PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

Sizustar
Mar 31, 2015, 05:03 AM
yea we are both hardwired to the same router. I dont have connection issues with any other games tho, think my driver could just cause this game to be shotty?

It's possible, update display driver, install all window updates, update direct X, run a virus and malware/adware scan, and defragment your drive.

GHNeko
Mar 31, 2015, 07:10 AM
Anyone know what the hell "Attack Interval" is about for Rapid Shot?

Sp-24
Mar 31, 2015, 07:21 AM
It may have something to do with the interval between attacks. EDIT: specifically, that much delay is added to each shot while Rapid Shoot is active.

GHNeko
Mar 31, 2015, 07:53 AM
So no one has a clear cut answer right now?

I supposed I'll have to recheck swiki x_x

EDIT: Is magatsu phase 1 like luther, where you have to fight it 4 times to max your drop rates for phase 2?

Aquanos
Mar 31, 2015, 09:14 AM
so can a craft still come out all class if I use a Relax Equip. Conditions +10%?

Sayara
Mar 31, 2015, 09:21 AM
That just changes the requirement for using the weapon.
Like, if it originally wanted Dex 540 it can drop to like... 486

You can get all class/or multi-class at random with great successes (repeat the same craft level), or use a item that Adds class
Example クラス追加(ハンター)
Add Class (Hunter)

would give the weapon Hunter as an equippable class.

Scale of Judgment
Mar 31, 2015, 09:27 AM
So no one has a clear cut answer right now?
I supposed I'll have to recheck swiki x_x

EDIT: Is magatsu phase 1 like luther, where you have to fight it 4 times to max your drop rates for phase 2?

It's 4 runs max per account. It means that you can do 4 runs on 4 different characters or however you feel comfortable about it.

And attack interval just means you attack faster with the reduction in recoil of a normal bow.

GHNeko
Mar 31, 2015, 09:59 AM
Yeah I know about the 4 per ship thing.

Im asking if the drop rates for magatsu sai are variable depending on how many times you fight magatsu on a single character.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 31, 2015, 12:50 PM
It isn't.

GHNeko
Mar 31, 2015, 01:55 PM
Great thanks.

kgptzac
Mar 31, 2015, 01:56 PM
I'm on ship 2... is there a working EQ alert app? Last I tried a Chrome extension and I think the timing was off.

Anduril
Mar 31, 2015, 02:25 PM
I'm on ship 2... is there a working EQ alert app? Last I tried a Chrome extension and I think the timing was off.
This (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213896) works most of the time. Also, you can always just follow the EQ bot (https://twitter.com/pso2_emg_hour) and check every hour on the fourth or fifth minute.

Sizustar
Mar 31, 2015, 02:25 PM

PSO2es with Premium
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.PhantasyStarOnline2es

Eternal255
Mar 31, 2015, 03:37 PM
Whats up with the item translations on the tweaker? It's all "ghettoized" (for lack of better words)

nathanielzor
Mar 31, 2015, 03:45 PM
Whats up with the item translations on the tweaker? It's all "ghettoized" (for lack of better words)
"Due to an issue with the item patch, many items may not be translating correctly. It's recommended you immediately restart PSO2 to get the updated item patch. A simple restart of Tweaker/PSO2 will fix it. Also, please post a screenshot to confirm that the new item patch is working. Thanks!" - AIDA

Anduril
Mar 31, 2015, 03:56 PM
April Fool's Day has started already in various parts of the world.

Pirrip
Mar 31, 2015, 04:00 PM
I wanted to try the PSO2 tweaker, so I downloaded it and it looks like it maybe automatically goes through a proxy. Can I run the PSO2 Tweaker without the proxy?

EDIT: Not an april fool's joke. I live in Japan.

Korazenn
Mar 31, 2015, 04:07 PM

Do you have a problem with your Big-Ass Prithvi Ghetto Pyroxene?

kgptzac
Mar 31, 2015, 04:09 PM
The windows executable works fine it looks like. Thanks!

Korazenn
Mar 31, 2015, 04:11 PM
I wanted to try the PSO2 tweaker, so I downloaded it and it looks like it maybe automatically goes through a proxy. Can I run the PSO2 Tweaker without the proxy?

EDIT: Not an april fool's joke. I live in Japan.

PSO2 Tweaker > Orb Menu > Troubleshooting > Revert PSO2Proxy Settings to JP

Pirrip
Mar 31, 2015, 04:37 PM
It's not under troubleshooting, but I've found it. Even after that, the tweaker has made PSO2 just a black screen with a loading mouse icon. After about two minutes of black screen, I ended the process, restarted the computer and tried again. After the same issue, I've come to the conclusion that it might just not work for me.

I appreciate the quick response and support though. :3

PokeminMaster
Mar 31, 2015, 04:37 PM
Kinda curious, does Weak Stance Charge apply to Techniques and to Photon Arts belonging to non-Bows?

Kondibon
Mar 31, 2015, 04:39 PM
Kinda curious, does Weak Stance Charge apply to Techniques and to Photon Arts belonging to non-Bows?Yes.
http://i.imgur.com/AEDyXrG.png

Korazenn
Mar 31, 2015, 04:41 PM
It's not under troubleshooting, but I've found it. Even after that, the tweaker has made PSO2 just a black screen with a loading mouse icon. After about two minutes of black screen, I ended the process, restarted the computer and tried again. After the same issue, I've come to the conclusion that it might just not work for me.

I appreciate the quick response and support though. :3

Woops! Meant Other Tasks, not Troubleshooting, haha!

Pertaining to the black screen with loading mouse icon, it means the program is not responding. Something is wrong with your installation. Can you go into the folder where Tweaker is and copy your logfile for PSO2 Tweaker into a spoiler-box here or in a PM to me, please?

Pirrip
Mar 31, 2015, 05:06 PM
Oh man. I'm sorry, I wish I had seen this sooner. I already removed the tweaker, uninstalled PSO2, and am reinstalling it again now.

pkemr4
Mar 31, 2015, 06:30 PM
did they recently change how you can change your password? i noticed you can enter you name as a option, but when i put the right name it rejects it. After the Puu.sh Malware issue, im trying to change my password.

Anyone? i dont remember my Security Answer or Birth day i used

Vinnchente
Apr 1, 2015, 06:28 PM
According to this website, a DEX mag is stronger than a Pure S-atk MAG can someone explain to me why that is, and also does DEX really give dmg or atk because this site says dex gives about 190 Dex x 0.95 = 180.5 Average ATK without the braver/bouncer mag skill : https://worldsojourner.wordpress.com/2015/02/18/pso2-is-a-dex-mag-worth-it/

LonelyGaruga
Apr 1, 2015, 06:39 PM
That's just for crafted weapons. Also it's not stronger, because 190 > 180.5. You have to use a crafted weapon, which isn't useful for a lot of classes, and for those that are, they usually specialize in critical hits, which make DEX irrelevant.

The DEX math is also a little outdated, as far as I know. Basically? Go pure ATK unless you play Bo/R or Br/Bo (not that that's recommended to do so). Only exceptions are to equip stuff, which are really rare exceptions lately.

Kondibon
Apr 1, 2015, 06:45 PM
According to this website, a DEX mag is stronger than a Pure S-atk MAG can someone explain to me why that is, and also does DEX really give dmg or atk because this site says dex gives about 190 Dex x 0.95 = 180.5 Average ATK without the braver/bouncer mag skill : https://worldsojourner.wordpress.com/2015/02/18/pso2-is-a-dex-mag-worth-it/Dex decreases your minimum damage variance. As the guide says, dex is useless if you're using a 7* or higher weapon (which everyone should be at this point, excluding low levels), or if you're doing a critical strike based build. However, the guide is a bit outdated as high extend level weapons now have less base damage variance.

The "average atk" thing just means that your average damage is going to increase, not your maximum damage.

Did you even read the guide though...? It specifically says when a dex mag would be useful, not that it always is.

Selphea
Apr 1, 2015, 06:50 PM
According to this website, a DEX mag is stronger than a Pure S-atk MAG can someone explain to me why that is, and also does DEX really give dmg or atk because this site says dex gives about 190 Dex x 0.95 = 180.5 Average ATK without the braver/bouncer mag skill : https://worldsojourner.wordpress.com/2015/02/18/pso2-is-a-dex-mag-worth-it/

That's my site and yes on high Dex targets with a lower Dex set (e.g. RaBr with Crafted Fahren Bow + Fahren Set + Braver Mag), a Dex mag can do better, although it's in specific situations. General rule of thumb is non-crit X/Br or X/Bo build using high ATK weapons like Bows or Dual Blades, since X tends to not have Br or Bo weapons with good latents readily available. Incidentally, neither Bow Br nor DB Bo have very compelling main class skills.

By "Average ATK", suppose the following:

You use a crafted Fahren Bow and you have the vanilla 474 Dex + 60 Dex Fahren Set Bonus, no other Dex sources.
You're shooting a Lv80 high dex boss like Diaboi which has 484 Dex

Your Average ATK on the bow with an RATK Mag would be 589-1115, or 852 Average ATK
Your Average ATK on the bow with a Dex Mag would be 969-1115, or 1042 Average ATK.

That's a difference of 190, but adjusted to 95% of 190 = 180.5 due to base 5% crit chance.

Selphea
Apr 1, 2015, 06:53 PM
the guide is a bit outdated as high extend level weapons now have less base damage variance.

The DEX math is also a little outdated

I wrote it in February, waaaay after the high extend buff. I even have a spreadsheet in there to show that even with the extend buff, a Dex Mag might still not be able to reach the cap on high Dex bosses o_o; I demand proof! :O

LonelyGaruga
Apr 1, 2015, 07:05 PM
Oh, I guess you have it up to date then. JP wikis had some incorrect information previously posted. Didn't really notice that the data on the blog post basically ensured that it was up to date, given that you've probably seen that stuff and took it into account.

Never mind then.

K.O. Kazjivo
Apr 1, 2015, 08:11 PM
Questions: How many friends can you have? Blacklist too?

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2015, 08:17 PM
Questions: How many friends can you have? Blacklist too?

200 in PSO2, 50 in PSo2es

LeftyTwoGuns
Apr 1, 2015, 08:34 PM
I got everything installed with the Tweaker and played just fine a few days ago

But now when I open the Tweaker it asks me if I want to download an update and it has me downloading 2,515 files and its taking forever. I thought the update yesterday was only like 24mb. What is this making me install?

Vinnchente
Apr 1, 2015, 08:48 PM
I wrote it in February, waaaay after the high extend buff. I even have a spreadsheet in there to show that even with the extend buff, a Dex Mag might still not be able to reach the cap on high Dex bosses o_o; I demand proof! :O
Nevermind i re read what you wrote up there. Thanks
Another question. I have a fi/bo with a pure s-atk mag and i have 600 dex atm. would that be sufficient enough to account for variance or should i add more through affixes.Or what number would be a good number for normal variance? Exclude the crit i just wanna know a number to aim for without using crit field/ crit skill from fi tree. Thanks

trevorwhatever
Apr 1, 2015, 09:50 PM
Hello, I just came back to this game to play with some friends expect this time around Im having 2 fairly big issues, one is sound being extremely jagged and the second issue which is MUCH MUCH more game breakng for me, whenever I do quests in parties with other people I get lag that literally puts my 5 to 10 minutes behind my party, they will have already downed the boss and here I am not even at it yet. I dont understand what could be causing this second issue. Im playing with my brother most of the time and we have the exact same computer expect I have a newer hard drive and we are also using the same internet. anyone have any idea what I can do

can anyone help me?

trevorwhatever
Apr 1, 2015, 09:58 PM
Anyone know what the hell "Attack Interval" is about for Rapid Shot?

I checked for updates on all my drivers and everything was fine. I play any other game without any kinda of lag. Any other possible solutions.

would connecting to the game thru a VPN help?

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2015, 10:09 PM

But now when I open the Tweaker it asks me if I want to download an update and it has me downloading 2,515 files and its taking forever. I thought the update yesterday was only like 24mb. What is this making me install?

You didn't revert the English file to Japanese, did you?
In order to avoid this, revert any English patch, before installing update.

LeftyTwoGuns
Apr 1, 2015, 10:27 PM

Didn't know you had to do this

Is it too late now?

Selphea
Apr 1, 2015, 10:29 PM
Nevermind i re read what you wrote up there. Thanks
Another question. I have a fi/bo with a pure s-atk mag and i have 600 dex atm. would that be sufficient enough to account for variance or should i add more through affixes.Or what number would be a good number for normal variance? Exclude the crit i just wanna know a number to aim for without using crit field/ crit skill from fi tree. Thanks

The bigger question would be why you don't want to make a crit build in the first place, but 600 is high enough that a Dex Mag wouldn't be worth raising if you have an SATK Mag to begin with.

Vinnchente
Apr 1, 2015, 10:49 PM
The bigger question would be why you don't want to make a crit build in the first place, but 600 is high enough that a Dex Mag wouldn't be worth raising if you have an SATK Mag to begin with.

I was just wondering because in between the crit field cool down i would want to do decent dmg and wouldnt want my dmg to jump around too much. Thanks for answering my quesiton.

Viash
Apr 1, 2015, 10:54 PM
Anyone know what the voice in this video is? I clicked through the samples on the entire voice catalog on the official site but didn't find it.

youtu.be / IJciXRpXyiA

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 1, 2015, 11:01 PM
For zanverse, if multiple hits in rapid succession from one player hit a target, zanverse adds its bonus damage per hit together, and deals it at once after a period of time?

nathanielzor
Apr 1, 2015, 11:17 PM
For zanverse, if multiple hits in rapid succession from one player hit a target, zanverse adds its bonus damage per hit together, and deals it at once after a period of time?
Pretty sure it just deals the damage on a hit by hit basis. If theres a ton of hits in succession and stuff you won't see all the numbers though. From what I can recall I remember seeing consecutive hits by players when I use it. It doesn't explode after a set amount of time or anything like banishing arrow if thats what you're asking.

Perfect Chaos
Apr 1, 2015, 11:32 PM
No, Maninbluejumpsuit was correct in saying that, as it sort of does "explode" in a way, actually. There are actually "ticks" of sorts (for lack of a better word right now) for Zanverse, each 1 second long. It adds up all damage done within its field every second, and deals 20% (times any applicable multipliers) of all the damage in the last second, for each second that it's out. This helps the server take much less load in a large MPA, and also prevents ridiculously high Mirage proc rates.

nathanielzor
Apr 1, 2015, 11:46 PM
No, Maninbluejumpsuit was correct in saying that, as it sort of does "explode" in a way, actually. There are actually "ticks" of sorts (for lack of a better word right now) for Zanverse, each 1 second long. It adds up all damage done within its field every second, and deals 20% (times any applicable multipliers) of all the damage in the last second, for each second that it's out. This helps the server take much less load in a large MPA, and also prevents ridiculously high Mirage proc rates.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

UniKoRn
Apr 2, 2015, 06:23 AM
I have a few items from the recent PSO2 Sega Kuji Lottery. (Clearfiles, Coaster, phoneplug)
I've heard that they come with a code for use in the game, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the code is or how to claim it. Anyone done this before?

Korazenn
Apr 2, 2015, 11:04 AM

Where is the location of PSO2 Tweaker on your end, if I may ask? It should be in its own specific folder.

Also,

To be clear, what Sizustar said here 'isn't' something users should have to do before installing an update, but it is worth a shot in your case, LeftyTwoGuns.

I'll inform AIDA about this; I'm sure she's already working towards a fix.

Hello, I just came back to this game to play with some friends expect this time around Im having 2 fairly big issues, one is sound being extremely jagged

This could be for a variety of reasons, however, including your own speakers, but the usual cases are lag on you end and/or something wrong with the connection of your speakers in the back (or speakers themselves). I'll assume the sound coming from your speakers are normal elsewhere?

Use this (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sound-cards-faq#1TC=windows-7) to look into your sound card as it may be that that's causing your sound issue.

and the second issue which is MUCH MUCH more game breakng for me, whenever I do quests in parties with other people I get lag that literally puts my 5 to 10 minutes behind my party, they will have already downed the boss and here I am not even at it yet. I dont understand what could be causing this second issue. Im playing with my brother most of the time and we have the exact same computer expect I have a newer hard drive and we are also using the same internet. anyone have any idea what I can do

can anyone help me?

Having a new hard drive has nothing to do with your CPU / GPU performance unless your HDD is full. Your HDD is used for memory storage and most new computers come with at least 1TB of space on an HDD. Are you using a proxy? Try playing the game without one, if that's the case.

If on Windows 7, go to Start > Right-Click Computer > Properties. Under System, please let me know what your Processor, Installed Memory (RAM), and System Type are. These are the minimum required specs to play Phantasy Star Online 2:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or higher (AMD Athlon X2 5000+ or higher)
RAM: Windows XP: 1.5GB or more, Vista/7 2 GB or more
OS: Windows XP 32bit Edition, Windows Vista/7 32bit or 64bit
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT or higher (ATI X1800/1900 or higher)
Sound Card: Yes
Free Disk Space: 30+ GB

After doing that, go into PSO2 Tweaker > Orb Menu > Analyze Install for Issues.

If you receive an error in PSO2 Tweaker, navigate to that folder and copy the text from the logfile.txt file into a pastebin for us to check into please. ^^

I checked for updates on all my drivers and everything was fine. I play any other game without any kinda of lag. Any other possible solutions.

would connecting to the game thru a VPN help?

Using a VPN can be risky because it would seem that SEGA has been banning accounts for using one at times, but you can try it out if you feel inclined. Just don't say we didn't warn you. ^^;

Now, the issue seems like something with your install, so perform the method I mentioned above to check for issues.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 2, 2015, 01:32 PM
Hey guys in the casino prize shop there a rare ticket called "ギンナガムトリガー" and it's for the shinora area. Is this the ticket for one of the big fat floating creatures with a fan?

I have looked at the JP wiki to get the exact names for these two rare creatures, but non of them match it. Can someone help me out?

I would like to clear those rare monster co's since I have been having them on my char for like ever now.

Ah nevermind I think it's for the actual boss >.<

shots28
Apr 2, 2015, 01:58 PM
which monsters drop units with bayari, siorg, and diablo souls?

Shadowth117
Apr 2, 2015, 02:09 PM
which monsters drop units with bayari, siorg, and diablo souls?

Ultimate enemies of said names. Soul names are pretty good indicators of what they come from.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 2, 2015, 02:58 PM
Souls that increase the affix rate of stat effects, do they boost a specific level of the stat effect affix? To how much % before extra slot penalties?

Zorua
Apr 2, 2015, 03:37 PM
I'm planning on making new units for my ranger and I was wonder if I should go Tian or Saiki.

Skyly
Apr 2, 2015, 04:40 PM
I'm planning on making new units for my ranger and I was wonder if I should go Tian or Saiki.

I've heard Tian

But then again i wasn't sure if that was based on the fact that Saiki units are harder to obtain, or the fact they give a 25pp set bonus.

Achelousaurus
Apr 2, 2015, 06:23 PM
What's a good ping? I got 316 apparently.

TheszNuts
Apr 2, 2015, 06:29 PM
What's a good ping? I got 316 apparently.

Is that your ping overall or to the game?

Sandmind
Apr 2, 2015, 06:38 PM
Souls that increase the affix rate of stat effects, do they boost a specific level of the stat effect affix? To how much % before extra slot penalties?

Most soul pretty much give a 20% affix booster pre extra slot nerf. For Stat affix, it's lv3 transfer. And lv3 and lv4 fusion IIRC (too lazy to double check if true, been a while). Ult soul boost stigma, and anga vinculum, by 20% also iirc.

9* Tian give 90 Ratk + 10 pp as set bonus, base unit are crap, so ideal crafting target. 10* Tian base unit are somewhat ok, but are all about hp.

Saiki require farming, faster with organized triggers MPA. Much more tankier in base form, but the PP crafted version is best PP pre affix'ing.

Skyly
Apr 2, 2015, 07:34 PM
I just google searched Yen to USD and it came back as 1300 YEN (premium) only cost $10.85 USD. So before taxes and google taking their small percentage does premium cost $ 10.85?Will this reflect my bank account/debit/credit cards?

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=1300+yen+to+usd

Anduril
Apr 2, 2015, 07:48 PM
I just google searched Yen to USD and it came back as 1300 YEN (premium) only cost $10.85 USD. So before taxes and google taking their small percentage does premium cost $ 10.85?Will this reflect my bank account/debit/credit cards?

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=1300+yen+to+usd
If you are buying from PSO2es, you'll be paying ~10.86USD plus whatever taxes will the added to your total; this is the total that will be reflected on your account. I pay 9% tax for the purchase through PSO2es, so on my last charge of 5000AC I paid 5450JPY which showed up on my bank statement as 45.46USD.

EDIT: Forgot you can purchase AC in intervals of 100AC. Fixed.

JYuzuriha
Apr 2, 2015, 08:01 PM
Hi again everyone!
I just received my copy of the new vita version of PSO2 in the mail.
on my last cartridge card thingy there was only one code so I really didn't have any doubts but in the never one there are 3.
Could anyone please help me understand what the difference between them is and how I'm supposed to use them?

http://i.imgur.com/ZBmIlza.jpg

Scale of Judgment
Apr 2, 2015, 08:15 PM
Hi again everyone!
I just received my copy of the new vita version of PSO2 in the mail.
on my last cartridge card thingy there was only one code so I really didn't have any doubts but in the never one there are 3.
Could anyone please help me understand what the difference between them is and how I'm supposed to use them?

http://i.imgur.com/ZBmIlza.jpg

First two are the item codes for pso2 game itself. The last one is for the item code for the Nagisa chip in pso2es.

Top code is for the regular package
Middle code is for those 30,000 first buyers to get extra stuff.

TheszNuts
Apr 2, 2015, 08:28 PM
First two are the item codes for pso2 game itself. The last one is for the item code for the Nagisa chip in pso2es.

Top code is for the regular package
Middle code is for those 30,000 first buyers to get extra stuff.

IIRC they said the 30k limit has been reached so that bonus code may not work anymore.

JYuzuriha
Apr 2, 2015, 08:49 PM
Thank you so much for helping me!
it turned out I didn't get it in time for the bonus items ^ ^;;
but I did get some other neat things

trevorwhatever
Apr 2, 2015, 09:40 PM
So I have done everything I can think of and Im still getting this lag in quests where its like Im literally stuck 10 minutes int he past. Has anyone else had this problem and know of a fix for it?

TheszNuts
Apr 2, 2015, 09:42 PM
Do you have things downloading in the back?

trevorwhatever
Apr 2, 2015, 09:49 PM
Do you have things downloading in the back?

nope, literally the only thing I have running is the game.

emeraude
Apr 2, 2015, 09:49 PM
So I have done everything I can think of and Im still getting this lag in quests where its like Im literally stuck 10 minutes int he past. Has anyone else had this problem and know of a fix for it?
You have constant ping?

trevorwhatever
Apr 2, 2015, 09:52 PM
You have constant ping?

how do I check my ping in game? also my brother is literally playing the game with me on the same internet and he has absolutely no lag at all

emeraude
Apr 2, 2015, 09:57 PM
how do I check my ping in game? also my brother is literally playing the game with me on the same internet and he has absolutely no lag at all
Ah, if your brother can play properly it's not a routing issue. PSO2 isn't blocked by your firewall?

trevorwhatever
Apr 2, 2015, 09:59 PM
Ah, if your brother can play properly it's not a routing issue. PSO2 isn't blocked by your firewall?

if it were blocked wouldnt that mean I wouldnt be able to play at all? Ill double check tho

trevorwhatever
Apr 2, 2015, 10:21 PM
if it were blocked wouldnt that mean I wouldnt be able to play at all? Ill double check tho

ny chance i need to reinstall my tcp ip protocol?

Korazenn
Apr 2, 2015, 10:23 PM
ny chance i need to reinstall my tcp ip protocol?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3247826&postcount=16836

^ Please read through my earlier response to you and let me know if that helps. Thanks~

trevorwhatever
Apr 2, 2015, 10:52 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3247826&postcount=16836

^ Please read through my earlier response to you and let me know if that helps. Thanks~

ok thanks Ill do this now, also something that jsut started happening the last couple does, I randomly hear what sounds like a dialing sound. No idea what that is

Korazenn
Apr 2, 2015, 10:57 PM
ok thanks Ill do this now

Don't forget to send me a pastebin of your logfile.txt as I mentioned in there as well since I'd like to see if there is anything that could point me to the problem you're facing a bit easier.

also something that jsut started happening the last couple does, I randomly hear what sounds like a dialing sound. No idea what that is

https://youtu.be/gsNaR6FRuO0 ;) :D

trevorwhatever
Apr 2, 2015, 10:59 PM
Don't forget to send me a pastebin of your logfile.txt as I mentioned in there as well since I'd like to see if there is anything that could point me to the problem you're facing a bit easier.

https://youtu.be/gsNaR6FRuO0 ;) :D

lol yea thats pretty much what it sounds like but its only like 4 dials, and well Im def not on dial up xD

also Im already pretty sure my video card is below the recommended specs, but my brother has the same laptop as I do and he runs it fine.

trevorwhatever
Apr 2, 2015, 11:02 PM
Where is the location of PSO2 Tweaker on your end, if I may ask? It should be in its own specific folder.

Also,

To be clear, what Sizustar said here 'isn't' something users should have to do before installing an update, but it is worth a shot in your case, LeftyTwoGuns.

I'll inform AIDA about this; I'm sure she's already working towards a fix.

This could be for a variety of reasons, however, including your own speakers, but the usual cases are lag on you end and/or something wrong with the connection of your speakers in the back (or speakers themselves). I'll assume the sound coming from your speakers are normal elsewhere?

Use this (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sound-cards-faq#1TC=windows-7) to look into your sound card as it may be that that's causing your sound issue.

Having a new hard drive has nothing to do with your CPU / GPU performance unless your HDD is full. Your HDD is used for memory storage and most new computers come with at least 1TB of space on an HDD. Are you using a proxy? Try playing the game without one, if that's the case.

If on Windows 7, go to Start > Right-Click Computer > Properties. Under System, please let me know what your Processor, Installed Memory (RAM), and System Type are. These are the minimum required specs to play Phantasy Star Online 2:

After doing that, go into PSO2 Tweaker > Orb Menu > Analyze Install for Issues.

If you receive an error in PSO2 Tweaker, navigate to that folder and copy the text from the logfile.txt file into a pastebin for us to check into please. ^^

Using a VPN can be risky because it would seem that SEGA has been banning accounts for using one at times, but you can try it out if you feel inclined. Just don't say we didn't warn you. ^^;

Now, the issue seems like something with your install, so perform the method I mentioned above to check for issues.

heres a link to my system specs http://gyazo.com/df1e8ad3f59e81c242ffb2001f4f1486

Korazenn
Apr 2, 2015, 11:12 PM
also Im already pretty sure my video card is below the recommended specs, but my brother has the same laptop as I do and he runs it fine.

Well, even if your brother can access the game, computers can be finnicky at times, and with you already running the game below recommended specs, that doesn't really help your situation unfortunately. :c

If your OS is Windows 7 (edit: just saw your post above and see that it is), try turning off Aero and go to Windows 7 Basic.

To do this, go to Start > Control Panel. In the Search Box, type "personalization" and click on "Personalize your computer" it when it appears in the top of the Window. Under Basic and High Contrast Themes, click Windows 7 Basic or one of the High Contrast themes. Then, try to boot up the game and play it again to check for any issues while you play.

Hope that helps~ ^^

trevorwhatever
Apr 2, 2015, 11:16 PM
Well, even if your brother can access the game, computers can be finnicky at times, and with you already running the game below recommended specs, that doesn't really help your situation unfortunately. :c

If your OS is Windows 7 (edit: just saw your post above and see that it is), try turning off Aero and go to Windows 7 Basic.

To do this, go to Start > Control Panel. In the Search Box, type "personalization" and click on it when it appears in the Window. Under Basic and High Contrast Themes, click Windows 7 Basic or one of the High Contrast themes. Then, try to boot up the game and play it again to check for any issues while you play.

Hope that helps~ ^^
ok Ill do this next also I did the analyze but it didnt find any errors. I also ran a missing files check and was apparently missing 61 files, so hopefully this fixes the issue. thanks for the help so far

Korazenn
Apr 2, 2015, 11:17 PM
ok Ill do this next also I did the analyze but it didnt find any errors. I also ran a missing files check and was apparently missing 61 files, so hopefully this fixes the issue. thanks for the help so far

No problem! Let me know how it goes after playing the game in Windows 7 Basic~

knight1301
Apr 2, 2015, 11:44 PM
Did Sega update the day and night cycle ingame? As I remember back to late 2014 when I'm watching a Quna concert at 6pm, the background is night too, but now seem like day all the time.

[spoiler-box]http://farm9.staticflickr.com//8749//16808715927_2120b8ab30_h.jpg[/spoiler-box]

trevorwhatever
Apr 3, 2015, 12:18 AM

btw I did the ping test thing and got this

Pinging gs016.pso2gs.net [210.189.208.16] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 210.189.208.16:
Packets: Sent = 5, Received = 0, Lost = 5 (100% loss),

Anduril
Apr 3, 2015, 12:27 AM
Did Sega update the day and night cycle ingame? As I remember back to late 2014 when I'm watching a Quna concert at 6pm, the background is night too, but now seem like day all the time.

[spoiler-box]http://farm9.staticflickr.com//8749//16808715927_2120b8ab30_h.jpg[/spoiler-box]
The default ARKS lobby is always daytime, however, for the Quna concerts the background turns to night, just like you get the red lighting for EQs.

.Jack
Apr 3, 2015, 12:38 AM
Is there a drop difference or a special drop in the 2nd phase of magatsu having completing 2/3 compared to 3/3? I've defeated it in both of those and didn't notice a difference both using a 250% booster.

trevorwhatever
Apr 3, 2015, 12:38 AM

def seems to be running better now, still get a little lag here and there but Im sure thats just normal.
I havent gotten to test an EQ where the whole 5 minutes in the past stuff usually happens.

Zorua
Apr 3, 2015, 01:08 AM
Can anyone give me some tips for increasing slots on my weapon? I'm trying to go from 5 to 6 slots, but even with a bunch of crap abilities, I can only get 85% across the board.

knight1301
Apr 3, 2015, 01:13 AM
Can anyone give me some tips for increasing slots on my weapon? I'm trying to go from 5 to 6 slots, but even with a bunch of crap abilities, I can only get 85% across the board.

That's the penalty http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/enhance_3.php#nav
You'll get 95% in boost week, but unfortunate it over.

milranduil
Apr 3, 2015, 01:13 AM

Enjoy the RNG. You can't get better than 85% without an affix boost period or 2 more of the same weapon being used to expand as fodder.

Zorua
Apr 3, 2015, 01:17 AM
Enjoy the RNG. You can't get better than 85% without an affix boost period or 2 more of the same weapon being used to expand as fodder.

Darn, I was hoping I was just doing something wrong. Guess it's time to test my nonexistent luck.

Korazenn
Apr 3, 2015, 01:35 AM
def seems to be running better now, still get a little lag here and there but Im sure thats just normal.
I havent gotten to test an EQ where the whole 5 minutes in the past stuff usually happens.

Nice! When you get to test out the EQ, that would be great to know if you still experience the lag. :)

emeraude
Apr 3, 2015, 02:09 AM
Is there a drop difference or a special drop in the 2nd phase of magatsu having completing 2/3 compared to 3/3? I've defeated it in both of those and didn't notice a difference both using a 250% booster.
Probably higher chance for the 12* weaps and the 11* rear to drop. I've seen people get the 12* with 2/3 though so rng :wacko:

D3MON
Apr 3, 2015, 02:17 AM
Is force or techer the better end game class?

Pirrip
Apr 3, 2015, 02:32 AM

Techer has the better mob-killing capabilities. On the other hand, the only ultimate difficulty quest features monsters that are weak to ice, and the Force class has ice on it's skill tree.

Sizustar
Apr 3, 2015, 02:41 AM

Different play style and different expertise.

What do you mean end game?
Ultimate, EQ, etc?
Solo, Party, etc?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 3, 2015, 02:50 AM

Comparing apples and oranges. Those two classes are meant to do different things.

EspeonageTieler
Apr 3, 2015, 03:51 AM
anyone know if support partners actully talk i got a voice file but then i remembered i dont think ive ever actully heard mine say anything

(other than the text that pops up of course)

D3MON
Apr 3, 2015, 04:00 AM
Techer has the better mob-killing capabilities. On the other hand, the only ultimate difficulty quest features monsters that are weak to ice, and the Force class has ice on it's skill tree.

What is more in demand?

Assuming both are viable in end game.

Excuse for my blatant comparison but I'm coming back from a very long break.

Sizustar
Apr 3, 2015, 04:20 AM
What is more in demand?

Assuming both are viable in end game.

Excuse for my blatant comparison but I'm coming back from a very long break.

Depends on the stage/mission that you do.

Megatsu Phase 1, Techer with a strong Zanverse is probabely more useful then a Fo.
But for Mining base defense, Fo with it's long range might be more useful for Mining 2 and 3, while 1, Techer's mobing skill might prove more useful.

D3MON
Apr 3, 2015, 04:51 AM
Depends on the stage/mission that you do.

Megatsu Phase 1, Techer with a strong Zanverse is probabely more useful then a Fo.
But for Mining base defense, Fo with it's long range might be more useful for Mining 2 and 3, while 1, Techer's mobing skill might prove more useful.

thank you for the help, i decided to continue leveling as techer.

Rakurai
Apr 3, 2015, 05:45 AM
Techer makes bosses get wrecked a lot faster, but in terms of actual damage output, FO is better.

There's also the fact that having multiple FOs around isn't an issue, whereas having more then one Techer is redundant due to their Zanverse and buffs not stacking.

Selphea
Apr 3, 2015, 05:52 AM
They'll both need to be 75/75 and you should have a bunch of skill resets in your bank anyway.

Techer is less gear/crafting-dependent though. It's alright to go something like Techer/Fighter then transition to Force/Techer later on. You have the skill points to invest in Wand melee and Techer main skills without major loss to Tech damage by doing Fo/Te with the same Techer tree. And when you're ready to optimize, just use your reset pass.

As Te/Fi, just have rainbow wands and you're more or less good. But don't do Techer/Force, read the Techer Guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226714) for how to build one.

Azure Falcon
Apr 3, 2015, 08:33 AM
What are the recommended trigger actions to be putting on a mag? I'm just working on rebuilding mine as pure T-ATK and I still have the actions so sort out (apart from PP Restore J and Revival A). Also how well do the mag stat boost actions actually buff you, will it take into account Deband Toughness if I have that skill for example?

wefwq
Apr 3, 2015, 09:39 AM
What are the recommended trigger actions to be putting on a mag? I'm just working on rebuilding mine as pure T-ATK and I still have the actions so sort out (apart from PP Restore J and Revival A). Also how well do the mag stat boost actions actually buff you, will it take into account Deband Toughness if I have that skill for example?
Stat buff on mag was barelly relevant at all due to it's extremly short duration, and they can't cast deband toughness iirc.

Apr 3, 2015, 10:22 AM
Is there an up-to-date version of the character creation demo they had years ago?

Eternal255
Apr 3, 2015, 10:32 AM
In challenge mode, is there a limit to how much skills and stuff I can use? Or should I basically just use everything I can?

wefwq
Apr 3, 2015, 10:42 AM
Is there an up-to-date version of the character creation demo they had years ago?
2nd CC (the one that has lillipa as it's icon) are latest, they didn't make any other benchmark anymore for some reason.

In challenge mode, is there a limit to how much skills and stuff I can use? Or should I basically just use everything I can?
You can use everything you get, but it is considered as a waste--reminder to only use what you will use.

Eternal255
Apr 3, 2015, 10:43 AM
You can use everything you get, but it is considered as a waste--reminder to only use what you will use.

You don't keep anything between missions correct? So basically whatever you dont use is put towards trading for better items that you will use?

wefwq
Apr 3, 2015, 10:45 AM
You don't keep anything between missions correct? So basically whatever you dont use is put towards trading for better items that you will use?
You keep everything until the end of the quest, if you retry the quest, bail out/returning to lobby, everything you get from challenge quest will automatically gone for good (except it's CM payment).

You can use stuff you don't need for trading on interval area, or you can just drop it so the others can pick it up and use it if they need/want it.

Apr 3, 2015, 10:45 AM
Ah, thanks.

~How long or how many runs does it take to reach the amount of Challenge Miles required to buy one of those shiny 13* weaps?

wefwq
Apr 3, 2015, 10:49 AM
Ah, thanks.

~How long or how many runs does it take to reach the amount of Challenge Miles required to buy one of those shiny 13* weaps?
It's varied on how your MPA fare against the challenge.
You can get like 15K+ per run if you reach and clear mission 10.
But being worst, you get paid sub 1k because entire group suck so much.

So it'll be around 20 hours to 1,5 week assuming that you running challenge quest regulary.

K.O. Kazjivo
Apr 3, 2015, 10:49 AM
Depends how you play and how your party is. Good party can get 10-13k in 90 minutes. Normal randoms party gets 0.5-5k in the same time. If you go with randoms on average, and get 1.5k in an hour (mission 5), it would take 120 hours to get one weapon. If you play two a day for two hours, that is two months you're looking at.

Good party is 2-3 days with no life powers.

milranduil
Apr 3, 2015, 10:51 AM
It's varied on how your MPA fare against the challenge.
You can get like 15K+ per run if you reach and clear mission 10.
But being worst, you get paid sub 1k because entire group suck so much.

Full clear is 13.2-13.5k depending how good the group was.

wefwq
Apr 3, 2015, 10:56 AM
Full clear is 13.2-13.5k depending how good the group was.
It goes beyond that, actually.
You can see monument thing for weekly challenge rank and see how much CM people can get.

I just get 12k CM before killing dragons on mission 10, so that i assume clearing mission 10 will grants even more CM.

milranduil
Apr 3, 2015, 10:59 AM
It goes beyond that, actually.
You can see monument thing for weekly challenge rank and see how much CM people can get.

I just get 12k CM before killing dragons on mission 10, so that i assume clearing mission 10 will grants even more CM.

I've done like 20+ full runs... I think I know. Monument caps out at 13.5k.

Apr 3, 2015, 11:13 AM
Thats cool. I don't think I'm going to be finding any regular parties since I don't want anyone to know I can speak english lol that and because of my time at Warframe, I wouldn't want to commit to staying on a team so I'd feel like I was using them. If there is a team out there for people like that I might think about it though.

Also I'm on ship 3

Eternal255
Apr 3, 2015, 11:28 AM
Is it possible to form a team with members here? Are the shared ships shared globally or do Ships X & Y share a ship, etc?

wefwq
Apr 3, 2015, 11:30 AM
I've done like 20+ full runs... I think I know. Monument caps out at 13.5k.
That one message pack said that clearing mission 10 give 5000CM, but i dunno if it's capped since i never 100% mission 10.

Thats cool. I don't think I'm going to be finding any regular parties since I don't want anyone to know I can speak english lol that and because of my time at Warframe, I wouldn't want to commit to staying on a team so I'd feel like I was using them. If there is a team out there for people like that I might think about it though.

Also I'm on ship 3
On shared ship, you can play with the other that came from another ship/

BIG OLAF
Apr 3, 2015, 11:34 AM
So, what is there to really do anymore? Challenge Mode looks like shit to me (not like I have anyone to play with anyway), and no one runs Ultimate anymore. So, what's up? I'm kinda starting to get pissed that there's just nothing to do anymore.

wefwq
Apr 3, 2015, 11:36 AM
So, what is there to really do anymore? Challenge Mode looks like shit to me (not like I have anyone to play with anyway), and no one runs Ultimate anymore. So, what's up?
I'm running challenge mode by myself almost all the time ._.

Dressup online.

It's EQ or no go if you don't like current no-life content, or you can wait for the next easter event (it's same shit also).
And for reminder that ultimate lillipa are soon to be added, if you care about it.

Ark01000
Apr 3, 2015, 12:05 PM
hey anyone on psvita know how o get symbol art because i dot have any and it shows the optin to use them can someone help me and thx in advance :)

LonelyGaruga
Apr 3, 2015, 01:23 PM

Force is. Force is one of the most versatile classes in the game, with multiple boss killing options and excellent mobbing abilities for every element. Its range, damage output, and variety of options basically guarantee that you'll always be able to perform extremely well in any quest, provided you have the skill trees and equipment to suit the elements you're using.

Techer, on the other hand, is basically a melee class that can use techs, surprisingly well but not even close to a Force most of the time. Te/Br, in some cases, is even stronger than Fo/Te or even Fo/Br, but only for its elements. Overall, fire is the most versatile tech element, and Force does fire best, so yeah. As a tech user, Techer mainly uses techs just for bosses. For mobbing, it's basically an instant death radius everywhere around Zondeel range (unless the mobs can't be Zondeel'd), but not much further than that. Force, on the other hand, can devastate enemies regardless of their position on the map, something Techer's just not as good at. Techer does have extremely useful buffs like a max powered Zanverse or Shifta Strike, but you only need one Techer player to get that stuff done, while you can practically never have too many Force players in an MPA.

All that being said, Techer's a pretty solid class, just not as good as Force.

wahahaha
Apr 3, 2015, 01:26 PM
So, what is there to really do anymore? Challenge Mode looks like shit to me (not like I have anyone to play with anyway), and no one runs Ultimate anymore. So, what's up? I'm kinda starting to get pissed that there's just nothing to do anymore.

Quit the game

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 3, 2015, 01:39 PM

Wait for scratch.

Wait for ult lilipa.

Back to the status quo.

CM gave me something to shoot for lasting all of 3 weeks at least.

Vinnchente
Apr 3, 2015, 08:13 PM
Can someone explain to me what do i need to do at this part. I'm using PSO2es for the first time. http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z255/K0OLvincent/Untitled_2.png

Bellion
Apr 3, 2015, 08:23 PM
Are you sure you haven't tried logging into es on another device before? Looks to be that you need a password from a previous device to move character data.

Vinnchente
Apr 3, 2015, 08:26 PM
Yeah this is actually my second time logging into pso2es but with a new android device. Do you know where I can find said password or code?

Anduril
Apr 3, 2015, 08:29 PM
Yeah this is actually my second time logging into pso2es but with a new android device. Do you know where I can find said password or code?
The untranslated button in the bottom right corner will sent a code to your e-mail.

Bellion
Apr 3, 2015, 08:30 PM
Yeah, log in on your previous device with one of your characters.
At the left side:Menu->option below data download.

If you don't have your previous device at all, pressing the bottom right option in your screenshot should send something to your e-mail.

Vinnchente
Apr 3, 2015, 08:34 PM
Just got the code, thanks for the help!

.Jack
Apr 3, 2015, 09:55 PM
Which one of these is the one that regens PP?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/7HMQE4d.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2015, 10:02 PM
I have a question of my own for once. Does the damage bonus from mech gun gear (or any damage increasing gear for that matter) change mid attack? For instance, if I'm in the middle of a PA and it brings my gear up to the next level will the rest of the PA get increased damage? If I get hit mid PA will the damage decrease? Or does it only apply at the start of the PA?

Which one of these is the one that regens PP?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/7HMQE4d.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

ケートスP

final_attack
Apr 3, 2015, 10:35 PM
I have a question of my own for once. Does the damage bonus from mech gun gear (or any damage increasing gear for that matter) change mid attack? For instance, if I'm in the middle of a PA and it brings my gear up to the next level will the rest of the PA get increased damage? If I get hit mid PA will the damage decrease? Or does it only apply at the start of the PA?

As far as I can remember, PA damage will increase mid-PA for Tmg. I'll check it again later after Magatsu (currently using my Alt for WB slave for Magatsu, I'm sorry (no tmg gear for my alt's Gu, since it's TeGu Zanverse slave using Talis) ^^; )

LonelyGaruga
Apr 3, 2015, 10:50 PM

Damage is calculated on the moment of impact and not when the attack was executed, in your example you would get a damage increase in the middle of a PA, or lose damage if you get hit.

Kondibon
Apr 3, 2015, 10:53 PM
As far as I can remember, PA damage will increase mid-PA for Tmg. I'll check it again later after Magatsu (currently using my Alt for WB slave for Magatsu, I'm sorry (no tmg gear for my alt's Gu, since it's TeGu Zanverse slave using Talis) ^^; )

Damage is calculated on the moment of impact and not when the attack was executed, in your example you would get a damage increase in the middle of a PA, or lose damage if you get hit.
Thanks.
http://i.imgur.com/JhPeRRfm.png

trevorwhatever
Apr 3, 2015, 11:30 PM

well it seems EQ are still really laggy for me, started off great, the thing about this lag is that my game still runs really smooth im just stuck in the past, today when I did the EQ I got dc'd after almost being done with it

AutumnChronicle
Apr 4, 2015, 12:03 AM
If I'm hunting for EQ 12*s, is it better to run SH or XH? Does the difficulty make a significant difference in the drop rates, since they have a chance of appearing in SH?

Anduril
Apr 4, 2015, 12:07 AM
If I'm hunting for EQ 12*s, is it better to run SH or XH? Does the difficulty make a significant difference in the drop rates, since they have a chance of appearing in SH?
I'm assuming you are talking Elder, Loser and Magatsu 12*s, which have a limit on the number of times you can run them, in which case XH has a higher drop rate for them.

BIG OLAF
Apr 4, 2015, 12:20 AM
I'm running challenge mode by myself almost all the time ._.

Dressup online.

It's EQ or no go if you don't like current no-life content, or you can wait for the next easter event (it's same shit also).
And for reminder that ultimate lillipa are soon to be added, if you care about it.

Well, I'd want to play Challenge with friends to actually have fun with it, since things like that aren't usually fun to me anyway. It would add some spice, but first I would need to make some of these "friends" again, which ain't easy for me.

But, anyway, you're basically telling me the game is [more] shit right now and I'll just have to wait it out if I want to actually enjoy a level of rewarding group play again? Gotcha, and that's fine, thank you.

Eternal255
Apr 4, 2015, 01:31 AM
This guide http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227403

says to not pick up time capsules in CM. Is there a reason to do this in PUGs? If picking one up would be profitable (enough of hte time has passed) should this be ignored?

wefwq
Apr 4, 2015, 01:33 AM
Well, I'd want to play Challenge with friends to actually have fun with it, since things like that aren't usually fun to me anyway. It would add some spice, but first I would need to make some of these "friends" again, which ain't easy for me.

But, anyway, you're basically telling me the game is [more] shit right now and I'll just have to wait it out if I want to actually enjoy a level of rewarding group play again? Gotcha, and that's fine, thank you.
The game itself are always poor in terms of content variation, on current state you can just said that this game just offer shit with different shape every now and then.

says to not pick up time capsules in CM. Is there a reason to do this in PUGs? If picking one up would be profitable (enough of hte time has passed) should this be ignored?
Usually on MPA there's one designated VR picker, if there's aint any you can just ignore the rules but just make sure that you don't waste VR charge by picking it too soon.
If you still don't understand after reading what i said, simply just don't pick it at all and let the other do it for you instead.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 4, 2015, 01:38 AM

If the MPA has a VR manager, no one else should pick up unless told to.

You could end up picking something as they do, and waste potential VR.

You could end up grabbing a VR cap that would cause them to stay behind the group waiting for guage decay to grab VR longer than they should have by messing with their 'pick up plan'.

And so on.

Just don't do it unless you're the manager/told/literally seconds away from gauge going empty.

Psycl0ne
Apr 4, 2015, 06:29 AM
I have fallen behind on this game, can anyone tell me what is the item or items needed to boost my weapons element to 50 or 60 (not sure what the peak is for a 12*) it sits at light 35 right now.

wefwq
Apr 4, 2015, 06:40 AM
I have fallen behind on this game, can anyone tell me what is the item or items needed to boost my weapons element to 50 or 60 (not sure what the peak is for a 12*) it sits at light 35 right now.
*12 has 50 element value max.
You have to get the exact same weapon as you have and combine it on item lab, or you can use different weapon with exact same rarity level but it'll only add 1.

Psycl0ne
Apr 4, 2015, 07:03 AM
*12 has 50 element value max.
You have to get the exact same weapon as you have and combine it on item lab, or you can use different weapon with exact same rarity level but it'll only add 1.

Damn, I was hoping for a new way to go about it but thanks anyway! I probably won't reach 50 at this rate :cry:

wefwq
Apr 4, 2015, 07:53 AM
Damn, I was hoping for a new way to go about it but thanks anyway! I probably won't reach 50 at this rate :cry:
To add:
You can use different weapon for attribute grind, but that weapon must be the same type as 1st weapon (eg: sword>sword, partisan>partisan)

Nobara34
Apr 4, 2015, 08:02 AM
Can we use an attribute enhance +5% with a weapon sharing the same rarity, but which is not the same exact weapon ? (i.e, Zyrenheit and 12* JB from Magatsu)

nathanielzor
Apr 4, 2015, 09:14 AM
Can we use an attribute enhance +5% with a weapon sharing the same rarity, but which is not the same exact weapon ? (i.e, Zyrenheit and 12* JB from Magatsu)
Yes, you can use a 12* and a different 12* of the same weapon type with an enhancer for a +6 element.

Achelousaurus
Apr 4, 2015, 09:30 AM
Is that your ping overall or to the game?
Team mate told me to ping yahoo.jp and I got 316.
Firesword gave me an ip for the jp pso2 server (which I kinda lost) for which I got 301.

Rehal
Apr 4, 2015, 09:42 AM
300 is pretty bad, 100 and below is good, jp peeps got around < 10 o3o

Psycl0ne
Apr 4, 2015, 10:03 AM

Yes, you can use a 12* and a different 12* of the same weapon type with an enhancer for a +6 element.

Thanks to both of you.

Korazenn
Apr 4, 2015, 11:01 AM
well it seems EQ are still really laggy for me, started off great, the thing about this lag is that my game still runs really smooth im just stuck in the past, today when I did the EQ I got dc'd after almost being done with it

Can you go on www.speedtest.net or use Ookla's Speedtest app on your smartphone, and let me know from there what your test results are by sharing us an image file of it?

the_importer_
Apr 4, 2015, 12:02 PM
I need a Rappy (not a Nap one) and I just can't find one when I need one. Is there any non-EQ that would guaranty me to have one (Ark Quest, Time Attack)?

LonelyGaruga
Apr 4, 2015, 12:04 PM
No. AQs have good rates for them though, what with their rare enemy rate PSEs.

EDIT: Well actually, I guess there are some XQ stages with Rappy spawns, but you'd have to have the floor available and it'd be easier just to run a regular quest or AQ to get a Rappy.

the_importer_
Apr 4, 2015, 12:09 PM
No. AQs have good rates for them though, what with their rare enemy rate PSEs.

EDIT: Well actually, I guess there are some XQ stages with Rappy spawns, but you'd have to have the floor available and it'd be easier just to run a regular quest or AQ to get a Rappy.

Actually, scratch Advance & Extreme cause I forgot that this is for my Gunner class that's only at Lv30 :p

Anduril
Apr 4, 2015, 12:37 PM
Actually, scratch Advance & Extreme cause I forgot that this is for my Gunner class that's only at Lv30 :p
Just run around a free field for a while. I usually get at least one Rappy spawn when I'm running through for dailies, plus there is the off chance of getting a Rappy Capture code.

Bilbo McBaggins
Apr 4, 2015, 02:07 PM
The first Arks quest in the Desert Tunnels has a better than average chance for rappies. I found them for all of my characters there usually first or second try.

EspeonageTieler
Apr 4, 2015, 02:47 PM
when the formula for a certain mag is tech > others does that mean my tech just has to be higher than every thing else?

Anduril
Apr 4, 2015, 03:03 PM
when the formula for a certain mag is tech > others does that mean my tech just has to be higher than every thing else?
Yes.
(Mag to Lepus and Antila to Apus)

EspeonageTieler
Apr 4, 2015, 03:20 PM
Yes.
(Mag to Lepus and Antila to Apus)

alright thanks also does anyone know if you can use a color change pass on the arks blazers?

Anduril
Apr 4, 2015, 03:22 PM
alright thanks also does anyone know if you can use a color change pass on the arks blazers?
You cannot, but the Star Coast Academy Uniforms look almost just like ARKS Blazer and can be color changed, though they are a bit expensive, especially the female one.

trevorwhatever
Apr 4, 2015, 04:37 PM
Can you go on www.speedtest.net or use Ookla's Speedtest app on your smartphone, and let me know from there what your test results are by sharing us an image file of it?

yea i got this http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4265821261

TheszNuts
Apr 4, 2015, 05:38 PM

It gotta be something specifically with the PC, PSO2 isn't a bandwidth hog.

trevorwhatever
Apr 4, 2015, 05:48 PM
It gotta be something specifically with the PC, PSO2 isn't a bandwidth hog.

this is what has me so confused, my brother an I both play on the same internet. He has virtually no lag. As for me everything runs smooth looks smooth etc. but I get stuck in the past without even realizing it, the only way I can even tell that this lag is happening is when Im playing with my brother and he tells me that hes long past the boss im just arriving at.

EspeonageTieler
Apr 4, 2015, 07:56 PM
can anyone tell me waht mag/photon blasts are good for a te/hu? im getting mixed results when looking around so im not sure

some say cetus proi others say julius nifta and im not sure how to get either because from what i see both are listed as having more tech atk than other stats

Korazenn
Apr 4, 2015, 08:34 PM
The first Arks quest in the Desert Tunnels has a better than average chance for rappies. I found them for all of my characters there usually first or second try.

Really? I need to try that myself sometime.

It's definitely not your Internet causing the problem.

this is what has me so confused, my brother an I both play on the same internet. He has virtually no lag. As for me everything runs smooth looks smooth etc. but I get stuck in the past without even realizing it, the only way I can even tell that this lag is happening is when Im playing with my brother and he tells me that hes long past the boss im just arriving at.

As for the sound, is that normal now as well?

I'm going to propose sone ways to rule out what this may be:

First, try playing the game without your brother using his laptop at the same time to see if it runs with minimal (to no) lag in an EQ. If it does still lag, then it's an issue with your computer. You mentioned earlier that your laptop doesn't meet the recommended specs to play the game, but it could also be possible that, if it isn't a tethered connection to the Internet, you may be experiencing lag due to the wireless usage.

If it doesn't lag, try playing again in an EQ with your brother and see how it goes. If it still continues to lag, go the next step.

Play an EQ in the game without your brother running in the same MPA and see how it goes. If it still lags after that, after the EQ is finished, go ahead and exit from the game and boot up PSO2 Tweaker.

Go into the Orb Menu > Troubleshooting > Open Diagnostic Menu and get the following data to me in multiple pastebins from there:
- System Specs
- PSO2 Install Info
- Files in pso2_bin

Thanks in advance~

Rakurai
Apr 4, 2015, 08:45 PM
can anyone tell me waht mag/photon blasts are good for a te/hu? im getting mixed results when looking around so im not sure

some say cetus proi others say julius nifta and im not sure how to get either because from what i see both are listed as having more tech atk than other stats

Just use a photon blast device from the Excube shop.

Cetus Proi is more of a general purpose photon blast, while Julius Nifta is nice if you have high T-ATK and want to be be able to clear out a mob of enemies in a hurry.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 4, 2015, 08:49 PM

Te/Hu should get Julius Nifta. When you have a level 100+ mag, look in the EX cube shop for PBデバイス/ユリウスN, and use it on your mag to change its PB to Julius Nifta.

EspeonageTieler
Apr 4, 2015, 08:50 PM
Just use a photon blast device from the Excube shop.

Cetus Proi is more of a general purpose photon blast, while Julius Nifta is nice if you have high T-ATK and want to be be able to clear out a mob of enemies in a hurry.

How does that work exactly i can change my blast with the item?

trevorwhatever
Apr 4, 2015, 08:52 PM
Really? I need to try that myself sometime.

It's definitely not your Internet causing the problem.

As for the sound, is that normal now as well?

I'm going to propose sone ways to rule out what this may be:

First, try playing the game without your brother using his laptop at the same time to see if it runs with minimal (to no) lag in an EQ. If it does still lag, then it's an issue with your computer. You mentioned earlier that your laptop doesn't meet the recommended specs to play the game, but it could also be possible that, if it isn't a tethered connection to the Internet, you may be experiencing lag due to the wireless usage.

If it doesn't lag, try playing again in an EQ with your brother and see how it goes. If it still continues to lag, go the next step.

Play an EQ in the game without your brother running in the same MPA and see how it goes. If it still lags after that, after the EQ is finished, go ahead and exit from the game and boot up PSO2 Tweaker.

Go into the Orb Menu > Troubleshooting > Open Diagnostic Menu and get the following data to me in multiple pastebins from there:
- System Specs
- PSO2 Install Info
- Files in pso2_bin

Thanks in advance~
ok earlier today I did an EQ while my brother was sleeping, and I had some lag but it wasnt alot. Also Im not sure if I was behind in time like I normally was since I had no way to ask someone where the group was currently at. I didnt get removed from the quest before I got to the end like I had done while playing with my brother before.
heres the paste bins
http://pastebin.com/k5RBEVH2
http://pastebin.com/5t7DDFDV
http://pastebin.com/1vY1FZ83

Valen13
Apr 4, 2015, 09:06 PM
Which stage in the wyverns XQ is the best place to farm for a Southern Cross?

Anduril
Apr 4, 2015, 09:07 PM
How does that work exactly i can change my blast with the item?
Let's say you want to change your PB to Julius Nifta: you take 8 Excubes and buy PB Device / Julius N (PBデバイス/ユリウスN) from the Excube Shop, then on your Mag go to Use Device and select it.

EspeonageTieler
Apr 4, 2015, 09:12 PM
Let's say you want to change your PB to Julius Nifta: you take 8 Excubes and buy PB Device / Julius N (PBデバイス/ユリウスN) from the Excube Shop, then on your Mag go to Use Device and select it.

Does it matter what type the mag is already?

Anduril
Apr 4, 2015, 09:13 PM
Does it matter what type the mag is already?
Nope, but mind that the power of your PB (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/mag_2.php#nav) is dependent on your ATK stat, so Julius Nifta will have more power with more T-ATK.

EspeonageTieler
Apr 4, 2015, 09:14 PM
Nope.

Cool thanks

Korazenn
Apr 4, 2015, 09:53 PM
ok earlier today I did an EQ while my brother was sleeping, and I had some lag but it wasnt alot. Also Im not sure if I was behind in time like I normally was since I had no way to ask someone where the group was currently at. I didnt get removed from the quest before I got to the end like I had done while playing with my brother before.

Glad to hear it! Try it with more EQs like Banther and Darker Den next and see if you still experience any lag. It is normal to sometimes see players skip a few steps because of minor lag, but being 'minutes' behind is certainly not normal.

heres the paste bins

k I'll tackle these one at a time to prevent confusion:

http://pastebin.com/k5RBEVH2

Everything here is fine.

http://pastebin.com/5t7DDFDV

PSO2 Directory: C:\Pso2\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin

Make sure PSO2 Tweaker is closed and move the entirety of the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA only after you read through this whole post, because there are other issues existing with your install at the moment that could be a culprit to this whole mess.

Size of PSO2 data/win32 folder: ~32GB

~28GB is the size for mine. There is something creating an unnecessary ~4GB of extra space being used within the Pso2 folder you had (remove that Pso2 folder after moving PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 to the SEGA folder as mentioned above, btw, from the C:\ drive).

http://pastebin.com/1vY1FZ83

Now, I'm gonna base the following from my end where PSO2 runs both optimally and at the highest settings with no issues whatsoever on my computer. This is what a normal list of your files in pso2_bin should resemble:

Listing of pso2_bin files: boost.txt | cudart32_30_9.dll | edition.txt | GameGuard.des: 393848 | gameversion.ver | lua_license.txt | pso2.exe: 24453688 | pso2download.exe | pso2history.txt | PSO2JP.ini | pso2launcher.exe | pso2launcher.exe.bak | pso2launcherboot.txt | pso2predownload.exe | pso2updater.exe | stlport.txt | tolua _License.txt | translation.bin: 1342956 | translation.cfg | translator.dll: 69632 |

This is yours:

Listing of pso2_bin files: cudart32_30_9.dll | edition.txt | GameGuard.des: 393848 | gameversion.ver | pso2.exe: 24453688 | pso2download.exe | pso2download.exe.bak | PSO2JP.ini | pso2launcher.exe | pso2launcher.exe.bak | pso2predownload.exe | pso2predownload.exe.bak | pso2updater.exe | pso2updater.exe.bak | translation.bin: 1342956 | translator.dll: 69632 |

The text files don't matter, but you're likely missing them due to the location you've saved PSO2 in and that is causing other specific game files to most likely be separated from the pso2_bin. I actually won't be surprised if you have two pso2_bins and already have a SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder in your Program Files (x86)! ^^;

Missing from your list are the items bolded in my quote, and mentioned in the list below:
- boost.txt
- lua_license.txt
- pso2history.txt
- stlport.txt
- tolua _License.txt
- translation.cfg

These missing files will likely be fixed after you're done moving the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder into the proper location, as mentioned above, run the file check in Tweaker, and then run the install for the English Patches. Make sure to search for the new location of the pso2_bin in PSO2 Tweaker to reflect the new location at C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin before committing to the file check and installing the patches. The option to do so is at the very top of the Orb Menu.

Files you don't need and should be deleted to free up space and correct potential issues with EQ lag:
- pso2download.exe.bak
- pso2predownload.exe.bak
- pso2updater.exe.bak

The biggest offenders here are these backup files most likely. Single-click on them (or hover, if those are your selection settings in your Windows Explorer) to see how large each of these files mentioned here are in your Details Pane. Trust me when I say you may never want these on your computer...EVER. SEGA had a huge problem where people like yourself faced this issue since way back in September 2013, iirc.

Backups of the game files have sometimes caused the game client to randomly crash, infinite loading screens, the same type of lag you mentioned, and worse at times (it corrupted my game data once!).

Tweaker creates backups of your files by itself. There's really no need for them any longer through the JP launcher and there's a huge potentiality that one of the backup files listed here could also be part of the culprit in causing you to run into an issue while questing by causing lag.

Go ahead and fix these issues with the backup files that should be deleted above first, then move PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 to its normal location.

Then, run a test with your brother in the next EQ and see if everything is running smoothly afterwards.

Sorry for the long post all, but I hope that helps you, Trevor! Let me know the results~ ^^

EspeonageTieler
Apr 5, 2015, 12:13 AM
can anyone point me to a guide on getting spellstones? or know if there are any quick grab ones from titles or something

thehondachef
Apr 5, 2015, 12:42 AM
Does Sange & Yasha really drop from Magatsu, or is Cirnopedia wrong/outdated?
I'm considering switching to Bo at some point and already have a Sange and a Yasha I wanted to combine... :(

milranduil
Apr 5, 2015, 12:43 AM
Does Sange & Yasha really drop from Magatsu, or is Cirnopedia wrong/outdated?
I'm considering switching to Bo at some point and already have a Sange and a Yasha I wanted to combine... :(

This isn't PSO1.

trevorwhatever
Apr 5, 2015, 12:47 AM
Glad to hear it! Try it with more EQs like Banther and Darker Den next and see if you still experience any lag. It is normal to sometimes see players skip a few steps because of minor lag, but being 'minutes' behind is certainly not normal.

Everything here is fine.

Make sure PSO2 Tweaker is closed and move the entirety of the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA only after you read through this whole post, because there are other issues existing with your install at the moment that could be a culprit to this whole mess.

~28GB is the size for mine. There is something creating an unnecessary ~4GB of extra space being used within the Pso2 folder you had (remove that Pso2 folder after moving PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 to the SEGA folder as mentioned above, btw, from the C:\ drive).

Now, I'm gonna base the following from my end where PSO2 runs both optimally and at the highest settings with no issues whatsoever on my computer. This is what a normal list of your files in pso2_bin should resemble:

This is yours:

The text files don't matter, but you're likely missing them due to the location you've saved PSO2 in and that is causing other specific game files to most likely be separated from the pso2_bin. I actually won't be surprised if you have two pso2_bins and already have a SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder in your Program Files (x86)! ^^;

Missing from your list are the items bolded in my quote, and mentioned in the list below:
- boost.txt
- lua_license.txt
- pso2history.txt
- stlport.txt
- tolua _License.txt
- translation.cfg

These missing files will likely be fixed after you're done moving the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder into the proper location, as mentioned above, run the file check in Tweaker, and then run the install for the English Patches. Make sure to search for the new location of the pso2_bin in PSO2 Tweaker to reflect the new location at C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin before committing to the file check and installing the patches. The option to do so is at the very top of the Orb Menu.

Files you don't need and should be deleted to free up space and correct potential issues with EQ lag:
- pso2download.exe.bak
- pso2updater.exe.bak

The biggest offenders here are these backup files most likely. Single-click on them (or hover, if those are your selection settings in your Windows Explorer) to see how large each of these files mentioned here are in your Details Pane. Trust me when I say you may never want these on your computer...EVER. SEGA had a huge problem where people like yourself faced this issue since way back in September 2013, iirc.

Backups of the game files have sometimes caused the game client to randomly crash, infinite loading screens, the same type of lag you mentioned, and worse at times (it corrupted my game data once!).

Tweaker creates backups of your files by itself. There's really no need for them any longer through the JP launcher and there's a huge potentiality that one of the backup files listed here could also be part of the culprit in causing you to run into an issue while questing by causing lag.

Go ahead and fix these issues with the backup files that should be deleted above first, then move PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 to its normal location.

Then, run a test with your brother in the next EQ and see if everything is running smoothly afterwards.

Sorry for the long post all, but I hope that helps you, Trevor! Let me know the results~ ^^
where do I find these at?
- pso2download.exe.bak
- pso2updater.exe.bak

milranduil
Apr 5, 2015, 12:50 AM
where do I find these at?
- pso2download.exe.bak
- pso2updater.exe.bak

He literally said the name of the folder in the post...
C -> Program x86 -> SEGA -> PSO2 -> pso2_bin

trevorwhatever
Apr 5, 2015, 01:00 AM
He literally said the name of the folder in the post...
C -> Program x86 -> SEGA -> PSO2 -> pso2_bin
awh thanks for some reason my pso2 folder isnt in the sega folder, its just in my (C:)

Korazenn
Apr 5, 2015, 01:05 AM
awh thanks for some reason my pso2 folder isnt in the sega folder, its just in my (C:)

k Let me know how it goes after testing!

trevorwhatever
Apr 5, 2015, 01:07 AM

Everything here is fine.

This is yours:

- boost.txt
- lua_license.txt
- pso2history.txt
- stlport.txt
- tolua _License.txt
- translation.cfg

- pso2download.exe.bak
- pso2updater.exe.bak

ok so it seems that just the pso2 bin and the uninstall stuff were in a separate PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder, for some reason I had 2 of those. so the separation of the files may have been causing my issue?
I took those 4 files and added them to the other PHANTASYSTARTONLINE2 folder that had msot of the other stuff in it and deleted the old folder

trevorwhatever
Apr 5, 2015, 01:11 AM
k Let me know how it goes after testing!

ok now every time I go to install the english patches it tells me to select the directory, but its not working i guess? so it keeps telling me to do it every time even tho Im selecting the pso2_bin

Korazenn
Apr 5, 2015, 01:16 AM
ok so it seems that just the pso2 bin and the uninstall stuff were in a separate PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder, for some reason I had 2 of those.

Told you so~ ;)

so the separation of the files may have been causing my issue?

More likely than not.

I took those 4 files and added them to the other PHANTASYSTARTONLINE2 folder that had msot of the other stuff in it and deleted the old folder

Be more descriptive, please.

Which old folder did you delete? You mean "Pso2"?
What four files were moved to the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder? I'm going to assume you mean the backups of the exe's?

And, please make sure you mean that you moved the files to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2. I'm not surprised you had two pso2_bin files given your situation, though.

EDIT:

ok now every time I go to install the english patches it tells me to select the directory, but its not working i guess? so it keeps telling me to do it every time even tho Im selecting the pso2_bin

Arrrgggh. Please, please, please don't tell me you deleted the 'original' PSO2 folder and all of its files. >.<

Is pso2_bin in the directory I mentioned above (C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2) and is there a win32 inside of said folder, first of all?

The uninstall files you mentioned earlier? Those are in the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder (the three files are unins000.dat, unins000, and unins000.msg), and NOT in pso2_bin (pso2_bin is where all those files I mentioned in that long post above are located as well as your data, which contains the win32 folder with everything else, and Gameguard).

trevorwhatever
Apr 5, 2015, 01:20 AM
Told you so~ ;)

More likely than not.

What four files were moved to the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder? I'm going to assume you mean the backups of the exe's?

And, please make sure you mean that you moved the files to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2. I'm not surprised you had two pso2_bin files given your situation, though.

I didnt have 2 pso2_bin files, I had 2 folders called PHANTASYSTARONLINE2.
the things I moved were the pso_bin and the 3 unis000 files.
once I put those in with all the other PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder things I moved the SEGA folder to the C:\Program Files (x86)

for some reason the SEGA folder was in my documents.

trevorwhatever
Apr 5, 2015, 01:22 AM
Told you so~ ;)

More likely than not.

Is pso2_bin in the directory I mentioned above (C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2)?
yes I fixed this I just had to restart the tweaker. I ran the file check and am now reinstalling all the english files

Korazenn
Apr 5, 2015, 01:25 AM
yes I fixed this I just had to restart the tweaker. I ran the file check and am now reinstalling all the english files

Updated my previous post.

trevorwhatever
Apr 5, 2015, 01:25 AM
Told you so~ ;)

More likely than not.

Arrrgggh. Please, please, please don't tell me you deleted the 'original' PSO2 folder and all of its files. >.<

Is pso2_bin in the directory I mentioned above (C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2) and is there a win32 inside of said folder, first of all?

The uninstall files you mentioned earlier? Those are in the PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder (the three files are unins000.dat, unins000, and unins000.msg), and NOT in pso2_bin (pso2_bin is where all those files I mentioned in that long post above are located as well as your data, which contains the win32 folder with everything else, and Gameguard).
noooo, the "pso2" folder I deleted was what I made myself to hold all my pso2 stuff originally. the only things that were in that folder was the second PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder which had the bin and those unins files

Korazenn
Apr 5, 2015, 01:27 AM
for some reason the SEGA folder was in my documents.

That folder is to contain various logs and screenshot related data. The game creates it on its own with a file check and once you boot it up and log in.

Korazenn
Apr 5, 2015, 01:30 AM
noooo, the "pso2" folder I deleted was what I made myself to hold all my pso2 stuff originally. the only things that were in that folder was the second PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder which had the bin and those unins files

Good, that clarifies things much more as you were vague in your previous post regarding what you exactly moved over (files ≠ folders, remember that ^^;) and I thought all you meant by that was the three aforementioned backup files and the uninstall. It was just a minor confusion regarding wording, so no biggie.

Keep running the check and install the patches, then try the game again. Let me know how everything goes afterwards! xD

trevorwhatever
Apr 5, 2015, 01:53 AM
Good, that clarifies things much more as you were vague in your previous post regarding what you exactly moved over (files ≠ folders, remember that ^^;) and I thought all you meant by that was the three aforementioned backup files and the uninstall. It was just a minor confusion regarding wording, so no biggie.

Keep running the check and install the patches, then try the game again. Let me know how everything goes afterwards! xD
ugh I feel so annoying but now my settings wont save and its staying on max settings, cant turn anything down from the tweaker lol.

Korazenn
Apr 5, 2015, 02:01 AM
ugh I feel so annoying but now my settings wont save and its staying on max settings, cant turn anything down from the tweaker lol.

Log into the game first and configure your settings in-game. If the game doesn't work because it's too l33t for your laptop to handle, you can open up the original pso2launcher.exe in pso2_bin (cancel the download or check for files that it may automatically try to run), then go to select the third option from the top (second from the bottom). This should open up your Options menu. Configure the settings there to be the bare minimum, then save your settings and close the JP launcher.

Launch the game through PSO2 Tweaker again afterwards.

trevorwhatever
Apr 5, 2015, 02:02 AM
Log into the game first and configure your settings in-game. If the game doesn't work because it's too l33t for your laptop to handle, you can open up the original pso2launcher (cancel the download or check for files that it may automatically try to run), then go to select the third option from the top (second from the bottom). This should open up your Options menu. Configure the settings there to be the bare minimum, then save your settings and close the JP launcher.

Launch the game through PSO2 Tweaker again afterwards.

LOL the game looked so beautiful :')

I got it fixed tho thanks. Now I just have to wait for an EQ and test if all this helps.
Ive already noticed load times being alot faster.

Korazenn
Apr 5, 2015, 02:08 AM
LOL the game looked so beautiful :')

I got it fixed tho thanks. Now I just have to wait for an EQ and test if all this helps.
Ive already noticed load times being alot faster.

Seems like everything should be beautiful from here on then, fingers crossed~

shots28
Apr 5, 2015, 03:21 AM
Does anybody know a good Partisan guide such as build, equipment, combos, tips and tricks? Trying to get into it for a change

trevorwhatever
Apr 5, 2015, 03:27 AM
Seems like everything should be beautiful from here on then, fingers crossed~

I seem to be running good, but I did here this dial tone sound again, any idea what that is?

Sizustar
Apr 5, 2015, 05:47 AM
I seem to be running good, but I did here this dial tone sound again, any idea what that is?

Can you do a recording with fraps or other recording tool and upload the video with said sound?

Poyonche
Apr 5, 2015, 06:08 AM
I am about to run a FO/FI, I have a Negro set in my storage, I don't know if I should add the PP Craft on all the 3, or at least 1 +100 HP and the 2 other +10PP ?

My dodge skill is pretty good.

Thanks. :3

KazukiQZ
Apr 5, 2015, 06:30 AM
^What I do: use PP Special Craft on all of them, and put HP related affix on the units.

Cheapest plan can be Ragne/Tech3/Stamina3. Effect will be 60 Tatk and 70HP.
Or if you have a rather deep pocket, go for Diabo/Tech3/Stamina3 (Effect will be 65 Tatk and 80HP)

You can opt for 4th affix, if you want. Personally, I would go with either Spirita3 for more PP, or Latan Fever because it's easier to transfer xD)

Poyonche
Apr 5, 2015, 07:21 AM
^What I do: use PP Special Craft on all of them, and put HP related affix on the units.

Cheapest plan can be Ragne/Tech3/Stamina3. Effect will be 60 Tatk and 70HP.
Or if you have a rather deep pocket, go for Diabo/Tech3/Stamina3 (Effect will be 65 Tatk and 80HP)

You can opt for 4th affix, if you want. Personally, I would go with either Spirita3 for more PP, or Latan Fever because it's easier to transfer xD)

Thanks for your help, as I am quite poor atm, I guess i'll go for Ragne/Tech3/Spirita3 and Latan Fever :3

trevorwhatever
Apr 5, 2015, 07:28 AM
Can you do a recording with fraps or other recording tool and upload the video with said sound?
if I knew when the thing was gonna happen, it jut happens very randomly, Ive only ever heard it like 4 times

Chimeria
Apr 5, 2015, 08:05 AM
While doing Advance Quests, I sometimes see these figures pop up...And I was wondering exactly what the heck it is.

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Tsunagi/pso20150404_095606_000_zpsod0dzgdd.jpg[/spoiler-box]

final_attack
Apr 5, 2015, 08:22 AM
While doing Advance Quests, I sometimes see these figures pop up...And I was wondering exactly what the heck it is.

It's ..... Launcher's PA, Fake Silhouette or something (I don't know the correct spelling)

KazukiQZ
Apr 5, 2015, 08:28 AM
^His Ranger/Launcher NPC used that PA xD

(and your spelling is correct iirc)

wefwq
Apr 5, 2015, 09:52 AM

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Tsunagi/pso20150404_095606_000_zpsod0dzgdd.jpg[/spoiler-box]
That was possessed mannequin, kill it ASAP unless you want an infestation.

BIG OLAF
Apr 5, 2015, 10:37 AM
I'll ask this again since no one answered it when I asked the first time a few weeks ago-

How does the latent system on units work? Can anyone link a guide or something?

knight1301
Apr 5, 2015, 11:09 AM
I'll ask this again since no one answered it when I asked the first time a few weeks ago-

Latent system on units? You mean a unit has yellow outline like weapon unlocked potential? If that's what you mean then it's timed abilities craft http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_6.php#timed

K.O. Kazjivo
Apr 5, 2015, 11:14 AM
Question: How much attack affixes should a lv. 75 have? On that note, how much attack should a lv. 75 braver have?

I just do not want to think I was okay, as in back at lv. 60 I had 1.3k attack.

BIG OLAF
Apr 5, 2015, 11:26 AM
Latent system on units? You mean a unit has yellow outline like weapon unlocked potential? If that's what you mean then it's timed abilities craft http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_6.php#timed

Sure, I guess? Your link doesn't explain how to do it, though.

wefwq
Apr 5, 2015, 11:27 AM

You create "timed abiliy data" from your craft console (or whatever it's called), and then apply it to your unit.
It's only active for a limited time, after it's expire you will need to make a new one and use it again (or leave it as is).

---

If you mean a guide to make one/limited time ability in general:
[spoiler]Actually i have read your question back then, but i was too lazy but today i'll show you a few ropes
You may want to read bumped crafting mini guide (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-crafting-system-mini-guide/) to make yourself more familiar to crafting system.

It is highly recommended that you try and read few things on your own screen as you read this guide to prevent some minor confusions.

1st menu:
[Create Timed Ability]
Produce an usable item (or "timed ability data") that let you to insert an limited time ability (or latent for unit if you prefer to call it that).
In order to make it, you have to create and save a set recipe for it (read "Update Data Drive" below).
*) Making this item need 1 craft line, and will give a very small amount of wait time (cooldown) for each used panel.

2nd menu:
[Update Data Drive]
Before can actually create an item to insert limited-time ability to your unit, you have to create a "recipe" for it, you choose this menu.
Category will be break up to a few sections: rear / arm / leg, and each will be broken up to per planet basis.
Some of them are only works on certain quest mode (free exploration,advance quest, ARKS quest, etc), while there's some that works on any quest mode (keep in mind it's still limited to an planet).
---
On recipe selection menu, you can see recipe detail.
It contain Sub effects and the planet where it'll active.
If it's said "any of these" S/R/T ATK, that means you'll get one of those, you can't pick atk bonus so you may have to keep trying if you really want certain ATK bonus.

There's also "Probable Main Ability" (on different window) such as "Rare drop bonus", "Randomly Prevent Knockback" and such, grant you with even more unique ability. This will be broken to several level (Rare drop bonus 1, 2, etc.), available main ability changes every 13:00JST.

After you pick what unit parts, planet, and quest-type restriction you'll move to the next window that let you use various support items (it's similar to add weapon ability), which can add some additional effects and whatnot.

After prompt all your options, you will see the result, what kind of main/sub effect you get.
After that you can either save your result or discard it.
*) You need to save your recipe in order to make an timed ability data
*) You can only save 1 recipe per unit parts (rear/arm/leg, in total 3 recipes)
*) If you choose to discard it, it'll gone forever (a very long time)
*) After a recipe saved, you can produce it as many as you want with exact same effect at least until you decide to overwrite it.
*) If you're really lucky, your timed ability can receive a effect duration that will prolong it's active duration (it's 7 days by default).

After you choose to save it, you can create a real one from "Create Timed Ability" menu.
You will get item like "時限能力データ/リア", it's under consumeable item tab on your item pack.

Try to use (consume) it, and you'll get a prompt along with information regarding all of the effect your ability has. Confirm to apply it to your unit.
It'll register to the unit corespondent to recipe (rear data for rear units, etc) automatically.
Be warry that doing so will bind your unit ownership! You can't undo this--Accept it and it will became part of your fate.

3rd menu:
[Check Data Drive]
You can check all saved recipe you have (rear/arm/leg, you can't modify your recipe with this menu)

If you still don't understand some stuff/get lost feel free to ask again, i'll try to help when i have a chance.[/spoiler-box]

Question: How much attack affixes should a lv. 75 have? On that note, how much attack should a lv. 75 braver have?

Affix usually fly on 60~130 ATK, but you can make more if you have deeper wallet, 100 are good but 70 are acceptable.
130 are gangsta-tier, i don't really recommend you go that high unless you have a bank to burn.

As for stat ATK, kinda depends on your build, weapon, affix and mag.
2100 are "good enough" depends on what weapon you have, since there's *13 which has a pretty significant difference in terms of stat compared to the other weapon with lower rarity level.

Also for reminder that your damage output doesn't rely solely just on your ATK stat, there's ton of modifiers (mainly comes from class skills) and don't forget about your weapon latent ability.
Equipment set bonus will give you a small stat boost as well.

knight1301
Apr 5, 2015, 11:28 AM

Around 60-130/unit or weapon base on your meseta. You'll have more than 2k attack

LonelyGaruga
Apr 5, 2015, 11:33 AM
Thanks for your help, as I am quite poor atm, I guess i'll go for Ragne/Tech3/Spirita3 and Latan Fever :3

Go full T-ATK and PP. At the very most, and only if you aren't confident in your dodging skills, use 1 HP crafted unit. Diabo Soul is also good, you could use that instead of the HP unit. But no more HP than that.

BIG OLAF
Apr 5, 2015, 12:12 PM
You create "timed abiliy data" from your craft console (or whatever it's called), and then apply it to your unit.
It's only active for a limited time, after it's expire you will need to make a new one and use it again (or leave it as is).

---

If you mean a guide to make one/limited time ability in general:
[spoiler]Actually i have read your question back then, but i was too lazy but today i'll show you a few ropes
You may want to read bumped crafting mini guide (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-crafting-system-mini-guide/) to make yourself more familiar to crafting system.

It is highly recommended that you try and read few things on your own screen as you read this guide to prevent some minor confusions.

1st menu:
[Create Timed Ability]
Produce an usable item (or "timed ability data") that let you to insert an limited time ability (or latent for unit if you prefer to call it that).
In order to make it, you have to create and save a set recipe for it (read "Update Data Drive" below).
*) Making this item need 1 craft line, and will give a very small amount of wait time (cooldown) for each used panel.

2nd menu:
[Update Data Drive]
Before can actually create an item to insert limited-time ability to your unit, you have to create a "recipe" for it, you choose this menu.
Category will be break up to a few sections: rear / arm / leg, and each will be broken up to per planet basis.
Some of them are only works on certain quest mode (free exploration,advance quest, ARKS quest, etc), while there's some that works on any quest mode (keep in mind it's still limited to an planet).
---
On recipe selection menu, you can see recipe detail.
It contain Sub effects and the planet where it'll active.
If it's said "any of these" S/R/T ATK, that means you'll get one of those, you can't pick atk bonus so you may have to keep trying if you really want certain ATK bonus.

There's also "Probable Main Ability" (on different window) such as "Rare drop bonus", "Randomly Prevent Knockback" and such, grant you with even more unique ability. This will be broken to several level (Rare drop bonus 1, 2, etc.), available main ability changes every 12:00JST(?).

After you pick what unit parts, planet, and quest-type restriction you'll move to the next window that let you use various support items (it's similar to add weapon ability), which can add some additional effects and whatnot.

After prompt all your options, you will see the result, what kind of main/sub effect you get.
After that you can either save your result or discard it.
*) You need to save your recipe in order to make an timed ability data
*) You can only save 1 recipe per unit parts (rear/arm/leg, in total 3 recipes)
*) If you choose to discard it, it'll gone forever (a very long time)
*) After a recipe saved, you can produce it as many as you want with exact same effect at least until you decide to overwrite it.
*) If you're really lucky, your timed ability can receive a effect duration that will prolong it's active duration (it's 7 days by default).

After you choose to save it, you can create a real one from "Create Timed Ability" menu.
You will get item like "時限能力データ/リア", it's under consumeable item tab on your item pack.

Try to use (consume) it, and you'll get a prompt along with information regarding all of the effect your ability has. Confirm to apply it to your unit.
It'll register to the unit corespondent to recipe (rear data for rear units, etc) automatically.
Be warry that doing so will bind your unit ownership! You can't undo this--Accept it and it will became part of your fate.

3rd menu:
[Check Data Drive]
You can check all saved recipe you have (rear/arm/leg, you can't modify your recipe with this menu)

If you still don't understand some stuff/get lost feel free to ask again, i'll try to help when i have a chance.[/spoiler-box]

Yeah, I got pretty much none of that. I'm not good at learning things from text alone. I need a video, or at least step-by-step pictures.

wefwq
Apr 5, 2015, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I got pretty much none of that. I'm not good at learning things from text alone. I need a video, or at least step-by-step pictures.
I got no idea what pic i have to gave as explanation since lots of stuff in there are pretty much self-explanatory.
Giving an pic filled with text that written on the guide are feels like losing it's point also.
That's why i said to try the stuff when reading the guide.

And video are a no-go since my toaster can't handle such a thing :^)
Good luck with your limited-time ability.

Anduril
Apr 5, 2015, 12:44 PM
Hope this helps in terms of the creation aspect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImY10ioiY4Q"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImY10ioiY4Q

This (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/craft_6.php#info)should explain the logistics of the abilities and sub abilities to some degree, specifically the third main bullet point.

The craft I did in the video was a general Forest lv1, so it has the effect active on any Forest field, be it Free Exploration, ARKS Quest, the first areas of Nab TAs, Fang Banther EQ, Rainy EQ, or Forest AQ.
The probable main effect was listed as Rare Drop Boost, but I ended up getting Recovery Item boost; my sub effect was T-ATK +10 out of the possible range of +10 to +20 of any of the ATK stats, but since I didn't get a great success when creating the drive recipe or the consumable timed ability, there was no bonus effect, which for this craft would just be an additional +20 to an ATK stat.
Timed Ability drive creation is a lot like Tech Customization in that there is a lot of RNG involved in getting the effects you want.

Achelousaurus
Apr 5, 2015, 02:32 PM
300 is pretty bad, 100 and below is good, jp peeps got around < 10 o3o
Thanks. And ._.
Well, not that I expected anything else.

Aquanos
Apr 5, 2015, 05:34 PM
Do you have to say the secret phrase in all chats or just public chat?
"だてたろう"

BIG OLAF
Apr 5, 2015, 05:39 PM
The craft I did in the video was a general Forest lv1, so it has the effect active on any Forest field, be it Free Exploration, ARKS Quest, the first areas of Nab TAs, Fang Banther EQ, Rainy EQ, or Forest AQ.
The probable main effect was listed as Rare Drop Boost, but I ended up getting Recovery Item boost; my sub effect was T-ATK +10 out of the possible range of +10 to +20 of any of the ATK stats, but since I didn't get a great success when creating the drive recipe or the consumable timed ability, there was no bonus effect, which for this craft would just be an additional +20 to an ATK stat.
Timed Ability drive creation is a lot like Tech Customization in that there is a lot of RNG involved in getting the effects you want.

Yes, that helps a bit, thank you. I thought you did it at Dudu/Monica's counter. I didn't realize it was a crafting thing. So, once you put an ability on a unit, it;s bound to you, right? Also, can you put different abilities on a unit once the first one runs out?

Half an hour kinda sucks ass, like that's enough for maybe one or two runs. I take it the levels I see (1-5) on other people's stuff has to do with crafting levels? Mine's like six or something, lol. I don't care enough about it to level it or get specific things; I never leveled tech crafting either, I had a friend do mine for me. I just wanted to put random stuff on there to see what it does.

Anduril
Apr 5, 2015, 05:53 PM
Do you have to say the secret phrase in all chats or just public chat?
"だてたろう"
You can say it in any chat and it only needs to be once.

Yes, that helps a bit, thank you. I thought you did it at Dudu/Monica's counter. I didn't realize it was a crafting thing. So, once you put an ability on a unit, it;s bound to you, right? Also, can you put different abilities on a unit once the first one runs out?

Half an hour kinda sucks ass, like that's enough for maybe one or two runs. I take it the levels I see (1-5) on other people's stuff has to do with crafting levels? Mine's like six or something, lol. I don't care enough about it to level it or get specific things; I never leveled tech crafting either, I had a friend do mine for me. I just wanted to put random stuff on there to see what it does.
It is bound, yes, and, yes, once it runs out you can put a new one on. The effect lasts 7 days normally, but a great success can boost it to 14. Any Timed Ability craft can have any of the main effects at random, though they are limited in the level of the effect, so you can just keep making them and trying them out since there are a bunch that are unlocked by default (I've only ever done Daily Crafts on Charlotte, yet you can see that I have the Lv3 versions of the general field recipes); the only limiting factor is that each new data drive you save overrides the last one you made for that unit type.

xhucknasty
Apr 5, 2015, 06:32 PM
Hey all I'm coming back for the first time since the DDOS that led to the "ip block" (I know it's not technically one but I couldn't connect without a proxy so I gave up). Where do people hang out now? How is the community? Are good things still happening? PSO2 was really exciting when I left so I'm hoping it's still just as fun. Thanks in advance for answers.

AutumnChronicle
Apr 5, 2015, 08:07 PM
Hey all I'm coming back for the first time since the DDOS that led to the "ip block" (I know it's not technically one but I couldn't connect without a proxy so I gave up). Where do people hang out now? How is the community? Are good things still happening? PSO2 was really exciting when I left so I'm hoping it's still just as fun. Thanks in advance for answers.

As far as good things happening are concerned, EP3 brought quite a few new exciting changes. Bouncers are pretty fun to use since you get to rain down hell and kick the meseta out of things. The Magatsu EQ is quite entertaining compared to Elder or Luther too since it requires more teamwork and is more epic (not to mention the absurd amount of Excube fodder).

An even more recent update would be Challenge Mode. I haven't tried it personally, but you get stripped of all your equipment and have to rely on skill to progress. Sounds fun and you can earn 13*s to boot!

jayssle26
Apr 5, 2015, 08:09 PM
how do I CHANGE subpalettes (not edit it, CHANGE it)?????

AutumnChronicle
Apr 5, 2015, 08:23 PM
how do I CHANGE subpalettes (not edit it, CHANGE it)?????

Use your numberpad if you're playing on a PC.

xhucknasty
Apr 5, 2015, 08:27 PM
As far as good things happening are concerned, EP3 brought quite a few new exciting changes. Bouncers are pretty fun to use since you get to rain down hell and kick the meseta out of things. The Magatsu EQ is quite entertaining compared to Elder or Luther too since it requires more teamwork and is more epic (not to mention the absurd amount of Excube fodder).

An even more recent update would be Challenge Mode. I haven't tried it personally, but you get stripped of all your equipment and have to rely on skill to progress. Sounds fun and you can earn 13*s to boot!

Thanks for responding. I'm only level 13 so I don't think I have access to most of the changes. I logged in for about an hour and I'm really at a loss right now for what I should do. What should I be doing to level up? Where can I find more players to play with? I didn't see anyone during my time logging in except a few in the lobby. I heard that the old EN block (20 I think?) is dead now.

Perfect Chaos
Apr 5, 2015, 08:28 PM
how do I CHANGE subpalettes (not edit it, CHANGE it)?????Default PC settings has 7-9 on the number pad to change between the three sub-palettes in the active sub-palette book. (I personally swap it so that the numbers above the keyboard changes weapon palette and sub-palette, though.) To change to different sub-palette books, the fastest way would be to set chat shortcuts to say "/spal4" or something like that. #4 corresponds to book 2, palette 1, so once you're there, numbers 7-9 while switch among book 2 sub-palettes. Use "/spal7" (8 or 9 works, too) for book 3, etc. You have to pay AC for extra books, though.

MooingRed
Apr 5, 2015, 09:21 PM
This might be aimed toward AIDA but:

I bought WM from Arks Layer on Thursday night, but now it's Sunday night and the code still hasn't come in yet. It's probably just me being impatient but how long is it supposed to take for the code to get sent?

ashley50
Apr 5, 2015, 09:52 PM

I bought WM from Arks Layer on Thursday night, but now it's Sunday night and the code still hasn't come in yet. It's probably just me being impatient but how long is it supposed to take for the code to get sent?

It'll probably be better to PM AIDA about the matter.

Cortte
Apr 6, 2015, 05:28 AM
Hey guys, I am just a little curious about how many Challenge Miles you get for completing Challenge Mode. Anyone done it yet?

EspeonageTieler
Apr 6, 2015, 05:43 AM
anyone know if techers aoe explosion damage on wand atks gets more damage when the element on its mastery its leveled up in the skill tree? or does it only scale or s-atk?

Kondibon
Apr 6, 2015, 05:47 AM
anyone know if techers aoe explosion damage on wand atks gets more damage when the element on its mastery its leveled up in the skill tree? or does it only scale or s-atk?The wand explosions deal striking damage but scale with T-atk, the regular part of the wand hit scales with S-atk, neither is affected by elemental masteries, but both are affected by element weak hit.

AutumnChronicle
Apr 6, 2015, 06:24 AM
Thanks for responding. I'm only level 13 so I don't think I have access to most of the changes. I logged in for about an hour and I'm really at a loss right now for what I should do. What should I be doing to level up? Where can I find more players to play with? I didn't see anyone during my time logging in except a few in the lobby. I heard that the old EN block (20 I think?) is dead now.

Challenge Mode can be done regardless of level/gear if you're interested. EQs are a great place to start to meet both people and level up! B20 is dead (even during EQs) but there are still plenty of English players running across most of Ship2, so you can try your luck in the first few blocks or the shared PC/Vita blocks.

Other than that, Story mode has some really fun cutscenes and decent rewards as well, so you can try completing the matter boards.

I've bought WM from ARKSLayer quite a couple of times with no problems, so no worries about getting cheated. But yea, it's better to PM AIDA directly about that.

Poyonche
Apr 6, 2015, 08:59 AM
As a FO/FI (again me :3 ), should I use a rod with splendid recovery or a rod with a damage increase potent like Immediate Justice ?

PokeminMaster
Apr 6, 2015, 09:32 AM
As a Bo/Fo, would it be worthwile to re-spec my tree as Fire once Ultimate Lillipa is out? I currently have 20 points in Ice then 10 in both Fire and Lightning... not sure if switching over would be worth it or not; I could also just move the 10 points from Lightning over and specialize in both Fire/Ice... I don't use Lightning all that often

milranduil
Apr 6, 2015, 09:56 AM
What do you even do as BoFo....

PokeminMaster
Apr 6, 2015, 10:03 AM
What do you even do as BoFo....
Use Jet Boots in their natural state, using a combination of point-blank casting and Photon Arts... mostly Moment Gale

Sandmind
Apr 6, 2015, 10:09 AM
As a FO/FI (again me :3 ), should I use a rod with splendid recovery or a rod with a damage increase potent like Immediate Justice ?

My main usually roll around as an ice FOFI using the 5% JA latent 10* Talis that Falz Loser like to drop like candy. For PP recovery, use a gunslash, preferably with Atk PP restore latent, that's what I do. I was fine in the past with 140pp. Just make sure your mobbing tech of choice is PP efficient (in my case, gibarta).

As a Bo/Fo, would it be worthwile to re-spec my tree as Fire once Ultimate Lillipa is out? I currently have 20 points in Ice then 10 in both Fire and Lightning... not sure if switching over would be worth it or not; I could also just move the 10 points from Lightning over and specialize in both Fire/Ice... I don't use Lightning all that often

Obligatory: not optimal for eitheir melee or tech'ing.

Now that this is out of the way, before we can help you, it would be nice if we could know your current build and playstyle.

(Note: I have nothing against BOFO, I'm just honestly curious on your playstyle and overall effectiveness.)

Edit:

Use Jet Boots in their natural state, using a combination of point-blank casting and Photon Arts... mostly Moment Gale

If you're not concentrating on mostly casting, you could be better off with a FI sub, which would massively boost the PA side and still be decent at tech damage. BO aren't exactly short on way to regen PP anyways. That is what I rolled when I was playing that style.

PokeminMaster
Apr 6, 2015, 10:17 AM
Now that this is out of the way, before we can help you, it would be nice if we could know your current build and playstyle.

(Note: I have nothing against BOFO, I'm just honestly curious on your playstyle and overall effectiveness.)
I'm aware that it's not the most effective thing, but I honestly started to set up this build well before Episode 3 was actually released... I raised a Fo/Te for the sole purpose of switching over to Bouncer when it came out.

For equipment, I use Zieg's T-ATK set, all at +10 and 90 T-ATK on each. I also have the Ideal Walker+20 with +100 T-ATK.

I'm aware that this isn't the most effective build, but it isn't weak by any means... As for how I play, I use a combination of casting a Photon Arts, generally based on what exactly the situation calls for. I primarily use Rafoie, Gibarta, Gizonde, Sazan, Ilgrants, and Ilmegid (with a little bit of Ilbarta and Namegid for specific situations), as well as Moment Gale (and a little bit of Strike Gust and Vinto Gigue for single targets). To be honest, I know there are stronger builds out there, but I just like the overall style of being a point-blank caster... I'm a bit odd like that

I know I could switch to Fighter, but I really don't have the drive to level it up... I probably will at some point though, but for now it's just level 1

Sandmind
Apr 6, 2015, 10:52 AM
I'm aware that it's not the most effective thing, but I honestly started to set up this build well before Episode 3 was actually released... I raised a Fo/Te for the sole purpose of switching over to Bouncer when it came out.

For equipment, I use Zieg's T-ATK set, all at +10 and 90 T-ATK on each. I also have the Ideal Walker+20 with +100 T-ATK.

I'm aware that this isn't the most effective build, but it isn't weak by any means... As for how I play, I use a combination of casting a Photon Arts, generally based on what exactly the situation calls for. I primarily use Rafoie, Gibarta, Gizonde, Sazan, Ilgrants, and Ilmegid (with a little bit of Ilbarta and Namegid for specific situations), as well as Moment Gale (and a little bit of Strike Gust and Vinto Gigue for single targets). To be honest, I know there are stronger builds out there, but I just like the overall style of being a point-blank caster... I'm a bit odd like that

I know I could switch to Fighter, but I really don't have the drive to level it up... I probably will at some point though, but for now it's just level 1

Yeah, I can fully understand not wanting to level up yet an another class. It was a real chore when I switched from generalist FOTE to pure spec FOFI as a freemium. Not gonna argue with you, I know I myself subbed FI with BO since it was already lv70 and optimized to be subbed for both FO and (melee) TE.

RedRaz0r
Apr 6, 2015, 11:22 AM
I've been trying to fix my girlfriends game so that she can play again. She's having a few issues.
1. Gameguard issues - I tried the fix on the Tweaker and it seemed to work, but it broke again. I tried to fix it again, so far so good.

2. All the ships show up as unknown when she goes to log in. I've tried the following:
-Made exceptions for PSO2 in the firewall
-Tried the Proxy
- Made sure the game is 100% up to date.

Any ideas? Starting to get frustrated.

nathanielzor
Apr 6, 2015, 11:32 AM
I've been trying to fix my girlfriends game so that she can play again. She's having a few issues.
1. Gameguard issues - I tried the fix on the Tweaker and it seemed to work, but it broke again. I tried to fix it again, so far so good.

2. All the ships show up as unknown when she goes to log in. I've tried the following:
-Made exceptions for PSO2 in the firewall
-Tried the Proxy
- Made sure the game is 100% up to date.

Any ideas? Starting to get frustrated.
1. What isuses are you having with gameguard? If you're using the tweaker Gamegaurd should pretty much crash 100% of the time.

2. See if she can connect to pso2.jp and let me know she can't. If she can't it's likely that she will need to use a VPN or Proxy and you might've done the proxy wrong.

RedRaz0r
Apr 6, 2015, 11:58 AM
1. What isuses are you having with gameguard? If you're using the tweaker Gamegaurd should pretty much crash 100% of the time.

2. See if she can connect to pso2.jp and let me know she can't. If she can't it's likely that she will need to use a VPN or Proxy and you might've done the proxy wrong.

Yeah Gameguard usually crashes with the Tweaker on hers. I guess it's not effecting anything because the game still opens lol. I just dont have that happen on mine so I didnt know.

I'll check the site and see if she can connect when I can. I use the proxy at my own house so I'm not sure I could have set it up wrong, but I'll double check. Thanks for the help

nathanielzor
Apr 6, 2015, 12:02 PM
Yeah Gameguard usually crashes with the Tweaker on hers. I guess it's not effecting anything because the game still opens lol. I just dont have that happen on mine so I didnt know.

I'll check the site and see if she can connect when I can. I use the proxy at my own house so I'm not sure I could have set it up wrong, but I'll double check. Thanks for the help
You should test connecting to pso2.jp without a proxy as well because most people no longer need to use the proxy since SEGAs routing issues were mostly fixed. But yeah Tweaker basically force crashes Gameguard so don't worry about that.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 6, 2015, 12:15 PM

Damage increase. Splendid Recovery is basically TAs and that's it.

I'm aware that this isn't the most effective build, but it isn't weak by any means...

Bo/Fo is weak because Force gives you literally no boosts to striking damage, which is what jet boots rely on. You could be doing well over 50% more damage just by subclassing Fighter instead of Force, and you would have better tech damage in every element you don't have maxed mastery skills in whichever Force tree you'd be currently using. Quite frankly, Bo/Fi is by and far the superior class for your own stated playstyle than Bo/Fo is, so you'd be doing yourself a favor in the long run by leveling Fighter.

RedRaz0r
Apr 6, 2015, 01:20 PM
You should test connecting to pso2.jp without a proxy as well because most people no longer need to use the proxy since SEGAs routing issues were mostly fixed. But yeah Tweaker basically force crashes Gameguard so don't worry about that.

She can connect to pso2.jp just fine without a proxy

nathanielzor
Apr 6, 2015, 01:43 PM
She can connect to pso2.jp just fine without a proxy
She won't need a proxy at all to play then. If the problem with the Unknown status is persisting, i'd do a check for missing files and etc. Try using the troubleshooting in the proxy to check for missing files is your best bet.

RedRaz0r
Apr 6, 2015, 02:02 PM
She won't need a proxy at all to play then. If the problem with the Unknown status is persisting, i'd do a check for missing files and etc. Try using the troubleshooting in the proxy to check for missing files is your best bet.

I'll give that a try, thank you

RedRaz0r
Apr 6, 2015, 03:11 PM
I'll give that a try, thank you

Checked for missing files etc, it did a lot of "fixing", still having the unknown ships issue D:

Apr 6, 2015, 05:41 PM
Craft Builders or Craft Makers? If I don't mind the cooldown should I just go Maker?

Perfect Chaos
Apr 6, 2015, 06:35 PM
Craft Builders are useless with how easy it is to obtain Lilliparium. It's only sometimes useful if you are mass crafting simply to level up craft levels, but it would only benefit on the rare chance that it bumps the time down so that you can use one less Lilliparium. So overall, there's really no point in using Builders.