PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

Shinamori
May 10, 2014, 07:34 PM
It's doable, I tested it during Beta.
But I don't know why yours record the desktop.
What are you running PSO2 in, Full screen or Virtual Full Screen?
If you have a Nvidia GPU, you can try out Nvidia Shadowplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Y2MI2CuGk

I run in windowed mode with window border around it.

WinterSpirit
May 10, 2014, 07:58 PM
Are all voice cards available still or are some not anymore? I wanted voice card number 1 of course (The voice actor for Natsu from fairy tail and Simon from gurren lagaan). I want to know if it can even be found at all anymore. So can it? If so where would i get one?

gaijin_punch
May 10, 2014, 08:13 PM
What do I have to do to unlock the matter board bingo square. I think I've done like one matter board thing... Ever.

manthisis
May 10, 2014, 08:17 PM
what PA's should I use as a hunter from levels 18-30? im having trouble dealing damage and soloing bosses and such even with fury stance, grinded gear, etc.

i cant seem to get a low enough level over end/guilty break/sword rider/ the recommended PAs from the build thread

ShinKai
May 10, 2014, 08:23 PM
What do I have to do to unlock the matter board bingo square. I think I've done like one matter board thing... Ever.

You need to unlock the newest Matter Board, which is currently Matter Board 16.

Akakomuma
May 10, 2014, 08:41 PM
Why is Dark Falz called "Loser"?

Horo The Wise Wolf
May 10, 2014, 08:42 PM

It's weird.

His name in Japanese is "Ru Sa" Which is Luther.

Loser is in place of the English Patch just because it is funnier I guess.

Akakomuma
May 10, 2014, 08:44 PM
It's weird.

His name in Japanese is "Ru Sa" Which is Luther.

Loser is in place of the English Patch just because it is funnier I guess.

Wow, uh, they should make it Luther then. lol

gaijin_punch
May 10, 2014, 09:07 PM
Dark Balls Luther

gaijin_punch
May 10, 2014, 09:08 PM
You need to unlock the newest Matter Board, which is currently Matter Board 16.

K. Is there a guide anywhere? I assume the Japanese Wiki has it. Will check when I'm not on my phone.

Gardios
May 10, 2014, 09:56 PM

DF Luther is written "Loser", but pronounced "Luther". Same with Elder, he's written "Colossus", but pronounced "Elder".

I think the EN patch went with Loser at first because they didn't have the pronunciation when it was translated? It should be changed though.

ShinKai
May 10, 2014, 09:56 PM
K. Is there a guide anywhere? I assume the Japanese Wiki has it. Will check when I'm not on my phone.

To unlock MB 16? I think Cirnopedia has a mostly translated guide to the MB squares, I don't know how updated it is.

Once you get to MB 15, What you need to do to unlock MB 16 is to finish both story mission paths, and also, you need to make a Support Partner if you haven't. Then Xion should give you the new one.

Miyavi-sensei
May 10, 2014, 10:25 PM
Im going to order the Vita version and was wondering whats the difference between the original and Episode 2? Do i need to order both or can i just order Episode 2?

Shadowth117
May 10, 2014, 10:33 PM
Im going to order the Vita version and was wondering whats the difference between the original and Episode 2? Do i need to order both or can i just order Episode 2?

You only need one or the other. So yeah, go ahead and just get ep2.

manthisis
May 10, 2014, 10:36 PM
its literally like impossible to solo the cave boss dragon at level 16 as a hunter. any tips? i cant seem to get the more powerful PAs like Over End or Guilty Breaker at that level

Shadowth117
May 10, 2014, 10:42 PM
its literally like impossible to solo the cave boss dragon at level 16 as a hunter. any tips? i cant seem to get the more powerful PAs like Over End or Guilty Breaker at that level

Its hard and it may take a while, but it should be possible. If its really too much for you, I'd suggest leveling in emergency quests when you can and doing client orders so that you can get to a higher level to fight it. You could also try seeing if you could get help somewhere like block 20 maybe.

ShinKai
May 11, 2014, 12:20 AM

Take some time to learn his patterns, and try to either dodge or block them. This stuff takes practice. His weak points are the horns and his tail.

Focus on not taking damage and you'll be in good shape for when you get more powerful stuff in SH.

Evangelion X.XX
May 11, 2014, 12:28 AM
I would recommend using a grinded gunslash if you're truly having trouble. Just keep yourself at a distance and keep shooting the tail.

rpgstar1
May 11, 2014, 12:52 AM

My suggestion, use a gunslash so you have access to some range and melee. Also use to npc's or even friend npc's, just bring some cpu help, and I'd suggest since your the hunter, bring rangers and force.

Or you can just look and see if someone is running it and join their party, or even see if someone wants to join yours

gigawuts
May 11, 2014, 12:54 AM
The trick with vol dragon is staying mobile. Most hunter PAs - especially early ones - are slow, giving vol time to start a new attack before yours is done.

When the game launched vol was pretty much the toughest boss. Now he's much easier, but that's mostly because of the newer moves. Try buying some of the 6* PAs for the cheap prices, but at a nice level. Some will be pricier than others, so don't feel like you need all of them. Good ones for this would be Wild Round and Cerberus Dance for Wired Lances, which do not need wired lance gear at all to do their best damage, and Over End on his head for when he's regenerating his tail. If you deal enough damage to his head you can stumble him, which will interrupt his tail regeneration. Breaking his tail breaks his armor, which will prevent him from using his flying fireball move until he regenerates it again. You can also just run and stay behind him to avoid it.

Wild Round and Cerberus Dance can both be guard cancelled: If you think you're going to be hit, do this early, not late. Better to cancel a move and take no damage than not cancel a move in time and eat the ground.

Other good moves are Ride Slasher (sword gear preferred for faster charging), Guilty Break (great gap closer, fast animation, but again sword gear preferred for charging), and Sacred Skewer (snipe the tail or horn).

But again, all of these are only good here because of their quick animations and generous cancel frames. You can pick Vol apart with the PAs you're finding now, some are even as fast as you need. Grapple Charge comboed into Heavenly Fall is an excellent combination to close on his tail as he keeps turning to face you, and HF is very quick too so it's good all the time here. That was one of the original choice moves for this because it was so fast back before all these other moves were added.

manthisis
May 11, 2014, 01:14 AM
is it possible for a level 20 hunter to equip a rod with a force subclass?

icewindz
May 11, 2014, 01:17 AM
what potential Zero Effort does?

Cirnopedia says Boost point-blank attack power

what does point-blank attack power means?

ty

NexusAZ
May 11, 2014, 01:32 AM

To quote somebody:

"The new Dark Falz's name is a pun. He is called Dark Falz [敗者]. This kanji literally means "failure person" or "one who loses or has lost". Though it could be rendered as [The Defeated] or [Vanquished], it's most common translation is "loser". When this kanji is read in the game, it is pronounced ルーサー. This is how the NPC Luther's name is written, because (spoilers) he is Dark Falz Loser. However, the word "loser" can also be written in katakana as ルーサー (although ルーザー is more common).

So, the pun is that Loser and Luther are all but identical when written in katakana or pronounced in Japanese. While the enemy itself is named Dark Falz ルーサー (Luther), we have chosen to call it Dark Falz Loser, so as to preserve the pun. Likewise, the soul is Loser Soul. This is, in our estimation, the only way to preserve the pun in English."

This is what I've been told at least .3.

ty

Withing a certain distance of the target, you get a damage boost. It's a pretty nice one too. It activate at the same range Zero Range Advance does. You don't have to be all up in their face, but you do have to be pretty close.

ShinKai
May 11, 2014, 01:42 AM

ty

It means what it says. It boosts point blank damage, so it boosts damage if your enemy is close to you. After a certain distance from you, you won't get the damage bonus.

icewindz
May 11, 2014, 01:52 AM
Thanks to NexusAZ and ShinKai for answering my previous question.

May i ask another one? lol

as for extending unit

cirnopedia says
http://puu.sh/8HJgR.png

the parameter..

so as extending lv 2 i'll get +20 hp and +2 pp or +40 hp +4 pp?

and im a gunner should i extend ranged (since stat requirement) or tech just for more pp bonus?

NexusAZ
May 11, 2014, 02:16 AM
Thanks to NexusAZ and ShinKai for answering my previous question.

May i ask another one? lol

as for extending unit

cirnopedia says
http://puu.sh/8HJgR.png

the parameter..

so as extending lv 2 i'll get +20 hp and +2 pp or +40 hp +4 pp?

and im a gunner should i extend ranged (since stat requirement) or tech just for more pp bonus?

It will always be either 30 HP/1 PP, 20 HP/2 PP or 10 HP/3 PP no matter the extend level. As far as how you should extend... it really comes down to how much HP/PP you want. Ranged is a good middle ground and I would say is probably the best unless you really need PP/HP.

Sizustar
May 11, 2014, 03:35 AM
Are all voice cards available still or are some not anymore? I wanted voice card number 1 of course (The voice actor for Natsu from fairy tail and Simon from gurren lagaan). I want to know if it can even be found at all anymore. So can it? If so where would i get one?

Search in Playershop

I run in windowed mode with window border around it.

Try it in virtual full screen mode, although you might have better luck asking at the MSI forum, as most people here use Frap or Nvidia Shadowplay. Some use Bandicam too I believe.

is it possible for a level 20 hunter to equip a rod with a force subclass?

Sub-class do not give you the ability to use said job weapon, you need to get all class weapon.

rpgstar1
May 11, 2014, 03:43 AM
Does anyone know another site, similair to http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/, since this site has been down for about 3 days now?

NexusAZ
May 11, 2014, 03:50 AM
Does anyone know another site, similair to http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/, since this site has been down for about 3 days now?

Cirno is up for me. It's a problem on your end. I would say to use Chrome/Translate and check out the JP wiki: http://pso2.swiki.jp/

Indignation Judgment
May 11, 2014, 07:41 AM
Which technics are actually considered 'Support techncis' affected by PP Territory save?

Resta, Shifta, Deband, Megiverse? Zondeel and Zanverse?

Sanguine2009
May 11, 2014, 07:46 AM
shifta resta deband zanverse megiverse zondeel are the support techs

IndigoNovember
May 11, 2014, 11:24 AM
Levels on Status Ailment affixes only affect duration/damage and not proc rate correct? So if I wanted to make an all class twin machine gun with mirage for Luther, I can just go with Mirage I and do just as well as Mirage V, correct?

GrimFix
May 11, 2014, 11:49 AM
Hi, i want to know how to change my character's name. I've tried looking in the threads as I've seen it before somewhere but it's no where to be found now so if anyone can give me a quick answer I'd very much appreciate it.

IndigoNovember
May 11, 2014, 12:13 PM
Hi, i want to know how to change my character's name. I've tried looking in the threads as I've seen it before somewhere but it's no where to be found now so if anyone can give me a quick answer I'd very much appreciate it.

You'll have to delete your character and remake them in order to change their name.

GrimFix
May 11, 2014, 12:18 PM
You'll have to delete your character and remake them in order to change their name.

Really? I thought they added in the option of using ac to change your character's name. I'm just having trouble with finding that option unless they haven't added it in yet. Thanks for the quick reply

IndigoNovember
May 11, 2014, 12:22 PM
Really? I thought they added in the option of using ac to change your character's name. I'm just having trouble with finding that option unless they haven't added it in yet. Thanks for the quick reply

Hmm, now that I look, they did add it in this update (thought it was a later one). It's after you log into your account and when you select your character, there's a "Settings" option you can select before you go down to the lobby. It's the 3rd option in that menu. It will cost AC.

icewindz
May 11, 2014, 12:23 PM
where did EQ outside schedule go?

GrimFix
May 11, 2014, 12:30 PM
Hmm, now that I look, they did add it in this update (thought it was a later one). It's after you log into your account and when you select your character, there's a "Settings" option you can select before you go down to the lobby. It's the 3rd option in that menu. It will cost AC.

Ah okay, thank you sooo much for the answer, now time to go change my character name.

larthejust
May 11, 2014, 01:27 PM
Sorry if this has been asked already. I have seen characters with colored text beneath their names and was wondering if anyone knew how to do that? Thanks.

icewindz
May 11, 2014, 01:53 PM
Sorry if this has been asked already. I have seen characters with colored text beneath their names and was wondering if anyone knew how to do that? Thanks.
mouse 3 -> 4th option -> custom message -> {color}message

more information about color here http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Chat_Commands

BrainDps
May 11, 2014, 01:56 PM
2x questions.

1. I'm in ship 02, best place for English speakers?

2. I'd like to join a "guild" (no idea what its called in PSO) how do I go about looking for recruitment, would like to play with other people. (I live in Japan, so I'm hoping to find people within the same timezone :P if I'm lucky)

relentless
May 11, 2014, 02:01 PM
Block 20 has most English speaking people. Also it's called teams on PSO2 and not guilds. Just ask around, you'll probably find people quickly.

BrainDps
May 11, 2014, 02:03 PM
Block 20

Sorry for clarifying, block 20 on Ship 02 yes? :)

Ephidiel
May 11, 2014, 02:10 PM
thats the block you never ever want to go to

relentless
May 11, 2014, 02:15 PM
Sorry for clarifying, block 20 on Ship 02 yes? :)

Yes, Ship 02 Block 20, correct.

Otokonokotron
May 11, 2014, 03:53 PM
hey is there a wiki or something for what all those little things that pop up during runs? like sometimes on ur screen ull see a bunch of things that look like theyre a reading of something or other.

omgwtflolbbl
May 11, 2014, 04:03 PM
Does Mizer Soul boost the rate of Spirita III? Thinking about 4 slotting and using cirnopedia and the affix sim on arks-layer and I thought I had read it does, but it doesn't seem to boost Spirita III. I know the souls were recently changed, so I don't know if its just out of date or what.

Thinking about using a Mizer/Shoot III/Spirita III/xxx fodder with Mizer/xxx/xxx/xx fodder/target to affix Mizer/Shoot III/Spirita III/Shooting Boost. Will that work 100% with 30% boost?

seilent
May 11, 2014, 04:07 PM
hey is there a wiki or something for what all those little things that pop up during runs? like sometimes on ur screen ull see a bunch of things that look like theyre a reading of something or other.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3130383&postcount=12

Hope this helps..

Bellion
May 11, 2014, 04:09 PM
Assuming you have Mizer Soul on your target item, you'd only need a 20% booster to get to 100% with those fodders.

If you don't have Mizer Soul on the target item, not even a 30% will make it reach 100%.

omgwtflolbbl
May 11, 2014, 04:39 PM
Thanks.

I know that element is really not all that important on weapons that aren't used for techs or have stuff like Ancient Oath, but what's generally the most desired element? I'm guessing Light and Fire from the prices of the attribute changers?

manthisis
May 11, 2014, 04:39 PM
what photon art setup should you use for twin daggers?

Otokonokotron
May 11, 2014, 04:44 PM
ok so if a soul boosts pp it raises spirit success rate?

Sizustar
May 11, 2014, 04:57 PM
Thanks.

I know that element is really not all that important on weapons that aren't used for techs or have stuff like Ancient Oath, but what's generally the most desired element? I'm guessing Light and Fire from the prices of the attribute changers?

Light, because it effect all Darker type enemy.

Niagara
May 11, 2014, 04:57 PM
Thanks.

Light is pretty good against Darkers (if you have a weapon with bonus damage against Darker it's just plain awesome). Lightning and Fire are also a common and good. Especially Fire.

what photon art setup should you use for twin daggers?

Depends heavily on playstyle. Probably a mix of Bloody Sarabande, Facet folia, Symphonic Drive and Raging Waltz. As for the setup itself... well, just do what suits you the most. I'm not the best Fi player ever, since it's more a sub for me.

Sureiya
May 11, 2014, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know the actual chance of a custom tech to have -10 PP cost? I have crafted the tech so many times but the best I can get is -9 PP cost. I'm not sure if I'm unlucky or its like 1% chance.

Bellion
May 11, 2014, 05:08 PM
You should generally pick an element that complements a weapon and not just go with light only.

Fire for fire rods
Fire for native killing weapons
Lightning for machine killing weapons
Light for darker killing weapons
and so on.

Light is alright, just don't turn every single weapon into light if you can guess that you've found a certain weapon that complements a certain element. If you're only going to use one weapon fire/lightning/light can be good. If you want to sell something, light is what usually sells the most unless you have a weapon that....you know, I think you should get the point by now.

kleverkarl
May 11, 2014, 07:14 PM
Does the party members from the Free Tab give FUN points?

Black Hawk
May 11, 2014, 07:18 PM
Hey guys, question. I recently hit 44 and it seems a lot of the client orders give hardly any exp anymore. 15k isn't much when you need like 250 per level.

Any tips on faster leveling?

SallySalSal
May 11, 2014, 08:36 PM
Just to clarify, how exactly does the Great Sun Deity latent work? Thanks.

Bellion
May 11, 2014, 08:46 PM
Works anywhere in which a weather effect can take place. However, no weather effects must be active for the potential to work. It will always work in boss rooms even though no weather effects can take place.

It will never work in the Dark Falz quests nor in extreme quests, and the red waves of the tower defense of quests in which it turns a bit dark.

SallySalSal
May 11, 2014, 08:50 PM
Works anywhere in which a weather effect can take place. However, no weather effects must be active for the potential to work. It will always work in boss rooms even though no weather effects can take place.

It will never work in the Dark Falz quests nor in extreme quests, and the red waves of the tower defense of quests in which it turns a bit dark.

Thanks! I knew there was more to it than just the sun being out or not.

RedRaz0r
May 11, 2014, 09:05 PM
During extreme quests when it says do not heal, do the following count?

-Megiverse
-Partner character resta
-automate deadline/halfline

I can confirm that GM latent does not count as healing.

Takatsuki
May 11, 2014, 09:53 PM
Trying to find the Character Creator/Benchmark V2 with English patch for a friend of mine to see if she can run it... but I can't find it.

Link?

Rakurai
May 11, 2014, 10:02 PM
During extreme quests when it says do not heal, do the following count?

-Megiverse
-Partner character resta
-automate deadline/halfline

I can confirm that GM latent does not count as healing.

I think the only thing that actually counts as healing is using mates or Resta.

Partner characters seem to be exempt from all of the extreme quest orders save for the ones to kill enemies.

Seyle
May 11, 2014, 10:15 PM
So I haven't played this game since Floating Continent was released, and I've forgotten my account information. After making a new account, I've made it to level 32.

What should I be doing? Are there certain ways to level at a decent pace other than client orders from Franka? Help ;_;

Hobu
May 11, 2014, 10:44 PM
So I haven't played this game since Floating Continent was released, and I've forgotten my account information. After making a new account, I've made it to level 32.

What should I be doing? Are there certain ways to level at a decent pace other than client orders from Franka? Help ;_;

Emergency Quests give a boatload of exp.

manthisis
May 11, 2014, 11:07 PM
so for the fighter recommendation quest, do you have to defeat vol dragon purely with wired lances or just make your last hit a wired lance? im having trouble.

IndigoNovember
May 11, 2014, 11:10 PM
Levels on Status Ailment affixes only affect duration/damage and not proc rate correct? So if I wanted to make an all class twin machine gun with mirage for Luther, I can just go with Mirage I and do just as well as Mirage V, correct?

Sanguine2009
May 11, 2014, 11:27 PM
that is correct, for that purpose mirage I works just as well as mirage V

manthisis
May 11, 2014, 11:31 PM
anybody on ship 2 willing to help me kill vol dragon on hard mode? cant seem to do it as a hunter using only wired lances

Kondibon
May 11, 2014, 11:37 PM
anybody on ship 2 willing to help me kill vol dragon on hard mode? cant seem to do it as a hunter using only wired lancesFor the "defeat x enemy with y weapon" COs you only have to finish them with it, so you can use a weapon you're more comfortable with untill the second "the enemy is getting weaker" message.

If you still need help, what's your screen name, I can give you a hand.

manthisis
May 11, 2014, 11:44 PM
For the "defeat x enemy with y weapon" COs you only have to finish them with it, so you can use a weapon you're more comfortable with untill the second "the enemy is getting weaker" message.

If you still need help, what's your screen name, I can give you a hand.

my id? its manthisis0

thank you, by the way. my in game character name is Iris

IndigoNovember
May 11, 2014, 11:47 PM
that is correct, for that purpose mirage I works just as well as mirage V

Thank you.

BrainDps
May 11, 2014, 11:49 PM
So I'm a ranger now but when I unlock gunner I'm going to switch to gunner and then subclass ranger.

Is it safe to say that a pure R atk mag is the way to go?

Thanks

Stihdjia
May 12, 2014, 12:14 AM
Hey can any1 tell me how to delete my character in pso2es? It wont allow me to delete my old char or create a new one. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app in the phone but it sticks to the same character and it wont even allow me to connect to a new account to create a new one. Any fix?

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 12:14 AM
any tips as a starting fighter? they seem liek a complicated class and im not sure how to use them. like how do i utilize dashing? should i get step attack asap? what PAs in what order?

Evangelion X.XX
May 12, 2014, 12:38 AM
^See YumiCakes' YouTube Video on Dashing. It's awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig-4y0rcNQM

Note:

Be forewarned, there are certain T.Daggers that cause really bad frame drops for other players with older PC, for example like the All-Class T.Daggers: Twin Reaping & Nishiki.

Also, there are some Dagger Camos that cause FPS loss as well; I'm not sure which Camos are to blame, but I remember a Thread discussing these Camos and T.Daggers (do a thread search for them).

Please refrain from using these T.Daggers and Camos for courtesy's sake.... else the Blacklist awaits you.

Aki_Yoruno
May 12, 2014, 12:41 AM
I'm on Vita FW 3.01 and I know the downloaded ver of PSO2 requires the current Vita FW to update or even play the game. Does anyone know if the cartridge ver requires this as well? Might consider buying it if it were a workaround.

ShinKai
May 12, 2014, 12:44 AM
Hey can any1 tell me how to delete my character in pso2es? It wont allow me to delete my old char or create a new one. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app in the phone but it sticks to the same character and it wont even allow me to connect to a new account to create a new one. Any fix?

I'm not sure, but have you linked it to your PSO2 account? if so, wouldn't you have to delete a character from PSO2?

If not, I don't know.

kleverkarl
May 12, 2014, 12:45 AM
Do you get FUN points for partying with non friend NPC?

Sizustar
May 12, 2014, 03:52 AM
Do you get FUN points for partying with non friend NPC?

As long it's a human npc, not story NPC

gaijin_punch
May 12, 2014, 06:01 AM
If I buy another skill tree, can I flip between the two any time I want (w/o paying AC)?

Sizustar
May 12, 2014, 06:10 AM
If I buy another skill tree, can I flip between the two any time I want (w/o paying AC)?

Yes, you can switch at the skill point NPC anytime.
You can even rename them.
And if you use the ALl reset pass that Sega gave out recently, ALL skill tree that you have can be reset with all SP earned unused.

BlueCast Boy
May 12, 2014, 06:12 AM
How many Hits does Iru Grants do?

Arada
May 12, 2014, 06:26 AM
3 uncharged, 10 charged, I think.

BrainDps
May 12, 2014, 07:01 AM
So I'm a ranger now but when I unlock gunner I'm going to switch to gunner and then subclass ranger.

Is it safe to say that a pure R atk mag is the way to go?

Thanks

Ephidiel
May 12, 2014, 07:11 AM
So you are going to be a support gunner or weak point gunner? Pure r atk is a good choice imo

final_attack
May 12, 2014, 10:09 AM
Oh right, a little bit of question about Falz Luther.

When do we start breaking crystals and the beak(?) ? Should I aim for breaking parts right from the start? Or waiting for the area near the crystals glow (colorful)?

Thank you.

Sizustar
May 12, 2014, 11:12 AM
Oh right, a little bit of question about Falz Luther.

When do we start breaking crystals and the beak(?) ? Should I aim for breaking parts right from the start? Or waiting for the area near the crystals glow (colorful)?

Thank you.

Crystal are only breakable on second phase

First phase, focus on b reaking Chest clock, and arm armor - > Shoulder Eye.
Unless you aren't interested in those drop, then just put all attack on center clock after breaking it with Mirage type tech or attack.

final_attack
May 12, 2014, 11:15 AM
Ah, I see, so I've done it wrong earlier ==" I was attacking the beak-like things on cape(?) and crystals since the beginning.

Thank you for the info ^o^

Kietsu
May 12, 2014, 12:46 PM
Ah, I see, so I've done it wrong earlier ==" I was attacking the beak-like things on cape(?) and crystals since the beginning.

Thank you for the info ^o^

Yes, it's not too obvious visually - but when the game starts letting you lock onto the little crystal bits, that's when you should start gunning for them.

Bit of a question for people who've had to fight Bird Falz the slow way: After you've broken his beak off, can you still still stun him in that phase of the fight?

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 05:34 PM
is there a fighter guide somewhere where i can learn all of the mechanics and such? dashing and using the right PA's is confusing.

If not, can somebody answer these questions for me:

how do i utilize dashing? should i put a point in step attack early?

what PAs are the best to use in order on the weapon pallete? this might be just up to preference, but wondering if theres an actual best (im using only twin daggers, btw)

how do you stay aerial for a while as to utilize the twin daggers the best?

any other mechanics i should know?

KatsuraJun
May 12, 2014, 05:36 PM

Staying aerial with TDs revolves around using Symphonic Drive and your shift command (the tiny spin).

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 05:43 PM

Staying aerial with TDs revolves around using Symphonic Drive and your shift command (the tiny spin).

yeah, people say fighters are all about dodging and dashing and staying in the air. is there any part of their kit that revolves around dashing besides being mobile?

KatsuraJun
May 12, 2014, 06:18 PM
yeah, people say fighters are all about dodging and dashing and staying in the air. is there any part of their kit that revolves around dashing besides being mobile?

it depends on the weapon you're using at the moment. daggers won't be dashing as much as knuckles or TD's because they can block things so they don't always need to evade.

you're supposed to use all 3 weapons though since they all have a different use.

infiniteeverlasting
May 12, 2014, 06:24 PM
how much are the rare drop boosts on random enemy attack rankings?

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 07:55 PM
People say Symphonic Drive is a good Twin Dagger PA, but how do you stick to your target and stay in melee range after using it? Do you have to press shift and sacrifice the second half of the damage of that PA?

infiniteeverlasting
May 12, 2014, 08:00 PM
People say Symphonic Drive is a good Twin Dagger PA, but how do you stick to your target and stay in melee range after using it? Do you have to press shift and sacrifice the second half of the damage of that PA?

symph drive gets good when you have the level 16 version of it, its damage is pretty ridiculous, especially at full t. dagger gear. Its a good PA because you fill up gear when you use it and at the same time it does very decent damage. Symph drive's only draw back is it brings you away from the enemy, so dont use it on mobs, its more of a boss/single target PA.

KatsuraJun
May 12, 2014, 08:00 PM

You're supposed to time the shift press to cancel the backwards launch but not the second part of the damage, if that makes sense. In other words, you'll launch backwards, but only slightly depending on how well you time it since you're cutting it off with the shift command.

larthejust
May 12, 2014, 08:01 PM
I have a question regarding the cathedral suit costume. I have seen a cathedral suit that was all black and had black where the purple is and white where the gold is. I was wondering does anyone know about this?

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 08:11 PM
You're supposed to time the shift press to cancel the backwards launch but not the second part of the damage, if that makes sense. In other words, you'll launch backwards, but only slightly depending on how well you time it since you're cutting it off with the shift command.

Ahh, okay. So like would a common combo be:

Symphonic Drive--> cancel after 2nd hit ->> Bloody Sarabande >> other attacks?

also, should i rush step attack in my skill tree then just put the rest of the points in?

where do you get level 16 PAs? i never see them on the player shop

Evangelion X.XX
May 12, 2014, 08:19 PM
^You cannot get lvl. 16 PA's in shops... you have to find them from enemies that drop them. In shop, the highest lvl. that you can sell/buy is lvl. 10.

KatsuraJun
May 12, 2014, 08:20 PM
Bloody Sarabande is more of an AoE mobbing tool. Stick to spamming 16 Symphonic since that offers higher single target damage with TDs. Or Deadly Archer/Backhand Smash with Double sabers/Fists respectively depending on the situation.

11+ level PAs can't be bought, unfortunately. You have to get lucky and have them drop. 11-15 drops on VH, 11-16 drops on SH.

As for skills, these are the core skills you should probably be rushing for. Flesh out into other things afterwards based on the builds posted by other users in the forum and what you're aiming for.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?07fbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0lbIn 00000000ebrbGBIbGFIb00000lb000000lb000009b0000000I b0000000Ib000000j

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 08:20 PM
Bloody Sarabande is more of an AoE mobbing tool. Stick to spamming 16 Symphonic since that offers higher single target damage with TDs. Or Deadly Archer/Backhand Smash with Double sabers/Fists respectively depending on the situation.

11+ level PAs can't be bought, unfortunately. You have to get lucky and have them drop. 11-15 drops on VH, 11-16 drops on SH.

As for skills, these are the core skills you should probably be rushing for. Flesh out into other things afterwards based on the builds posted by other users in the forum and what you're aiming for.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?07fbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0lbIn 00000000ebrbGBIbGFIb00000lb000000lb000009b0000000I b0000000Ib000000j

ah okay. thanks a ton for your guys' help. i just thought bloody sarabande was good cuz when i watch fighters on youtube solo bosses on SH, they constantly spam both Symphonic Drive and Bloody Sarabande depending on their situation. And also, what use does the shift button have besides cancelling symphonic drive's knockback and blocking? i heard it resets combos and helps you stay in this air, is this true?

infiniteeverlasting
May 12, 2014, 08:24 PM
Edit: the discs drop apparently drop from SH rappies and rockbears.

KatsuraJun
May 12, 2014, 08:25 PM
Bloody Sarabande is also situationally good in boss rooms but not for damage (not that it does bad damage) - it has auto guard frames so if you're not feeling particularly safe, it's a lot safer to use than just about any other offensive photon art.

The shift command helps you stay in the air in the sense that it keeps you levitating (but you don't gain height.) You also can't use it twice in a row without attacking inbetween. It also adds a bar to your Twin Dagger gear, which if maxed out gives you like a 30% damage boost I believe?

I want to add that Symphonic's damage isn't impressive until you get it to level 16. It gets a huge damage boost at that point, before then, stick to Sarabande for your TD damage on bosses and Symphonic just for mid-air mobility.

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 08:28 PM
Bloody Sarabande is also situationally good in boss rooms but not for damage (not that it does bad damage) - it has auto guard frames so if you're not feeling particularly safe, it's a lot safer to use than just about any other offensive photon art.

The shift command helps you stay in the air in the sense that it keeps you levitating (but you don't gain height.) You also can't use it twice in a row without attacking inbetween. It also adds a bar to your Twin Dagger gear, which if maxed out gives you like a 30% damage boost I believe?

does it reset your combo bar? like if you have a PA set as your first on your weapon pallet and youre on your 2nd attack, if you press shift will you go back to the first PA?

KatsuraJun
May 12, 2014, 08:29 PM
That, I'm not sure, since every line in my palette is 3 of the same PA so I can't tell. <_<;; I can't hop on and check right now, sorry.

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 08:31 PM
That, I'm not sure, since every line in my palette is 3 of the same PA so I can't tell. <_<;; I can't hop on and check right now, sorry.

oh, okay, thank you. last thing, is having 3 of the same PAs on your pallete better than having 3 different ones (ex. symphonic drive, bloody sarabande, facet folia)

KatsuraJun
May 12, 2014, 08:33 PM
I prefer having 3 of the same because I don't really have to worry about which step of the combo it's on. Generally there won't be more than 6 PAs you need (if even that many), so as long as you bind the 1-6 palette slots to 1-6 on your keyboard, it's really easy to swap inbetween them, even mid-combo.

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 08:34 PM
I prefer having 3 of the same because I don't really have to worry about which step of the combo it's on. Generally there won't be more than 6 PAs you need (if even that many), so as long as you bind the 1-6 palette slots to 1-6 on your keyboard, it's really easy to swap inbetween them, even mid-combo.

i cant seem to figure out how to bind weapon palletes to the 1-6 on the keyboard. IK its bound through the numberpad but i cant use that while using a mouse so..

Ephidiel
May 12, 2014, 08:39 PM
you can change it in the settings to switch the Shortcut to 1-6 and change the Subpallete short to the numpad

KatsuraJun
May 12, 2014, 08:40 PM
Well, I can at least show you that without having my laptop overheat.

http://i.imgur.com/JFy759A.jpg

You're going to have to swap your subpalette binds though since they're on 1-10 by default, I put them on F1-F10

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 09:42 PM
so whats the sequence for step attack dashing? i know its just dash-step attack- dash and so on, but sometimes the step attack goes off and other times it doesnt

KatsuraJun
May 12, 2014, 09:43 PM
Are you using double tap directional keys for dashing or the x button?

Try the x button if you aren't.

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 09:46 PM
Are you using double tap directional keys for dashing or the x button?

Try the x button if you aren't.

that fixes so much.

thanks

infiniteeverlasting
May 12, 2014, 09:49 PM
that fixes so much.

thanks

heres a little dash tutorial. it'll teach you how to quad dash... or maybe even penta dash, but you need a decent pc to do this.

Sinon
May 12, 2014, 09:55 PM
How can I get this voice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avWP89cY9y8

milranduil
May 12, 2014, 09:56 PM

heres a little dash tutorial. it'll teach you how to quad dash... or maybe even penta dash, but you need a decent pc to do this.

You can penta on a craptop let alone basically any PC.

infiniteeverlasting
May 12, 2014, 10:02 PM
You can penta on a craptop let alone basically any PC.

well.... weapon switching... kinda doesnt work for me easily... there is a huge lag, i wish i can video record it... but i would immediately crash... and my router is also pretty goddamn old.

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 10:04 PM

yeah my latency is balls so ill just stick to step attack dashing, which is awesome and very convenient

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 10:11 PM
Which is the best Fighter build out of these?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218099

infiniteeverlasting
May 12, 2014, 10:14 PM
Which is the best Fighter build out of these?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218099

based on your preference, there was a fight about it just a few moments ago ^^; everyone has their own opinions

Vampy
May 12, 2014, 10:18 PM
How can I get this voice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avWP89cY9y8

Copy and paste it in to the visiphone.

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 10:19 PM
based on your preference, there was a fight about it just a few moments ago ^^; everyone has their own opinions

aah, okay, so is the PP Slayer DPS build viable? I would rather have more reliable damage against everything rather than just mobs

milranduil
May 12, 2014, 10:19 PM
well.... weapon switching... kinda doesnt work for me easily... there is a huge lag, i wish i can video record it... but i would immediately crash... and my router is also pretty goddamn old.

1) Turn settings down. Not sure how if anyone weapon switch lags you that you survive playing in any kind of MPA...

2) If so, what weapon switches specifically are lagging you? All?

infiniteeverlasting
May 12, 2014, 10:32 PM
1) Turn settings down. Not sure how if anyone weapon switch lags you that you survive playing in any kind of MPA...

2) If so, what weapon switches specifically are lagging you? All?

I'm on the lowest setting possible (tweaked from the launcher) and all weapons make me lag, it's hell in mpas as well, tbh I shouldn't be playing this game.

I just kinda get used to the lag and predict where the goldradahs end up after the next frame skip.

Keep in mind, I'm playing on something that's just one step away from being a chrome book, maybe even worse.

moorebounce
May 12, 2014, 10:37 PM
Where would I find Falz Hunar outside of the Wild Easter EQ?

Vampy
May 12, 2014, 10:47 PM
Depends what level are you?

NexusAZ
May 12, 2014, 10:54 PM
Where would I find Falz Hunar outside of the Wild Easter EQ?

Hunar can spawn in one of the Urban EQs as the final boss and can spawn as the boss in Ruins Advanced Quest.

moorebounce
May 12, 2014, 11:10 PM
Depends what level are you?

All my Characters are in the high 60s

Hunar can spawn in one of the Urban EQs as the final boss and can spawn as the boss in Ruins Advanced Quest.

Thank you

manthisis
May 12, 2014, 11:59 PM
so does twin dagger's shift move block all attacks that arent aoe?

Vampy
May 13, 2014, 12:07 AM
It can guard any move as far as I can remember. It all comes down to timing.

.Jack
May 13, 2014, 12:20 AM
Question for people that post very large screen shots:

It seems my max output is limited to 1080p wide shots. Is there a program you use to tweak that into going into a higher resolution for better image capture? Using a pretty decent machine w/ geforce gtx 860M video card if that helps.

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 02:57 AM
Question for people that post very large screen shots:

It seems my max output is limited to 1080p wide shots. Is there a program you use to tweak that into going into a higher resolution for better image capture? Using a pretty decent machine w/ geforce gtx 860M video card if that helps.

It's not a program, it's called downsampling, and you just have to use custom resolution.

marcus3708
May 13, 2014, 03:22 AM
anyone know if you can craft weapons that have both S-atk and T-atk?

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 03:29 AM
anyone know if you can craft weapons that have both S-atk and T-atk?

Read here for information on crafting first
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_2.php#nav

Crafting isn't making new origional weapon.
It's replacing stat with set stat on existing weapon
And isn't recomended for 10* gear with it's min damage bonus variance

GoldenFalcon
May 13, 2014, 04:49 AM
If my mag is level 174 and I level up 3 stats at once, does it become level 177?

Kikikiki
May 13, 2014, 04:59 AM
You most likely won't be able to level all three stats at once, because this game still keeps track of fraction values, i.e if you have 174 R-ATK on your current mag, and something around 0.98 DEX and 0.99 S-ATK, then when you feed the appropriate items, the one with the higher fraction will level up first.

GoldenFalcon
May 13, 2014, 05:02 AM
You most likely

Your post is wrong btw

Kikikiki
May 13, 2014, 05:03 AM
It's not my wrong if you keep the little shit side to yourself and refuses to listen to other people's opinions.

GoldenFalcon
May 13, 2014, 05:06 AM
It's not my wrong if you keep the little shit side to yourself and refuses to listen to other people's opinions.

I don't want opinions. That's not how a game system works.

Kikikiki
May 13, 2014, 05:09 AM
Well I'm sorry for trying to be helpful.

milranduil
May 13, 2014, 05:09 AM
Kikikiki is 100% correct though, so it's not really an opinion... the stat that is the closest to leveling is what goes up from 174 -> 175.

GoldenFalcon
May 13, 2014, 05:16 AM
Kikikiki is 100% correct though, so it's not really an opinion... the stat that is the closest to leveling is what goes up from 174 -> 175.

Perhaps kiki is correct, but, it raises a question

Higher level stats need more points
When the higher stat has more percent, a lower level stat could still be closer to leveling

starwhisper
May 13, 2014, 05:18 AM
How to unlock matter board 12?

I completed all key matters from matter board 11 and I cleared (well, suffered story mode spam) the last story quest available: "the beginning of the end". But now Xion is just standing in the lobby telling me
"すまない。
新たな偶時を掴むための準備には
今しばらくの時間を要する。"
And she won't give me MB12. What to do please?

Kikikiki
May 13, 2014, 05:27 AM
Perhaps kiki is correct, but, it raises a question

Higher level stats need more points
When the higher stat has more percent, a lower level stat could still be closer to leveling

So, what is your point?

The lower stat that is closer to leveling will level up.

The mag's level will become 175.

What else?

Or am I misunderstanding your point somewhere? Please elaborate.

GoldenFalcon
May 13, 2014, 05:29 AM
So, what is your point?

The lower stat that is closer to leveling will level up.

The mag's level will become 175.

What else?

Or am I misunderstanding your point somewhere? Please elaborate.

First you said the "higher fraction" will level up, and now you contradicted yourself

That's what else lol

Kikikiki
May 13, 2014, 05:34 AM
First you said the "higher fraction" will level up, and now you contradicted yourself

That's what else lol

I think you're misunderstanding me.

The fraction here is what's behind the actual points needed to level up.

You know that feeding items to your mag gives it points right?

Here's an example:

Say your mag is at 174 R-ATK, with 2.89 points remaining to level up to 175 R-ATK

Meanwhile, the DEX value is 0.99 point remaining to level up to 1 DEX.

If you feed it a ranged weapon, the DEX value will inevitably raise up to 1.

So you're left with a Lv.175 mag, with 174 R-ATK and 1 DEX.

Am I clear?

You can stop your childish self-assumption now.

starwhisper
May 13, 2014, 05:42 AM

I completed all key matters from matter board 11 and I cleared (well, suffered story mode spam) the last story quest available: "the beginning of the end". But now Xion is just standing in the lobby telling me
"すまない。
新たな偶時を掴むための準備には
今しばらくの時間を要する。"

Kikikiki
May 13, 2014, 05:45 AM

"すまない。
新たな偶時を掴むための準備には
今しばらくの時間を要する。"

I believe you don't have to clear MB11 to receive MB12.

Do you notice any story quest that only has an icon of half a crown? You might end up with one of those after completing MB10 even though you've done all of them before that, as far as I can remember.

starwhisper
May 13, 2014, 05:50 AM
Thank you for your answer.
All the quests in my story mode tab have the full crown.
The game allowed me to go from MB9 to MB11 maybe I need to complete MB9 and MB10? I hope not lol

icewindz
May 13, 2014, 05:50 AM
Technique crafting, worth anything?

Kikikiki
May 13, 2014, 05:55 AM
Thank you for your answer.
All the quests in my story mode tab have the full crown.
The game allowed me to go from MB9 to MB11 maybe I need to complete MB9 and MB10? I hope not lol

Ah, yes. Instead of completing MB11, you need to complete both MB9 and MB10 in order to unlock MB12. A pain in the ass, but that's always what MB is.

AsuravonD
May 13, 2014, 05:56 AM
What is the potential for berdysh? The 12* partisan

Kikikiki
May 13, 2014, 06:08 AM
What is the potential for berdysh? The 12* partisan

It's an upgraded Spirit Collector with 20%/30%/40% at Lv1/2/3 respectively.

Kind of a bullshit potential if you ask me.

final_attack
May 13, 2014, 06:10 AM
Um, question about color change pass .....

Do it must be a standard Rappy Suit? Or it can be other colored / version of Rappy Suit?

Thank you.

Arada
May 13, 2014, 06:11 AM

Yes, some techs gain large benefits from it.

Zondeel has a lvl2 recipe that increases its range.
Shifta, Deband and Resta all have a recipe that decreases the time between ticks and has the side effect of making these techs have 5 ticks instead of 4.
Sazan and Foie have recipe that decreases dramatically their PP cost (to 10PP or so if you're lucky).
Zonde has a level 2 recipe that reduces its casting time making a near-instant charged cast (it's become my fastest tech to charge).

Things to remember:
Loss/Gains in Power are marginal except for Namegid lvl 2 recipe so don't try to get them or do not take it as a super bad demerit.
Reduce Charge Time and Reduce Interval are the 2 best things you can get out of crafted techniques.
PP Cost reduction comes next (it's sometimes very significant).

Most of the recipes are worthless but there are really good ones too.

Last thing to note: it's a long and costly process to level up your crafting level so don't expect lvl 2 recipes very soon (unless you make requests).

Sizustar

What do you mean?

Do you mean is it worth the time to craft tech?
Or the item that is required to craft tech?

First one, yes, Crafting can reduce PP usage, reduce cast time, increase range, or damage on specific tech.

2nd one, you can just do a search in playershop to see the current price of said item.

Arada

Do it must be a standard Rappy Suit? Or it can be other colored / version of Rappy Suit?

Thank you.

Any Rappy Suit works.

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 06:13 AM

Thank you.

Should be the Yellow and White rappy suits.

NexusAZ
May 13, 2014, 06:14 AM
Any Rappy Suit works.

Not quite. Unless it was changed only the colored Rappy Suits will work. Stuff like the Latan/Lovey/Saint/etc. won't work.

Should be the Yellow and White rappy suits.

Any of the regular suits will suffice. The whole rainbow works for it.

Arada
May 13, 2014, 06:16 AM
Not quite. Unless it was changed only the colored Rappy Suits will work. Stuff like the Latan/Lovey/Saint/etc. won't work.

Ah yes, that's what I had in mind but I didn't express it properly. Thanks for correcting.

final_attack
May 13, 2014, 06:18 AM
Oh, thank you very much for the reply =)

starwhisper
May 13, 2014, 06:19 AM
Ah, yes. Instead of completing MB11, you need to complete both MB9 and MB10 in order to unlock MB12. A pain in the ass, but that's always what MB is.

Thank you so much !

AsuravonD
May 13, 2014, 06:25 AM
It's an upgraded Spirit Collector with 20%/30%/40% at Lv1/2/3 respectively.

Kind of a bullshit potential if you ask me.

Meh, thx for info

Indignation Judgment
May 13, 2014, 08:44 AM
Talis Tech Bonus Lv5:

On a technic that has 200 base power, does it compute as 220, or 240?

Dark Matter
May 13, 2014, 09:01 AM
I have the Ketos Proi mag blast and when I was rearranging my subpalletes
it said Ketos Proi Lvl 1. Does that mean you can evolve your mag blast? If so
How do you do it?

Rien
May 13, 2014, 09:15 AM
You can't.

At least, not yet.

FerrickX
May 13, 2014, 09:15 AM
^
you technically can't, it stays at lvl 1, but it gets stronger as you level your mag

my question: someone said that i can change the element on my 12* Orochi without the need for another orochi, just another katana will work, can someone clarify me on this?

gigawuts
May 13, 2014, 09:17 AM
^
you technically can't, it stays at lvl 1, but it gets stronger as you level your mag

my question: someone said that i can change the element on my 12* Orochi without the need for another orochi, just another katana will work, can someone clarify me on this?

You don't need another orochi, you just need any other 12* katana.

Except, you know, the orochi is the only 12* katana, so they didn't know what they were talking about.

FerrickX
May 13, 2014, 09:23 AM
You don't need another orochi, you just need any other 12* katana.

Except, you know, the orochi is the only 12* katana, so they didn't know what they were talking about.

as i expected... so in the end i still needed another orochi lol

Dark Matter
May 13, 2014, 09:35 AM
You can't.

At least, not yet.

Thank you

ArataWata
May 13, 2014, 10:17 AM
A question about PSO2es.

Do you win anything different from the fun scratches on PSO2es? Or is it just chips to use in the game, anything you can that has any purpose inside PSO2?

Rien
May 13, 2014, 10:31 AM
Nope. Only PC/Vitapso2 usable thing is soul receptor iirc and I think that's a drop.

omgwtflolbbl
May 13, 2014, 10:31 AM
Is it currently impossible to get a Yasminkov7000 or whatever other DF Elder specific items there were?

branflakes325
May 13, 2014, 10:33 AM
Everything about Shifta that I can't seem to find anywhere:

1. How does Shifta increase overall damage output? Is there a base percentage increase or is it a fixed number based on the level of your Shifta that gets added to all attacking stats?

2. How does Shifta Advance work? Is it a percent increase of the previously mentioned fixed number or a percent increase of a percent increase?

3. Does Shifta Critical stack with other critical hit modifiers by directly adding the percentage? Or is it a maximum 25% increase after factoring in a hypothetical 50% increase? (thus being a 12.5% increase for a total of 62.5% crit rate vs. a simple 75% crit rate)

4. Is it possible to have the merits of both Multi Shifta and Concentrated Shifta, or do they automatically replace one another entirely? I assume the latter, but I would like clarification anyway.

5. I assume Extend Assist applies to all players affected by Shifta equally, so correct me if I'm wrong. Lastly, with Long Time Assist does it take 12 ticks (15 seconds each) to reach the full duration (180 seconds) of Shifta/Deband?

Whether or not Shifta builds are viable, I would like to at least know how the technique and its modifiers work lol

Thank you, and hello!

azuremobius9
May 13, 2014, 10:34 AM
Afraid so.

Agastya
May 13, 2014, 10:37 AM
shifta increases attack based on the target's base attack stats. since it increases the "base" stat, it also increases how much you heal with resta.

the 'power' displayed for shifta is the amount they're multiplied by. shifta advance multiplies this multiplier (so if it's a 120% increase, and advance is a 20% boost to it, it becomes an overall 144% boost)

i believe shifta critical stacks with others.

multi and concentrated shifta replace each other. multi is generally more useful.

extend assist increases the maximum time shifta/deband can be applied. by default, it's 60 seconds with +15 seconds a tick. until recently, it could go from 120~180 seconds at 15 seconds a tick, until long time assist happened.

long time assist adds 30 seconds to each tick, making each tick be worth 45s base. this makes shifta a lot less of a chore to keep up, if you plan on maining techer anyway.

shifta is useful. don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

(correct me if i'm wrong on shifta advance/crit stuff, i rarely use them beyond required levels.)

branflakes325
May 13, 2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks! You've answered all my questions except for one. How much is the initial attack increase of an un-modified Shifta? I assume the increase is based on the Shifta level, but I still don't know how much the increase is for each level. Cirnopedia lists the "power" of each level, ranging from 180-195. Those numbers don't make sense if its anything other than a fixed ATK increase, and I doubt they're accurate.

HiOc
May 13, 2014, 11:05 AM
Is there a way to disable OTP if your phone isn't operating?

Daiyousei
May 13, 2014, 11:09 AM
Is there a way to disable OTP if your phone isn't operating?

There's a guide on bumped if I remember, for both setting up and removing otp.

HiOc
May 13, 2014, 11:33 AM
There's a guide on bumped if I remember, for both setting up and removing otp.
Well, the thing is.... I need a OTP to remove my OTP. Seeing as my phone isn't working, I was wondering if there is a way to get around this in case a problem like this ever arose.

Skyly
May 13, 2014, 11:50 AM
Well, the thing is.... I need a OTP to remove my OTP. Seeing as my phone isn't working, I was wondering if there is a way to get around this in case a problem like this ever arose.

Maybe recover your otp account on another phone you will have access too?

Kikikiki
May 13, 2014, 12:31 PM

If you have recorded your OTP information such as nickname/serial key and secret answer to your question, you can transfer your account to BlueStacks or another phone and proceed from there. Otherwise, I don't know how.

Ciel~Homura
May 13, 2014, 01:57 PM
Can you set up OTP for a storage and remove OTP statue later and still keep your OTP storage ?

Skyly
May 13, 2014, 02:16 PM
Can you set up OTP for a storage and remove OTP statue later and still keep your OTP storage ?

I doubt it.

GoldenFalcon
May 13, 2014, 02:17 PM
(correct me if i'm wrong on shifta advance)

Sadly, you are

taken from the swiki:
"With Shifta level 16 and Shifta Advance 10, the combined power is 19.5×1.25=24.375%"

It's basically an extra +5% base stats

branflakes325
May 13, 2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, GoldenFalcon.

Discovered the answer to my own question with in-game calculations. 180 power Shifta is an 18% increase, while 195% power Shifta (level 16) should be a 19.5% increase. I don't see why they would make the differences so small between level 1 and level 16.

One more question, what is the mag evolution given as a reward for completing the front side of the current Bingo card?

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 02:34 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, GoldenFalcon.

Discovered the answer to my own question with in-game calculations. 180 power Shifta is an 18% increase, while 195% power Shifta (level 16) should be a 19.5% increase. I don't see why they would make the differences so small between level 1 and level 16.

One more question, what is the mag evolution given as a reward for completing the front side of the current Bingo card?

Lilipa in Easter EGG

marcus3708
May 13, 2014, 02:43 PM
Read here for information on crafting first
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_2.php#nav

Crafting isn't making new origional weapon.
It's replacing stat with set stat on existing weapon
And isn't recomended for 10* gear with it's min damage bonus variance

so your saying crafting weapons always have set stats and I can't say make a spear that has S-atk and T-atk for example?

Skyly
May 13, 2014, 02:47 PM
so your saying crafting weapons always have set stats and I can't say make a spear that has S-atk and T-atk for example?

Correct. Unless that spear already had S-ATK and T-ATK
What you can also so is craft you weapon to make it usable by different classes.
This is done by obtaining a great success once your weapon has been crafted.

Totori
May 13, 2014, 02:55 PM

Yes in a way you can, by adding abilities onto said Spear. I feel like people aren't giving crafting weapons enough credit, in a way they do have set stats, but these stats can be an complete buff compared to how weapon was.

Technique I-IV will add some T-Atk onto any weapon.

gigawuts
May 13, 2014, 03:02 PM
Yes in a way you can, by adding abilities onto said Spear. I feel like people aren't giving crafting weapons enough credit, in a way they do have set stats, but these stats can be an complete buff compared to how weapon was.

Yeah, 10-35.

Meanwhile the satk is like 1k.

Enjoy your 12 damage sazans.

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 03:29 PM

Crafting 10* losses the 90% minimum damage bonus, adding ability as you stated, doesn't add enough to justify using sword/spear/wirelance as a casting weapon.

If you want to cast spell as a Hu/Ra/Br, it might be easier to just get a all class tali with good t-atk.

Kamekur
May 13, 2014, 03:34 PM

Crafting is not the same as affixing.

Miles064
May 13, 2014, 05:29 PM
So is there a point in using a rod if i have talis tech bonus maxed? I was looking for a good dark latent wep for Il/Namegid and ive found 2. Would セイメイキカミ(Seimei Kikami ) be better than ウェドルパーク(Weddle Park ) for this? The talis is like half the price of the rod too so if the dmg is close ill just get the talis.

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 05:34 PM
So is there a point in using a rod if i have talis tech bonus maxed? I was looking for a good dark latent wep for Il/Namegid and ive found 2. Would セイメイキカミ(Seimei Kikami ) be better than ウェドルパーク(Weddle Park ) for this? The talis is like half the price of the rod too so if the dmg is close ill just get the talis.

That would depend on the element of the tech and the latent of the rod.
For Dark, the Tali is better, if you have tali bonus, and get 50% dark element.

Rakurai
May 13, 2014, 05:35 PM
The talis is slightly better for dark damage, but rods don't have to deal with the inconvenience of replacing the talis every four techs or if you need a heal.

milranduil
May 13, 2014, 05:39 PM
The talis will do 8-10% more damage assuming you have Talis bonus maxed, same affixes and both 50% dark.

Miles064
May 13, 2014, 05:41 PM
Well the rod is like 15mil for a +10 and latent lvl 1 while the talis is 4.2mil with +10 latent lvl 1 so if its not that big of a gap id just get the talis cause the most ive ever had at one time is 12mil... If the gap was huge then id just bi the bullet and try to save up.

Miles064
May 13, 2014, 05:42 PM
The talis will do 8-10% more damage assuming you have Talis bonus maxed, same affixes and both 50% dark.

Oh, talis it is then. Sucks for rods i guess.

DJ9K
May 13, 2014, 07:05 PM
So, I guess quick question(and yes, I'm new here)

I'm working on getting all the quests in the game done(OCD, don't judge) and I've been working on the weather observation quests since I got them.. however some of them I simply cannot complete.
Are there any necessities that one must complete in order to see certain weather effects?

FerrickX
May 13, 2014, 07:13 PM
So, I guess quick question(and yes, I'm new here)

I'm working on getting all the quests in the game done(OCD, don't judge) and I've been working on the weather observation quests since I got them.. however some of them I simply cannot complete.
Are there any necessities that one must complete in order to see certain weather effects?

it's random

oh and welcome :P

DJ9K
May 13, 2014, 07:16 PM
it's random

oh and welcome :P

Thank you, thank you, and Dammit xD

Is it possible to just stand still.. afk for a couple hours or so, and get the weather effects? xD

Daiyousei
May 13, 2014, 07:40 PM
Thank you, thank you, and Dammit xD

Is it possible to just stand still.. afk for a couple hours or so, and get the weather effects? xD

It's possible, but it seems more likely for me if something's going on, rather than just sitting still in map, I know I've seen a lot in TAs, even though the quest is scripted, the weather is not.

Gardios
May 13, 2014, 07:42 PM
I believe the weather is influenced by PSE? I know that I've waited in Floating Continent for the weather for over 5h once and it didn't trigger.

manthisis
May 13, 2014, 07:56 PM
are EQs announced 15 till the hour and start at the hour every time or just at common intervals?

example: announced at 2:45, starts at 3:00

or could it do something like this: announced at 3:00, starts at 3:15

Ephidiel
May 13, 2014, 08:01 PM
always 15 before the hour

manthisis
May 13, 2014, 08:03 PM
always 15 before the hour

thanks. also, is there a way to translate the twitter EQ bot into PST? or perhaps is there some english/american time EQ announcer out there somewhere?

Cyber Meteor
May 13, 2014, 08:06 PM
@Gardios

Weather only changes if you are fighting ennemies. If not, it will be the standard weather (or it will get back to after a random amount of time, can be 3 seconds or up to 30 seconds, if you already have a special weather) until you fight again. So if you just "wait here", weather will never change.
And PSE is influenced by weather (occurs more frequently under special weather) not the opposite.

manthisis
May 13, 2014, 08:36 PM
While fighting bosses as a fighter, should you avoid damage with dash or shift? im pretty sure its shift since it can both block and keep you airborne, but just making sure

Dnd
May 13, 2014, 08:43 PM
While fighting bosses as a fighter, should you avoid damage with dash or shift? im pretty sure its shift since it can both block and keep you airborne, but just making sure

In the air and with daggers, shift action everytime, to keep airborne.
On the ground, depends what the attack is and what weapon i have equiped at the time.

manthisis
May 13, 2014, 08:45 PM
In the air and with daggers, shift action everytime, to keep airborne.
On the ground, depends what the attack is and what weapon i have equiped at the time.

thanks. also, is it possible to use twin daggers for everything? bloody sarabande for killing mobs/damage on bosses and just everything else for boss fights? i find twin daggers REALLY fun and im JW if the twin sabers/knuckles are really necessary.

Dnd
May 13, 2014, 08:54 PM
thanks. also, is it possible to use twin daggers for everything? bloody sarabande for killing mobs/damage on bosses and just everything else for boss fights? i find twin daggers REALLY fun and im JW if the twin sabers/knuckles are really necessary.

I do when im lazy hahaha. Bloody sarabande is great for trash killing and symphonic drive (16, at least) is really nice dps on 95% of the bosses (and for the other 5%, im lazy and still do it).

Double sabers are nice and offer huge dps with deadly archer, but small range and no guard-frames unless you time acro effect perfectly or dodge right. (Double sabers have quite afew nice PA's, but you dont see them at all because deadly archer trumps them all in damage)

Knuckles.. im not the person to ask.. i just use meteor fist and pray for good RNG >_>

SephYuyX
May 13, 2014, 09:23 PM
Unless i'm missing it, why doesnt PSOWorld have a PSO2 database similiar to the other installments? With the news being 100% PSO2 stuff on the main page, I find it curious.

Naimmis
May 13, 2014, 09:29 PM
Hello,

I've been on hiatus from PSO2 since the beginning of the year because of RL reasons. So I'm finally back and am really confused about some of the new changes.

My main class (FO) is currently 48 and fire specced, before my day consisted of completing as many AQs as I could while finding groups for TACOs. This was how I got experience primarily.

What has changed? Are there better ways now of leveling? Did they add any other solo content I should be aware of?

I also do not have the latest weapons, my rod is a ragne soul vita striker. My talis is a Blue Crane

What should I be searching for now? How should I be building my character?

infiniteeverlasting
May 13, 2014, 09:32 PM
Hello,

I've been on hiatus from PSO2 since the beginning of the year because of RL reasons. So I'm finally back and am really confused about some of the new changes.

My main class (FO) is currently 48 and fire specced, before my day consisted of completing as many AQs as I could while finding groups for TACOs. This was how I got experience primarily.

What has changed? Are there better ways now of leveling? Did they add any other solo content I should be aware of?

I also do not have the latest weapons, my rod is a ragne soul vita striker. My talis is a Blue Crane

if you're still stuck in VH mode at level 48, you should first worry about getting to SH mode, because thats when the changes that recently happened actually matter.

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 09:35 PM
Hello,

New level cap, current max is level 70
Force recently got a new skill called element conversion, which convert the element of weapon to tech damage.
At level 5 Element conversion(Max) if the weapon element match the tech element, it's 25% more damage, if it does not match, it is 12.5%
This has made Force go rainbow element weapon(Rod/Tali) with the 16% element lv.3 latent bonus.

The current most popluar spell is dark, the Il megid, dark hand.
It is a spell that is anti-mob, and is popular with the tali bonus and element conversion, with Techer focusing on Dark.

And since you're element is fire, these are the two current fire latent rod
キュイプロウ 10* from SH Undersea AQ
ベルトロダン 11* From SH Volcano AQ

branflakes325
May 13, 2014, 10:03 PM
Quick question about a particular Bullet Bow:

Mercy of Lillipa is a bow that (according to cirnopedia) has +10 grind stats of 0 S-ATK, 367 R-ATK and 350 T-ATK. Its potential ability known as Harmonic Conversion "converts 40% of your weapon's S-ATK into T-ATK". The weapon has no S-ATK, so does that mean that the potential ability is stupid and does absolutely nothing?

Thanks

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 10:20 PM
Quick question about a particular Bullet Bow:

Mercy of Lillipa is a bow that (according to cirnopedia) has +10 grind stats of 0 S-ATK, 367 R-ATK and 350 T-ATK. Its potential ability known as Harmonic Conversion "converts 40% of your weapon's S-ATK into T-ATK". The weapon has no S-ATK, so does that mean that the potential ability is stupid and does absolutely nothing?

Thanks

It's R-atk that get converted to T-atk
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B7%E3%83%BC%E3% 83%BB%E3%82%AA%E3%83%96%E3%83%BB%E3%83%AA%E3%83%AA %E3%83%BC%E3%83%91

GoldenFalcon
May 13, 2014, 10:36 PM
The Biblas/Vibras Bow is so unfairly good that it's kinda moot

Skye-Fox713
May 13, 2014, 10:37 PM
Question about XQ's stone farming.

-I haven't really done much with XQ's so I was wondering what are the general best floors to farm stones on. (specifically the Forest XQ for crimson stones.)

-Is it worth while to do full runs 1-60 for the bonus 15 stones?

-or would it be best to wait till the Forest XQ gets the floor 1-70 25 bonus stones to farm stones for units?

NexusAZ
May 13, 2014, 10:45 PM
Question about XQ's stone farming.

-I haven't really done much with XQ's so I was wondering what are the general best floors to farm stones on. (specifically the Forest XQ for crimson stones.)

-Is it worth while to do full runs 1-60 for the bonus 15 stones?

-or would it be best to wait till the Forest XQ gets the floor 1-70 25 bonus stones to farm stones for units?

I would personally say wait a week as it will make is much easier. Considering a full unit set is 150 Ores, that would be 100+ passes to get all the ores with the 60 floor clear bonus, probably closer to 110-120 with no boost used. Next week, it will be closer to 80 passes for a set.

Edit: Just realized you said Forest and not Tundra. In that case, it's really up to you on how long you wish to wait.

AkumaYouji
May 13, 2014, 11:26 PM
Is perfect keeper for gunner activated when YOUR HP is at 100 or the ENEMIES, cause the description says increases damage dealt against enemies when HP are at 100% which to me implies that it applies to the enemies HP (since the are) but it wouldn't make sense because you would get one shot for 20% then it just goes back down which seems kind of pointless. which leads me to believe that when your own HP is at 100 you get the boost. thanks for any info.

Rendezvous
May 13, 2014, 11:28 PM
Is perfect keeper for gunner activated when YOUR HP is at 100 or the ENEMIES, cause the description says increases damage dealt against enemies when HP are at 100% which to me implies that it applies to the enemies HP (since the are) but it wouldn't make sense because you would get one shot for 20% then it just goes back down which seems kind of pointless. which leads me to believe that when your own HP is at 100 you get the boost. thanks for any info.

Your HP at 100%--meaning if you take even just 1 damage, you lose the bonus until you're back to full.

GoldenFalcon
May 13, 2014, 11:30 PM
Is perfect keeper for gunner activated when YOUR HP is at 100 or the ENEMIES

100% Player HP bonus is what Perfect Keeper is (as answered above)

100% Enemy HP bonus is called First Hit on the Ranger tree

.Jack
May 13, 2014, 11:42 PM
It's not a program, it's called downsampling, and you just have to use custom resolution.

Thanks, I looked into it and it seems I don't have that option available. Since I'm using Optimus technology the Nvidia control panel's display settings tab isn't there but in the Intel resolution settings which don't go any higher like the Nvidia panel would have. Looks like I'm stuck at 1080 shots unless there's a program that allows me to tweak that. :/

Sizustar
May 13, 2014, 11:44 PM
Thanks, I looked into it and it seems I don't have that option available. Since I'm using Optimus technology the Nvidia control panel's display settings tab isn't there but in the Intel resolution settings which don't go any higher like the Nvidia panel would have. Looks like I'm stuck at 1080 shots unless there's a program that allows me to tweak that. :/

These graphic option isn't really feasible on a laptop.
You'de need a dedicated GPU on a desktop to try these.

AkumaYouji
May 13, 2014, 11:57 PM
100% Player HP bonus is what Perfect Keeper is (as answered above)

100% Enemy HP bonus is called First Hit on the Ranger tree

Alright thanks, and to rendezvous as well. I assume that will work nicely with the Guld Milla I have stashed away for when my Gu/Ra can equip it.

Skyly
May 14, 2014, 01:57 AM
Can anyone explain the new registration campaign? Is it for new accounts only or for people who create new characters during the registration window?

NexusAZ
May 14, 2014, 02:04 AM
Can anyone explain the new registration campaign? Is it for new accounts only or for people who create new characters during the registration window?

It has to be a new account.

Skyly
May 14, 2014, 02:08 AM
It has to be a new account.

Thanks for the clarification. I was hoping for the latter but oh well.

Skye-Fox713
May 14, 2014, 02:25 AM
I would personally say wait a week as it will make is much easier. Considering a full unit set is 150 Ores, that would be 100+ passes to get all the ores with the 60 floor clear bonus, probably closer to 110-120 with no boost used. Next week, it will be closer to 80 passes for a set.

Edit: Just realized you said Forest and not Tundra. In that case, it's really up to you on how long you wish to wait.

hmm well it's true that I can wait a week and get a R-atk 11* armor with the Scarlet ore's. The only thing is that the themed set that I would like is for Crimson ore's, the only question is to wait or not to wait.

Rendezvous
May 14, 2014, 02:28 AM
hmm well it's true that I can wait a week and get a R-atk 11* armor with the Scarlet ore's. The only thing is that the themed set that I would like is for Crimson ore's, the only question is to wait or not to wait.

Why not the Tian set?

Norkturne
May 14, 2014, 02:42 AM
Question: Anyone else bumping into Ragnes as often as I do? .__.

Almost every exploration map I go to (say 75% of them) I encountered AT LEAST 1 damn Ragne.
I meet up to 2-4 Ragnes per day in like 5 free exploration maps and there was this one day I met 6 in 6 different free exploration maps in 3 planets.

Am I the only Ragne magnet here?

Rakurai
May 14, 2014, 02:52 AM
I've noticed that Darker bosses in general seem to have a higher chance of appearing on the first map of free fields, due to the main boss of the area typically not spawning there.

I've had occasional Ragne plagues in the past, as well.

Skye-Fox713
May 14, 2014, 03:24 AM
Why not the Tian set?

Because the 11* units come pre-affixed with some pretty decent abilities for those who don't like to take risks affixing their own units. In addition the Set bonus for all 11* units is +90 atk to all atk stats.

NexusAZ
May 14, 2014, 03:37 AM
Because the 11* units come pre-affixed with some pretty decent abilities for those who don't like to take risks affixing their own units. In addition the Set bonus for all 11* units is +90 atk to all atk stats.

They affixes aren't GREAT, but they work. Even so, two slot affixing usually isn't expensive unless SEGA really has it out for you. A Tian set is +90 R-ATK and 10 PP for it's set bonus. It has no inherent bonuses, but you can always craft them(which you should). It also gives you the option of a leg unit. Either way works though.

Coreven
May 14, 2014, 03:40 AM
Question: Anyone else bumping into Ragnes as often as I do? .__.

Almost every exploration map I go to (say 75% of them) I encountered AT LEAST 1 damn Ragne.
I meet up to 2-4 Ragnes per day in like 5 free exploration maps and there was this one day I met 6 in 6 different free exploration maps in 3 planets.

Am I the only Ragne magnet here?

Oh yes, we all run into Rag-nee behind every other corner. She's somewhat clingy.

Aurorra
May 14, 2014, 03:55 AM
What was the last scratch +5% attribute enhancers were in?

Rendezvous
May 14, 2014, 04:27 AM

You're not really risking much since they increased the overall success rate of [stat III] and [Spirita III] with [Quartz/Mizer/Elder Soul] effectively making it 80% across the board with 3 Souls, 100% if you use Ability Grind Sucess +20%.

( for the sake of this discussion I'll use 3 slotting as an example)

Yeah, they come pre-affixed, but you lose out on 25 of your [stat] and 7 PP per unit ([Ability III + Arma] vs [Soul] + [ Stat III] + [Spirita III]). Besides, you asked for R-ATK, which the Tian gives 90 as well as 10 PP while boasting higher defensive stats and room for a White Tail.

And you save your ores for Spellstones.

Rupikachu
May 14, 2014, 05:13 AM
Since we're talking units, i really need some melee units, for rupi (lolbraverwithuncraftedvardhaset) and raven2 (fi). Is there any set in particular i should be looking at? As i can't find a decent tian equivalent with s-atk

Coreven
May 14, 2014, 05:15 AM
You'll just have to go with blitz and/or gloam, or XQ sets.

NexusAZ
May 14, 2014, 05:31 AM
Since we're talking units, i really need some melee units, for rupi (lolbraverwithuncraftedvardhaset) and raven2 (fi). Is there any set in particular i should be looking at? As i can't find a decent tian equivalent with s-atk

Blitz/Gloam/Ringa/Vibras/Primula are all good IMO.

ArataWata
May 14, 2014, 05:40 AM
I just tried playing PSO2es again today but I keep getting this screen which redirects me to the game's Google Play's store, the game was working totally fine Yesterday.

[spoiler-box]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33123720/Screenshot_2014-04-29-13-56-03.png[/spoiler-box]

WAT DO

Coreven
May 14, 2014, 05:41 AM
Download the newest version.

Rendezvous
May 14, 2014, 05:42 AM

Gloam/Blitz with White Tail for maximum PP for spammy spam, but anything works for Braver. If you want high defense, the new Dark Falz set is pretty nice and has lovely hidden bonuses. Either those or settle for the 11* XQ ones for the 90 stat bonuses.

ArataWata
May 14, 2014, 05:44 AM
Download the newest version.

It won't let me download it though since it's 'not available in my country' and Ark's Layer site doesn't seem to have the updated version either.

Coreven
May 14, 2014, 05:48 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/