PDA

View Full Version : Rare Items

SA-X
Apr 10, 2003, 06:51 PM
Is there any way to increase the chances of getting a rare item? What determines whether you find a rare item?

Brundidge
Apr 10, 2003, 06:56 PM
You can't increase your chances of getting rares. The only way for that to happen is if there are more of that enemy to appear that you are wanting to drop a rare. That's why a lot of people find rares online/offline multiplayer because there are more enemy appearences than offline single player. Rare items are identified by the number of stars that are on the item from 12 being the rarest item to drop (or in somce cases may be created or obtained through a special event) and 9 star for being common but not as common drop as normal items under 9 stars.

Derkin
Apr 10, 2003, 06:59 PM
Luck is the only thing you need for rares. No, not the stat LUCK, thats for critical hits. Just pure luck will help you find those rares. Oh don't forget killing tons of baddies, that helps too.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 10, 2003, 07:59 PM
the thing that helps me get rare items is playing naked...........ooops did i say that i mean ummm....... yea http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif but really the onlg thing that will increase ur chances is the more runs u do is the more of a chance u ahve 2 get rares.

Yoda86
Apr 10, 2003, 08:01 PM
Man that's just sick....

Anyway, if you didn't know already, your ID plays the biggest role in WHAT you get as a rare.

Sheik1
Apr 11, 2003, 01:44 AM
I was playing online the other night and I have a character named "Sheik" color viridia. I created the game so the color of the game was viridia...enough with that.

Anyways, we found 2 rares in the first room of F1 right off the bat! Isn't that rare! Then came the funny part, the caves. We got 5 or so STAG CUTLERYs out of caves 1!

I swear, they didn't even feel like RARE any more. We were playing VHard mode by the way. This was also on the JP servers. I seem to like them more. People don't hog all the items, we can ALL see what people got as we ALL drop them in front of the check room (bank). In all we got something like 2xPhoton Drops, 5xSTAG CUTLERY, 1xGuilty Light (Mines Boss).

Ill tell you what, it was the funniest thing that night. Rares were dropping like you wouldn't believe! They were ALMOST common!