PDA

View Full Version : How far ahead was Red Ring Rico?

Malevolight
Sep 28, 2013, 10:01 AM
So I've been playing a lot of PSO on my GC, and I recently came up with the a question: just how far ahead of you was Red Ring Rico? What made me ask myself this was the pillars you need to activate to enter the Ruins. Assuming you didn't activate any of them, you can't enter the Ruins and Red Ring Rico isn't there, but I believe it can be considered canon for the player character (PC from now on) to have activated all three before reaching the Ruins.

Perhaps immediately after the PC activated the third pillar, Rico began venturing through the Ruins while the PC battled with the Vol Opt. In that short amount of time, RRC traverses through the Ruins and slaughters everything in her path before eventually becoming Dark Falz.

Anyways, that's what I believe could be a possibility. I've done some research and found nothing on the topic, so I felt like coming here would be the best solution. What are your opinions, and is there any evidence proving otherwise?

HeartBreak301
Sep 28, 2013, 10:21 AM
She was already possessed by Dark Falz before you got planetside. That big blue explosion you see in the opening cutscene is Dark Falz killing everyone in the central dome and it's surrounding areas.

pinkace
Sep 28, 2013, 11:23 AM
HeartBreak is correct. That explosion is the moment Rico contacts and awakens Falz, which takes then takes her body as a host. She did not need to activate the pillars, she left no note about 'activating' them, just that they were peculiar and had the same markings as the gate at the end of the Mines. I think once Falz had a host, it closed the gate and then you (we, us) needed to activate each pillar to get inside again.

Malevolight
Sep 28, 2013, 02:09 PM
I guess that makes a lot more sense. I never really put all those pieces together; I had figured that the explosion had happened, and then Rico had begun her journey from the forest to the ruins.

What bothers me then is why did she even attempt to fight Dark Falz? She knew that Falz had no physical body, and she left the message of how it requires a physical host to take over. Was she merely foolish and believed she could defeat the essence of Dark Falz, or was she compelled to try and save the day?

Then there's the possibility that the explosion happened as soon as she awakened Falz, but she hadn't been fully possessed yet, thus leaving the rest of the messages.

EDIT: As I was playing through a new HUnewearl I made due to being bored with my RAmarl, I found an interesting memo left by Rico.
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u649/Malevolight/image_zpsd46be26d.jpg

To what explosion is she referring to? I could only imagine it being the one from the beginning of the game, by which point the Pioneer 2 had arrived. If that's true, then my original thought is true, and Rico is ahead of you.

AlexCraig
Sep 28, 2013, 07:14 PM
I think Rico may have survived the explosion Dark Falz made and went to investigate. While playing Forest of Sorrow, you learn that Hildebears are gentle creatures from a Pioneer 1 log. However, in Rico's messages, all the monsters are hostile towards you. One would think that the monsters being hostile would be Post-Boom.

On top of that, the aforementioned screenshot. She saw the explosion. This would mean that she did, in fact, survive.

I feel that the door to the Ruins was, in fact, open after Falz exploded, allowing Rico to enter, then sealing up immediately after her, deactivating the pillars. It was only after THIS that the player goes to Ragol to investigate and reactivates the Pillars. So Rico is far ahead of us, just not pre-boom far ahead of us. More like pre-game far ahead of us.

HeartBreak301
Sep 28, 2013, 10:08 PM
Kind of strange that she'd be one of the only people left after that explosion wiped out P1's population. I guess she was somewhere else at the time.

Cranberry
Sep 28, 2013, 10:14 PM
Falz likely purposely left Rico alive because he wanted to use her as a new host body. She definitely was not absorbed yet at the point where the explosion took place because she specifically sets out to investigate that explosion.

It's not clear how much time passes since the explosion and when Pioneer 2 starts sending down hunters to investigate. It doesn't seem like she could have been more than a few hours ahead of you.

Freeze
Sep 28, 2013, 11:50 PM
Here's a write up of the pso timeline.

http://www.phantasystardynasty.com/NPCGuides/PSO1Guides/SummaryTimeline.html

Malevolight
Sep 29, 2013, 12:41 AM
Here's a write up of the pso timeline.

http://www.phantasystardynasty.com/NPCGuides/PSO1Guides/SummaryTimeline.html

I read through that, but it also states that Rico was possessed before the explosion. If she had been possessed before the explosion, she wouldn't have been able to leave the Ruins at that point, so how did she manage to leave her recordings which mention the explosion?

From what it looks like, there might just be a few plot-holes that Sega didn't think of at the time. :c

gigawuts
Sep 29, 2013, 07:57 AM
Well, two things could have happened from what I can tell.

1. Falz fully awakened and began searching for a host during the explosion (with the native creatures being influenced just by its presence)
2. Falz possessed Rico for the explosion, but she regained control - possibly none the wiser.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 29, 2013, 10:46 AM
Keep in mind she did not fight the enemies in the mines, after beeing possessed, falz gained knowledge of another ship comming to the planet, with that, falz in rico's body activated the machines in the mines.

Freeze
Sep 29, 2013, 12:43 PM
I read through that, but it also states that Rico was possessed before the explosion. If she had been possessed before the explosion, she wouldn't have been able to leave the Ruins at that point, so how did she manage to leave her recordings which mention the explosion?

From what it looks like, there might just be a few plot-holes that Sega didn't think of at the time. :c

I think you are correct on that, plus the story seemed to change slightly from V1 up to BB leaving more plot holes that have kept us fans scratching our heads ever since.

AlexCraig
Sep 30, 2013, 07:10 PM
It'd seem likely that she is anywhere from immediately after the explosion to one level ahead of us at all times. While we're doing quests and such to go through it as a story, it's possible she's in the caves when we're in the forest, the mines when we're in the caves, the ruins when we're in the mines (which would explain why she was able to enter the Ruins once we activate the 3rd pillar), and waiting as Falz when we're in the ruins.

Though I'd like to think of it as my previous statement, that she survived the explosion and later became Falz, before we even start our adventure.

Link1275
Oct 3, 2013, 03:41 PM
Basically, from my gatherings having been through the government quests in Ep 1 almost two times now, Falz pops up in a near spectral form and makes everything go kablooey then Rico is possessed by falz. When I say possessed I mean he started to manipulate and control her not he took her as a host. Falz gets Rico down through to where he is in Ruins, and then he takes over her body. Throughout this process the player is probably only 1-2 areas behind her at most. From her notes we can gather much such as she did have to go through a ton of robots in Mines contrary to what someone above said. Falz likely kept the systems in Mines running but left Vol Opt's combat systems offline story-wise. De Rol Le you can never really be certain that you have killed from the sounds of things. Dragon, maybe Rico didn't come across it when she went under the Central Dome.

Omega-z
Oct 3, 2013, 09:12 PM
From what I read from PSO Ep.1 & 2 and doing Central Fire Swirl mission Online and reading the side story of PSP2i. It seems that the Explosion that happen in the forest during her time (not the one in the trailer) was the Native Creature's going nuts and had the ppl evacuate out of the area or trapped in the Central Dome.

The lapsed time was proposed to be around 1 month to 3 from the Trailer Explosion to the start of your journey.

Link1275
Oct 3, 2013, 09:17 PM
From what I read from PSO Ep.1 & 2 and doing Central Fire Swirl mission Online and reading the side story of PSP2i. It seems that the Explosion that happen in the forest during her time (not the one in the trailer) was the Native Creature's going nuts and had the ppl evacuate out of the area or trapped in the Central Dome.

The lapsed time was proposed to be around 1 month to 3 from the Trailer Explosion to the start of your journey.

That should not be taken as canon as it also ends with Red Ring Rico and Heathcliff Flowen being alive rather than both of them dying. Ie, it's fanservice.

Omega-z
Oct 3, 2013, 09:35 PM
Actually everything leading up to that point hasn't changed but Afterward's with the PSP2i gal's yeah (Not the Same) with some idea's on how Rico got possessed. Since you know why she wasn't there during Central Fire Swirl. But still saw the Explosion towards the Dome. Central Fire Swirl had you rescue Pioneer 1 Scientist which is the father to the Yellow Fomaral in the baby Hildebear mission and was one of the Assistant's to Doctor Osto on the Island Base. And this mission was during that explosion. Which is one of the reason's why Rico started her investigation near the Central Dome.

Link1275
Oct 4, 2013, 04:12 PM
Central Fire Dome Swirl is not part of the story line actually. There is no connection to that FOnewm scientist(who dies the second he joins your party) and Pioneer 1. Central Fire Dome Swirl happens after Pioneer 2 shows up just like everything else in PSO, and aside from MAYBE one character in Episode 4 there were no survivors(other than Rico) of the explosion that Dark Falz caused that destroyed the Central Dome when Pioneer 2 entered orbit and opened communications with Pioneer 1.

gigawuts
Oct 4, 2013, 04:15 PM
It'd seem likely that she is anywhere from immediately after the explosion to one level ahead of us at all times. While we're doing quests and such to go through it as a story, it's possible she's in the caves when we're in the forest, the mines when we're in the caves, the ruins when we're in the mines (which would explain why she was able to enter the Ruins once we activate the 3rd pillar), and waiting as Falz when we're in the ruins.

Though I'd like to think of it as my previous statement, that she survived the explosion and later became Falz, before we even start our adventure.

I always had the vibe she was just a bit ahead of us, but it really could go any which way. I'm sure they left it unspecified on purpose, that's part of the mystery that kept the game's story actually interesting honestly.

AlexCraig
Oct 4, 2013, 05:24 PM
I always had the vibe she was just a bit ahead of us, but it really could go any which way. I'm sure they left it unspecified on purpose, that's part of the mystery that kept the game's story actually interesting honestly.

Very true. That's something PSO always did right, a sense of wonder. Keeps you guessing, coming to your own conclusions on things.

Omega-z
Oct 5, 2013, 10:29 AM
@Link1275 - I think your getting confused by some other mission. Because this one was a timed mission Forest 2 and it was also a puzzle mission with fire everywhere some of the fire could straight out kill you. There was a lot of Hildebear's that shot fire a lot more then the normal. You have to mow down two Hildebear's that are pounding away at the door of the Central Dome. Oh by the way, your alone the whole time and you get no Ncp's to help you. The end room Has a lot of Hildebear's in it with fire around a "Normal Human looking Scientist" (The same as those guy's with the hip 70's glasses in the Prez. Lobby) And if you can't get to him and kill off the Hildebear's in time or the Hildebear shoot him you failed the mission. When you safe'd him He thank's you and tells you that he is the head researcher on native animals on Ragol and works with Osto with many projects. He was studying the change in the behavior of native creatures. Because he knew they didn't act this way normally. He goes on to to say that he found high consecrated levels of photon's coming from deep in the ground of Ragol that was affecting the animal's. He goes on saying that not all the animal's were affected since the babies weren't affected by it and summed it up to aggression in the subject since the babies didn't experience it or couldn't. Then with all this talk about babies he goes off topic and talks about his daughter and how much he missed her and that shes was on her way to Ragol. Then He say's that he's sorry for going off topic and say's that he need's to show this data to Osto A.S.A.P and thanks you again and excuses himself. For one that don't sound like Pioneer 2 to me and with all the other info from other sources sounds more like a pre-mission to Pioneer 2. It's not the first time Sega did this. They did this with EP.3 with two mission's also. I do know there are two versions of this mission the JP and EN. EN didn't have everything that JP one did also the JP one went by a different name, Good old Sega there for you. Could it be that, since your remembering it differently? since I did the JP one.

Oh, Your also talking about Rupika/Gilliam Ship crash which was sent before the communications between the Central Dome and Pioneer 2 which got caught by the blast in the trailer and then had go save her with Bernie's help in a later mission in Ep.1. Which was also left out too in the time line. Actually there was Merged Flowen with Computer Olga, Merged Rico (which these two/three if you count Olga still die), Virus'd Vol Opt (which you kill), Infected Calus, MOTHER & Rupika in the crash that survived that trailer blast.

On Topic tho, Rico I'd say she was around three weeks ahead of the player.

Link1275
Oct 5, 2013, 06:49 PM
@Link1275 - I think your getting confused by some other mission. Because this one was a timed mission Forest 2 and it was also a puzzle mission with fire everywhere some of the fire could straight out kill you. There was a lot of Hildebear's that shot fire a lot more then the normal. You have to mow down two Hildebear's that are pounding away at the door of the Central Dome. Oh by the way, your alone the whole time and you get no Ncp's to help you. The end room Has a lot of Hildebear's in it with fire around a "Normal Human looking Scientist" (The same as those guy's with the hip 70's glasses in the Prez. Lobby) And if you can't get to him and kill off the Hildebear's in time or the Hildebear shoot him you failed the mission. When you safe'd him He thank's you and tells you that he is the head researcher on native animals on Ragol and works with Osto with many projects. He was studying the change in the behavior of native creatures. Because he knew they didn't act this way normally. He goes on to to say that he found high consecrated levels of photon's coming from deep in the ground of Ragol that was affecting the animal's. He goes on saying that not all the animal's were affected since the babies weren't affected by it and summed it up to aggression in the subject since the babies didn't experience it or couldn't. Then with all this talk about babies he goes off topic and talks about his daughter and how much he missed her and that shes was on her way to Ragol. Then He say's that he's sorry for going off topic and say's that he need's to show this data to Osto A.S.A.P and thanks you again and excuses himself. For one that don't sound like Pioneer 2 to me and with all the other info from other sources sounds more like a pre-mission to Pioneer 2. It's not the first time Sega did this. They did this with EP.3 with two mission's also. I do know there are two versions of this mission the JP and EN. EN didn't have everything that JP one did also the JP one went by a different name, Good old Sega there for you. Could it be that, since your remembering it differently? since I did the JP one.

Oh, Your also talking about Rupika/Gilliam Ship crash which was sent before the communications between the Central Dome and Pioneer 2 which got caught by the blast in the trailer and then had go save her with Bernie's help in a later mission in Ep.1. Which was also left out too in the time line. Actually there was Merged Flowen with Computer Olga, Merged Rico (which these two/three if you count Olga still die), Virus'd Vol Opt (which you kill), Infected Calus, MOTHER & Rupika in the crash that survived that trailer blast.

On Topic tho, Rico I'd say she was around three weeks ahead of the player.
It would appear that you are the one that is confused by the mission as that is not Central Fire Dome Swirl, this is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v9QxbzxQUc

Also, you arrive on Pioneer 2, therefore any quests that happen before Pioneer 2 shows up are not possible and are probably dependent upon your private server. There is after all a simple rule that prevents you from interacting with Ragol before Pioneer 2 arrives, ie see grandfather paradox. We know from the opening video that Pioneer 2 opened a line of communications with Pioneer 1 immediately upon arriving at the planet and upon Pioneer 2 opening up communications there was a huge explosion on the planet's surface. After the bang you make your character and start off in either the lobby or the principal's office and the story begins.

Omega-z
Oct 5, 2013, 09:51 PM
Hmm.... Interesting It's not the same one that I played but same level design But you go a different route in it and come out on the other side of the end room. Most likely the difference between the JP and the EN versions. Actually just because it's on Pioneer 2 doesn't mean that there couldn't be any pre-dated side mission's and no I didn't play the mission on a private server this mission came out during DC ver.1 day's as a JP special side mission. But if you want to get technical you could say it's part of Falz's Memories as a VR world since people of Pioneer 1&2 are the one's that help to make & use that tech and during that time could of been used as a military training program.

Link1275
Oct 5, 2013, 10:03 PM
Hmm.... Interesting It's not the same one that I played but same level design But you go a different route in it and come out on the other side of the end room. Most likely the difference between the JP and the EN versions. Actually just because it's on Pioneer 2 doesn't mean that there couldn't be any pre-dated side mission's and no I didn't play the mission on a private server this mission came out during DC ver.1 day's as a JP special side mission. But if you want to get technical you could say it's part of Falz's Memories as a VR world since people of Pioneer 1&2 are the one's that help to make & use that tech and during that time could of been used as a military training program.
Let me make this plain and simple. You were not on Ragol before the explosion in the opening video. Therefore you can not in any real time line take place in any events that happened before that explosion on the surface of Ragol. The FOnewm in Central Fire Dome Swirl had nothing to do with Pioneer 1, what few people there were that had any connection to Pioneer 1 were mostly connections such as being colleagues back on Coral before the one person joined Pioneer 1(ie Dr. Montague worked with Dr. Osto(deceased) back on Coral to make Newmans).

Konan
Oct 7, 2013, 04:35 PM
I seen some people say Rico was the one who awoke Dark Falz? I thought Heathcliff Flowen was the first one to enter the ruins with his men then they were the ones who awoke Dark Falz and that's also how he got that injury which turns him into Olga Flow. As for Rico surviving? Maybe she was far enough away from the Central Dome that she wasn't caught in the explosion and maybe some others survived at first as well but were killed off by the Native life? On another note those machines in the mines did attack Rico, if you read a message near the beginning, she says she had to fight machines now which were corrupt ( I take it Dark Falz Corrupted them ) And Dark Falz couldn't of sealed the door after she got in because if you remember Rico said she seen that pulsing door ( sealed by the pillars ) and she said that it could have some connection to the pillars that were found on Ragol.

Link1275
Oct 7, 2013, 05:46 PM
I seen some people say Rico was the one who awoke Dark Falz? I thought Heathcliff Flowen was the first one to enter the ruins with his men then they were the ones who awoke Dark Falz and that's also how he got that injury which turns him into Olga Flow. As for Rico surviving? Maybe she was far enough away from the Central Dome that she wasn't caught in the explosion and maybe some others survived at first as well but were killed off by the Native life? On another note those machines in the mines did attack Rico, if you read a message near the beginning, she says she had to fight machines now which were corrupt ( I take it Dark Falz Corrupted them ) And Dark Falz couldn't of sealed the door after she got in because if you remember Rico said she seen that pulsing door ( sealed by the pillars ) and she said that it could have some connection to the pillars that were found on Ragol.
@bold Yes, that is correct.

@underlined It's more likely that Falz just did something that spared her life, though it could be that Forest 1 is actually outside the blast radius as I don't believe you can see the Central Dome in Area 1. Also, those machines were controlled by Vol Opt which had been corrupted by D-Cells ie Dark Falz.

AlexCraig
Oct 7, 2013, 05:47 PM
The events are all kinda jumbled together in a way. If Flowen encountered Dark Falz prior to the explosion, which most likely would have occurred just after his battle with it, this would mean that more people survived the initial explosion as well (Dr. Osto Hyle and those who took Flowen to Gal Da Val Island). And thus what transpired there (the backstory for Episode II) occurs at roughly the same time as the player's events of Episode I.

If he encountered Dark Falz after the explosion, the events of Episode I would most likely have taken place longer after the explosion that we initially would think (to allow for time for the above statement).

Flowen Enter's Ruins
Big Explosion
Rico Fights Monsters
Rico Sees Door
Rico Enters Door
Rico Becomes Falz
Falz Fights Player

At some point, the door had to have been opened and closed, at least once, twice depending on character actions.

The first time was to allow for Flowen and his military unit to enter the Ruins (in all likelyhood, Dark Falz opened the Ruins for his own escape/attack/explosion). During the time it was open, Flowen encountered Dark Falz and was wounded, when he came to, his men were dead and the explosion most likely happened. Osto Hyle found him and carted him off to Gal Da Val Island. Upon leaving, the door to the Ruins was closed.

Enter Rico, a strong, fit body with a knowledgeable, if naive, mind. A perfect host for Dark Falz. She has explored her way down through the forest, caves, and mines and has been studying the sealed door to the Ruins, trying to figure out what it says.

Enter the player, a mere area behind Rico. While exploring, we find the third pillar in the mines, and activate it like the naive fools WE are. The door opens, and Rico enters. While we're still questing and duking it out with one of the 3 main computers of Ragol, Rico is exploring the Ruins. The deeper she gets, the more she falls into Dark Falz's trap. Until finally he ensnares her and takes her body for his own.

Sensing the player, Dark Falz waits in the final chamber, putting on a facade of peace. All the while the events that provide the framework for Episode II are taking place in the Seabed.

This is all just a theory, mind you, but I think it makes some sense.

Konan
Oct 7, 2013, 06:35 PM
The events are all kinda jumbled together in a way. If Flowen encountered Dark Falz prior to the explosion, which most likely would have occurred just after his battle with it, this would mean that more people survived the initial explosion as well (Dr. Osto Hyle and those who took Flowen to Gal Da Val Island). And thus what transpired there (the backstory for Episode II) occurs at roughly the same time as the player's events of Episode I.

If he encountered Dark Falz after the explosion, the events of Episode I would most likely have taken place longer after the explosion that we initially would think (to allow for time for the above statement).

Flowen Enter's Ruins
Big Explosion
Rico Fights Monsters
Rico Sees Door
Rico Enters Door
Rico Becomes Falz
Falz Fights Player

At some point, the door had to have been opened and closed, at least once, twice depending on character actions.

The first time was to allow for Flowen and his military unit to enter the Ruins (in all likelyhood, Dark Falz opened the Ruins for his own escape/attack/explosion). During the time it was open, Flowen encountered Dark Falz and was wounded, when he came to, his men were dead and the explosion most likely happened. Osto Hyle found him and carted him off to Gal Da Val Island. Upon leaving, the door to the Ruins was closed.

Enter Rico, a strong, fit body with a knowledgeable, if naive, mind. A perfect host for Dark Falz. She has explored her way down through the forest, caves, and mines and has been studying the sealed door to the Ruins, trying to figure out what it says.

Enter the player, a mere area behind Rico. While exploring, we find the third pillar in the mines, and activate it like the naive fools WE are. The door opens, and Rico enters. While we're still questing and duking it out with one of the 3 main computers of Ragol, Rico is exploring the Ruins. The deeper she gets, the more she falls into Dark Falz's trap. Until finally he ensnares her and takes her body for his own.

Sensing the player, Dark Falz waits in the final chamber, putting on a facade of peace. All the while the events that provide the framework for Episode II are taking place in the Seabed.

This is all just a theory, mind you, but I think it makes some sense.

Well even if we were duking it out with the Vol Opt the thing exploded twice right? Even if she went right into the ruins after we opened the door she couldn't of gone too far in, if you use the warp gate after you destroy the vol opt it takes you right near the entrance to the ruins correct? Doesn't that mean the Vol Opt was close to the entrance, and if so wouldn't of Rico been able to hear the players battling the vol opt? Even if it isn't as close as im thinking the entire monitor room explodes after you take out his first form so I would expect the noise from that explosion would be loud enough for her to hear right? Yeah she could of charged right into the ruins but still she should of heard something.

AlexCraig
Oct 7, 2013, 06:37 PM
The door would have opened once the 3rd pillar is activated, not after Vol Opt is defeated.

Konan
Oct 7, 2013, 06:47 PM
The door would have opened once the 3rd pillar is activated, not after Vol Opt is defeated.

Yeah I know but everytime I go into the mines the last Pillar is right next to the warp gate that takes you to the Vol Opt.
I mean if this is the case then you would fight the vol opt only a few minutes after you open the door

AlexCraig
Oct 7, 2013, 06:51 PM
Really? For me it's always like halfway through Mines 2. Still, in either case, if we follow it like a story would, we'd likely consider our characters briefly enter the Ruins, then backtrack to tell the principal, then do side quests until we're needed to continue exploring. Almost like how Blue Burst separates Government Quests and Single-Player Main Quests.

Link1275
Oct 7, 2013, 07:04 PM
Rico probably didn't encounter Vol Opt as she had been selected by Falz Vol Opt was probably given an order to stand down and cease fire upon her entering Vol Opt's chamber. We also know that the events with Flowen happened a few months or close to that, before Episode 1 takes place if not up to a year. If you go through Episode 2 in 1 person mode in BB and do the Government quests you can find some interesting information. Including Flowen's personal entries into the data logs(in Olga), which eventually turn into Olga Flow's data logs. One of Olga Flows data logs says something about Rico near the time of the explosion, it could have been Falz's intentions from the start to spare Rico or Olga Flow's intentions to spare her when Falz made the atom bomb go boom on the Central Dome based on the information that can be garnished from that log. I'm not certain how Gal Da Val ended up deserted, but De Rol Le, Falz, or Flowen have got to do something to with it.

PS Remember the hole in the floor with the waterfall in Ruins 1? Flowen encountered Falz around there.

AlexCraig
Oct 7, 2013, 07:16 PM
I know of the messages you mentioned. They're in offline GC as well when exploring Gal Da Val. I wasn't aware that they were up to possibly a year prior. I figured they happened during Episode I, which must have only been half a year or so prior to Episode II

Konan
Oct 7, 2013, 07:25 PM
Rico probably didn't encounter Vol Opt as she had been selected by Falz Vol Opt was probably given an order to stand down and cease fire upon her entering Vol Opt's chamber. We also know that the events with Flowen happened a few months or close to that, before Episode 1 takes place if not up to a year. If you go through Episode 2 in 1 person mode in BB and do the Government quests you can find some interesting information. Including Flowen's personal entries into the data logs(in Olga), which eventually turn into Olga Flow's data logs. One of Olga Flows data logs says something about Rico near the time of the explosion, it could have been Falz's intentions from the start to spare Rico or Olga Flow's intentions to spare her when Falz made the atom bomb go boom on the Central Dome based on the information that can be garnished from that log. I'm not certain how Gal Da Val ended up deserted, but De Rol Le, Falz, or Flowen have got to do something to with it.

PS Remember the hole in the floor with the waterfall in Ruins 1? Flowen encountered Falz around there.

I'm not sure how exactly it got abandoned either, if I had to guess it was Olga Flow's Influence on the creatures of Gal Da Val and in the seabed, maybe he made them attack and kill the scientists and everyone who worked there? This is what I always thought.

Konan
Oct 7, 2013, 07:27 PM
Really? For me it's always like halfway through Mines 2. Still, in either case, if we follow it like a story would, we'd likely consider our characters briefly enter the Ruins, then backtrack to tell the principal, then do side quests until we're needed to continue exploring. Almost like how Blue Burst separates Government Quests and Single-Player Main Quests.

True, I never really thought of it that way before. Was never really into the quests since they are either really long and not worth it or just boring to me.

AlexCraig
Oct 7, 2013, 07:29 PM
That seems possible. Considering he is composed of D-Cells and a computer, it'd be reasonable to assume he would be able to control monsters and machines alike.

Back on the topic of Rico:
Given all that we know, it would be reasonable to assume that she is between immediately ahead of us (due to activation of the pillar) by one area to upwards of a week or more (factoring quests and such).

Konan
Oct 7, 2013, 07:40 PM
That seems possible. Considering he is composed of D-Cells and a computer, it'd be reasonable to assume he would be able to control monsters and machines alike.

Back on the topic of Rico:
Given all that we know, it would be reasonable to assume that she is between immediately ahead of us (due to activation of the pillar) by one area to upwards of a week or more (factoring quests and such).

I always figured she was immediately ahead of us, and my friends used to say if you destroyed the vol opt and cleared the Ruins 1 fast enough you could see her entering Ruins 2 ( which is obviously not true, they were just screwing with me )