PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

KazukiQZ
Jan 4, 2015, 08:59 AM
^Soul Receptor.
edit: ninja ashley, sanjou! xD

Aquanos
Jan 4, 2015, 09:15 AM
Soul Receptor

where do I get more
Haven't seen any lately

ashley50
Jan 4, 2015, 09:54 AM
where do I get more
Haven't seen any lately
Boss Area drop only.

Shirousagi
Jan 4, 2015, 02:33 PM
If I install timed ability Rare Drop Bonus5 on Arm and Leg units, will both bonuses work or only one? In other words is it worth stacking same bonuses or is it better to have different on each unit.

Bellion
Jan 4, 2015, 02:54 PM
They stack like a bunch of hay and you should get them for all 3 units if you can.

manthisis
Jan 4, 2015, 05:11 PM
What is the primary role of a hunter with a partisan? Also, which are the best partisan PAs?

manthisis
Jan 4, 2015, 05:22 PM
I did Zieg's client order Skilled Trainer Charm, and system said that I received reward but when I check inventory and character skill there was nothing. So how can I know that charm is activated or not ?

It's not an item, it's just an effect. Once you've received it, it's activated.

knight1301
Jan 4, 2015, 05:23 PM
It's not an item, it's just an effect. Once you've received it, it's activated.

Oh you too fast. I just opened the "event item" and saw that skill. BTW thank you :D

Dephinix
Jan 4, 2015, 05:33 PM
Equip Vraolet, watch everything be untekked, waste money identifying, feel sorry for asking.

Kiyumi
Jan 4, 2015, 08:05 PM
Is there any "secret phrase"? Bumped doesnt say anything.

Anduril
Jan 4, 2015, 09:13 PM
Is there any "secret phrase"? Bumped doesnt say anything.
There hasn't been another livestream yet, so no secret phrase.

Sizustar
Jan 4, 2015, 09:58 PM
where do I get more
Haven't seen any lately

Boss drop in PSO2es only.

manthisis
Jan 4, 2015, 11:52 PM
Gunslashes seem like an interesting weapon. Is it viable to have that as your main weapon, and have your class and subclass based around gunslashes?

Sizustar
Jan 4, 2015, 11:56 PM
Gunslashes seem like an interesting weapon. Is it viable to have that as your main weapon, and have your class and subclass based around gunslashes?

LBM Fi is a possibility.

Selphea
Jan 5, 2015, 12:18 AM

They're viable but you have to be prepared to work harder for your damage compared to other weapons. On bosses, you can't park yourself afar and do Weak Bullet combos or Shift spam or Banish Ilbarta to kill them before the announcer says "Emergency: Code Duel!", and up close you don't have a block button like other melee weapons do.

manthisis
Jan 5, 2015, 12:57 AM
Crafting question.

If I use a support item to add a class to a weapon (e.g. adding Ranger to Nasuyoteri) at extension level 4, would it lose the Ranger "equipability" when I extend it to level 5?

Syklo
Jan 5, 2015, 12:57 AM
As a crit Fighter (assuming 70% crit), if you don't need the multiclass, as a general ballpark assuming no Dex from affixes and whatnot, if you won't gain 50 ATK, don't craft it. If you will gain 50 ATK but want to retain resell value, don't craft it either.
So in other words...going to high extend levels is a waste of money?

Gotcha.

Crafting question.

If I use a support item to add a class to a weapon (e.g. adding Ranger to Nasuyoteri) at extension level 4, would it lose the Ranger "equipability" when I extend it to level 5?

Unless you use the support item again, OR you happen to get a GREAT SUCCESS & happen to have it equippable to ranger by then, yes it will lose its equipability.

Dephinix
Jan 5, 2015, 01:49 AM
If you're going to extend a weapon, you should extend it all the way:

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_2_04.php#nav

A 10 star dagger goes from 577 to 729. Pretty big increase.

Nulve
Jan 5, 2015, 03:21 AM
I'm playing Hunter, atm, and wondering what are considered the best PA's for each native weapon for mobbing and for bossing?

Alma
Jan 5, 2015, 03:24 AM
this is just hypothetically,

suppose you got 3 type of Anga tech weapon (rod, talis, jetboot), and have the opportunity to max (ele 60) and choose its element.

what element should each of those type have?

just curios :)

Syklo
Jan 5, 2015, 03:26 AM
If you're going to extend a weapon, you should extend it all the way:

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_2_04.php#nav

A 10 star dagger goes from 577 to 729. Pretty big increase.
I already have daggers that have higher stats at +10, uncrafted.

Even then, that'd cost me around 1.6m, not including material costs. Then there's stat requirements.

I think i'll stick to multiclass lv 1/2 extends only :P

Speaking of multiclass, is a lambda hellfret better than a dio hellfret, considering their latents?

Aquanos
Jan 5, 2015, 04:34 AM
True or False
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/lH4In6j.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Syklo
Jan 5, 2015, 04:51 AM
True or False
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/lH4In6j.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
He's saying that having Unindentified item rate boost as a timed ability is redundant if you have the Fortunate Omen charm.

Vinnchente
Jan 5, 2015, 07:47 AM
Can someone link me to a weapon affixing guide.

Selphea
Jan 5, 2015, 07:50 AM
Can someone link me to a weapon affixing guide.

http://i.imgur.com/6TJxUFk.jpg ?

I guess I should write one for 5 fodders.

Ordy
Jan 5, 2015, 08:41 AM
Speaking of multiclass, is a lambda hellfret better than a dio hellfret, considering their latents?

No it's not. Because FI don't usually Wise Stance, because Dio has close to +9% damage from higher stats AND a brave stance latent AND more crit to trigger crit damage.

Selphea
Jan 5, 2015, 08:58 AM
Why not a Spirtia or Lambda Spirtia though? Cheaper to grind up too.

Ordy
Jan 5, 2015, 09:27 AM
Spirita and Lambda Spirita are Direct Style (raw damage), Dio Hellfret is Direct Assault (crit rate).

If you extend both to 12, I'm pretty sure the Direct Style one will give you a higher avg dps. However, both weapons are shit tier even max crafted so it shouldn't really matter and the difference isn't going to be significant.

Kiyumi
Jan 5, 2015, 04:37 PM
Is there some purpose to 11* weapon fodder? Because these are always around 100k value in the shop even for the trash ones.

Ordy
Jan 5, 2015, 04:48 PM
Yes, element grinding.

knight1301
Jan 5, 2015, 05:16 PM
I think I saw this hair style today but I can't capture an image. It's not that long but the shape is the same (long 2 side and short in the middle), so anyone knows name of that hair style ? That's new or something because I can't find it on wiki

http://pik.vn/201553bfaed7-bd63-46aa-9ca2-3b085302d0ec.png

Syklo
Jan 5, 2015, 06:37 PM
No it's not. Because FI don't usually Wise Stance, because Dio has close to +9% damage from higher stats AND a brave stance latent AND more crit to trigger crit damage.
+9%??
Wow, ok, clear winner then.

Spirita and Lambda Spirita are Direct Style (raw damage), Dio Hellfret is Direct Assault (crit rate).

If you extend both to 12, I'm pretty sure the Direct Style one will give you a higher avg dps. However, both weapons are shit tier even max crafted so it shouldn't really matter and the difference isn't going to be significant.

Extending is out of the question, since what I'm concerned with is the all-class property. Waste of money extending to that level, let alone getting all-class.

Ordy
Jan 5, 2015, 07:43 PM
I think I saw this hair style today but I can't capture an image. It's not that long but the shape is the same (long 2 side and short in the middle), so anyone knows name of that hair style ? That's new or something because I can't find it on wiki

mmh, could be the dealer tail (ディーラーテール)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/CkYfBsG.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

KASKADE
Jan 5, 2015, 07:57 PM
Is there some purpose to 11* weapon fodder? Because these are always around 100k value in the shop even for the trash ones.

They used to go down to 1050 each until they were allowed to be traded in for excubes.

manthisis
Jan 5, 2015, 09:54 PM
As a gunslash user, how do you keep yourself alive, since you have no innate defense mechanisms?

LonelyGaruga
Jan 5, 2015, 09:56 PM
Step. Invincibility frames are the best defense.

1 SP in Step Advance helps a lot with this.

Anduril
Jan 5, 2015, 10:07 PM
Regarding Merit Value + items, how exactly is the % applied?
Let's say I'm doing a Windslicer Zan 1 using a Merit Value +30%; supposing that without the boost item I would have gotten a Power+20%, would the boost make it into Power+50% (straight 20% + 30%) or Power+26% (.2+.3[.2])? Or does the increase apply differently?

Rakurai
Jan 5, 2015, 10:23 PM
It would be the latter.

It still increases your chances of getting the maximum possible merit significantly, though.

Syklo
Jan 6, 2015, 03:26 AM
Any quick tips on solo'ing Blu Ringahda and the Nepto/Rheo duo? Having trouble keeping track of multiple boss targets :|

Also, in the endless quest that is continuous improvement, I've finally capped out on Fi/Bo and decided to give UQs a go. Needless to say, I can't even defeat the first batch of enemies (alone with friend partners). Am I then a relatively shit player or just absolutely crazy?

Sizustar
Jan 6, 2015, 03:41 AM
Any quick tips on solo'ing Blu Ringahda and the Nepto/Rheo duo? Having trouble keeping track of multiple boss targets :|

Also, in the endless quest that is continuous improvement, I've finally capped out on Fi/Bo and decided to give UQs a go. Needless to say, I can't even defeat the first batch of enemies (alone with friend partners). Am I then a relatively shit player or just absolutely crazy?

UQ is meant for a full 12 person MPA.

Xaeris
Jan 6, 2015, 04:03 AM
mmh, could be the dealer tail (ディーラーテール)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/CkYfBsG.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

If that's not it, then it may be the hairstyle that comes with the ほむらの服 outfit, which would also explain why he can't find it under the standard listing.

Syklo
Jan 6, 2015, 04:52 AM
UQ is meant for a full 12 person MPA.
I get that, but I keep reading about how people just set up their own party up to 250 pts for anga farming and what not. Not sure if they just solo or something, but even with 3 other real players I'd imagine they'd survive one batch on their own alright.

So, am I just crazy?

Dephinix
Jan 6, 2015, 05:00 AM
Does Innocent Appearance affect Namegid?

Z-0
Jan 6, 2015, 05:22 AM
I get that, but I keep reading about how people just set up their own party up to 250 pts for anga farming and what not. Not sure if they just solo or something, but even with 3 other real players I'd imagine they'd survive one batch on their own alright.

So, am I just crazy?
You're interpreting it wrong.

People create solo parties in full blocks, look for Anga, then advertise they have Anga in their party name, so 11 others can join and they farm the points together, kill Anga and repeat.

Selphea
Jan 6, 2015, 05:31 AM

Standard Ringa strategy would be break rings - burst exposed grounded weak point - repeat.

Nepto/Rheo... I break trident, then kill Nepto because it starts falling all over the place and exposing its weak point, then kill Rheo. Alternatively, break trident and treat the fall as a CC to let you focus on Rheo. Freeze proc works although I personally don't use freeze weapons yet.

Could try looking at Bellion's videos for ideas:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAYwoA-2FfA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAYwoA-2FfA[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wm-HRX80uM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wm-HRX80uM[/SPOILER-BOX]

UQs are 12-man content and IMO Boots are at a bit of a disadvantage since Moment Gale is completely immobile so don't feel too bad.

Syklo
Jan 6, 2015, 05:32 AM
You're interpreting it wrong.

People create solo parties in full blocks, look for Anga, then advertise they have Anga in their party name, so 11 others can join and they farm the points together, kill Anga and repeat.
Oh so they don't actually do any killing until anga is found?
Gotcha.

While I'm at it though, does anyone do UQs casually (i.e. not Anga-farming) at all? I'd rather not get into anga farming until I'm properly initiated ^^;

Standard Ringa strategy would be break rings - burst exposed grounded weak point - repeat.

Nepto/Rheo... I break trident, then kill Nepto because it starts falling all over the place and exposing its weak point, then kill Rheo. Alternatively, break trident and treat the fall as a CC to let you focus on Rheo. Freeze proc works although I personally don't use freeze weapons yet.

UQs are 12-man content and IMO Boots are at a bit of a disadvantage since Moment Gale is completely immobile so don't feel too bad.

Yeah I try to go for the rings.....but I struggle to pay attention to the ringa itself and then I get knocked down. Then I try to heal, and, well, you get the idea.

Hm I've always been breaking its shells rather than the trident (i believe it has landing issues once one is broken, like QD's giga impact). Does it really just trip all the time? And freeze works? I know burn works on rheo but freeze on nepto? huh...

(I don't have multiclass boots yet; trying to gather stones to get the 11* exchangeable ones from spellstone shop)

Anyway, good to know that I'm just crazy, haha.

Selphea
Jan 6, 2015, 06:04 AM
Ah wrong type of Fi/Bo.

Ringa's rings are kind of troublesome for Fighter yea. In a way I suppose he's a bit of a DPS check - can you break his rings before he gets close to you? If you can't then the fight is going to be a bit harder... or you could Ilgrants the rings :wacko: On Fighter, I honestly just swapped to a bow and Penetrate Arrowed them because FiBr.

Ringa itself has a lot of short range PBAoEs like its spin and ground smash, but very little in terms of long range attacks except for its forked projectile. When it charges forward to shoot beams, run right up and wail on it. The beams will miss if you're in its face. It opens with its forward charge a lot so you usually get some free damage at the start.

For Nepto, with Freeze, the shell things get frozen and it gets held in place. If you break its trident, it will always crash land after it's done swinging. As far as I've seen, it practically does nothing but swing anyway, along with the occasional 360, so yea it crash lands a lot for me.

knight1301
Jan 6, 2015, 06:17 AM
If that's not it, then it may be the hairstyle that comes with the ほむらの服 outfit, which would also explain why he can't find it under the standard listing.

Aw thank you, that's the right one but sadly ...

Syklo
Jan 6, 2015, 06:28 AM
Ah wrong type of Fi/Bo.

Ringa's rings are kind of troublesome for Fighter yea. In a way I suppose he's a bit of a DPS check - can you break his rings before he gets close to you? If you can't then the fight is going to be a bit harder... or you could Ilgrants the rings :wacko: On Fighter, I honestly just swapped to a bow and Penetrate Arrowed them because FiBr.

Ringa itself has a lot of short range PBAoEs like its spin and ground smash, but very little in terms of long range attacks except for its forked projectile. When it charges forward to shoot beams, run right up and wail on it. The beams will miss if you're in its face. It opens with its forward charge a lot so you usually get some free damage at the start.

For Nepto, with Freeze, the shell things get frozen and it gets held in place. If you break its trident, it will always crash land after it's done swinging. As far as I've seen, it practically does nothing but swing anyway, along with the occasional 360, so yea it crash lands a lot for me.
Honestly I just use my (somewhat bad) Niren Agitos, because I got them from ringa in those mothership EQs and they happen to be wind element (ELEMENT STANCE YO!). Maybe I just suck with DB's lol.

I usually just stay airbourne to avoid its forked waves, but when I do, I often get sucked up by the ring's tornadoes :/. Also I tend to get screwed over by it's katana slash that reduces my max hp. If I had TE sub i'd love this because super treatment, lol.
(Actually, now that I think about it, I shouldn't be using BO sub yet because I still have subclasses that could use some leeching)

Had no idea that freeze could work on nepto like that; guess my ice-freeze DS would be really helpful here! thanks.

Meoah
Jan 6, 2015, 12:23 PM
A question for anyone that uses Premium and has experimented with a Makeover Pass:
So I understand that using the Makeover Pass with Premium lets me keep changing things in the Salon. Well what happens when you log out? Do you still have free Premium Makeover for the full hour?
My real question is does the makeover pass apply only to the character you used it on? Or do you get the Premium Makeover for all your characters?
This is probably just wishful thinking, but I would like to make the most of my money.

NexusAZ
Jan 6, 2015, 12:26 PM
A question for anyone that uses Premium and has experimented with a Makeover Pass:
So I understand that using the Makeover Pass with Premium lets me keep changing things in the Salon. Well what happens when you log out? Do you still have free Premium Makeover for the full hour?
My real question is does the makeover pass apply only to the character you used it on? Or do you get the Premium Makeover for all your characters?
This is probably just wishful thinking, but I would like to make the most of my money.

It will only apply for one character and the timer will continue even while logged out, but you can still log back onto that character during that time and make changes.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 6, 2015, 01:18 PM

Selphia covered this a bit, but I'd like to add on a bit.

Personally, what I do with Blu Ringahda is break one ring, fight it normally until it rages, then break the other ring during its rage animation. It rages at about 40% health, so you should be able to kill it during the knockdown. If not, then it'll still have very little HP left. This is mainly to skip having to break rings again and deal with rage mode at the same time, one-knockdown killers obviously should just break the rings ASAP. Rings become more difficult to break every time they're regenerated and don't count toward Ringahda's HP total, so no sense in breaking them multiple times a fight. Also, everything Ringahda does while its rings are out pre-rage can be avoided simply by jumping, so staying around max jump height makes you untouchable, though if you're positioned badly it can hit you with its forward swings, but not its rotation or tail. Overall, as a Te/Hu without WLs, Ringahda usually takes a minute with this strategy, so a Fi/Bo should be seeing faster times since you can Limit Break and be completely safe thanks to Ringahda's blind zone.

Strategy for Rheo + Nepto is the same as what Selphia mentioned, break Nepto's trident first thing. Rheo has a big weak point for a belly similar to Org Blan, so concentrating damage on it makes short work of it. Rheo's only attack to worry about is its belly flop, which you can avoid with Step's invincibility frames. You can even position yourself so that Rheo physically blocks Nepto from getting close enough to smack you with its trident, though that's more coincidental than something that can be relied on, but it certainly makes the fight go smoother. I should also note that Nepto's freeze rate seems incredibly low, I once spent an entire fight trying to freeze it with Barta just to see what the animation was and how reliable the freeze rate was and ended up killing it before getting a single freeze, so yeah, don't count on it.

Does Innocent Appearance affect Namegid?

Yes. Innocent Appearance works for all uncharged techs (besides techs that don't do damage or do set damage, as is the case with Zanverse).

viciousbrandon
Jan 6, 2015, 03:06 PM
How many chapters is ep3. I've completed the 3rd matter board and chapter but haven't received the next matter board. Is it possible it hasn't been released yet? Or am I missing something to trigger it?

Anduril
Jan 6, 2015, 03:30 PM
How many chapters is ep3. I've completed the 3rd matter board and chapter but haven't received the next matter board. Is it possible it hasn't been released yet? Or am I missing something to trigger it?
Hasn't been released yet. Story chapters are slowly released over time.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 6, 2015, 04:16 PM
It will only apply for one character and the timer will continue even while logged out, but you can still log back onto that character during that time and make changes.

The countdown timer for makeover passes used when premium is active freezes when logged out. I have personally abused this. Also, you're free to chainge you character's support partner as much as you want in this window.

What I'm not sure of is if the free makeover rights extend to all characters on your account.

NexusAZ
Jan 6, 2015, 04:20 PM
The countdown timer for makeover passes used when premium is active freezes when logged out. I have personally abused this. Also, you're free to chainge you character's support partner as much as you want in this window.

What I'm not sure of is if the free makeover rights extend to all characters on your account.

About when was this? I used one long ago and it didn't freeze the timer for me.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 6, 2015, 04:29 PM
About when was this? I used one long ago and it didn't freeze the timer for me.

According to timestamps in picture filenames, mid march last year. That's when I went tanned skin+chestnut hair.

Also, it's BS how players cannot change cast muscle mass unless they use a makeover pass.

Kiyumi
Jan 6, 2015, 04:46 PM
How do I switch subpallettes? Under keyboard config it says "B" but when I press B it has the "unavailable" sound like using a moon when nobody is dead. Is it premium locked or something?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 6, 2015, 05:20 PM
How do I switch subpallettes? Under keyboard config it says "B" but when I press B it has the "unavailable" sound like using a moon when nobody is dead. Is it premium locked or something?

Should be defaulted to H when the weapon pallet wheel comes up after mousewheeling.

nanakatrin
Jan 6, 2015, 06:31 PM

When you have premium and use a makeover pass you can change not only your own character, but also your support partners?
O-O

Perfect Chaos
Jan 6, 2015, 06:48 PM
How do I switch subpallettes? Under keyboard config it says "B" but when I press B it has the "unavailable" sound like using a moon when nobody is dead. Is it premium locked or something?Since you are using keyboard, it is now simply better to change subpalettes by pressing 7-9 on the numbers key type (the ones on top of the letters or the number-pad) that you have set to change weapons. For changing subpalettes books, it's better to set chat shortcuts, or else you have to change it in the subpalettes menu.

Kiyumi
Jan 6, 2015, 06:52 PM
Should be defaulted to H when the weapon pallet wheel comes up after mousewheeling.

I found it thank you!

Syklo
Jan 6, 2015, 09:31 PM
By default keyboard controls, you have B, G and H keys for the subpalette stuff.
You'll notice on the subpalette that you have a "selection box" (white), and depending on your options, the name for the selected slot will briefly show. Pressing B will "use" this slot, G/H keys move this box left/right. Think of it as how you'd use the whole subpalette with a controller.

Pressing F/R will open the weapon palette wheel; pressing G/H in this case will switch to the subpalette wheel.

Of course you could just use numpad 7-9 keys (default) to switch between subpalettes in the book. To switch between books, just use your shortcut that opens subpalette customisation, and press the tab switch keys, or do whatever you do that switches between tabs/labels.

However, if you want to switch weapons AND subpalettes, it is probably better to use the wheel method, since there's a small lag phase between switches via hotkeys.

Selphia covered this a bit, but I'd like to add on a bit.

Personally, what I do with Blu Ringahda is break one ring, fight it normally until it rages, then break the other ring during its rage animation. It rages at about 40% health, so you should be able to kill it during the knockdown. If not, then it'll still have very little HP left. This is mainly to skip having to break rings again and deal with rage mode at the same time, one-knockdown killers obviously should just break the rings ASAP. Rings become more difficult to break every time they're regenerated and don't count toward Ringahda's HP total, so no sense in breaking them multiple times a fight. Also, everything Ringahda does while its rings are out pre-rage can be avoided simply by jumping, so staying around max jump height makes you untouchable, though if you're positioned badly it can hit you with its forward swings, but not its rotation or tail. Overall, as a Te/Hu without WLs, Ringahda usually takes a minute with this strategy, so a Fi/Bo should be seeing faster times since you can Limit Break and be completely safe thanks to Ringahda's blind zone.

Strategy for Rheo + Nepto is the same as what Selphia mentioned, break Nepto's trident first thing. Rheo has a big weak point for a belly similar to Org Blan, so concentrating damage on it makes short work of it. Rheo's only attack to worry about is its belly flop, which you can avoid with Step's invincibility frames. You can even position yourself so that Rheo physically blocks Nepto from getting close enough to smack you with its trident, though that's more coincidental than something that can be relied on, but it certainly makes the fight go smoother. I should also note that Nepto's freeze rate seems incredibly low, I once spent an entire fight trying to freeze it with Barta just to see what the animation was and how reliable the freeze rate was and ended up killing it before getting a single freeze, so yeah, don't count on it.

Less than a minute!? Gee I have a long way to go then, lol. Didn't know about the rings being more durable per break, and I guess that's a much better strategy than what I do, heh.

I'll probably experiment more with rheo/nepto once I see how nepto freezes; I'm a somewhat weak character so I'm probably more likely to get it, especially with DS+freeze.

Thanks though!

suzaku0zero0
Jan 6, 2015, 10:34 PM
does 13 star weapon's potential give a +10% increase of your total attack stats (including from weapon, armor and skill tree) or just 10% of weapon's stats?

Rakurai
Jan 6, 2015, 10:37 PM
It's just a flat 10% damage bonus.

suzaku0zero0
Jan 6, 2015, 11:31 PM
It's just a flat 10% damage bonus.

a flat 10% bonus base off which atk stats? total s atk stat including units/weapon/tree)?

manthisis
Jan 6, 2015, 11:41 PM
When do they distribute the free "All Skill Tree Reset" passes?

KazukiQZ
Jan 6, 2015, 11:46 PM
^When there's major skill changes/addition been made. And so far, no notice of that.

milranduil
Jan 6, 2015, 11:51 PM
a flat 10% bonus base off which atk stats? total s atk stat including units/weapon/tree)?

10% damage bonus not stat bonus.

Dugs
Jan 6, 2015, 11:56 PM
In other words, let's say you hit for 1000, the 10% bonus makes you do 1100.

Kiyumi
Jan 7, 2015, 01:08 AM
Am I supposed to be able to solo XQs? I want XQ weps/units but I cant solo the floors past 50 when the monsters jump to lvl 70. I can do 50-55 sometimes with a high failure rate, which is stupid to try when passes are limited.

I keep getting "stuck" at floor 50 because I have nobody to do XQs with because Im on a JP team and everyone is sleeping/at school while Im online. And random parties are basically nonexistent because everyone is busy farming anga because they already have good gear.

Xaeris
Jan 7, 2015, 01:13 AM
Soloing XQs is within the potential of a player, yes. You'll definitely need to be particular about your build if you want consistent success at a decent clip while succeeding at the stage orders so you can actually take loot with you. What class are you doing them as?

Syklo
Jan 7, 2015, 03:08 AM
Out of curiosity, is anything supposed to happen after reaching 100% on the magatsu counter thing?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 7, 2015, 03:57 AM
When you have premium and use a makeover pass you can change not only your own character, but also your support partners?
O-O

Yes we can.

Frankincense
Jan 7, 2015, 06:25 AM
How would I go about making a Leo mag? It says "Strike > Others", but simulator keeps spitting out Delphinus no matter what I've tried.

If it won't screw it up, factor in as much R-ATK as possible. <_<

NexusAZ
Jan 7, 2015, 06:34 AM
How would I go about making a Leo mag? It says "Strike > Others", but simulator keeps spitting out Delphinus no matter what I've tried.

If it won't screw it up, factor in as much R-ATK as possible. <_<

This requires that your first Evolution is Dex based, so Antila is the first evo you would need for it. In order to keep Antila as the base mag, you would have to get two levels at the same time to skip X5 and X0 levels. This will skip the change in Evolution. Once you hit 100 and get Leo, you'll have to do something similar in order to keep Leo from evolving.

Frankincense
Jan 7, 2015, 07:04 AM
This requires that your first Evolution is Dex based, so Antila is the first evo you would need for it. In order to keep Antila as the base mag, you would have to get two levels at the same time to skip X5 and X0 levels. This will skip the change in Evolution. Once you hit 100 and get Leo, you'll have to do something similar in order to keep Leo from evolving.

Hmm.. Using this. (http://pso2ss.6.ql.bz/mag/)
Would doing it this way work?
S-ATK to 30 (for Lyra's HP Recovery J) > DEX to 50 > S-ATK to 49 > Double level DEX + S-ATK > Level S-ATK to 52 > Dump all I can into R-ATK but keep S-ATK 1 point higher at all times

I want to keep it Leo, but focus as much as I can on R-ATK...

Sorry, I'm not very good with mags ._. I end up needing more specific instructions.

Rakurai
Jan 7, 2015, 07:41 AM
Out of curiosity, is anything supposed to happen after reaching 100% on the magatsu counter thing?

It supposedly applies a ship wide rare drop boost for a lengthier period of time then you would've gotten from simply clearing the quest once.

I doubt 100% is ever going to happen without excessive Chain Trigger + Vol Graptor/Banishing Arrow abuse, though.

Syklo
Jan 7, 2015, 07:44 AM
It supposedly applies a ship wide rare drop boost for a lengthier period of time then you would've gotten from simply clearing the quest once.

I doubt 100% is ever going to happen without excessive Chain Trigger + Vol Graptor/Banishing Arrow abuse, though.
Man the highest I've seen is 45%....

Dephinix
Jan 7, 2015, 07:47 AM

"WB too good, let's nerf it and make all bosses not require it!"
Oh wait, that never actually happened. lul

Eternal255
Jan 7, 2015, 04:18 PM
I've been away for a while but was thinking about picking up a vita soon & dont recall the answer- if i wanted to play this on a vita but my isp or whatever is 'blocked' at home (i have to use tweaker proxy after the ddos bs), will the vita version not work as well?

TheszNuts
Jan 7, 2015, 04:26 PM
I've been away for a while but was thinking about picking up a vita soon & dont recall the answer- if i wanted to play this on a vita but my isp or whatever is 'blocked' at home (i have to use tweaker proxy after the ddos bs), will the vita version not work as well?

Vita will be blocked as well.

Eternal255
Jan 7, 2015, 05:09 PM
Vita will be blocked as well.

is there a way around it via proxy as well or no?

pretty much the whole reason i wanted to get a vita :p

i wonder if i could just wireless tether and get through...?

MRLADYBOY
Jan 7, 2015, 05:14 PM
is there a way around it via proxy as well or no?

pretty much the whole reason i wanted to get a vita :p

i wonder if i could just wireless tether and get through...?

My team mates used a VPN to get access, they played on vita. So yeah it is possible :D

Not sure if i would have to patience to play via that method, given the DC rates. But hey, if you dont mind that. Go for it.

knight1301
Jan 7, 2015, 06:04 PM
http://youtu.be/cTk7Qq6HTyw?t=2m30s

Hmm can I reduce light level in PSO2? In this video seem like a little darker than normal

Anduril
Jan 7, 2015, 06:15 PM
http://youtu.be/cTk7Qq6HTyw?t=2m30s

Hmm can I reduce light level in PSO2? In this video seem like a little darker than normal
Shader settings related to light source could help. Alternatively, it could just be the way they rendered the footage; you could probably do some adjustments to your video card like modifying contrast or brightness to get a similar look. Also, better shadows like those you get from ambient occlusion could help, but you need an nvidia video card to get that working right.

Eternal255
Jan 7, 2015, 06:40 PM
One more simple question: Whats the current max level & max mag level?

Anduril
Jan 7, 2015, 06:43 PM
One more simple question: Whats the current max level & max mag level?
75/75; 190.

SageAtlasEllimirri
Jan 7, 2015, 11:29 PM
hey guys! just got back into pso2 because i got help setting up my japanese vita, just a quick question about pallettes, once you have 6 pallettes is there a way to swap back to 3 so you can use sub-class weapons? i cannot read kanji so it's a real problem.... solutions?

LonelyGaruga
Jan 7, 2015, 11:49 PM
No, but you can use any weapon that you can equip for a given weapon palette slot, so having 6 is purely beneficial. Just replace the selected weapon with the weapon you want to equip,

Syklo
Jan 8, 2015, 03:48 AM
hey guys! just got back into pso2 because i got help setting up my japanese vita, just a quick question about pallettes, once you have 6 pallettes is there a way to swap back to 3 so you can use sub-class weapons? i cannot read kanji so it's a real problem.... solutions?
What are you even asking?
There is no such thing as a "sub-class" weapon, and # of palettes has no effect on what you can and can't equip.

To equip a weapon, your main class must be included in the weapon's class equippability parameter. Most weapons are equippable solely by the class it's relevant to. Some are all-class and others have weird combinations like HU/RA/BR. Of course, weapons can be crafted to have the all/additional class feature.

(Using PAs with said weapons is a different matter - you must have the relevant main/sub class for that. There are exceptions though)

Qualia
Jan 8, 2015, 04:29 AM
In pso2es, what exactly does a chip's ability level change, and how does it differ from the chip's grind level?

Rakurai
Jan 8, 2015, 04:52 AM
Ability level decreases the PP cost of active chips and increases the activation rate of passive chips.

If you're going to use those Lilipan chips to boost something, it should be either a PA/Tech chip or a passive chip, since you don't use the active ability chips nearly often enough for the PP reduction on those matter.

Achelousaurus
Jan 8, 2015, 02:29 PM
Recently I always get a glitch.
Whenever someone's shop has more than a few items the menu is messed up.
Parts just don't display properly. And usually the item I want to buy (and the one above and below) are invisible, as are all message boxes.
I.e. when I want to buy something I need to accept even though I don't see what and the risk to buy someone's 100 million rappy barrel cannon is big.

Does anyone else have this? does anyone know how to fix this without re-installing the game?

Kiyumi
Jan 8, 2015, 03:15 PM
Can you overwrite timed abilities that are already on units?

un1t27
Jan 8, 2015, 03:26 PM
Recently I always get a glitch.
Whenever someone's shop has more than a few items the menu is messed up.
Parts just don't display properly. And usually the item I want to buy (and the one above and below) are invisible, as are all message boxes.
I.e. when I want to buy something I need to accept even though I don't see what and the risk to buy someone's 100 million rappy barrel cannon is big.

Does anyone else have this? does anyone know how to fix this without re-installing the game?

A friend of mine has this same problem.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 8, 2015, 03:51 PM
Would you consider Iron Will + Automate Halfline redundant in the same HU tree? Thanks. n_n

LonelyGaruga
Jan 8, 2015, 03:53 PM
Yes, there's no reason to use Iron Will with Automate Halfline, because you should never be killed with it.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 8, 2015, 03:59 PM
Yes, there's no reason to use Iron Will with Automate Halfline, because you should never be killed with it.

It's a pity it's below 3 points of Guard Stance :(

untrustful
Jan 8, 2015, 05:07 PM
Got this mail in pso2es, this a emergency maintenance message, or an emergency code message?

http://i.imgur.com/4OkzF5t.png

Sizustar
Jan 8, 2015, 05:17 PM
Got this mail in pso2es, this a emergency maintenance message, or an emergency code message?

http://i.imgur.com/4OkzF5t.png

Forest EQ in Main game

And PSO2es question should go in the PSO2es Topic
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3224944

Dephinix
Jan 8, 2015, 05:47 PM
Can you overwrite timed abilities that are already on units?

Yeah, I usually keep swapping Ult and Shironia on my lucky rise set.

Viper Snake
Jan 8, 2015, 05:55 PM
Is the SSPN Launcher better off crafted?

un1t27
Jan 8, 2015, 06:08 PM
Is the SSPN Launcher better off crafted?

uh yeah.

Kiyumi
Jan 8, 2015, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I usually keep swapping Ult and Shironia on my lucky rise set.

Okay thank you! Thats a good reminder, I remember I still have that lucky rise set I wore since I was a noob.

manthisis
Jan 8, 2015, 06:24 PM
I'm having trouble surviving using gunslash since I only have step dodge to keep myself alive. Any tips?

Qualia
Jan 8, 2015, 07:48 PM
Is there a reason why SH Nab2's Rockbear doesn't count for the SH Rockbear daily order? The CO says 60+, and the one in SH Nab2 is 65.

untrustful
Jan 8, 2015, 07:58 PM
I'm having trouble surviving using gunslash since I only have step dodge to keep myself alive. Any tips?

Your options are as follows:
1. Add 1-10 SP into the Step Advance skill of one of your classes.
2. git gud practice practice practice
3. Affix more hp and def into your weapons and units, or use SP to give more of each.
4. Use a Main or Subclass that grants resta use.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 8, 2015, 08:04 PM
Is there a reason why SH Nab2's Rockbear doesn't count for the SH Rockbear daily order? The CO says 60+, and the one in SH Nab2 is 65.

That rockbear is lv56-58 afaik.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 8, 2015, 08:16 PM

Practice. Step is the best dodge action in the game. 1 SP in Step Advance like I said last time you asked (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3224486#post3224486) should be good. Affixing HP helps if you're using super armored PAs, but that's about the extent of it. Practice is more important.

As Ryudo said, it's not actually level 65. Mid-bosses in Nab II have a considerably lower level than the rest of the enemies. Same deal with the Caterdra'n in Amduscia TA.

sedaziel
Jan 8, 2015, 08:16 PM
I have two characters in my ID, and both of their skin color was wrong/not as I intended.
So, if I buy a makeover pass, will I able to change *both* of their skin or just one of them ?

manthisis
Jan 8, 2015, 08:19 PM
Practice. Step is the best dodge action in the game. 1 SP in Step Advance like I said last time you asked (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3224486#post3224486) should be good. Affixing HP helps if you're using super armored PAs, but that's about the extent of it. Practice is more important.

Ah, missed that. ^^;

Thanks though! I'll try it out and practice some more

Anduril
Jan 8, 2015, 08:22 PM
I have two characters in my ID, and both of their skin color was wrong/not as I intended.
So, if I buy a makeover pass, will I able to change *both* of their skin or just one of them ?
Just one.

sedaziel
Jan 8, 2015, 08:23 PM
Just one.

alright, thanks for the fast reply

Anduril
Jan 8, 2015, 08:25 PM
alright, thanks for the fast reply
Mind, if you logged in eight days between Dec 25. 00:00JST and Jan 6 23:59JPT you'll be getting a Free Salon Pass early February.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 9, 2015, 12:11 AM
Just thinking out loud....is Dark/Ice Builds a thing when it comes to FO/TE (TE/FO?)

And by being a thing...i mean it being viable.....

Dephinix
Jan 9, 2015, 12:24 AM
It was before nerf. I'm personally rolling a fire/ice force tree, and use techer for pp regen. It is viable I would say, but Namegid doesn't hit hard enough imo anymore.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 9, 2015, 12:36 AM
Ah I see....the reason why the question popped up was because i was going to do a theme on my other char (whenever i get to it) and Dark n Ice would fit perfectly...but at the same time....dont want to be poor performance wise :o

Dephinix
Jan 9, 2015, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't say it's poor, if you really want that theme. Unless it's XH or ULT, should be more than fine. Hopefully after EQ more people can add in to this.

Rakurai
Jan 9, 2015, 02:32 AM
Pretty sure Na Megid still has the highest DPS out of any tech assuming you're not under the effects of Super Treatment and/or PP Convert to allow for Il Barta/Ra Grants spamming.

Dephinix
Jan 9, 2015, 03:50 AM
Mmm, elaborate please~
I know I can cast 3 Namegids in the pp cost it would take Il Barta's 7th, or so, so that makes sense, but dps wise, I feel like fire would outperform it then. Just speculation, of course.

Rakurai
Jan 9, 2015, 05:11 AM
It's mostly its PP efficiency that it has going for it.

My Na Megid does about 120K damage on weak points (On non-dark weak enemies), whereas Ra Foie hits for about 20K. I can get off 10 Ra Foie in the time it takes to do a single Na Megid, but it takes six of them to equal a Na Megid in damage, which costs almost twice as much PP.

Dephinix
Jan 9, 2015, 05:41 AM
Mmm, that might be it. I've always used Foie over Rafoie, and, for me at least, Foie with PP mod does as much as Rafoie with it's power mod. In the sense of Rafoie(pp cost), definitely. So I guess that might depend on Foie's mod/if you have one. What about using a gunslash for pp Regen? Would that factor change anything?

Lengthen message to five more characters. Might explain the recent loss of posts lately.

Chacron
Jan 9, 2015, 12:22 PM
Question, in the braver skill tree it has for both weak stance charge and average stance charge. I was curious if the affects the Katana PAs and if it affects other classes with charging PAs as well like hunter's Rising Edge.

SkylyVi
Jan 9, 2015, 12:37 PM
How big of a disadvantage will i be if my mag ends up with 25 DEX and the rest striking? it was not intentional but i dont think i can get a new mag ( is there a way to reset points? ;-; )

I know its bad but how bad would you say? Would i potentially lose out on equipping and special weapons? (hunter/bra/fighter classes)

PokeminMaster
Jan 9, 2015, 12:44 PM
How big of a disadvantage will i be if my mag ends up with 25 DEX and the rest striking? it was not intentional but i dont think i can get a new mag ( is there a way to reset points? ;-; )

I know its bad but how bad would you say? Would i potentially lose out on equipping and special weapons? (hunter/bra/fighter classes)
I could be wrong, but I don't think 25 points makes all that much of a difference, so you should be fine (considering 700-whatever is the highest required value, which isn't hard to obtain at higher levels)

Edson Drake
Jan 9, 2015, 12:58 PM

It's 25 T/R/S-ATK lost. But the good news is that if you craft weapons, that 25 dex is actually useful. Just add another 30 ATK on one of your weapons and units to offset the loss.

You can reset your mag but it's more expensive than just buying another one.

Kondibon
Jan 9, 2015, 01:12 PM
Question, in the braver skill tree it has for both weak stance charge and average stance charge. I was curious if the affects the Katana PAs and if it affects other classes with charging PAs as well like hunter's Rising Edge.It affects any PA or tech that can be charged and the katana PAs that do that timed charge thing.

Eternal255
Jan 9, 2015, 01:13 PM
I seem to be getting frequent disconnects using the tweaker proxy. I never used to disconnect before, does anyone know if this is something on their end, or is there just a lot more people using it now?

LonelyGaruga
Jan 9, 2015, 01:26 PM
Mmm, that might be it. I've always used Foie over Rafoie, and, for me at least, Foie with PP mod does as much as Rafoie with it's power mod. In the sense of Rafoie(pp cost), definitely. So I guess that might depend on Foie's mod/if you have one. What about using a gunslash for pp Regen? Would that factor change anything?

Not really. Namegid's ridiculous charge time ensures that it gets a lot of mileage from PP Charge Revival. 5 PP/1s, 7 PP with maxed PP Restorate. Charge time of 6s means its actual cost is 18-30 PP (+5-15 if power recipe), which makes it the most PP efficient tech in the game for how much damage it does. The actual DPS is pretty low though, it's only 545 per 1s uncrafted (620-670 if power recipe). The only dark tech with worse DPS is Megid, never mind the fact that Gimegid, Ramegid, and Samegid all have charge time reduction recipes. That's not getting into other elements, either.

Namegid actually has better DPS uncharged even if you weren't using an Elysion, but then it becomes pretty much the least PP efficient tech in the game.

Nulve
Jan 9, 2015, 03:41 PM
What's the easiest and cheapest way to get a grind skip +7?

nathanielzor
Jan 9, 2015, 04:08 PM
What's the easiest and cheapest way to get a grind skip +7?
Wait for the first hour of a popular AC scratch to come out and buy as many 7* costumes as you can while they undercut the price really low.

Destati
Jan 9, 2015, 05:15 PM
Which EQs have Extra Hard versions of them?

LonelyGaruga
Jan 9, 2015, 05:45 PM
City
Dark Falz Elder
Fang Banther
Christmas
TD1
Volcanic Guerillas
Desert Guerillas
Magatsu

Next update will add Big Vardha and TD2. Two weeks from that will add Cougar NX and Cradle of Darkness.

untrustful
Jan 9, 2015, 06:17 PM
Anyone got a pic of a troll map? I need it so I can make a symbol art out of it for my secret military base. Strategery and all that.

Dephinix
Jan 9, 2015, 06:27 PM
Tundra Troll:
http://puu.sh/eiM93/deb87c92b0.jpg

Funji Trolled, 3 times:
http://puu.sh/eiLOh/23bfe2c78c.jpg

.Jack
Jan 9, 2015, 08:37 PM
What's the name of the LA that makes the clapping sound and then bows down?

Anduril
Jan 9, 2015, 08:46 PM
What's the name of the LA that makes the clapping sound and then bows down?
77「お参り」 Worship /la omairi

Eternal255
Jan 9, 2015, 09:10 PM
Im trying to change graphics settings via tweaker but everytime i click save the tweaker crashes. is there a way around this?

edit: found the reset option, seems to have worked.

saraishadow
Jan 9, 2015, 09:32 PM
How far along is the story translation so far?

Anduril
Jan 9, 2015, 09:44 PM
How far along is the story translation so far?
Last I recall, up to the main story line of the last chapter of Ep.2 is translated, but is missing some of Ep.2's blue tablets and Zeno's sidestory from Matter Board EP2-6, along with some miscellaneous blue tablets and events that keep getting untranslated.

untrustful
Jan 9, 2015, 10:50 PM
Did sega change bow actions so that shift doesn't have to be held anymore to use the other 2 pas for bow? How do I change it back? Can it be changed back?

Anduril
Jan 9, 2015, 11:02 PM
Did sega change bow actions so that shift doesn't have to be held anymore to use the other 2 pas for bow? How do I change it back? Can it be changed back?
Click/Hold settings in your control options.

Eternal255
Jan 9, 2015, 11:07 PM
i need a link to the most up to date weapon database, can someone help me out?

Anduril
Jan 9, 2015, 11:13 PM
i need a link to the most up to date weapon database, can someone help me out?
PSO2 jp wiki in Google translate. (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php&usg=ALkJrhjocfs_Ti16OuBv002LsfkfYM-Mzw)

XbikXBd
Jan 10, 2015, 12:38 PM
What class combo would be best for max jet boots damage?

Anduril
Jan 10, 2015, 12:54 PM
I think it is Fi/Bo focusing on Crit build/crafted weapons.

XbikXBd
Jan 10, 2015, 01:36 PM
I think it is Fi/Bo focusing on Crit build/crafted weapons.

Kool do you know how the skill tree would most likely look?

RagolianHunter
Jan 10, 2015, 01:40 PM
Error 249?

Poyonche
Jan 10, 2015, 01:43 PM
Kool do you know how the skill tree would most likely look?

As I use T-Atk jetboots (no Switch Strike, I have more T than S) and I use Bio Jetboots, here is my skill tree, it isn't the best, but it is cool to me. :3

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09AsbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm jcAb36dodBIb00000000j2BdAcFINfeAGKGKfHn000008dofuo I2IoiocFixJIdxI200000fdBIbiQ2ogXqFGAJkIbdA0000lo00 000007oIniQbnrKGNqBikfGA2N000009bIo0000008dobokbI2 qBI2bsfrFnkGKIb00008

LonelyGaruga
Jan 10, 2015, 02:12 PM

Fi/Bo (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09AqbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm jda8dodBIb00000000jdBdAI2bnfeBfJkIFJbbnI200000jdoi b0000000fdo000000lo00000007oIn00000000IbIo0000008d oGB4NfqBfeFbsrFfJkIb00008) (T-ATK)
Bo/Hu (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?092gbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm da0fdodBIbkAIkI2IodnINGAjJksNI2000000dBdAI2bnfeBfJ kIFJbbnI200000jdoib0000000fdo000000lo00000007oIn00 000000IbIo0000008dBbokInNqBI2eFeFrFfGKIb00008) (S-ATK)

Something like that, at least.

Valen13
Jan 10, 2015, 06:02 PM
Can anly one tell me about the new PAs, espcially chase arrow, how to you yse them effectively?

sedaziel
Jan 10, 2015, 07:41 PM
I want to ask another thing again

How does the "Color Change Pass" works ? Is it just few preset colors or it has a color slider like CAST-race have ?

Sizustar
Jan 10, 2015, 07:45 PM
I want to ask another thing again

How does the "Color Change Pass" works ? Is it just few preset colors or it has a color slider like CAST-race have ?

It's like the hair color option.

sedaziel
Jan 10, 2015, 08:37 PM
It's like the hair color option.

noted, thanks a lot

manthisis
Jan 10, 2015, 08:56 PM
When requesting another person to craft for you, can you have them apply a 30% relax equip condition and Add Class (Ranger)?

Like, im not able to extend an 11* Nasuyoteri to lvl 8, but I want to have it with the two support items mentioned above so I can equip it.

Terrence
Jan 10, 2015, 10:46 PM
When requesting another person to craft for you, can you have them apply a 30% relax equip condition and Add Class (Ranger)?
Yes but only if you have the needed items on your inventory when you ask for the craft (you can add them on the request screen).

manthisis
Jan 10, 2015, 11:15 PM
Does Bo's Break Stance also amplify damage on already broken parts and/or weakspots that weren't broken?

Jim
Jan 10, 2015, 11:15 PM
I've got someone in the AC Guide thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199490&page=36) who bought 5150 AC, but doesn't have it in game yet. They even included a transcript of their confirmation E-mail (third quote). I've barely played the game in nearly two years; is there some sort of processing period for large AC purchases now?

i was wondering is purchasing through WM credited to your account instantly? or do you have to wait before the AC appears on your account???

On a side note, i've been using seagm.com for all my gaming cards. For me they are pretty cheap because i'm premium member but they sell almost any type of gaming currency out there.

i've charged using WM but i don't have any arks cash. In my purchase history it said i have purchased 5000yen using WM. i also got an email from sega. Anduril said something about finalization, is my case not finalized yet???

======================================
◆◇ 決済完了のお知らせ  ◆◇
======================================

この度は、『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご利用いただきありがとうございます。
下記の通り、決済が完了いたしましたのでご連絡いたします。

------------------------------------------------------------
商品名:5150AC
お支払方法:WebMoney
決済内容:5000円(税込)
------------------------------------------------------------

SEGA IDでログインし「購入履歴」より詳細を確認できます。
https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2

★本メールにお心当たりがない場合
本メールにお心当たりがない場合、あなたの決済情報が不正に使用されている可能性があります。
恐れ入りますが、下記よりお問い合わせください。

【ご注意】
このメールは配信専用のため、返信してもお答えできません。
お問い合わせは下記で受け付けております。

【お問い合わせ先】
その他、ご質問などございましたら、
「SEGA ID管理ページ」の「お問い合わせ」よりご連絡ください。
http://gw.sega.jp/

(C)SEGA

LonelyGaruga
Jan 10, 2015, 11:18 PM
Does Bo's Break Stance also amplify damage on already broken parts and/or weakspots that weren't broken?

Break Stance only applies to parts that haven't been broken yet, once they break the bonus is lost. Some parts can break repeatedly, such as Dark Ragne's legs or Magatsu's faces. Some parts qualify as breakable even after being broken and remain that way the entire fight, such as Vol's face, Quartz's nose, and Zeshrayda's legs. Break Stance will continue working until a part can no longer be broken.

Kiyumi
Jan 10, 2015, 11:51 PM
Does GGG require parts to be broken to drop units?

I completed the CO from Lubert saying to break his right foot, but his feet dont have any visual change...ever even though I killed the boss by only attacking at his feet. How am I supposed to know if its broken or not?

LonelyGaruga
Jan 10, 2015, 11:57 PM
Yes. Head part must be destroyed for rear unit, chest for arm unit, and either foot (or both, unsure) for the leg unit.

The armor on the shoes gets visibly wrecked when it's broken, and Gigur collapses onto one foot and puts his head in jumping range. You know how it has sort of a face design on the armor for its feet? If the face is...uh, defaced, it's broken.

Kiyumi
Jan 11, 2015, 12:04 AM
Yes. Head part must be destroyed for rear unit, chest for arm unit, and either foot (or both, unsure) for the leg unit.

The armor on the shoes gets visibly wrecked when it's broken, and Gigur collapses onto one foot and puts his head in jumping range. You know how it has sort of a face design on the armor for its feet? If the face is...uh, defaced, it's broken.

Oh okay, thanks. So breaking his foot makes him kneel down. Its not so obvious like Chrome Dragon flinching where he grabs his face. Ill see if I can detect that next time.

Anduril
Jan 11, 2015, 01:36 AM
Just a random thought that popped in my head while I was looking at weapons with elemental tech power boosting potentials: how viable would a Fo/Bo focused on Element Conversion/Elemental Stance with a rainbow set of crafted rods with the aforementioned potentials be (versus a typical Fo/Te build)? A quick build I made, just needing Mastery skills (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09BdbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm jcKIY6dodBIb00000000jdoIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000 000lobniN2SGAIk000000loIn00000000IbIo0000008doGB4N fqn6rFfJkIb00008). I don't plan on going that route, I'm just curious since crafting and +40ing a 50% ice Elder Rod seems cheaper and more viable than getting a Nepto Rod.

Dephinix
Jan 11, 2015, 02:03 AM
Force Braver would meet the same goal better, have banish arrow, and also have pp regen with bow. Other than lightning looking cool with boots, and the shift action for some close ranged pp recovery and stagger, I doubt it works well. Fo/Te will still get better dps too, I believe.

Xaeris
Jan 11, 2015, 02:05 AM
Fo/Bo doesn't hold a candle to Fo/Te, to be blunt. First off, Elemental Weak Hit from the Te tree shrinks the damage advantage the Bo's Elemental Stance would provide, and from there, you're missing out on Te's massive utility skills like PP Restorate, PP Convert and most importantly, Territory Burst, just to name a few.

Anduril
Jan 11, 2015, 02:15 AM
Force Braver would meet the same goal better, have banish arrow, and also have pp regen with bow. Other than lightning looking cool with boots, and the shift action for some close ranged pp recovery and stagger, I doubt it works well. Fo/Te will still get better dps too, I believe.

Fo/Bo doesn't hold a candle to Fo/Te, to be blunt. First off, Elemental Weak Hit from the Te tree shrinks the damage advantage the Bo's Elemental Stance would provide, and from there, you're missing out on Te's massive utility skills like PP Restorate, PP Convert and most importantly, Territory Burst, just to name a few.
Figured as much. Like I said, never intended to go that route, was just curious. Thanks.

Eternal255
Jan 11, 2015, 02:55 AM
How many floors are there on the extreme quests now? I coulda sworn I heard there were 100.

Xaeris
Jan 11, 2015, 02:57 AM
70 is the current top floor.

Eternal255
Jan 11, 2015, 02:59 AM
70 is the current top floor.

Oh. Is the tundra one supposed to be easier than the rest?

.Jack
Jan 11, 2015, 03:18 AM
Does GGG require parts to be broken to drop units?

I'm not 100% certain if this applies to other boss. Quartz for example drops units just by killing it asap in AQs (building high risk, a rare lvl3 infected crys mostly). I'm not sure if that has been changed or not in past updates.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 11, 2015, 03:23 AM
Oh. Is the tundra one supposed to be easier than the rest?

Forest was stated to be intended to be easier than Tundra, and Oceanids was supposed to be harder, but they're all easy in practice.

I'm not 100% certain if this applies to other boss. Quartz for example drops units just by killing it asap in AQs (building high risk, a rare lvl3 infected crys mostly). I'm not sure if that has been changed or not in past updates.

Varies from boss to boss. Weapons have this too, Gigur has its themed weapons tied to the breaks as well as units, while some bosses will never have weapons added to drops from broken parts.

Syklo
Jan 11, 2015, 03:43 AM
I remember back when Falz Elder first came out, it had weird properties with brave/wise stance being relative to the platform rather than the boss "dot" on the minimap.

I'd like to know if:
This is still true, and
any other enemies that have other weird things regarding B/W stance?

Walkure
Jan 11, 2015, 04:05 AM
Still true because it's centered around the platform. Same as Vardha.

There's a visual clue for Vardha's center for stances; if you're behind the center of the small platform I'm on in this screenshot, you're in Wise Stance.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/2ctoJwF.png[/spoiler-box]
Line is a bit off in angle, but you get the point.

nanakatrin
Jan 11, 2015, 04:28 AM
I remember there was a new feature to be able to have your support partners stay in the room after giving them quests. I have tried like an hour with google to figure it out, but still can't. Where do I go to enable this feature? I like to stare at my children's faces everytime I'm in my room..):

final_attack
Jan 11, 2015, 04:31 AM
I remember there was a new feature to be able to have your support partners stay in the room after giving them quests. I have tried like an hour with google to figure it out, but still can't. Where do I go to enable this feature? I like to stare at my children's faces everytime I'm in my room..):

After selecting COs, select the middle option (left one to confirm only, and your partner leave, I believe)), I think to send them and leave a copy in Room.

nanakatrin
Jan 11, 2015, 04:37 AM
After selecting COs, select the middle option (left one to confirm only, and your partner leave, I believe)), I think to send them and leave a copy in Room.

Wow, thank you! I'm so happy <3 I can't believe I didn't notice this before. I can' thank you enough.

Dephinix
Jan 11, 2015, 06:01 AM
I remember back when Falz Elder first came out, it had weird properties with brave/wise stance being relative to the platform rather than the boss "dot" on the minimap.

I'd like to know if:
This is still true, and
any other enemies that have other weird things regarding B/W stance?

Zesh has been giving me problems when he goes on his back exposing his main weak point(can't proc brave). Along with his foot issue(rangers shooting
at weak bullet at his right foot when he does the turn around and fire shots from his back standing up, it will hit his left instead, and vice versa).

Not sure what they did to fuck it up, but yay.

Psycl0ne
Jan 11, 2015, 07:32 AM
anybody know how to get the 3 Braver excubes needed for "The Perfect Braver I" it doesn't give much info on the quest order...

Saagonsa
Jan 11, 2015, 07:39 AM
anybody know how to get the 3 Braver excubes needed for "The Perfect Braver I" it doesn't give much info on the quest order...

They're the level cap bonus for "leveling up" while you're at max level. Though you only get one per "level" so you need to do it 3 times.

Psycl0ne
Jan 11, 2015, 07:44 AM
They're the level cap bonus for "leveling up" while you're at max level. Though you only get one per "level" so you need to do it 3 times.

thank you!

Walkure
Jan 11, 2015, 07:55 AM
Zesh has been giving me problems when he goes on his back exposing his main weak point(can't proc brave). Along with his foot issue(rangers shooting
at weak bullet at his right foot when he does the turn around and fire shots from his back standing up, it will hit his left instead, and vice versa).

Not sure what they did to fuck it up, but yay.
He falls backwards so that the chest weakspot is actually a little bit behind his center.

Symphonic Drive oddly has enough reach to stay in Brave Stance at a straight angle. You can also use Holding Current from around where his feet are lying.

Terrence
Jan 11, 2015, 10:51 AM
Greetings. All my five Sato have ケートス・プロイ (Ketos Proi) as PB but without Charge PP Revival (TEchter/BOuncer) it appears to be less effective for me. It charges faster than any other PB indeed but... I was thinking of changing the PB of one of my MAGs to ケートス・イメラ (Ketos Imera). It was the first PB I got back in 2012 but I was really disappointed in its poor aiming skill (slow, almost always missing, ...) and I would like to know if it has been improved since then. Today, is it a good/useful PB or not ? Thank you. (I could test it myself but it would cost me 8/16 Ex Cubes and I'm a skinflint at the moment, sorry...)

LonelyGaruga
Jan 11, 2015, 01:00 PM
Ketos Imera is still terrible. The only PB good for straight up damage is Ilios Proi, and it's still not as good as Ketos Proi or Julius Nifta because the only thing it does well is damage.

Use Julius Nifta. It's pretty much the more versatile PB in the game.

Terrence
Jan 11, 2015, 01:19 PM
OK for Ketos Imera. It is true Julius Nifta does wonders with my Level 60 female reroll. I may give it a try with my main character's new MAG sacrificing 8 Ex Cubes but I'll have to wait until 100 (77 for now, 175 T-ATK intended). Thanks for the advice.

manthisis
Jan 11, 2015, 02:46 PM
On cirnopedia, it says I can get a Relax Equip Condition 30% by crafting and getting Great Success 10 times. So, I crafed a 3* weapon 10 times with relax equip condition 10% (which gives the item great success after crafting) and I didn't receive anything. Help?

PokeminMaster
Jan 11, 2015, 03:30 PM
For a character level 75/75, what is considered "good" in terms of your class' native attack stat (before buffs are applied)?

Anduril
Jan 11, 2015, 03:51 PM
On cirnopedia, it says I can get a Relax Equip Condition 30% by crafting and getting Great Success 10 times. So, I crafed a 3* weapon 10 times with relax equip condition 10% (which gives the item great success after crafting) and I didn't receive anything. Help?
Title Counter; blond attendant next to the Class Counter.

manthisis
Jan 11, 2015, 04:03 PM
Title Counter; blond attendant next to the Class Counter.

Didn't even realize this existed; got like 25 photon spheres and dozens of tri boosters/rare drop boosters. LOL thanks

On another note, do people take a while to respond to craft requests? I need an 11* crafted to level 8 but not sure how long people will take to do it

LonelyGaruga
Jan 11, 2015, 04:05 PM
For a character level 75/75, what is considered "good" in terms of your class' native attack stat (before buffs are applied)?

Depends on the class and weapon. Twin Dagger Fighters will have pretty low S-ATK compared to a Techer with a wand equipped and Wand Reactor maxed out. General range should probably be 2500-2800 or 2900.

Base ATK: Probably in the area of 700-900, sometimes 1000-1100, but that's pretty much Fighter (main or sub) or Force.
Weapon ATK: Low ATK weapons are looking at 700-800, high ATK in the 1000-1200 range, with wands + Wand Reactor cheating with a 1300-1400 range for their S-ATK. This is ignoring Ares weapons by the way. Add 30 for Rare Mastery if you have it.
Affixes: Probably looking at +70-95 per unit, weapon too if you can manage it. 210-285 with just units, 280-380 with weapon too. Some people I know go for 130 ATK affixed (390-520!), but that's...up there. Add another 60-90 for unit bonus.

Think that's about it.

Anduril
Jan 11, 2015, 04:11 PM
Didn't even realize this existed; got like 25 photon spheres and dozens of tri boosters/rare drop boosters. LOL thanks

On another note, do people take a while to respond to craft requests? I need an 11* crafted to level 8 but not sure how long people will take to do it
It depends; craft requests depend on if/when the person logs in to get it done.

PokeminMaster
Jan 11, 2015, 05:55 PM
Depends on the class and weapon. Twin Dagger Fighters will have pretty low S-ATK compared to a Techer with a wand equipped and Wand Reactor maxed out. General range should probably be 2500-2800 or 2900.

Base ATK: Probably in the area of 700-900, sometimes 1000-1100, but that's pretty much Fighter (main or sub) or Force.
Weapon ATK: Low ATK weapons are looking at 700-800, high ATK in the 1000-1200 range, with wands + Wand Reactor cheating with a 1300-1400 range for their S-ATK. This is ignoring Ares weapons by the way. Add 30 for Rare Mastery if you have it.
Affixes: Probably looking at +70-95 per unit, weapon too if you can manage it. 210-285 with just units, 280-380 with weapon too. Some people I know go for 130 ATK affixed (390-520!), but that's...up there. Add another 60-90 for unit bonus.

Think that's about it.
Alright, so I guess my 2300 T-ATK isn't so bad after all... especially since I'm not yet done crafting up my Boots nor have I affixed my Units

Syklo
Jan 11, 2015, 07:55 PM
Welp, no one seemed to have answered this in the class discussion thread, and search still fails for me, so:

Does high time reset when one more time activates?

Selphea
Jan 11, 2015, 08:21 PM
Welp, no one seemed to have answered this in the class discussion thread, and search still fails for me, so:

Does high time reset when one more time activates?

According to Swiki,

ハイタイムを取得している場合、再発動したショウタイムはハイタイムの威力ボーナスが最大の状態からスター トする。
通常発動時と違い、再発動時のハイタイムの威力ボーナスはダメージを受けてもリセットされない 。

If you have High Time, the reactivated Showtime will start at High Time's maximum power.

Unlike normal activation, the reactivated High Time bonus will not be reset when damage is taken.

That's pretty nice. Too bad One More Time doesn't reactivate when another weapon is out :(

Syklo
Jan 11, 2015, 09:23 PM
If you have High Time, the reactivated Showtime will start at High Time's maximum power.

Unlike normal activation, the reactivated High Time bonus will not be reset when damage is taken.

That's pretty nice. Too bad One More Time doesn't reactivate when another weapon is out :(

Gives a whole new meaning to "Eternal Encore", amirite?

Wow, that's awesome to know. More reason to use showtime in advance.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 11, 2015, 10:01 PM
Does the Daily Triboost affect stack?

To my understanding, 3% of the boost goes away every 24 hours.

If you was already at 30% and cleared a daily quest after it....when the 24 hours is over would it show 30% still or would it show 27%?

Syklo
Jan 11, 2015, 10:19 PM
Does the Daily Triboost affect stack?

To my understanding, 3% of the boost goes away every 24 hours.

If you was already at 30% and cleared a daily quest after it....when the 24 hours is over would it show 30% still or would it show 27%?
Completing & Submitting a daily triboost order would buff your boost by 3% and reset the expiration timer to 24 hours.

E.g. if my boost was @ 27% and 00:00:56 and I hand in an order, it'd be back to 30% and 24:00:00

if my boost was @30% and 17:34:20 and I hand in an order, it'd be back to 30% and 24:00:00

Kiyumi
Jan 12, 2015, 01:53 AM
If I only have 1 skill tree, and play both Hu and Fi, does it make sense to get both Iron Will and the auto Automate skill for Hu tree?

Qualia
Jan 12, 2015, 02:45 AM
Should I be hitting <7k non-weakpoint rafoies with bert rodan pot 1 at level 53? Seems pretty low tbh.

Dephinix
Jan 12, 2015, 02:49 AM
You would have two skills that serve the same purpose, to keep you alive. Pretty redundant. If you use Limit Break, automate will easily become a huge enemy.
I like Iron Will just for maximizing damage, but the two together are bleh. Do you honestly need both auto heal and the chance to survive with 1hp? You could
just throw one point in Iron will for 30% chance, and keep automate maxed, if you really wanted both skills.

Dephinix
Jan 12, 2015, 02:54 AM
Should I be hitting <7k non-weakpoint rafoies with bert rodan pot 1 at level 53? Seems pretty low tbh.

Need more info. Is that full fire mastery, is that with blazing rafoie craft, is that as a techer sub, and are you getting Element weak hit bonus?

Qualia
Jan 12, 2015, 03:11 AM
Need more info. Is that full fire mastery, is that with blazing rafoie craft, is that as a techer sub, and are you getting Element weak hit bonus?

Yes to everything except element weak hit bonus.
Edit: Oh, and I'm missing ~13% more damage from general skills (missing 10 on JA tech bonus and 3 on charge tech bonus), but there's nothing I can do about that for another 13 levels.

Dephinix
Jan 12, 2015, 03:25 AM
Mmm, yeah, 75/58 Fo/Te here, Bert Rodan pot 1 +75 atk, +180 atk from units shifta and shifta drink for 2850 total t atk. Only getting 8k myself.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 12, 2015, 06:27 AM
If I only have 1 skill tree, and play both Hu and Fi, does it make sense to get both Iron Will and the auto Automate skill for Hu tree?

I'd suggest to choose one. Maxed automate probably.

Qualia
Jan 12, 2015, 11:39 AM
Mmm, yeah, 75/58 Fo/Te here, Bert Rodan pot 1 +75 atk, +180 atk from units shifta and shifta drink for 2850 total t atk. Only getting 8k myself.

Do you have points in any of the shita skills for your TE tree?

Poyonche
Jan 12, 2015, 03:34 PM
Does someone have the voices files of the operators : Brigitta, Hilda and Melitta ? I already have Henrietta's ones and I would like to get those, if you guys want of course. :3

Thanks o/

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 12, 2015, 05:15 PM
Does uncharged nazan send enemies flying?

Bellion
Jan 12, 2015, 05:24 PM
Yep.

5char

Dezno
Jan 12, 2015, 05:47 PM
what is the most populated ship and english speaking ship?

Walkure
Jan 12, 2015, 05:55 PM
Most populated ship is, I think, 4?

Most populated English speaking ship is definitely 2.

Chimeria
Jan 12, 2015, 06:36 PM
Is there any way to get the (default) Space Team Room theme for your own room? It's really the only track in the OST that I've heard that's similar to anything PSO and I want it!

Dephinix
Jan 12, 2015, 06:46 PM
Do you have points in any of the shita skills for your TE tree?

Shifta Advance is maxed, though I should have maxed t atk ups first. Derp. Prolly gives me an extra 20-25 right now.

Kiyumi
Jan 12, 2015, 07:33 PM
How does the guy in this video have like zero PP cost on everything? Hes spamming infinitely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eysFCp2MoFQ

Walkure
Jan 12, 2015, 07:38 PM
Looking at the first couple of seconds, Bolt Tech PP Save and Territory PP Save on top of that for Zondeel. Could also have some tech crafting for efficiency (I don't think those are popular choices though), but those skills are the big factors for Lightning FO (which works well in Lilipa natch).

Kiyumi
Jan 12, 2015, 07:51 PM
Looking at the first couple of seconds, Bolt Tech PP Save and Territory PP Save on top of that for Zondeel. Could also have some tech crafting for efficiency (I don't think those are popular choices though), but those skills are the big factors for Lightning FO (which works well in Lilipa natch).

*goes to look up what that is*

Oh so thats how Forces can spam and never have to normal attack.

What about his super PP regen?

final_attack
Jan 12, 2015, 08:14 PM
*goes to look up what that is*

Oh so thats how Forces can spam and never have to normal attack.

What about his super PP regen?

Probably weapon switching to natural PP recovery? There's ☆10Jet Boots with Natural PP recovery +16% (another +40% using Te as Sub (PP restorate)) for Il Zonde dashing or it could be PP consumption reduction potential (TD Jet Boots) .... And that icon in palette is PP convert too, right?

Syklo
Jan 12, 2015, 08:30 PM
Probably weapon switching to natural PP recovery? There's ☆10Jet Boots with Natural PP recovery +16% (another +40% using Te as Sub (PP restorate)) for Il Zonde dashing or it could be PP consumption reduction potential (TD Jet Boots) .... And that icon in palette is PP convert too, right?
Yeah it is PP convert, but it wasn't used for the pp regen at the start.

I bet their mag PP recovery buff on area change action triggered at the start.

Achelousaurus
Jan 12, 2015, 08:34 PM
So, a friend of mine claims Dio Visburn > Caduceus.
He says he used a pot 1 Dio Visburn and a pot 3 Caduceus, both at +10 and 50 light and affixes about the same.

And the Dio Visburn did about 500 more dmg per Ilgrants hit.

How is that possible?
Cause at pot 1 with talis tech bonus Dio Visburn adds 23% damage whereas pot 3 Caduceus adds 16% damage, only 7% more.

Now Visburn has 271 less t-atk, so that should be ~13% damage less than Caduceus.
So, Caduceus should do 6% more damage and 4% more if the Visburn was at pot 3.
But he says the Visburn was considerably stronger, how come?
Are there any other bonuses?

Or are the numbers wrong?
Recently I got a Darl Zentou with Brandish Splendor (kanran boost) lvl3 but instead of the 17% damage boost, I got about 8% damage boost, not 600-700 but only 300 more (tested many times).

Afin
Jan 12, 2015, 08:37 PM
Is there any way to get the (default) Space Team Room theme for your own room? It's really the only track in the OST that I've heard that's similar to anything PSO and I want it!
Hey partner!
I haven't heard the default team theme song (I've never been in a team b4 cry) but you can try checking/listening here (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/room_03.php#nav) for it. (some songs from the PSO OST are there as well) Hope this helps!

electrolytes
Jan 13, 2015, 01:02 AM
Does the english patch translate default party names, so that (if nothing is put in the party name box) parties created by someone with it installed will have English names, while parties created by someone playing without it will have ones in Japanese?

Anduril
Jan 13, 2015, 01:12 AM
Does the english patch translate default party names, so that (if nothing is put in the party name box) parties created by someone with it installed will have English names, while parties created by someone playing without it will have ones in Japanese?
Yes, since the default party name is the name of the mission, which is translated with the patch.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 13, 2015, 01:31 AM
How does the guy in this video have like zero PP cost on everything? Hes spamming infinitely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eysFCp2MoFQ

Bolt PP Save, Territory Burst PP Save, stacked mag PP Restore triggers. No -PP crafting recipes or Splendid Recovery weapons. The Jet Boots are camo'd, but probably Rose Flotz (16% lightning tech damage). Rod is Satellite Riser, Dual Blades look like TD.

So, a friend of mine claims Dio Visburn > Caduceus.
He says he used a pot 1 Dio Visburn and a pot 3 Caduceus, both at +10 and 50 light and affixes about the same.

And the Dio Visburn did about 500 more dmg per Ilgrants hit.

How is that possible?
Cause at pot 1 with talis tech bonus Dio Visburn adds 23% damage whereas pot 3 Caduceus adds 16% damage, only 7% more.

Now Visburn has 271 less t-atk, so that should be ~13% damage less than Caduceus.
So, Caduceus should do 6% more damage and 4% more if the Visburn was at pot 3.
But he says the Visburn was considerably stronger, how come?
Are there any other bonuses?

Or are the numbers wrong?
Recently I got a Darl Zentou with Brandish Splendor (kanran boost) lvl3 but instead of the 17% damage boost, I got about 8% damage boost, not 600-700 but only 300 more (tested many times).

What your friend is saying isn't accurate.

Math: [SPOILER-BOX]

Tech damage formula: (T-ATK - T-DEF) / 5 * Elemental Hitzone * 1.05 * Modifier * Power Notation * Potential

Example build (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09uDbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm jda8dodBIb00000000jdoIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo00000 0jdBbsfJI2SGB2XIh9n00000ioInfcKIbdnGAqBIxIKGN4IdA0 00009bIo0000008doIb0000008)

Base T-ATK: 1220
Affixes: Technique III/Spirita III/Ability III/Elder Soul/Technique Boost (+100, +400 total)
Shifta: 19.7% * 1.05% of base T-ATK, or 20.685% (+252)
Shifta Drink: 20% of base T-ATK (+244)
Rare Mastery: +30
Unit Bonus: +90
Photon Flare: +340

Caduceus: 1127 (Total: 3703)
Dio Visburn: 856 (Total: 3432)

Enemy T-DEF: 315
Element Hitzone: 1.2
1.05 = Mystery Modifier
Modifier = 3.73 (Caduceus), 4.48 (Dio Visburn)
Power Notation: 120% of 887 (charged level 17 Ilgrants), or 1064 (10.64) (10 hits)
Potential: 1.16 (Caduceus), 1.03 (Dio Visburn)

Caduceus: (3703 - 315) / 5 * 1.2 * 1.05 * 3.73 * 10.64 * 1.16 = 39,305 (3,930 per hit)
Dio Visburn: (3432 - 315) / 5 * 1.2 * 1.05 * 4.48 * 10.64 * 1.03 = 38,565 (3,856 damage per hit)

The more T-ATK you have from sources that aren't your weapon, the less the weapon's T-ATK matters. In other words, this test is incredibly lopsided toward Dio Visburn, and it still can't exceed Caduceus' damage. It needs a level 3 potential to do so. Your friend's equipment must be heavily lopsided against Caduceus' favor, or they messed up with damage testing.

There are more factors than just damage at stake for rods vs talises anyway, so your friend is wrong to compare the two in the first place.

And just so you know, that damage really is achievable. Not even 6s equipment. Does require Photon Flare though.[/SPOILER-BOX]

That aside, Kanran-kikyou is two hits. Damage increase is to the overall damage. Not per hit. 8% * 2 is pretty much how it should look.

Kiyumi
Jan 13, 2015, 02:12 AM
Bolt PP Save, Territory Burst PP Save, stacked mag PP Restore triggers. No -PP crafting recipes or Splendid Recovery weapons. The Jet Boots are camo'd, but probably Rose Flotz (16% lightning tech damage). Rod is Satellite Riser, Dual Blades look like TD.

Oooh...are those mag devices good for normal play? Or is this some super specialized TA minmax thing? I think theres some PP regen on Etrial ones, but I never really thought about it.

Related: what would be the best mag device setup? Im running with 1 invincibility thing and the rest HP restore A, is this optimal? Is it worth buying the mag extenders?

Dezno
Jan 13, 2015, 03:21 AM
A lot of the game is still in japanese is this normal or did I just mess up on the english patch?

By a lot I mean after the tutorial quest every NPC I talk to speaks in japanese

KazukiQZ
Jan 13, 2015, 03:42 AM
^It's normal. Those are not top priority for translation group (Could be at the bottom of priority list too)

Check if main menu, character info and quest menu (and many other important menu windows) are translated or not. That's the main focus of the translation , as for now.

Syklo
Jan 13, 2015, 04:49 AM
Yes, since the default party name is the name of the mission, which is translated with the patch.
Whoa, I thought it didn't? OOPS -busted-

Anyway, I decided to update my voice, and looked around for contexts for each of the voice commands, and apparently /vo10 = "Special action".

What exactly is this special action, if not photon blast?

Z-0
Jan 13, 2015, 04:51 AM
Boots are Ronda, the TD ones, although he uses the 8* Machine ones when he needs to do damage to Gilnas. Makes Ilzonde cost as low as 12PP or so.

KazukiQZ
Jan 13, 2015, 04:55 AM
Whoa, I thought it didn't? OOPS -busted-

Anyway, I decided to update my voice, and looked around for contexts for each of the voice commands, and apparently /vo10 = "Special action".

What exactly is this special action, if not photon blast?
vo9 and 10 are both for Photon Blast, but they got randomly chosen when using PB. Extra note, vo11 are for charge PAs (such as Kanran kikyou, Heel stab and Guilty Break)

Don't forget vo12 (Sega~). I used it for 'rare get' autowords xD

Syklo
Jan 13, 2015, 05:00 AM
vo9 and 10 are both for Photon Blast, but they got randomly chosen when using PB. Extra note, vo11 are for charge PAs (such as Kanran kikyou, Heel stab and Guilty Break)

Don't forget vo12 (Sega~). I used it for 'rare get' autowords xD

I KNEW IT! I SWEAR I HEARD BOTH IN PBs and turns out I was not wrong!

i'm curious about the voice- specific ones for /vo13-20 though.....if they exist :P

KazukiQZ
Jan 13, 2015, 05:34 AM
^Special voices has extra vo13-22. They're not used in any action, so players have to set them on autowords to make them appear.

Dephinix
Jan 13, 2015, 05:42 AM
To humorously have two vo#s go off at the same time for the same action. Shit will get loud fast.

reaper527
Jan 13, 2015, 01:46 PM
does anyone know if sega's having server issues with their email? i tried logging on from a new machine and got 650'ed. unfortunately, it's been an hour and the email with the code hasn't come through yet. after a half hour, i tried to log in and have it resend the code, but that didn't help.

SkylyVi
Jan 13, 2015, 02:15 PM
Just hit 60 on my first character (yay). Im getting abit tired of wearing this 8* unit Fen set. What is a good 9* unit set for Hunters?

Thanks!

Viper Snake
Jan 13, 2015, 04:27 PM
Holy Cannon or Ancient Oath?

Dezno
Jan 13, 2015, 08:31 PM
getting error 649 is maintenance today?

Anduril
Jan 13, 2015, 08:33 PM
getting error 649 is maintenance today?
Extended maintenance for the ARKS Unity Festive update. 7:00PMEST-3:00AMEST.

manthisis
Jan 13, 2015, 08:54 PM
Holy Cannon or Ancient Oath?

PA oriented latents usually aren't that good, because they rely on you only using that PA in particular. However, the other latent is also very situational, and will only work against enemies weak to fire.

I would go with Divine Launcher

n_n
Jan 13, 2015, 09:02 PM
Considering that a lot of the popular EQs have fire weak enemies, why shouldn't he go for AO? Divine Launcher is pretty situational imo

Dephinix
Jan 13, 2015, 09:09 PM
PA oriented latents usually aren't that good, because they rely on you only using that PA in particular. However, the other latent is also very situational, and will only work against enemies weak to fire.

I would go with Divine Launcher

Like Acrylic said, what would be more situational, you using one PA(I can't remember the last time I saw someone use Divine Launcher, besides me) all the time, or fighting an enemy weak to fire(Natives and a large amount of Darkers). Ancient Oath for sure.

the_importer_
Jan 13, 2015, 10:04 PM
So, a 2.90GB update, how much new stuff are we getting?

KazukiQZ
Jan 13, 2015, 10:16 PM
^Today's update shouldn't be that big, Bumped state it's only 303MB
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-extended-maintenance-and-patch-1142015/

Though, I did get more than 303MB, around 600MB+. Mine could have been because of not re-enable Opening Videos via Tweaker.

Yours could have been because of not reapplying Story Patch back-ups. As for what stuff we'll get: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-vitas-second-anniversary-event/

the_importer_
Jan 13, 2015, 10:18 PM
^Today's update shouldn't be that big, Bumped state it's only 303MB
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-extended-maintenance-and-patch-1142015/

Though, I did get more than 303MB, around 600MB+. Mine could have been because of not re-enable Opening Videos via Tweaker.

Yours could have been because of not reapplying Story Patch back-ups. As for what stuff we'll get: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-vitas-second-anniversary-event/

I haven't restored the JP story files before an update since we got the new story patch method, I thought that was the point of the new method.

AIDA, any thoughts on this?

Anduril
Jan 13, 2015, 10:29 PM
I haven't restored the JP story files before an update since we got the new story patch method, I thought that was the point of the new method.

AIDA, any thoughts on this?
AIDA did mention that you would need to rename the backup folders since they were changed. If you still have the old names, it means that the backups most likely weren't restored automatically like they should have been.

Source: PSO2 Tweaker post #5365 (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3225846&postcount=5365)

the_importer_
Jan 13, 2015, 11:25 PM
AIDA did mention that you would need to rename the backup folders since they were changed. If you still have the old names, it means that the backups most likely weren't restored automatically like they should have been.

Source: PSO2 Tweaker post #5365 (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3225846&postcount=5365)

Crap, I hope I won't have to do this with every game update.

Anduril
Jan 14, 2015, 12:04 AM
Crap, I hope I won't have to do this with every game update.
It will probably be fixed the next time you apply the patches. Though, you should probably check the folder to make sure the old backups aren't still there taking up space.

Schwarzesonne
Jan 14, 2015, 01:55 AM

I was going to ask the same thing as it was announced at Bumped that the patch would be only a 300+ MB download. It also showed 2.9 Gigs for me initially. But the rename fixed. Thank you for this info. :-)

Walkure
Jan 14, 2015, 01:58 AM
Is there a location on the pso2.jp site where I can find the current rotations for PSO2es scratches? I assume there's some kind of rotation or boosted rate rotation, as opposed to all items being distributed at a near-constant rate.

Sizustar
Jan 14, 2015, 02:16 AM
Is there a location on the pso2.jp site where I can find the current rotations for PSO2es scratches? I assume there's some kind of rotation or boosted rate rotation, as opposed to all items being distributed at a near-constant rate.

www.pso2.jp/es/

Walkure
Jan 14, 2015, 02:37 AM
So this (http://pso2.jp/es/players/catalog/lineup_medal/) would be the current medal scratch lineup, and from what it looks like on swiki the fun scratch on es is relatively static?

Sizustar
Jan 14, 2015, 05:05 AM
So this (http://pso2.jp/es/players/catalog/lineup_medal/) would be the current medal scratch lineup, and from what it looks like on swiki the fun scratch on es is relatively static?

Yes, Fun scratch hasn't had anything new added to it that I remember.