PDA

View Full Version : PC My Game Wont WORK!

cfann
Sep 28, 2013, 03:36 PM
So basically I got a new computer and its a Lenovo that uses windows 8. I am trying to run Phantasy Star Online 2 but then it makes my computer restart. I try to troubleshoot it and run using windows 7 but it still happens. So I tried using the website that tells you if you can run a certain game on your computer and it was a ? because PSO2 came out before windows 8. So I need to know if there is a way I can run it or if its hopeless. Please someone help. :-( It has worked once or twice, but almost always doesn't work.

stl4jsp
Oct 4, 2013, 10:48 AM
Yea, I believe windows 8 won't work. I would just install windows 7 on it (8 sucks anyways), but thats what I believe not 100% sure.

stl4jsp
Oct 4, 2013, 01:35 PM
sorry I read more about it. It should work on windows 8 I believe from what I read. Does it go into a blank screen or blue screen then resets my belief is your computer may be overheating try reinstalling it and try it then. I'm assuming its a laptop try just using windows 7. Hope this helps, but Aida can most likely tell you where the problem lies. Also always run as admin. I hope this helps. Also post your computer specs it may be to much stress on your comp. Download the latest graphics driver, nvidia or amd close down all your other programs and try the settings at the lowest. Does this only do this on pso2?

cfann
Oct 6, 2013, 04:31 AM
It says windows 8. Processor Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40 GHz
RAM 8GB and 7.73 GB usable
system type 64-bit Operating System, 64x-based processor
Whenever I try it goes to a blue screen saying it has to restart.

It will either say unexpected kernel mode trap or driver verifier detected violation

Dhylec
Oct 6, 2013, 10:55 AM
I run the game on a lenovo win8 also; no problem at all.
Did you install as admin and the directx that came with the game?

cfann
Oct 7, 2013, 10:29 PM
Could it happen to do something with my charger because it works more when it's not plugged in and when I plug it in mid game it restarts my computer like usual :-?