PDA

View Full Version : mod chips dont hack, AR hacks

LouisGB
Apr 10, 2003, 12:22 PM
c'mon guys, xbox modchips dont hack! they dont have cheat devices in them! action replay hacks, and there isnt even a real action replay for the xbox yet (just the memory card manager). psox is gonna be open to bug abuse like the other pso's but theres gonna be no way that any code changes are EVER going to go on online play. the worst thing thats gonna happen in psox is maybe hacked items/characters, but we gotta wait for an action replay for this to happen which might not ever happen

soralan
Apr 10, 2003, 12:33 PM
it is the mod chips that are doing it, vis patchs to the game made via "trainers" that can either be burnt on the game disc, or ftp'd to an xbox with the required knowhow.

you can also get your save file from the xbox via the ftp, and amend it as well etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soralan on 2003-04-10 10:34 ]</font>

Malkavian
Apr 10, 2003, 12:39 PM
maybe the action replay makes it easier that's all.

And I guess online codes will be rare and fast dtected by ST like they did in early ver2.

soralan
Apr 10, 2003, 12:43 PM
codes wont be useable online, as a mod chip cant beused online or you get banned from live!, and im sure the AR stuff will be the same, MS have said they will ban cheaters.

which leads me onto a way to stop cheated items etc getting online.

Forced patched that can be applied to the offline game, so that in the same way that xbox live! detects a mod chip, so does pso. Ie pso detects the chip and corrupts your save file, or even banns your xbox live account.

saffaya
Apr 10, 2003, 12:50 PM
cheaters can play with a patched, modified version of PSO on the Hard Drive offline. With it, getting a lot of rares or XP, then save.
Your original PSO game on the DVD has no way to know the char save was used by another PSO program which was tweaked to give more.

Buuyon
Apr 10, 2003, 01:05 PM
Who cares...for all we know PSOX might not even come out...its been delayed countless times...oh yeah AR is coming out for XBOX...and will some one tell me why the hell are my friends getting deactivaited by not doing anything...

IceBlink
Apr 10, 2003, 01:41 PM
On 2003-04-10 11:05, Buuyon wrote:
...and will some one tell me why the hell are my friends getting deactivaited by not doing anything...

Well, reason 1 is they're illegal.

Blue Hawk showed me this link on a different forum.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=pub&aid=1502

Makes interesting reading. ^_^

LouisGB
Apr 10, 2003, 02:10 PM
" it is the mod chips that are doing it, vis patchs to the game made via "trainers" that can either be burnt on the game disc, or ftp'd to an xbox with the required knowhow.

you can also get your save file from the xbox via the ftp, and amend it as well etc."

this is possibal but hard to do. people will still do it but no where near as many as there were on pso

maybe the action replay makes it easier that's all.

And I guess online codes will be rare and fast dtected by ST like they did in early ver2

thats bull crap, codes arnt illegal and theres no way sonic team can run round the net and get people to take codes of there website

which leads me onto a way to stop cheated items etc getting online.

items are checked for attributes, any thing illegal gets deleated. this means that if you hack items, you can only make items that are possibal to get online.

Who cares...for all we know PSOX might not even come out...its been delayed countless times...oh yeah AR is coming out for XBOX...and will some one tell me why the hell are my friends getting deactivaited by not doing anything...

of cause psox is coming out, ar is alraedy out for xbox but it only lets u download saves, and saves xbox saves are hard to hack

saffaya
Apr 10, 2003, 02:12 PM
On 2003-04-10 11:41, IceBlink wrote:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=pub&aid=1502

Makes interesting reading. ^_^

Outrageous you mean. US of A is really going down the drain. People have killed and gotten off there for less punishment than that.

Raist
Apr 10, 2003, 02:18 PM
On 2003-04-10 12:10, LouisGB wrote:

And I guess online codes will be rare and fast dtected by ST like they did in early ver2

thats bull crap, codes arnt illegal and theres no way sonic team can run round the net and get people to take codes of there website

Uh...he means codes used online in game.

LouisGB
Apr 10, 2003, 02:49 PM
oh right, DOH!