PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

LonelyGaruga
Jun 27, 2015, 10:44 PM
The bonus S-ATK only counts your wand's base T-ATK. No affixes.

Wand Reactor is a separate bonus but not only is the potential tied to bad weapons, it isn't even a good damage increase. You're looking at about +90 S-ATK. It's difficult to find weaker potentials.

By the way, I wrote a guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226714) on Techer that covers basic questions like these. Please check that.

the_importer_
Jun 27, 2015, 11:10 PM
The bonus S-ATK only counts your wand's base T-ATK. No affixes.

Wand Reactor is a separate bonus but not only is the potential tied to bad weapons, it isn't even a good damage increase. You're looking at about +90 S-ATK. It's difficult to find weaker potentials.

By the way, I wrote a guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226714) on Techer that covers basic questions like these. Please check that.

Oh I agree, Magical Wand is a very weak weapon, hence why I was considering crafting it. What do you think, with 1043 S-Attack, would it be worth it or should I try something else like Immediate Justice?

LonelyGaruga
Jun 27, 2015, 11:16 PM
Magical Wand would have +104 S-ATK with Wand Reactor. For wands, which already have the highest S-ATK in the game, that's like 3% to wand strike damage only. It's absolute garbage for a potential.

And Immediate Justice is also bad because it only applies to tech damage. It does not work for either wand strikes or Wand Gear. What you want is a potential that applies to all three types of damage, barring specialized weapons like Elysion (which is worth using just for techs). If you want something cheap and easy to get, Pristine Small Hammer is your best bet. It's 8% EWH and works for wand strikes, Wand Gear, and tech damage, and drops from Magatsu phase 1 so it's pretty easy to acquire.

the_importer_
Jun 27, 2015, 11:41 PM
Magical Wand would have +104 S-ATK with Wand Reactor. For wands, which already have the highest S-ATK in the game, that's like 3% to wand strike damage only. It's absolute garbage for a potential.

And Immediate Justice is also bad because it only applies to tech damage. It does not work for either wand strikes or Wand Gear. What you want is a potential that applies to all three types of damage, barring specialized weapons like Elysion (which is worth using just for techs). If you want something cheap and easy to get, Pristine Small Hammer is your best bet. It's 8% EWH and works for wand strikes, Wand Gear, and tech damage, and drops from Magatsu phase 1 so it's pretty easy to acquire.

Too bad I cubed 3 of those this morning after Magatsu :p

How exactly will a potential for Elemental Weakness help me during Wand Gear's Melee attacks?

LonelyGaruga
Jun 27, 2015, 11:49 PM
There's no difference, it's still an 8% damage increase. It's only the bonus ATK from weapon element that functions differently when matching weakness.

It used to be that only weapon element would get the damage bonus, but that's been long changed so now the full damage of the weapon is affected.

By the way, wand damage works like this

Wand strikes: S-ATK, striking attack, checks an enemy's striking hitzone
Wand Gear: T-ATK, striking attack, checks an enemy's elemental hitzone

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 12:07 AM
There's no difference, it's still an 8% damage increase. It's only the bonus ATK from weapon element that functions differently when matching weakness.

It used to be that only weapon element would get the damage bonus, but that's been long changed so now the full damage of the weapon is affected.

By the way, wand damage works like this

Wand strikes: S-ATK, striking attack, checks an enemy's striking hitzone
Wand Gear: T-ATK, striking attack, checks an enemy's elemental hitzone

Well, I won't get to fight Magatsu until Friday night, so I guess I'll just buy a couple of those. Thanks, guess it's now time to craft, grind and affix.

.Jack
Jun 28, 2015, 01:08 AM
Does a particular enemy drop this or just any random in LQ XH?

http://i.imgur.com/wmaxWnJ.png

LonelyGaruga
Jun 28, 2015, 01:17 AM
It's an area drop for the LQ, any enemy can drop it.

Rakurai
Jun 28, 2015, 01:41 AM
How exactly are you supposed to get credit for Shiki's first client order?

I've tried talking to all three of the characters specified while having an episode 3 matterboard active, but to no avail.

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 01:47 AM
Well, I won't get to fight Magatsu until Friday night, so I guess I'll just buy a couple of those. Thanks, guess it's now time to craft, grind and affix.

Update: Just tried my new Pristine Small Hammer which is fully grinded, potential fully unlocked, fully crafted to Ex L11, with 50 light element and affixed to 5 slots. Pretty good, really enjoying the Wand Gear explosions, very handy in a mob. Also, great to discover that Wand Lover grants unlimited gears, don't even need to recharge now.

Anduril
Jun 28, 2015, 01:54 AM
How exactly are you supposed to get credit for Shiki's first client order?

I've tried talking to all three of the characters specified while having an episode 3 matterboard active, but to no avail.
You might be missing one person, since it is four characters you need to talk to. Zeno and Theodore on the ground floor of the Shopping area, Quna at the top of the Shopping area (circular walkway above the central decoration), and Claris Claes on the second floor of the Gate area.

red1228
Jun 28, 2015, 03:33 AM
Update: Just tried my new Pristine Small Hammer which is fully grinded, potential fully unlocked, fully crafted to Ex L11, with 50 light element and affixed to 5 slots. Pretty good, really enjoying the Wand Gear explosions, very handy in a mob. Also, great to discover that Wand Lover grants unlimited gears, don't even need to recharge now.

Was Extend Lv11 necessary on a Pristine Small Hammer?
Serious question, as my experience with Techer is limited to super far-reaching support spells & watching other Techers make things explode.

I ask, because in terms of just raw stats (excluding weapon potentials): Pristine Small Hammer's 1090 Strike / 965 Tech beats about 1/4 of the 11* wands & is atleast on-par with about half of them.

CoWorker
Jun 28, 2015, 05:23 AM
Was Extend Lv11 necessary on a Pristine Small Hammer?
Serious question, as my experience with Techer is limited to super far-reaching support spells & watching other Techers make things explode.

I ask, because in terms of just raw stats (excluding weapon potentials): Pristine Small Hammer's 1090 Strike / 965 Tech beats about 1/4 of the 11* wands & is atleast on-par with about half of them.

yeah i agree, you dont really need to extend the hammers cuz its already decent as it is

Dephinix
Jun 28, 2015, 05:33 AM
Too lazy to go through all of Swiki for this, but, yeah... before the craft update, 4 T Atk on wands, lose 100 on S Atk at lvl 9... So... ummm.... whaaaaat?!? Please read Garuga's Techer thread.

KazukiQZ
Jun 28, 2015, 05:47 AM
^At max craft level 11 for 10*, wand has 1043/1018 Satk/Tatk. Compared to Pristine SH's 1090/965, I'd say the crafting isn't that necessary.

Counting Wand Reactor:
Uncrafted: 1476 satk
Crafted Lv11: 1450.2 satk

Slight advantages the crafted version has is the slight power-up in tech explosion via higher tatk value (roughly 5% increase), and T-Atk requirement instead of the default Dex. I believe the damage variance is kinda fixed at max craft, but then it's still not 90-100% of the uncrafted version.

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 08:53 AM
^At max craft level 11 for 10*, wand has 1043/1018 Satk/Tatk. Compared to Pristine SH's 1090/965, I'd say the crafting isn't that necessary.

Counting Wand Reactor:
Uncrafted: 1476 satk
Crafted Lv11: 1450.2 satk

Slight advantages the crafted version has is the slight power-up in tech explosion via higher tatk value (roughly 5% increase), and T-Atk requirement instead of the default Dex. I believe the damage variance is kinda fixed at max craft, but then it's still not 90-100% of the uncrafted version.

Well I have enough DEX to balance out that damage variance, but ya, the verdict seems to be out over here. You guys saying that boosting my T-Attack was not worth reducing the S-Attack?

Dephinix
Jun 28, 2015, 09:03 AM
Well I have enough DEX to balance out that damage variance, but ya, the verdict seems to be out over here. You guys saying that boosting my T-Attack was not worth reducing the S-Attack?

Where did you get this dex from? If you mean from mag, then yes, this and crafting worked against you.

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 09:28 AM
Where did you get this dex from? If you mean from mag, then yes, this and crafting worked against you.

When I became a full crafter for 10★ Tech Weapons, I came here to ask about DEX. Some nice fellow pointed me to this wonderful topic:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222297

Using the formula for my Rods: (0.45 * 1130) - 235 + 360 = 633.5 (let's say we round that up to 634 for convenience).

634 - 449 (Fo/Te based EX) = 185 left to get:

90 total on my units (5 slots) + 50 for Brisa's Set Effect + 30 on each of my Weapons (5 slots) = 170

Missing 15 DEX which a level cap increase will fix, but for now, I took back my first Mag which I screwed up by adding some DEX. It's currently at 185 T-Attack and 5 DEX, but with the Lv200 Mag increase coming out July, I'll give it that extra 10 DEX and will keep using it until we can get our characters to Lv80.

Of course, that's overkill for my new Wand since I have more than I need, I'm but not gonna affix another set of units just for a little excess of DEX.

NEW QUESTION:

Regarding a Techer Tree, I'll be putting points in everything Wand related as well as Shifta Advance & Strike, but what about the rest. Since my Wand is 50 Light element, would I cause bigger tech explosions by putting 20 points in Light Mastery? If so, would elemental weakness help as well?

What about PP Restorate and PP Convert, since I'll be doing some heavy meleeing, if it worth having both, I mean hitting with weapon restores PP anyway.

Senshi
Jun 28, 2015, 09:29 AM
Do bow braver and gunner use same type mag as ranger? ie ranged?

Morgan Fumi
Jun 28, 2015, 09:49 AM
Do bow braver and gunner use same type mag as ranger? ie ranged?

Yes. They're all ranged.

Perfect Chaos
Jun 28, 2015, 09:57 AM
When I became a full crafter for 10★ Tech Weapons, I came here to ask about DEX. Some nice fellow pointed me to this wonderful topic:

Using the formula for my Rods: (0.45 * 1130) - 235 + 360 = 633.5 (let's say we round that up to 634 for convenience).

634 - 449 (Fo/Te based EX) = 185 left to get:

90 total on my units (5 slots) + 50 for Brisa's Set Effect + 30 on each of my Weapons (5 slots) = 170

Missing 15 DEX which a level cap increase will fix, but for now, I took back my first Mag which I screwed up by adding some DEX. It's currently at 185 T-Attack and 5 DEX, but with the Lv200 Mag increase coming out July, I'll give it that extra 10 DEX and will keep using it until we can get our characters to Lv80.

Of course, that's overkill for my new Wand since I have more than I need, I'm but not gonna affix another set of units just for a little excess of DEX.Just FYI, the "360 DEX for Level 70 enemies" said in that thread is inaccurate. That's more for level 65 enemies. Level 70 regular enemies can have up to 400 DEX, and some Level 70 bosses have 425 DEX. Certain level 80 bosses also have 482 DEX, which is crazy high.

The 235 DEX bonus for 10* crafted weapon applies to lv10 extension. Lv11 extension will most likely have more bonus DEX (exact values are currently not known, as far as I know) to make up some of the difference, but not 122 DEX's worth of a difference.

You'll need roughly 700 DEX to get the 90% variance cap on those, so you're still roughly 80 DEX short. So your current variance minimum is around 74%, I would say.

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 10:35 AM
Just FYI, the "360 DEX for Level 70 enemies" said in that thread is inaccurate. That's more for level 65 enemies. Level 70 regular enemies can have up to 400 DEX, and some Level 70 bosses have 425 DEX. Certain level 80 bosses also have 482 DEX, which is crazy high.

The 235 DEX bonus for 10* crafted weapon applies to lv10 extension. Lv11 extension will most likely have more bonus DEX (exact values are currently not known, as far as I know) to make up some of the difference, but not 122 DEX's worth of a difference.

You'll need roughly 700 DEX to get the 90% variance cap on those, so you're still roughly 80 DEX short. So your current variance minimum is around 74%, I would say.

Hmm, and how much DEX would you say that Zeshrayda on SH has cause he's been my guinea pig for these tests by using a crafted Divine Amaterasu and an uncrafted one. The damage variance percentage between the 2 was pretty much the same, only difference is that the crafted one did a lot more damage.

Also, how exactly do you know the DEX of enemies anyway? I can't even find such info on the JPN Wiki.

Dephinix
Jun 28, 2015, 10:35 AM

Saw OP, ded. Saw post reiterating things can be more sketchy than I thought, ded. Not to mention the dates posted. Should probably cite something more recent in general. I hope this nice fellow didn't point you there too long ago.

As far as a quick glimpse, all their boxes are empty, which makes sense to me, seems like a negligible amount to ask a large group of people to record.

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 10:59 AM
Saw OP, ded. Saw post reiterating things can be more sketchy than I thought, ded. Not to mention the dates posted. Should probably cite something more recent in general. I hope this nice fellow didn't point you there too long ago.

As far as a quick glimpse, all their boxes are empty, which makes sense to me, seems like a negligible amount to ask a large group of people to record.

The only thing I understood about what you wrote is that (I think) you're saying that this formula is old or something. I was pointed to this topic at the beginning of the month, so ya, not long ago. This topic actually refers to a Reddit post from last October. If you recall, we had an update for crafting in October to improve the damage variance: http://tinyurl.com/o59kl2d

So assuming that the guy who posted this used the craft changes from October, I'd say it's probably still relevant, unless we had more changes afterwards that I was not aware of.

Perfect Chaos
Jun 28, 2015, 12:14 PM
Hmm, and how much DEX would you say that Zeshrayda on SH has cause he's been my guinea pig for these tests by using a crafted Divine Amaterasu and an uncrafted one. The damage variance percentage between the 2 was pretty much the same, only difference is that the crafted one did a lot more damage.

Also, how exactly do you know the DEX of enemies anyway? I can't even find such info on the JPN Wiki.I'm not sure if Zeshrayda falls under the "high DEX boss" group (probably not), as swiki doesn't list specific DEX for most enemies (it's hard enough to test for an exact DEX value for one enemy, so it's understandable that they don't have the data for most enemies). The damage calculator, which was made by some of the people that do rigorous tests for swiki, lists the DEX ranges/caps for the different enemy groups. Swiki's Enemy Status page also lists Diabo's DEX at 482, so I assume all Ultimate bosses would have similar values. I would also assume super bosses should have super high DEX, as well.
Anyway, back to Zeshrayda. A level 65 one probably has 360 DEX, so with your current DEX, your 10* crafted Rod should have 90% minimum variance on it. It's barely enough to achieve that, though, since Rods have a high attack value. Against higher level enemies, you'll start to see a decrease in the minimum value of the variance range.

@Dephinix: The formula on that post/thread should still be applicable. The only thing that has changed since then are the addition of gold-tier weapon craft levels, so with the amount of hidden DEX that they give being unknown, an exact value to plug into one of the variables is missing. That, and higher level enemies with DEX values higher than the calculations on that post uses, so take the calculated numbers in that post with a grain of salt. That post is still effective for people that actually use it to understand how the formula works, though, and not just use those calculated numbers.

LonelyGaruga
Jun 28, 2015, 12:19 PM
For level 80 enemies, 619 DEX should get you 90% minimum damage for wands, but it's barely any increase in damage for a lot of money spent considering you even get lower S-ATK for the work.

NEW QUESTION:

Regarding a Techer Tree, I'll be putting points in everything Wand related as well as Shifta Advance & Strike, but what about the rest. Since my Wand is 50 Light element, would I cause bigger tech explosions by putting 20 points in Light Mastery? If so, would elemental weakness help as well?

What about PP Restorate and PP Convert, since I'll be doing some heavy meleeing, if it worth having both, I mean hitting with weapon restores PP anyway.

You've been asking Techer questions for five pages, and just about every single one of them you could have found the answer on your own along with a hell of a lot more information that would be very beneficial to you if you just read my guide. Granted, a couple were asked before I suggested reading it, but holy shit. I understand the Quick Questions thread is convenient for asking every little thing that comes to mind, but there's convenience, and then there's just laziness.

Perfect Chaos
Jun 28, 2015, 12:32 PM
Using max Silva-tier Craft Extension's DEX bonus values and regular Level 80 enemies' DEX value of 414, you'd need 626 DEX for 90% on the S-ATK portion of 11* Wands. But since this is a 10* Wand we're talking about, 634 DEX is needed. It's all a matter of how much of an improvement Gold-tier's DEX bonus is...

But yeah... Either way, it's really not worth the effort for that.

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 01:17 PM
@Perfect Chaos

High DEX is something I was expecting from Ult enemies (they got high everything anyway), but it doesn't really concern me or 99% of people on my ship. Don't know how it is for you on Ship 02, but no one plays Ult on Ship 06 anymore, I had to solo with 1 guy in order to do my reverse Bingo card (still missing 1 square).

As for Lv80, I'll try to do a recording of the current LQ on XH and compare the damage variance I do to the bosses Vs the ones on SH. This should give me a general idea if the difference is worth or not.

For level 80 enemies, 619 DEX should get you 90% minimum damage for wands, but it's barely any increase in damage for a lot of money spent considering you even get lower S-ATK for the work.

Well this brings me back to the question of this morning, did I do the right thing to sacrifice S-Attack for T-Attack? It costs a cube and 300K to uncraft it, so no big deal if I have to, just give me those magic numbers.

Off-topic, your guide on Techer is pretty good. I couldn't really do more than speed read it yesterday since I had an allergy crisis and concentration between sneezing and dripping mucus is no easy task. But ya, just finished reading it over an hour ago, good stuff.

That being said, one question remains concerning skill trees that I didn't see in your guide. Will the Tech explosions do more damage if I use Light Mastery?

LonelyGaruga
Jun 28, 2015, 01:23 PM
I said that they don't in the guide, but if you were having issues with allergies then I guess it's easy to miss that. But I also pretty much said it earlier in this thread too. Element Mastery skills specify tech damage. Wand Gear is a striking attack. Wand Gear doesn't get the damage bonus from them.

Anyway, the crafting thing gave you a couple % more damage so it's beneficial...as long as your damage variance is actually maxed out. You'd have done better to have affixed more ATK instead of DEX in the first place, but I guess that isn't an option.

By the way, you could have just waited for the next LQ to have done your bingo. Every single enemy that it requires spawns there, and it looks like it could be a preset quest so the spawns would be guaranteed.

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 01:43 PM
I said that they don't in the guide, but if you were having issues with allergies then I guess it's easy to miss that. But I also pretty much said it earlier in this thread too. Element Mastery skills specify tech damage. Wand Gear is a striking attack. Wand Gear doesn't get the damage bonus from them.

Indeed you did, guess I'm not as fully recovered as I thought I was. I think I'll go to bed early tonight.

By the way, you could have just waited for the next LQ to have done your bingo. Every single enemy that it requires spawns there, and it looks like it could be a preset quest so the spawns would be guaranteed.

I know, I was just looking for something to do while waiting for my craft lines to cool off that didn't require me getting off my couch during my allergies.

EDIT: OK, so for those you who are interested, new tree for Techer as a melee class: http://tinyurl.com/pmusmn8

EDIT2: Forget about re-affixing the Weapon, Add Special Ability (S-ATK) cost 8.3 million, not worth it :(

diamondx
Jun 28, 2015, 02:26 PM
so is it safe to craft elyison wand which is the 11 star weapons yes or no? My dex is 460 right now.

diamondx
Jun 28, 2015, 02:27 PM
Indeed you did, guess I'm not as fully recovered as I thought I was. I think I'll go to bed early tonight.

Well the Wand has T-Attack IV, S-Attack IV, Stamina IV, Ragne Soul and Arm III. I could always:
-Uncraft it
-Buy an Add Special Ability (S-ATK)
-Buy 2 cheap weapons with S-Attack IV & Stamina IV
-Buy 2 cheap weapons with Ragne Soul & T-Attack IV
-Re-affix it if you think it will make a difference

so is it safe to craft elyison wand which is the 11 star weapons yes or no? My dex is 460 right now.

I know, I was just looking for something to do while waiting for my craft lines to cool off that didn't require me getting off my couch during my allergies.

EDIT: OK, so for those you who are interested, new tree for Techer as a melee class: http://tinyurl.com/pmusmn8

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 02:30 PM

460 only 11 more than my base DEX, so I'd say no.

PS: You double posted your question.

P51mus
Jun 28, 2015, 02:38 PM
I haven't crafted any units before, so how do I get something crafted to level 8 special? Do I have to craft it up to 7 and then the option of using level 8 special on it opens up?

Also, what does All Resist mean in Pso2? Striking/ranged/tech resist? Fire/lightning/ice/light/wind/darkness resist? Both?

Anduril
Jun 28, 2015, 02:42 PM
I haven't crafted any units before, so how do I get something crafted to level 8 special? Do I have to craft it up to 7 and then the option of using level 8 special on it opens up?

Also, what does All Resist mean in Pso2? Striking/ranged/tech resist? Fire/lightning/ice/light/wind/darkness resist? Both?
To get lv8 special by yourself, you need to be lv20 Equipment Extend, then do the lv.3 version of the special (this unlocks the lv.8 recipe). Then extend up to lv.7, and use lv.8 special; alternatively, extend up to lv.7 and find a crafter with lv.8 special.
As for All Resist, I think it is both damage and elemental resistance.

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 02:57 PM

Well, this is the route for crafting units to what you want:

Not Craft
 ┃
ExLv1
 ┃
ExLv2
 ┣━━━━━┓
ExLv3━━━ specialized ExLv3
 ┣━━━━━┛      
ExLv4
 ┃
ExLv5
 ┃
ExLv6
 ┃
ExLv7
 ┣━━━━━┓
ExLv8━━━ specialized ExLv8

IMPO, only reason to craft units is to get more PP, so Special EX Lv8 Shooting Defense [PP], the other 2 are not worth the investment, regardless if you're crafting yourself or having someone else do it for you.

For your 2nd question, take a look at the resistance section on this page: http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/abilities.php#nav
All Resist will apply to all the types above it. That being said, it can't be transferred as an ability, so your units need to have it from the get go.

Morgan Fumi
Jun 28, 2015, 03:49 PM
What are the three best Advanced Quests to rotate between on VH?

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 03:57 PM
What are the three best Advanced Quests to rotate between on VH?

I don't think there's any best or worst, depends which weapon you want to get at the end of the day. Sure, Forest is easy, but if it doesn't give you the small stones that you can trade for the large stones you need for that weapon, then it's pointless to do it.

Here, this is something I made for myself. Ignore the math, that was just for my own run time calculations. Just look at the Weapon you need on the right and match the set on the left:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17BJwbje2_HEBPSPNs8MPQfqCoUYL7s610bsWV06oR4Q/edit#gid=0

LonelyGaruga
Jun 28, 2015, 04:05 PM
There are lots of other, better reasons to run VHAQs than weapons, such as clones (Modulator weapons/units to sell) and EXP. There's not much need to rotate in VH though, since the cost is just 1. Pretty easy to amass a stock of caps and never need to rotate again, or ask someone that does have a stockpile to pay for everyone.

City is the best VHAQ for power leveling (especially on AQ boost days, it's quite easy to amass 1m+ EXP from a burst with a 75% and a full party). Clone spawn rate should be more or less the same among all AQs, same with Apprentice Doppelganger.

Can't really answer for the other VHAQs because there's like no reason to run them when City is so good.

Morgan Fumi
Jun 28, 2015, 04:44 PM
Exactly. The experience from Urban is amazing.

Fair point on the capsules, just stockpiling capsules should be enough to last a long time.

Broken_L_button
Jun 28, 2015, 07:17 PM
For your 2nd question, take a look at the resistance section on this page: http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/abilities.php#nav
All Resist will apply to all the types above it. That being said, it can't be transferred as an ability, so your units need to have it from the get go.

That's no longer exact.

Blow Res+ Shoot Res + Mind Res OR Flame Res + Ice Res + Shock Res OR Wind Res + Light Res + Gloom Res = All Res

Synthesis/transfer rates are the same as ability.

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 07:47 PM
That's no longer exact.

Blow Res+ Shoot Res + Mind Res OR Flame Res + Ice Res + Shock Res OR Wind Res + Light Res + Gloom Res = All Res

Good, now go tell Cirno to update it's site.

LonelyGaruga
Jun 28, 2015, 07:51 PM
Not only has Cirno not updated for over two months, it was never a reliable source of information to begin with. Use swiki (http://pso2.swiki.jp/) instead. Cirno is mainly useful for EN names and that's pretty much it.

Pretty sure All Res has been something that can be synthesized through that method for a long time anyway.

the_importer_
Jun 28, 2015, 08:13 PM
Not only has Cirno not updated for over two months, it was never a reliable source of information to begin with. Use swiki (http://pso2.swiki.jp/) instead. Cirno is mainly useful for EN names and that's pretty much it.

Pretty sure All Res has been something that can be synthesized through that method for a long time anyway.

Main issue with the Japanese Wiki is that it's not always easy to find info due to the nature of translation software like the one in Chrome. I manage, but finding about things like that All-Resist thing wouldn't be something that I would have casually found from a typical reading like I did on Cirno.

P51mus
Jun 28, 2015, 08:29 PM
That's no longer exact.

But....all resist actually counts as all of the resistances in one? all types and elements?

I'm mostly thinking special tech unit craft granting 4 all resist sounds pretty nice defensively if that's true.

dekopong
Jun 28, 2015, 08:35 PM
But....all resist actually counts as all of the resistances in one? all types and elements?

I'm mostly thinking special tech unit craft granting 4 all resist sounds pretty nice defensively if that's true.

Yes, it grants resistance against all types and elements, but note that generally pumping up HP is better. (even if your hp is 1000, +50hp ≒ 5% res) And if I recall correctly, doesn't the special tech unit craft only grant elemental resistance? Sorry if I'm wrong.

P51mus
Jun 28, 2015, 10:43 PM
I dunno. Cirnopedia says the recipe gives all resist, but it could be wrong.

LonelyGaruga
Jun 28, 2015, 10:47 PM
Main issue with the Japanese Wiki is that it's not always easy to find info due to the nature of translation software like the one in Chrome. I manage, but finding about things like that All-Resist thing wouldn't be something that I would have casually found from a typical reading like I did on Cirno.

swiki has a section (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%89%B9%E6%AE%8A%E8%83%BD%E5%8A%9B%E8% BF%BD%E5%8A%A0#l95810b5) in the affix page specifically detailing synthesis recipes for All Resist. You'd have to be blind to miss it. It's even on the table of contents.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 28, 2015, 10:48 PM
Is Limited Quest Boost Day Rare 100% like AQ?

LonelyGaruga
Jun 28, 2015, 10:51 PM
Ship 02 has a 100% rare boost to all quests right now from the Arkuma ship competition.

final_attack
Jun 28, 2015, 10:56 PM

All resist gives all-elemental resistance along with striking + tech + shot resistance.
Note : StrikingResistance is at +8, because I have BlowResist3 affixed too. Normally it's just +3
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/iGy3d/8df8ccdc05.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

While special tech unit crafting only gives all-elemental resistance and tech resistance only (no striking and shot resist).

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 28, 2015, 11:19 PM
Ship 02 has a 100% rare boost to all quests right now from the Arkuma ship competition.

What will the Limited Quest Boost Day for tomorrow specifically give?

Asuka~
Jun 29, 2015, 05:29 PM
Hi. I have two questions. One of which is how much in % do I get penalised EXP-wise when fighting mobs at Level 70 when I'm Level 54. Also, how much additional EXP do you get when in a 4-man party?

Thanks

Anduril
Jun 29, 2015, 06:41 PM
Hi. I have two questions. One of which is how much in % do I get penalised EXP-wise when fighting mobs at Level 70 when I'm Level 54. Also, how much additional EXP do you get when in a 4-man party?

Thanks
68% EXP at lv.54 vs lv.70 enemies. +40% EXP with a 4-player party (This is a multiplicative boost, rather than additive like with other EXP boosts, so with a 30% Daily Triboost, a 75% EXP Booster, and a 100% Triboost, you are getting a total boost of ~427% EXP [(100 base EXP+30 DTB +75 EXP +100 TB)+.4(100+30+75+100)] rather than the expected 345% EXP, according to the page).

Source (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3F%25E7%25B4%25AF%25E7%25A9%258D%25E7%25 B5%258C%25E9%25A8%2593%25E5%2580%25A4&usg=ALkJrhj5BXejG3L6Jgxa88M9Nq986hq10g)

Asuka~
Jun 29, 2015, 07:39 PM
68% EXP at lv.54 vs lv.70 enemies. +40% EXP with a 4-player party (This is a multiplicative boost, rather than additive like with other EXP boosts, so with a 30% Daily Triboost, a 75% EXP Booster, and a 100% Triboost, you are getting a total boost of ~427% EXP [(100 base EXP+30 DTB +75 EXP +100 TB)+.4(100+30+75+100)] rather than the expected 345% EXP, according to the page).

Source (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3F%25E7%25B4%25AF%25E7%25A9%258D%25E7%25 B5%258C%25E9%25A8%2593%25E5%2580%25A4&usg=ALkJrhj5BXejG3L6Jgxa88M9Nq986hq10g)

Oh wow... No wonder why it seemed like I was getting crazy EXP in a 4-man party during LQ. Time to get that party maker rolling! o/

Eternal255
Jun 29, 2015, 08:30 PM
On the PS Vita version of PSO2, I know you can change the button layout for combat/movement, but I can't seem to figure out if you can change menu buttons and such? I really would like to swap X & O buttons; is this possible?

Rain Walker
Jun 29, 2015, 08:50 PM
On the PS Vita version of PSO2, I know you can change the button layout for combat/movement, but I can't seem to figure out if you can change menu buttons and such? I really would like to swap X & O buttons; is this possible?

Nope you can't :-?

GHNeko
Jun 30, 2015, 03:36 AM
Dex modifier for PAs; what is it about?

Does it make it take some of your dex to add to power if its at 110% or something?

Kondibon
Jun 30, 2015, 03:58 AM
Dex modifier for PAs; what is it about?

Does it make it take some of your dex to add to power if its at 110% or something?I believe it's a modifier for damage variance that treats it like you have 10% more dex than you actually do.

Amazing Ampharos
Jun 30, 2015, 04:07 AM
So, does anyone know if emblems are going to drop in the new LQ as well? I've been figuring not even though for some reason Xie's shop is going to stick around for a long time, but I'm at 577 golds right now and see that in the next week I'll definitely hit 600 and will definitely not hit 1200 so there seems to be little purpose to run LQ for me beyond getting those last 23. Is that correct?

Memo
Jun 30, 2015, 04:36 AM
Wanted to double check, is there maintenance tomorrow?

Was sure that I've read somewhere that there will be no maintenance tomorrow.

Z-0
Jun 30, 2015, 04:38 AM
There is maint.

Memo
Jun 30, 2015, 04:44 AM
Alright, thank you Z-0

Rakurai
Jun 30, 2015, 05:10 AM
So, does anyone know if emblems are going to drop in the new LQ as well? I've been figuring not even though for some reason Xie's shop is going to stick around for a long time, but I'm at 577 golds right now and see that in the next week I'll definitely hit 600 and will definitely not hit 1200 so there seems to be little purpose to run LQ for me beyond getting those last 23. Is that correct?

They do drop in the new LQ.

GHNeko
Jun 30, 2015, 03:29 PM
Anyone know what the max range for sharpshooter is? I am trying to see if its at least long enough to stay active for Ilbarta's max range.

Perfect Chaos
Jun 30, 2015, 05:45 PM
I heard that in Sanctum Time Attack, during the last room, if you hit the Caterdran from the two buttons close to it, you'll get Sharpshooter, but if you're at the two buttons on the far side of it, you won't get it. So the max is somewhere between the two.

wefwq
Jun 30, 2015, 07:02 PM
On dudu simulator, what is this checkbox for?
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/iIRf4.png[/spoiler-box]

Perfect Chaos
Jun 30, 2015, 07:14 PM
If all of your fodders are the exact same weapon/unit as the base, you get a 1.15 multiplier on your success rate before applying +X% items and such.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 1, 2015, 12:13 AM
Is this still accurate for EXP penalty?

If the level difference is 15 or less, then you get the full amount of exp.
If the level difference is 16, then you get 68% of the exp.
If the level difference is 17, then you get 66% of the exp.
If the level difference is 18, then you get 64% of the exp.
If the level difference is 19, then you get 62% of the exp.
If the level difference is 20, then you get 60% of the exp.

Anduril
Jul 1, 2015, 01:56 AM
Is this still accurate for EXP penalty?
By all accounts, yes.

wefwq
Jul 1, 2015, 02:18 AM
If all of your fodders are the exact same weapon/unit as the base, you get a 1.15 multiplier on your success rate before applying +X% items and such.
That's kind of neat, thanks for the answer.

Trail
Jul 1, 2015, 01:03 PM
Long time PSO I,II,IV player here. I am starting pso2 today for the first time (hopefully).

1. My favorite thing to do in pso was FoMar but melee. What is most similar is pso2? I know thats an odd combo, also does it even matter with class switching?

2. I haven't been able to find anything on this but is pso there were certain classes had bonus to specific tech ie fonewarl had damage bonus to foi zonde barta... is there anything similar to that in PSO2?

Thanks!

Dammy
Jul 1, 2015, 01:16 PM
Long time PSO I,II,IV player here. I am starting pso2 today for the first time (hopefully).

1. My favorite thing to do in pso was FoMar but melee. What is most similar is pso2? I know thats an odd combo, also does it even matter with class switching?

2. I haven't been able to find anything on this but is pso there were certain classes had bonus to specific tech ie fonewarl had damage bonus to foi zonde barta... is there anything similar to that in PSO2?

Thanks!

1)techer is kinda similiar if you take melee/hybrid subclass, i do like this style of gameplay in pso1&2

2)not yet, only stat differences
even cast can use techs in pso2, just a bit weaker

red1228
Jul 1, 2015, 01:21 PM

Thanks!

1. All four races in PSO2 can play any class combo in this game with no more than a 5% difference in base stats (even at opposite spectrums; like Female Newman Hunter or Male Cast Hunter). Also, class changing can be done anytime outside of missions. All Levels gained on whatever class you're playing is saved to that class, so don't worry about losing all level progression on a class if you switch.

2. None of the classes have "inherit bonuses" on their own, but:
Force does have skill perks to improve Fire/Ice/Thunder techs by a large amount.
Techer has skill perks to greatly improve Wind/Light/Dark techs (aswell as a perk to give a smaller boost to all elemental-advantage damage).
Braver has a Stance* that greatly improves your damage whenever you hit an enemy weakspot or use a technique that has an elemental-advantage over the enemy.
Bouncer has a Stance* that improves your damage whenever you hit (non-spell weapon attack) with correct elemental-advantage.

* A stance is basically a 12+ minute buff that can be toggled on & off (5 second cooldown between each use).

Trail
Jul 1, 2015, 01:27 PM
Thanks! Now if my pc could hurry up and get the last four gigs downloaded

gone4
Jul 1, 2015, 05:47 PM
Does anyone know how many times Heavenly Kite hits? I think it's around 8~11.

n_n
Jul 1, 2015, 05:48 PM
Does anyone know how many times Heavenly Kite hits? I think it's around 8~11.
10 times.

gone4
Jul 1, 2015, 05:51 PM
10 times.

Oh I see, thanks for confirming that. Do you happen to know how many times the DB photon blades hit with gears 1, 2 and 3? I think it's around 2,4 and 6 for each gear respectively.

n_n
Jul 1, 2015, 05:52 PM
Oh I see, thanks for confirming that. Do you happen to know how many times the DB photon blades hit with gears 1, 2 and 3? I think it's around 2,4 and 6 for each gear respectively.
Yes, that is correct.

gone4
Jul 1, 2015, 05:58 PM
Yes, that is correct.

I see, that is very helpful, so it would be a total of 16 hits with kite and full gear. I heard there was a also damage boost for having gear with DB as well and it varies for each gear level?

n_n
Jul 1, 2015, 05:59 PM
I see, that is very helpful, so it would be a total of 16 hits with kite and full gear. I heard there was a also damage boost for having gear with DB as well and it varies for each gear level?
Yes, here are the values:

Gear0 = 10%
Gear1 = 10.5%
Gear2 = 11%
Gear3 = 12%

Achelousaurus
Jul 1, 2015, 06:05 PM
We're about to get the Gal Gryphon LQ, is it gonna be a second one or will it actually replace the current one?

n_n
Jul 1, 2015, 06:07 PM
We're about to get the Gal Gryphon LQ, is it gonna be a second one or will it actually replace the current one?
I believe it's going to replace the LQ we have at the moment.

gone4
Jul 1, 2015, 06:13 PM
Does elemental pp restorate (at level 1) affect all of normal attacks of a weapon? So each TMG hit would mean +1pp extra over the original restore amount when it's the enemies weakness?

Are DB photon blades also affected and does each hit give +1pp extra?

Nuai
Jul 2, 2015, 12:15 AM
Anyone know how to get the gun from the last boss in the matter board 3-1? I killed that boss in the dungeon called ''game of black and white'' 2 times but didn't get the weapon still. Is it rare drop? in that case how often does it drop?

Shadowth117
Jul 2, 2015, 12:27 AM
Anyone know how to get the gun from the last boss in the matter board 3-1? I killed that boss in the dungeon called ''game of black and white'' 2 times but didn't get the weapon still. Is it rare drop? in that case how often does it drop?

Make sure you're in the right level range for one thing. But yeah as long as you're killing it and NOT getting the weapon and you're fighting the right level of enemy, there should be a progress bar that goes up on the matter board for that matter.

No matter what once you hit that you will get what you need. Until then, you may or may not get it. In episode 1 and 2, some of these are assured no matter what the first time, but episode 3 doesn't share this if I recall correctly.

Nuai
Jul 2, 2015, 12:30 AM
Make sure you're in the right level range for one thing. But yeah as long as you're killing it and NOT getting the weapon and you're fighting the right level of enemy, there should be a progress bar that goes up on the matter board for that matter.

No matter what once you hit that you will get what you need. Until then, you may or may not get it. In episode 1 and 2, some of these are assured no matter what the first time, but episode 3 doesn't share this if I recall correctly.

So i don't really need the weapon to progress in the story then? Since it has a crown on it i'm guessing it's done?

Edit: Sorry read it wrong :P the progress bar doesn't go up, it doesn't have anything filled or so. I'm guessing i'm doing something wrong here?

Anduril
Jul 2, 2015, 12:45 AM
So i don't really need the weapon to progress in the story then? Since it has a crown on it i'm guessing it's done?

Edit: Sorry read it wrong :P the progress bar doesn't go up, it doesn't have anything filled or so. I'm guessing i'm doing something wrong here?
Matterboard items don't drop in story missions, you can only get it to drop from Free Field Shironia.

Nuai
Jul 2, 2015, 01:02 AM
Matterboard items don't drop in story missions, you can only get it to drop from Free Field Shironia.

I don't seem to have free field shironia unlocked but koffie has a quest that i need to do there too. Any idea how i'm going to unlock it?

Anduril
Jul 2, 2015, 01:04 AM
I don't seem to have free field shironia unlocked but koffie has a quest that i need to do there too. Any idea how i'm going to unlock it?
Accept Koffie's CO and do the ARKS Quests that it requires.

Nuai
Jul 2, 2015, 01:43 AM
Accept Koffie's CO and do the ARKS Quests that it requires.

thank you! :)

Achelousaurus
Jul 2, 2015, 04:27 AM
I see, thanks.
Can you get 13* badges from the second LQ as well?
Oh and can you get badges from difficulties below XH?

Dammy
Jul 2, 2015, 05:10 AM
I see, thanks.
Can you get 13* badges from the second LQ as well?
Oh and can you get badges from difficulties below XH?

1) yes
2)no, silver at most

Nuai
Jul 2, 2015, 06:29 AM
Anyone know how to unlock sub class? i've done koffies quest regarding the sub class but don't know what to do after that since nothing else happens. Also how do i use my mag skill? it's darked out when i'm in dungeons so i'm guessing it only works at special times?

Kondibon
Jul 2, 2015, 06:31 AM
Anyone know how to unlock sub class? i've done koffies quest regarding the sub class but don't know what to do after that since nothing else happens.After you do the CO you can choose and change your subclass at the class counter just like your main class.

KazukiQZ
Jul 2, 2015, 06:32 AM
1) yes
2)no, silver at most
You can get gold badges from SH and below, but very rare via EC rewards.

Lostbob117
Jul 2, 2015, 08:21 AM
The more I extend*** a weapon, the more constant the damage becomes, right?

EDIT: MAJOR TYPO

Dammy
Jul 2, 2015, 08:28 AM
You can get gold badges from SH and below, but very rare via EC rewards.

oh, sorry for the wrong info
i have played at sh for a hour and didnt get a single gold badge, so i thought so

Achelousaurus
Jul 2, 2015, 09:05 AM
Thanks again.
Looks like early farming time is over soon but at least I haven't spammed LQ for nothing and can still get enough badges for at least one weapon.

red1228
Jul 2, 2015, 09:18 AM
The more I affix a weapon, the more constant the damage becomes, right?

Dexterity & Weapon Rank affect damage variance, not having a bunch of affixes on it. I believe 10* & up weapons are "hard locked" to do 90-100% of their damage regardless... unless extended.

If your weapon is extended/crafted, you will need to raise its Ex-Level until the crafting process needs "Silver" grade materials. Doing so brings its Damage Variance to a much more manageable 80-100%. Some DEX stat on your mag (nearly all the "Super serious top-optimized-only players will tell you to avoid doing that), Saiki 11* units or DEX affixes on your gear will make that near/at " 10* & up " damage variance.

Avoid the 7* Red & Blue named weapons at all costs. Even though some of them look cool & they have very high stats for such low ranked weapons (raw stats being on par with 10* weapons); their damage variance is something like 40-100% of projected damage. They also do not have any weapon potentials. Which means that they are missing out on an additional +3 ~ 20% damage.

tl;dr
If you want more consistent damage, either use higher ranked weapons or raise your DEX stat.

Lostbob117
Jul 2, 2015, 09:23 AM
Dexterity & Weapon Rank affect damage variance, not having a bunch of affixes on it. I believe 10* & up weapons are "hard locked" to do 90-100% of their damage regardless... unless extended.

If your weapon is extended/crafted, you will need to raise its Ex-Level until the crafting process needs "Silver" grade materials. Doing so brings its Damage Variance to a much more manageable 80-100%. Some DEX stat on your mag (nearly all the "Super serious top-optimized-only players will tell you to avoid doing that), Saiki 11* units or DEX affixes on your gear will make that near/at " 10* & up " damage variance.

Avoid the 7* Red & Blue named weapons at all costs. Even though some of them look cool & they have very high stats for such low ranked weapons (raw stats being on par with 10* weapons); their damage variance is something like 40-100% of projected damage. They also do not have any weapon potentials. Which means that they are missing out on an additional +3 ~ 20% damage.

tl;dr
If you want more consistent damage, either use higher ranked weapons or raise your DEX stat.
wait, my bad. I meant extend and for some reason typed affix.

diamondx
Jul 2, 2015, 10:29 AM
I am a level 75 fighter, I like using double saber, knuckles, and gunslash. what is the best photon arts setup for the following double saber for max power damage. what is the best photon arts setup for knuckles for max power damage. What is the best photon arts setup for gunslash? I am using a againsts monster mobs and bosses. Also small note what about the twin daggers are they any good, if so what is the best setup for them too as well? What is the best element to use in all attackes fire, ice, dark, light, lightning or wind?

Senshi
Jul 2, 2015, 10:30 AM
Question about screenshots. I have the game on max settings, but when I take screenshot, it's like lowest quality, no antialiasing at all.

What's the secret for better quality? Should I use something like fraps to take screens?

Sora3100
Jul 2, 2015, 10:48 AM
Tried png in the options?

wefwq
Jul 2, 2015, 10:59 AM
Question about screenshots. I have the game on max settings, but when I take screenshot, it's like lowest quality, no antialiasing at all.

What's the secret for better quality? Should I use something like fraps to take screens?
If you enchance the game graphic effect using third-party program probably the build-in screenshot feature can't capture the effects, you have to use different program like fraps, yeah.

Kondibon
Jul 2, 2015, 11:05 AM
wait, my bad. I meant extend and for some reason typed affix.Extended weapons using the silva or higher materials have less damage variance than lower extend levels, but more than rare weapons. It's a hard increase rather than gradual, and as far as I know it doesn't go any higher.

Senshi
Jul 2, 2015, 12:32 PM
Tried png in the options?

If you enchance the game graphic effect using third-party program...

I have changed capture to png. I also tried scaling the 1080 image down (similar to oversampling) that didn't do much either. Not using any third party program tho, it looks pretty good in game but screenshots are so. meh.

Only thing left would be to render at twice monitor resolution and downsample, but not sure if it's even possible with pso2.

Thanks for suggestions.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 2, 2015, 01:24 PM
Since bumped isnt updated with exact %.

Whats the boost for Limited quest today?

And sub question due to EXP penalty at 53 should i stay in VH or go-ahead and move to SH? (Trying to be experience gain efficient )

Infinity Series
Jul 2, 2015, 01:58 PM
the new elder-loser quest only available till august?

will it still appear afterward?

I have changed capture to png. I also tried scaling the 1080 image down (similar to oversampling) that didn't do much either. Not using any third party program tho, it looks pretty good in game but screenshots are so. meh.

Only thing left would be to render at twice monitor resolution and downsample, but not sure if it's even possible with pso2.

Thanks for suggestions.

try turning off blur in video setting

red1228
Jul 2, 2015, 02:07 PM
I am a level 75 fighter, I like using double saber, knuckles, and gunslash. what is the best photon arts setup for the following double saber for max power damage. what is the best photon arts setup for knuckles for max power damage. What is the best photon arts setup for gunslash? I am using a againsts monster mobs and bosses. Also small note what about the twin daggers are they any good, if so what is the best setup for them too as well? What is the best element to use in all attackes fire, ice, dark, light, lightning or wind?
"Best Damage" is subjective, but...

Double Sabers are all about crowd control these days. Hurricane Sender & Chaos Riser for that (with Chaos Rising actually doing decent damage if you have gear). You can also use Tornado Dance for "approach" and/or building up gear.

For Knuckles, it depends on what you're fighting. Straight Charge does very nice damage for what it cost (15pp to do three hits of 11,000 each when I charge it). Heartless Impact is great for combo start ups (fast, long distance covered & homing). Both Pendulum Roll & Thousand Flash hit like a truck, with Pendulum Roll having some iFrames in the front & Thousand Flash having super armor (getting hit doesn't cancel the attack). As always, BackHand Smash can do some very impressive DPS (I still don't like it, even after the buff). Quake Howl has some actual range to it now (to actually match the animation) & will trigger Chase Advance if you put any points in that perk.

For Gunslash... Most players probably still suggest using it for the ranged abilities (aka. spamming Addition Bullet). But I personally like doing Strezwei (melee version) > Serpent Air > Rage Dance.

When it comes to Twin Daggers... many players would probably suggest just spamming Symphonic Drive. 25pp cost, homing (including aerial, hard to reach targets), decent damage & it automatically builds gear. If you're feeling adventurous: Shoot Polka & Wild Rhapsody are both quick & decent damage. Bloody Sarabonade has guard frames from the front & Facet Folia has complete damage immunity after the first hit connects.

Unless you're playing Force, Techer, Wise-Stance-Braver or Bouncer: It doesn't really matter what element you have on your weapons, as long as its maxed (50% for 1* ~ 12*, 60% for 13*). Outside of extremely rare situations (I can only think of Falz Hunar or failing to complete the E-Trials in Extreme Quests), Any element on your weapon will be a straight multiplier. So a 50% fire Fighting Beat will pretty much always be getting a 50% damage boost, even against Volcano enemies.

Achelousaurus
Jul 2, 2015, 02:33 PM
Dex on a mag is a waste for most situations but if you run a proper crit build you need dex and it doesn't matter so much where it comes from.
The only problem is that dex from affixes or even skills is changeable, but to remove a noticeable amount of dex from your mag if you change your build/gear doesn't work.
You'd have to spend absurd amounts of excubes or make a new mag, so getting dex elsewhere makes it easier to change.

knight1301
Jul 2, 2015, 03:11 PM
"Best Damage" is subjective, but...

Double Sabers are all about crowd control these days. Hurricane Sender & Chaos Riser for that (with Chaos Rising actually doing decent damage if you have gear). You can also use Tornado Dance for "approach" and/or building up gear.

For Knuckles, it depends on what you're fighting. Straight Charge does very nice damage for what it cost (15pp to do three hits of 11,000 each when I charge it). Heartless Impact is great for combo start ups (fast, long distance covered & homing). Both Pendulum Roll & Thousand Flash hit like a truck, with Pendulum Roll having some iFrames in the front & Thousand Flash having super armor (getting hit doesn't cancel the attack). As always, BackHand Smash can do some very impressive DPS (I still don't like it, even after the buff). Quake Howl has some actual range to it now (to actually match the animation) & will trigger Chase Advance if you put any points in that perk.

For Gunslash... Most players probably still suggest using it for the ranged abilities (aka. spamming Addition Bullet). But I personally like doing Strezwei (melee version) > Serpent Air > Rage Dance.

When it comes to Twin Daggers... many players would probably suggest just spamming Symphonic Drive. 25pp cost, homing (including aerial, hard to reach targets), decent damage & it automatically builds gear. If you're feeling adventurous: Shoot Polka & Wild Rhapsody are both quick & decent damage. Bloody Sarabonade has guard frames from the front & Facet Folia has complete damage immunity after the first hit connects.

Unless you're playing Force, Techer, Wise-Stance-Braver or Bouncer: It doesn't really matter what element you have on your weapons, as long as its maxed (50% for 1* ~ 12*, 60% for 13*). Outside of extremely rare situations (I can only think of Falz Hunar or failing to complete the E-Trials in Extreme Quests), Any element on your weapon will be a straight multiplier. So a 50% fire Fighting Beat will pretty much always be getting a 50% damage boost, even against Volcano enemies.

Wow Is this true? I'm playing BR-katana so I don't need to have right element on weapon to get damage boost? :-o

Senshi
Jul 2, 2015, 04:12 PM
Wow Is this true? I'm playing BR-katana so I don't need to have right element on weapon to get damage boost? :-o

Matching element weakness will still give more damage in most situations. It's just that now that people are saying it doesn't really matter. Of course, many of the same people will insist that 20 - 30atk will make a huge difference.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 2, 2015, 04:22 PM
Dex on a mag is a waste for most situations but if you run a proper crit build you need dex and it doesn't matter so much where it comes from.

Critical builds need DEX the least. There aren't really any builds that actually need DEX.

Matching element weakness will still give more damage in most situations. It's just that now that people are saying it doesn't really matter. Of course, many of the same people will insist that 20 - 30atk will make a huge difference.

The alternative is to make a full rainbow of every single weapon, which is simply unfeasible. It's fine for Discerning Eye/Ancient Oath weapons and Force/Techer/Bouncer because they gain substantial damage bonuses (or rather, they lose substantial damage bonuses if they don't do this), but a full rainbow set of gear will normally only give like 3% more damage for a tremendous amount of work, whereas affixing is an easy source of extra damage that applies to every scenario, so the extra ATK from that does matter.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 2, 2015, 04:23 PM

You get about 200 more damage per kanran using the right element. So yeah using the right element on things is pointless on braver lol.

gone4
Jul 2, 2015, 04:28 PM
What's the base multiplier for a JA without any other bonuses?

n_n
Jul 2, 2015, 04:29 PM
What's the base multiplier for a JA without any other bonuses?
It's 30%, I believe.

gone4
Jul 2, 2015, 04:30 PM
It's 30%, I believe.

Oh I see, that does seem about right. Didn't WB get nerfed quite awhile back too? I believe the old multiplier was 300% but I'm not sure what it was nerfed to.

n_n
Jul 2, 2015, 04:30 PM
Oh I see, that does seem about right. Didn't WB get nerfed quite awhile back too? I believe the old multiplier was 300% but I'm not sure what it was nerfed to.
It was nerfed to 255% when EP3 was released.

Senshi
Jul 2, 2015, 05:12 PM
The alternative is to make a full rainbow of every single weapon, which is simply unfeasible....

Now that you've qualified that statement, I don't disagree.

My only issue is that instead saying it doesn't matter period, you could have said it does make a difference, but is unfeasible.

Trail
Jul 2, 2015, 05:47 PM
I definitely see people with things that look like mags. Do you start with one or do you have to find it. Sorry most everything in japanese is trying. LVL 8 now though! :)

Anduril
Jul 2, 2015, 06:14 PM
I definitely see people with things that look like mags. Do you start with one or do you have to find it. Sorry most everything in japanese is trying. LVL 8 now though! :)
Koffie (the white haired operator) has a Clinet Order that unlocks your first mag. Subsequent mags cost real money though, so feed your mag carefully.

milranduil
Jul 2, 2015, 06:26 PM
Now that you've qualified that statement, I don't disagree.

My only issue is that instead saying it doesn't matter period, you could have said it does make a difference, but is unfeasible.

Except it doesn't actually matter unless you need specifically ~3-5% more damage to one shot a mob in TA or something. Matching element is literally pointless otherwise for melee/ranged weapons (excluding element potentials... obviously). This isn't PSU where matching the element is like 1/3 of your damage multiplier.

Spiral
Jul 2, 2015, 08:06 PM
Does anyone know the last day ship grand prix stars can be redeemed? Also if the prize list would change/update with additional rewards.

Sorry if this has already been asked and thank you in advance.

dekopong
Jul 2, 2015, 10:44 PM
Does anyone know the last day ship grand prix stars can be redeemed? Also if the prize list would change/update with additional rewards.

Arkma's exchange shop is available for some time after the event. When the event ends, additional rewards become available and you get bonus stars depending on your ships final ranking. You can check the additional rewards from Arkma's menu.

.Jack
Jul 3, 2015, 01:04 AM
I'm trying to get the Nox Talis with the dark latent but so far i've only been getting other class weapons (4 12* so far). I'm playing main TE for the SP te/cubes CO's for marlu. If I main Fo would I have a better chance at finding one?

dekopong
Jul 3, 2015, 01:09 AM
If I recall correctly, class bonus is not applied to area drops.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 3, 2015, 01:09 AM
Class bonus only applies to boss drops. Has to be the boss' own drops too.

Mesarthim
Jul 3, 2015, 01:12 AM
I'm trying to get the Nox Talis with the dark latent but so far i've only been getting other class weapons (4 12* so far). I'm playing main TE for the SP te/cubes CO's for marlu. If I main Fo would I have a better chance at finding one?

As Talises are a weapon shared by both Techers and Forces wouldn't the drop bonus be the same (feel free to correct me if wrong, and previous two posts slightly correct me)

...And as such as a Force I have found.. seven Nox Talises, used two, one tekked as wrong element leaving 4 dark element Nox Talises. It's up to rng whether or not to bless you with any. I have found well beyond a dozen nox weapons over the course of this LQ, melee and ranged included while playing Force. Doesn't really seem to matter what class for area drops as listed above.

The sheer number of Nox Talises I have found as a Force is purely coincidental.

KazukiQZ
Jul 3, 2015, 03:26 AM
^Yup. Pure RNG.

Nulve
Jul 3, 2015, 03:43 AM
What are all the casino client orders?

Dammy
Jul 3, 2015, 03:49 AM
they are translated iirc

Nulve
Jul 3, 2015, 03:51 AM
I don't use the patch, there's just one I can't figure out.

wefwq
Jul 3, 2015, 04:02 AM
If you can't read JP, why don't just apply patch in the first place.

>redeem CC
>play rappy slot once
>earn jackpot
>play mesetan shooter once
>defeat nyau at mesetan shooter once
>play black nyack once
>use free drink stand
>use balloon
>access lillipan graffitti

dekopong
Jul 3, 2015, 04:23 AM

I'm willing to translate, but it's kind of you if you post a screen shot or a copy of the sentence. I'll go to the swiki and find the orders, so wait a minute.

Here is the translation.

1. exchange casino coins
2. play the rappy slots
3. get a "RapPSE burst" in the rappy slots
4. play the mesetan shooter
5. defeat Nyau in the mesetan shooter
6. play the black nyack
7. access the food drink stand
8. access the balloon
9. find the lilipian graffiti

Nulve
Jul 3, 2015, 04:33 AM
Thanks, it the no. 3 one I can't figure out; what do you have to do exacly?

If you can't read JP, why don't just apply patch in the first place.

I can read some Japanese; even when I translated this I have no idea what it means.

dekopong
Jul 3, 2015, 04:47 AM
You have to reach 5 rappy marks* and get wilds in a row.

* 5 rappy marks: called "RapPSE chance"
When you get wilds in a row during "RapPSE chance", "RapPSE burst" starts.

Nulve
Jul 3, 2015, 04:52 AM
Omg, that's gonna take forever. I got to stage 5 twice, but can't line up 3 wilds in a row.

Why did they make that one so hard and all the rest super easy....

Flaoc
Jul 3, 2015, 04:54 AM
its much easier on the rappy slots boost days

dekopong
Jul 3, 2015, 04:58 AM
Omg, that's gonna take forever. I got to stage 5 twice, but can't line up 3 wilds in a row.

Why did they make that one so hard and all the rest super easy....

Maybe "RapPSE chance" is enough? But from the wording, "大当たり" (big hit) it is probably "RapPSE burst". I wish it doesn't take your time too much xp

Nulve
Jul 3, 2015, 05:13 AM
Maybe "RapPSE chance" is enough? But from the wording, "大当たり" (big hit) it is probably "RapPSE burst". I wish it doesn't take your time too much xp

Yeah, pretty sure I have to get 3 wilds in a line on stage 5, aka getting the 'jackpot'.

Oh well... anyway, thanks again for helping.

Nuai
Jul 3, 2015, 05:17 AM
Asking again if it's okay but how do i use mag skills? My skill is always darkened out unless i'm in the lobby where i can't use skills. Also I've been thinking about doing klothos quests for mesetas but don't really know if people will kick me out of the party since i did the first dungeon for that quest but didn't finish in time. I'd really like to become better and do klothos quests with other people but don't wanna screw it up for them.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 3, 2015, 05:33 AM
quick question for you Vita users, if you own the latest cartridge, how big of an update did you have to go through? and i'm hearing a 16Gb isnt cutting it still for the current cartridge but I'd like to know how much I will be downloading if i owned the latest cartidge that came out

KazukiQZ
Jul 3, 2015, 05:40 AM
Asking again if it's okay but how do i use mag skills? My skill is always darkened out unless i'm in the lobby where i can't use skills. Also I've been thinking about doing klothos quests for mesetas but don't really know if people will kick me out of the party since i did the first dungeon for that quest but didn't finish in time. I'd really like to become better and do klothos quests with other people but don't wanna screw it up for them.
If you mean mag skills as in Photon Blast, during quest you have to charge it first by killing enemies and/or taking damage.

For Klotho's Time Attacks CO, you can first start by watching Youtube regarding them. DOn;t look for speedruns, but rather on 'how to do Time Attacks'. Can also have veteran players showing you the roots, but starting from yourself is always the best. Goodluck.

Nuai
Jul 3, 2015, 08:34 AM
If you mean mag skills as in Photon Blast, during quest you have to charge it first by killing enemies and/or taking damage.

For Klotho's Time Attacks CO, you can first start by watching Youtube regarding them. DOn;t look for speedruns, but rather on 'how to do Time Attacks'. Can also have veteran players showing you the roots, but starting from yourself is always the best. Goodluck.

Thanks!~

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 3, 2015, 03:39 PM
Since it's been awhile since I've done Mag (Magatsu) on SH I have a few questions.

1. Not taking Player efficiency into account, how is the EXP in that?
2. I remember awhile ago they did something to where 11* don't drop from SH anymore. Is this true? (need some 11* passes but also wanna level my last class haha)

ShinMegamiSensei
Jul 3, 2015, 05:31 PM
quick question for you Vita users, if you own the latest cartridge, how big of an update did you have to go through? and i'm hearing a 16Gb isnt cutting it still for the current cartridge but I'd like to know how much I will be downloading if i owned the latest cartidge that came out

I have the latest EP3 cartridge, it's actually the same as the ep1 cart, just with a different sticker/box/item codes. When I put the game in, it originally showed the exact same version number that the base ep1 cart had. So basically all new content has to be updated.

Taking out the cartridge now, I have 8340 GB installed to the memory card. I remember downloading like a 6GB update when i first got the game, and its had a 1GB update since then. The rest is small updates or just decompressed files, I guess.

Achelousaurus
Jul 4, 2015, 04:43 AM
I heard the rare drop boost from beating Magatsu only activates after you enter the lobby.
Is that still the case? Does that mean if you start phase 2 straight from the campship you don't actually get it?

emeraude
Jul 4, 2015, 05:48 AM
Since it's been awhile since I've done Mag (Magatsu) on SH I have a few questions.

1. Not taking Player efficiency into account, how is the EXP in that?
2. I remember awhile ago they did something to where 11* don't drop from SH anymore. Is this true? (need some 11* passes but also wanna level my last class haha)

1) i guess it's around 60k per run with a 75% on...i don't look. i don't run magatsu for exp lel
2) no, 11* on SH is still obtainable

Utterly Vile
Jul 4, 2015, 06:03 AM
Can some one tell me which NPC converts the "Silver" badges into "Gold" ones please. (NPC's Name) I'm playing the PS Vita version atm........Thanks in advance:-)

Digital Doom
Jul 4, 2015, 09:21 AM
"Can some one tell me which NPC converts the "Silver" badges into "Gold" ones please. (NPC's Name) I'm playing the PS Vita version atm........Thanks in advance:-)"

It is one of the npc standing about 10 feet in front of the Grind and Untecking shops.
When you talk to her it will be the second option down. This menu will have the 13* weapons and a few other things as well as silver to gold exchange.

AutumnChronicle
Jul 4, 2015, 09:21 AM
Anyone unable to enter their room? Was working fine when I played yesterday but now I'm stuck on the loading screen. The jukebox music is playing and I can see my character standing in the room briefly when I alt-tab but otherwise I'm stuck passing through rings @_@

Rest of the game still works though.

Digital Doom
Jul 4, 2015, 09:24 AM
Anyone unable to enter their room? Was working fine when I played yesterday but now I'm stuck on the loading screen. The jukebox music is playing and I can see my character standing in the room briefly when I alt-tab but otherwise I'm stuck passing through rings @_@

Rest of the game still works though.

Seems to be working normal

Nuai
Jul 4, 2015, 09:52 AM
I was thinking about switching to another class since my ranger feels slow and boring but i don't know if it's worth it? I'm level 34 atm and don't feel like re rolling @@ I really like the katana weapon or whatever it's called i think it's from the class braver? I'm not sure so if anyone knows please tell me. Also what are the pros and cons of switching? I know that maybe i don't have to get a new mag since i think braver uses ranged and dex on mag and main stat is R atk. Just guessing though. Also i have to have the katana and bow weapons before i switch right? Sorry for the wall of text ><

Selphea
Jul 4, 2015, 10:01 AM
I was thinking about switching to another class since my ranger feels slow and boring but i don't know if it's worth it? I'm level 34 atm and don't feel like re rolling @@ I really like the katana weapon or whatever it's called i think it's from the class braver? I'm not sure so if anyone knows please tell me. Also what are the pros and cons of switching? I know that maybe i don't have to get a new mag since i think braver uses ranged and dex on mag and main stat is R atk. Just guessing though. Also i have to have the katana and bow weapons before i switch right? Sorry for the wall of text ><

What's your Mag stats, skill trees and AC budget? And do you have any reset passes?

But Lv34 isn't very far in at all, you'll get back there fast.

Nuai
Jul 4, 2015, 10:26 AM
What's your Mag stats, skill trees and AC budget? And do you have any reset passes?

But Lv34 isn't very far in at all, you'll get back there fast.

19 striking, 53 ranged, 9 tech, 22 dex, striking def 6, ranged def 4, tech def 7

How do you mean? i've only touched hunter and ranger on skill trees nothing else.

I'd rather not spend anything on this although i might in the future. Not anywhere soon right now atleast.

No i don't have any reset passes. Also i don't plan on touching hunter or ranger again if i can be a braver since i've played hunter before and it was kinda meh.

Also i'll re-roll if i really have to.

Utterly Vile
Jul 4, 2015, 11:04 AM
Good Looking out.....thanks again.

Utterly Vile
Jul 4, 2015, 11:10 AM
Can anyone tell me if the Armor bought with the "Gold Badges" is any good compared to others?.....Or a good recommendation please. Thanks in Advance.:-)

Saffran
Jul 4, 2015, 11:43 AM
Nuai > generally speaking it's a bad idea to go in all these directions for your mag.

Back in the days, you needed to account for equipment requirements, but those have been dumbed down so for your mag, you can pretty much go for pure attack.
Now, if you have access to real money items like extra mag tickets and the likes, you can just create 3 or 4 different mags (190 strike, 190 ranged, etc) but if you don't, you will want to wait a bit and see what works best for you.

Rerolling is not much of a problem, we will have events all summer long with experience boosts galore.

Utterly Vile > there's an armour you can buy with gold badges? I thought they were silver badge only? The ones I think of is not that good. You are better off looking in the wiki for an armour set that gives a good bonus and buy it on the player shop market. Most items are inexpensive. If you play a Force, the Negro Set (yeah, I know, that name...) gives 90 TAtk and is a 9 stars so you can readily buy it without any complication like 10star unit passes and the likes. If you want RATK only, the Tian set is also a 9 stars that give 90 Atk and it's only 2 pieces. For Strike, there's no real "cheap" option. Once you have those, be ready to look into the crafting system and get those to the max (which will be a bit pricey). You can also simply wait until you're done with the story tablets and have gotten the Gloam Set from storyline 3-4, but that's like, a long way to go.

the_importer_
Jul 4, 2015, 11:55 AM
Do a lot of players even bother going above 5 slots for units? I play the Peeping Tom often and look at people's gear. Not too many with 5 slots, never seen any 6 slots with decent abilities, probably random crap that came with the units.

I already have 5 slots with Ragne Soul, Technique III, Stamina IV, Spirita IV and Arm III (I Craft). I know we're getting a boost week, but when looking at the prices of 6 slot units with Technique III, it makes me wonder how much it would cost me to have everything I already have with something like Fever that mainly adds 10 T-ATK. Is it worth it at the end of the day is what I'm basically asking.

red1228
Jul 4, 2015, 12:46 PM
Can anyone tell me if the Armor bought with the "Gold Badges" is any good compared to others?.....Or a good recommendation please. Thanks in Advance.:-)

They are not worth the badges. Each piece gives like 100hp (which is good, right off the bat) but their set bonus is something stupid, like +20 attack. As Saffran said, you are much better off with other units & then just crafting them.

For Tech users, go with Negro (+90 tech, +10pp).
For Gun/Bow users, go with Tian (+90 range, +10pp).
For Strike/Melee users, go with Hiei (+60 tri-attack, +10pp), Bloom (+60 strike/tech, +10pp) or Hera (+60 strike/range, +10pp).

You will want to ExCraft your units to atleast Lv3 (the special HP+100 or PP+10 versions). Doing so will give you the best stat gains on your armor units. You will need Crafting Lv20 (overall) to have unlocked the recipe's for the special craft. If you don't wanna go through all that hassle, ask a friend or just send a crafting request to a random player via the Craft Menu. Note: Crafting Requests to randoms takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 days. Hope you have friends.

IndigoNovember
Jul 4, 2015, 12:55 PM
but when looking at the prices of 6 slot units with Technique III

You could consider upslotting from 5 slots to 6 slots rather than expanding to 6 slots and then affixing. It'll be cheaper that way, though you'll probably run more risk.

the_importer_
Jul 4, 2015, 01:09 PM
You could consider upslotting from 5 slots to 6 slots rather than expanding to 6 slots and then affixing. It'll be cheaper that way, though you'll probably run more risk.

With the affix boost week and 30% item boost, adding 1 extra slot to my current setup would give 50.817% full success chances per unit. You're talking to a guy who's luck made him often fail at 95%, so no -_-

Utterly Vile
Jul 4, 2015, 01:52 PM
They are not worth the badges. Each piece gives like 100hp (which is good, right off the bat) but their set bonus is something stupid, like +20 attack. As Saffran said, you are much better off with other units & then just crafting them.

For Tech users, go with Negro (+90 tech, +10pp).
For Gun/Bow users, go with Tian (+90 range, +10pp).
For Strike/Melee users, go with Hiei (+60 tri-attack, +10pp), Bloom (+60 strike/tech, +10pp) or Hera (+60 strike/range, +10pp).

You will want to ExCraft your units to atleast Lv3 (the special HP+100 or PP+10 versions). Doing so will give you the best stat gains on your armor units. You will need Crafting Lv20 (overall) to have unlocked the recipe's for the special craft. If you don't wanna go through all that hassle, ask a friend or just send a crafting request to a random player via the Craft Menu. Note: Crafting Requests to randoms takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 days. Hope you have friends.

This is good Info...Thank you for the insight, and timely response.
I'm on the PSVita, and translation is a little dodgey.

Nuai
Jul 4, 2015, 03:04 PM
Alright made my new character on ship 2 as a braver! Now i'm looking at what stats your mag need and what build to use for a katana hybrid i think it's called? Anyone that have an up to date katana build with hunter as subclass?

Anduril
Jul 4, 2015, 03:33 PM
Alright made my new character on ship 2 as a braver! Now i'm looking at what stats your mag need and what build to use for a katana hybrid i think it's called? Anyone that have an up to date katana build with hunter as subclass?
Are you just going to go with Katana? If so, make a pure S-ATK Mag, feeding Striking weapons and reducing dex with 4* room goods or monomates; your final mag should be 190 S-ATK, 0 everything else.
Most people (myself included) wouldn't recommend trying to go full maining Katana and Bow hybrid since it does reduce your overall damage, but if you do, you can either go 95 S-ATK/95 R-ATK, or spend 5SP with Braver Mag and put DEX into the mix.
As for your Skill Trees, assuming you are just maining Katana, go with full Average Stance and Katana skills on your Braver tree, and full Fury Stance and JA bonuses on your Hunter tree as a base, and from there Hunter tree can vary. This is what I would do just as a base, (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?10eNbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm 0jdodBIbl20fJkrKI20000006doIn0000000jdoib0000000fd o0000000Io00000007oIn00000000IbIo4NfdF6sNHSJkdA000 00jdoIb0000000j) but if you aren't using crafted weapons, you can probably take some points out of the stance critical skills to use elsewhere in the tree.
People who play Katana Braver more than me can probably give you a better answer for a good build, though.

red1228
Jul 4, 2015, 03:40 PM

Most people recommend pure mags. In the case of Braver/Hunter (Katana main), go all Strike.

In regards to Skill Tree Build, Max out Fury Stance (excluding critical perks) from Hunter & Average Stance (excluding critical perks) from Braver. You're also gonna want to nearly / completely max out Katana Combat & its related perks, also from Braver.
Beyond those three things; It's a matter of player preference. Do you want even more attack (The Striking Up 1/2/3 perks) or do you want to balance things out with some survival perks (Iron Will, AutoMate, QuickMate & Massive Hunter). Or sacrifice a few Strike-Related points from Braver's side & throw 'em into Bow Related skills?

For a pure Katana Main BR/HU, here's a rough idea. Feel free to move things around to your liking.
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?10eNbxIkbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIkbxIm 0jdBdBIokAIkI2dBdoINfqnIdJkrAI20000006doIn0000000j doib0000000fdo0000000Io00000007oIn00000000dBqB4NGA dF6sIHSHxdB00000jdoIb0000000j

EDIT: NINJA'D AGAIN

Nuai
Jul 4, 2015, 04:36 PM
Thanks! though when trying to reduce dex on my mag it then fills the striking defense/ranged instead but removes the dex. Is that okay? since i'm supposed to have striking atk only. That happened from monotomes and 5 star room goods (didn't actually use them but you could see results before using them)

Anduril
Jul 4, 2015, 04:38 PM
Thanks! though when trying to reduce dex on my mag it then fills the striking defense/ranged instead but removes the dex. Is that okay? since i'm supposed to have striking atk only. That happened from monotomes and 5 star room goods (didn't actually use them but you could see results before using them)

Striking weapons then reduce the S-DEF from the Monomates. Also, you'll want to use 4* Room Goods since those reduce DEX and slightly increase S-ATK (these cost 3K from the Furniture store, or you can find they often enough in the Vopar Facility map), while 5* raise R-ATK.

KazukiQZ
Jul 4, 2015, 04:40 PM
^If you know furniture shop in the Shop Area, the NPC sell 4* furniture, which increase S-atk and reduce Dex. But the price is 3000 per piece. Still, buying this is my recommendation to you.

edit: was directed to Nuai xD

Morgan Fumi
Jul 4, 2015, 05:27 PM
What changes on the 8th? I know the LQ is apparently going to be replaced with Gal Gryphon, but what else is happening? Any changes to Xie's shop?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 4, 2015, 05:30 PM
I have the latest EP3 cartridge, it's actually the same as the ep1 cart, just with a different sticker/box/item codes. When I put the game in, it originally showed the exact same version number that the base ep1 cart had. So basically all new content has to be updated.

Taking out the cartridge now, I have 8340 GB installed to the memory card. I remember downloading like a 6GB update when i first got the game, and its had a 1GB update since then. The rest is small updates or just decompressed files, I guess.
Gonna need a big memory card then and even odder that the latest catridge is still the first one just with another label, i mean can this be any lazier? or is the Vita's game catridge actually at max capacity

Frankincense
Jul 4, 2015, 05:33 PM
Or, if you don't mind it taking longer, buy the cheaper 3* and 5* ones from the shop for 300 and 400 each and alternate between them. They each lower the stat the other gives, as well as DEX.

12* weapons and 11* units become buyable. Also lobby soccer. May the lag be in your favor.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 4, 2015, 05:37 PM
What changes on the 8th? I know the LQ is apparently going to be replaced with Gal Gryphon, but what else is happening? Any changes to Xie's shop?
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2015, 06:06 PM
Does DS's Shift Action Wind cause SE if the DS Weapon used during it have one?

Hobu
Jul 4, 2015, 09:34 PM
How do I git gud with Partizans?

Like, what are the best PA's to use with Volg/TAJA?

Or should I just quit Hunter and play Fi instead? Haha.

Dephinix
Jul 4, 2015, 09:43 PM
How do I git gud with Partizans?

Like, what are the best PA's to use with Volg/TAJA?

Or should I just quit Hunter and play Fi instead? Haha.

Volg > Sacred Skewer > Zenith for most damage with one palette.
Volg > Normal Attack > Zenith for consistency and still pretty nice damage. (Order after volg doesn't matter, can zenith first if you needed to for some odd reason).
Volg > Assault Buster > Speed Rain for moving targets, or multiple targets like Dark Falz Arms and Wolgadas.

Fi/Hu does a lot more damage with Volg combos than Hunter main.

Bellion
Jul 4, 2015, 10:41 PM
Does DS's Shift Action Wind cause SE if the DS Weapon used during it have one?

Yes

Also, better off doing Volg->PUT/Zenith/whateveryouwannacallit->normal rather than having the normal second as you may not get that last hit of the PA in.
I personally prefer Volg->Assault Buster->Slide End for mobile targets.

.Jack
Jul 5, 2015, 01:59 AM
Looking to get a new tech rod to affix soon and I could use a fire or light rod upgrade atm. Would this at 60% +40 1500att+ affixed beat the best buy-able fire or light rod currently available? I believe it's that fire bert and light cad rod.

http://i.imgur.com/pWrggrH.png

KazukiQZ
Jul 5, 2015, 03:14 AM
^Excluding affixes, IMO, the Yozakura rod won't beat neither Bert Rodan or Caduceus.

For Fire, you can opt for Evil rod (magatsu drop or stone trade-in). Same case as Light tech, but Light also has Nyau rod option (12* rod with Light tech damage boost).

Still, Ares will beat both of the fire/light option, even if the PB is non-charged (Lv3 pot).

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

So, IMO:

Fire
Ares > Evil > Bert Rodan > Yozakura

Light
Ares > Nyau > Evil = Caduceus > Yozakura

.Jack
Jul 5, 2015, 04:04 AM
^Excluding affixes, IMO, the Yozakura rod won't beat neither Bert Rodan or Caduceus.

For Fire, you can opt for Evil rod (magatsu drop or stone trade-in). Same case as Light tech, but Light also has Nyau rod option (12* rod with Light tech damage boost).

Still, Ares will beat both of the fire/light option, even if the PB is non-charged (Lv3 pot).

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

So, IMO:

Fire
Ares > Evil > Bert Rodan > Yozakura

Light
Ares > Nyau > Evil = Caduceus > Yozakura

Ah, I didn't know the Nyau rod had the same light potential, I don't think it's worth upgrading for that since it's only a +23 att^ (1127/1150 @+10) Nyau>Cad so it'll hardly make any difference there. Thanks.

KazukiQZ
Jul 5, 2015, 04:30 AM
^Indeed, and Caduceus has better weapon design xD

Infinity Series
Jul 5, 2015, 07:38 AM
how about nox partisan and yozakura?

which is stronger, assuming both potential active

Utterly Vile
Jul 5, 2015, 08:05 AM
Can anyone tell me how, and what do I need to purchase the 13* weapons from the NPC on the second floor balcony. It requires 180 CM, and I have no Idea what that means... I'm on the PS Vita version. Thanks in advance:-)

Poyonche
Jul 5, 2015, 08:09 AM
You have to complete Challenge Missions, only accessible in Challenge Block and Shared Ship. By completing a Mission, you get CM aka Challenge Miles.

Utterly Vile
Jul 5, 2015, 08:12 AM
You have to complete Challenge Missions, only accessible in Challenge Block and Shared Ship. By completing a Mission, you get CM aka Challenge Miles.

Good Looking Out!!!....Thank You for the rapid response;-)

the_importer_
Jul 5, 2015, 11:15 AM
HP or Deband drink, which one gives you more chances to survive?

gabor100
Jul 5, 2015, 11:16 AM
So i want to post an image but can't cuz i got an error.

What should i do, write my question in 9 post so i can link the image in the last one?

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 1 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.

ultimafia
Jul 5, 2015, 11:36 AM

What should i do, write my question in 9 post so i can link the image in the last one?

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 1 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.

Can't you post an imgur link to your pic instead?

Anduril
Jul 5, 2015, 11:57 AM

Hit "Go Advanced" then hit the paper clip and upload your image as an attachment.

IndigoNovember
Jul 5, 2015, 01:56 PM
Is Nox Clad (launcher)'s potential increase damage by 20% and increase PP recovered by 150% when hitting a breakable part? Here's the JP text: 破壊可能な部位を攻撃した際、与ダメージ(20%)とPP回復量(150%)が上昇する。

gabor100
Jul 5, 2015, 02:46 PM
So most of the time when i log in it takes forever to get to the block from character selection and i got 1FPS(for 10-15sec) after i got in. It's because the game puts me on a full block(premium block is almost full too), is there a fix for this?(I'm not premium, so it's not because of that.)

"Place of the image if i could attach or link it." Thanks Obama.

Are City AQ=Special Survey: Urban?

KazukiQZ
Jul 5, 2015, 04:23 PM
Is Nox Clad (launcher)'s potential increase damage by 20% and increase PP recovered by 150% when hitting a breakable part? Here's the JP text: 破壊可能な部位を攻撃した際、与ダメージ(20%)とPP回復量(150%)が上昇する。
Yup. From my understanding: If you attack breakable parts, you receive bonus damage and increased PP recovery (If normal attack, I guess. Since PA won't generate PP).

ArcaneTechs
Jul 5, 2015, 04:30 PM
ignore

the_importer_
Jul 5, 2015, 04:35 PM
is there an updated version of the Affix Simulator out there? I add, for example, 3 Lv3 atks and im getting 40% but going in game i get 60% so im trying to get the best results possible through the sim but this isnt helping, and for some reason ability3's percent just drastically drops for no reason when that % is suppose to be higher as well

What do you mean by "Lv3 atks", do you mean like Power, Shoot, Technique?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 5, 2015, 04:37 PM
What do you mean by "Lv3 atks", do you mean like Power, Shoot, Technique?
edit, never mind i found out why its giving me the % bonus

What does the affix simulator mean when you click the box for same? as in every fodder is the same? curious what that extra % means from it

Shadowstarkirby
Jul 5, 2015, 07:36 PM
Why is it that I can't copy text in my chat box via Ctrl + C? It just opens the menu bound to C, even when I've highlighted text. Another thing, when I scroll up on my chat box, I can't seem to be able to highlight the text further up, so when I'm speaking with our Japanese friends, I can't copy their text fast enough before it's lost...

KazukiQZ
Jul 5, 2015, 07:51 PM
^Use this tool:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204921

Amazing Ampharos
Jul 5, 2015, 07:57 PM
If I create a timed ability for the forest, does it apply to the ultimate area as well, or do only the ultimate specific timed abilities (that you have to have a massive crafting level to use) work in those areas?

KazukiQZ
Jul 5, 2015, 07:59 PM
^Naberius Forest and Ultimate Naberius are two separate areas, so the effect only work on that certain area.

But, I do heard Lilipa Tunnels effect work in Ultimate Lilipa though.

the_importer_
Jul 5, 2015, 08:02 PM
edit, never mind i found out why its giving me the % bonus

What does the affix simulator mean when you click the box for same? as in every fodder is the same? curious what that extra % means from it

Fodder(s) needs to be the same unit/weapon as the base to gain a bonus. 2 of the same fodder gives you more % more than just 1 and as soon as you introduce a fodder that's not the same, you loose all bonuses.

Dephinix
Jul 5, 2015, 08:36 PM
^Naberius Forest and Ultimate Naberius are two separate areas, so the effect only work on that certain area.

But, I do heard Lilipa Tunnels effect work in Ultimate Lilipa though.

I remember hearing it worked in the past, it would be weird if they patched only Nab and not Lillipa, but.. Sega... Yeah nevermind then.

Amazing Ampharos
Jul 5, 2015, 08:36 PM
Weird. So if I understand correctly, out of all of the areas in the game, is Ultimate Naberius unique as the only place you cannot make a timed ability affect with the default set of timed abilities?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 5, 2015, 09:05 PM
Fodder(s) needs to be the same unit/weapon as the base to gain a bonus. 2 of the same fodder gives you more % more than just 1 and as soon as you introduce a fodder that's not the same, you loose all bonuses.
okay so if i got this right, for example, if the fodders are all the same 3* units (same name etc) and if i decide use a fodder thats a 7* unit so thats its 4/5, i lose that small % bonus right? (Four 3* units, One 7* Unit), or is using all 5 material slots fine?

I know if i was affixing the main unit and i only picked 1/5 of the slots available that the percent would be lower versus if i picked 2/5 it would be higher.

Just want to get this clear for max results

the_importer_
Jul 5, 2015, 09:27 PM
okay so if i got this right, for example, if the fodders are all the same 3* units (same name etc) and if i decide use a fodder thats a 7* unit so thats its 4/5, i lose that small % bonus right? (Four 3* units, One 7* Unit), or is using all 5 material slots fine?

I know if i was affixing the main unit and i only picked 1/5 of the slots available that the percent would be lower versus if i picked 2/5 it would be higher.

Just want to get this clear for max results

Well, let me put it this way (bare in mind I've learned about this myself last month):

Let's say you have a Saiki Leg with only 1 slot and you want to keep it that way (dumb, but just roll with it). You want to add Power III to it, so here are your choice:

Saiki Leg with junk ability + *name you unit* with Power III = 60% chances

Saiki Leg with junk ability + Saiki Leg with Power III = 66% chances

Saiki Leg with junk ability + 2X *name you unit* with Power III = 80% chances

Saiki Leg with junk ability + 2X Saiki Leg with Power III = 92% chances

Saiki Leg with junk ability + Saiki Leg with Power III + *name you unit* with Power III = 80% chances

As soon as you introduce a unit or weapon that's not the same as the base, byebye bonus. Also, adding more than 3 of the same does not increase your bonus, but will increase your overall chances when you have 3.

IMPO, using the "same" bonus is useful when you are trying to increase the amount of slots on your unit using junk abilities or when trying to create more powerful versions of abilities (using 3 units with Power IV to create 1 with Power V).

the_importer_
Jul 5, 2015, 10:05 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I have a question for myself and I didn't want to make my previous reply any longer.

Using the PSO2 Damage Calculator, I'm trying to replicate the damage that I do on Magatsu's belly face when playing XH using RaGrants, but I can't get close to that amount.

RaGrants hits 5 times and each hit will land the same damage which is between 24 XXX and 27 XXX. These numbers are of course when adding, Charge, Shifta and JA into the mix. Here's what I was able to do so far by putting Magatsu's DEX to 425: http://4rt.info/psod/?qcbn2

Here's what I can't figure out and my general questions:

1- How does the potential work in this thing? My weapon increases light damage by 16%, so what do I put in potential?

2- How do I add Shifta in the calculation?

3- My Weapon is crafted, but this calculator only goes up to EXLv10, does it make a different if my weapon is EXLv11 if I put the proper T-ATK in the weapon's ATK section?

4- I put 1 under Rare Mastery, but does that mean that I need to remove 30 from my base ATK?

5- My RaGrants' power is 1342, did I set this correctly?

6- I used the Rate that I found on the PSO2 Wikia, did I input the proper thing?

Thank you

xBM
Jul 5, 2015, 10:08 PM
I was wondering if you are incapacitated, and went back to the ship, can you still go back to the area you died from?

the_importer_
Jul 5, 2015, 10:12 PM
I was wondering if you are incapacitated, and went back to the ship, can you still go back to the area you died from?

Depends on your situation and the quest you are doing. If you play alone and die during a boss final area boss fight, it's mission failed. If you play with someone else and that person is still fighting the boss, then you can get back to the final area with the warp (usually area 3) to continue the fight. I'm not to sure about EQ in an MPA since people will normally revive you.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 5, 2015, 10:15 PM
Well, let me put it this way (bare in mind I've learned about this myself last month):

Let's say you have a Saiki Leg with only 1 slot and you want to keep it that way (dumb, but just roll with it). You want to add Power III to it, so here are your choice:

ah okay i had a hunch it worked that way, thank you very much for the help

P51mus
Jul 5, 2015, 10:50 PM
Is there a way to see the health bars of other arks nearby that I'm not partied with?

final_attack
Jul 5, 2015, 10:54 PM
Is there a way to see the health bars of other arks nearby that I'm not partied with?

Quick Menu - 4th option from the top - select those with "HP" on it (only shown on quest, not on lobby)

emeraude
Jul 5, 2015, 11:35 PM
Weird. So if I understand correctly, out of all of the areas in the game, is Ultimate Naberius unique as the only place you cannot make a timed ability affect with the default set of timed abilities?
Swiki says:

※5 ULTフィールドは様相は変わっているが元のエリアと同じ扱いであるため、(森林・坑道)1~3の時限能力 でもULTで効果を発揮する。

GTranslated:

※ 5 for ULT field aspect but has changed is the same treatment as the original area, to be effective in ULT also a timed ability of (forest-tunnel) 1-3.

The Ult timed abilities go up to Lv5, while the planet-specific ones only go up to Lv3, so I guess that's an incentive to use the Ult abilities?

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question for myself and I didn't want to make my previous reply any longer.

Using the PSO2 Damage Calculator, I'm trying to replicate the damage that I do on Magatsu's belly face when playing XH using RaGrants, but I can't get close to that amount. [...

Add 16% to Potential Ability. (21-22k range) Is your Shifta included in your bare-handed ATP? If it's not, you're likely to hit your 24-27k range.

the_importer_
Jul 5, 2015, 11:53 PM
Add 16% to Potential Ability. (21-22k range) Is your Shifta included in your bare-handed ATP? If it's not, you're likely to hit your 24-27k range.

Really, the potential meter is as simple as that? How can it tell the difference between a potential that increases ATK, adds % to elemental weakness or % to an element like mine?

Amazing Ampharos
Jul 6, 2015, 01:43 AM
Swiki says:

GTranslated:

※ 5 for ULT field aspect but has changed is the same treatment as the original area, to be effective in ULT also a timed ability of (forest-tunnel) 1-3.

The Ult timed abilities go up to Lv5, while the planet-specific ones only go up to Lv3, so I guess that's an incentive to use the Ult abilities?

Thanks for the good, clear mechanical information; that makes a lot of design sense for it to work that way. I don't know how big these rates are, but I had just one piece of level 3 RDR for the Arks Fleet Fringes and got something like 10 12* weapons from the Darker's Den LQ so I figure it's a relatively big boost (seemed anecdotally to help more than all of the Random Drink EX I kept drinking for that 10% rare drop rate boost). It's kinda a shame I didn't know earlier since I wanted to make timed rare drop rate abilities for the new LQ (mostly my bad for waiting so long to try to find out), but at least when the 20th rolls around I'll be able to do so and take advantage for the second half of the LQ's lifespan.

Poyonche
Jul 6, 2015, 05:53 AM
What are the max level for photon tree ?

the_importer_
Jul 6, 2015, 07:02 AM
What are the max level for photon tree ?

7 or 9 per boost, can't remember exactly.

Achelousaurus
Jul 6, 2015, 07:03 AM
Where does the required dex for a crit build come from, if not the mag? Affixes? Certainly not the skill tree.
I remember the topic where some minimum dex values were thrown around for certain crit / craft builds.

the_importer_
Jul 6, 2015, 07:13 AM
Where does the required dex for a crit build come from, if not the mag? Affixes? Certainly not the skill tree.
I remember the topic where some minimum dex values were thrown around for certain crit / craft builds.

You can use this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/2j5g0m/dexapt%E6%8A%80%E9%87%8F_crit_and_crafting_explain ed/

That being said, the formula is apparently not a perfect science and it works up until Super Hard, expect a bit of damage variation with XH and Ult. Still, I have compared the same weapon fully crafted Vs uncrafted on a Lv80 Rigshrayda, the minimal damage alone is better than the uncrafted one if I remember correctly. The weapon I used BTW was a Divine Amaterasu which goes from 1010 to 1130 T-ATK once crafted.

gabor100
Jul 6, 2015, 08:41 AM
Did the bosse got buffed since 2014?

I tried to kill Blu Ringahda SH for the daily quest but it takes 10x more time for the NPC to say that he get's weaker.
I'm 60/48 Hu/Br with Wired Lance(Zieg's set and Neiclaw+10), tried to Cerberus Dance/Holding Current him to death but i got bored after a 4+ min and died.

I found this video: youtube.com/watch?v=FIhi_dmqHhA
He uses WL too and Heavenly Fall, so i swiched to Heavenly Fall too, it takes way too long for me. I know that Ranma is better weapon but it shouldn't take 10 time longer

It seems so easy in the video but i need to dodge/block after every Heavenly Fall because he is in my ass.

the_importer_
Jul 6, 2015, 08:45 AM
Did the bosse got buffed since 2014?

I tried to kill Blu Ringahda SH for the daily quest but it takes 10x more time for the NPC to say that he get's weaker.
I'm 60/48 Hu/Br with Wired Lance(Zieg's set and Neiclaw+10), tried to Cerberus Dance/Holding Current him to death but i got bored after a 4+ min and died.

I found this video: youtube.com/watch?v=FIhi_dmqHhA
He uses WL too and Heavenly Fall, so i swiched to Heavenly Fall too, it takes way too long for me. I know that Ranma is better weapon but it shouldn't take 10 time longer

It seems so easy in the video but i need to dodge/block after every Heavenly Fall because he is in my ass.

Bosses didn't get buffed, I assure you. I did the same daily quest yesterday and wasted Blu Ringahda in less than 3 minutes.

Your weapons and/or PAs might have gotten nerfed, I don't know, I only play Fo/Te

knight1301
Jul 6, 2015, 09:17 AM
Can we sell/buy 12* weapon on the next Maintenance ?

the_importer_
Jul 6, 2015, 09:29 AM
Can we sell/buy 12* weapon on the next Maintenance ?

Yup, July 7th-8th (depending where you live), you'll be able to sell and buy ★12 weapons and ★11 units. See at the bottom of this page everything that will be added for this upcoming update (I expect a long maintenance period):

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/gal-gryphon-makes-its-pso2-debut/

Nuai
Jul 6, 2015, 09:58 AM
Are matter board quests important to do?

ashley50
Jul 6, 2015, 10:07 AM

They're optional.

the_importer_
Jul 6, 2015, 10:07 AM

To progress the story, yes. Also, you do get some decent to good items by doing them all as well as getting some good rewards from the reward counter by completing individual matter boards.

Halikus
Jul 6, 2015, 10:32 AM
also many bingo cards have requirements for clearing matter boards

the_importer_
Jul 6, 2015, 10:54 AM
also many bingo cards have requirements for clearing matter boards

That's true, whenever we get news Bingo cards, I always have these squares that are already marked.

Nuai
Jul 6, 2015, 11:05 AM
Anyone have any ideas why i lagg in lobbies that are empty/full? I don't get any lagg in dungeons or dungeons with alot of ppl only in the lobby.

Chdata
Jul 6, 2015, 11:27 AM
how to get a FO ex cube

the_importer_
Jul 6, 2015, 11:34 AM
how to get a FO ex cube

Get to level 75 with your Force and then gain another Level, that's it. Class cubes (Fo Cubes in your case) are the reward of getting a new level when the level is capped.

Anyone have any ideas why i lagg in lobbies that are empty/full? I don't get any lagg in dungeons or dungeons with alot of ppl only in the lobby.

Lobbies are laggy in general compared to the playing areas, even when you're the only one there in the block. My theory is the videos that are playing everywhere in the background are the culprits.

Chdata
Jul 6, 2015, 11:55 AM
is there an IRC channel for this kinda thread

does zieg's charm still work even if you can't equip the item

how many ex cubes on S-rank do people get from XH TD1 / 2 / 3

the_importer_
Jul 6, 2015, 12:01 PM
is there an IRC channel for this kinda thread

does zieg's charm still work even if you can't equip the item

how many ex cubes on S-rank do people get from XH TD1 / 2 / 3

For your first question, you just need to have them on you. My Force can't equip these weapons and yet, they work.

For your 2nd question: RNG
Seriously, you can have all the drop boost that you want, you can still end up with cheap Rares that you can't cube. That being said, the higher the difficulty and the higher the TD (TD3 gives more than the other 2), the more cubes you'll have.

Also, Magatsu is what you should do if you're farming for cubes. I average out 3 battles for phase 1 on XH before phase 2 and usually end up in total with more than 80 cubes.

Chdata
Jul 6, 2015, 12:48 PM
No... RNG isn't an answer. I get a consistent 25-30 ex cubes from TD SH. I can expect XH is even more?

noted for magatsu though

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 6, 2015, 01:10 PM
Inb4 extended maintenance tomorrow

the_importer_
Jul 6, 2015, 01:19 PM
No... RNG isn't an answer. I get a consistent 25-30 ex cubes from TD SH. I can expect XH is even more?

noted for magatsu though

They say you do SH for EXP and XH for drops. Last week when I did TD1 on XH, I barely got enough cubes to cover the 250% drop boost that I used, so ya, RNG. Got a bunch of ★9 and it was that sold for 1k a pop :(

Inb4 extended maintenance tomorrow

I predict 13:00 Eastern Time.

Poyonche
Jul 6, 2015, 01:29 PM
inb4 it starts earlier.

Edit : Checked on their website :

平素より『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご利用いただき、誠にありがとうございます。
7月8日(水)の定期メンテナンスにつきまして、下記のとおり時間を変更させていただきます。
2015年7月8日(水)11:00 ~ 17:00 → 7月8日(水)10:00 ~ 17:00
※この期間はゲームサーバーにログインできません。

What does that mean ?

Edit 2 : Nvm, it says it will start 1h earlier.

the_importer_
Jul 6, 2015, 02:53 PM
inb4 it starts earlier.

Edit : Checked on their website :

What does that mean ?

Edit 2 : Nvm, it says it will start 1h earlier.

Wait, so we get early maintenance of many hours for little things but they'll only need 1 extra hour to add all of this stuff 0_o

Poyonche
Jul 6, 2015, 03:29 PM
You have to understand them, the early maintenances before this one were to unplug-plug back the servers.

the_importer_
Jul 6, 2015, 03:37 PM
You have to understand them, the early maintenances before this one were to unplug-plug back the servers.

http://i.memeful.com/memes/RjWJP8d.jpg

milranduil
Jul 6, 2015, 06:44 PM
Wait, so we get early maintenance of many hours for little things but they'll only need 1 extra hour to add all of this stuff 0_o

YOU DARE QUESTION SAKAI???
[spoiler-box]
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hsAkzWggNo4/UIFYYJ3hBmI/AAAAAAAAB_w/5u946RpP0r4/s1600/angry+faces+2.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

.Jack
Jul 7, 2015, 01:16 AM
Is there an option to change silver/gold to bronze from Xie? Just looking to get more donuts to use while clone codes.

wefwq
Jul 7, 2015, 01:46 AM
Is there an option to change silver/gold to bronze from Xie? Just looking to get more donuts to use while clone codes.
nope.

.Jack
Jul 7, 2015, 02:56 AM
nope.

Thanks.

That 12* dragon rod with Ancient Oath, would that beat light Cad rod or Bert fire rod? I'm not familiar with that potential.

kingdanny
Jul 7, 2015, 03:24 AM
Know if any affix boost days are coming up?

gabor100
Jul 7, 2015, 04:00 AM
So since Zieg's weapons are plain bad(13-16 element and doens't change after giving it back and clear the quest again). And the Extreme Quest/Challange Mile weapons take a year to get.
Where can i get 10-11 star Wired lances like ヤサカニノマガタマ Yasakani no Magatama or ククノチノマガタマ Kukunochi no Magatama? I've checked every normal(VH,SH) and emergency(VH, SH) quest that i could but nobody got it in the past 14 days.

Zorua
Jul 7, 2015, 04:23 AM
Does photon flare act as a status effect like how limit break does?

Achelousaurus
Jul 7, 2015, 04:38 AM
Thanks.
Another question, somewhere I heard Heavenly Fall has damage comparable to Holding Current.
Now I don't expect it to be close cause HC is that op at the correct distance but can HF be used as alternative? Incidentally, what's the best dps pa for wired lances aside from HC?
And for mobbing? Wild Round or Cerberus Dance (not using slow enemy grab pas so I don't bother other people)?

emeraude
Jul 7, 2015, 05:04 AM
Know if any affix boost days are coming up?

It's likely the next WebPanel reward.

So since Zieg's weapons are plain bad(13-16 element and doens't change after giving it back and clear the quest again). And the Extreme Quest/Challange Mile weapons take a year to get.
Where can i get 10-11 star Wired lances like ヤサカニノマガタマ Yasakani no Magatama or ククノチノマガタマ Kukunochi no Magatama? I've checked every normal(VH,SH) and emergency(VH, SH) quest that i could but nobody got it in the past 14 days.

ヤサカニノマガタマ - Nordiran Nordiransa 61, Skyscape SHAQ, SH/XH Magatsu Sai
ククノチノマガタマ - Quartz Dragon 71, Chrome Dragon XHEQ

Does photon flare act as a status effect like how limit break does?

Nope.

gabor100
Jul 7, 2015, 06:18 AM
ヤサカニノマガタマ - Nordiran 61, Skyscape SHAQ
ククノチノマガタマ - Quartz Dragon 71, Chrome Dragon XHEQ

Thanks. But 700k for Skycape SHAQ? I rather craft myself a Rocket Punch or Daylight Scar and stack dex on it.

Cyber Meteor
Jul 7, 2015, 06:26 AM
Nordiransa (and NOT Nordiran) lvl 61 isn't exclusivly on SHAQ, in fact you can go directly on the SH free exploration quest for that, but going into SHAQ will raise your chance to get it pretty high because of the huge amount of ennemies (and nordiransa), but i would suggest to buy directly in player shop if possible because this thing should be really cheap

EDIT: oh forgot to say that ヤサカニノマガタマ can drop in 2nd phase Magatsu (the AIS one) quest too