PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

KazukiQZ
Oct 11, 2014, 05:35 AM
Only certain LA are loop type. For LA with short duration, it's not possible unless using macro program.

Achelousaurus
Oct 11, 2014, 10:48 AM
Which damage types does Warbrave boost?
Only striking or also ranged?

IndigoNovember
Oct 11, 2014, 11:44 AM
What do you mean use a proxy? Also I'm using a PSO tweaker.

Look up cyberkitsune's proxy. Again, this is only if you can't connect to PSO2 normally.

Should be all types.

Sp-24
Oct 11, 2014, 11:46 AM
War Brave's description doesn't mention any details whatsoever, just a generic damage boost. The way descriptions work in PSO2, this implies bonus to all damage types.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 11, 2014, 12:02 PM
I was hoping for a comprehensive response outlining the pro/con's of each of those PB's :|

Only PBs I ever see used are Ketos Proi, Julius Nifta, and Ilios Proi. Ketos for PP regen (extremely effective if your class has excellent PP dump damage), Julius Nifta for mobs (huge suction and damage), and Ilios Proi for bosses.

I don't think any other PBs are really worth looking at.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 11, 2014, 05:02 PM
Could someone possibly explain to me the pros n cons of using TE or FO as a main?

Debatin to see what I'd like to make my other char. I understand they both specialize in certain elements and FO uses Rods opposed to TE that uses wands but other than that don't know much in terms of comparison. And I suppose what are ideals subs for them......

Achelousaurus
Oct 11, 2014, 05:11 PM
Fo has elemental conversion as main only, which is a good dmg boost.
Te main only has shifta strike and deband toughness for casting.

Or you want to go melee te, but then you should sub hu or fi anyway.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 11, 2014, 05:12 PM
Could someone possibly explain to me the pros n cons of using TE or FO as a main?

Force is primarily tech usage and does better than any other class for any tech when mained. If you want to use techs, use Force. Techer's tech usage is inferior but still usable, but there's no point in maining Techer if you want to use techs. Techer's advantage is wand usage, which are basically melee weapons that can use techs too. Their basic attacks are strictly superior to any other melee weapon, but are also their only melee option. Very consistent damage, but lacking in range, which is where techs come in, to cover what the melee can't.

Basically, they're not comparable. Force is a tech class, Techer is a melee class that can use techs to a lesser extent.

As far as subclasses, Fi/Te/Br for Force, Hu/Fi/Br for Techer.

Sizustar
Oct 11, 2014, 05:14 PM

Debatin to see what I'd like to make my other char. I understand they both specialize in certain elements and FO uses Rods opposed to TE that uses wands but other than that don't know much in terms of comparison. And I suppose what are ideals subs for them......

Fo isn't Rod, but Tali, with the element conversion and Tali skill, and with Te as a sub, you get light/dark/wind depending on your skill

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 11, 2014, 05:32 PM
As far as subclasses, Fi/Te/Br for Force, Hu/Fi/Br for Techer.

Hmm? How does /BR benefit FO? Out of curiosity

Syklo
Oct 11, 2014, 05:42 PM
Only PBs I ever see used are Ketos Proi, Julius Nifta, and Ilios Proi. Ketos for PP regen (extremely effective if your class has excellent PP dump damage), Julius Nifta for mobs (huge suction and damage), and Ilios Proi for bosses.

I don't think any other PBs are really worth looking at.
Guess i'll be wasting some excubes again...

LonelyGaruga
Oct 11, 2014, 05:47 PM
Hmm? How does /BR benefit FO? Out of curiosity

Weak Stance, Banish Arrow, Asagiri dashing, Combat Finish. S-ATK Up 1 for equipping Elysion without requiring S-ATK on mag too, I guess.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 11, 2014, 06:15 PM
Weak Stance, Banish Arrow, Asagiri dashing, Combat Finish. S-ATK Up 1 for equipping Elysion without requiring S-ATK on mag too, I guess. ah....so I'd assume by normal circumstances you couldnt use Elysion on FO/TE w/o mag being involved. Would you use elysion on FO? If not what's ideal rod?

Rakurai
Oct 11, 2014, 06:24 PM
If you want to get the most out of FO, you should have a rod for each element (Though there isn't one that's good for wind at the moment).

Alternatively, you could shoot for getting the new 11* bow that has the Ancient Oath latent, which has perfect synergy with Weak Stance.

gigawuts
Oct 11, 2014, 06:29 PM
ah....so I'd assume by normal circumstances you couldnt use Elysion on FO/TE w/o mag being involved. Would you use elysion on FO? If not what's ideal rod?

The only elysion-capable class combination that lacks satk up is fo/ra and fo/gu. Everything else has satk up. It might cost you a few SP somewhere else on some classes, but certain classes (like Braver) have spare SP to throw into satk up.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 11, 2014, 06:29 PM
Ah yes.....FO revolves around having Rainbow weps.....hmmmmm so much for saving money haha

LonelyGaruga
Oct 11, 2014, 06:31 PM
ah....so I'd assume by normal circumstances you couldnt use Elysion on FO/TE w/o mag being involved. Would you use elysion on FO? If not what's ideal rod?

Yes, Force has S-ATK as such a low stat that only male Deuman can use Elysion as a Force normally (females can if they sub Fighter, but not as /Te or /Br). So you need either points in the mag or S-ATK Up 1 for everyone else.

Elysion is extremely useful for some techs that can be used viably uncharged. But ideally, you would use Elysions with matching element for those uncharged techs as well as Rods for each element and a Talis for each element. Hunter latents are good too. But using just one weapon is inefficient.

Sizustar
Oct 11, 2014, 07:04 PM
If you want to get the most out of FO, you should have a rod for each element (Though there isn't one that's good for wind at the moment).

Alternatively, you could shoot for getting the new 11* bow that has the Ancient Oath latent, which has perfect synergy with Weak Stance.

If using a Fo, Tali offers more attack with the skill

LonelyGaruga
Oct 11, 2014, 07:13 PM
Talis isn't exclusively better for the higher damage. Talis throws offer slower JAs, can't be used for enemies at close range, has poor TPS compatibility for aiming techs, and can't be used for close range Zondeels > AoE combos. If we were talking purely about numbers, sure, Talis are better, but that's not the case here. You should get both.

Skyly
Oct 11, 2014, 07:23 PM
If using a Fo, Tali offers more attack with the skill

1. For a fire build would it be better to use a rod or a talis as Fo/Te? Answerd.. Get both.
2. The Bert Rodan is the fire rod and the fire talis is the Koushousen.
3. Are all fire techs easily useable with the talis?
4. Could someone post a video displaying Fo/Te mobbing and bossing?

Oobershire
Oct 11, 2014, 07:34 PM
Anyone else not able to use Google Chrome while pso2 is running?

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 11, 2014, 08:17 PM
Is there an ideal element to specialize in for FO? I remember when the last time i touched it people usually mained Lightning and Ice was mediocre lol

Kondibon
Oct 11, 2014, 08:39 PM
Is there an ideal element to specialize in for FO? I remember when the last time i touched it people usually mained Lightning and Ice was mediocre lolIf you're only gonna pick one, I hear fire is good. Pretty sure you can get fire and ice together though.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 11, 2014, 08:42 PM
1. For a fire build would it be better to use a rod or a talis as Fo/Te? Answerd.. Get both.
2. The Bert Rodan is the fire rod and the fire talis is the Koushousen.
3. Are all fire techs easily useable with the talis?
4. Could someone post a video displaying Fo/Te mobbing and bossing?

Besides Foie and Nafoie, there should be no trouble using Fire techs off a Talis. Talis offers poor TPS aiming for Foie, and Nafoie drops straight down off a Talis, so you have to throw it over the target to drop the fireball onto them. In some ways, Talis Nafoie can be more usable (such as dropping it on De Malmoth's weak point), but it's definitely impractical to use compared to with a Rod.

Safoie actually gains usability off a Talis, as it will sweep in the direction it's being aimed at, unlike using it with other weapons, where the tech always hits the same area in front of you.

Though, fire tech charge times mean that you have to throw a Talis bit out more frequently than with other techs, due to only lasting for four casts at most.

I can't help with 4, but searching on Niconico should be useful.

@Dark Emerald EXE: Fire is best right now. But it would be better to get multiple skill trees if you can.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 11, 2014, 09:15 PM
If you're only gonna pick one, I hear fire is good. Pretty sure you can get fire and ice together though.

Figured the tree was still set where you could only specialize in 1 effectively

Kondibon
Oct 11, 2014, 09:22 PM
Figured the tree was still set where you could only specialize in 1 effectively
This is the tree I had in mind (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08fbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0 jdodBIb00000000jdoIn0000008doib0000006do000000lobs iNdsGBIklkGAIkIk00000ioIn0000000lbIo000000fdoIb000 000f). You could probably squeeze some more damage out of tech Ja and tech up 2 if you only want to focus on one element though.

Again, I hear fire is a good all purpose element.

Nihility
Oct 11, 2014, 09:25 PM
Anyone else not able to use Google Chrome while pso2 is running?

I can use it just fine. Not sure what issue you might be running into though.

Cure Shock
Oct 12, 2014, 05:55 AM
I tried to give a 10* to my friend recently. We're both prem, but it seems I can't see it during trading and I can't give it to him (it's unlocked too). So we moved to Team Room and I tried to deposit it in Team Storage, but nothing. So I guess you can't trade 10* or something?

KazukiQZ
Oct 12, 2014, 06:03 AM
^Yes. You can only trade 10* (and 11* too) via player shop. Even then, your friend need to have 10* weapon pass, obtainable from Recycle Shop.

SInce both of you are premium, this step should be easy:

1. Your friend use junk 10* weapon, and turn it to pass
2. You put the desired weapon on shop (and put a price tag), and your friend instantly search your shop shortly after that.
3. Buy and done! :3

sol_trigger
Oct 12, 2014, 07:19 AM
does hunter's just guard work like the katana guard ? right timing = no dmg ?

Kondibon
Oct 12, 2014, 08:03 AM
does hunter's just guard work like the katana guard ? right timing = no dmg ?Yes.http://i.imgur.com/AEDyXrG.png

sol_trigger
Oct 12, 2014, 08:42 AM
do i need to learn the skill "flash guard" to be able to do a just guard ?

Neith
Oct 12, 2014, 09:17 AM
do i need to learn the skill "flash guard" to be able to do a just guard ?

No, you need 'Just Guard' (on Hunter skill tree). Flash Guard is a passive skill that has a chance of reducing damage. If you learn Just Guard you'll be able to do a timed block that negates damage and bounces some of it back on the enemy. You need to time it just as the enemy hits you though.

Kondibon
Oct 12, 2014, 09:26 AM
Just guard (and just counter, which lets you JA right after a just guard) are both unlocked by default.

Flash guard was changed. It always has a 100% chance to activate and leveling it increases the damage reduction instead. Like Neith said though, it's unrelated to just guarding.

sol_trigger
Oct 12, 2014, 11:59 AM
does daily orders stack to another day ? if we dont finish them in will new DOs appear the day after?

ashley50
Oct 12, 2014, 12:13 PM
does daily orders stack to another day ? if we dont finish them in will new DOs appear the day after?

Yes, they do stack.

Once you have them on your CO list, they will stay there until you either remove or turn them in.

Kilich
Oct 12, 2014, 01:40 PM
Is it possible for somebody on this forum to translate my feedback for current pso2 survey? It still has three days left.

Sizustar
Oct 12, 2014, 03:08 PM
Is it possible for somebody on this forum to translate my feedback for current pso2 survey? It still has three days left.

You can post it, and see if anyone translate it in this or the survey topic

sol_trigger
Oct 12, 2014, 06:56 PM
Yes, they do stack.

Once you have them on your CO list, they will stay there until you either remove or turn them in.

if i dont finish them will new DOs appear ?

mopdog
Oct 12, 2014, 06:56 PM
So I have a lot of questions about the fighter class:

1. With Tech Arts JA Bonus at max lvl, how long is the duration? Like once I get the bonus does my atk power stay increased for a couple of seconds? Or is it only applied for immediate skill use? I.E If I use PA A > PA B (1st time) > B (2nd time) does my Tech Arts JA Bonus from going from PA B > B again immediately go away?

2. I practically only play with my friends in PSO2. Right now I'm only a low level, but I find myself often fighting the bosses at their backs (I like to think it is safer at the back and I can avoid being hit more often here). Is this just a newbie thing or is it in parties (with people who are long ranged,) do Fighters just not hold Aggro?

If that's the case, should I just invest into wise stance?

Edit: Thanks Kondibon

3. The skill Crazy Heart only works when under a status condition. How often does this even happen? Is it possible to give myself a status effect intentionally without the use of another monster/player?

4. Chase advance only works when monsters are under status conditions. Is afflicting status effects on boss monsters hard or even likely to begin with to make the skill worthwhile? Or am I better off just dumping skillpoints into Striking up or Critical passives?

Thanks in advance, your help is always appreciated! :D

Kondibon
Oct 12, 2014, 07:06 PM
So I have a lot of questions about the fighter class:

1. With Tech Arts JA Bonus at max lvl, how long is the duration? Like once I get the bonus does my atk power stay increased for a couple of seconds? Or is it only applied for immediate skill use? I.E If I use PA A > PA B (1st time) > B (2nd time) does my Tech Arts JA Bonus from going from PA B > B again immediately go away?

2. I practically only play with my friends in PSO2. Right now I'm only a low level, but I find myself often fighting the bosses at their backs (I like to think it is safer at the back and I can avoid being hit more often here). Is this just a newbie thing or is it in parties (with people who are long ranged,) do Fighters just not hold Aggro?

If that's the case, should I just invest into wise stance?

3. The skill Crazy Heart only works when under a status condition. How often does this even happen? Is it possible to give myself a status effect intentionally without the use of another monster/player?

4. Chase advance only works when monsters are under status conditions. Is afflicting status effects on boss monsters hard or even likely to begin with to make the skill worthwhile? Or am I better off just dumping skillpoints into Striking up or Critical passives?

Thanks in advance, your help is always appreciated! :DEDIT: Moved post here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200508&page=211)

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2014, 07:15 PM
Missing a few parts of the Story Mode and a partner character (Warning: SPOILERS)

So ya, by watching the cut scenes in my room, I've noticed that I have not seen some of them by playing. Some are normal just minor ones that I could unlock my re-selecting the proper matter board and taking the proper quest but others, I have no idea how I'm suppose to get them.

[spoiler-box]
1- How do I see the EP2 ending where Regius confronts Luther who then gets eaten by Double.

2- I seem to be able to go on a quest with Melphonsina in what looks to be an area where my ship once crashed on but got killed because I wasn't ready for this place

3- How do I get Melphonsina's partner card, I've already did everything story wise:
[spoiler-box]http://i58.tinypic.com/2qx84qq.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/eg2tz.jpg[/spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

Shadowth117
Oct 12, 2014, 07:27 PM
Missing a few parts of the Story Mode and a partner character (Warning: SPOILERS)

So ya, by watching the cut scenes in my room, I've noticed that I have not seen some of them by playing. Some are normal just minor ones that I could unlock my re-selecting the proper matter board and taking the proper quest but others, I have no idea how I'm suppose to get them.

[spoiler-box]
1- How do I see the EP2 ending where Regius confronts Luther who then gets eaten by Double.

2- I seem to be able to go on a quest with Melphonsina in what looks to be an area where my ship once crashed on but got killed because I wasn't ready for this place

3- How do I get Melphonsina's partner card, I've already did everything story wise:
[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]2- I seem to be able to go on a quest with Melphonsina in what looks to be an area where my ship once crashed on but got killed because I wasn't ready for this place

3- How do I get Melphonsina's partner card, I've already did everything story wise:[/spoiler-box]

Okay, lets be real here. Do you not see what you have to do there? 2's completion is required to get 3 and your claim in 3 cannot be true if you haven't done 2.

As for that ep2 ending, was that the cutscene you get for story completion in an event tablet after Dark Falz Luther mission in the eq? Its been a while since I saw it, but I think that's where it was...

Kondibon
Oct 12, 2014, 07:35 PM

[spoiler-box]

[/spoiler-box]1. tablet in the falz luther eq boss room.
2. you have to have completed the abduction quest. It sounds like you've been in it but not completed it.
3. Compete the story quest with that you need to complete abduction to unlock.

Okay, lets be real here. Do you not see what you have to do there? 2's completion is required to get 3 and your claim in 3 cannot be true if you haven't done 2.If someone doesn't know there's a secret story quest then they won't knoe they haven't completed it all. I'm pretty sure Importer meant all the ones they have now.

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2014, 07:36 PM
[spoiler-box]2- I seem to be able to go on a quest with Melphonsina in what looks to be an area where my ship once crashed on but got killed because I wasn't ready for this place

3- How do I get Melphonsina's partner card, I've already did everything story wise:[/spoiler-box]

Okay, lets be real here. Do you not see what you have to do there? 2's completion is required to get 3 and your claim in 3 cannot be true if you haven't done 2.

As for that ep2 ending, was that the cutscene you get for story completion in an event tablet after Dark Falz Luther mission in the eq? Its been a while since I saw it, but I think that's where it was...

I did everything on the matter boards (did you see the pictures?), so I can I miss a Story quest?

Nihility
Oct 12, 2014, 07:41 PM
Ideal units for a 50+ FO?

Bumping this.

Kondibon
Oct 12, 2014, 07:44 PM
so I can I miss a Story quest?You need to have completed the abduction in order to get that darker den story quest.

EDIT: for clarity, you get randomly at the beginning of TAs when you've S-ranked a lot of them.

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2014, 08:16 PM
You need to have completed the abduction in order to get that darker den story quest.

EDIT: for clarity, you get randomly at the beginning of TAs when you've S-ranked a lot of them.

Oh, you mean that if I hadn't got killed by that possessed ship that first time, that I would have unlocked what I need now?! Ironic that when that ship is there to help me, that it can't take down a rappy but when it's after me, it's shoot to kill.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

Kondibon
Oct 12, 2014, 08:19 PM
Oh, you mean that if I hadn't got killed by that possessed ship that first time, that I would have unlocked what I need now?! Ironic that when that ship is there to help me, that it can't take down a rappy but when it's after me, it's shoot to kill.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.Which ship are you on? If you're on 2 I can run some TAs with you to get abducted. It's a lot easier when you have someone to res you if you die.

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2014, 08:29 PM
Which ship are you on? If you're on 2 I can run some TAs with you to get abducted. It's a lot easier when you have someone to res you if you die.

Afraid I'm on ship 6. Now that I know how to replicate this random event, I'll be ready for it plus, that was like 10 levels ago, pretty sure that stupid ship won't get the best of me next time.

Thanks for the offer anyway

Kondibon
Oct 12, 2014, 08:34 PM
Afraid I'm on ship 6. Now that I know how to replicate this random event, I'll be ready for it plus, that was like 10 levels ago, pretty sure that stupid ship won't get the best of me next time.

Thanks for the offer anyway

Good luck~

MistahBlob
Oct 12, 2014, 09:46 PM
So... what happened to B20 since February? Started playing again roughly a week ago and place is near dead... (and I've been on almost every EQ and still near empty) is there a new place all the english players play on now at ship2?

Kondibon
Oct 12, 2014, 09:48 PM
So... what happened to B20 since February? Started playing again roughly a week ago and place is near dead... (and I've been on almost every EQ and still near empty) is there a new place all the english players play on now at ship2?

After the DDoS, Sega did some stuff and now it's harder toget on with certain IPs. I guess some people just stopped bothering.

Hatsodoom
Oct 12, 2014, 10:26 PM
How does the Bouncer Skill "Elemental PP Restorate Field" work? Does it apply to techniques and physical attacks, or just one of them? Also do I have to hit the enemt weak point, or will anywhere work.

Kondibon
Oct 12, 2014, 10:32 PM
How does the Bouncer Skill "Elemental PP Restorate Field" work? Does it apply to techniques and physical attacks, or just one of them? Also do I have to hit the enemt weak point, or will anywhere work.It only works for normal attacks. Any spot works but your weapon has to match the enemy's weakness (which, honestly is dumb for a support skill on a cool down with a limited range).

sol_trigger
Oct 12, 2014, 10:40 PM
1. differences between force and techer ?
2. about Bouncer, if i use switch stance then use tech-type attack (example zondel) will the dmg based on Satk or still Tatk ?

Hatsodoom
Oct 12, 2014, 10:43 PM
It only works for normal attacks. Any spot works but your weapon has to match the enemy's weakness (which, honestly is dumb for a support skill on a cool down with a limited range).

Well, good thing I still have a Reset Pass, thanks.

suzaku0zero0
Oct 12, 2014, 10:54 PM
Does Bo's rapid boost effects charge speed of techs if I use rod or wand? Or is it exclusive to boots?

the_importer_
Oct 12, 2014, 10:58 PM
Just get this Force Weapon that doesn't seem to be on cirnopedia, any, idea what it is and more importantly, it's potential?

[spoiler-box]http://i57.tinypic.com/2wn8l6q.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Rakurai
Oct 12, 2014, 10:59 PM
It's exclusive to Jet Boots.

Which is unfortunate, since it would've given the class more appeal as a sub for FO or TE.

Just get this Force Weapon that doesn't seem to be on cirnopedia, any, idea what it is and more importantly, it's potential?

[spoiler-box]http://i57.tinypic.com/2wn8l6q.jpg[/spoiler-box]

It has the latent that boosts ice tech damage. We were long overdue for getting a decent weapon with that ability.

Fusionxglave
Oct 12, 2014, 11:03 PM
Hey you guys this post got me down and was wondering if it has anything related to PSO2 industry structure.

Sorry Friends, Toro’s Friend Network Will Shut Down In March 2015 In Japan
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/12/sorry-friends-toros-friend-network-will-shut-march-2015-japan/#iPxQTEHLOGTPoCfm.99

Toro happens to be a support partner on the visual device and I was wondering if this place shuts down does will PSO2 be like it as well and closes after a couple of years.:(

Leave some comments and some good thoughts.

P.S. I can be little paranoid about these things if PSO2 characters or anything like sega related topic comes I assume the worst.^^;

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 12, 2014, 11:21 PM
Hey you guys this post got me down and was wondering if it has anything related to PSO2 industry structure.

Sorry Friends, Toro’s Friend Network Will Shut Down In March 2015 In Japan
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/12/sorry-friends-toros-friend-network-will-shut-march-2015-japan/#iPxQTEHLOGTPoCfm.99

Toro happens to be a support partner on the visual device and I was wondering if this place shuts down does will PSO2 be like it as well and closes after a couple of years.:(

Leave some comments and some good thoughts.

P.S. I can be little paranoid about these things if PSO2 characters or anything like sega related topic comes I assume the worst.^^;

I think you don't have much to fear to be honest. Last I checked, PSO2 was one of the more successful MMOs in Japan. Will it end? At some point, yeah. But SEGA wants this to be another PSO, so they won't want it ending anytime soon.

SakuRei
Oct 12, 2014, 11:29 PM
AC bought Character Slot question:

If I bought another character slot via AC, and I want to delete the character I created, will that slot still be able to create another character or do I have to spend another 500 AC for that slot to re-open again?

Shadowth117
Oct 12, 2014, 11:32 PM

If I bought another character slot via AC, and I want to delete the character I created, will that slot still be able to create another character or do I have to spend another 500 AC for that slot to re-open again?

It will not be open and you'd need to spend 500 AC to reopen it. The only time you can remake is if you delete a character with only 2 or less to start with since you have 2 slots for free. Also note that deleting a character you made 1st or 2nd does NOT give you back a free slot. So yeah.

Stealthcmc1974
Oct 12, 2014, 11:33 PM

You buy characters, not character slots. If you delete said character, you gotta fork up another 500AC. You can only have 2 free characters. I also recommend not deleting old characters either if you bought new ones. Principle works the same way: only two freebies allowed.

EDIT: The ninjas got me!

the_importer_
Oct 13, 2014, 12:07 AM
It has the latent that boosts ice tech damage. We were long overdue for getting a decent weapon with that ability.

Thanks for the info. As for the weapon, I think I'll sale this and keep going with my Esca Hermes which could be debated as the best Force weapon in the game if you go for elemental weakness.

EDIT: That was an easy 5 000 000

LonelyGaruga
Oct 13, 2014, 12:27 AM
Esca Hermes is really average as far as Rods go lmao. You should keep the Nepto Rod, rainbow Rod setups are far more effective than just one, and Nepto is one of the best for Ice.

EDIT: Why did you sell that. Get another one.

the_importer_
Oct 13, 2014, 12:43 AM
Esca Hermes is really average as far as Rods go lmao. You should keep the Nepto Rod, rainbow Rod setups are far more effective than just one, and Nepto is one of the best for Ice.

Once you get Discerning Eye at Lv3 and use the proper elemental weakness against the enemies, you get better damage than the Boosted Techniques at 16% Weapons, I know, I tried it.

-I bought a couple of Divine Amaterasu
-Used one on top of the other to get 50 Light Attribute
-Unlocked it's Lv3 potential (all of those Sphere that we got last update lost market value, so 12 was no big sacrifice)
-I grinded it back to 10 after getting Lv3
-I compared this new weapon with my Esca Hermes in the Ruins (neither had any sort of attack boosting abilities)

Divine Amaterasu has 59 less T-Attack power, but even if they were equal, my Esca Hermes still would have kicked it's ass. The average damage for the same type of darker with my Esca Hermes was 5900 and with the Divine Amaterasu, 5100.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 13, 2014, 12:50 AM
That makes no sense. 8% more damage is way more than 59 T-ATK. You did something wrong.

Esca Hermes has way less T-ATK than most 16% rods right now anyway, Divine Amaterasu is outclassed by Caduceus, and Nepto Rod is one of those rods with higher T-ATK than Esca Hermes. Either way, Esca Hermes is a very average Rod right now. Average T-ATK, average potential.

the_importer_
Oct 13, 2014, 01:00 AM
That makes no sense. 8% more damage is way more than 59 T-ATK. You did something wrong.

Esca Hermes has way less T-ATK than most 16% rods right now anyway, Divine Amaterasu is outclassed by Caduceus, and Nepto Rod is one of those rods with higher T-ATK than Esca Hermes. Either way, Esca Hermes is a very average Rod right now. Average T-ATK, average potential.

Do you know the hidden Lv3 potential Esca Hermes? It's Elemental Weakness, this increases the weakness (or boost the tech, which ever way you want to see it) if you use the proper weakness on an enemy. Obviously, this would have no impact on creatures without an elemental weakness, but considering there's only a few of these in the games, no big deal.

Hey, if you have some cash and spheres to spare, give a it a try, math doesn't lie. Hell, even if the power was equal or even a bit better, this still wouldn't justify having to grind and unlock the potential of 6 weapons just to have a fancy rainbow pallet.

Kondibon
Oct 13, 2014, 01:25 AM
Hell, even if the power was equal or even a bit better, this still wouldn't justify having to grind and unlock the potential of 6 weapons just to have a fancy rainbow pallet.Except then you don't get the full bonus from element conversion.

the_importer_
Oct 13, 2014, 01:42 AM
Except then you don't get the full bonus from element conversion.

That's very true, but then again, you normally only need 2 elements in any given field (unless you count the Toy Darkers in Shironia) and it boils down to these 5 combos:

Fire + Light: Native + Darkers
Fire + Dark: Insect Darkers (2nd weakness) + Sactum Dragons/Titans
Ice + Light: Cave Dragons/Oceanids + Darkers
Bolt + Light: Mechs + Darkers
Bolt + Dark: Aquatic Darkers (2nd weakness) + Sky Dragons

I have 3 trees for my Force and 3 for my Techer, each of them have an elemental mastery. Using the new 10 preset feature with the EP3 update, I'm now able to switch my trees to one of these presets in seconds.

On that note, goodnight, very late here.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 13, 2014, 01:59 AM
Here's the numbers on Divine Staff Amaterasu vs Esca Hermes. Here's (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08uDbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk jdt8dodBIb00000000jdoIn0000008doib0000006do000000l obsfHn2SGA2XIk000000ioInfcKfdnGAqBIkIxGA2N00000lbI o000000fdoIb000000f) the build I'll be using.

Tech formula = (T-ATK - T-DEF) / 5 * Elemental Hitzone * tech modifier * skill modifiers (potential, class skills, JA, etc)

Example T-DEF will be 250, elemental hitzone will be 1.2x (standard for enemies with two weaknesses), tech modifier will be Ragrants. Affixes will be assumed to be +60, 50 Light element, Shifta bonuses will be ignored, Just Attack and Photon Flare will be applied.

Esca Hermes: (2847 - 250) / 5 * 1.2 * 11.68 * 4.03 = 29,388 (5877 per hit)
Divine Staff Amaterasu: (2788 - 250) / 5 * 1.2 * 11.68 * 4.32 = 30,734 (6146 per hit)

The difference gets higher the more ATK you add, so Shifta, Shifta Drink, and better affixes would make the difference larger. With the numbers provided, Divine Amaterasu is 5% stronger than Esca Hermes.

You should be using Caduceus anyway for this.

Caduceus: (2905 - 250) / 5 * 1.2 * 11.68 * 4.32 = 32,151 (6430 per hit)

9% stronger than Esca Hermes, 5% stronger than Divine Amaterasu.

A full rainbow palette is the most optimal way to play Force. That is fact. You don't have to min-max, but Esca Hermes is still far from being the best at anything.

milranduil
Oct 13, 2014, 02:14 AM
math doesn't lie

You're right, it doesn't. 16 > 8

the_importer_
Oct 13, 2014, 09:05 AM
Here's the numbers on Divine Staff Amaterasu vs Esca Hermes. Here's (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08uDbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk jdt8dodBIb00000000jdoIn0000008doib0000006do000000l obsfHn2SGA2XIk000000ioInfcKfdnGAqBIkIxGA2N00000lbI o000000fdoIb000000f) the build I'll be using.

Tech formula = (T-ATK - T-DEF) / 5 * Elemental Hitzone * tech modifier * skill modifiers (potential, class skills, JA, etc)

Example T-DEF will be 250, elemental hitzone will be 1.2x (standard for enemies with two weaknesses), tech modifier will be Ragrants. Affixes will be assumed to be +60, 50 Light element, Shifta bonuses will be ignored, Just Attack and Photon Flare will be applied.

Esca Hermes: (2847 - 250) / 5 * 1.2 * 11.68 * 4.03 = 29,388 (5877 per hit)
Divine Staff Amaterasu: (2788 - 250) / 5 * 1.2 * 11.68 * 4.32 = 30,734 (6146 per hit)

The difference gets higher the more ATK you add, so Shifta, Shifta Drink, and better affixes would make the difference larger. With the numbers provided, Divine Amaterasu is 5% stronger than Esca Hermes.

You should be using Caduceus anyway for this.

Caduceus: (2905 - 250) / 5 * 1.2 * 11.68 * 4.32 = 32,151 (6430 per hit)

9% stronger than Esca Hermes, 5% stronger than Divine Amaterasu.

A full rainbow palette is the most optimal way to play Force. That is fact. You don't have to min-max, but Esca Hermes is still far from being the best at anything.

I can't say anything about Cadueceux because I have not tried it, but like I said before, I tried Divine Amaterasu and my results were not the same as yours. I've spent about 20 minutes hunting Dahgash in the ruins and the end results were the same with every one of them.

So I don't know what else to tell you man, maybe there's something off in your numbers (don't know the source you're used, perhaps their info is not up to date). Maybe it would help if I gave you the trees I used back when I tried this and also inform you that my subclass is Techer: http://pso2skillsimulator.com/simulator/?code=26H.2bE.2dg.2gl.2hX.2jI.2rM.2to.2v0.2Zz.3*10-4Ld.4RM.4Tl.4Y9.4ZQ.5jc.5kO.5J0.6*10

Still, even if your numbers would have been the results I've gotten, the difference is minor IMPOV. Such a little amount would never mean the difference between life and death for me and as mentioned earlier, would not justify having to grind 6 weapons 40 times and spending 12 spheres a pop, not to mention all the stress spent behind having to deal with Dudu.

EDIT: I still like your formula however and even if it was off for me by like 1000, it could still prove useful in getting a general idea for attacks. That being said, could you elaborate on the "skill modifiers" and explain to me how my Esca Hermes got 4.03 and the other 4.32? Thanks

Hatsodoom
Oct 13, 2014, 10:02 AM
Ok, the wording on Element Stance has me confused. What attacks does the stance apply to?

Rien
Oct 13, 2014, 10:30 AM
ALL THE ATTACKS.

As long as the element matches.

『  』
Oct 13, 2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the info. As for the weapon, I think I'll sale this and keep going with my Esca Hermes which could be debated as the best Force weapon in the game if you go for elemental weakness.

EDIT: That was an easy 5 000 000

I lol'd at that "best force weapon" part pretty hard. The rest of the response is in line with the fact that you have the capacity to buy weapons and have multiple trees, yet still waste meseta on things I would just excube.

"go for elemental weakness" = rainbow set
If you do rainbow set, Hermes pales in comparison to most weapons.

If you do not do rainbow set, one normally would focus, meaning specific weapons/trees for 1 or 2 element.
I have sets for dark fo/te and fire set fo/br. Works so well that I do not even care about the others, focused ice/lightning/light/wind builds for almost all situations can go screw themselves in the current state of the game.

If your just doing one universal weapon for multiple trees while not caring about losing damage, then bio/autumn rod/talis better than that weapon. Pick the element you mess around with the most, attribute grind, done.

Hell, even the bow I use for fire fo/br on my fun character is better than that rod, and it lets me step anytime + ja occasional banish arrow between my endless fire tech spams lolz.

[Spoiler-box]http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab213/alicew93/pso20141013_111210_001_zpsb2085a82.jpg[/Spoiler-box]

Hatsodoom
Oct 13, 2014, 11:49 AM
ALL THE ATTACKS.

As long as the element matches.

Figured, thanks.

LordKaiser
Oct 13, 2014, 12:14 PM
Can someone link the guide to take perfect screenshots?

LonelyGaruga
Oct 13, 2014, 12:32 PM
I can't say anything about Cadueceux because I have not tried it, but like I said before, I tried Divine Amaterasu and my results were not the same as yours. I've spent about 20 minutes hunting Dahgash in the ruins and the end results were the same with every one of them.

So I don't know what else to tell you man, maybe there's something off in your numbers (don't know the source you're used, perhaps their info is not up to date). Maybe it would help if I gave you the trees I used back when I tried this and also inform you that my subclass is Techer: http://pso2skillsimulator.com/simulator/?code=26H.2bE.2dg.2gl.2hX.2jI.2rM.2to.2v0.2Zz.3*10-4Ld.4RM.4Tl.4Y9.4ZQ.5jc.5kO.5J0.6*10

Still, even if your numbers would have been the results I've gotten, the difference is minor IMPOV. Such a little amount would never mean the difference between life and death for me and as mentioned earlier, would not justify having to grind 6 weapons 40 times and spending 12 spheres a pop, not to mention all the stress spent behind having to deal with Dudu.

EDIT: I still like your formula however and even if it was off for me by like 1000, it could still prove useful in getting a general idea for attacks. That being said, could you elaborate on the "skill modifiers" and explain to me how my Esca Hermes got 4.03 and the other 4.32? Thanks

Just testing damage does nothing if you didn't check all the variables. Light PSE, Shifta, different weak points, whether the enemies had a Deband effect on them or not, those kinds of things. Regardless of what you did, the damage formula I provided is the same one that has been in the game ever since it started. Divine Amaterasu is mathematically better than Esca Hermes. You can check the formula here (http://phantasystaronline2.net/%E3%83%80%E3%83%A1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E8%A8%88%E7%A E%97).

I need more information than just your build to accurately use the formula. Race, affixes, mag stats, tech(s) used, and unit bonus please.

Skill modifiers are all the multipliers involved.

Shared: Just Attack (1.3x), Element Conversion (1.25x), Tech JA Advance (1.1x), Tech Charge Advance 1 & 2 (1.21x, or 1.1x twice), Light Mastery 1 & 2 (1.44x, or 1.2x twice), Element Weak Hit (1.2x) = 3.73x
Esca Hermes: Discerning Eye (1.08x) = 4.03x
Divine Staff Amaterasu: Lunar Deity (1.16x) = 4.32x

I can't say you're wrong for not wanting to put in the effort for a rainbow palette, since there are pros and cons to both, but you forfeit any right to discuss what's good and what isn't with that decision. It values ease of acquisition and low costs over effectiveness, which defeats the point of discussing what is best.

sol_trigger
Oct 13, 2014, 07:42 PM
is there any point for using kanzan-nadeshiko ? i mean, sakura-endo doest almost the same dmg but faster casting time

horseship
Oct 13, 2014, 07:51 PM
Kazan has much more range compared to sakura, which makes it useful for taking out large groups of mobs. It's still quite slow though, so the only time you'd use it over kanran is if you really needed the power.

Galax
Oct 13, 2014, 09:57 PM
Is there a matching helmet hairstyle and/or accessory to use with the new Sol Protector?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 13, 2014, 10:41 PM
Is there a matching helmet hairstyle and/or accessory to use with the new Sol Protector?

None released with it. Get creative/look through the accessory archive, and try something that may fit.

branflakes325
Oct 14, 2014, 01:49 AM
Is it possible to get -12 PP Efficient Foie craft (range = 3-12) without using Merit +30%? I assume it's possible but extremely unlikely, which sucks because I really want this max craft and Merit +10% cannot be used for some reason.

Kilich
Oct 14, 2014, 04:20 AM
Can you translate this for me?

Please allow changing legwear bodypaint outside of esthe shop.
I want to visit the peaceful ARKS ship city
Please add more exploration to planets and space.
Fix the lag, please.

arnd
Oct 14, 2014, 07:45 AM

プロテクトルバンテージ (Protector Bandage) is the accessory released with it. As for the hairstyle, they used Argon Wolf for the pre-designed character, but other hairstyles should work fine too.

Selphea
Oct 14, 2014, 10:02 AM
How do I lock on to Apos Dorios' belly? Tab seems to cycle between his hands and extra heads and Q never hits it. Right now I'm using Q from the side to lock on to its body and then going back to the front to hope for lucky hits.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 14, 2014, 10:36 AM
^I seriously don't think you can lock-on to Apos Dorios' belly. You have to go into TPS mode to apply WB's (or Banish Arrow ----> Final/Last Nemesis, Technics, etc.) on his belly manually.

And when you have destroyed the 4 pillars, which stuns him to the ground, you have to climb on top of him (which can be a serious pain), go into TPS mode, and apply WB on his belly from the top.

Galax
Oct 14, 2014, 11:20 AM
プロテクトルバンテージ (Protector Bandage) is the accessory released with it. As for the hairstyle, they used Argon Wolf for the pre-designed character, but other hairstyles should work fine too.

I was hoping for an actual helmet. So far, none of the ones currently released will work for what I'm gunning for; the closest would be the Ior Mail's matching helmet, except it turns your face in to a bird.

the_importer_
Oct 14, 2014, 11:21 AM
Just testing damage does nothing if you didn't check all the variables. Light PSE, Shifta, different weak points, whether the enemies had a Deband effect on them or not, those kinds of things. Regardless of what you did, the damage formula I provided is the same one that has been in the game ever since it started. Divine Amaterasu is mathematically better than Esca Hermes. You can check the formula here (http://phantasystaronline2.net/%E3%83%80%E3%83%A1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E8%A8%88%E7%A E%97).

I need more information than just your build to accurately use the formula. Race, affixes, mag stats, tech(s) used, and unit bonus please.

Skill modifiers are all the multipliers involved.

Shared: Just Attack (1.3x), Element Conversion (1.25x), Tech JA Advance (1.1x), Tech Charge Advance 1 & 2 (1.21x, or 1.1x twice), Light Mastery 1 & 2 (1.44x, or 1.2x twice), Element Weak Hit (1.2x) = 3.73x
Esca Hermes: Discerning Eye (1.08x) = 4.03x
Divine Staff Amaterasu: Lunar Deity (1.16x) = 4.32x

I can't say you're wrong for not wanting to put in the effort for a rainbow palette, since there are pros and cons to both, but you forfeit any right to discuss what's good and what isn't with that decision. It values ease of acquisition and low costs over effectiveness, which defeats the point of discussing what is best.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Well a Light PSE would have works in favor for both weapons, I was hitting the enemies in the same spot and I was not using Shifta. That being said, if you're telling me that enemies can somehow use deband on themselves, then I have to admit that this is news to me and if this is true, then my test would be voided.

Selphea
Oct 14, 2014, 11:31 AM
^I seriously don't think you can lock-on to Apos Dorios' belly. You have to go into TPS mode to apply WB's (or Banish Arrow ----> Final/Last Nemesis, Technics, etc.) on his belly manually.

And when you have destroyed the 4 pillars, which stuns him to the ground, you have to climb on top of him (which can be a serious pain), go into TPS mode, and apply WB on his belly from the top.

You can lock on after he falls down from destroying pillars, and it stays locked as long as you keep it in range, but yea, no idea how/if its belly can be locked onto before that.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 14, 2014, 12:23 PM
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Well a Light PSE would have works in favor for both weapons, I was hitting the enemies in the same spot and I was not using Shifta. That being said, if you're telling me that enemies can somehow use deband on themselves, then I have to admit that this is news to me and if this is true, then my test would be voided.

Light PSE expiring or leveling up between switching weapons would invalidate the results. It would technically affect them equally (the difference wouldn't really matter), but if it leveled up or expired then the difference would be massive. Putting all variables equally, like I did with my damage calculation, Divine Staff Amaterasu is superior to Esca Hermes for light tech damage.

The pillars in Ruins can apply a Shifta + Deband effect to darkers. The enemies themselves cannot apply it to themselves.

Apos Dorios stuff: Just TPS if you want to aim at its face.

the_importer_
Oct 14, 2014, 12:45 PM
The pillars in Ruins can apply a Shifta + Deband effect to darkers. The enemies themselves cannot apply it to themselves.

Damn, I thought these things were just there to annoy me. Oh well, most of the enemies I attacked were in the dark pillar zone and I never bothered killing the red spots to make it a clean zone. I'm guessing when they turn themselves on and off that it would void my testing.

Still gonna stick with my Esca Hermes mainly because of the trouble of a rainbow pallet and the little difference it would make, but still, at lease it clears things up. Thanks for the info.

branflakes325
Oct 14, 2014, 03:24 PM
I would like to know if max crafts are possible to achieve without 10%s or 30%s. I assume they're possible, but I would like to know for sure before investing a buttload of money into crafts.

Schubalts
Oct 14, 2014, 03:33 PM
You can lock on after he falls down from destroying pillars, and it stays locked as long as you keep it in range, but yea, no idea how/if its belly can be locked onto before that.

You can lock onto its main body, which will make your attacks hit the core/belly if you're standing in front of it. You can't lock onto the core itself until after it gets knocked down, though.

Arrow
Oct 14, 2014, 05:55 PM
Just to make sure I'm not hallucinating...
Are all classes unlocked by default now or am I just lucky for some strange reason?

mysticalre
Oct 14, 2014, 05:59 PM
Quick Question:

I'm in a boss room, and my party members are in the field (not in the boss room). If I kill the boss and break its crystal for loot, will my party members hear/see a Rare Drop! message/audio?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 14, 2014, 06:00 PM
Just to make sure I'm not hallucinating...
Are all classes unlocked by default now or am I just lucky for some strange reason?

All unlocked at start since episode 3.

Quick Question:

I'm in a boss room, and my party members are in the field (not in the boss room). If I kill the boss and break its crystal for loot, will my party members hear/see a Rare Drop! message/audio?

If you're asking if they'll see any drops whatsoever from a crystal you broke while they're not in the same area, no.

Kondibon
Oct 14, 2014, 06:01 PM
Quick Question:

I'm in a boss room, and my party members are in the field (not in the boss room). If I kill the boss and break its crystal for loot, will my party members hear/see a Rare Drop! message/audio?No, they have to be on the smame map to get credit and loot.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 14, 2014, 06:02 PM
Quick Question:

If they aren't in the same area, they won't get the items at all. Don't know if they'll get it if they're in the teleporter when you break the crystal, though.

Best to wait for everyone to be in the boss room before fighting the boss.

mysticalre
Oct 14, 2014, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys

Also, if we're farming bosses, how much more significant are the drop rates when they are infected/rare version instead of regular?

Seeing as we have +100% rare enemy boost now, it might be better to just ignore regular versions?

Tetsuo9999
Oct 14, 2014, 06:46 PM
Is there any concrete information on how much the level 2 and 3 potential increases the gear accumulation rate on the Meteor Cudgel? Level 1 is a significant increase, but I won't bother upgrading it further if it's only going to increase it a little bit.

Walkure
Oct 14, 2014, 06:47 PM
Level three is double the gear accumulation. I didn't bother checking the L1 and L2 potentials.

Sandmind
Oct 14, 2014, 06:50 PM
Is it possible to get -12 PP Efficient Foie craft (range = 3-12) without using Merit +30%? I assume it's possible but extremely unlikely, which sucks because I really want this max craft and Merit +10% cannot be used for some reason.

Oh, I wondered what you meant by max craft with 10% or 30% being possible in your re-post, I thought it was weapon related.

10% merit/demerit never worked for pp related portion of recipe for me in the past when tech craft came out, even if you could get -1 to -10pp with foie or gibarta, because Sega saying no to freebies from Fun scratch and 100% knowing their FO players would rush those 1st.

sush1t1ger
Oct 14, 2014, 06:58 PM
If I go afk while in game for about 3 hours, could I get temporarily banned or anything?

Or is there maintenance going on right now?

LonelyGaruga
Oct 14, 2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys

Also, if we're farming bosses, how much more significant are the drop rates when they are infected/rare version instead of regular?

Seeing as we have +100% rare enemy boost now, it might be better to just ignore regular versions?

Don't have exact numbers, but they're definitely notable. But not high enough to warrant skipping bosses with how quickly they die.

The boost week is over anyway, so back to the standard rare enemy encounter rate after maintenance.

@sush: Maintenance is going on. There is zero risk of being banned for being afk for long periods of time.

sush1t1ger
Oct 14, 2014, 07:09 PM
@sush: Maintenance is going on. There is zero risk of being banned for being afk for long periods of time.[/quote]

Thx :D

branflakes325
Oct 14, 2014, 07:50 PM
Oh, I wondered what you meant by max craft with 10% or 30% being possible in your re-post, I thought it was weapon related.

10% merit/demerit never worked for pp related portion of recipe for me in the past when tech craft came out, even if you could get -1 to -10pp with foie or gibarta, because Sega saying no to freebies from Fun scratch and 100% knowing their FO players would rush those 1st.

So does that mean -12 PP without using any merit items is impossible? Or just very unlikely?

I assume 10%s don't work because the value rounds down. Regardless, it's irrelevant because they don't work.

『  』
Oct 14, 2014, 08:14 PM
Don't have exact numbers, but they're definitely notable. But not high enough to warrant skipping bosses with how quickly they die.

The boost week is over anyway, so back to the standard rare enemy encounter rate after maintenance.

@sush: Maintenance is going on. There is zero risk of being banned for being afk for long periods of time.

Btw, boost ends on the 19th, not after today's maintenance.

Sandmind
Oct 14, 2014, 08:22 PM
So does that mean -12 PP without using any merit items is impossible? Or just very unlikely?

I assume 10%s don't work because the value rounds down. Regardless, it's irrelevant because they don't work.

Probably just as likely than -10 PP on others recipes. See the crafting spree some people had for sazan in the past when it was the hot stuff.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 14, 2014, 09:10 PM
Btw, boost ends on the 19th, not after today's maintenance.

Oh OK. Didn't check, thought it'd be like the previous boost week we just had a few weeks ago. That's pretty nice.

the_importer_
Oct 14, 2014, 10:19 PM
Since we're getting the new story for EP3 with this update, I'm guessing we'll also be getting the new matter board well.

For those of you who've been playing for over 2 years now, here are some questions.

Was it like this for EP1 and EP2, did you get the areas, story quests and matter board gradually or did you get them in one shot for both episodes?

Also, when I started back in April, the Level cap was 65 and about a month later, it was increased to 70 and has stayed that way since then? Was the level cap always this slow or has it recently stopped?

I think it's clear that the cap will be 100, but by then, will it matter? Even I'm starting to find the game easier on SHard and I'm playing as Fo/Te with neither class capped. Enemies that use to chew me up and toss me around like the bathers and just slightly annoying now. Only thing that seems to kill me now are barrages of projectile weapons, probably due to lower R-Defense.

I know we're getting Ultimate soon, but since it will be a quest and not a new difficultly, it will probably get old fast.

sol_trigger
Oct 15, 2014, 02:48 AM
im lv55 will i get exp penalty if i go TD3 SH ?

自分よりレベルの高いエネミーからの獲得経験値 Edit

2014/06/11アップデートから獲得経験値減少の発生する条件が自分より16以上レベルの高いエネミーに変更されまし た。
レベル差 獲得EXP
~15 100%
16 68%
17 66%
18 64%
19 62%
20 60%

というように2%ずつ減少していく。
▼ 2013/07/17アップデート後~2014/06/11アップデート前までの情報
▼ 2013/07/17アップデート前までの情報

TD3 monsters are lv70 so i can get 100% exp right ?

Kikikiki
Oct 15, 2014, 03:03 AM
im lv55 will i get exp penalty if i go TD3 SH ?

No.

Don't go.

You should not go.

You must not go.

Fuck off from TD3 if your level is not 60+.

Sizustar
Oct 15, 2014, 03:06 AM
No.

Don't go.

You should not go.

You must not go.

Fuck off from TD3 if your level is not 60+.

Gear is more important then level in this game

Sp-24
Oct 15, 2014, 03:09 AM
Was it like this for EP1 and EP2, did you get the areas, story quests and matter board gradually or did you get them in one shot for both episodes?

Also, when I started back in April, the Level cap was 65 and about a month later, it was increased to 70 and has stayed that way since then? Was the level cap always this slow or has it recently stopped?
PSO2 has always been dripfeed central. Nothing changed much, though things seem to get even slower than before.

Kikikiki
Oct 15, 2014, 03:17 AM
Gear is more important then level in this game

Good answer.

Now imagine every Lv55 thinking like this.

Such an ideal game, right?

No, it's not.

They're prone to head there just to level up with their bad gear.

So fuck off with your witty comments. It isn't helping.

UnLucky
Oct 15, 2014, 03:20 AM
More like knowing what to do is more important than either

Which they probably won't if they're asking if the EXP is good in SH TD3

Kikikiki
Oct 15, 2014, 03:25 AM
More like knowing what to do is more important than either

Which they probably won't if they're asking if the EXP is good in SH TD3

Okay, I apologize if I offended the good players leveling up alternate characters because level (and gear? you just need about enough to clear out the mobs. AIS will take care of the bosses.) doesn't actually matter in TD3, but knowledge and skill.

And I saw questions about EXP nerfs right off the bat.

So no.

Just no.

sol_trigger
Oct 15, 2014, 03:35 AM
elitist bros are mad lolol im still going TD3 SH u mad bro

Sizustar
Oct 15, 2014, 03:44 AM
elitist bros are mad lolol im still going TD3 SH u mad bro

Your chara, your choice, but if you're there underleveled and no gear, and no idea what to do..

At best, you'll just get black listed.
At worst, they'll take your picture with ID, put you on the list, and someone will probabely report you, and then Sega will take a close look at you~

List of 2ch
http://awabi.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/net/1412863748/

sol_trigger
Oct 15, 2014, 03:59 AM
i have 3 Lv70 characters and had done many TD3, i know what to do there

i was just asking about the exp penalty yet elitists so mad

milranduil
Oct 15, 2014, 04:04 AM
i have 3 Lv70 characters and had done many TD3, i know what to do there

i was just asking about the exp penalty yet elitists so mad

Your # of 70s is irrelevant. You looked at the wiki and still had to ask your question... that says all it needs to.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 15, 2014, 04:04 AM
Your chara, your choice, but if you're there underleveled and no gear, and no idea what to do..

At worst, they'll take your picture with ID, put you on the list, and someone will probabely report you, and then Sega will take a close look at you~

List of 2ch

I just love how people want to report you to sega for not playing in their ways. the English part aside, how can you report someone for the way he plays the game? I mean sure I like my TD3s to go well too but seriously reporting someone to get banned because he doesn't play like a group of people wants? That's a new low.

ZerotakerZX
Oct 15, 2014, 04:14 AM
Hello. I've got a nice weapon with potential called 'Splendid Recovery'. It says it boosts PP recovery by 10, but I cannot tell if it's just PP self-regeneration or PP that I get from hitting enemies counts as well? Also, would anybody give me a hint if this potential is worthwhile at all? Would I'll be able to even tell the difference after unlocking it?

Sp-24
Oct 15, 2014, 04:47 AM
Hello. I've got a nice weapon with potential called 'Splendid Recovery'. It says it boosts PP recovery by 10, but I cannot tell if it's just PP self-regeneration or PP that I get from hitting enemies counts as well? Also, would anybody give me a hint if this potential is worthwhile at all? Would I'll be able to even tell the difference after unlocking it?
PP restoration and attack PP restoration are different things. No idea what were the potentials translated to in the English patch, but I assume that it's the one that only affects the regular recovery over time.

PP restoration on such weapons is kinda noticeable if you're a Charge Revival Force, but not sure if it helps other classes much. Of course, using a weapon with a PP-recovering latent means that you aren't using one with a damage boosting one, so enjoy getting blacklisted in TDs.

UnLucky
Oct 15, 2014, 04:55 AM
I just love how people want to report you to sega for not playing in their ways. the English part aside, how can you report someone for the way he plays the game? I mean sure I like my TD3s to go well too but seriously reporting someone to get banned because he doesn't play like a group of people wants? That's a new low.
Reasonable case for griefing.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 15, 2014, 05:53 AM
Reasonable case for griefing.

I'm afraid I don't get what you mean with that.

Rakurai
Oct 15, 2014, 06:09 AM
Has anyone else been getting ridiculous amounts of lag while playing recently?

I thought it had something to do with the public proxy, but AIDA mentioned that even people who aren't using it are having issues.

UnLucky
Oct 15, 2014, 06:31 AM
I'm afraid I don't get what you mean with that.
Even ignoring the post content, intentionally detracting others' experience is the definition of griefing.

"sol trigger's subclass has reached level 21" is going to raise some flags, even if he says nothing in chat. Underleveled, undergeared, or inexperienced players are detrimental to the MPA's success, so willingly bringing any of that to SH TD is sabotage, plain and simple.

Blame Sega for allowing it to be possible in the first place, but it's still a community rule not to leech at everyone else's expense.

Has anyone else been getting ridiculous amounts of lag while playing recently?

I thought it had something to do with the public proxy, but AIDA mentioned that even people who aren't using it are having issues.
Obviously it's because you keep searching up player IDs at the visiphone.

And interacting with objects in the lobby.

Or starting up missions.

Please refrain from such actions that might excessively tax the game server(s).

Rakurai
Oct 15, 2014, 06:41 AM
I think I'll just try to avoid playing in the later hours of the day when all the Japanese players are on for now.

I'd presume that's probably when all the lag kicks in.

ZerotakerZX
Oct 15, 2014, 07:03 AM
PP restoration and attack PP restoration are different things. No idea what were the potentials translated to in the English patch, but I assume that it's the one that only affects the regular recovery over time.

PP restoration on such weapons is kinda noticeable if you're a Charge Revival Force, but not sure if it helps other classes much. Of course, using a weapon with a PP-recovering latent means that you aren't using one with a damage boosting one, so enjoy getting blacklisted in TDs.

So, not as good. Well thanks for clarification.

the_importer_
Oct 15, 2014, 07:22 AM

I doubt that SEGA, or even any game companies for that matter, goes around and ban people for not being good. This is just a case of elite (or wannabe elite) players being whiny little bitches.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 15, 2014, 07:42 AM
Even ignoring the post content, intentionally detracting others' experience is the definition of griefing.

"sol trigger's subclass has reached level 21" is going to raise some flags, even if he says nothing in chat. Underleveled, undergeared, or inexperienced players are detrimental to the MPA's success, so willingly bringing any of that to SH TD is sabotage, plain and simple.

Blame Sega for allowing it to be possible in the first place, but it's still a community rule not to leech at everyone else's expense.

Well yes of course, I agree with it that stuff like that ruins runs but I still find it rather childish over a game to attempt to get people banned just because they might potentially (most likely) ruins an EQ. I guess blacklisting doesn't really help preventing them to enter your MPAs unless all 11 others have him blacklisted?

Then again you can also blame sega for making this game way to easy in the beginning. Reaching SH is so easy now people just have no skills or experience with the game anymore at all :| Gear is just a laziness factor cause even without prem you can cheaply buy very powerful 9* weapons and the 8/9* variations of unit sets like Gloam and Primula etc.

As much as you would try you just can't prevent this stuff ever from happening I'm afraid. Lately however it seems lag is more of a cause of failing runs. Last time I ran in JP time we had a nice MPA but due to lag stuff still went downhill fast, suicidal wave of golds after a wave finished because of lag and then nuke half a tower ain't funny.

Edit: Maybe sega should implement a minimum Subclass level to some EQs like TD3. I know levels don't say a lot but a 60/60+ should technically know better what to do then a 55/21, at least in terms of what their class can do for them. Still you get them in all kinds and shapes so levels don't mean that much but it might help a bit.

Sizustar
Oct 15, 2014, 09:40 AM
Well yes of course, I agree with it that stuff like that ruins runs but I still find it rather childish over a game to attempt to get people banned just because they might potentially (most likely) ruins an EQ. I guess blacklisting doesn't really help preventing them to enter your MPAs unless all 11 others have him blacklisted?

Then again you can also blame sega for making this game way to easy in the beginning. Reaching SH is so easy now people just have no skills or experience with the game anymore at all :| Gear is just a laziness factor cause even without prem you can cheaply buy very powerful 9* weapons and the 8/9* variations of unit sets like Gloam and Primula etc.

As much as you would try you just can't prevent this stuff ever from happening I'm afraid. Lately however it seems lag is more of a cause of failing runs. Last time I ran in JP time we had a nice MPA but due to lag stuff still went downhill fast, suicidal wave of golds after a wave finished because of lag and then nuke half a tower ain't funny.

Edit: Maybe sega should implement a minimum Subclass level to some EQs like TD3. I know levels don't say a lot but a 60/60+ should technically know better what to do then a 55/21, at least in terms of what their class can do for them. Still you get them in all kinds and shapes so levels don't mean that much but it might help a bit.

Well, the list or Show thread is just a thread where player post info on players that from light offense of leeching, to heavy offense of scamming, and those are generally put on black list, for the major guild etc, And actually banning, I've only seen some scammer and majority of RMTer getting banned, but haven't heard of any one getting banned for leeching yet.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 15, 2014, 09:54 AM
Well, the list or Show thread is just a thread where player post info on players that from light offense of leeching, to heavy offense of scamming, and those are generally put on black list, for the major guild etc, And actually banning, I've only seen some scammer and majority of RMTer getting banned, but haven't heard of any one getting banned for leeching yet.

I can understand if its scamming or RMTing but leeching in itself isn't something you should get banned for. Blacklisted and spit out by communities however is a normal occurrence of course :P

Sizustar
Oct 15, 2014, 12:01 PM
I can understand if its scamming or RMTing but leeching in itself isn't something you should get banned for. Blacklisted and spit out by communities however is a normal occurrence of course :P

I know, but there area always those people that report anyone for every little thing, and sometime, just because you are not a native Japanese player, but they are a vocal minorities, but it is a risk you take, if you put yourself on their radar~
I'm not saying what they are doing is right, nor is the "list" a good thing or not, player have their own opionion on it, etc.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 15, 2014, 12:13 PM
Since we're getting the new story for EP3 with this update, I'm guessing we'll also be getting the new matter board well.

For those of you who've been playing for over 2 years now, here are some questions.

I think it's clear that the cap will be 100, but by then, will it matter? Even I'm starting to find the game easier on SHard and I'm playing as Fo/Te with neither class capped. Enemies that use to chew me up and toss me around like the bathers and just slightly annoying now. Only thing that seems to kill me now are barrages of projectile weapons, probably due to lower R-Defense.

I know we're getting Ultimate soon, but since it will be a quest and not a new difficultly, it will probably get old fast.

Yes, new story quest is coming up with the next update.

It's a gradual process, always.

The level cap raises are always slow. The game started at 30 and is now 70 after two years. SH is a little over a year old now and the level cap became 65 with its release. Sakai said he intended for PSO2 to last 10 years, and even at 10 levels a year, we'd be hitting 100 in two and a half years. 100 is a very unlikely level cap.

New difficulties will always be released so yes, higher level caps will matter. New level cap raise will coincide with Ultimate.

We're getting a new difficulty for EQs at the same time as Ultimate according to the roadmap. Ultimate might very well be a new quest type and a new difficulty. It's hard to say right now, but it's extremely unlikely that Ultimate will remain exclusive to Ultimate quests.

Rakurai
Oct 15, 2014, 03:19 PM
I'd be surprised if the levels capped at 100 considering how high the caps were in previous PS games.

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 15, 2014, 07:24 PM
i got a new PC and it seems that it's no longer letting me log on o.O
I got a code in an email just now, what do i do wiht that?

edit: nvm solved

infiniteeverlasting
Oct 15, 2014, 07:44 PM
another question,
i just got my new PC today, everything seemed fine in PSO2 until i found out that my mouse does something extremely weird that didnt happen with my old computer when playing pso2.
whenever i stop moving my mouse, the mouse would continue to move in that direction causing the camera to continue to rotate in that direction slowly until i either moved the mouse again or turned off my mouse.
this doenst happen to my mouse anywhere else, only in pso2.

landman
Oct 15, 2014, 07:56 PM
It's funny because I usually go do TD3 to level up a class, basically because the exp there is 10x compared to most places, and know what? I'm always top 3 with some 1st places just by geting cristals, purging shokets, shielding towers, destroying cannons and using turrets and the AIS. And I switch to FI/BO, the classes I want to level but not play, I usually play FO/TE.

Walkure
Oct 15, 2014, 08:04 PM

List of 2ch
From trying to maneuver through there, all I see are people fulltiming Axeons in EQs and whatnot. Seems like you have to be exceptionally useless to get on the blacklist?

Fusionxglave
Oct 15, 2014, 08:23 PM
Is there a best class in Pso2?

What I mean by this is that: is there a class that topples all classes.

I though gu/hu was the best and then Fo/te are the best.

I would like to know and if someone could give me some tips what nerfing means that would wonderful. Is it a good thing to be nerfed or a bad thing to be nerfed.

Thank you.

P.S. Sorry this has been a question of mine since I started reading Class discussion thread.

Rakurai
Oct 15, 2014, 08:28 PM
Ever since they rebalanced the classes in Episode 3, there really aren't any classes/weapons that stand out as being leaps and bounds better then the others, IMO.

I'd just pick something that clicks with you playstyle wise.

Also, nerfing is a MMO term for when something gets weakened by the developers of the game.

Fusionxglave
Oct 15, 2014, 08:37 PM
Excellent.

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I am glad that is cleared up, I had doubts about my bouncer and wondered if gunnner was a better choice.

I am not picky out game play style as long as its the best.

Well thanks for the information I think I will stick to my bouncer.

Sizustar
Oct 15, 2014, 08:53 PM
From trying to maneuver through there, all I see are people fulltiming Axeons in EQs and whatnot. Seems like you have to be exceptionally useless to get on the blacklist?

Well, if you're low level and can't help in fight, you can help by picking up crystal and use AIS correctly, you'll be fine.
But if you just sit there and leech, then you'll be on the list

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 15, 2014, 10:45 PM
Ever since they rebalanced the classes in Episode 3, there really aren't any classes/weapons that stand out as being leaps and bounds better then the others, IMO.

I'd just pick something that clicks with you playstyle wise.

Also, nerfing is a MMO term for when something gets weakened by the developers of the game.

To be honest though, fire Fo stacking is pretty damn devastating each TD to varying degrees. Moreso 2 and 3 since spawns get bottlenecked harder there.

sol_trigger
Oct 15, 2014, 11:55 PM
i had my unit +10, what can i do to improve my Sdef more ?

Skyly
Oct 15, 2014, 11:58 PM
Is Hunar going to spawn in the new EQ?

Rakurai
Oct 16, 2014, 12:01 AM
Are there any wikis that mention what the drops from part breaks on bosses are?

They have that information in the official guides, so I'd think it has to be available online somewhere.

Considering that he's been capable of appearing in virtually every holiday quest to date, I don't think this one would be an exception.

No actual confirmation, though.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 16, 2014, 12:06 AM
Get units with higher starting Sdef, use affixes like Body and Snow Soul (or if you're lucky, Mark Griff and Ability), or extend the units

Renzix
Oct 16, 2014, 12:27 AM
Rather ask in here rather than make a new thread for completely no reason.

Any one on Ship 2 able to change their Tech Recipe over to Blazing Safoie 2 temporarily (If you have it) so I can request a couple crafts? I'll be on for the next two hours if possible

Omega-z
Oct 16, 2014, 12:39 AM

Get units with higher starting Sdef, use affixes like Body and Snow Soul (or if you're lucky, Mark Griff and Ability), or extend the units

^Actually, You can do this for max S-def. Get the 4* ブロ系 / Bro system set that gives +30 and craft it to Lv. 10 then get have Teacher as a main or sub for Deband Adv. with Hunter for the best results. Then get Deband EX drink or the Perm one. Then have a Lv. 8 Team Tree boost in Deband. Then add a Pumpkin Pie and add a weapon with Mark Griff on it (*note the Mark's are Weapon bound so far unless it has been changed.) . You should be between 2500 ~ 3000 S-def.

Sinon
Oct 16, 2014, 01:18 AM
I have a noob question about the delay in this game.

I'm playing from South America (250ms to Japan) and I never have a problem with delay... this game is client side or something? what is the trick?

(sorry for my bad english btw)

Edson Drake
Oct 16, 2014, 01:56 AM
I have a noob question about the delay in this game.

I'm playing from South America (250ms to Japan) and I never have a problem with delay... this game is client side or something? what is the trick?

Game runs on a client-server type of communication.

Seems like many things, differently from some modern western games using the same model, are calculated client-side, meaning your computer calculates first, then sends to server.

Usually games following this model do things mostly on server side, for security reasons, since it's much harder to hack the server and having to bypass security, while locally things are easily accessible.

This results in smoother gameplay for us, although that isn't the case anymore with the recent lags.

Sinon
Oct 16, 2014, 01:59 AM
Game runs on a client-server type of communication.

Seems like many things, differently from some modern western games using the same model, are calculated client-side, meaning your computer calculates first, then sends to server.

Usually games following this model do things mostly on server side, for security reasons, since it's much harder to hack the server and having to bypass security, while locally things are easily accessible.

This results in smoother gameplay for us, although that isn't the case anymore with the recent lags.

Thanks for the answer ^^

Ce'Nedra
Oct 16, 2014, 02:55 AM
Well, if you're low level and can't help in fight, you can help by picking up crystal and use AIS correctly, you'll be fine.
But if you just sit there and leech, then you'll be on the list

Pretty much what I did in TD3 when I was leveling my Bouncer. I did put on a Axeon but I was non stop collecting and using AIS/Barriers/Heals/Zondeel when needed. This kind of leeching is fine by me since you still contribute to the overall MPA.

Infinity Series
Oct 16, 2014, 06:25 AM
after partisan speed buff,

2nd JA frame from speed rain was removed?

i remembered there are 2 JA frame back then

just noticed this now

or i am just mistaken thing?

Valen13
Oct 16, 2014, 07:04 AM
what's a good substitute for white tail that goes well with the gloam set

the_importer_
Oct 16, 2014, 07:19 AM
I'd be surprised if the levels capped at 100 considering how high the caps were in previous PS games.

If we get an Ultimate difficulty for every Ark Quests, Free Fields, Time Attack, etc..., then yes, going above 100 would makes sense but for SHard, anything above that would be overkill if you ask me.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 16, 2014, 07:33 AM
what's a good substitute for white tail that goes well with the gloam set

Ing Plate for 100 HP and 4-6%? Strike Resistance, White Tail for 10PP and 4% Fire/Light Resistance

Nihility
Oct 16, 2014, 10:28 AM
Gonna try this one more time.

Ideal units for a 50+ Fo/Te?

KazukiQZ
Oct 16, 2014, 10:37 AM
^You can try Negro set or Fegali set + another arm unit.
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/unit_05.php#nav

Negro is 3 piece set that gives 90 T-atk and 10PP. Meanwhile Fegali gives 60 T-atk and Ratk, and 10PP, but you're free to choose the arm unit (people mostly combine fegali with Heiremjees, for a total of 20PP from units).

Both this set has the 9* and 10* equivalent, and interchangeable between them. A example, if you have 9* rear fegali unit and 10* fegali (named Folly) leg unit, the set bonus will apply.

I recommend the 9* negro set though as starter, as they can be bought of playershop and easily available atm. But, dont forget to craft the 9* units :) BUT....DON'T craft the 10* ones :( unless you know the risk :/

obsexed
Oct 16, 2014, 10:40 AM
Gonna try this one more time.

Ideal units for a 50+ Fo/Te?

The Midia set or Folly set with Heiremjees arm unit.

edit: ninjad

KazukiQZ
Oct 16, 2014, 10:43 AM
^Not really, so Midia is good too? *Poke a view at cirnopedia*
edit: lol at myself xD...That's the 10* equivalent names

obsexed
Oct 16, 2014, 10:46 AM
derp :|

Nyolong
Oct 16, 2014, 11:03 AM
can i ask, betwen braver (katana), bouncer (dual blades), gunner (tmg), which job is the best dps atm?

obsexed
Oct 16, 2014, 11:20 AM
can i ask, betwen braver (katana), bouncer (dual blades), gunner (tmg), which job is the best dps atm?

i'd say katana and dual blades are equal just that katana requires a bit more effort since katana PAs are very situational, but tmgs aren't as strong as they used to be with all the nerfs gunner has recieved.

the_importer_
Oct 16, 2014, 11:43 AM
Does SEGA plan to do anything to allow us to do something more with 11* weapons and to be able to do anything with 12* weapons and 11* units besides trashing them or selling them to NPCs?

Nihility
Oct 16, 2014, 11:58 AM
^You can try Negro set or Fegali set + another arm unit.
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/unit_05.php#nav

Negro is 3 piece set that gives 90 T-atk and 10PP. Meanwhile Fegali gives 60 T-atk and Ratk, and 10PP, but you're free to choose the arm unit (people mostly combine fegali with Heiremjees, for a total of 20PP from units).

Both this set has the 9* and 10* equivalent, and interchangeable between them. A example, if you have 9* rear fegali unit and 10* fegali (named Folly) leg unit, the set bonus will apply.

I recommend the 9* negro set though as starter, as they can be bought of playershop and easily available atm. But, dont forget to craft the 9* units :) BUT....DON'T craft the 10* ones :( unless you know the risk :/

The Midia set or Folly set with Heiremjees arm unit.

edit: ninjad

Thank you both!

Edit: Ideal choices for extension on the 9* units? 10* won't happen until I get a few more 10/11* weapons saved up so I can make full use of premium.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 16, 2014, 12:03 PM

He didn't spawn in last year's Halloween EQ. He might, but probably not. Summer and Easter EQs are the only ones I recall him spawning in, as far as seasonal ones go.

If we get an Ultimate difficulty for every Ark Quests, Free Fields, Time Attack, etc..., then yes, going above 100 would makes sense but for SHard, anything above that would be overkill if you ask me.

What makes you think SH is going to be the last difficulty? 10 year plan, datamining indicated space for 8 difficulties programmed in (not proof it will be used, but proof it was planned), AQs set a precedent for Ultimate quests to follow (started as a quest type with enemies with levels/AI exclusive to that quest type, before eventually spreading out to other quests later on), SH is a year old now, and the game only started with N/H.

Difficulties come out very slowly, even more slowly than level cap raises. VH came out in October of 2012 (PSO2's first year). SH came out the following October. Ultimate is a bit late, but it's said right on the roadmap that there will be a new difficulty for some EQs in the November update. Sure, not for all quests yet, but it's a new difficulty next month. Not just Ultimate quests. Ultimate might be the new difficulty for those EQs (if "some" = Fang Banther EQ, this is probably exactly what will happen) as well as a quest type.

Whatever the case, SH is by no means going to be the last difficulty, and Ultimate quests are almost certainly going to be implemented into other quest types. There's no good reason to think otherwise.

Vent
Oct 16, 2014, 12:52 PM
How do people run SecureOTP with Bluestacks? I tried it but I got stuck at the first screen.

Soah1086
Oct 16, 2014, 01:35 PM
So I'm trying to get a friend into the game, but he's having issues logging into the game. Every time he puts in his info he gets server connection issues without an error code. I've had him check for old/missing files, I've had him check for updates to the game, I've had him restore back up, everything. He tried logging in without the patches applied as well and still has these issues. Can anyone help?

KazukiQZ
Oct 16, 2014, 01:44 PM
How do people run SecureOTP with Bluestacks? I tried it but I got stuck at the first screen.
SecureOTP's first screen on Bluestacks eh? I was stuck there before xD

Press the three dot button and create an account there. It's kinda hidden, so look carefully for it.
Hmm, the rest of the steps, Bumped guide should cover it all :)
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/otp-one-time-password-registration-guide-for-pso2/

IndigoNovember
Oct 16, 2014, 02:20 PM
So I'm trying to get a friend into the game, but he's having issues logging into the game. Every time he puts in his info he gets server connection issues without an error code. I've had him check for old/missing files, I've had him check for updates to the game, I've had him restore back up, everything. He tried logging in without the patches applied as well and still has these issues. Can anyone help?

Has he tried using cyberkitsune's proxy?

Soah1086
Oct 16, 2014, 02:27 PM
Has he tried using cyberkitsune's proxy?
Yeah that's what he was using before. He switched to a VPN he's used before and it let him through. He's trying Kitsune once more to see if it really is that that is screwing with his connection.

Edit: Aaaaaand now Kitsune works for him. We honestly haven't a clue what the problem was. O.o

Sinon
Oct 16, 2014, 03:29 PM
I am level 50 ranger (612 r-atk) what assault rifle should I use? フラウペタル Flowpetal?

I'm using this atm:

スフィアートロン Sphere Tron

Renzix
Oct 16, 2014, 03:35 PM
I am level 50 ranger (612 r-atk) what assault rifle should I use? フラウペタル Flowpetal?

I'm using this atm:

スフィアートロン Sphere Tron

If you're subbing Hunter as a Ranger Main (which you should be any way if you want the best damage,) Flowpetal is a must-have, because the 4 / 5 / 6% Fury Stance boost at Pot 3 adds more damage than Immediate Justice or the Bio equivalent will do.

A Rifle with Crushing Blow would actually be better, since Ranger should be hitting Weak Points all the time, but if you don't, Enraged Stance from Flowpetal will even out your damage, if you can't get your hands on a Crushing Blow potential Rifle.

Sinon
Oct 16, 2014, 03:43 PM
If you're subbing Hunter as a Ranger Main (which you should be any way if you want the best damage,) Flowpetal is a must-have, because the 4 / 5 / 6% Fury Stance boost at Pot 3 adds more damage than Immediate Justice or the Bio equivalent will do.

A Rifle with Crushing Blow would actually be better, since Ranger should be hitting Weak Points all the time, but if you don't, Enraged Stance from Flowpetal will even out your damage, if you can't get your hands on a Crushing Blow potential Rifle.

Thank you ^^

and yes, I am Ranger/Hunter.

KazukiQZ
Oct 16, 2014, 04:37 PM
But I thought fury stance pot on flowpetal(n other weapon too) is just 1/2/3%?

Or it got buffed in EP3?

LonelyGaruga
Oct 16, 2014, 04:43 PM
Yes, it was buffed.

Bio Rifle still gives a higher bonus though. 8% > 6%.

Vent
Oct 16, 2014, 04:56 PM
Press the three dot button and create an account there. It's kinda hidden, so look carefully for it.

Okay thanks. After twiddling with Bluestacks a bit I managed to get the 3 dots button to display properly instead of being overlayed by the exit button of Bluestacks. I managed to set it up now, but still have one question.

How do I set up the same account on another computer? I see the option of 'Restore Account'. Is that it? In there I provide either my nickname, customer number (?) or serial number and that's it? Do I answer my secret question afterwards?

KazukiQZ
Oct 16, 2014, 05:42 PM
@vent

Maybe.but I didn't test it myself yet, but I've heard its simple . But to be safe, keep the info somewhere safe(I turn mine into SS)

Renzix
Oct 16, 2014, 06:21 PM
Yes, it was buffed.

Bio Rifle still gives a higher bonus though. 8% > 6%.

If you want Just Attacks, sure, but an 8% JA boost isn't better than a 6% Fury Stance boost.

You should test it out yourself. 6% might sound like less than 8% from a JA Bio weapon, but Enraged Stance buffs EVERY part of Fury Stance. That means Just Attacks and the Power benefits you get when Fury Stance is active. It doesn't just buff the Stance itself and that's it.

Even when Enraged Stance was still 1 / 2 / 3%, it was still better to have that over a JA weapon. It wasn't as strong as it is now, but it was definitely noticeable.

KazukiQZ
Oct 16, 2014, 06:52 PM
^That sounds delicious, from the perspective of a RAHU such as myself :D

Now...I hope I didn't toss my Flowpetal toward the Recycle Sop by accident.

sol_trigger
Oct 16, 2014, 08:04 PM
i want to play a melee/Satk gunslash build, which main/sub is suitable ?

Sizustar
Oct 16, 2014, 08:23 PM
i want to play a melee/Satk gunslash build, which main/sub is suitable ?

Fi main, Hu/Br/Bu your choice on sub.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 16, 2014, 08:28 PM
If you want Just Attacks, sure, but an 8% JA boost isn't better than a 6% Fury Stance boost.

You should test it out yourself. 6% might sound like less than 8% from a JA Bio weapon, but Enraged Stance buffs EVERY part of Fury Stance. That means Just Attacks and the Power benefits you get when Fury Stance is active. It doesn't just buff the Stance itself and that's it.

Even when Enraged Stance was still 1 / 2 / 3%, it was still better to have that over a JA weapon. It wasn't as strong as it is now, but it was definitely noticeable.

Gonna have to request you prove this, unless someone else can confirm. The skill says it increases Fury Stance by 6%. That's it. It doesn't say it buffs anything else, and I'm not seeing any sources that indicate otherwise.

.Jack
Oct 16, 2014, 08:39 PM
What do I need to do to use PSOes on a different phone? I heard about needing a code or something, I just recently upgraded and I"m looking for info on that topic.

Rehal
Oct 16, 2014, 08:41 PM

hi and thank you, without you this place wouldn't be pso-w at all.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385&page=558

Rain Walker
Oct 16, 2014, 08:49 PM
What do I need to do to use PSOes on a different phone? I heard about needing a code or something, I just recently upgraded and I"m looking for info on that topic.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-es-smartphone-version-guide/#Device-Transfer

Sinon
Oct 16, 2014, 08:54 PM
What to do with unidentified weapons (I have a lot in the bank <.<)? I spend my money to identify them? or not worth it?

Rain Walker
Oct 16, 2014, 08:58 PM
What to do with unidentified weapons (I have a lot in the bank <.<)? I spend my money to identify them? or not worth it?

Depends. You can get either excubes, 11* or mag foods

I'd tek them all

Sinon
Oct 16, 2014, 09:06 PM
Depends. You can get either excubes, 11* or mag foods

I'd tek them all

Thank you ^^

sol_trigger
Oct 16, 2014, 10:03 PM
Destroy the Nepto Cassadora Parts!

how to unlock this CO

why is Regenschlag PA so bullshjt ?

Kondibon
Oct 16, 2014, 10:22 PM
why is Regenschlag PA so bullshjt ?What's wrong with it?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 16, 2014, 10:43 PM
Anyone have the details on that character contest ad that's been showing up on loading screens yet?

untrustful
Oct 17, 2014, 12:26 AM
Which is better? Mind or Mind Resist?

.Jack
Oct 17, 2014, 02:27 AM
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-es-smartphone-version-guide/#Device-Transfer

That answers that, thank you. :-)

Brizone
Oct 17, 2014, 02:33 AM
Hey guys, does things like Step Advance stacks between main and subclass?

Sorry for the noob question :grin:

*EDIT* also, do critical hit chance stacks between like Critical Fury and Brave Stance Critical?
also, what about Just Reversal? Main class only or subclass also has the effect?

Digital Pain
Oct 17, 2014, 03:21 AM
Hey Guys just returned to this game after a 6 month break I know we now need a proxy to connect to the server which I have done thanks to PSO Tweaker, My question is this how does one buy AC now that I can't connect to the official site!?.

sol_trigger
Oct 17, 2014, 04:22 AM
which DS PA generate the most gear gauge ?

higher XQ floors give more fragment ?

hungryneko
Oct 17, 2014, 04:30 AM
Hey Guys just returned to this game after a 6 month break I know we now need a proxy to connect to the server which I have done thanks to PSO Tweaker, My question is this how does one buy AC now that I can't connect to the official site!?.

You could connect to the site via a proxy, i recommend using https://www.softether.org/, its very easy to setup

or get AC via Arks Layer which directly support Tweaker

the_importer_
Oct 17, 2014, 07:26 AM

Install PSO2es on your Android device (http://arks-layer.com/pso2es.php) or BlueStack Android emulator and register a credit card on your Google Account. You can then buy AC from PSO2es and you won't have to deal with the Capatcha Boss. That being said, you should still donate a bit to Arks-Layer and to the guys working on the English Patches.

Schubalts
Oct 17, 2014, 08:08 AM
Anyone have the details on that character contest ad that's been showing up on loading screens yet?

Seconding this question.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 17, 2014, 08:43 AM
Hey guys, does things like Step Advance stacks between main and subclass?

Sorry for the noob question :grin:

*EDIT* also, do critical hit chance stacks between like Critical Fury and Brave Stance Critical?
also, what about Just Reversal? Main class only or subclass also has the effect?
No, only the highest Step Advance has effect

All critical bonuses are additive. Like 15 and 20 is +35% total

Just Reversal is pressing the jump key while landing from being sent flying to recover

Digital Pain
Oct 17, 2014, 09:42 AM
Install PSO2es on your Android device (http://arks-layer.com/pso2es.php) or BlueStack Android emulator and register a credit card on your Google Account. You can then buy AC from PSO2es and you won't have to deal with the Capatcha Boss. That being said, you should still donate a bit to Arks-Layer and to the guys working on the English Patches.

You could connect to the site via a proxy, i recommend using https://www.softether.org/, its very easy to setup

or get AC via Arks Layer which directly support Tweaker

Thanks for the reply's guys!

untrustful
Oct 17, 2014, 01:40 PM
Nevermind, friend said Mind Resist > Mind

Sinon
Oct 17, 2014, 02:40 PM
Hi again :)

What are the best units for my lvl 54 ranger (lvl 32 hunter subclass)?

Sandmind
Oct 17, 2014, 03:52 PM

For pure Ratk as freemium, cannot really go wrong with 9* Tian set (back and arm two parts). Since it got zero hidden HP and PP bonus, craft it up to gain those and better defense (only lose out on some Range resist). Set effect is 90 Ratk and 10pp. For leg, pick whatever tickle your fancy/need, but most would say a PP leg.

Renzix
Oct 17, 2014, 04:23 PM

As Sandmind said, the Tian / Gwana (Gwana is 10* version of Tian) set, along with a PP or HP Leg would be good for you at your current level.

When you're more than confident to do SH, you'll want to go to Shiro and farm the 11* Units from Titan. Both variants drop them, with Rare having a better chance. Only downside to them really is that you're losing out on 30 extra R-Atk that you get from having the Tian set, but they're worthwhile for sure.

sol_trigger
Oct 17, 2014, 07:58 PM
how should i build a FO/TE mag ? Tatk/DEx ?

Sizustar
Oct 17, 2014, 09:08 PM
how should i build a FO/TE mag ? Tatk/DEx ?

Pure T-atk, some S-atk if you plan to use ELS wand depending on your race and gender.

sol_trigger
Oct 17, 2014, 09:40 PM
so i will feed my mag with wand,jet boot and using room goods to decrease its DEX ?

Fusionxglave
Oct 17, 2014, 09:47 PM
Yes Sol_trigger to lower the dex you need to feed your mag with the right star room goods here is a link to help:

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/mag_4.php#nav

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 17, 2014, 11:58 PM
How do you recharge time abilities?

xychangli
Oct 18, 2014, 12:10 AM
another question,
i just got my new PC today, everything seemed fine in PSO2 until i found out that my mouse does something extremely weird that didnt happen with my old computer when playing pso2.
whenever i stop moving my mouse, the mouse would continue to move in that direction causing the camera to continue to rotate in that direction slowly until i either moved the mouse again or turned off my mouse.
this doenst happen to my mouse anywhere else, only in pso2.

I have exactly the same problem, have you fix it now?

Kondibon
Oct 18, 2014, 12:12 AM
How do you recharge time abilities?Reapply them.

FerrickX
Oct 18, 2014, 12:15 AM
how viable is a crit build for BoDB?

KazukiQZ
Oct 18, 2014, 12:28 AM
so i will feed my mag with wand,jet boot and using room goods to decrease its DEX ?
Feed your mag Tech weapons (rod, talis, wand and jetboots), preferably 7-9* for faster growth. This will increase T-atk and Dex, while reducing T-def.
To counter Dex from increasing, feed your mag Trimates, as it increase T-atk and T-def, while decreasing Dex.

So, with T-def and Dex got canceled out there, only T-atk is steadily increased.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 18, 2014, 12:29 AM
Don't use Trimates. Shiftaride and Debandride have the same effect but are half the price.

sol_trigger
Oct 18, 2014, 01:08 AM
which main-subclass combination is the best for Tech dmg output ?

which weapon should i use ?rod wand or talis

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 18, 2014, 01:10 AM
Is there any block dedicated to casino use?

Valen13
Oct 18, 2014, 01:11 AM
Does Bal Rodos in the new map share the same drops as the one in coast?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 18, 2014, 01:15 AM
Does Bal Rodos in the new map share the same drops as the one in coast?

Yes.

Sp-24
Oct 18, 2014, 01:34 AM
Is there any block dedicated to casino use?
Those that have カジノ in their names are the casino blocks. However, SEGA shuffles block names pretty often, so casino blocks may have followed the chat blocks' fate since the last time I checked.

Sizustar
Oct 18, 2014, 01:39 AM

Fo Main

Te or Br sub

Weapons, depends on your skill tree and play style.

Generally, multiple skill tree each specilizing in one element, with the 50 element rod/tali that give 16% bonus for that specific element

And class specific question, use the Guide& walkthrough section of the forum
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

.Jack
Oct 18, 2014, 02:06 AM

FO/TE wind tree for mobs for me seems to be best atm or full fire atm. It depends on what you want to use, going ice or dark are also good for the class.

Here's wind in td1:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f1jyyJ9RhI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f1jyyJ9RhI[/SPOILER-BOX]

LotusFX
Oct 18, 2014, 02:08 AM
Does Ancient Oath latent boost tech damage too? Looking at the new bow.

LonelyGaruga
Oct 18, 2014, 02:40 AM
Yes, it does.

Brizone
Oct 18, 2014, 02:56 AM
Guys, what does the Ancient Oath ability from Neiclaw (Wired Lance) do?
Boost elemental weakness damage by 10% only activates when hitting enemies with the element they weak against? or activates whenever i'm hitting the enemy weakpoint?

thx in advance :grin:

Rakurai
Oct 18, 2014, 03:13 AM
It specifically says "When attacking the enemy's weak element".

Crushing Blow is the latent that improves weak point damage.

Rayden
Oct 18, 2014, 08:08 AM
Does Lucky Rise boost rare drop rates, lower rare drop rates (due to it increasing common drop rates), or not make any difference? I've heard all three of these in the past, and I'm really confused on it now. I'm trying to hunt the Saiki set, so I want to know what's best.

Fusionxglave
Oct 18, 2014, 10:01 AM
Hello I was looking for the most over power Fo/te build.

I have not played Force before and so far a lot of people have said that is the most over power class.

I would like to see how over power it is and would very much appreciate the help and advice.

Thanks.

Schrodinger
Oct 18, 2014, 10:45 AM
Anybody know what % bonus the rare drop rate boost that timed abilities give?

Sizustar
Oct 18, 2014, 11:46 AM
Hello I was looking for the most over power Fo/te build.

I have not played Force before and so far a lot of people have said that is the most over power class.

I would like to see how over power it is and would very much appreciate the help and advice.

Thanks.

There is no such build.

What you want would depends on your budget(Ingame and real life) and equipments and whether you solo or party.

The most general is multiple skill tree for FO main, and Te sub, each specializing in one element, and the Rod/Tali/Wand that give the 16% element or the 20% race weapon with 50 element.

ELS if a nother one with focus on Wind/Ice/Dark

For max damage, it's usually Fo or Te main<Depending on element> and Br as a sub.

Metalsnake27
Oct 18, 2014, 12:30 PM
So... I'm wondering what would be better:

I just finished Matter Board 8 (besides seeing the Dark Fals Elder cutscene) and got the Agito that's on there...

I was wondering what is more beneficial:

Using my current EX Level 4 +10 Katana that has around 795 attack or something (I'm 1 dex away from being able to get it to ex level 5)
or upgrading the Agito to +10, which with the abilities from the matterboard, will have 725(?) attack.

The crafted Katana obviously has more max damage, but since the Agito doesn't have the damage variance thing, wouldn't that make it more consistent and overall jusy have a higher DPS value?

Either way I plan on upgrading the Agito in some fashion because I can use it on my other classes... plus it has some nice abilities on it.

Fusionxglave
Oct 18, 2014, 01:00 PM
There is no such build.

What you want would depends on your budget(Ingame and real life) and equipments and whether you solo or party.

The most general is multiple skill tree for FO main, and Te sub, each specializing in one element, and the Rod/Tali/Wand that give the 16% element or the 20% race weapon with 50 element.

ELS if a nother one with focus on Wind/Ice/Dark

For max damage, it's usually Fo or Te main<Depending on element> and Br as a sub.

Thanks did not know that.

branflakes325
Oct 18, 2014, 01:30 PM
It seems like there are a lot of unknowns about tech crafting. I'm hoping at least some of this information is known, because I can't find anything beyond basic guides.

What is the base chance for a "Great Success"?
What constitutes a Great Success in terms of merits and demerits?
Do merit/demerit boosting items only increase the minimum result or directly increase the craft result by 10% up to a certain limit?
Is there any information on the distribution of craft results? All I can assume is that it's a steep bell curve, at least on the higher end of success.

Lastly, are there any comprehensive guides on crafting besides the basic ones on cirnopedia and bumped?

Sizustar
Oct 18, 2014, 01:58 PM
It seems like there are a lot of unknowns about tech crafting. I'm hoping at least some of this information is known, because I can't find anything beyond basic guides.

What is the base chance for a "Great Success"?
What constitutes a Great Success in terms of merits and demerits?
Do merit/demerit boosting items only increase the minimum result or directly increase the craft result by 10% up to a certain limit?
Is there any information on the distribution of craft results? All I can assume is that it's a steep bell curve, at least on the higher end of success.

Lastly, are there any comprehensive guides on crafting besides the basic ones on cirnopedia and bumped?

Chance depends on level, and whether the crafter has the 3% rom item.
High merit and low demirt = great success

There isn't alot to discuss, just throw money at it, till you get the recipe you want.

Myriarch
Oct 18, 2014, 04:21 PM
Is there a place where I can find the pso2 es error list?

untrustful
Oct 18, 2014, 06:04 PM
I need some hu/bo info. What kinda of synergy can one get from this class combination? Any good tree plans for this combo? Etc?

Rakurai
Oct 18, 2014, 06:15 PM
The main reason anyone would sub BO over FI is for access to support techniques like Megiverse and Zondeel, because its damage modifiers are both weaker and more situational.

Kondibon
Oct 18, 2014, 06:23 PM
The main reason anyone would sub BO over FI is for access to support techniques like Megiverse and Zondeel, because its damage modifiers are both weaker and more situational.Or if they want to use the weapons but use mainclass skills from another class.

I need some hu/bo info. What kinda of synergy can one get from this class combination? Any good tree plans for this combo? Etc?
With the above in mind, do you plan on using fury gear boost or warbrave? If not, you'd be better off going Bo/Hu.

Fusionxglave
Oct 18, 2014, 06:28 PM
Does anyone have a guide for 5 slot affixing I see lots of 5 slots affixing weapons and so far I only know how to do 4.

If someone could give me a guide for 5 slot and Ability III affixing that would be nice.

Thank you

untrustful
Oct 18, 2014, 07:21 PM
How would fury gear boost or warbrave work well with a bo subclass?

Kondibon
Oct 18, 2014, 07:43 PM
How would fury gear boost or warbrave work well with a bo subclass?Furey gear boost would be for the hunter weapons you'd be using, and warbrave would work the same way it always does. That's why I asked. If you don't care about those two skills then Bo/Hu is better as it gives you more choices for good JBs and dual blades.