PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 not...starting?

Daveach
Sep 26, 2013, 01:52 AM
Hello guys, it's me again with another issue with the game.
This tuesday, i played like always, everything was allright, then the update came and...well, this is what happens:
The game updated, everything was fine. When I clicked the big button on the launcher, it didnt start; happens to me after every update, so, as always, used AIDAs tool to fix GG, because its always GG, but this time it didnt work.

What happens is, the launcher, updater and everything is working, but when I click Play, that GG window never appears; checking Task Manager, PSO.exe is on the list, but it's as a background process. Any ideas whats happening?

Tried: file check with AIDA's tweaker, with the launcher; fixing GG, checking missing files/old files, deleted files, etc, nothing works. Deleted the GG file, and its redownloaded (as always) when the launcher starts.

More info: Im using Windows 8 Pro x64, shitty video card that can somehow run the game smoothly, 4GB RAM.
PD. At least it's not BSODing the shit out of me like last time >.>

Any help/tips? thanks for reading all this crap

Daveach
Sep 26, 2013, 08:16 PM
solved

Exsa
Oct 5, 2013, 02:20 PM
Hi! I'm having the same problem as you, and also using the exact same OS. Mind if you tell me how you slved it???:-?

I'm really at a loss right now, I would really appreciate your help on this matter, thank you.

Daveach
Oct 5, 2013, 02:57 PM
Sure. It was a bit weird, but it looks like GG was not starting, so, try deleting your GG folder, and the file named gameversion.ver; after that, try to start your game again. In case it doesnt work, send me a PM.

Exsa
Oct 8, 2013, 12:18 PM
Oh great, it worked! :) thank you for the fast reply and sorry for a late response x(
I was away for a while. Anyway, thank you very much for the help, I had been stuck on this problem for about a week when I posted on your thread, so the help was really appriciated! Thanks again! :)

Daveach
Oct 8, 2013, 02:08 PM
Im glad to hear that :] I suggest you delete the GG folder after every update (if the game is not launching correctly), so it can be re-downloaded and avoid problems...I dont know why but that happens a lot to me.