Thanks.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 21, 2014, 05:55 PM
Ok, im a bit fuzzy on the Braver Sub class unlocks, now I know when you hit Lv25 the client orders are unlocked, now to unlock them for use, do you need to switch to that class (aka HU/RA/FO) or can I stay as a Braver and use all class weapons for it to count?

MetalDude
Feb 21, 2014, 06:01 PM
Does anyone know if the Ancient Oath latent on falclaw will boost electric damage on holding current (for enemies weak to it) or does the latent only apply to the element of the weapon itself?

Thanks.

IIRC, it operates on the same basis as Element Weak Hit meaning the target needs to be weak to your weapon/technic's element. Holding Current does not have any special elemental properties as far as I know.

KazukiQZ
Feb 21, 2014, 07:28 PM
Ok, im a bit fuzzy on the Braver Sub class unlocks, now I know when you hit Lv25 the client orders are unlocked, now to unlock them for use, do you need to switch to that class (aka HU/RA/FO) or can I stay as a Braver and use all class weapons for it to count?

You can do the latter, just sub the appropriate class for the weapon needed to enable PA usage(as example Hunter subclass for Wired Lance, so BRHU).
For bossfight, you can first weaken it using katana/ any preferred weapon, and when the operator announce 'it's weaker', you can change to the respective weapon needed and whack abit more until it's dead.
You can also wait until the operator said 'It has a little health' but it's abit risky, you may kill it even before the announcement happen due to lag or something. Good luck :3

DJcooltrainer
Feb 21, 2014, 08:36 PM
You can do the latter, just sub the appropriate class for the weapon needed to enable PA usage(as example Hunter subclass for Wired Lance, so BRHU).
For bossfight, you can first weaken it using katana/ any preferred weapon, and when the operator announce 'it's weaker', you can change to the respective weapon needed and whack abit more until it's dead.
You can also wait until the operator said 'It has a little health' but it's abit risky, you may kill it even before the announcement happen due to lag or something. Good luck :3

Actually, the only one I think you NEED to change your sub for is the Techer CO, as you can't melee attack with a talis. I was able to unlock gunner on my Br/Hu by using JA's on an all-class rifle and launcher.

WildarmsRE5
Feb 21, 2014, 11:33 PM

How do I increase the rewards from events? I'm trying to find the electric armor set from the Rappy arrest codes, but often times they just don't give a reward at all. Is this based on anything or just pure RNG? - Do Item drop rate increase boosters help? - Does my class matter for the reward roll at the end? - What class would find the electric armor set, if so?you can buy them from players shops doe. . .

KazukiQZ
Feb 22, 2014, 12:59 AM
Actually, the only one I think you NEED to change your sub for is the Techer CO, as you can't melee attack with a talis. I was able to unlock gunner on my Br/Hu by using JA's on an all-class rifle and launcher.
Yes you can do that too, but been able to use PA/Tech is better IMO xD

And even though you cannot melee attack with Talis, you can still do damage with its normal attack, but as with other normal attacks, they are very weak thus my recommendation to sub class to enable the PA usage. More of a convenience nonetheless :)

Kiyumi
Feb 22, 2014, 01:25 AM
What exactly is the difference with boosted, or tainted, or infected, or rare enemies? I cant seem to find info on this.

From my experience it seems the rare versions have higher hp, and infected ones hit harder. Then some of them have purple flowers growing out of their head that shoot at you?

IndigoNovember
Feb 22, 2014, 03:08 AM
"Boosted," "tainted," and "infected" mean the enemy has a stat increase whereas "rare" means the enemy is a different enemy altogether. For example, a "boosted"/"tainted"/"infected" Vol Dragon would be a Vol Dragon whose name is in red and has, in N through VH difficulties, some kind of plant attached to it ranging from a bulb to a fully grown flower, whereas in the SH difficulty, it'll be this odd living thing (like claws or a flower with an eye) that will shoot orbs at you. On the other hand, a "rare" Vol Dragon will be renamed into a Burn Draal which has a different drop table and can also be "boosted"/"tainted"/"infected."

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 22, 2014, 04:03 AM
boosted, or tainted, or infected

Those are synonyms for one game mechanic.

Enemies have an additional weak point in the infection core, but typically hit harder/have slightly more HP, and their names will show up in red. On SH, the infection core can leech health from you to heal the enemy when you're hit, fire lasers, counter attack with explosive orbs, or be a combination of some of those traits.

Infection cores from N-VH give the enemy a red tint. On SH, purple.

or rare enemies?

Similar, but differently colored/named enemies known for dropping rare PAs/tech disks.
Ex: noire drall is a rare vesion of dragon ex with the voice of an energetic girl for some reason. It is brownish-black with tan crystal parts instead of the normal pale gold color with light blue crystal parts. Can drop disks for guilty break and nagrants.

Rare enemies do not count as their normal counterpart for anything requiring them.

Chaosmatic
Feb 22, 2014, 04:23 AM
is there a way to gift/give/transfer/trade AC on your account to other players?

jooozek
Feb 22, 2014, 04:32 AM
is there a way to gift/give/transfer/trade AC on your account to other players?

there isn't

SallySalSal
Feb 22, 2014, 05:36 AM
How do I go about doing Echo's Secret Training Quest? Only did like her 3 first CO's, and now she's in her HU form doesn't offer any other quests.

KazukiQZ
Feb 22, 2014, 07:20 AM
@SallySalSal
Iirc, change your active Matterboard to early ones (like MB1-4), and then try to change block. Default Echo (FO one) should reappear. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Uthred
Feb 22, 2014, 06:27 PM
Can you straight up buy cosmetics in this game or is it all behind a random gacha?

Gourd
Feb 22, 2014, 06:52 PM
No seriously, how the hell am I supposed Lisa's "Ranger for sure" client order? I'm doing exactly what the CO says (at least I think so because the fucking description cuts out something). I'm supposed to I think kill Big V with rifles, but I have. It didn't count it. :/

Sizustar
Feb 22, 2014, 07:00 PM
Can you straight up buy cosmetics in this game or is it all behind a random gacha?

Playershop

Sandmind
Feb 22, 2014, 07:07 PM

Yes and No.

You can buy them from other players who played the gacha or got it as a reward from an event/bingo.

Taters
Feb 22, 2014, 08:26 PM
Sorry, I know there's lots of discussion stuff on TD already but, when are you supposed to use your drop tickets during TD? Results I get from testing aren't reliable at all. :I been using them right before killing MegaKabuterimon but then today mine ran out during the final wave and I forgot to use one, and I got another Elysion anyway.

Z-0
Feb 22, 2014, 08:41 PM
Either use them during the final wave of Wave 6, or just before Bibras.

If done correctly they will run out right after the fourth run. If you have less runs than that, I'm surprised they're running out.

HBK666
Feb 22, 2014, 09:14 PM
Does anybody know which of these 10 star daggers cause fps problems?

Gwanah Dagger
Blade Dance
Burial Saw
Nightmare Blood
Blitz Slugger
Bloody Art
Lava Seeker
Clavelnix
Brass Haul
Draal Volg
Nagel Ong
G Nero Dagger
Akane
Floating Edges
Mizer Ripper
Marie Nails
Optreion

btw-Niji
Feb 22, 2014, 09:18 PM
Does anybody know which of these 10 star daggers cause fps problems?

Gwanah Dagger
Blade Dance
Burial Saw
Nightmare Blood
Blitz Slugger
Bloody Art
Lava Seeker
Clavelnix
Brass Haul
Draal Volg
Nagel Ong
G Nero Dagger
Akane
Floating Edges
Mizer Ripper
Marie Nails
Optreion
FPS drop:
Akane
Mizer Ripper
Marie Nails
Clavelnix **(not 100% sure on this, but I'm pretty sure I felt it before)
Bloody Art
Buriel Saw
Blade Dance

___

Good daggers:
Nightmare Blood (allclass dagger)
Optreion
Lava Seeker

Not sure on the rest because I only use Optreion and Lava Seeker on FI and allclass nonrare (1~6*) daggers on nonFI.

Taters
Feb 22, 2014, 09:49 PM
Either use them during the final wave of Wave 6, or just before Bibras.

If done correctly they will run out right after the fourth run. If you have less runs than that, I'm surprised they're running out.

not pro TAer so I usually get 3 runs in with randoms, sometimes only 2 but those usually don't end up S rank anyway
basically if I use it at the end of run 1, it will have a few minutes left after run 3. But before this I used one at the beginning of a run to test the drops and it messed up the timing and all.

thx 4 sucking zyn :doughboy:

PenguinChan
Feb 22, 2014, 10:35 PM
Wondering which blocks inside ship 02 have the most English players? Still trying to figure this game out, and I seem to always pick the empty blocks.

SallySalSal
Feb 22, 2014, 10:38 PM
@SallySalSal
Iirc, change your active Matterboard to early ones (like MB1-4), and then try to change block. Default Echo (FO one) should reappear. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Didn't work for me. I changed to a MB (that I haven't 100% yet), changed blocks and still have HU Echo that doesn't give any old CO's.

KazukiQZ
Feb 22, 2014, 10:45 PM
@SallySalSal

Sorry for that. Still, my 2nd character still has FO Echo in the lobby because I never do Story Quest with him. Hope someone can give a better solution :)
And iirc, her last MB appearance as a FO was MB8, the one that had Zeno been reported MIA after DF Elder battle, presumably dead

IndigoNovember
Feb 22, 2014, 10:46 PM
HU Echo does give old COs. You'll still have to unlock them. I think you also need to bring along FO Echo and not HU Echo for the COs that require her to join you.

On Matterboard 13 I was able to complete the required Bingo CO.

Edit:

No seriously, how the hell am I supposed Lisa's "Ranger for sure" client order? I'm doing exactly what the CO says (at least I think so because the fucking description cuts out something). I'm supposed to I think kill Big V with rifles, but I have. It didn't count it. :/

When the patch fails, try cirnopedia. When cirnopedia fails, try the JP wiki. Or just go to the JP wiki first if you're willing to deal with moon runes.

Defeat 【Big Varder】 x3
Defeat 【Quartz Dragon】 x3
Defeat 【Fang Banther】 x1
※ Defeat Lv.41+ Q. Dragons with Launchers,
Big Varders & Fang Banther with Rifles.
Did you do all this?

SallySalSal
Feb 22, 2014, 10:57 PM
Hmm alright. I'll try doing the other CO's and see if she gives me the bingo ones. Thanks for help y'alls.

IndigoNovember
Feb 22, 2014, 11:11 PM
Start from the top and work your way down, that way you're doing the FO Echo COs and not the HU Echo COs.

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2014, 11:21 PM
How do I go about doing Echo's Secret Training Quest? Only did like her 3 first CO's, and now she's in her HU form doesn't offer any other quests.

There's something you need to clear on Matterboard 2. I think it was C-5? It was just an event tablet. Running into that will open up the CO that unlocks the bingo card CO.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 22, 2014, 11:47 PM
Could someone point me to where it was mentioned that the coming XQ shop weapons will only cost the more of the current stone types?

Bellion
Feb 23, 2014, 12:04 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20140305/03/

VKhaun
Feb 23, 2014, 03:04 AM
If I'm using Weak Stance to shoot a weak point with a tech/attack that also uses the weak element for the target, does the bonus of weak stance apply to both or just the final damage number one time? How does that damage compare to average stance doing the same attack?

Kondibon
Feb 23, 2014, 03:12 AM
If I'm using Weak Stance to shoot a weak point with a tech/attack that also uses the weak element for the target, does the bonus of weak stance apply to both or just the final damage number one time? How does that damage compare to average stance doing the same attack?Weak stance only applies once. All it does is check "Is the total multiplier for this > 100%? If so the apply multiplier". and vice versa.

VKhaun
Feb 23, 2014, 05:02 AM
What should a free player do with their mag, on a character that they want to do all classes on?

Pure DEX?

jooozek
Feb 23, 2014, 06:25 AM
What should a free player do with their mag, on a character that they want to do all classes on?

Pure DEX?

you have 2 characters slots, not one and a dex mag is actually the worst thing you can do for multiple classes since weapons for classes rarely use dex outside of katanas/bows/gunslashes so you will not only have lower attack power generally but also will have access to only lower tier weapons, dex itself doesn't add damage so there is that also
fyi tech classes are easily the worst damage dealers and being a support doesn't really require a tech mag so i guess you should make one char for ranged attack, and one for striking attack