PDA

View Full Version : THE Ultimate Weapon (And Specific Too!)

Reenee
Apr 10, 2003, 06:38 PM
Hello. I don't post here much, but this came up...

Here's my deal: an ultimate weapon would be for PSO...

?Powerful
?Hits Multiple Enemies
?Optional Special Attack that Works (i.e. Demon's, Charge...)

I'm more leaning toward a HU here, btw. Anyway, Dark Flow is overrated. Just not being able to combo isn't worth wielding the weapon, nor learning to wield it right either.

So, my only options left would be to choose a Sword or a Partisan. Now, I stick to what I've learned: Swords edge towards Power, but have less accuracy while Partisans lead toward Accuracy, but have less power. So I looked...

I found that the Tsumikri J-Sword is the best weapon for any situation. Not only is it a Sword, but its stats are second to Dark Flow:

ATP+856 (at Maximum grind)
ATA+50

And, the special attack is quite similar to the Dark Flow, ironically.

Anybody agree? I'm glad SKYLY gets it...but from Gi Gue!? XP

Yoda86
Apr 10, 2003, 08:20 PM
Good luck getting the Sealed J-Sword. I heard some people do about 400-450+ runs just trying to get one.

The reason I say good luck getting the Sealed J rather than the Tsumikiri J your after is because you have to first get the Sealed J the kill 2300 enemies with it (rumor has it) to unseal it into the Tsumikiri J-Sword.

Hope all this helps.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 10, 2003, 08:23 PM
On 2003-04-10 18:20, Yoda86 wrote:
Good luck getting the Sealed J-Sword. I heard some people do about 400-450+ runs just trying to get one.

The reason I say good luck getting the Sealed J rather than the Tsumikiri J your after is because you have to first get the Sealed J the kill 2300 enemies with it (rumor has it) to unseal it into the Tsumikiri J-Sword.

Hope all this helps.

ouch sounds like a lot of work.....good thing i dont like swords and stick with twin sabers and daggers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yoda86
Apr 10, 2003, 08:25 PM
Ah but after you get the Tsumikiri J-Sword though I would say it is worth all the while. People say they are so pleased with it that they didn't even mind doing all the runs.

gideonx
Apr 10, 2003, 08:28 PM
If so many people have the Sword it must be duped alot because if no confirmation as to how to unlock it has been found people must not do it too often. Someone go ask the japanese, they are the smart ones.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 10, 2003, 08:32 PM
On 2003-04-10 18:28, gideonx wrote:
If so many people have the Sword it must be duped alot because if no confirmation as to how to unlock it has been found people must not do it too often. Someone go ask the japanese, they are the smart ones.

i like his plan lol. the japanese make all these good consoles and they noe how NOT to get fat unlike us americans lol. so lets go ask them they prolly have some ancient secret that we have missed out on. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Yoda86
Apr 10, 2003, 08:35 PM
Actually I plan to go through Ultimate Seaside so I may get the darn sword. After that I'm gonna go though normal and count all the enemies I kill till it unseals. Then report it here so I may put a stop to rumors.

Genoa
Apr 10, 2003, 08:58 PM
I want to go online so I can acually know what you all are talking about... My best weapon was the Delsaber Buster and Shield... I was a RAmar SKYLY level 89 on Ult caves/VR Temple. But my stupid friend played my file and quit but RIGHT BEFORE HE KNEW THAT IT SAVES WHEN YOU QUIT...he had already turned off the gamecube...while it was saving... you can guess what happened. I lost My 89 RAmar, 56 HUcast, my 42 FOnewm, and my 35 RAmarl... Now i'm a level 44 RAmarl with a Double-Saber +13 and a Beam +35... I hate my life... anyway I want to go online but I have QUESTIONS!!!
1. How much do you have to pay (Monthly I believe)
2. How do you find this **** keyboard
3. Is there Connection Requirements (like does your connection have to be above 56k?)

malinko
Apr 10, 2003, 09:13 PM
I think that the RED SWORD is the best practical sword to use. It's not that hard to find, and it is very strong. It used to be "the duped sword" before stupid J Sword was duped everywhere. If you want to devote hours and hours of your time to be called a dupe user then good luck on finding a J Sword.

Eclypse
Apr 10, 2003, 09:56 PM
The best sword in my opinion is the RED SWORD because it has excellent power and you don't have to worry about killing 2500 to unlock it. The TSUKIMIRI is so duped that everyone had it when I last played PSO. I will admit that it's a good sword to have if you want to clean house, but the RED SWORD will clean house just as well. ZANBA fully grinded it's bad either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2003-04-10 19:57 ]</font>

Delsaber
Apr 10, 2003, 10:17 PM
Speaking of the RED SWORD; I want one, but cannot find one! I am a level 73 HUmar(Skyly) and I have ran through ultimate caves 17 times or so! The only rares that I have found are two LAST SURVIVORS and some force weapon! Any tips or hints to better my chances of finding this weapon? Any help would be appreciated.

Robantifast
Apr 10, 2003, 10:51 PM
On 2003-04-10 20:17, Delsaber wrote:
Speaking of the RED SWORD; I want one, but cannot find one! I am a level 73 HUmar(Skyly) and I have ran through ultimate caves 17 times or so! The only rares that I have found are two LAST SURVIVORS and some force weapon! Any tips or hints to better my chances of finding this weapon? Any help would be appreciated.

Try going through addicting food multiple times. That's how I got my Red Sword...no percents tho. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

abracadada
Apr 10, 2003, 11:24 PM
I prefer the Chain Sawd for my HUcast. The special attack drains HP, so it's just great, and it has nice ATP too. Plus I love the aesthetics. I sometimes switch to my Demolition Comet for single enemies, and carry around a Red Handgun for those times when it is necessary (disarming traps, weakening enemies as they approach [offline]). I'm not sure I would like using just one weapon as a hunter. I'd love a J-sword, of course, but I won't trade for one. The chances are too high that it's a dupe. That's why I'm glad I found my own MKB.

With rangers, I like a mechgun and a shot-series (I'm largely impartial about them; I think the Meteor Smash looks cooler and has a much better special than the Final Impact, though it's a bit weaker ATP-wise).

For the FOnewearl, it's easily the Summit Moon. Looks cool, boosts several stats, and boosts her already strong Simple class spells. And the Psycho Wand is perfect for a FOnewm. Even with a FOmar, it's pretty devastating.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Apr 11, 2003, 01:38 AM
actually the strongest sword in the game is a
s-rank sword max grinded
i forgot the added atp but its higher then dark flow and it actually hits it tardets
but then ageant no special and no %.
but still the best 3 hit wep

Eclypse
Apr 11, 2003, 01:42 AM
A lot of the S-Ranks are the strongest, but the only thing is that most people just don't care to play challenge to get them. Well I can't speak for most people, but I can't stand to do challenge mode, it's boring to me.

The best S-Rank weapon ever was the S-Rank Mechs from the DC version, that is the only S Rank that I ever got from playing PSO.

TheHulk4
Apr 11, 2003, 04:51 AM
The S-Rank Sword fully grinded is not stronger than the TJ Sword, I have both. A duped TJ Sword and a Legit S-Rank THEHULK Sword +250 and the TJ is more powerful than the S-Rank Sword +250.

Guntz348
Apr 11, 2003, 05:03 AM
Am I the only one who has a problem dealing with the awful awful third hit animation of the swords in GC PSO? I'd rather use my weaker yet better looking and much more effective Soul Banish for multiple targets. I mean hey, if you gonna do something you might as well look good doing it, otherwise whats the point? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif For single enemys I perfer my demo comet. I refuse to use the much stronger black dupe bar or the double cannon. Even though they are both sronger neither look as good as a demo and you'll do far more damage with a double saber type weapon to one enemy then with any of the sword types.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 11, 2003, 07:51 AM
I found that the Tsumikri J-Sword is the best weapon for any situation. Not only is it a Sword, but its stats are second to Dark Flow:

No. Try using a sword against a Garanz, Dark Bringer or Sinow, in online Ultimate. They will kick your ass, hard. For those enemies, and a handful of others, you will want a set of high hit% mechguns, or a good doublesabre. The idea is to drop a ton of damage in a very short period of time, before they can cheap you out.

The sword animations for females are actually pretty good. They take 2 diagonal slashes and finish with a right-to-left horizontal cut without taking an unnecessary step forward like the males do.

Reenee
Apr 11, 2003, 08:54 AM
I thank the person defending the statement that the T J-Sword is more powerful than an S-Rank.

No, I'm not dumb at all: I reserve a single-hitting weapon for the big enemies. Like you said, it's overkill to use a Sword on a Garanz. I use a Dagger or Double Blade (erm, Yamato).

As for the Sword animations, I only go through Very Hard with Weak-Strong attack and that's it, except in the Mines. Sure, it's lame, but you get powerful, and you'll take down Dimenians and live to tell about it.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 11, 2003, 09:15 AM
No. Try using a sword against a Garanz, Dark Bringer or Sinow, in online Ultimate. They will kick your ass, hard.

It may be overkill to use a sword in Vhard on a Baranz. Based on your statement, I see that you're not in Ultimate yet.

A Garanz is the same enemy on Ultimate. Offline, they aren't so bad. Online, their missiles don't usually knock you down (the bastards never knock me down) and you end up being comboed by a zillion missiles at once :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elusive_Llama on 2003-04-11 07:17 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Apr 11, 2003, 10:30 AM
On 2003-04-10 16:38, Shapiro wrote:...best weapon for any situation...

Talk about a rookie comment...

No single weapon is best for any/every situation. Not the TSUMIKIRI, BKB, FROZEN SHOOTER, PSYCHO WAND, etc.

But, hell, don't take my word for it. Try using the TSUMIKIRI in a room full of Ob Lily or Indi Belra.

TheHulk4
Apr 11, 2003, 01:39 PM
I agree what with most people have been saying since my last post. There is no one weapon thats the best for every situation. The TJ Sword is the best for multiple enemy attacks or a Red Sword with good %s if you don't want to use a dupe and want an easier find. Then a BKB will be the most effective against single enemy attacks. And for some occasions I use a Suppressed gun with high hit %'s. This was all about my HUcast.
For my other character, FOnewearl, I use a Psycho Wand for the level itself to conserve TP and because I usually don't have any times where I'm close to dying. But for those hard hitting Bosses I use a Sorcerer's Wand when I can't take the chance of helping him kill me.
I don't have a high level RA character so I don't know about them that much. But I think that they should go from Frozen Shooters and Snow Queens to help the team. To Spread Needles if the team is having trouble. Then to a hard hitting gun but I'm not sure of this weapon is for just normal running around level.

tigone01
Apr 11, 2003, 01:45 PM
I'm partial to tein sabers. The multiple hits is what does it for me. You lose some in the atp area, but when you're hitting six times, it more than makes up for it.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 11, 2003, 02:07 PM
I have a high level Ramarl, and she carries around a Snow Queen, Charge Vulcans 45% hit, Spread Needle and a Geist Laser.

The Snow Queen is to freeze everything, except bosses. It is always used against very dangerous monsters such as Delsabers, Dark Bringers, Indi Belras, etc. Her ATA is high enough to make the gun hit approximately 98% of the time.

The Charge Vulcans are there to pacify a single target quickly. Again, her ATA is such that she can do a hard-special-special combo and get away with it. I most often use this after freezing things with the Snow Queen.

Spread Needle is for general room sweeping and paralyzing. I try not to hog exp by mixing specials in with my combos.

The Geist Laser is for refilling my tp and for emergency long-range shooting. I currently steal 41 tp a shot.

Reenee
Apr 11, 2003, 02:59 PM
On 2003-04-11 08:30, TeamPhalanx wrote:

On 2003-04-10 16:38, Shapiro wrote:...best weapon for any situation...

Talk about a rookie comment...

No single weapon is best for any/every situation. Not the TSUMIKIRI, BKB, FROZEN SHOOTER, PSYCHO WAND, etc.

But, hell, don't take my word for it. Try using the TSUMIKIRI in a room full of Ob Lily or Indi Belra.

Oh my, yes. I used improper wording. How about "general situations"?

But I'll gladly take up your challenge...for fun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

wizkid357
Apr 11, 2003, 03:55 PM
On 2003-04-10 18:20, Yoda86 wrote:

Hope all this helps.

I think I know an untested trick go to the forest find a monest run around the room then there`s going to be a lot of momaths too kill with it so if it doesn`t work then...TOO BAD!