PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

Evangelion X.XX
Nov 30, 2013, 09:39 PM
^

Steps to unlock "Mild, Mild Murder III":

1) Do and Complete: "Exploration Request III" from Koffie (or in Japanese: 探索許可申請試練・Ⅲ); Completing "Exploration Request III" unlocks Tundra (the Snowy) Areas.
2) Do and Complete: "Mild, Mild Murder I" from Hans.
3) Do and Complete: "Mild, Mild Murder II" from Hans.

Once you have completed all of the steps above then "Mild, Mild Murder III" should be unlocked.

keywen
Nov 30, 2013, 10:55 PM
Been having this problem since I started playing, wondering if I'm just kind of dumb for not looking more diligently for a fix. Is there any way to get PSO2 to transfer between sound devices? It's frustrating to switch from my headphones to speakers and vice-versa while having to relog just to get this game to switch with it. I'm on Win7.

Inazuma
Dec 1, 2013, 01:25 AM
Been having this problem since I started playing, wondering if I'm just kind of dumb for not looking more diligently for a fix. Is there any way to get PSO2 to transfer between sound devices? It's frustrating to switch from my headphones to speakers and vice-versa while having to relog just to get this game to switch with it. I'm on Win7.

I have the same problem. If I want to switch to headphones, I have to completely close and re-open the game. No other program on my PC has this problem.

isCasted
Dec 1, 2013, 06:25 AM
What's a better strategy for killing Dragon Ex as Gu/Ra (Ra/Gu with multiclass TMGs)?

Currently I try this:
1) At the very beginning put weak bullet on his face and spam IF.
2) When he goes down, put another WB on his face and spam IF.

By the time I get to 2nd part, he goes past 50% HP mark and goes orange. My problem is that I can put WB while he's down, but he kills me when I try to switch back from Rifle to TMG.

How should I do it?

TaigaUC
Dec 1, 2013, 07:26 AM
I've been farming Snow Banther with this "+100% rare enemy chance" for over an hour now, and have yet to see a single rare version.
Anyone actually seen them during this "event"?

Mysterious-G
Dec 1, 2013, 07:38 AM
Ahh. Good ol' Snow Banther rankings. Rare ones never show up. Because reasons.

TaigaUC
Dec 1, 2013, 07:40 AM
The last time I did a Snow Banther interrupt ranking, I saw the rare versions twice in one hour.
Approaching two hours now and still nothing. Makes me wonder if the event is functioning as advertised.

Edit: Okay, I encountered them once after two hours. And then once more again immediately after.

PokeminMaster
Dec 1, 2013, 07:42 AM
Does it even have a rare appearance boost? It most often seems to be simply a rare drop boost, but I've really only ever seen 2 that were not scheduled XD

EDIT: Never mind, I missed the third post up ._.
Anyway, do you think the Christmas EQ might help with them? XD

kabutozero
Dec 1, 2013, 08:03 AM
same, we have been farming banthers for all the event and not a single rare -...

TaigaUC
Dec 1, 2013, 08:20 AM
I just had two in a row. I was going to give up, too.
Edit: Had one more just as the event ended. Yay.

If you're after rank 16 discs, don't break the gems until you kill all adds and both bosses.

Leopard
Dec 1, 2013, 03:57 PM
Having trouble unlocking matter board 14. All main story on the matter board complete with both versions of story missions quests up to date. If any one knows what prerequisite I might be missing would be appreciated. Thanks for your time!

.Jack
Dec 1, 2013, 04:24 PM
Is there a mission where i can find Zonde disks or is just a random drop anywhere?

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 1, 2013, 04:37 PM
^It's a random drop from anywhere, so you just have to get lucky.

Even for myself, I'm still looking for Lv. 16 Sakura-Endo that can drop from anywhere.

gigawuts
Dec 1, 2013, 04:42 PM
Different enemies are more likely to drop different disks.

For example, check these pages:
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%86%E3%82%AF%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3% 82%AF%2F%E9%9B%B7%E5%B1%9E%E6%80%A7
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%88%E3%83%B3%E3% 82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%84%2F%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%83 %8A%E7%B3%BB

Zonde is frequently found from Krabardas, among a few other enemies I believe.
Sakura End is frequently found from Rockbear, Gilnatch, Strada, Chrome Dragon, Bal Rodos, Kuklonehda, Dark Ragne, and Falz Arms, plus probably a few more.

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 1, 2013, 04:54 PM
@gigawuts:

Okay. Thanks for the heads up.

Kondibon
Dec 1, 2013, 05:03 PM
I think being the mainclass class the PAs belong to (or in the case of techs being a techer or force) improves the drop rate as well, cause I rarely if ever get hunter PAs even though I sub hunter most of the time nowadays ._.

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 1, 2013, 05:19 PM
@Kondibon:

Now that you've mentioned it, I think that's true. Because ever since I went Hunter/Braver (because I got my hands on a Sasunoguren), I haven't been seeing too many Braver PA drops, but if I can recall correctly, quite a few Hunter PA drops, among other random PA drops.

Kondibon
Dec 1, 2013, 05:25 PM
@Kondibon:

Now that you've mentioned it, I think that's true. Because ever since I went Hunter/Braver (because I got my hands on a Sasunoguren), I haven't been seeing too many Braver PA drops, but if I can recall correctly, quite a few Hunter PA drops, among other random PA drops.
It's because of what Giga pointed out. I think the listed mobs ALWAYS have a chance to drop those PAs, regardless of which class you are (I didn't say I never get hunter PAs :P). So, with the exception of rare PAs I think you can get any for your main class as normal drops, going after specific enemies just gives you better chances on top of that.

Eman2417
Dec 1, 2013, 07:45 PM
I'm getting back into the game but ship 10 is pretty much dead.
Are there many english speakers on ship 2 still there?

Kondibon
Dec 1, 2013, 07:48 PM
Are there many english speakers on ship 2 still there?Yes
*5char*

Otokonokotron
Dec 1, 2013, 10:58 PM
hey where/how do people get those power/stamina/etc. boost abilities on weapons or armor?

NexusAZ
Dec 1, 2013, 11:08 PM
hey where/how do people get those power/stamina/etc. boost abilities on weapons or armor?

They're obtained by using certain items while affixing. They have a 100% chance of success unless you use the extra slot. HP and PP are by far the cheapest as they're somewhat common on AC scratch while Power/Shoot/Tech boost were from the 1st anniversary scratch and cost several times more.

Alenoir
Dec 2, 2013, 03:48 AM
Having trouble unlocking matter board 14. All main story on the matter board complete with both versions of story missions quests up to date. If any one knows what prerequisite I might be missing would be appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Run Ep1 Ch8.

CricketJam
Dec 2, 2013, 05:25 PM
What's the best floor for the Ruins XQ aka Forsaken Aquatics extreme quest to farm fragments from with rare tickets?

PokeminMaster
Dec 2, 2013, 05:28 PM
I have been told that Stages 41-45 are your best bet, but I'm not entirely sure

strikerhunter
Dec 2, 2013, 06:24 PM
What's the best floor for the Ruins XQ aka Forsaken Aquatics extreme quest to farm fragments from with rare tickets?

40-45 or 46-50 because of higher mob numbers and floors always have rare mobs/bosses. Not to mention that they are also the easiest floors as well comparing to 20-39.

They're obtained by using certain items while affixing. They have a 100% chance of success unless you use the extra slot. HP and PP are by far the cheapest as they're somewhat common on AC scratch while Power/Shoot/Tech boost were from the 1st anniversary scratch and cost several times more.

To add on this: They are obtained previously through AC scratch (any and not just the 1 year anniversary as Otokonokotron said) but are now limited in supply because they where removed from the scratch since the 1 year anniversary so only way to get one is to buy one at an high expensive price from player shops. Items are called Power/Shoot/Tech/HP/PP boost in the EN patch.

RedRaz0r
Dec 2, 2013, 09:58 PM
I was playing on my vita and I got stuck in manual aim mode. How do I change the aim mode? I'm not even sure how I got it like that in the first place lol

Emp
Dec 2, 2013, 10:05 PM
I was playing on my vita and I got stuck in manual aim mode. How do I change the aim mode? I'm not even sure how I got it like that in the first place lol

Press the right arrow on the dpad again.

Kitsue
Dec 3, 2013, 04:09 AM
Hey there,

I'm wanting to start PSO2, seeing that the US/EU version is taking quite some times to come, and I have a few questions on that matter. Nothing technical or anything, as your guides cover that very well !
BTW, I want to say that all your guides and utilities / patch are really awesome, and it's really impressing to see so much support for a game. I've played a few japanese / chinese / korean games, but this is the first time I see so much of tools, translations etc., and it's truly refreshing and new-user friendly. Hell, sometimes it feels like I'm going to play an international version or something !

Onward to the questions !

1°) I've read a lot of topic dealing with the "Ban foreign players" adjustement in the TOS of PSO2. What is the general consensus about that ? I mean, I know we are not banned out of the blue, and that it only happens if someone report you for any reason, but are there any etiquette to follow in order to be okay ? Like, "Do not ever talk in english in public chat" or "Don't speak english if you're teamed with a jap", that sort of things. Of course, I know the obvious, aka "Don't be a stupid gaijin spamming caps everywhere" :-P.

1°bis) Again related to that matter, is it "worth it" to buy things in the cash shop ? And by worth it, I mean "Won't that get me banned" or "Is that worth it considering I could be banned in a flash" ?

2°) I'd like to know how is the lag / ping for us, poor foreign players, and how much it matters in game (because some games aren't that ping dependent). Do we have to use a ping booster if our ping really sucks ? If that can help, I'd be playing from Europe.

3°) I've read that Ship 02 is the ship to go for english (or well, foreign) players, but I've seen multiple team across different Ships, judging by all the signature and everything. Is there still a principal ship for us, and about how many player can we expect to met ? I'd think the community is quite big judging by the forum !

And there, finished. I hope those questions aren't too stupid / often asked, and that I choose the good topic to ask them. Sorry if it's not the case :/

jooozek
Dec 3, 2013, 04:28 AM
1) haven't heard of anyone banned yet for just being a foreigner, only know that if your char is named like sexysluttybitch you are gonna get banned (that took a while tho, yeah)
1b) premium is pretty much needed at endgame for at least once after getting a good amount of trash 10 star rares if you ever want to have good weapons (drop rates in this games are terrible, 1-3 psychowands drop per week per ship)
2) combat itself is for most client-side so on dodging and hitting monsters latency has pretty much no bearing, tho high latency will make monster spawns slower, really slow weapon switching (i'm from europe myself)
3) ship02 is the ship that is recommended on pso-w and bumped, both being pretty much the biggest english pso2 sites out there - you get 2 free character slots, you can just use those to scout out the ships, i recommend tho ship02, it will always have loads of english players

Kondibon
Dec 3, 2013, 05:15 AM
2) combat itself is for most client-side so on dodging and hitting monsters latency has pretty much no bearing, tho high latency will make monster spawns slower, really slow weapon switching (i'm from europe myself)
Don't forget that it also causes enemy teleporting when other players are around. But it's usually not that bad.

TaigaUC
Dec 3, 2013, 06:44 AM

1)
I only recall one person claiming to have been banned for being a foreigner, but they were probably being an asshole anyway.
I think only very few JP players don't like foreigners.
They probably have a good reason not to, because there are some pretty rude and irritating international players.
Judging from how polite your post is, I think you'll be fine.

JP people usually don't chat in public unless they're in an empty block or an unpopulated corner of the lobby.
They usually appreciate if you're trying to learn and speak their language, instead of expecting them to speak yours.

I think it's important to try and follow the stated rules/conditions of each group.
That way, you'll avoid upsetting people by ensuring that everyone has a pleasant and efficient experience.
There are a few guides around here listing common rules/conditions.

Also, you should avoid using the word "Jap", as it's seen as derogatory thanks to how it was used during the world wars.

1b)
You can easily play the game without cash shop, but you'll find some features are frustratingly absent or limited without spending some cash.
I'd say give the game a try and then decide later if it's really worth spending money on.
And no, you aren't likely to get banned in a flash unless something significant happens, like an international hacker leaking everyone's private PSO2 info.

2)
As was mentioned already, most stuff is handled client-side.
Changing weapons, enemy spawns and item drops are server-side.
If your lag is poor enough, enemy positions and the timing of their attacks may be completely different from what others see.
Sometimes you'll have an enemy following you around that others can't see.
Outside of competitive time attack, the lag generally doesn't affect the gameplay because it's designed to focus on the individual player.
As Kondibon stated above, there is sometimes some teleporting in extreme lag (usually at the start of a Falz Arms run).
Block-wide lag also occurs when everyone accesses quest menus at the same time (eg. at the start of every event, or after the first Falz Arms run is completed).

3)
I think Ship 2 is still the "international" ship.
At the very least, I'd say there are over 100 active international players.

Kitsue
Dec 3, 2013, 08:35 AM
Wow, thank you for all your answers, it's really helpful !

It's cool for us foreigner that the game is mostly client based, because I know the ping can be quite a problem in some games. Setting up foreign boosters and everything is really annoying, aha.

And thank you TaigaUC for the advice about "jap", I didn't know the "story" behind it :/ I'll avoid using it and looking like a moron then.

Thanks once again, and see you later in game !

TaigaUC
Dec 3, 2013, 12:24 PM
No problem. It's a logical abbreviation, so it can't be helped that people tend to use it without realizing that it was turned into something offensive.

.Jack
Dec 3, 2013, 02:56 PM
Anyone here happen to have this acc. or know anyone that has one? I would like to see it before I buy it.

ロングリボンB

http://i.imgur.com/xCQc6M7.jpg

HIT0SHI
Dec 3, 2013, 03:07 PM
Anyone here happen to have this acc. or know anyone that has one? I would like to see it before I buy it.

ロングリボンB

http://i.imgur.com/xCQc6M7.jpg

Here's a few examples:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://blog-imgs-42-origin.fc2.com/s/i/m/simplelife746/pso20130411_081740_045_R.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://blog-imgs-62-origin.fc2.com/y/e/e/yeets2/20130410201350ae8.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/12/5e/3b558c7f741e1ef9562dc56d84cd7973.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://blog-imgs-56-origin.fc2.com/m/a/r/maryangela/20130425012506f52.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Google is your friend~! :D
Keep it mind it clips through the right ear allegedly...

pkemr4
Dec 3, 2013, 03:15 PM
is this what most females use for bust shape...?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/U3LDWKU.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
got a 60 minute time limit since premium...

not trying to break rules or anything >_>

TaigaUC
Dec 3, 2013, 04:35 PM

I personally found that the white-edged version (long ribbon A) tends to go with more outfits than the black rim.
For example: black Heartbreaker, black Pure Maid Dress, probably most black outfits, the yukatas, etc.
The black-edged version (long ribbon B) goes well with the white Pure Maid Dress and the white Crazy Kitten. Works with Rin's Absolute Layer too.

Might be different depending on your skin and hair colors.

r00tabaga
Dec 3, 2013, 06:11 PM
How hard is it to do stereoscopic 3D? I have a GeForce 620 & 3DTV. It's in the Nvidia settings I'm guessing.
Any guides???

RedRaz0r
Dec 4, 2013, 12:16 AM
Just came back to play again after being off for a few months. Is this general boost event thing thats going on in a different free field every day a permanent thing that will be happening everyday from now on? Or is this just a limited time thing? Or does anyone know?

strikerhunter
Dec 4, 2013, 12:20 AM
Just came back to play again after being off for a few months. Is this general boost event thing thats going on in a different free field every day a permanent thing that will be happening everyday from now on? Or is this just a limited time thing? Or does anyone know?

Happens to what area or quest the boost specifically stated is for on whatever day it goes active on. It's a specific boost to a specific quest but sometimes general.

(They are normally the weekend after a maintenance now)

Look on bumped since they have the converted timezone for eastern to figure out the timing along with map/quest.

Also there is an indicator on the quest that will show which quest is getting the boost.

Kondibon
Dec 4, 2013, 12:20 AM
Just came back to play again after being off for a few months. Is this general boost event thing thats going on in a different free field every day a permanent thing that will be happening everyday from now on? Or is this just a limited time thing? Or does anyone know?It's just an event as far as I know but they seem to have events like that fairly often.

MetalDude
Dec 4, 2013, 01:18 AM
I've been running into an issue when registering information on an account.

姓(カナ)が全角カタカナではありません
(Kana) is not a full width katakana last name.

Kanji info is entered using full width characters and the first and surname are both google translated into Japanese katakana. What's the fix for this?

red1228
Dec 4, 2013, 03:58 AM
Is anyone else getting more TACO glitches?
Before the Halloween update, I never got them at all. After the Halloween update, I got them for Naberious 2 & Sanctum. After this most recent update, I am now getting the glitch on ALL of the TACOs. Amdu is particularly bad; the last room (long stretch into Boss Room), I actually lose the ability to move (in addition to the standard loss of typing / switching palattes / opening menu).

I am going to try re-installing PSO2 completely to see if that fixes it (seems to have worked for two of my friends who got it before I did). Considering how long it takes to download the game "initially" though... I am most definitely not amused Sega/c.

Kondibon
Dec 4, 2013, 04:00 AM
Is anyone else getting more TACO glitches?
Before the Halloween update, I never got them at all. After the Halloween update, I got them for Naberious 2 & Sanctum. After this most recent update, I am now getting the glitch on ALL of the TACOs. Amdu is particularly bad; the last room (long stretch into Boss Room), I actually lose the ability to move (in addition to the standard loss of typing / switching palattes / opening menu).

I am going to try re-installing PSO2 completely to see if that fixes it (seems to have worked for two of my friends who got it before I did). Considering how long it takes to download the game "initially" though... I am most definitely not amused Sega/c.Do a full file check. I had this problem too. It was caused by some missing files.

NexusAZ
Dec 4, 2013, 05:16 AM
Alright, I've got some odd things going on now...

1.) My "E" macro now causes a MASSIVE FPS drop, which worked fine before without any issue. Has anybody else had this issue? If you have, do you know of any way to fix it?

2.) For some reason, my Shift key no longer works as it used to. Instead of holding it down to switch to my other PAs and switching back upon release... it now stays on them until I hit shift again. Like before, anybody else had this issue and know a fix for it?

The macro isn't a huge issue, but I would prefer it worked as intended. The Shift issue though... that is something that will completely throw me off.

Thanks in advance for any help

red1228
Dec 4, 2013, 05:20 AM
Do a full file check. I had this problem too. It was caused by some missing files.

Not sure how I "lost" files, but that worked wonderfully & only took maybe 20 mins to find the missing 340 files & re-install the three primary Tweaker Patches. Thank you very much.

KazukiQZ
Dec 4, 2013, 06:08 AM
@NexusAZ

For question 2: Try go to Option > Basic Settings > Palette Change Setting > click 'Hold'

NexusAZ
Dec 4, 2013, 06:20 AM
@NexusAZ

For question 2: Try go to Option > Basic Settings > Palette Change Setting > click 'Hold'

You know, I was 90% sure I probably skipped over something in the options... but favored the other 10% that I didn't instead. Welp, there's my stupid moment for the day.

Thank you, problem solved

TaigaUC
Dec 4, 2013, 11:22 AM

They're just giving us incentive to do the same crap over and over.
The boosts are kinda minor, too.
Better than nothing, but I've only been taking advantage of the rare enemy boosts.

Edson Drake
Dec 4, 2013, 02:36 PM
What does it mean the "w" I see the japanese including in some of their phrases? They do it all the time and I was wondering. Is it akin to the "no" character when making a party?

xillia000
Dec 4, 2013, 02:38 PM
"w" is the japanese way of saying "lol"

doubleEXP
Dec 4, 2013, 02:39 PM
If it's a ^ ^ (rather than a W) then that's just a Japanese-style smiley emoticon. They often do that like we do : ) or =)

I've seen that since back in the original PSO (when the servers were all merged, NA, EU and JP) and also in FFXI.

"W' may be a shorthand way of typing ^ ^

Takaaaa
Dec 4, 2013, 03:48 PM
I'm having a problem with my character's skin color. When I create him, it looks fine, but in game his skin is too white, almost gray. Anyone else have this problem? I tried to adjust it, but ends up looking pink. Is there a color setting, im missing to adjust?

strikerhunter
Dec 4, 2013, 04:00 PM
I'm having a problem with my character's skin color. When I create him, it looks fine, but in game his skin is too white, almost gray. Anyone else have this problem? I tried to adjust it, but ends up looking pink. Is there a color setting, im missing to adjust?

Lighting in the salon is the issue.

Lighting in the salon and out of the salon are different therefore making your character looking a bit because of the lighting and several other stuffs.

TaigaUC
Dec 4, 2013, 04:10 PM
What does it mean the "w" I see the japanese including in some of their phrases? They do it all the time and I was wondering. Is it akin to the "no" character when making a party?

"w" is short for warau (笑う), the verb for laughing/smiling, or warai (笑い) which means laughter or a smile.
The more "w", the more laughs or smiles. Sometimes you'll see the kanji (笑) instead of "w".

Japanese people use keyboards like ours, so they have to type "wara" in English letters. It's faster to just type "w".
For that reason, you'll sometimes see Japanese people using other abbreviations that consist entirely of English letters or numbers.
Examples include "kwsk" for "kuwasiku", "wktk" for "wakuwaku tekateka", "39" for "sankyuu" (thank you), or "8888" for "pachi pachi pachi pachi" (sfx for clapping applause).
There are various sites around the internet that list those abbreviations.

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

.Jack
Dec 5, 2013, 01:50 AM
Here's a few examples:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://blog-imgs-42-origin.fc2.com/s/i/m/simplelife746/pso20130411_081740_045_R.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://blog-imgs-62-origin.fc2.com/y/e/e/yeets2/20130410201350ae8.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/12/5e/3b558c7f741e1ef9562dc56d84cd7973.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://blog-imgs-56-origin.fc2.com/m/a/r/maryangela/20130425012506f52.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Google is your friend~! :D
Keep it mind it clips through the right ear allegedly...

I did google, I just wanted to see it in game to see how it flowed if that makes sense.

I personally found that the white-edged version (long ribbon A) tends to go with more outfits than the black rim.
For example: black Heartbreaker, black Pure Maid Dress, probably most black outfits, the yukatas, etc.
The black-edged version (long ribbon B) goes well with the white Pure Maid Dress and the white Crazy Kitten. Works with Rin's Absolute Layer too.

Might be different depending on your skin and hair colors.

Thanks for the input. :-) I just wanted something rare. I've been looking for this for days in filled blocks and never saw one in game so I mostly just got it for the rarity of it. I think it looks decent with my outfit:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/l6eDx9r.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

RedRaz0r
Dec 5, 2013, 03:01 AM
I got some questions about the boss Blu Ringahada...
1. Is there any reason to breaking his weapons?
2. As a force, what should I be doing during this fight?
3. What's the general strategy to be killing this guy?

My group seems to take way too long and has way too much trouble killing this thing and we feel like we're missing something. We know you can destroy the rings to stun him. Is there anything else to know about this guy?

XYllyX
Dec 5, 2013, 03:11 AM
1. breaking both rings stun him, like how breaking one of the shells on ragne's legs will stun him or the crystal on the tail of the vol dragon, most if not all enemies have some sort of part which you can break to stun them

2. buffs before fight and using light-type offensive spells, I guess

3. he has an annoying map-covering attack that sweeps black tornado thingies across the battlefield, if he has both his rings, I'd stay close to him so you can dash or teleport behind him as he starts using it, if he only has one ring though, you could probably outrun it as it only comes from one direction as opposed to both, he's fast and very annoying

again destroying the rings stun him as well as only having one makes him unable to use the more powerful version of the sweeping attack so you should at least try to focus on destroying one

XYllyX
Dec 5, 2013, 03:15 AM
Also, the core english patch isn't working for me, and I got the latest english patch. I could deal with the rest of the japanese, but the cores I definitely need for the meuns and stuff.

Anyone else have the problem?

KazukiQZ
Dec 5, 2013, 03:49 AM
Is the main EN patch dated 4th December 2013? Because this is the latest one and it's working so far for me.

TaigaUC
Dec 5, 2013, 06:19 AM
I've been looking for this for days in filled blocks and never saw one in game

Probably because it's kinda limited to twin tails type hairstyles without looking weird.
I used to see it fairly often, though.

One of my characters looks best with twin tails, so she always has the long ribbons.
Unlike most other hair accessories, the long ribbons are aligned perfectly for the long twin tail hairstyle.
Others tend to be misaligned and/or floating elsewhere.

I've been thinking it'd be nice if PSO2 allowed people to modify accessory position and rotation like some other games do.
You'd think a game that focuses so heavily on character aesthetics would have those kinds of features.

Kikikiki
Dec 5, 2013, 07:06 AM
Then you'd reflect back on how lazy of a bunch SEGAC is.

jooozek
Dec 5, 2013, 07:09 AM
not really looking for a solution but just curious, does gameguard randomly at start log off the logged in windows account by crashing winlogon.exe for anyone else? you can only see that it kills winlogon.exe in the event viewer when it logs you off btw

TaigaUC
Dec 5, 2013, 10:13 AM
Then you'd reflect back on how lazy of a bunch SEGAC is.

Hey, it's really tiring swimming through piles of cash!

does gameguard randomly at start log off the logged in windows account by crashing winlogon.exe for anyone else?

Haven't noticed anything like that on my side.
Gameguard dies fairly often on startup, that's about it.

What a champion, eh? Kills itself before the game even starts.
I wonder how much SEGA is paying them for their... "service".

Coatl
Dec 5, 2013, 10:33 AM
not really looking for a solution but just curious, does gameguard randomly at start log off the logged in windows account by crashing winlogon.exe for anyone else? you can only see that it kills winlogon.exe in the event viewer when it logs you off btw

what does crashing winlogon.exe do exactly?

jooozek
Dec 5, 2013, 10:48 AM
logs off the current windows user

Coatl
Dec 5, 2013, 10:55 AM
Ah, no. I don't recall gameguard logging me off windows. But I'll take a closer look before I get on PSO2.

KazukiQZ
Dec 5, 2013, 11:42 AM
logs off the current windows user
Happen to me once, and during Dark Falz Elder to boot. :o
Suddenly the screen turned black (I thought it's overheating) but then, the Windows log-in screen appeared and said my account is locked. And PSO2 crashed :(

jooozek
Dec 5, 2013, 11:44 AM
it doesn't lock the account, it totally logs you off - you must've hit the locking keys (win key + L)

KazukiQZ
Dec 5, 2013, 11:47 AM
^....That is a very ominous shortcut key :I
Must had happened during chat, or I would never pressed L (don't have anything set there)

Requiem Aeternam
Dec 5, 2013, 12:51 PM
What are the best stats to have on a HUFI/FIHU Mag for a male Deuman?

Pugas87
Dec 5, 2013, 01:38 PM
What are the best stats to have on a HUFI/FIHU Mag for a male Deuman?

I may be wrong, but I would say 175 S-ATK.

Max2001
Dec 5, 2013, 01:56 PM
Can I make a charater in the second slot, put the mag in the bank (storage), then delete that second character but still have the mag for my main character to raise?

Shinamori
Dec 5, 2013, 02:01 PM
Nope.

KazukiQZ
Dec 5, 2013, 05:42 PM
^To add to that, Mag in this game aren't item, and they are character-bounded, unlike PSO1 mag system.

RedRaz0r
Dec 5, 2013, 11:19 PM
Does the rare boost part of the Tri-Boost stack with an individual rare boost ticket?
Example, 100% triboost + 50% rare boost = 150%? Or is it just the 100%?

Kondibon
Dec 5, 2013, 11:20 PM
Does the rare boost part of the Tri-Boost stack with an individual rare boost ticket?
Example, 100% triboost + 50% rare boost = 150%? Or is it just the 100%?

I'm pretty sure that the tri-boost stacks with any other booster.

NiNNY
Dec 6, 2013, 12:31 AM
this might be a dumb question but i recently bought a premium set for 30 days and a ticket for a shop but where did they go?
it consumed my ark cash but i have no idea where those 2 items went.

RedRaz0r
Dec 6, 2013, 12:54 AM
In the EX quests, do the higher up stones drop at all in the higher floors of the missions, or do only the lowest version of the stones drop? Also, how rare are the catalyst drops?

Alma
Dec 6, 2013, 02:16 AM
In the EX quests, do the higher up stones drop at all in the higher floors of the missions, or do only the lowest version of the stones drop? Also, how rare are the catalyst drops?

Higher tier stone can drop at special stage that show up randomly on each set of floor (the one that have ???? Icon)

Catalys is a sure reward from completing 1-50 floor of EXQ

urburjer
Dec 6, 2013, 09:38 AM
Hi, I'm new here, and I have a question regarding weapon changing shortcut: if you change weapon palette switching to 1~0, then how are you to use skills, mates and PBs, assuming I'm only using keyboard (laptop)?

Pugas87
Dec 6, 2013, 10:55 AM
this might be a dumb question but i recently bought a premium set for 30 days and a ticket for a shop but where did they go?
it consumed my ark cash but i have no idea where those 2 items went.

You may have bought to storage. Check that. It should be a ticket with japanese and the number 30 unless your using the item translation patch.

urburjer
Dec 6, 2013, 11:30 AM
In the options, you can set sub-palette to num1~num0 or F1~F10.

You can also manually select items on your sub-palette with G or H, and access them with B. (assuming you're using default KB settings.)

Ah, that's right, I didn't notice that. Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll go ahead and set sub-palette to F1-F10 since selecting them with G or H takes too much time.

tigerpenguin
Dec 7, 2013, 12:56 AM
I understand that I can change my class anytime (i.e. Brave -> Hunter) and I'll become a level 1 hunter. But how do I level it up? It seems like I can't repeat the CO or the story quest, they don't get reset. Do I just have to straight up grind it with just killing mobs? Thanks

KazukiQZ
Dec 7, 2013, 01:12 AM
^Aside from grinding EXP by killing mobs, some NPC can give repeatable Client Orders that you can use to level up the another class you desire.

There's Hans, Revelle, Kressida and Franka to name a few that give neat experiences for most of their COs. But iirc, for some of the NPC you must first unlock Hard mode (done through one of Koffie's CO), which means one of your class must have reach level 20 1st (To unlock the above CO from Koffie).

Level 20 also unlock Sub-class System in which you can bring 2 classes at once, one act as main class while the other is (duh) sub-class. As a sub-class, you cannot use all its weapon type freely (other than the multi-class weapon), but you gain benefit of using all their skills and 20% ( correct me if I'm wrong) of the class overall stat.

The best of all is, you can also level-up subclass while leveling the main class as it gains experience 10% of what main class will get. As example, if killing an enemy give 100 EXP, your main class will gain 100 EXP while sub-class gain 10 EXP. This will continue until your sub-class reach level 45.

The best you can do for starter is leveling your main class 1st, and know what playstyle you want to have, since this can determine which class and main/sub class combo is the best for you.

TaigaUC
Dec 7, 2013, 10:34 AM
Around how many stones does a person obtain per Tundra/Mech XQ 1-5 without luck boosts and with?

xillia000
Dec 7, 2013, 11:22 AM
Around how many stones does a person obtain per Tundra/Mech XQ 1-5 without luck boosts and with?

Around 20-40 fragments :)

Emp
Dec 7, 2013, 11:27 AM
Around 20-40 fragments :)

Frankly, you'll be lucky enough to even get 30.

xillia000
Dec 7, 2013, 12:19 PM
Frankly, you'll be lucky enough to even get 30.

Shhhhhh, I'm just trying to make people waste their EX passes :P

Emp
Dec 7, 2013, 12:22 PM
Shhhhhh, I'm just trying to make people waste their EX passes :P

Save up passes and make desperate people buy em.

Its been 25 days since I redeemed my stones for XQ rod and I still haven't grinded it. Im not sure if I want to cause that Saint Feather rod looks mighty nice with its pp regen latent.

TaigaUC
Dec 7, 2013, 01:04 PM
Tundra/Mech XQ 1-5 is the fastest way to get those stones, right?
I have 110+ passes on each of 3 accounts.
My friend needs 761 more mech fragments and 1864 more forest fragments.
So we'd need to do ~26 times? Sounds boring.

How many would a person get from doing Forest 31-35?

Emp
Dec 7, 2013, 01:08 PM
Tundra/Mech XQ 1-5 is the fastest way to get those stones, right?
I have 110+ passes on each of 3 accounts.
My friend needs 761 more mech fragments and 1864 more forest fragments.
So we'd need to do ~26 times? Sounds boring.

How many would a person get from doing Forest 31-35?

On a 50% ALL QUEST rare boost day w/ 250%, you're looking at like 60-80 tier 1. With 100% triboost added on, its like 70-90 <--almost 90 if you use lucky rise.

Lately Sega hasnt been 50% all quest days, so I prolly wouldnt recommend running XQ.

gigawuts
Dec 7, 2013, 01:12 PM
Save up passes and make desperate people buy em.

Its been 25 days since I redeemed my stones for XQ rod and I still haven't grinded it. Im not sure if I want to cause that Saint Feather rod looks mighty nice with its pp regen latent.

Hold onto the rod and use it to element grind an 11* rod you find elsewhere

Emp
Dec 7, 2013, 01:14 PM
Hold onto the rod and use it to element grind an 11* rod you find elsewhere

D8

But you know element grinding sux if you use weapons that aren't the same. Plus ele grinding rod is just plain stupid. ;-)

Kikikiki
Dec 7, 2013, 01:23 PM
Rod needs element grinding?

gigawuts
Dec 7, 2013, 01:30 PM
D8

But you know element grinding sux if you use weapons that aren't the same. Plus ele grinding rod is just plain stupid. ;-)

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Dec 7, 2013, 02:16 PM
PSO2 humor!

Anyway, thanks for the info.
Yeah, I would like a rare boost event, but SEGA hates us.

Kikikiki
Dec 7, 2013, 03:02 PM
Will I be able to get enough fragments for 10 ores in 4 1-50 Tundra runs without boosters?

Emp
Dec 7, 2013, 03:20 PM
Will I be able to get enough fragments for 10 ores in 4 1-50 Tundra runs without boosters?

Yea but thats alot of tickets. 60-80 tier 1 for 1 pass for a certain set of floors for 1 is better than spending 10 passes to get the clear bonus.

Kikikiki
Dec 7, 2013, 03:47 PM
I need catalysts.

TaigaUC
Dec 7, 2013, 04:17 PM
If you play all classes and wanted to gat one XQ weapon, what would you choose?

Kikikiki
Dec 7, 2013, 04:38 PM
I main huehuehue so I'm going for Katana.

gigawuts
Dec 7, 2013, 04:59 PM
None right now.

Seriously. How long have these weapons been in the game? Some of them are already outpaced by perfectly affordable 10*s - affordable at base cast, not even counting the difference in grinding and affixing costs.

It's honestly better to wait and see what they do with newer 11*s, because yes they are eventually coming.

Pugas87
Dec 7, 2013, 05:01 PM
So I'm pretty sure you can only grind attribute the 11star katana (or any 11star weapon for that matter) with other 11star katanas (respective 11star weapon type), ie sange or the stone shop 11star. That sounds like it will take forever. So my question is are people more interested in 10star weapons for this reason? Potentially a +10 ten star with 50 element seems better than the 11star stone weapons without.

strikerhunter
Dec 7, 2013, 05:34 PM
So I'm pretty sure you can only grind attribute the 11star katana (or any 11star weapon for that matter) with other 11star katanas (respective 11star weapon type), ie sange or the stone shop 11star. That sounds like it will take forever. So my question is are people more interested in 10star weapons for this reason? Potentially a +10 ten star with 50 element seems better than the 11star stone weapons without.

That along with 10* being easier to get than 11*s.

Pugas87
Dec 7, 2013, 05:37 PM
That along with 10* being easier to get than 11*s.

Depend's on RNG of course. I'm not sure what's easier at this point with my crap luck. スサノグレン Susano Guren or 華散王 Kazanou. The latter is at least guaranteed through endless XQ runs.

TaigaUC
Dec 7, 2013, 05:46 PM
Hmm. Okay, thanks.
I was thinking of maybe getting a katana because I'm not expecting SEGA to put any decent camos or katana-ish katanas any time soon.
I guess we might find out next week when they show us how item customization works.

It's honestly better to wait and see what they do with newer 11*s, because yes they are eventually coming.

I've been wondering about that for a while.
They'll probably have a ridiculous cost, like 50 XQ complete stones or something.

strikerhunter
Dec 7, 2013, 05:53 PM
Depend's on RNG of course. I'm not sure what's easier at this point with my crap luck. スサノグレン Susano Guren or 華散王 Kazanou. The latter is at least guaranteed through endless XQ runs.

Should had explained what I was trying to say a bit more:

10* are easier to get because it's just a simple forever genociding killing streak. Whereas 11*-12* have horrendous drop rates and the XQ ones takes forever (not forever now since the 3 free t3 stones from titles).

Grinding, affixing, and element grinding 11*s makes 10* grinding, affixing, element grinding look............well I don't have the word for it but it's horrendous.

Hmm. Okay, thanks.
I was thinking of maybe getting a katana because I'm not expecting SEGA to put any decent camos or katana-ish katanas any time soon.
I guess we might find out next week when they show us how item customization works.

That item customization update was delayed and moved into Jan or Feb of 2014 if I remember correctly.

hungryneko
Dec 7, 2013, 10:58 PM
I am starting to get into adding abilities to item, would anyone give me a basic direction? I am playing melee Fi/Hu

I heard that I should add vol soul and s-atk 3 to my armor piece, how should I do this?

Scale of Judgment
Dec 7, 2013, 11:51 PM
I am starting to get into adding abilities to item, would anyone give me a basic direction? I am playing melee Fi/Hu

I heard that I should add vol soul and s-atk 3 to my armor piece, how should I do this?

You need 2 vol souls to be placed into an armor piece. even with that, it is 50% success. 3 pieces with vol makes it 80%.
Power3 is 60% for 1 out of 3, then 80% for 2 out of 3.

You can only add abilities with the same slots. Having 3 slot and merge with 2 other units with 3 slots. You can make a +1 more slot to make it a 4 slot but that will decrease chances of success across the board.

Best bet is to have your ideal unit piece to have the soul at least. Then get two myshop units that has the soul+power3 and slap them on. Get a 20% and a stam/spirit/power booster for a 3 slot success.

TaigaUC
Dec 8, 2013, 12:51 AM
That item customization update was delayed and moved into Jan or Feb of 2014 if I remember correctly.

Ricardo's blog has details on next week's live broadcast, and it says they are going to unveil the item customization.

WBMike
Dec 8, 2013, 09:09 AM

Ricardo's blog has details on next week's live broadcast, and it says they are going to unveil the item customization.

Yes the Item Customization System is still on for January, but the live broadcast is going to show something about it next week.
Here's a hint "創るもの"

Not Crazed
Dec 8, 2013, 09:36 AM
Whats the best way to get the 11* Talis? 'Imi Fujibakama'
I have none of the parts, apart from some cerulean fragments and ores D:
Also, anyone have any tips for killing bosses quickly as a force? :3
Thanks in advance!

TaigaUC
Dec 8, 2013, 09:59 AM
Uhh... I got a Ranger's Upper Trap off Elder on one of my Gu/Hu characters.
I double-checked and I definitely picked it up from Elder.
We can't pick up other player's traps, can we?

Emp
Dec 8, 2013, 10:16 AM
Whats the best way to get the 11* Talis? 'Imi Fujibakama'
I have none of the parts, apart from some cerulean fragments and ores D:
Also, anyone have any tips for killing bosses quickly as a force? :3
Thanks in advance!

The best way to kill bosses is namegid or nafoie. Really depends on the boss for either tech. Remember to party with 3 others, always easier that way.

Rakurai
Dec 8, 2013, 06:13 PM
Does enemy level seem to affect the chances of bosses dropping gear with their soul on it at all, or can you just farm Normal mode bosses for them?

Link1275
Dec 8, 2013, 09:53 PM
It probably doesn't, but it could affect the amount of other affixes on it and other things about it.

histugiyia
Dec 8, 2013, 10:05 PM
i need help ilaunched the game on aidas launcher then the game loaded then it said

pso2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

Gama
Dec 9, 2013, 08:02 AM
i need help ilaunched the game on aidas launcher then the game loaded then it said

pso2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

ok...

update gfx driver

intall net framework 3.5 and 4.0

go to aidas twerker, right click, option, set it to always run as admin.

try and see if it still gives you an error.

Eman2417
Dec 9, 2013, 03:53 PM
When the webmoney code is purchased, what needs to be done on the main pso2 site? I understand the captcha part but for webmoney, does it require you to type in Japanese information? address, city, etc. Or can I just type in the code and be done with it?

RedRaz0r
Dec 9, 2013, 06:59 PM
Theres a way to transfer a character between ships right? If so, how much does it cost and how do I do it?

strikerhunter
Dec 9, 2013, 10:20 PM
Theres a way to transfer a character between ships right? If so, how much does it cost and how do I do it?

When you log into your character, I believe the second option leads to the choice of delete or ship transfer. When asking to transfer ship, you need 500 AC and then select which ship to transfer.

Note: All items on the character at the time of transfer is also transferred but all items not on character or in bank or my shop will not be transferred.

Skywolf
Dec 9, 2013, 11:26 PM
I've been wondering this for awhile now...

How do players do the autowords that announce what an Emergency code is and where on the map it is, for example "Emergency Code Attack e-2"?

MetalMarth
Dec 9, 2013, 11:35 PM
How can i get ミクダヨー ???

Zephryl
Dec 9, 2013, 11:37 PM
How can i get ミクダヨー ???

From using the "進化デバイス/ミクダヨー" item, which was available from an old AC Scratch. I believe the only way to currently get one is through Player Shops.

Pugas87
Dec 9, 2013, 11:40 PM
I've been wondering this for awhile now...

How do players do the autowords that announce what an Emergency code is and where on the map it is, for example "Emergency Code Attack e-2"?

<et1> is emergency trial
<pos> is your location
<t> is target if u wanna add more to it
Iirc autowords are auto party chat so you'll need to put /a in front to tell everyone where the etrial is.

Emp
Dec 9, 2013, 11:48 PM
<et1> is emergency trial
<pos> is your location
<t> is target if u wanna add more to it
Iirc autowords are auto party chat so you'll need to put /a in front to tell everyone where the etrial is.

Lets go even further with the question,

Do you know how some people's autowords specify the exact name of the code? I have couple friends that, for example, have their autowords that will specifically tell me its "Code: Avoid", ect.

RedRaz0r
Dec 10, 2013, 12:59 AM
How many ticks does Gibarta do, and is it worth spamming? Like does it reset the ticks if I cast it before they original ones are done?

XYllyX
Dec 10, 2013, 01:20 AM
Cirnopedia keeps laggin it up. What gives? Is there a way to stop the moving background?

WildarmsRE5
Dec 10, 2013, 01:35 AM
Cirnopedia keeps laggin it up. What gives? Is there a way to stop the moving background?I know a simple way, stop using cirno while playing. :wacko:

XYllyX
Dec 10, 2013, 04:29 AM
It happens whether or not I'm on PSO2, and I'm pretty sure most people don't log out of the game just to copy/paste an item name

It doesn't happen on my desktop computer, and it happens most of the time on my laptop, regardless of whether or not PSO2 is runnin.

Also, can non-premium members recieve trades from premium members?

WildarmsRE5
Dec 10, 2013, 05:23 AM
It happens whether or not I'm on PSO2, and I'm pretty sure most people don't log out of the game just to copy/paste an item name

It doesn't happen on my desktop computer, and it happens most of the time on my laptop, regardless of whether or not PSO2 is runnin.

Also, can non-premium members recieve trades from premium members?then its an Overclocking issue.

premium <---> premium b._.b

non-premium <---> premium, ._.
nope :wacko:

XYllyX
Dec 10, 2013, 06:36 AM
then its an Overclocking issue.

what the heck

gigawuts
Dec 10, 2013, 08:29 AM
How exactly would that be an overclocking issue?

Anyway, Cirno is just a bad website in general for weaker machines. Can't they just use a simpler layout that does not constantly lock up the browser for a couple of seconds when changing pages? >_>

No, some site designers believe that a site is only as good as its fluff.

edit: I advise familiarizing yourself with the JP wiki anyway - http://pso2.swiki.jp/

You'll recognize some kanji along the way, and rely less and less on translations because of it. I don't speak japanese but I could navigate the wiki perfectly after only a few uses. It's also helped me recognize things ingame.

Not to mention the fact that information is added sooner after updates, and there's a time table for when various events/boosts/etc. are scheduled on the front page.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 10, 2013, 08:37 AM
the only thing good on Cirno right now is that it has a God Eater theme now. . .

Emp
Dec 10, 2013, 09:04 AM
I have absolutely no problem loading cirno on my laptops(one of them is 5 years old, with 4g of ram).

Also, you have a phone with an internet browser right? How bout use that lol? I use my phone more than anything else.

Tsukasa102
Dec 10, 2013, 09:30 AM
Hey there,
I already have an account for PS02, and I wanted to get my friend to play. I told him i'd make him an account, but when I go (After validating the email and going to the part with the hiragana captcha) I get an undefined error after entering everything.

http://i.imgur.com/p3ki323.png

Any idea what that's over? Sorry, I hate my first post to be a question, but I thought it'd be best to come here and ask. You'd have my gratitude. I'd just like to show him how awesome the game's been for me so far.

Coatl
Dec 10, 2013, 10:54 AM
Hey there,
I already have an account for PS02, and I wanted to get my friend to play. I told him i'd make him an account, but when I go (After validating the email and going to the part with the hiragana captcha) I get an undefined error after entering everything.

http://i.imgur.com/p3ki323.png

Any idea what that's over? Sorry, I hate my first post to be a question, but I thought it'd be best to come here and ask. You'd have my gratitude. I'd just like to show him how awesome the game's been for me so far.

I fixed this problem by just using a different browser. Stupid chrome would keep putting out that error message.

Takatsuki
Dec 10, 2013, 11:22 AM
How exactly do the present boxes work?

Can I, for example, buy a costume off the player shops, then put it in one of the Christmas boxes and place it in my friend's mini room for him to then open and receive? Or are there restrictions like only being able to give common items or only to people with premium?

If it helps, I have premium, but my friend does not.

NexusAZ
Dec 10, 2013, 11:24 AM
How exactly do the present boxes work?

Can I, for example, buy a costume off the player shops, then put it in one of the Christmas boxes and place it in my friend's mini room for him to then open and receive? Or are there restrictions like only being able to give common items or only to people with premium?

If it helps, I have premium, but my friend does not.

As far as I know, you can't put any 10 star weapon/units in, but 7-9 are fine. There is a 100K Meseta cap though. They can open the present without premium as well.

r00tabaga
Dec 10, 2013, 03:35 PM
Weapon camo Q:
If I put a camo on mech guns and the original has a certain firing sound or animation when shot, does this still happen with new camo?

NexusAZ
Dec 10, 2013, 03:37 PM
Weapon camo Q:
If I put a camo on mech guns and the original has a certain firing sound or animation when shot, does this still happen with new camo?

The Camo will overwrite the sound and animation.

Max2001
Dec 10, 2013, 03:44 PM
I have a question about the 11 item costume scratch card: ACスクラッチゴールド券 (AC Scratch Gold Ticket)

When you buy this, what costumes are possibly available? Does it randomly choose from all costumes? Or only from the ones currently available for the lesser AC counts? Or is there some other method that determines which costumes you might possibly get?

TaigaUC
Dec 10, 2013, 03:48 PM
Weapon camo Q:

Be warned that the Border Break camos also tend to have bizarre sheathed placement.

I have a question about the 11 item costume scratch card: ACスクラッチゴールド券 (AC Scratch Gold Ticket)

When you buy this, what costumes are possibly available? Does it randomly choose from all costumes? Or only from the ones currently available for the lesser AC counts? Or is there some other method that determines which costumes you might possibly get?

You can see the Gold stuff here:
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/gold/20131127/

It's random number generation, like pretty much everything in the game.
In other words, you can still end up with rubbish crap, even if you pay extra.

Link1275
Dec 10, 2013, 03:49 PM

Each scratch comes out with certain costumes, new scratches are released every month or so.

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 10, 2013, 03:50 PM
@Max2001:

Look at this site for the currently available costumes and/or other available items:

http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/

Yes, when you scratch, it will randomly choose from all possible costumes (provided it's available in the current Scratch).

The method is completely random; no lie.

I strongly suggest that if you have a particular costume that you want, buy it from the player's shop in order to save "real life" money.

The only thing that's good about AC Scratch is if you want to use real-life money to make virtual-online-in-game money.

Max2001
Dec 10, 2013, 04:05 PM
Thank you all for your input (re: AC Scratch and costumes). You all saved me from wasting my AC on an 11-slot 5000 AC scratch ticket. I really don't like all that many of the current costumes.

Sounds like I should save my AC, either for a scratch where I love almost all the costumes or for when I have enough stuff to justify buying Premium and opening a shop to sell with.

That sound about right?

EDIT:
@ Link1275 - Thank you!

Link1275
Dec 10, 2013, 04:46 PM
Thank you all for your input (re: AC Scratch and costumes). You all saved me from wasting my AC on an 11-slot 5000 AC scratch ticket. I really don't like all that many of the current costumes.

Sounds like I should save my AC, either for a scratch where I love almost all the costumes or for when I have enough stuff to justify buying Premium and opening a shop to sell with.

That sound about right?
That's the way it works.

TaigaUC
Dec 10, 2013, 04:47 PM
That sound about right?

I guess. It's best to wait for a scratch with lots of really popular stuff that you can probably keep and resell for a huge fortune later, like that one year anniversary scratch.

If you need to sell stuff, you can always hope for a FUN scratch shop ticket.

Shinamori
Dec 10, 2013, 05:44 PM
WHat's the closest thing to Tear Grants costume and hair style?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq142/tonjunsama/normal_Tear_Grants_VS.jpg
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090605172212/aselia/images/6/60/Tear_Grants.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Otokonokotron
Dec 10, 2013, 05:50 PM
i dont get it... it says that fang soul boosts success rate of shock. i have the target weapon, it has to abilities that are just there as place holders. the material weapons throw one shock II, and one Fang Soul into the mix. but shock II stay a low 40%. i totally remember that vol soul boosted a single burn III all the way up to 80%. what am i doing wrong??

TaigaUC
Dec 10, 2013, 05:51 PM
WHat's the closest thing to Tear Grants costume and hair style?

There still aren't any long hairstyles with the hair covering one eye like that. Only a short one.
If they weren't so lazy, they could just use the "over eye" short hair and paste long hair on the back, like they've been doing with the really boring casual and straight hairstyles.
I could probably do that in like 5 minutes.

what am i doing wrong??

I think you need two souls. I may be wrong, though.
Maybe you should try using the Dudu simulators beforehand.

Otokonokotron
Dec 10, 2013, 05:55 PM
o ok, thanks

strikerhunter
Dec 10, 2013, 06:43 PM
i dont get it... it says that fang soul boosts success rate of shock. i have the target weapon, it has to abilities that are just there as place holders. the material weapons throw one shock II, and one Fang Soul into the mix. but shock II stay a low 40%. i totally remember that vol soul boosted a single burn III all the way up to 80%. what am i doing wrong??

I think you need two souls. I may be wrong, though.
Maybe you should try using the Dudu simulators beforehand.

Yes, you need 2 or 3 souls to have the effect on for soul effects to kick in because soul must be transferable during affixing process.

Emp
Dec 10, 2013, 08:22 PM
Just +10d and lvl 3d my pandora extreme I found today, need to 50 and affix it still. But how does Perfect Calmamity boost Perfect Keeper at lvl 3?

TaigaUC
Dec 10, 2013, 08:39 PM
Just +10d and lvl 3d my pandora extreme I found today, need to 50 and affix it still. But how does Perfect Calmamity boost Perfect Keeper at lvl 3?

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%91%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3% 82%A8%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC %E3%83%A0

Says it's 5% at level 3.
I sure hope that's 5% when health is maxed, and not 5% of 120%.

Emp
Dec 10, 2013, 08:52 PM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%91%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3% 82%A8%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC %E3%83%A0

Says it's 5% at level 3.
I sure hope that's 5% when health is maxed, and not 5% of 120%.

Would I be dealing more dmg than yas? With not full health?
Im only two slotting it, with it either being fire or dark 50.

Dinosaur
Dec 10, 2013, 09:14 PM
How do you place furniture diagonally?

Emp
Dec 10, 2013, 09:26 PM

You cant.

bump

Dinosaur
Dec 10, 2013, 09:31 PM
You cant.

yes you can

does anyone know?

Rehal
Dec 10, 2013, 09:37 PM
You cant.

Relevant pic
http://i.imgur.com/PjEVDkI.jpg

WildarmsRE5
Dec 10, 2013, 09:41 PM
Relevant pic
http://i.imgur.com/PjEVDkI.jpgI see dat agito. :wacko:

and MAG battery out :wacko:

KatsuraJun
Dec 10, 2013, 09:43 PM

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213441&highlight=comparison

this topic answers your question about yas vs pandora

xillia000
Dec 10, 2013, 09:47 PM
Played this game since launch and I've never heard of room goods being able to be placed diagonally.

Emp
Dec 10, 2013, 10:06 PM
Relevant pic
http://i.imgur.com/PjEVDkI.jpg

Oh dam. Pretty convincing. But I havent seen an option that lets do that.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213441&highlight=comparison

this topic answers your question about yas vs pandora

I see a graph but it looks like jibberish to me. Im not good at reading spreadsheets.

Just tell me yes or no. Simple calculations plz?

KatsuraJun
Dec 10, 2013, 10:10 PM
Basically

Yas w/ Latent > Pandora w/ Latent > Pandora w/o Latent >>> Yas w/o Latent

WildarmsRE5
Dec 10, 2013, 10:12 PM
I see a graph but it looks like jibberish to me. Im not good at reading spreadsheets.

Just tell me yes or no. Simple calculations plz?that graph said no, pandora is 2nd place, basically saying yasmin is the strongest, obviously not updated since there's another Zero Range TMG out there, so pandora might be 3rd or 4th of 5th

Emp
Dec 10, 2013, 10:26 PM
that graph said no, pandora is 2nd place, basically saying yasmin is the strongest, obviously not updated since there's another Zero Range TMG out there, so pandora might be 3rd or 4th of 5th

But u would do same or more dmg with pandora out of zero range vs yas out of zero range? Trying to take out the fact that I need to in zero range, cause its zero range is risky business.

Emp
Dec 10, 2013, 10:33 PM
But u would do same or more dmg with pandora out of zero range vs yas out of zero range? Trying to take out the fact that I need to in zero range, cause its zero range is risky business.

Im sorry. I meant both guns out of zero range. Yas need to be zero range for full pot effecf.

Zephryl
Dec 10, 2013, 10:35 PM
What is the "Easiest" 10* weapon to get? And if it's a different one for solo or team play, please let me know~

Almost at the point where I can get (some of) these, and I'd like to know which I'd be best off trying to farm~

WildarmsRE5
Dec 10, 2013, 10:37 PM
JA latent is good for sustainable damage, Zero Range is really situational.

also that Zero Range TMGs is Ew.

although staying at an enemy's face while attacking is what Gunners do at best

I consider PK latent like JA, don't judge me.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 10, 2013, 10:38 PM
What is the "Easiest" 10* weapon to get? And if it's a different one for solo or team play, please let me know~

Almost at the point where I can get (some of) these, and I'd like to know which I'd be best off trying to farm~answer to that is AQ weapons, you can't trade them for passes though, you can for Excubes though.

KatsuraJun
Dec 10, 2013, 10:41 PM

My comparison answers your question.

At Zero Range, Yas outdamages Pandora with or without latent.

Outside of Zero Range, Pandora outdamages Yas with or without latent.

And it's honestly not risky business if your playstyle fits it (at least for bossing.) I almost exclusively use Messiah Time for damage though so take that as you will. I know others prefer Elder Rebellion and Infinity Fire though. You should always be in ZE range anyway, IMO at least, since half your multipliers rely on that fact...

Heel Stab is the best tool you have for mobbing too as a Gunner which will almost always proc ZE as well.

Emp
Dec 10, 2013, 10:43 PM
JA latent is good for sustainable damage, Zero Range is really situational.

also that Zero Range TMGs is Ew.

although staying at an enemy's face while attacking is what Gunners do at best

I consider PK latent like JA, don't judge me.

Ya i agree with the face thing. Your saying that Yas is ew or Zero range in general is ew?

I have the JA flame revolvers but its a vanity issue for me. Not that I cant use em tho.

Zephryl
Dec 10, 2013, 10:46 PM
answer to that is AQ weapons, you can't trade them for passes though, you can for Excubes though.

AQ? I've seen that term a couple times, but not sure what it means~

Emp
Dec 10, 2013, 10:47 PM
My comparison answers your question.

At Zero Range, Yas outdamages Pandora with or without latent.

Outside of Zero Range, Pandora outdamages Yas with or without latent.

And it's honestly not risky business if your playstyle fits it (at least for bossing.) I almost exclusively use Messiah Time for damage though so take that as you will. I know others prefer Elder Rebellion and Infinity Fire though. You should always be in ZE range anyway, IMO at least, since half your multipliers rely on that fact...

Heel Stab is the best tool you have for mobbing too as a Gunner which will almost always proc ZE as well.

Its hard to imagine that yas with 860 ratk outpowers a pandora (that has almost 200 more ratk) in ZR just because of a 16% potential boost. :(

KatsuraJun
Dec 10, 2013, 10:59 PM
16% is a lot of damage. Remember that % based multipliers stack multiplicatively.

Anyway, Pandoras have 135 more attack than Yas. That translates to approximately 6% more damage.

5+6%=11%

Evangelion X.XX
Dec 10, 2013, 11:03 PM
AQ? I've seen that term a couple times, but not sure what it means~

It means "Advance Quest".

Zephryl
Dec 10, 2013, 11:41 PM
It means "Advance Quest".

Ah, I see! Thanks ^_^

Aine
Dec 11, 2013, 12:09 AM

Apparently when you rotate furniture it doesn't rotate a perfect 360 degrees, so if you keep spinning it it will eventually become diagonal. Haven't tested this myself.

KazukiQZ
Dec 11, 2013, 12:20 AM
@Zephryl

To add to that, Advance Quest is better done with party of 2-4 players. You must collect 90 AQ stones of specific place and one weapon material to be traded off from rare Stone Shop. What type of weapon you want to consider using, by the way?

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/shop_05.php#nav
Here are the list of weapons available from Rare Stone Shop. Most of the AQ weapons need 9* weapon materials which you can buy one off Player Shop, but some of them need 10* weapon materials. Good luck farming the stones ^^

NiNNY
Dec 11, 2013, 02:38 AM
Hi, i messed up my build and i want to reset but where is the reset cupon located at?
i dont understand japanese.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 11, 2013, 05:06 AM
Hi, i messed up my build and i want to reset but where is the reset cupon located at?
i dont understand japanese.its located at SEGA and they wil be giving them out once they fix something in the skill tree or add a new lvl cap. :wacko:

you can pay AC to add another tree (I think its cheaper)

Zephryl
Dec 11, 2013, 05:13 AM
@Zephryl

To add to that, Advance Quest is better done with party of 2-4 players. You must collect 90 AQ stones of specific place and one weapon material to be traded off from rare Stone Shop. What type of weapon you want to consider using, by the way?

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/shop_05.php#nav
Here are the list of weapons available from Rare Stone Shop. Most of the AQ weapons need 9* weapon materials which you can buy one off Player Shop, but some of them need 10* weapon materials. Good luck farming the stones ^^

I'm a Hunter, so Sword and Wired Lances mostly~ Thanks for the explanation, I wasn't quite sure how the Rare Stone shop worked ^_^

KazukiQZ
Dec 11, 2013, 05:45 AM
^ For Sword, you have 2 easy Sword choices: カグダチ (Kagudachi), and ロッソリンガー (Rosso Ringer) . As for W. Lance, well.....no easy 10* :I
But you should try Partizan too, as it has one easily accessed 10*: オルドデバイス (Old Device)

Zephryl
Dec 11, 2013, 06:10 AM
^ For Sword, you have 2 easy Sword choices: カグダチ (Kagudachi), and ロッソリンガー (Rosso Ringer) . As for W. Lance, well.....no easy 10* :I
But you should try Partizan too, as it has one easily accessed 10*: オルドデバイス (Old Device)

Well the stat requirements for those are still a little whiles away, but I'll keep them in mind for sure~

What are the good PA's for Partisans? I'll have to have a look, see what I like~

KazukiQZ
Dec 11, 2013, 06:54 AM
For Partizan: Sacred Skewer, Assault Buster, Slide End are my favorites, though there are others that may interest some players. Check here for the list:
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/others_4.php#partisan

Zephryl
Dec 11, 2013, 07:09 AM
For Partizan: Sacred Skewer, Assault Buster, Slide End are my favorites, though there are others that may interest some players. Check here for the list:
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/others_4.php#partisan

Thanks! I'll check those three out, see if I like 'em~

Well, maybe not Sacred Skewer, that things like 40k for level 9

jooozek
Dec 11, 2013, 07:10 AM
what are the B-4, D-2, E-1 and E-2 in the bingo?

Zephryl
Dec 11, 2013, 07:12 AM
And, what do I have to deliver 10 of in Xie's second Client Order? Or, more importantly, what drops them?

jooozek
Dec 11, 2013, 07:15 AM
And, what do I have to deliver 10 of in Xie's second Client Order? Or, more importantly, what drops them?

malmoth drops

eharima
Dec 11, 2013, 07:24 AM
oh gawdd

I accepted the arks road tutorial, any way i can quit it?
I have that big white blob on the screen wherever i go.....
I looked at the list and that is way too long to bother with

KazukiQZ
Dec 11, 2013, 07:49 AM
@jooozek

E-2 is giving Good Job to other players (I accidentally complete it lol)

Zephryl
Dec 11, 2013, 08:27 AM
Is there a list anywhere of how the Gears affect each Photon Art?

Lostbob117
Dec 11, 2013, 08:29 AM
Is there a list anywhere of how the Gears affect each Photon Art?

No, not that I know of, but I could tell you depending on what gear. I'm sure you mean sword Gear.

mardygun
Dec 11, 2013, 08:34 AM
Did anyone encounter any De Malmoths in the Christmas EQ a few hours back? I want to know if they can show up out there

Zephryl
Dec 11, 2013, 08:43 AM
No, not that I know of, but I could tell you depending on what gear. I'm sure you mean sword Gear.

Sword and Partizan, I think all the Wired Lance ones are just "Increased damage"

Edit:
Also, what's Xie's next CO? Or, alternatively, is there a list of all of her CO requirements?

Lostbob117
Dec 11, 2013, 08:48 AM
Sword and Partizan, I think all the Wired Lance ones are just "Increased damage"

Edit:
Also, what's Xie's next CO? Or, alternatively, is there a list of all of her CO requirements?

Partizan just has their ranged increase.

Guilty Break - Faster Charge
Nova Strike - Faster Charge
Ride Slasher - Faster Charge
Rising Edge - Faster Charge
Sonic Arrow - More hits (2 at half, 3 at full)
Twister Fall - Longer range at the end
Stun Concido - Longer range
Overend - More dmg on all hits except the last one.

Cruel Throw - no idea

Zephryl
Dec 11, 2013, 09:48 AM
Partizan just has their ranged increase.

Guilty Break - Faster Charge
Nova Strike - Faster Charge
Ride Slasher - Faster Charge
Rising Edge - Faster Charge
Sonic Arrow - More hits (2 at half, 3 at full)
Twister Fall - Longer range at the end
Stun Concido - Longer range
Overend - More dmg on all hits except the last one.

Cruel Throw - no idea

Awesome, thanks!

Now, for Xie I need to complete a "Gift of the Storm", but I have no idea what this is...

gigawuts
Dec 11, 2013, 10:00 AM
In addition to what Lostbob said:
Over End also has increased range for gear bars
Stun con Side has bonus stun duration (I believe, but since stun can be canceled with followup hits this may not matter anyway)

Sacred Skewer is the only partisan PA to get bonus damage from gear.

Wired Lance gear applies bonus damage only to grapple PAs. if it doesn't grab it doesn't get the damage bonus, but it does raise your gear like normal swings (the non-grapple WL PAs are Cerberus Dance, Wild Round, and Air Pocket Swing).

Get all gears on at least one skilltree. I cannot stress this enough. Even if you don't think you like the weapon (this is a common issue with swords, since they are pretty slow without gear), gears fundamentally change and improve weapons. Sword gear is less vital these days, but still highly beneficial.

Since it sounds like you're just now getting HU stuff, you probably don't have any other gears to ask about so I'll fill you in now:
Double Saber Gear: Adds an AOE whirlwind around your character, more bars = more damage, range, and duration. Increased with all damage you deal with double sabers. Does not reset unless you die or use the whirlwind. All available bars consumed at once.
Dagger Gear: More damage for PAs and normal attacks, increased by increases in elevation with weapon wielded (includes manual jump & PAs that lift you), resets on damage taken and landing. Does not deplete over time like sword gear.
Knuckle Gear: Attacks are faster. Fills with consecutive attacks, resets after 1-2 seconds of inactivity or on damage taken. Does not deplete over time like sword gear.

Wand Gear: Adds an explosion, filled by dealing damage with charged techs. Depletes over time. Does not deplete on damage taken or any other conditions.

Mechgun Gear: Bonus damage to PAs and normal attacks. Depletes over time and on damage taken.

Katana Gear: Gear increases with damage dealt with katanas (PAs and normal attacks). Does not deplete over time until activated, switching weapons does not reset katana gear if gear is not activated. Activate gear by performing a Just Guard with all 3 gear pips lit. Performing Just Guards with fewer than 3 gear pips lit will reduce gear to 0. Upon activation the gear depletes over time (and when switching weapons or death), and you get a 20% bonus to all of your total SATK as displayed on your character info screen. Dealing damage will still fill the gear when the gear is activated.

I think that covers it. Nothing else springs to mind just now.

Zephryl
Dec 11, 2013, 10:25 AM
Awesome, thanks! I think I've got all the HU and FI gears on my planned build (I figured just in case) but it's good to know what they actually do~

Coatl
Dec 11, 2013, 10:33 AM
Sacred Skewer is the only partisan PA to get bonus damage from gear.

Did not know this.

Lostbob117
Dec 11, 2013, 10:52 AM
Did not know this.

Neither did I, time to get partizan gear since I mainly use that PA.

Vintasticvin
Dec 11, 2013, 11:22 AM
Is there any harmful side effects in this patch like there has been as of late?

KazukiQZ
Dec 11, 2013, 11:32 AM
@Lostbob117
Indeed, that's a great info by gigawuts. Thanks.

@Vintasticvin
Like NPC freezing the game as you can't cancel the chat between you and them?

Vintasticvin
Dec 11, 2013, 11:43 AM
Im talking about system damage like deleting files or harddrive killing.

KazukiQZ
Dec 11, 2013, 12:58 PM
^Then, nothing so far :)

Vintasticvin
Dec 11, 2013, 01:41 PM
Goody! See you guys on deck! And thanks :D Patch day has been a scary ordeal since the pc wiping incident.

PokeminMaster
Dec 11, 2013, 05:37 PM
Uh... So, don't tell me they're in my party, because I've seen 12 people around the Lobby with this, but what does it mean if a person's name and class are in dark blue above their heads? I feel like I read someone mention this ages ago, but I can't anything about it...

Otokonokotron
Dec 11, 2013, 06:15 PM
^above: Yes, if a player's name is dark blue, then that player is in a party.

does an affixing simulator exist?

PokeminMaster
Dec 11, 2013, 08:27 PM
^above: Yes, if a player's name is dark blue, then that player is in a party.

I already said that's not what it is...

The others in my party saw the 12 (later became 15) nqmes in white, it was only me. It is now different people than those who were in the quest. I have a couple screenshots I could share sometime, when I'm not on a game console if that would help o.o

XEkyutioNeR
Dec 11, 2013, 08:31 PM
Hi I would like to ask some quick questions:

Does gunner's Perfect Keeper, Aerial Advance, and S Roll JA Bonus work on techniques?

Does Aerial Advance work on flying enemies, or only on enemies that you have launched into the air?

jooozek
Dec 11, 2013, 08:34 PM
yes/no idea/yes
no idea

PokeminMaster
Dec 11, 2013, 09:07 PM
Aerial Advance works on flying enemies; I think even Falz Arms are affected. If these all affect Techs, I think it's safe to assume Aerial Advance does too XD

TaigaUC
Dec 11, 2013, 11:53 PM
The others in my party saw the 12 (later became 15) nqmes in white, it was only me.

Because your party members obviously didn't have the feature turned on.

Zephryl
Dec 12, 2013, 12:04 AM
I just got a "ホワイトロングマフラー" from Fun Scratch (White Long Scarf).

Does anyone experienced with the market know if this is likely to retain its 700k~ price (Ship 2), or if it's likely to plummet in the coming days? Also, does anyone have any screenshots of it being used?

Krimson
Dec 12, 2013, 12:30 AM
which ship has the highest costing grind reducers in auction house atm?

Rashiid
Dec 12, 2013, 12:52 AM
Question about hairstyles and accessories. Under the item search on the Vision Phone, what exactly are they under? For example:

[spoiler-box]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/Kirbyzm2/pso20131211_223443_000.png[/spoiler-box]

That hat. If I wanted that hat (not asking for that specific hat item name but if you know it, do tell )what exactly would I search under? I swear I've tried under all categories. Would it be under consumables?

Zephryl
Dec 12, 2013, 12:55 AM
Question about hairstyles and accessories. Under the item search on the Vision Phone, what exactly are they under? For example:

[spoiler-box]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/Kirbyzm2/pso20131211_223443_000.png[/spoiler-box]

That hat. If I wanted that hat (not asking for that specific hat item name but if you know it, do tell )what exactly would I search under? I swear I've tried under all categories. Would it be under consumables?

Not sure what to search for, but I'm pretty sure that hat is "クーナニットキャップA" or "クーナニットキャップB"

Rashiid
Dec 12, 2013, 12:57 AM
Awesome, thanks. That whacks down my personal question, but overall I am curious on what these items are categorized under.

Edit: Man searching for that made me realize how poor I am. For a damn hat. Some aspects of this game I certainly do not miss.

Otokonokotron
Dec 12, 2013, 01:21 AM
hey is there an AC scratch item that anyone can think of that goes for real cheap on the market? i blew my last 2 mil trying to affix a weapon (how does sega sleep at night sersly this is bs failing 70%+ consecutively over and over) and u can get a 20% success rate boost at the recycle shop for 8 AC scratch items
the only thing comin to mind is clothes but those are each over 100K so that like 800k+ for one, when u can by a 10% boost for just 100k+
it reallllly suks havin no money in this game when it costs like 50k to each affix attempt for the weapon im doing

XEkyutioNeR
Dec 12, 2013, 02:39 AM
yes/no idea/yes
no idea

Aerial Advance works on flying enemies; I think even Falz Arms are affected. If these all affect Techs, I think it's safe to assume Aerial Advance does too XD

Wow those really are quick answers, thanks!

Consumables > Tickets

IndigoNovember
Dec 12, 2013, 02:42 AM
hey is there an AC scratch item that anyone can think of that goes for real cheap on the market? i blew my last 2 mil trying to affix a weapon (how does sega sleep at night sersly this is bs failing 70%+ consecutively over and over) and u can get a 20% success rate boost at the recycle shop for 8 AC scratch items
the only thing comin to mind is clothes but those are each over 100K so that like 800k+ for one, when u can by a 10% boost for just 100k+
it reallllly suks havin no money in this game when it costs like 50k to each affix attempt for the weapon im doing

I'm sorry to say that cheap costumes are basically the cheapest AC items you can get. You're going to be spending over 800k for that +20%.

strikerhunter
Dec 12, 2013, 02:47 AM
Does gunner's Perfect Keeper, Aerial Advance, and S Roll JA Bonus work on techniques?
Does Aerial Advance work on flying enemies, or only on enemies that you have launched into the air?

yes/no idea/yes
no idea

Aerial Advance works on flying enemies; I think even Falz Arms are affected. If these all affect Techs, I think it's safe to assume Aerial Advance does too XD So as long as the mob is airborne, either through you sending it sky high or if the mob is a flying mob, it just needs to be in the air to get the damage bonus.

Adding in just for clarity.

Perfect Keeper: PK boosts any attack power so long as your HP is full.

Aerial Advance: Damage bonus from AA kicks in on any damage types on airborne mobs. Falz Arms would only count as airborne when the fingers are off the ground (lol). So in general, not good for most bosses although good for some others.

JA Flip works on any damage type so long as you can flip which requires TMGs thus only being available to techs and TMG attacks.

So it's a Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes.

TaigaUC
Dec 12, 2013, 06:09 AM
I just got a "ホワイトロングマフラー" from Fun Scratch (White Long Scarf).

Does anyone experienced with the market know if this is likely to retain its 700k~ price (Ship 2), or if it's likely to plummet in the coming days? Also, does anyone have any screenshots of it being used?

Definitely plummet. When new FUN stuff comes out everyone tries to get those and that ends up with the previous stuff dropping.

Do a search for that name under Google Images and you'll find pictures.

PokeminMaster
Dec 12, 2013, 06:27 AM
Because your party members obviously didn't have the feature turned on.

What feature???

Zephryl
Dec 12, 2013, 06:28 AM
Definitely plummet. When new FUN stuff comes out everyone tries to get those and that ends up with the previous stuff dropping.

Do a search for that name under Google Images and you'll find pictures.

Okay, thanks! I'll keep it for now then~ Screenshots of it look pretty nice, but I'll see if I can find someone using it in game to decide if I want to keep it ^_^

I got a My Shop 3 day pass too, so if the price does happen to stay up high I might sell it...

KazukiQZ
Dec 12, 2013, 06:29 AM
@PokeminMaster
The Party notice feature (don't really know the real name lol). Basically, you can turn the dark blue name notice on and off in Option.

PokeminMaster
Dec 12, 2013, 06:30 AM
Hm... Then why's my friend's name white when he's in a party? o.o

TaigaUC
Dec 12, 2013, 04:05 PM
Got a headache right now so I'm lazy to check this up:
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=22602

^ Is this damage calculator common knowledge?

I got a My Shop 3 day pass too, so if the price does happen to stay up high I might sell it...

It'll likely go up in half a year like the old scarves did.
When the price drops in 2 weeks you'll likely be able to stock up on them.

Hm... Then why's my friend's name white when he's in a party? o.o

No idea. Maybe they're not, or you turned the option off.

PokeminMaster
Dec 12, 2013, 04:08 PM
No, but that link would surely come in handy, thanks for that 8D

(Also, friend and another person with a dark blue name in the same area; was talking to the friend over Whisper, and they're not one to fool around O.o)

Emp
Dec 12, 2013, 04:27 PM
What is difference in shock 1 and shock 3? Is it the proct rate(chance of infliction) or the duration(how long the shock lasts)? Cause Im wondering if it would be worth making Shoot3/Fang Soul/Shock 3 fodders for my Pandora Extreme.

Also,

Is there ANY possible way to get my npc, Hannah, to only use Resta?

KazukiQZ
Dec 12, 2013, 04:38 PM
^Iirc, the difference between Shock I and Shock III is the duration of the effect. Some said Shock III can stun Falz a little longer than Shock I can do.

And yes you can! Go to the quick menu (where you can take screenshot, go to My Room or Team Room, and some other stuff), go to Partner Strategy, the bottom option and pick the 2nd choice. Now, NPC will stop attacking and only use support moves, Resta included (and the Atomizers, minus Moon). Reminded though, you can only change it during on the field. I think Zondeel is considered as attacking Tech for NPC, but I'm not quite sure.

KatsuraJun
Dec 12, 2013, 04:38 PM
What is difference in shock 1 and shock 3? Is it the proct rate(chance of infliction) or the duration(how long the shock lasts)? Cause Im wondering if it would be worth making Shoot3/Fang Soul/Shock 3 fodders for my Pandora Extreme.

Also,

Is there ANY possible way to get my npc, Hannah, to only use Resta?

I wouldn't do that, personally, unless you don't plan to use that for Falz.

You might accidentally shock him in the first phase. It's much easier to just put Shock I on some trash mechgun (like the burning rangers mechs) and switch to it when you want to shock him. A lot cheaper too.

But to answer your question, I believe Shock I-V all have the same chance to proc; increased levels merely increases the duration of Shock and frequency of the stun proc.

Emp
Dec 12, 2013, 04:45 PM
^Iirc, the difference between Shock I and Shock III is the duration of the effect. Some said Shock III can stun Falz a little longer than Shock I can do.

And yes you can! Go to the quick menu (where you can take screenshot, go to My Room or Team Room, and some other stuff), go to Partner Strategy, the bottom option and pick the 2nd choice. Now, NPC will stop attacking and only use support moves, Resta included. Reminded though, you can only change it during on the field. I think Zondeel is considered as attacking Tech for NPC, but I'm not quite sure.

Ahh thanks. Do I pick the third option on the room console first tho? Im on vita so it would prolly be easier through My Room console.

And Im confused by the bolded part.

I wouldn't do that, personally, unless you don't plan to use that for Falz.

You might accidentally shock him in the first phase. It's much easier to just put Shock I on some trash mechgun (like the burning rangers mechs) and switch to it when you want to shock him. A lot cheaper too.

But to answer your question, I believe Shock I-V all have the same chance to proc; increased levels merely increases the duration of Shock and frequency of the stun proc.

I already have shock 1 on my Pandora Extreme(Shoot3/Fang/Shock1). Kinda got in there when I was affixing using 30% boosters.

KazukiQZ
Dec 12, 2013, 04:56 PM
The option to change NPC's behavior is greyed out everywhere except during doing quest on any planet. You cannot change it on Campship too, only during doing mission, such as during a Time Attack.

Regarding the My Room console, idk much but i think this Quick menu is one of the selection in the Main Menu. Now, just need the server to come back online so I can confirm it (I'm using PC, so I set F10 as the shortcut for the Quick Menu, for easier access)

Emp
Dec 12, 2013, 05:01 PM
The option to change NPC's behavior is greyed out everywhere except during doing quest on any planet. You cannot change it on Campship too, only during doing mission, such as during a Time Attack.

Regarding the My Room console, idk much but i think this Quick menu is one of the selection in the Main Menu. Now, just need the server to come back online so I can confirm it (I'm using PC, so I set F10 as the shortcut for the Quick Menu, for easier access)

Do I go into general settings or something to find the "dont attack" setting? The menus between the pc and vita are virtually almost the same.

KazukiQZ
Dec 12, 2013, 05:16 PM
@Emp
I don't think the setting to change NPC behavior is in the Options. I could try getting screenshot of it later :)

Emp
Dec 12, 2013, 05:17 PM
@Emp
I don't think the setting to change NPC behavior is in the Options. I could try getting screenshot of it later :)

Please do and ty :3

KazukiQZ
Dec 12, 2013, 05:33 PM
Although this is old, it's still the same:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pre-open-beta-starter-guide-for-phantasy-star-online-2/#quick
Go to the Partner Strategy, look at the bottom option and select the 2nd choice.

PS: Can't get the in-game screenshot, as I cannot play anymore for today >.<

Rashiid
Dec 12, 2013, 08:52 PM
So when the server came back up, this appeared in my inventory. Not sure what it is.
[spoiler-box]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/Kirbyzm2/item.png[/spoiler-box]

It's obviously a mag device of some sort, but is it one of those aesthetic changing ones or does it actually alter my mag's PB?

Zephryl
Dec 12, 2013, 09:12 PM
So when the server came back up, this appeared in my inventory. Not sure what it is.
[spoiler-box]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/Kirbyzm2/item.png[/spoiler-box]

It's obviously a mag device of some sort, but is it one of those aesthetic changing ones or does it actually alter my mag's PB?

"支援デバイス/無敵A
Support Device / Invincibility A" it looks like. Will change one of your empty action slots into Invincibility A, which makes you invulnerable for a short duration when the PB Guage fills.

Rashiid
Dec 12, 2013, 10:23 PM
Oh okay, that makes more sense. Thanks.

Daveach
Dec 12, 2013, 10:33 PM
Anyone know what's the name of the song from the Christmas quest? also, if possible, from wich game is it?

Invader J
Dec 12, 2013, 11:54 PM
So I have a 2nd char where I'm messing around with Gunner/Hunter.

I am super used to Fi/Hu - with my build that means either a) not getting hit thanks to the invincibility frames on the spin and on step, and/or b) getting hit but it not being a big deal thanks to all-HP Sup B Mag + Iron Will.

Gu/Hu, at least with my build, can avoid getting hit via invincibility on roughly the first half of an S Roll. Once I hit the apex, man, super vulnerable.

My question: Is there anything in either Gu or Hu skill tree that will increase the invincibility frames in an S Roll? (Like maybe Hu's Step Advance extends it, or something crazy non-obvious like that. ;)

The Walrus
Dec 12, 2013, 11:59 PM
>needing more frames for S Roll

Joking aside, no there's nothing.

WildarmsRE5
Dec 13, 2013, 12:07 AM
S-Roll is already OP in terms of I-Frames

WildarmsRE5
Dec 13, 2013, 12:17 AM
Anyone know what's the name of the song from the Christmas quest? also, if possible, from wich game is it?PSU? :wacko:

Hachiroku
Dec 13, 2013, 12:45 AM
Is anyone having this problem when you cant whisper some of your friends and it will always say "Whisper destination not specified".

I tried clicking there names on the list and whisper but still says the same thing after I enter the message.