PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

KazukiQZ
Sep 24, 2014, 05:10 PM
Ra/Hu or Ra/Gu?
Rahu for consistent + JA bonus, survival/tanker skills via automate halfline and massive hunter. And you mainly use rifle and launcher.

Gura if u want to use tmg. And other skills which ate kinda situational IMO.

Edit: meant to say ragu

Aquanos
Sep 24, 2014, 05:43 PM
Why do people buy 1(s) Power III
what kind of affixing method is performed using 1(s) items

airprinzh2o
Sep 24, 2014, 05:53 PM
Why do people buy 1(s) Power III
what kind of affixing method is performed using 1(s) items

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221634

Probably this?

munekun
Sep 24, 2014, 06:13 PM
I recently got the bio bow and it currently has +60ratk and and +3pp, Mizer soul and shoot III affixed on to it. Every time i happen to check someone's gear they tend to have around 5 or so affixes on their weapon and it makes mine look like crap in comparison, lmao , which I know it is but my question is, Is it REALLY necessary to attempt to have so many affixes and is having +60 r-atk really not sufficient? Or is it crucial that you spend and ultimately waste a huge amount of meseta just to add a few more affixes?

KazukiQZ
Sep 24, 2014, 06:19 PM
Depends on the players themselves. I personally did not attempt Todo even 3 slots if it's not what intended to be my last/end game weapons.

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 24, 2014, 06:43 PM
When it comes to affixing, I think it really depends on how serious you are about PSO2 and how often you play; are you a casual and just play for fun, are you above-casual-but-below-hardcore, or are you hardcore?

Like for me, for example, I consider myself above-casual-but-not-hardcore and I play about maybe 10-15 hrs per week. So I can usually live with having 5-slots gear (not gonna go up in slots like some of the peeps here on psow). Usually making or buying 5-slotted units can be really expensive, but I think it's a good investment (more so than weapons) because usually a set of units will stay with you for a relatively long time: I have had my 5-Slotted-Gloam/White-Tail set for about maybe 6-7 months now....? Can't really remember.

And also, I think it's important to think about the total S-Atk/R-Atk/T-Atk on all units and weapon combined. For example, if you have +60 S-Atk on all units and weapon, then it amounts to +240 S-Atk. However, if you have +100 S-Atk on all units and weapon, then it amounts to +400 S-Atk which I think can be pretty significant.

I think the main thing is that after you have been playing for a while and at "end game"... you just want do things as efficiently as possible, including killing enemies/bosses asap, so that you can move on to other stuff whether it's in-game or in real life. But then, of course, there are those who likes to show off their stuff... and that's their prerogative.

Affixing stuff isn't particularly difficult, you just need a little luck and lots of money which isn't so hard to procure so long as you don't spend it "unnecessarily" on lobby actions, costumes, shiny stuff, etc. If you do your dailies, TA's, XQ's, and TD's for ex-cube fodders.... then i think you'll be fine.

Achelousaurus
Sep 24, 2014, 07:21 PM
Yeah, my lock on button is definitely twitchy.
I just wanted to confirm.
I couldn't play with switch though can I change too much for it to be usable.
As for target switching having a very limited target pool, I think it's cause the game just uses possible targets in a small area around your current target.
It's a huge bother.

kingdanny
Sep 24, 2014, 07:24 PM
Simble noob question here. Someone told me you don't have to unlock advanced classes anymore and I wanted to change to fighter. Anyone care to tell me who's quests I have to do? They told me I have to complete the intro quests, but since I'm a Lv18 ranger and Lv12 hunter, I'm not sure what the "intro quests" would be.

Z-0
Sep 24, 2014, 08:03 PM
You have them already. Just go to the class counter and they should be there.

Remz69
Sep 24, 2014, 08:12 PM
I recently got the bio bow and it currently has +60ratk and and +3pp, Mizer soul and shoot III affixed on to it. Every time i happen to check someone's gear they tend to have around 5 or so affixes on their weapon and it makes mine look like crap in comparison, lmao , which I know it is but my question is, Is it REALLY necessary to attempt to have so many affixes and is having +60 r-atk really not sufficient? Or is it crucial that you spend and ultimately waste a huge amount of meseta just to add a few more affixes?

as far as carrying your own weight goes you can ignore affixing altogether

you get a decent amount of stats for your money for:
2s on weapons
3s on units (even 2s is good enough if you have a 25+pp set)

after that, it's a lot of money for very little gain

at different times of the game's life 5s vs 2s can be a 1 PA difference but not only is that very rare and doesn't last long because of power creep, it's also really unnecessary outside of serious TAing

Hatsodoom
Sep 24, 2014, 08:40 PM
Is something wrong with the servers? Can't log in.

MarvinTheMartian
Sep 24, 2014, 08:42 PM
Is it better to just buy a mag if I plan to play a different class rather than make a new character for ac?

Kondibon
Sep 24, 2014, 08:49 PM
Is it better to just buy a mag if I plan to play a different class rather than make a new character for ac?I dunno about better in general (having more characters is useful), but it'll make leveling those other classes easier since you can feed them high level COs.

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 24, 2014, 08:51 PM
@MarvinTheMartian:

I would think so (at getting another Mag) since it's my preference to have a single character that have maxed all classes, and I don't like having to go through matter boards, leveling up... etc. again.

But... some would say..."hey dude, just make another character because then you can use that other character to farm Falz Elder, etc. for 12* weapons... more chance of getting those rare stuff".

It depends really on what your focus is and are you willing to level up the newly created character.

Also, you gotta ask yourself is spending money for AC an issue?

MarvinTheMartian
Sep 24, 2014, 08:55 PM
Sorry for this noob question but, how do you use multiple characters to farm falz elder?
Complete Raging dark arms with one character then switch to the other and complete it also?

Hatsodoom
Sep 24, 2014, 08:58 PM
Anyone? I was playing just fine yesterday and now I'm getting 249'ed.

airprinzh2o
Sep 24, 2014, 09:15 PM

same here, on tweaker screen it says server offline, inside the game all ship status are unknown

Anduril
Sep 24, 2014, 09:16 PM

same here, on tweaker screen it says server offline, inside the game all ship status are unknown
Do you guys have TWC? If so, there are quite a few outages on the network, including the backbone that allows us to connect to the servers.

kingdanny
Sep 24, 2014, 09:18 PM
You have them already. Just go to the class counter and they should be there.

Do I need to have premium? Checked before maintenance and only have Ranger/Hunter/Wizard, changing skill trees and resetting them.

Anduril
Sep 24, 2014, 09:19 PM
Do I need to have premium? Checked before maintenance and only have Ranger/Hunter/Wizard, changing skill trees and resetting them.
You're playing the SEA version, aren't you?

Sizustar
Sep 24, 2014, 09:19 PM

Are you playing the Sea version?

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 24, 2014, 09:20 PM
Sorry for this noob question but, how do you use multiple characters to farm falz elder?
Complete Raging dark arms with one character then switch to the other and complete it also?

Basically, yes.

All you gotta do is beat Falz Arm on a SINGLE character, and then you can use both characters to fight Falz Elder. So basically what I'm saying is that, use Character 1 to fight Falz Arms and Elder, and then after you have beat Falz Elder with Character 1, change to Character 2, and you will be able to fight Falz Elder again.

kingdanny
Sep 24, 2014, 09:23 PM
Are you playing the Sea version?

Yea, SEA.

Hatsodoom
Sep 24, 2014, 09:23 PM
Do you guys have TWC? If so, there are quite a few outages on the network, including the backbone that allows us to connect to the servers.

That must be it, thanks. This may also explain (likely not), this "paste bin" spam I've been getting.

Hatsodoom
Sep 24, 2014, 09:25 PM
Basically, yes.

All you gotta do is beat Falz Arm on a SINGLE character, and then you can use both characters to fight Falz Elder. So basically what I'm saying is that, use Character 1 to fight Falz Arms and Elder, and then after you have beat Falz Elder with Character 1, change to Character 2, and you will be able to fight Falz Elder again.

Wait, REALLY? This is so great to know!

Rien
Sep 24, 2014, 09:26 PM
Basically, yes.

uh when I last checked you had to fight arms on every character you want to fight elder with

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 24, 2014, 09:29 PM
uh when I last checked you had to fight arms on every character you want to fight elder with

^Listen to this guy... don't listen to me... he knows what he's talking about... disrgard what I've said.

Anduril
Sep 24, 2014, 09:30 PM
Yea, SEA.
If the SEA version follows the same quest format that the JPN servers did before ep.3, you first need to hit lv30 as Hunter to unlock the Fighter recommendation quest from Oza, which then leads to the actual unlock mission from Koffie.

kingdanny
Sep 24, 2014, 09:34 PM
If the SEA version follows the same quest format that the JPN servers did before ep.3, you first need to hit lv30 as Hunter to unlock the Fighter recommendation quest from Oza, which then leads to the actual unlock mission from Koffie.

Since I already did the first quests as ranger up to Lv18, think I'd be better off making a new character and starting as hunter? Or just continue leveling hunter as it is now, at Lv12?
Thanks in advanced for all the replies.

Anduril
Sep 24, 2014, 09:38 PM
Since I already did the first quests as ranger up to Lv18, think I'd be better off making a new character and starting as hunter? Or just continue leveling hunter as it is now, at Lv12?
I would say just keep leveling Hunter; the game version that the SEA server is based on is certainly a grind, but it's just a matter of patience and time.

(I would actually recommend to jump on the JPN version instead since there is so much more content, but that's up to you.)

kingdanny
Sep 24, 2014, 09:41 PM
I would say just keep leveling Hunter; the game version that the SEA server is based on is certainly a grind, but it's just a matter of patience and time.

(I would actually recommend to jump on the JPN version instead since there is so much more content, but that's up to you.)

Would I have to download patches or something every week? Tried the jp server once and had too much lag/delay. And at the time, someone said you have to update the english patches or something pretty often.

Sizustar
Sep 24, 2014, 09:42 PM

Proabbely easier to actually jump server to the Japanese version, where the majority of people on this forum plays on?

Anduril
Sep 24, 2014, 09:44 PM
Would I have to download patches or something every week? Tried the jp server once and had too much lag/delay. And at the time, someone said you have to update the english patches or something pretty often.
AIDA's Tweaker utility (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248) actually helps streamline the whole patching affair, so it's not much of a hassle.

kingdanny
Sep 24, 2014, 10:49 PM
AIDA's Tweaker utility (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248) actually helps streamline the whole patching affair, so it's not much of a hassle.

Download of the actual game from his link isn't working for me x.x I'll figure it out tomorrow, anyway, thanks for the help :P

Hatsodoom
Sep 24, 2014, 10:58 PM

Seems like you really might be right, which means I can't do anything. I looked it up on their site and people in my area have been reporting problems. Strange though since my internet overall is fine, but since the game was wroking earlier today...

Chdata
Sep 24, 2014, 11:24 PM
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/dudu/

What is this "Same" thing that seems to add like 10%???

horseship
Sep 24, 2014, 11:30 PM
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/dudu/

What is this "Same" thing that seems to add like 10%???

Using 3 of the same units/weapons when affixing. For example, if you were affixing a White Tail and both of your fodders were White Tails, you get a boosted success rate. Having 2 of the same gives you no bonus.

Chdata
Sep 24, 2014, 11:32 PM
Man... gonna keep that in mind for making fodder.

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Z-0
Sep 24, 2014, 11:33 PM
As an add, that bonus is 15% to the affix rate, so a 60% will become 69%, for example.

Cure Shock
Sep 25, 2014, 06:45 AM
Weird question: there's a female voice that doesn't say any japanese pheases/words? Just laughing, sobbing, attack screams etc.

SakuRei
Sep 25, 2014, 06:48 AM
Small AC Shop Question:

1.) is the AC item Item Pack Expansion Max Set per character or once you buy it, it will be in effect on all characters or newly created characters? Same question for the Sub-Palette Expansion Ticket.

2.) Since there is an item Sub-Palette Expansion Ticket is there also a weapon palette expansion or something?

3.) Is the item Esthe Use Pass only usable once like the free salon ticket?

NexusAZ
Sep 25, 2014, 07:04 AM
Small AC Shop Question:

1.) is the AC item Item Pack Expansion Max Set per character or once you buy it, it will be in effect on all characters or newly created characters? Same question for the Sub-Palette Expansion Ticket.

2.) Since there is an item Sub-Palette Expansion Ticket is there also a weapon palette expansion or something?

3.) Is the item Esthe Use Pass only usable once like the free salon ticket?

1 - It's per character for them.

2 - There is not. I REALLY wish there was though.

3 - The one that you purchase with AC gives you an hour of time to edit your character. Once you finish the changes and use it, the timer will start going down.

the_importer_
Sep 25, 2014, 07:13 AM
Weird question: there's a female voice that doesn't say any japanese pheases/words? Just laughing, sobbing, attack screams etc.

Why, you prefer it when your woman doesn't speak :p

Jokes aside, I think they all share the same word library. When you're selecting the voice, press the button to test it multiple times, then test it the same way again with a different voice, and another one. It's always the same stuff that they keep saying, just in a different voice.

Atlantis419
Sep 25, 2014, 07:27 AM
Does anybody know how your phone accesses pso2es? I'm just confused really how I can access my pso2es account with the twc situation meanwhile I can't access the real game. All I'm really trying to figure out is how the phone/pso2es access works really, just for personal understanding. BTW my phone is using my WiFi cause when Iuse sprint towers iit's 50/50 that I actually get on and when it works it's slow as shot so I believe it's using my WiFi cause its relatively fast.

Ordy
Sep 25, 2014, 08:09 AM
Jokes aside, I think they all share the same word library. When you're selecting the voice, press the button to test it multiple times, then test it the same way again with a different voice, and another one. It's always the same stuff that they keep saying, just in a different voice.

Yeah .. not at all, almost all the lines are different.

Here is a site with all the voice lines http://pso2voice.web.fc2.com/
I can't remember hearing a voice without a single phrase. Some voices have more lines than others but, but most have at least 3 or 4 lines.

Then you have Rappy and Lilipa voice (58 and 59, all the words are ri-ri-ri or kyu-kyuu) ... or the NYANYANYAAA voice

airprinzh2o
Sep 25, 2014, 09:23 AM
Using 3 of the same units/weapons when affixing. For example, if you were affixing a White Tail and both of your fodders were White Tails, you get a boosted success rate. Having 2 of the same gives you no bonus.

According to the simulator, having 2 of the same when you only use 2 weapon/units (meaning: leave the 2nd fodder blank) also gives a 10% boost. Cannot verify it in-game due to the TWC situation...

horseship
Sep 25, 2014, 09:28 AM
Ah, that very well may be true. I just assumed for the most part you're only going to affix using two fodders, in which case you'd need 3 of the same.

Hatsodoom
Sep 25, 2014, 09:57 AM
Yeesh, now even the TWC site is having issues.

Cure Shock
Sep 25, 2014, 09:59 AM
Yeah .. not at all, almost all the lines are different.

Here is a site with all the voice lines http://pso2voice.web.fc2.com/
I can't remember hearing a voice without a single phrase. Some voices have more lines than others but, but most have at least 3 or 4 lines.

Then you have Rappy and Lilipa voice (58 and 59, all the words are ri-ri-ri or kyu-kyuu) ... or the NYANYANYAAA voice

Useful link, I found a really nice cast voice to use. Thanks!

EDIT: Ok now I'm in trouble. I bought it and used the ticket, but for some reasons I can't use that voice (there's not even in saloon). Why? I bought 女性追加ボイス51

EDIT2: I heard that you can't choose a non-cast voice for a cast (not like the standard voices): so what are the cast voices that I can use? I don't want to waste other 600k for nothing ;_;

Ordy
Sep 25, 2014, 10:31 AM
女性追加ボイス51 = human voice
女性C追加ボイス51 = caseal version

Just add the C after "女性" for the caseal version. Caseal voice tickets are usually cheaper than human version, I don't think you'd have to pay 600k for that one.

Cure Shock
Sep 25, 2014, 10:49 AM
女性追加ボイス51 = human voice
女性C追加ボイス51 = caseal version

Just add the C after "女性" for the caseal version. Caseal voice tickets are usually cheaper than human version, I don't think you'd have to pay 600k for that one.

Thank you very much!

somedude1435
Sep 25, 2014, 02:01 PM
Any list of pp per hit gained? Particularly looking for new weapons on bouncer photon blades but wouldn't mind seeing a list, did not notice any on cinopidea(sp?)

Thanks in advance

Sp-24
Sep 25, 2014, 02:03 PM
Is there any way to get an additional skill tree? I didn't find a skill tree pass in the AC Shop list, "「ACショップ」での販売は終了しております。" doesn't look, read, or sound very reassuring, and I don't want to be a filthy casual with just one skill tree in every class.

Any list of pp per hit gained? Particularly looking for new weapons on bouncer photon blades but wouldn't mind seeing a list, did not notice any on cinopidea(sp?)

Thanks in advance
link (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%BD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89#h01b01ce)

DJcooltrainer
Sep 25, 2014, 02:11 PM
Is there any way to get an additional skill tree? I didn't find a skill tree pass in the AC Shop list, "「ACショップ」での販売は終了しております。" doesn't look, read, or sound very reassuring, and I don't want to be a filthy casual with just one skill tree in every class.

link (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%BD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89#h01b01ce)

I haven't bought a new skill tree in awhile, but you used to be able to purchase them directly through the skill tree NPC dude.

GoldenFalcon
Sep 25, 2014, 03:41 PM
Is there any way to get an additional skill tree?
Like DJ said, you talk to the skill tree NPC, and choose which class to add a tree to. Then it finally pops up a 500 AC charge prompt

GoldenFalcon
Sep 25, 2014, 03:43 PM
3 - The one that you purchase with AC gives you an hour of time to edit your character. Once you finish the changes and use it, the timer will start going down.
Warning: This only happens if Premium is active on the account

munekun
Sep 25, 2014, 09:32 PM
What is with the random items being given away at the visiphone the last few days? I tried to find information online but i couldn't. -Nevermind I assume it is due to the matterboard drop changes.

Kondibon
Sep 25, 2014, 09:44 PM
-Nevermind I assume it is due to the matterboard drop changes.
Just chiming in to confirm that it is.

UnLucky
Sep 25, 2014, 09:54 PM

Thanks in advance

Google Translated JP Wiki page for PP regen for each weapon (https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpso2.swiki.jp%2Findex.php%3F%25E3%2 582%25AC%25E3%2583%25B3%25E3%2583%258A%25E3%2583%2 5BC%23l666ba5e&edit-text=&act=url)

Chdata
Sep 25, 2014, 10:28 PM
Can someone explain what taking part in the rappy race event thing does for me?

Like what benefits do I get if I bother to do it?

http://i.imgur.com/0qLDhA5.png

Also what is this f'ing error I keep getting that closes out my game?

It consistently happens whenever I look at my Documents/SEGA/logs folder.

AFKei
Sep 25, 2014, 11:39 PM
I'm a BOTEnewearl looking for a 10*/11* Jet Boots to maximize my power. What are some good choices? I have roughly 360 DEX (give/take a few points) and about 600 T-ATT (give a few points, certainly not 700). I run an Elemental build (Stance and Techer's Ele W.Hit), if that helps influence my choices.

On another note, I'm also looking for a 10/11 Wand for my Techer/Tech Arts Fighter build. I still have the Elemental schtick up my sleeve.

marjoni01
Sep 26, 2014, 12:48 AM
I kinda new in this forum so I don't know where should I ask about this question...

Anyway, I'm interested in PSO2 Jp server and I was wondering what ship have the most english player and is it too late for me to start playing now? ^^;

mopdog
Sep 26, 2014, 01:12 AM
How do I reset the 5 digit # Item Transaction Pin? I don't remember what I put and I am afraid of locking out my account

http://i62.tinypic.com/14o7spt.jpg

Chdata
Sep 26, 2014, 01:37 AM

bumpbumpbumpbumpbump

Twinblaze
Sep 26, 2014, 01:49 AM
What are the campaign rewards and why am I getting them? Not that I'm complaining about free stuff, I'm just curious as to why awesome collections of rare weapons started showing up in the visiphone thing.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 26, 2014, 02:06 AM
What are the campaign rewards and why am I getting them? Not that I'm complaining about free stuff, I'm just curious as to why awesome collections of rare weapons started showing up in the visiphone thing.

Compensation for being a hipster, and doing MB when it was hard and unrewarding.

They gave players the new rewards MB nodes they've already done.

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2014, 02:11 AM
What's funny about the matter board thing is you could get some of the rewards twice if you finished a matter board but didn't complete it 100%.

Chdata
Sep 26, 2014, 02:33 AM
Is it just me or is cluster bullet just not meant to be used outside of TA / situations where you know the spawn?

Because there's almost never a scenario where it's possible to use in SH because everything rushes up next to you where you're too close.

Is Cosmo Breaker the only good AoE for hitting stuff that's surrounding you aside from Glorious Rain?

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2014, 02:40 AM
Is it just me or is cluster bullet just not meant to be used outside of TA / situations where you know the spawn?

Because there's almost never a scenario where it's possible to use in SH because everything rushes up next to you where you're too close.

Is Cosmo Breaker the only good AoE for hitting stuff that's surrounding you aside from Glorious Rain?I find divine launcher works pretty well at point blank.

And cluster bullet works best when things are agroed on people in front of you, not you yourself. Oh right they'd be dead by then. :wacko:

I blame the oneshot meta.

Chdata
Sep 26, 2014, 02:41 AM
I use divine launcher at point blank, but that's only really good for things in a sort of cone in front of you and sometimes things can be too close for even that to hit properly.

I'm used to FO / TE / BR / BO / HU / FI / GU who are all capable of hitting things right around them for good damage...

Edit: I misinterpretted Divine Launcher as Zero Distance, lol

Anyway, Divine Launcher is weak. Only hit like 8-10k unless I'm hitting the single head of one enemy, maybe others with the blast radius.

Glorious rain is pretty weak/limited too...

Flame Bullet is meh too.

It feels like every option is either weak, doesn't hit a good enough area, or is only strong if you're focusing weak points of one enemy at a time.

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2014, 03:08 AM
Now that I think about it, what ranged weapon DOES have good point blank AoE options when compared to melee or techs?

Chdata
Sep 26, 2014, 03:12 AM
Well TMGs have shift period and sort of heel stab.

But TMGs are hella weak now too.

Fo AoEs all hit constant 6-10k to everything around them and are easily stacked onto themselves.

Melee has plenty of AoEs that also hit everything around them for a good multiple 6k+ dmg or w/e.

EspeonageTieler
Sep 26, 2014, 04:32 AM
is there not a limited quest that goes with the arks competition this time??

Chdata
Sep 26, 2014, 04:53 AM
its do I get if I bother to do it?

also wot is this eror

Kikikiki
Sep 26, 2014, 05:33 AM
also wot is this eror

This is an error related to your Intel HD Graphics version being old. Updating that should fix it.

要約すると、
このエラーが発生するのはみなさんのPCに搭載されている
インテルHDグラフィックスのバージョンが古いから。
です。

ということで
まずは自分のPCに搭載されている
インテルHDグラフィックスのバージョンの確認から行います。

Ordy
Sep 26, 2014, 05:58 AM

You stack stars, then buy things using the stars. You help your ship to rank high and get a better global bonus than other ships.

I kinda new in this forum so I don't know where should I ask about this question...

Anyway, I'm interested in PSO2 Jp server and I was wondering what ship have the most english player and is it too late for me to start playing now? ^^;

Ship-02 and no, it's not too late because you'll always find low level people to play with. And PSO2 is easy, shouldn't take long to reach SH.

Is Cosmo Breaker the only good AoE for hitting stuff that's surrounding you aside from Glorious Rain?

No, it's not just for TA or AQ, I use it all the time and it's gets the job done just like in TA or AQ.
- Try to predict map spaws, take advantage of the spawn animation time to load your cluster bullet, so it hits the mobs as soon as they start running.
- Jump shoot a first Cluster without Just Attack, the first hit is going to stop the mobs movement for a second, then JA the next Cluster
- Most of the time fast mobs have 20k HP and a Cluster bullet without JA is going to kill them anyway
- Backward roll, jump, as soon as you see yellow dots on the map
- Wait for mobs to gather, graity bomb, backward roll, Cluster
- Keep running, when you have them all behind you, 180° jump, Cluster, Divine mobs that would still be alive
- Just a 3 mobs spawn? Rifle>Impact Slider+Diffuse Shell
- Juking mobs? switch to GS, Add Bullet them, my Calburnus hits most of them for 21k / PA and more
- Zero Distance is pretty strong but tends to fail too often because of terrible hitboxes on some mobs
- 360° mobs, HP bags mobs? floor Cosmos, roll, floor Cosmos or Cosmos, double roll, Cluster or Divine.

Always run with your eyes on the radar and be ready to jump and load your PA.

is there not a limited quest that goes with the arks competition this time??

AFAIK, No, there is no LQ.

Cure Shock
Sep 26, 2014, 06:51 AM
Super duper noob question: how attribute grinding works exactly? Because I grinded a weapon attribute, from 25 to 40. Okay, then I tried again and it just raised to 42. So I tried with 2 weapons in the same time and it just raised to 43! There's a way to grind to 50 a 10* with just one attempt? Or two at least.. I can't waste 500k everytime to get a 10* from player Shop lol

NexusAZ
Sep 26, 2014, 06:59 AM
Super duper noob question: how attribute grinding works exactly? Because I grinded a weapon attribute, from 25 to 40. Okay, then I tried again and it just raised to 42. So I tried with 2 weapons in the same time and it just raised to 43! There's a way to grind to 50 a 10* with just one attempt? Or two at least.. I can't waste 500k everytime to get a 10* from player Shop lol

It's a pretty simple system and is MUCH better than the old one.

When attribute grinding a weapon with one that is of the same type and rarity (say you're attribute grinding an Akane with an Iblis Blood), it will only gain one attribute point.

When attribute grinding with a weapon with one that's the exact same, but a different element(grinding a Light Akane with an Ice Akane), it will gain 10 attribute points.

When attribute grinding a weapon with one that is the exact same with a matching attribute(Light Akane with Light Akane), it will add the attributes together. So, if the Akane you wanted to keep was 22 Light and you had another Light Akane that was 26 Light, it would combine them to be 48 Attribute.

Cure Shock
Sep 26, 2014, 07:09 AM
It's a pretty simple system and is MUCH better than the old one.

When attribute grinding a weapon with one that is of the same type and rarity (say you're attribute grinding an Akane with an Iblis Blood), it will only gain one attribute point.

When attribute grinding with a weapon with one that's the exact same, but a different element(grinding a Light Akane with an Ice Akane), it will gain 10 attribute points.

When attribute grinding a weapon with one that is the exact same with a matching attribute(Light Akane with Light Akane), it will add the attributes together. So, if the Akane you wanted to keep was 22 Light and you had another Light Akane that was 26 Light, it would combine them to be 48 Attribute.

Oh okay that's clear. Thanks!

SakuRei
Sep 26, 2014, 08:39 AM
PSO2 System question:

A friend of mine had a problem of his text turned into japanese texts, (kinda like a similar function of autocorrect of iphones or something) he kinda pressed random buttons then when he uses the chatbox in-game, all of his texts in english being auto translated into japanese. I was kinda wondering if this is an update on the tweaker or something? (since if it is, I have no idea what buttons did he pressed though). I forgot, he didn't install a PSO2 Chat Translator or so for this.

EspeonageTieler
Sep 26, 2014, 08:54 AM
You stack stars, then buy things using the stars. You help your ship to rank high and get a better global bonus than other ships.

Ship-02 and no, it's not too late because you'll always find low level people to play with. And PSO2 is easy, shouldn't take long to reach SH.

No, it's not just for TA or AQ, I use it all the time and it's gets the job done just like in TA or AQ.
- Try to predict map spaws, take advantage of the spawn animation time to load your cluster bullet, so it hits the mobs as soon as they start running.
- Jump shoot a first Cluster without Just Attack, the first hit is going to stop the mobs movement for a second, then JA the next Cluster
- Most of the time fast mobs have 20k HP and a Cluster bullet without JA is going to kill them anyway
- Backward roll, jump, as soon as you see yellow dots on the map
- Wait for mobs to gather, graity bomb, backward roll, Cluster
- Keep running, when you have them all behind you, 180° jump, Cluster, Divine mobs that would still be alive
- Just a 3 mobs spawn? Rifle>Impact Slider+Diffuse Shell
- Juking mobs? switch to GS, Add Bullet them, my Calburnus hits most of them for 21k / PA and more
- Zero Distance is pretty strong but tends to fail too often because of terrible hitboxes on some mobs
- 360° mobs, HP bags mobs? floor Cosmos, roll, floor Cosmos or Cosmos, double roll, Cluster or Divine.

Always run with your eyes on the radar and be ready to jump and load your PA.

AFAIK, No, there is no LQ.

welp there goes my will to take part in the comp

Ordy
Sep 26, 2014, 09:16 AM
PSO2 System question:

A friend of mine had a problem of his text turned into japanese texts, (kinda like a similar function of autocorrect of iphones or something) he kinda pressed random buttons then when he uses the chatbox in-game, all of his texts in english being auto translated into japanese. I was kinda wondering if this is an update on the tweaker or something? (since if it is, I have no idea what buttons did he pressed though). I forgot, he didn't install a PSO2 Chat Translator or so for this.

He maybe had the japanese IME keyboard layout active (he should check the language box when that happens). Default shortcut to switch keyboard should be ALT+Shift.

SakuRei
Sep 26, 2014, 09:34 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]
PSO2 System question:A friend of mine had a problem of his text turned into japanese texts, (kinda like a similar function of autocorrect of iphones or something) he kinda pressed random buttons then when he uses the chatbox in-game, all of his texts in english being auto translated into japanese. I was kinda wondering if this is an update on the tweaker or something? (since if it is, I have no idea what buttons did he pressed though). I forgot, he didn't install a PSO2 Chat Translator or so for this.[/SPOILER-BOX]

He maybe had the japanese IME keyboard layout active (he should check the language box when that happens). Default shortcut to switch keyboard should be ALT+Shift.

Not quite sure of it's the IME Keyboard or something, since he types english normally outside PSO2 (ex. Facebook, etc.). His texts are only translated inside the PSO2 chat itself. Even relogging in doesn't solve the issue.

final_attack
Sep 26, 2014, 09:41 AM
Well, probably it's keyboard changed like Ordy said ..... Btw, I dunno about the default shortcut, mine's Shift + CapsLock (I didn't remember changing shortcut btw) for changing from EN -> JP and vice versa.

Use the shortcut when the ChatBox open (when you're about to type, after pressing "Enter" or other chat shortcut like "P" or "L"). Might need to press the shortcut a few times to change the keyboard layout. You'll notice it beside the typing box. I think it says "かな” if the keyboard is in Japanese, and nothing's shown if the keyboard is in EN.

mr.ruan
Sep 26, 2014, 09:57 AM
uhmm, well, when i type using English characters, it will automatically translate into japanese. . .

http://goo.gl/M1WBwd

Chdata
Sep 26, 2014, 10:25 AM
Additional bullet hits about 1.8k normally and 5-6k on heads... that's about normal right?

Any other PAs for gunslash any good? (What's good for ranged, what's good for melee?)

And does zero effort apply to melee/mage? (Like that one gunslash that has this latent)?

KazukiQZ
Sep 26, 2014, 10:50 AM
uhmm, well, when i type using English characters, it will automatically translate into japanese. . .

Seems like proxy auto translation. Are u using one?

Ordy
Sep 26, 2014, 10:52 AM

ok, that's not a normal behavior. Check your running processes in the task manager and look for a tranlating tool, kill it and check if it still happens.

If yes, then you somehow patched your pso2 client with translating tool, use the tweaker or the launcher to checkfile your install.

Additional bullet hits about 1.8k normally and 5-6k on heads... that's about normal right?

Any other PAs for gunslash any good? (What's good for ranged, what's good for melee?)

5k x 3 minimum, 8k x 3 with sharpshooter or SS then over 10k x 3 if the target is weak to your GS element. One AB should clear most of the trash mobs.

Aiming Shot is not bad on some bosses, did some nice damage with Reketen too, still have to try the other PA, but most of them are melee PA.

Slash Rave is a strong PA on a FIHU build. Seen a video with a GS only FIHU solo Bal Rodos with Slash Raves.

Chdata
Sep 26, 2014, 10:55 AM
You hit 5k on their bodies..?

Also looking for vids of SH RaHu boss rushes.

Actually... vids of any class SH boss rushes.

SakuRei
Sep 26, 2014, 10:56 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]

PSO2 System question:A friend of mine had a problem of his text turned into japanese texts, (kinda like a similar function of autocorrect of iphones or something) he kinda pressed random buttons then when he uses the chatbox in-game, all of his texts in english being auto translated into japanese. I was kinda wondering if this is an update on the tweaker or something? (since if it is, I have no idea what buttons did he pressed though). I forgot, he didn't install a PSO2 Chat Translator or so for this.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]

[/SPOILER-BOX]

My friend is actually using pso2proxy/cyberkitsune's pso2proxy to enter the game. So it has translation functions now? What keys are exactly to turn them on or off?

ok, that's not a normal behavior. Check your running processes in the task manager and look for a tranlating tool, kill it and check if it still happens.

If yes, then you somehow patched your pso2 client with translating tool, use the tweaker or the launcher to checkfile your install.

He doesn't have any translator programs installed. He chats normal on Facebook when chatting with me, but during PSO2 itself his chats are translated into japanese texts.

solid_snark
Sep 26, 2014, 11:05 AM

It means another application has "interfered" with GameGuard, and caused PSO2 to shut down. There are tons of things that can cause this, including locking your desktop or starting the Windows Task Manager. The only way I am certain to avoid this is to not tab out of the game. ^_^

Ordy
Sep 26, 2014, 11:10 AM
My friend is actually using pso2proxy/cyberkitsune's pso2proxy to enter the game. So it has translation functions now? What keys are exactly to turn them on or off?

The proxy comes with a translator plugin that will allow users of your proxy to translate incoming and outgoing messages sent in the PSO2 chat.

To start, you will need to install pip and the pip unicodescript, microsofttranslator and goslate modules.

Run the following command in the terminal:

pip install unicodescript microsofttranslator goslate
Now to enable the Translate.py plugin on your proxy:

cd ~/PSO2Proxy/proxy/plugins
ln -s disabled/Translate.py .

Start-up your proxy and the translate plugin will now work.

He should go to ~/PSO2Proxy/proxy/plugins and delete the symbolic link to Translate.py from the plugins folder.

You hit 5k on their bodies..?

Actually... vids of any class SH boss rushes.

no, body damage suck ass since ep3, avg: 1.8k-3k

It means another application has "interfered" with GameGuard, and caused PSO2 to shut down. There are tons of things that can cause this, including locking your desktop or starting the Windows Task Manager. The only way I am certain to avoid this is to not tab out of the game. ^_^

kikikiki answered that one 2 pages ago. Seems like it's related to Intel HD Graphics drivers shit.

Chdata
Sep 26, 2014, 11:27 AM
It can't be related to Intel only because my computer runs on Dell drivers.

Kikikiki
Sep 26, 2014, 11:52 AM
It can't be related to Intel only because my computer runs on Dell drivers.

Your integrated graphics isn't Intel?

Sometimes even if it isn't run by the program, it can be a problem. I've also gotten a few of those.

Well, outside what SEGA has officially stated, I'm also not too knowledgeable about this. You can always check just in case though.

Chdata
Sep 26, 2014, 11:59 AM
I have an AMD radeon :O

And when I went to Intel's site for updating drivers it didn't recognize any of mines cause they were Dell drivers ;O

But yeah, p sure it was actually gameguard going haywire as I touch PSO2's log files while the game is writing to them... it didn't used to do that.

Kikikiki
Sep 26, 2014, 12:06 PM
I have an AMD radeon :O

And when I went to Intel's site for updating drivers it didn't recognize any of mines cause they were Dell drivers ;O

But yeah, p sure it was actually gameguard going haywire as I touch PSO2's log files while the game is writing to them... it didn't used to do that.

When in doubt, blame GameGuard.

SakuRei
Sep 26, 2014, 12:07 PM
[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]

PSO2 System question:A friend of mine had a problem of his text turned into japanese texts, (kinda like a similar function of autocorrect of iphones or something) he kinda pressed random buttons then when he uses the chatbox in-game, all of his texts in english being auto translated into japanese. I was kinda wondering if this is an update on the tweaker or something? (since if it is, I have no idea what buttons did he pressed though). I forgot, he didn't install a PSO2 Chat Translator or so for this.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]

[/SPOILER-BOX]

He doesn't have any translator programs installed. He chats normal on Facebook when chatting with me, but during PSO2 itself his chats are translated into japanese texts.[/SPOILER-BOX]

He should go to ~/PSO2Proxy/proxy/plugins and delete the symbolic link to Translate.py from the plugins folder.

So... Is there somewhat a button or key to activate or deactivate it instead of deleting the Translate.py? Because that translation can be useful though. I really want to know what are the buttons or keys that can activate or deactivate that auto translation.

airprinzh2o
Sep 26, 2014, 12:08 PM
I asked this on another thread but didn't get answers so decided to ask again here since this thread draws more attention than most.

Due to the alleged backbone issue with TWC I haven't been able to log into the game, someone from the other thread suggested the option of using cyberkitsune pso2proxy. I have no idea about proxy or how they work. Is there any risk about using a proxy? I'm not talking about the risk of being banned but more like securities threats such as will my computer/network be more susceptible to hacks etc?

Ordy
Sep 26, 2014, 12:10 PM
So... Is there somewhat a button or key to activate or deactivate it instead of deleting the Translate.py? Because that translation can be useful though. I really want to know what are the buttons or keys that can activate or deactivate that auto translation.

I'm not a pso2proxy user, I'm just reading informations on cyberkitsune's git

Removing the Translate.py link from ~/PSO2Proxy/proxy/plugins won't delete the Translate.py file from ~/PSO2Proxy/proxy/plugins/disabled
So you can type the commands in the terminal to enable the translation if you need it. I'm not sure if there is a shortcut or button for that.

Read this if you want to learn the difference between a symbolic link and a file: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link

RaHu 8:33 video, 11 boss kills. Could be faster but overall, nice kills, 雪迷 is a good HE user
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24353367

SakuRei
Sep 26, 2014, 12:35 PM
I'm not a pso2proxy user, I'm just reading informations on cyberkitsune's git

Removing the Translate.py link from ~/PSO2Proxy/proxy/plugins won't delete the Translate.py file from ~/PSO2Proxy/proxy/plugins/disabled
So you can type the commands in the terminal to enable the translation if you need it. I'm not sure if there is a shortcut or button for that.

Read this if you want to learn the difference between a symbolic link and a file: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link

--edited-- nvm... I found out how. Thanks anyways.

airprinzh2o
Sep 26, 2014, 01:04 PM
--edited-- nvm... I found out how. Thanks anyways.

So how do you turn it on/off? I might start using cyperkitsune proxy also as soon as I confirm the risk won't be too much. The auto translation sounds like a handy tool so I would like to know how it works. Thanks in advance.

Atlantis419
Sep 26, 2014, 01:11 PM
OK so I tried downloading proxycap but it tells me object already exists. If that means I have it then idk how.either way I downloaded proxifier and can't figure out how to make it work, when I disable proxifier I get 630d. Does anyone know how this works? I assume I can't just stay on the proxy no?

Hyvaa
Sep 26, 2014, 04:25 PM
Running into this issue on sega site took me forever to even to get sega to send me link to fill in registration info and now all I keep getting when I click the links they emailed me is.

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /sega/mail_in.cgi on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Tried chrome and firefox :/

Sp-24
Sep 26, 2014, 04:44 PM
What are those links? Something personal with a unique session tag that you shouldn't share? Can you access Sega's ISAO site (http://pso2.jp/ref/psoisao/) at all?

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 26, 2014, 05:01 PM
I'm a level 46/70 bo/hu who just finished the second 5 sp client order, and i have no idea what to spend it on...
maxed out elemental stance (except for the crit part) and maxed out the photon blade fever, i mainly use blades, while casually pulling out boots once in a while. I really have no idea what to put sp into now...

Hyvaa
Sep 26, 2014, 05:02 PM
What are those links? Something personal with a unique session tag that you shouldn't share? Can you access Sega's ISAO site (http://pso2.jp/ref/psoisao/) at all?

when I try to connect to that link "http://pso2.jp/ref/psoisao/" I get "This webpage is not available"

I was finally able to register using Proxy Browsing (http://www.proxybrowsing.com/) but even now when I try to connect to the link you posted I can't unless I use proxybrowsing to do it.

This is very strange.

Sp-24
Sep 26, 2014, 05:11 PM
The link I posted is a referrer on the PSO2 site that leads here (https://iway.isao.net/sega/mail_in.cgi?siteno=P0&product_name=pso2). You kinda have to go to that site if you want to register at all, so I assume that you just can't connect to Player's Site without a proxy, like pretty much everyone here (except me!). Can you visit any of the ISAO links normally, like the one above, the Sega ID one (https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=sega), or the PSO2 one (https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2)?

Anyway, congrats on registering.

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2014, 05:15 PM
I'm a level 46/70 bo/hu who just finished the second 5 sp client order, and i have no idea what to spend it on...
maxed out elemental stance (except for the crit part) and maxed out the photon blade fever, i mainly use blades, while casually pulling out boots once in a while. I really have no idea what to put sp into now...What's the rest of your skill tree look like right now?

EDIT: would something like this (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08bNbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkIUIk 0jdodBIb00000000jdoIn0000008doib0000006do000000lo0 0000007oIn0000000lbIo000000fdoIb4NioI2rFeFjGK0000j ) work for you?

Ordy
Sep 26, 2014, 05:15 PM
OK so I tried downloading proxycap but it tells me object already exists. If that means I have it then idk how.either way I downloaded proxifier and can't figure out how to make it work, when I disable proxifier I get 630d. Does anyone know how this works? I assume I can't just stay on the proxy no?

Using the amazon ec2 VPN? check your VPN settings and proxyfier settings. You should follow the ec2 guide and make sure you can reach the server with putty.

Here are my proxyfier settings, hope it helps :/

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/P7iPqZd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mbznwNs.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

when I try to connect to that link "http://pso2.jp/ref/psoisao/" I get "This webpage is not available"

I was finally able to register using Proxy Browsing (http://www.proxybrowsing.com/) but even now when I try to connect to the link you posted I can't unless I use proxybrowsing to do it.

This is very strange.

If you can't reach pso2.jp, you might need a VPN too (´・ω・`)

Hyvaa
Sep 26, 2014, 05:17 PM
The link I posted is a referrer on the PSO2 site that leads here (https://iway.isao.net/sega/mail_in.cgi?siteno=P0&product_name=pso2). You kinda have to go to that site if you want to register at all, so I assume that you just can't connect to Player's Site without a proxy, like pretty much everyone here (except me!). Can you visit any of the ISAO links normally, like the one above, the Sega ID one (https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=sega), or the PSO2 one (https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2)?

Anyway, congrats on registering.

Thanks it was defiantly a long ordeal haha!

Out of those 3 links I can't connect to the first one but the other 2 work just fine for some reason this is all coming off as alarming and strange to me. Didn't think I'd run into such random issues and having to proxy to do 50% of these things.

Now it's onto updating patching and trying to get into the actual game... I think this will be the interesting process.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 26, 2014, 05:19 PM
What's the rest of your skill tree look like right now?3564

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2014, 05:28 PM

3566 Deband pp restorate, and shifta air should be your priorities right now, it doesn't matter which you go for first since you should get them both, but I personally would just cap off deband pp restore since it lets you get more pp out of your photon blades when fever is down. I wasn't expecting you to have points in stuff like elemental burst or bouncer mag since you said you mainly use blades. x:

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 26, 2014, 05:39 PM
Deband pp restorate, and shifta air should be your priorities right now, it doesn't matter which you go for first since you should get them both, but I personally would just cap off deband pp restore since it lets you get more pp out of your photon blades when fever is down. I wasn't expecting you to have points in stuff like elemental burst or bouncer mag since you said you mainly use blades. x:

i do use my boots occasionally,but yea, i put in sp into those cuz i was totaly clueless on what to put sp into after i finished maxing elemental stance and photon fever.

but isn't it extremely annoying to have to cast shifta and deband every damn time in order to proc those effects?

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2014, 05:44 PM
but isn't it extremely annoying to have to cast shifta and deband every damn time in order to proc those effects?As a Bo/Hu I guess. Maybe I'm too used to Bo/Fi with adrenaline.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 26, 2014, 05:48 PM
As a Bo/Hu I guess. Maybe I'm too used to Bo/Fi with adrenaline.

if only fighter had something like automate deadline :'(

Hyvaa
Sep 26, 2014, 05:50 PM
What's the most popular ship / server for English speakers ?

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 26, 2014, 05:54 PM
What's the most popular ship / server for English speakers ?

ship 2

Hyvaa
Sep 26, 2014, 06:03 PM
ship 2

Thanks on a side note do you know if wired usb xbox 360 controllers work in pso2?

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2014, 06:04 PM
Thanks on a side note do you know if wired usb xbox 360 controllers work in pso2?Yes, they do.

Hyvaa
Sep 26, 2014, 06:10 PM
Yes, they do.

Sweet now I just need to figure out a class I want to play I know I seen a video of one that looks super fun but I can't seem to find the video. All I really remember is it looked like he had a huge cannon / gun and was having a lot of fun c:

horseship
Sep 26, 2014, 06:22 PM
Sweet now I just need to figure out a class I want to play I know I seen a video of one that looks super fun but I can't seem to find the video. All I really remember is it looked like he had a huge cannon / gun and was having a lot of fun c:

That sounds like ranger. You can change your class and subclass at any time by the way, so you can play as many classes as you want. I play pretty much all of them. Each class does level separately though, and you only get one (free) skill tree per class and one (free) mag. So keep that in mind when deciding how to build your trees.

Atlantis419
Sep 26, 2014, 06:35 PM
Yes, thank you. Also when I log out I have to redo everyhing correct?

Nvm. I just realized I needed to open Putty again. this Is going to take some getting used to.

the_importer_
Sep 26, 2014, 06:56 PM
The upcoming difficulty will be called "Ultimate Quest". Do you guys think that it will be a stand alone quest or will they add and ultimate difficulty to all the quests (ark, open, time attack, etc...) like in PSO V2?

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 26, 2014, 07:13 PM
^I have a feeling it's definitely gonna be a stand alone Quest like Advance/XQ; it'll probably need some kind of pass (or something of that nature) to access as well, which I'm not looking forward to because it'll probably be something ludicrous; just my hunch.

Hyvaa
Sep 26, 2014, 07:34 PM
Well everything is working much better then expected. Besides the fact it took me a solid hour to create my character. Plus for some reason my xbox controller + the game are not agreeing it likes to just spin in circles which it does not do on any other games maybe I didn't configure it properly.

For some odd reason my 360 controller is not read on pso2 as a "analog" controller. While when used on monster hunter the camera does not spin and it is read as analog this is ofc on dolphin and PPSSPP. Going to attempt to hunt down some special driver's or something if anybody has any input it would be great ~

the_importer_
Sep 26, 2014, 08:50 PM
^I have a feeling it's definitely gonna be a stand alone Quest like Advance/XQ; it'll probably need some kind of pass (or something of that nature) to access as well, which I'm not looking forward to because it'll probably be something ludicrous; just my hunch.

So do I, but a guy can hope :p

Well everything is working much better then expected. Besides the fact it took me a solid hour to create my character. Plus for some reason my xbox controller + the game are not agreeing it likes to just spin in circles which it does not do on any other games maybe I didn't configure it properly.

For some odd reason my 360 controller is not read on pso2 as a "analog" controller. While when used on monster hunter the camera does not spin and it is read as analog this is ofc on dolphin and PPSSPP. Going to attempt to hunt down some special driver's or something if anybody has any input it would be great ~

1- Make sure everything works under Windows (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers\360 Gamepad Properties)

2- In PSO2, go to the Settings and choose "Basic Gamepad Config"

3- From there, choose Settings and start configuring your 360 controller

My wireless 360 controller was acting weird the first time before I did this, my 2nd analog used to control the escape action which ever direction press, so I had no camera controls.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 26, 2014, 08:51 PM

That's odd. 360 controllers are pretty much plug and play, it ought to work. Is your controller wired or are you using a wireless one with an adapter?

Hyvaa
Sep 26, 2014, 09:00 PM
So do I, but a guy can hope :p

1- Make sure everything works under Windows (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers\360 Gamepad Properties)

2- In PSO2, go to the Settings and choose "Basic Gamepad Config"

3- From there, choose Settings and start configuring your 360 controller

My wireless 360 controller was acting weird the first time before I did this, my 2nd analog used to control the escape action which ever direction press, so I had no camera controls.

Ahh under devices it wasn't even showing up even at all until I pressed "set up usb game controller"

Now the control in there even seems like it's twitching a little for some reason strange that on PSP2 and Monster hunter it's never twitched at all. Guess maybe I'll play with the calibration takes it a part and re install driver's and see if I can find some anti ghosting thing.

That's odd. 360 controllers are pretty much plug and play, it ought to work. Is your controller wired or are you using a wireless one with an adapter?

The controller is wired. Yeah I'm thinking maybe it's calibrated funny or the driver's are freaking maybe. Going to play around with it for a while

Thanks for the input guys~

invadrgir
Sep 26, 2014, 09:07 PM
So my friend's been having trouble getting an authorization e-mail for a while and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this.

All I know is that he uses hotmail.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 26, 2014, 10:10 PM
what are all these random campaign rewards that i'm getting everyday?
they feed me with useless weapons and units that are 7 star, but today i started getting random 10*'s like calci weapon etc.?? I'm just curious on where these campaign rewards come from and what they are for o.O

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2014, 10:12 PM
what are all these random campaign rewards that i'm getting everyday?
they feed me with useless weapons and units that are 7 star, but today i started getting random 10*'s like calci weapon etc.?? I'm just curious on where these campaign rewards come from and what they are for o.OMatterboard rewards for people who completed the matterboards before the rewards were changed.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 26, 2014, 10:15 PM
Matterboard rewards for people who completed the matterboards before the rewards were changed.

Aaah I see, thanks, didn't know that.

mortimer
Sep 26, 2014, 11:06 PM
I am considering playing again, but I have two questions.

1.) Is a VPN/proxy/w.e required to play on the servers still?
2.) Is the English community still active and where is the typical Ship and block(s) for it?

Sizustar
Sep 26, 2014, 11:57 PM
I am considering playing again, but I have two questions.

1.) Is a VPN/proxy/w.e required to play on the servers still?
2.) Is the English community still active and where is the typical Ship and block(s) for it?

1, That depends on your ISP, see if you can access pso2.jp, if you can, then no VPN needed, if not, then use one of the many method provided on this forum.
2. Ship 2 still has a good size English population, just not as many AFKER and SA Spammer now.

Brizone
Sep 27, 2014, 05:33 AM
Guys, how do you actually solo bosses with a RIFLE? (im currently RA/HU)

I heard alot of people are able to do it, but i'm curious as i have the latest PA (Glory Rain, Impact Slide) but still take full 6 minutes ( and 6 health packs) just to slay a Ragne.. is there some trick to doing this? my tree is focused on weakpoint, CB, and R-atk increase (for HU fury stance, JA bonus)

Thanks again :-D

UnLucky
Sep 27, 2014, 05:57 AM
Weak Bullet, then Impact Slider+Homing Emission
or
WB+Satellite Cannon

If you have lots of PP, then Sneak Shooter spam is good DPS. Diffuse Shell can be used for the same purpose if Sneak is difficult to land, but it's less damage.

Standing Snipe and Sharpshooter help your damage too, but you won't always get the bonus. Should still try to get them if you can, though.

Brizone
Sep 27, 2014, 06:08 AM
Weak Bullet, then Impact Slider+Homing Emission
or
WB+Satellite Cannon

If you have lots of PP, then Sneak Shooter spam is good DPS. Diffuse Shell can be used for the same purpose if Sneak is difficult to land, but it's less damage.

Standing Snipe and Sharpshooter help your damage too, but you won't always get the bonus. Should still try to get them if you can, though.

What to target with the WB (on boogies like ragne, bansher)? Is it cancellable? also, does 126 PP a good amount?

Thanks in advance :D

UnLucky
Sep 27, 2014, 06:44 AM
You'll want to ultimately put the WB on the part that already takes the most damage (the face, or big red weak spot) since it'll multiply that further.

However, a lot of bosses don't make that easy to do right from the start, but breaking one of their parts will stun them for a moment. Breakable parts typically take a lot less damage than their weak point, but a WB trivializes that for an easy stun. Then you can place a new WB on their exposed weakness to maximize damage.

An enemy can only have one WB on them at a time, but multiple enemies can each have a WB. If you shoot another one at something that already has an active WB, the old one will immediately disappear in favor of the new one. This can make playing with other Rangers tedious since they might want to shoot a different part than you, making the WB repeatedly flip flop with neither of you being very effective.

As for PP, it's more of a matter of regen than your max. No sense blasting everything ASAP just to sit around looking pretty. If your mag has a PP Recovery trigger action or Ketos Proi photon blast, then conserving your PP isn't a concern. If you have Tactics Trap, you can drain your PP bar and then toss a few grenades to get back PP without wasting WB shots.

Only really matters if you have WB loaded, though. If you're (almost) out, then you can freely regen PP with normal attacks. Gunslash (ranged mode) is pretty good for that.

Psycl0ne
Sep 27, 2014, 07:08 AM
I need help setting up a proxy with the PSO2 Tweaker.. can someone link me to a guide or is anybody willing to help right now?

http://s27.postimg.org/6vkm9d28j/trsgtrs.png

NexusAZ
Sep 27, 2014, 07:18 AM
I need help setting up a proxy with the PSO2 Tweaker.. can someone link me to a guide or is anybody willing to help right now?

http://s27.postimg.org/6vkm9d28j/trsgtrs.png

http://pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/

Psycl0ne
Sep 27, 2014, 07:22 AM
http://pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/

thank you!

Xayu
Sep 27, 2014, 07:26 AM
Hey, guys. How do I switch back to Episode 1/2 Matterboard? I accidentally selected MB3 back then, and I never found the way to switch back to earlier MBs.

Thanks in advanced for the help!

EDIT:

Nevermind, I'm silly. I figured it out. But thank you anyway! c:
For anyone curious, you literally select your current mission/progress on the Matter Board.

Atlantis419
Sep 27, 2014, 07:47 AM
I need some clarification on two skills. The first is tech arts ja bonus, does this also boost melee and ranged attacks or just techs? The second is aerial advanced, does this boost damage on enemies in the air? Or does it boost damage when you are in the air?

WildarmsRE5
Sep 27, 2014, 08:05 AM
Guys, how do you actually solo bosses with a RIFLE? (im currently RA/HU)

I heard alot of people are able to do it, but i'm curious as i have the latest PA (Glory Rain, Impact Slide) but still take full 6 minutes ( and 6 health packs) just to slay a Ragne.. is there some trick to doing this? my tree is focused on weakpoint, CB, and R-atk increase (for HU fury stance, JA bonus)

Thanks again :-Dsince you have outdated PAs, I Believe Impact Slider is at the point where it does shit damage. (but still a good gap closer for close range PA start up)

what you want to do is to abuse Homing Emission, basically targeting other parts then moving in close to make all the Bullets hit one spot, preferably a Weakspot + WB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jimkPOkcvlg

video for visual information.

Syklo
Sep 27, 2014, 08:09 AM
So this is something that's been plaguing my mind for a while, since the skill trees changed:
Is step advance still worth getting (to lv~3)?
I ask because it feels like there is no invincibility period without it (or it's just 200 microseconds long lol).

Other questions:
is the jet boots' alternate attack (the one when you press shift after a normal attack) any "special"? i.e. does it have any i-frames of its own (affected by step advance???); insane pp regen, etc? as far as i know, it has a larger vertical range...

And is shifta air attack bonus worth getting?

UnLucky
Sep 27, 2014, 08:20 AM
I need some clarification on two skills. The first is tech arts ja bonus, does this also boost melee and ranged attacks or just techs? The second is aerial advanced, does this boost damage on enemies in the air? Or does it boost damage when you are in the air?
Tech Arts JA works for both Techs and Arts, so long as you JA an Art or Tech immediately after a different one.

Aerial Advance works on airborne enemies. Floating enemies don't count because they're technically on the ground at their lowest point.

milranduil
Sep 27, 2014, 08:30 AM
since you have outdated PAs, I Believe Impact Slider is at the point where it does shit damage. (but still a good gap closer for close range PA start up)

what you want to do is to abuse Homing Emission, basically targeting other parts then moving in close to make all the Bullets hit one spot, preferably a Weakspot + WB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jimkPOkcvlg

video for visual information.

All RA PAs have updated power growth so none of them have spikes at 11 or 16 now.

For bossing, Satellite Cannon is still king if used properly despite the 33% nerf with Ep3. HE is good too, situationally. With enough power, Impact slider can kill some bosses before you get in range to HE/SC them :wacko:

Atlantis419
Sep 27, 2014, 08:58 AM
Ah, OK so I get aerial advanced now. Seems a tad gimmicky for my style. Guessing you have to pop enemies into the air either via pa or traps. About tech arts though, do you mean it only works if you use two different pa's back to back like a deadly archer into a surprise dunk where only the surprise dunk gets the bonus? Or it works if you just spam the same 3 pa's for example 4 straight hatou?

WildarmsRE5
Sep 27, 2014, 09:24 AM
All RA PAs have updated power growth so none of them have spikes at 11 or 16 now.

For bossing, Satellite Cannon is still king if used properly despite the 33% nerf with Ep3. HE is good too, situationally. With enough power, Impact slider can kill some bosses before you get in range to HE/SC them :wacko:I meant that the guy is playing the SEA version.

I mean, who says "Health Packs"?

that was obvious enough the he plays on the SEA Servers.

EDIT: if he was even playing on JP servers, I think the most obvious PA for boss killing would be Sat Cannon even with nerf (I can still hit 100k+). he doesn't even need to ask here.

kingdanny
Sep 27, 2014, 09:52 AM
After almost 13 hours, it's downoaded 32.3GB, but the size says it's only supposed to be 24.1GB then I got an error saying it ran out of space, anyone know what's wrong with this thing? I was downloading the English installation from Arks-Layer, I definitely have enough room and it's kind of a long wait to have to start over.

airprinzh2o
Sep 27, 2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Arts JA works for both Techs and Arts, so long as you JA an Art or Tech immediately after a different one.

I also have question about Tech Arts JA. In the following sequence, which PA(s) gets the boost?

step attack -> PA1 -> PA2 -> PA3

all 3 PAs or just PA2 and 3?

UnLucky
Sep 27, 2014, 11:47 AM
About tech arts though, do you mean it only works if you use two different pa's back to back like a deadly archer into a surprise dunk where only the surprise dunk gets the bonus? Or it works if you just spam the same 3 pa's for example 4 straight hatou?
Only Surprise Dunk would get the bonus. None of the Hatous would get Tech Arts JA.

I also have question about Tech Arts JA. In the following sequence, which PA(s) gets the boost?

step attack -> PA1 -> PA2 -> PA3

all 3 PAs or just PA2 and 3?
Because Step Attack is not a PA or tech, only #2 and #3 would get the boost, assuming they're not all the same PA.

PA1 and PA3 can be the same, though.

mortimer
Sep 27, 2014, 01:21 PM
I've been receiving an error message when I try to connect, which simply says "Server connection timed out." on the English translation. I use Tweaker and the PSO2Proxy and I'm uncertain of what I can do to fix it.

Chdata
Sep 27, 2014, 01:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WmlV0QP.png

Difference between these crafts?

horseship
Sep 27, 2014, 01:39 PM
What are people's opinions on crafting the 11* Gunne set for extra PP (t-def craft)?

+34 pp from units, or keep resistances + unbind in case 11* passes come out?

Chdata
Sep 27, 2014, 01:41 PM
keep resist + unbind

Considering this one set was released... there's probably going to be a lot of new units coming out in the future...

Valcron
Sep 27, 2014, 03:03 PM
What address would I be emailing to try to ask Sega for my 16 digit code back for PSO2es? I lost my code to an install/uninstall of bluestacks and was unaware of the code.

Z-0
Sep 27, 2014, 03:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WmlV0QP.png

Difference between these crafts?
Exactly what it looks like.

The first 2 give you bonuses in all of White Territory, the second 2 give you bonuses in just Free Field of WT, and the last two give you bonuses only in the Arks Quests of WT.

Atlantis419
Sep 27, 2014, 03:26 PM
Only Surprise Dunk would get the bonus. None of the Hatous would get Tech Arts JA.

Because Step Attack is not a PA or tech, only #2 and #3 would get the boost, assuming they're not all the same PA.

PA1 and PA3 can be the same, though.

Thank you. This pretty much clears this up for me. I had already used two passes messing up stuff, I should have asked first. Thankfully a had a few to play with. So this skill, it's not for me, I tend to only use combos with swords or mechs. The rest I just spam whatever I think is appropriate for the situation. I guess this is to promote combo play style. Well, like I said tyvm.

Brizone
Sep 27, 2014, 04:04 PM
You'll want to ultimately put the WB on the part that already takes the most damage (the face, or big red weak spot) since it'll multiply that further.

However, a lot of bosses don't make that easy to do right from the start, but breaking one of their parts will stun them for a moment. Breakable parts typically take a lot less damage than their weak point, but a WB trivializes that for an easy stun. Then you can place a new WB on their exposed weakness to maximize damage.

An enemy can only have one WB on them at a time, but multiple enemies can each have a WB. If you shoot another one at something that already has an active WB, the old one will immediately disappear in favor of the new one. This can make playing with other Rangers tedious since they might want to shoot a different part than you, making the WB repeatedly flip flop with neither of you being very effective.

As for PP, it's more of a matter of regen than your max. No sense blasting everything ASAP just to sit around looking pretty. If your mag has a PP Recovery trigger action or Ketos Proi photon blast, then conserving your PP isn't a concern. If you have Tactics Trap, you can drain your PP bar and then toss a few grenades to get back PP without wasting WB shots.

Only really matters if you have WB loaded, though. If you're (almost) out, then you can freely regen PP with normal attacks. Gunslash (ranged mode) is pretty good for that.

Meh when i switch weapon when WB is loaded the WB is gone and i have to reload it from the start.. again :-D

Chdata
Sep 27, 2014, 04:55 PM
How much exp does your subclass get?

Sizustar
Sep 27, 2014, 05:28 PM
How much exp does your subclass get?

10% till lv.45

Chdata
Sep 27, 2014, 05:36 PM
Does it change at 46-55 or something?

ashley50
Sep 27, 2014, 05:39 PM
Does it change at 46-55 or something?
It stops.

Chdata
Sep 27, 2014, 05:44 PM
Yes but he said you get 10% until level 45. You still get exp from 46-50... so apparently you get a different amount of sub-exp during those levels?

Z-0
Sep 27, 2014, 06:25 PM
It stops at 50, actually.

LoN_Lina
Sep 27, 2014, 06:44 PM
how do i complete mb 11 to get mb 12

arnd
Sep 27, 2014, 06:52 PM
how do i complete mb 11 to get mb 12

Matterboard 11 is "side story" or "filler arc", whatever term you'll prefer. The only requirement for obtaining MB 12 (first chapter of Episode 2) is completing MB 10 (final chapter of Episode 1).

LoN_Lina
Sep 27, 2014, 06:58 PM
Matterboard 11 is "side story" or "filler arc", whatever term you'll prefer. The only requirement for obtaining MB 12 (first chapter of Episode 2) is completing MB 10 (final chapter of Episode 1).

I have it complete and the next 12 doesn't pop up?

arnd
Sep 27, 2014, 07:02 PM
I have it complete and the next 12 doesn't pop up?

The story quests (all the paths in them) must be completed as well. Other than that, Xion should unlock the next matterboard even if no nodes on MB 11 are closed.

Shinamori
Sep 28, 2014, 12:09 AM
There are now lab coat costumes, are there?

rashoood
Sep 28, 2014, 06:16 AM
is there a way to increase the attribute of the weapon without needing a weapon of the same type and rarity? I just got orochi agito and want to make the attribute 50% XD

Arada
Sep 28, 2014, 06:25 AM
is there a way to increase the attribute of the weapon without needing a weapon of the same type and rarity? I just got orochi agito and want to make the attribute 50% XD

No there is not, for now you have to find another one with the same element.

the_importer_
Sep 28, 2014, 08:23 AM
Pretty sure the answer is no, but just in case, is it possible for your support partners to have a subclass?

Cure Shock
Sep 28, 2014, 08:25 AM
I was considering to buy PSO2 on PS Vita, but I've the problem that I share it with my brother (and he plays PSO2, too), and since my Sega account will be bond to my PSN account, I read that the only solution is to "format" PS Vita back to the factory settings everytime, having two memory cards to back up your settings and stuff.

To be honest I don't like this method at all but in some vids as well as forums, they say it's a easy method once you get the habit. I'd like to hear some of your experiences about (if you do) and what's the the best method to do it without doing some fatal mistake, and - in particular - if it's worth the effort. Thanks.

Rien
Sep 28, 2014, 10:35 AM
Pretty sure the answer is no, but just in case, is it possible for your support partners to have a subclass?

no

There you go.

I don't see a reason for them to since it's not going to be used for anything other than technic access

Tyreek
Sep 28, 2014, 12:43 PM
More of an observational question here. Has anyone figured out what past music is mixed in with Harukotan's theme? I thought I heard something, but I can't put my finger on it.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 28, 2014, 01:12 PM
More of an observational question here. Has anyone figured out what past music is mixed in with Harukotan's theme? I thought I heard something, but I can't put my finger on it.

Neudaiz from PSU. I think specifically from the forested area.

BIG OLAF
Sep 28, 2014, 02:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlRDTb2JevQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlRDTb2JevQ

.Jack
Sep 28, 2014, 02:23 PM
Anyone know which support items are used here in 2 and 3. I've only been able to find the first one:

http://i.imgur.com/pzH3u2n.jpg

Aquanos
Sep 28, 2014, 02:27 PM
How do people skip the first 2 bubbles in Lillipa Time Attack and is it possible to skip the third?

the_importer_
Sep 28, 2014, 03:42 PM
There you go.

I don't see a reason for them to since it's not going to be used for anything other than technic access

Well a subclass also in gives you 20% of it's stats (attack, defense, HP, etc..), so that could have been useful.

Z-0
Sep 28, 2014, 04:14 PM
How do people skip the first 2 bubbles in Lillipa Time Attack and is it possible to skip the third?
Zondeel the first two enemies out and then kill them, then get the switch before the 3rd enemy spawns.

Can be done for all domes, but you'll need to break the third dome because the enemies in that will block the 4th switch.

SakoHaruo
Sep 28, 2014, 05:28 PM
you gonna have to show me where to stand when hitting the beginning switch.

the_importer_
Sep 28, 2014, 06:13 PM
Have you guys ever done the Advance Quests on SHard with only NPCs to assist you? I've done the ones on VHard with minimum problems, but I think I may be out of my leagues here. Forest on SHard was brutal, I made it out with less than 4 minutes to spare. Mind you, I was not so lucky to get Rockbear or Rogbelt as a boss, hell, I didn't even get Fang duo, I got the Bantha duo that were powered up by those magic shooting birds :( Man, these two just ignored the NPCs and kept hunting me down left and right, I could barely hold my controller since it was getting so sweaty. As a Fo/Te, this is a pretty scary situation to be in.

Only reason I agreed to use a scapedoll when I died was because killing both completed one of Girard's client order. It wasn't a total waste either because I got a bunch of 10* rares as well as my first 11* one. Still, if this was just the Advance Forest on SHard, how suicidal is it to try to keep soloing these with dumb NPCs?

arnd
Sep 28, 2014, 06:30 PM
How exactly does nabarta's hitbox work? It seemed to be slightly similar to hatou, but i'm not quite sure whether one needs optimal range or precise aiming when hitting weakspots like Bal Rodos' tongue with it.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 29, 2014, 12:14 AM
Any method to buying an exact amount of webmoney for premium (1300)? Really don't feel like buying 2000 right now.

choshiiru
Sep 29, 2014, 12:27 AM
Any method to buying an exact amount of webmoney for premium (1300)? Really don't feel like buying 2000 right now.

If you have an android smartphone -> pso2es -> 500 AC + 1000 AC
that's probably your cheapest alternative, though the equivalent would probably sum around $20 because of conversion fees and taxes

Other than that, I have not heard of any exact method of buying web money (1300 AC or even 1500 AC)

Miyuki_Kamiko
Sep 29, 2014, 01:05 AM
Have you guys ever done the Advance Quests on SHard with only NPCs to assist you? I've done the ones on VHard with minimum problems, but I think I may be out of my leagues here. Forest on SHard was brutal, I made it out with less than 4 minutes to spare. Mind you, I was not so lucky to get Rockbear or Rogbelt as a boss, hell, I didn't even get Fang duo, I got the Bantha duo that were powered up by those magic shooting birds :( Man, these two just ignored the NPCs and kept hunting me down left and right, I could barely hold my controller since it was getting so sweaty. As a Fo/Te, this is a pretty scary situation to be in.

Only reason I agreed to use a scapedoll when I died was because killing both completed one of Girard's client order. It wasn't a total waste either because I got a bunch of 10* rares as well as my first 11* one. Still, if this was just the Advance Forest on SHard, how suicidal is it to try to keep soloing these with dumb NPCs?

all SH AQS are possible solo though there designed for actual partys i wont call running them solo stupid nor will i call it smart it's really about preference if you enjoy long tough battles then go solo
if you care for efficiency like 98% of the population get a party

i can't decide how you play only you can decide that

LotusFX
Sep 29, 2014, 01:24 AM
I'd like to know what is the mob kill count to qualify as S rank. Also wondering if it's different for every quest.

Kondibon
Sep 29, 2014, 02:03 AM
I'd like to know what is the mob kill count to qualify as S rank. Also wondering if it's different for every quest.It varies from quest to quest. You just kinda get a feel for it after a while. I remember someone linking something that showed how it works better but I can't remember where it was.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Sep 29, 2014, 02:22 AM
I'd like to know what is the mob kill count to qualify as S rank. Also wondering if it's different for every quest.

it does Varie ive never counted but i have experimented on free explores
generally if you kill everything going in a path from start to finish with minimal back tracking you'll get an S rank

other ark missions are time based or just meet the objectives

LotusFX
Sep 29, 2014, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the answers. Well, guess I can do some experiments as well.

Chdata
Sep 29, 2014, 03:18 AM
all SH AQS are possible solo though there designed for actual partys i wont call running them solo stupid nor will i call it smart it's really about preference if you enjoy long tough battles then go solo
if you care for efficiency like 98% of the population get a party

i can't decide how you play only you can decide that

If you enjoy long mindlessly easy battles then party ;p

Did this earlier, it was hilarious lol.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIQ-e4mH1uM

Zondeel is slow. Why wait for enemies to travel any distance when you can spawn kill them all instantly?

Also this video is in real time, not speeded up or anything. Somehow watching it afterwards it feels like it's been speeded up a lot, whereas during the gameplay things felt normal speed or w/e :O

Achelousaurus
Sep 29, 2014, 03:51 AM
But soloing SHAQs makes no sense whatsoever.
You get +40% exp for a full player party.
And each friend partner only spawns 0.7 as many enemies as a player.
You are pretty much wasting capsules cause you get so much more out of the SHAQ if you play with more people.

Syklo
Sep 29, 2014, 05:38 AM

I think it follows the point-based system similar in the extermination arks quests and some EQ's.
Some mobs give more points than others, and completing e-trials grant more.

But that's just my personal theory.

Achelousaurus
Sep 29, 2014, 07:51 AM
Speaking of which, how many points do you need for A and S rank respectively?

Syklo
Sep 29, 2014, 08:32 AM
Speaking of which, how many points do you need for A and S rank respectively?
I believe S-rank is 100% (so 1000pts) (or 95%+, not sure), A-rank is 90%+, B-rank is ~70+%, C is ~50+%, D is anything lower.

Mind you, I just pulled those numbers out of thin air. Feel free to confirm.
(Now that I think about it, testing rank-score range is actually kinda easy, assuming the D/C/B/A/S rank-score ranges are the same for all quests - Just use TA's to confirm rank range).

The other thing is that, using the Quest-score theory (i.e. enemies/e.codes give points towards quest result), the difficulty might be a factor too.
Eh, I might test it myself if I have the time....or someone else can do that for us :)
(Pretty sure it's already been done though, but where are the results?)

Houten
Sep 29, 2014, 08:32 AM
Question: Will SHAQ specific PA (ie. Satellite Cannon) drop if your running with non compatible class? Not running it as a ranger for example.

Water Lag
Sep 29, 2014, 08:33 AM
Question: Will SHAQ specific PA (ie. Satellite Cannon) drop if your running with non compatible class? Not running it as a ranger for example.

Yes, it will. Though rare/uncommon (supposedly), it will still drop.

Truize
Sep 29, 2014, 08:50 AM
Dumb question: how long does it really take to finish all matter boards non-stop? (guesses are fine)

Rien
Sep 29, 2014, 09:06 AM
Dumb question: how long does it really take to finish all matter boards non-stop? (guesses are fine)

assuming all difficulties are unlocked

2 weeks just for all unlocks

Achelousaurus
Sep 29, 2014, 11:04 AM
I believe S-rank is 100% (so 1000pts) (or 95%+, not sure), A-rank is 90%+, B-rank is ~70+%, C is ~50+%, D is anything lower.

Mind you, I just pulled those numbers out of thin air. Feel free to confirm.
(Now that I think about it, testing rank-score range is actually kinda easy, assuming the D/C/B/A/S rank-score ranges are the same for all quests - Just use TA's to confirm rank range).

The other thing is that, using the Quest-score theory (i.e. enemies/e.codes give points towards quest result), the difficulty might be a factor too.
Eh, I might test it myself if I have the time....or someone else can do that for us :)
(Pretty sure it's already been done though, but where are the results?)
Yeah, you don't need to kill every spawn for srank.
A rank can be achieved by killing like 20-25 enemies already.

As for MB, ought to be a hell lot easier now than before but will still take you a good while.
Mostly cause a lot of enemies aren't guaranteed spawns outside tacos.
For example Fordoransa allegedly spawns in Kartagot Extermination, but I had 5 runs without one showing up.

As for cutscene icons, some are very inconveniently placed and you always have to check cirno cause the new translation for MB descriptions entirely omits the area now.
For example a number are after boss fights and many are in area 3 of some Arks quest (some are in distress signal which is p much the most annoying quest ever and searching the cutscene can trigger the mission and you can fail it before you find the icon, so you have to do it all over again and search all over again and possibly fail all over again).
In theory MB is straight forward and easy, in practice however, it's just as RNG as Dudu, even though with much better % now.

airprinzh2o
Sep 29, 2014, 11:29 AM
When trying to determine which PA is more powerful, what should I look at, the power %, dex modifier, or both?

I assume the power % is probably the PA's damage using normal attack as base? What about the dex modifier? What does it mean exactly?

IndigoNovember
Sep 29, 2014, 11:42 AM
You also have to consider execution speed, attack range, PP cost, freedom of movement, and other factors. It's best just to test it out in the field yourself rather than base the decision off of things like the power %. That being said, the power % does give a good general idea for which PAs are more damaging. Not sure about the dex modifier, sorry.

Nihility
Sep 29, 2014, 05:51 PM
Assuming no desire to use Elysion, focus mainly on talis, and some rod thrown in, ice or fire for the best all-content coverage for Fo/Te?

Is it worth investing in light or wind for TE? If so, which is superior? Planning 20/20 dark so far.

Rien
Sep 29, 2014, 06:51 PM
Assuming no desire to use Elysion, focus mainly on talis, and some rod thrown in, ice or fire for the best all-content coverage for Fo/Te?

Is it worth investing in light or wind for TE? If so, which is superior? Planning 20/20 dark so far.

Fire = mobbing

Ice = Boss

however there's more fire build friendly content right now (high level fire latent stuff)

as for TE, I think wind is better, mainly because Light suffers from hideous charge times (with the charge time craft ragrants being about the best you can get but ragrants has shit for range despite how it looks)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 29, 2014, 07:02 PM
When trying to determine which PA is more powerful, what should I look at, the power %, dex modifier, or both?

I assume the power % is probably the PA's damage using normal attack as base? What about the dex modifier? What does it mean exactly?

Power % primarily. I'm not sure what the dex modifier means either. Of course there's other factors like speed, range of attack, how much of the damage is backloaded on lengthy attacks (which still plagues a bunch of Hu weapon PAs), and PP:damage.

Two more things;

Power is actually accurate and consistent since the episode 3, making it really easy to judge total damage a PA is capable of relative to another simple PA of that same weapon category. Not so much across class combos because of different multipliers obviously.

Also, power rating on charged PAs represents that fully charged damage. eg: two tsukimi sazankas deal about the same damage as a properly charged sakura end (650 x 2 vs 1318 ) before stance charge skills. After stance charge, sakura end deals damage closer to two gekka zakuros.

Nihility
Sep 29, 2014, 08:27 PM
Fire = mobbing

Ice = Boss

however there's more fire build friendly content right now (high level fire latent stuff)

as for TE, I think wind is better, mainly because Light suffers from hideous charge times (with the charge time craft ragrants being about the best you can get but ragrants has shit for range despite how it looks)

Guess I'll go ice/dark/wind for the time being and if I find I really enjoy Fo/Te I'll just get more skill trees to cover all my bases. Thanks for the info.

horseship
Sep 29, 2014, 08:55 PM
Power is actually accurate and consistent since the episode 3, making it really easy to judge total damage a PA is capable of relative to another simple PA of that same weapon category. Not so much across class combos because of different multipliers obviously.

They've made the power ratings reliable for the most part, but you can't trust all of them. For example, Hatou, Ilmegid, and Sonic Arrow all do different amounts of damage depending on different conditions of the PA so it's hard to give them an accurate power rating.

Crazyleo
Sep 29, 2014, 09:50 PM
Has anyone from Canada manage to connect to play pso2?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 30, 2014, 01:48 AM
They've made the power ratings reliable for the most part, but you can't trust all of them. For example, Hatou, Ilmegid, and Sonic Arrow all do different amounts of damage depending on different conditions of the PA so it's hard to give them an accurate power rating.

Hatou's power rating is based off of the 6 hit sweet spot.
Power ratings do not account for weapon gear changes. Sonic arrow's power rating is accurate before weapon gear level is factored in.
Don't know about ilmegid first hand though.

the_importer_
Sep 30, 2014, 07:13 AM
Has anyone from Canada manage to connect to play pso2?

I can, Montreal areas with Electronic Box (Videotron re-seller), no need for VPN.

Shinamori
Sep 30, 2014, 07:39 AM
Best quest to farm Soul Receptor in PSO2es is...?

landman
Sep 30, 2014, 08:23 AM
On XQ, can rare bosses drop discs?

Achelousaurus
Sep 30, 2014, 08:33 AM
No discs in XQs, as well as no soul abilities on gear.
In turn there is a very low chance of getting Alter/Flict Arma/Tiro/Magia affixes, but you cannot transfer them with only 2 items. (not sure if you can if all 3 items have the ability).

Crazyleo
Sep 30, 2014, 08:56 AM
I can, Montreal areas with Electronic Box (Videotron re-seller), no need for VPN.

Doesn't help me. I'm in Ontario with Rogers. :-?

Achelousaurus
Sep 30, 2014, 09:10 AM
Default crit rate is 5%?
So, I only have a 5% chance of doing 100% damage?

What exactly does Shifta Critical do? probability of doing 100% damage?
And is Fighter's Critical Strike really worth it? I calculated a 2.25% damage increase (115% damage, 15% of the time) for 5 points.

Chdata
Sep 30, 2014, 11:14 AM
How do I get points for the current round?

Been killing natives for an hour - nothing.

Rien
Sep 30, 2014, 11:16 AM
How do I get points for the current round?

Been killing natives for an hour - nothing.

The round is over, the next is yet to start.

At least, that's what I think.

choshiiru
Sep 30, 2014, 01:20 PM
Default crit rate is 5%?
So, I only have a 5% chance of doing 100% damage?

What exactly does Shifta Critical do? probability of doing 100% damage?
And is Fighter's Critical Strike really worth it? I calculated a 2.25% damage increase (115% damage, 15% of the time) for 5 points.

Oh, I thought Crit Damage didn't double your damage but added 30% more or something

Idolon
Sep 30, 2014, 01:32 PM
Oh, I thought Crit Damage didn't double your damage but added 30% more or something

Criticals don't really do any more damage than normal hits. Normally you have some random variance factored into each hit. Criticals just remove the randomness and do the maximum damage that a normal hit could do. Fighters have a skill which bumps that up to 115% of your normal maximum damage though.

I_Am
Sep 30, 2014, 02:39 PM
So in the case of criticals, basically you have your 1 in let's say 50 chance of doing maximum damage(with a damage range of say 150-200) and then with each hit there's a 5% chance to instead of using the normal table just go straight to maximum? That seems like a lot of funny math when all's said and done.

Syklo
Sep 30, 2014, 07:45 PM
Iirc there are some skills which actually boost crit damage to go beyond your actual maximum.

Idk if that's actually worth going for though.

Tyreek
Sep 30, 2014, 08:02 PM
So, I did Chapter EX, and after 3 tries got my max points, and... Huey said I failed. WTF?

AgentLeopard
Sep 30, 2014, 11:45 PM
Hey.
I've been playing coy, but I want to say Thank You for the help before.
I am doing it and doing it well, and I am grateful.

If you ever feel like saying "hi", my ARKS card name is the same as this post name and I'm easy to pick out from the other Newman Ranger/Techers -I'm the tall one. ;)

(I may not have much to say, but that's nothing special unless you want to talk politics or Game of Thrones or something...)

Sanguine2009
Oct 1, 2014, 02:13 AM
if your blocked the only way to buy AC is to use a vpn or similar now right?

IndigoNovember
Oct 1, 2014, 02:17 AM
PSO2 es also works.

Shadowth117
Oct 1, 2014, 02:20 AM
if your blocked the only way to buy AC is to use a vpn or similar now right?

isao should actually still work. I'm blocked and it loads just fine for me:
https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2

Sanguine2009
Oct 1, 2014, 02:24 AM
isao should actually still work. I'm blocked and it loads just fine for me:
https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2

ah! totally forgot about this, thanks

Twinblaze
Oct 1, 2014, 05:48 AM
I completed the Difficulty Unlock II client order and turned it in, but it still won't let me do any missions on V. Hard. What else do I need to do to unlock it?

Kondibon
Oct 1, 2014, 05:52 AM
I completed the Difficulty Unlock II client order and turned it in, but it still won't let me do any missions on V. Hard. What else do I need to do to unlock it?
You need to be level 40 to do VH even if you have the difficulty unlocked.

Cure Shock
Oct 1, 2014, 06:02 AM
I want that my Support has a "Pure" (無垢) personality so she can often cast Resta. How can I do that?

Twinblaze
Oct 1, 2014, 06:09 AM
You need to be level 40 to do VH even if you have the difficulty unlocked.

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Sp-24
Oct 1, 2014, 06:34 AM
I want that my Support has a "Pure" (無垢) personality so she can often cast Resta. How can I do that?
Keep sending her on COs until she asks you what personality do you prefer her to have.

the_importer_
Oct 1, 2014, 08:18 AM
Doesn't help me. I'm in Ontario with Rogers. :-?

Ya, Rogers and Videotron are pretty much sharing the same network, which is why I find it strange that a it works Videotron re-seller, but not with Rogers and Videotron directly.

Well if you're like me and only have a cell phone and Internet (no land line or cable TV), you can always drop Rogers and go with Electronic Box which does server Ontario, $32 per month, 100GB of download and at 10Mbps. Only catch is that you'll have to buy a modem, $100.

Cure Shock
Oct 1, 2014, 10:06 AM
Keep sending her on COs until she asks you what personality do you prefer her to have.

Aaaand that's okay, but I don't play with english patch so I don't know exactly what's the right answer. So yea, I should look for 無垢?

Sp-24
Oct 1, 2014, 12:24 PM
「無垢」, yes. If you don't see that option, it means that your support partner had that personality all along, and you should pick the top option for her to keep it.

Rayden
Oct 1, 2014, 02:56 PM
Does PSO2 work on Windows 10?

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 1, 2014, 02:59 PM
Does PSO2 work on Windows 10?

I feel you're only asking that to draw attention to the fact that Windows 10 was announced.

Anyhow, how the hell would anyone know? They just announced the OS. To be realistic, it probably will be, but there will probably be some issues implementing it at first (Windows 8 anyone?)

Rayden
Oct 1, 2014, 03:03 PM
No, I'm asking because I actually want to know. The technical preview was released today, and I want to know in advance (if anyone else has tried it) before I install it myself. I vaguely recall that there were GameGuard problems with the technical preview of Windows 8 back when that was released.

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 1, 2014, 03:07 PM
No, I'm asking because I actually want to know. The technical preview was released today, and I want to know in advance (if anyone else has tried it) before I install it myself. I vaguely recall that there were GameGuard problems with the technical preview of Windows 8 back when that was released.

First of all, that was a joke I made. Sorry if it was in poor taste.

Second, the OS was just announced and won't be released until fall 2015. And anyone trying the new OS now in the insider program is probably under strict lock and key via non-disclosure agreements so they won't be able to say anything about it. So we're not going to get any answers on game compatibility, PSO2 or otherwise, for a while.

Hell, for all I know, it will be unable to run any old games and we'll have to buy Windows 10 adapted versions of our games for them to work right. :wacko:

the_importer_
Oct 1, 2014, 03:19 PM

Second, the OS was just announced and won't be released until fall 2015. And anyone trying the new OS now in the insider program is probably under strict lock and key via non-disclosure agreements so they won't be able to say anything about it. So we're not going to get any answers on game compatibility, PSO2 or otherwise, for a while.

Hell, for all I know, it will be unable to run any old games and we'll have to buy Windows 10 adapted versions of our games for them to work right. :wacko:

Unless PSO2 is programmed in VB, I think we should be safe.

Rayden
Oct 1, 2014, 03:44 PM

Sorry, but I think you're misunderstanding me a little.

The Windows 10 Technical Preview was released today. It's out already. Anyone can go and sign up for the insider program to download it. There's no NDA. I already have it downloaded. Anyone else here can download it. You can download it.

I usually upgrade to the new versions of Windows as soon as possible. I used the preview builds of Windows 7 and Windows 8, and now I want to move on to Windows 10. But I want to make sure that PSO2 (and GameGuard) will work properly on it, because if they don't then I'll probably hold off on upgrading. So I just want to know if anyone's tried it yet. ._.

gigawuts
Oct 1, 2014, 03:45 PM
I don't know either way, but generally it's safe to assume that gameguard fucking hates everything new.

NotRankin
Oct 1, 2014, 03:59 PM

Installing it on another laptop atm, it has PSO2 on it. When it's done I'll check, but I doubt it as GG checks the OS version (unless that was changed recently) which was why the windows 8/8.1 previews didn't work with pso2.

Rayden
Oct 1, 2014, 05:02 PM
Okay, thanks!

NotRankin
Oct 1, 2014, 05:08 PM
It works.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/bVQU6/f63be1d5be.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

It seemed to error out when it played a video, so you might need to install something to run it perfectly. Logging in to see what happens next.

gigawuts
Oct 1, 2014, 05:09 PM
well hot damn, that's awesome

NotRankin
Oct 1, 2014, 05:18 PM
I definitely wouldn't recommend playing it on Windows 10 at the moment though. Whether it's drivers or the fact I might be missing something, idk yet. But yea, feel free to play with it in a VM or another computer, don't "upgrade" to this yet, not until release.

Logged in fine though.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/bVRn5/0f21f38919.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Then the game broke after a few minutes.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/bVRr7/7caf8170fb.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Not sure what that means, time to google (unless someone else knows)

EDIT: Seems to be Gameguard. Why am I not surprised lol