PDA

View Full Version : Gu and Te active skill questions

batokage
Sep 26, 2013, 10:00 AM
I know they are pretty unpopular but since I cant find any youtube videos actually showing them in use I have to ask: How does showtime work exactly? I know It draws aggro to you but when the skill description says increases gear accumulation, does that also increase your max gear during the skill's duration? And does that also go for any weapon that has a gear gauge?

Then I also am wondering if wand lover and wand reactor are worth the points depending on your playstyle or are you better off going with the more of the passive skills or even poison ignition?

Sanguine2009
Sep 26, 2013, 10:08 AM
wand reactor is a must have if ya play a wand melee centric combo like TE/HU and definitely worth maxing if ya play that, wand lovers is situation but rather useful on some bosses that are hard to build wand gear quickly on but only if ya carry some mates to heal with but should not be raised any higher than what is needed to get reactor

as far as the gunner skills... im not sure

Rexob
Sep 26, 2013, 10:15 AM
I How does showtime work exactly? I know It draws aggro to you but when the skill description says increases gear accumulation, does that also increase your max gear during the skill's duration? And does that also go for any weapon that has a gear gauge?

To use Showtime requires TMGs - so it only works with those equipped. It's an active buff that increases the agro and gear generation for TMGs and has no impact on a player's max gear. It's very situational, good with a group that wants a GU dodgy "tank", especially if you take Showtime Star - a GU can spam PAs at the beginning to grab crazy agro or peel off another player.

It's a very situational, rarely used skill though.

batokage
Sep 28, 2013, 11:57 PM
Would Poison Ignition be worth the points as well? Is its damage based on T-Atk, and even if it is, would it be a decent thing to use in tandem with T.Machineguns that can poison enemies?

UnLucky
Sep 29, 2013, 12:27 AM
Not really. The enemy has to be poisoned, you have to be really close, and you perform an animation to activate it.

So if you're not using weak techs for poison, you're wasting an affix slot on your weapon, and only finishing off some enemies some of the time when they're already half dead, slower than using some other attack, and it cost skill points just to be able to do it.

BlakLanner
Sep 29, 2013, 04:57 PM
Wand Lover is pretty useless as it locks your PP to 0 during the duration. Sadly it is a prereq for Wand Reactor which is a must have if you spend much time hitting things with said wand.