PDA

View Full Version : Rumor People being banned using Item translator

Chupathingiy
Sep 23, 2013, 09:24 PM
Theres a rumor going around on, ship 2 that players on ship 10 have been getting banned for using the tweekers item traslater.

I wounder if anyone can conferm this?

If it is true it be a good idea for players to stop using it.

strikerhunter
Sep 23, 2013, 09:25 PM
It's a rumor, why are you believing in gossips of unconfirmed facts?

In any case, if that where to happen then Ship 2 b20 probably be emptied already if they already begin cracking and banning those using the tweaker.

Chupathingiy
Sep 23, 2013, 09:27 PM
I don't beleive I still use it. I wanted to see if anyone had heared about it as well, or even knew someone it happened too.

So I can see if it is true, hence why I still call it a rumor.

strikerhunter
Sep 23, 2013, 09:28 PM
Basically, answer is No........................for now. (hell I pretty sure that Sega is well aware that the tweaker exists just like the English patch but doesn't care since players using it are helping them out)

Chupathingiy
Sep 23, 2013, 09:36 PM
It true they know about it, but the translator for items uses stuff that can seem like hacking to someone in game (like an admin). If they are not aware or the exact coding it uses it could be seen as just out right cheating even if all its doing is changing kanji to English letters.

If they did start noticing it, and not knowing what it was exactly they could ban a player for it. Since its bybasing gamegaurd to run it.

However~ its just a rumor, and I'm still using it. I just posted this to see if anyone has heared anything or even been banned for it just to be safe for all players using it.

Gama
Sep 24, 2013, 03:18 AM
Chupathingiy.

lets assume, that indeed the existence of the item translator could open the door to malicious hackers.

do you really think, that those hypothetical hackers, couldn't figure out how to do the same tht aida did without looking at the item translation patch?

gameguard is a joke, and pso2's security measure are just annoying to a mid class hacker.

so trust me, the item translator is harmless.

How it works "sort of"

A is the server B is the item translator and C is your game.

A sends モノメイト to C

but B receives モノメイト first and changes it to Monomate and then sends it to C

Monomate does not go back to the server as Monomate if it did go at all it would go back as モノメイト again. so there isn't any real way to the server to associate an account to the item translation patch.

the item translator is merely a middle man that only changes japanese to english.

and i'm sure sega already have a copy of the tweaker on their hands. and checked it for any cheating. "at least i suppose they should analyze foreign programs that are used on their money maker"

also they would gain nothing from banning tweaker users, since they're holding back a na release due to their RNG micro transaction system not being legal outside of japan and some other countries, so if they would ban users that merely want to play the game in english, they would loose buyers.

why would you remove customers from your shop if they're buying items and behaving "most of them"

most probbly someone got either banned and tought it was because of the item trasnaltion patch or just someone having fun with rumor power.

anyway have a nice day.

also i said tht another hacker could figure out what aida did by themselves, but by this i mean theres other people with the same level of skills as hers, but without any lets help the comunity intentions.

so yeah thank aida, shes always working hard for you all.

GrandYith
Jan 8, 2014, 05:51 AM
I think you heard of ppl being banned for patches, not the Tweaker. I don't see how possible it is that people get banned for Tweaker, but it's possible they get banned for the patches. It have been said on PSUmods:

"This is still against the ToS. While it's very unlikely you'll get banned for using it, it's still possible.
Using the <target>, <class>, <pa>, <technic>, <et1>, <et2>, <et3>, or <area> macros will broadcast the translated message. Do not use them in public parties."

Not saying that it happened, but it's not impossible. I saw many ppl using those commands and I used them myself, never got anything and never saw anyone being banned. Just a rumor, don't take it too serious.