PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Fi/Te?

OnlyOneGuardian
Sep 27, 2013, 12:43 PM
Been a long time fan of PSO and since I'm getting less and less impatient with a western PSO2 release. So, I thought I'd give the Japanese servers a try. I've been looking up different builds for classes. But something that interests me most is a build that allows me to use double sabers and gunslashes as a primary weapon and casting support techs such shifta, deband and resta. From what I'm hearing though this doesn't seem terribly effective, given to the supplemental boosts that other subclasses could give to Fi. Even so, I still want to be that person on the frontlines and casting those buffs. So my question is: This build can't be too terrible right? And if I were to go along with this build would I have other spells to use aside from just support? I wouldn't mind utilizing light or dark spells either, but I just want some feedback on this build and what can possibly be done to make it the best build it can be.

OnlyOneGuardian
Sep 27, 2013, 12:55 PM
Also, this might not be the appropriate place, but where is the most common English speaking ship on PSO2? Don't want to be braving these quests alone...

UnLucky
Sep 27, 2013, 01:33 PM
I see this a lot, and you're right. Buffs are no replacement for Fury Stance.

Completely maxed out Shifta might give you a 10% damage increase overall, and Element Weak Hit another 20% if you have several weapons of equal strength with varying elements to take advantage of every enemy's weakness. So maybe +32% if you spend a lot of meseta and always refresh your buffs.

Hunter gives you +120% more damage if you JA with Fury Stance. Which to most people is the same thing as "always."

It's no joke that you'll be trying your absolute best just to try and catch up. The biggest advantage you gain over a Fi/Hu is Zondeel, but that takes a second to charge and you would want to take the time to refresh Territory Burst as well. Meanwhile the pure Striking class can simply attack separate enemies for more damage for a similar PP cost (remember Zondeel costs 26 PP). You might also consider Namegid for 60 PP in 6 seconds, but Backhand Smash would be faster and stronger for 45 PP.

And of course, if you party with another tech user, all of your advantages disappear.

As for the English speaking population, most of it is on Ship 2. Or at least, you can find teams and parties who know English.

OnlyOneGuardian
Sep 27, 2013, 04:29 PM
Man... That is discouraging... Well, if I'm that worried about my damage I guess I could go with something more mainstream. Well I have heard of a melee/support hybrid that somewhat works out. (I think it was Hu/Te?). And also if that melee/support doesn't work out, then how about a melee/ ranged? Since I would like to use Gunslashes and I hear their damage is split between physical and ranged; wouldn't something like a Fi/Ra or Fi/Gu work somewhat well?

Sanguine2009
Sep 27, 2013, 04:46 PM
you might be thinkin of TE/hu which works well enough

as for melee/ranged hybrids i would run br/hu as ya can use the all class weapons from hu and katana for ya melee with bows and gunslash for ranged fairly well

OnlyOneGuardian
Sep 27, 2013, 05:21 PM
But the thing is, I don't want to use katanas or bows, that's why I've been wanting stray away from the Braver class. But I guess I could use Braver's stances... Could a Fi/BR benefit from that?

UnLucky
Sep 27, 2013, 05:36 PM
Not as much as Fi/Hu

OnlyOneGuardian
Sep 27, 2013, 06:05 PM
Very well then, thanks for the feedback guys.

OnlyOneGuardian
Sep 27, 2013, 07:42 PM
Welp, I think I came up with a very questionable build and by questionable I mean it might possibly be trash BUT I wanted to know if the RA attack skills and Ability skills are worth fully maxing. If not, would the Standing Snipe passive and killing bonus be worth investing points into? (Since I would still be using Gunslash a lot.) Also, does my fighter tree look alright? I really only want to use double sabers and maybe daggers. So I chose not to get the Knuckle mastery gear weapon.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05kIbdIkb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikjcq7 EIbIn0000000jebrBGAcBGFbo2Nio0000febwdGKfGFcAjdnIn 0000Ib00000ib000000lb000000jebIo4OcKcKfJ0000I

Welp there's my tree I think this will be my last post for the day. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also, be nice (still a newbie at these things...)

UnLucky
Sep 27, 2013, 08:14 PM
Br/Hu
Fi/Hu
Ra/Hu
Gu/Hu
Te/Hu

Are all good at what they do. Braver, Fighter, and Hunter can use Ranged weapons (almost) as well as Striking weapons. This makes them the best for hybrid builds, with Hunter clearly in the lead. However, Hunter cannot use Techs nearly as well as Fighter or Braver, so no matter how you try to make a hybrid S/T class, it's going to be terrible at one or both.

Fo/Hu or Fi/Te, compared to Te/Hu, has stronger techs but weaker melee.
Hu/Fo has almost no synergy, but each part is good on its own. Hu/Te would have slightly weaker techs, worse PP regen, but slightly better melee.
Fi/Fo or Br/Fo have the best techs a hybrid could hope to have, but the melee aspect is pretty bad.

Fo/Fi or Fo/Br aren't hybrids.

Edit: As for your skill tree, static stat skills are generally not worth the SP over other skills. A good rule of thumb for current endgame is 1 SP = 1% damage = 20 Atk. So if you can't get at least that much, consider the skill point wasted.

GALEFORCE
Sep 27, 2013, 10:32 PM
To expand on what's been said... This game isn't very well balanced, particularly where hunter is involved. Hunter gets more damage bonuses with less conditions compared to fighter and braver. There's little reason to take braver or fighter over hunter when there's a choice between them, as you would be constricting and reducing your damage output. I can understand wanting to use specific weapons, but as it stands the game balance just doesn't support it without dipping below the "mainstream" setups.

If you're seriously wanting to use double saber or twin daggers, I would suggest backing them up with hunter. Ranger does nothing for fighter other than provide weak bullet and killing bonus. Ra/Hu and Hu/Ra do fantastic work with gunslash if that's what you mainly want.

As mentioned, the ratk skills are a bad investment in the long term. They offer a fixed 50 point increase in a game where stat totals just keep increasing, and they've been that way since launch. They are seriously outdated now. Standing Snipe is a decent skill for gunslashes, rifles, and launchers. It's situational, but its bonus eclipses that of ratk up. It also paves the way for killing bonus, which is a very useful pp regen/DPS booster.

Hero-Break
Sep 29, 2013, 12:00 AM
I normally don't participate in these kind of conversations but I just saw this video and thought it was pretty impressive, and that this kind of time wouldn't be possible with a Fi that didn't sub Hu, Ra or Gu:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21928457?ref=search_key_video

You need a niconico account to see it. For the record I really like Fi/Fo's

Coatl
Sep 29, 2013, 11:03 AM
this kind of time wouldn't be possible with a Fi that didn't sub Hu, Ra or Gu:

But the person in the video is playing as FI/TE. This video isn't a good example either really. A FI/HU would have done that faster, this video just shows how someone with fully pimped out *11 fists can trash a boss even not subbing HU.

Hero-Break
Sep 29, 2013, 12:20 PM
But the person in the video is playing as FI/TE. This video isn't a good example either really. A FI/HU would have done that faster, this video just shows how someone with fully pimped out *11 fists can trash a boss even not subbing HU.

I posted that video here because it was of a FI/TE since that is what this thread is about. FI/HU would have cleared faster, but not by much. It took the FI/TE in that video only one take down to kill the boss. You can't ask for much better than that.

GALEFORCE
Sep 29, 2013, 04:41 PM
It is an impressive feat, but this is one of those bosses where Techer's super PP regen really comes into play. It is pretty neat seeing him fire off BHS so quickly though.