PDA

View Full Version : About forces.

May0
Sep 24, 2013, 02:01 AM
Forces aren't my favorite class but I still play them among other classes that use techs. End game forces have a bigger pool of TP to draw from so its not as much of an issue for them. Leveling up can be a bit of a chore I've found.

I guess other games have spoiled me with their spell casting classes as I'm used to a quick mana recovery as most games have that nowadays. I haven't played PSO for a while but I have played a lot of PSO in my gaming career and I'm curious if anyone else feels the same.

http://s24.postimg.org/lqbeprj7l/pso1379949847.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/lqbeprj7l/)

AlexCraig
Sep 26, 2013, 05:32 PM
I'm more of a HUmar/RAcaseal guy, but I did have a LOT of fun training my FOnewearl. She had a lot of power behind her (as well as a Level 200 Mind mag). My only drawback I have is the high amounts of damage I take while playing her. Didn't really have too much trouble with TP recovery, since I was packing every kind of fluid.

May0
Sep 26, 2013, 07:44 PM
I'm more of a HUmar/RAcaseal guy, but I did have a LOT of fun training my FOnewearl. She had a lot of power behind her (as well as a Level 200 Mind mag). My only drawback I have is the high amounts of damage I take while playing her. Didn't really have too much trouble with TP recovery, since I was packing every kind of fluid.

I tend to use the "FIRE ALL THE MISSLES" strategy and use the process of elimination whenever I forget what is weak to what. This generally has me burning through all my TP and TP recovery items by the second stage of TTF thereabouts. I feel like an incontinent old man having to venture back to Pioneer 1 to go to the hospital/restock my stuff on a regular basis.

My favorite class being the RAmar; He can drain all the enemy TP he needs using a mind mechgun or such but the drain ratio/mechgun accuracy is too low with my newman. Still I play my newman cus Larry Butz is one of my favorite characters of all time.

AlexCraig
Sep 26, 2013, 08:01 PM
I think one of the Cards' special attacks is TP drain. I wanna say Mahu, but I might need to look that up. I know my brother's FOnewm uses them; dealing massive damage with techs then using the special attack of the card to drain TP.

Edit: And indeed I'm right, it was Mahu: http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=276

May0
Sep 26, 2013, 08:08 PM
thats good, I think I have some of those floating around somewhere.

AlexCraig
Sep 26, 2013, 09:16 PM
Shouldn't be too hard. I recall them being not too difficult to obtain.

May0
Sep 26, 2013, 09:55 PM
Shouldn't be too hard. I recall them being not too difficult to obtain.

I had all of ONE in my inventory. I gave it a test drive and the TP stealing is top notch. However my newman lacks the accuracy to really make it work as of yet.

Once I get better internet back I'm probably gonna go back to world of tanks or dragon's prophet though. :(

gigawuts
Sep 26, 2013, 10:23 PM
What about a mind handgun with hit? Those aren't too difficult to find in the long term, between tekking every ???? handgun you find and checking the weapon shop every time you pipe up.

AlexCraig
Sep 26, 2013, 10:27 PM
That could work too. I was just thinking in terms of Force weapons.

May0
Sep 26, 2013, 11:45 PM
What about a mind handgun with hit? Those aren't too difficult to find in the long term, between tekking every ???? handgun you find and checking the weapon shop every time you pipe up.

I probably have one floating around my inventory. I just like mechguns stylistically more. Thinking of hit% I should double check for weapons that have that since my newman doesn't have the best accuracy as previously stated...

Anyway thanks for being very analytically about my post. I didn't mean to dig into the strategy of the situation so much so much as talk about TP not regaining faster for newmen. :-P

gigawuts
Sep 27, 2013, 07:48 AM
Yeah, hit% is really significant. It's not like the other percents, which are a multiplier to the base stats of the weapon. Hit is actually added to your ATA, flat over the top. A weapon with 15 hit is as good as a God/Arm. A weapon with 50 hit bought from the shops? Better than three God/Arms.

That'll make a significant difference for mechguns and handguns alike. Handguns are better for their range and higher base ata, but mechguns are better because they're way flashier and sound cooler. You know what you have to do.

Also, if you start finding multiple TP absorb mechguns with varying hit percents go with the one with better ATA. Hitting more is a lot more important than absorbing a tiny bit more.

Casts need an HP handgun or mechgun on hand because they don't have resta, so I suspect the parallels are pretty similar here.

AlexCraig
Sep 27, 2013, 12:19 PM
Well, the more you know :) Just glad we could help

sanarose
Oct 14, 2013, 11:39 PM
It is very informative. Nice work!

Mystil
Oct 26, 2013, 01:55 AM
Forces aren't my favorite class but I still play them among other classes that use techs. End game forces have a bigger pool of TP to draw from so its not as much of an issue for them.

No, it's still an issue. It never ends. Even with 2400TP, you will plow through fluids like no tommorow.

Konan
Oct 27, 2013, 01:33 PM
Yeah TP consumption is a problem with forces of all levels, especially in areas like Seabed and Ruins, I have found ways to use TP sparingly so I don't need to buy any til I kill the boss in the area ( or right before Olga Flow or Dark Falz ) it's all about learning weakness and exactly how many of what tech can kill enemies faster while still saving TP